What would you want in the next shadowrun game ?

what would you want in the next shadowrun game ?

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/akltxz.webm
youtu.be/8GPGQoR6f6w
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowrun_(1996_video_game)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Make it work how KOTOR
Relatively similar I'm that they work on rolls and shit

>what would you want in the next shadowrun game ?
i would want to fug the satanist grill this time

So long as they let me use the monofiliment whip, I don't care.

Yknow Dragonfall had a neat campaign but the characters were boring.

The only interesting one was the Punk Rock Mage and even then he wasn't that useful in combat for me.

I've been going through Hong Kong and so far all the characters are a blast

-QT Ork Waifu
-Shy Dwarf Decker
-Bro Cop Ork
-HONOBRU Ghoul Samurai
-Overly Russian Rigger.

I feel that even Dead Man's trigger had better characters.

Or maybe German's just lack personality

They should use their new Battletech engine and make bigger hubs for maximum cyberpunk immersion.

>eiger
>glory
>boring

delet this

I want the entire concept scraped and to expand on the sega genesis design. All other shadow run games are fucking shit in comparison.

those are some heavy nostalgia goggles you're wearing there m8.

just clean up the combat and we golden son

its the worst part of the game.

First-person shadowrun with cyberware upgrading. Deus Ex: Shadowrun Edition. Or Shadowrun: Deus Ex Edition, whichever.

Open world and set in one huge city.
>Shadowrun story and lore + Deus Ex gameplay + GTA open-world cities

Make it a little more polished. Hong Kong felt kind of rushed.
The original shadowrun was fucking terrible.

sexier orc women

Unless they try to change it into a completely different genre there isn't much they can improve. The combat is as good as any tactical rpg.

Shit taste, but I respect your opinion.

However, I personally found half the HK cast boring fuck and only Racter was remotely interesting.

The "Bro" cop Ork was incredibly dull, unless you were invested in his daddy issues. He spends half the fucking day brooding as well.

Shy Dwarf decker was the most static character ever. She literally has no arc whatsoever, from the beginning to the end of the bonus campaign.

Gaichu is pretty much another take on Glory. Different strokes for different folks. But I was more invested in the razorgirl.

Gobbet is eeh.. fun I guess?

Damnit. Meant to write game, not day.

Maybe just me then man

It felt half way between classic xcom and enemy unknown, Didnt dig it, magic wasnt very useful, melee to disable cover seemed silly

>I feel that even Dead Man's trigger had better characters.

lol are you actually being serious? Dead Man's Switch has no "characters" to speak of. It was a literal phantom cast. Even the Hub NPCs were super forgettable and the only person I remember was Jake who was ironically already in the old Sega Genesis game.

romanceable characters

i know it sounds stupid but shadowrun has some great tier waifus

also i wanna fuck that mountain

>sexier orc women
>implying that's even possible after Gobbet
>ywn cuddle gobbet and eat shitty junk food with her

Gaichu seems to talk to me more than Glory. Which is why I was bothered by her in Dragonfall.

She seemed emotionless which makes sense given her background, but I don't want a justification for having a stone cold character.

Hong Kong had more conversation options for the cast and that's probably why I liked it more.

I wouldn't mind if they moved completely from the shitty "also works on tablets" format and focused solely on a single platform.

And iron out the combat or just move to a completely new engine altogether and provide mod support..

Hong Kong also had more shitposting on Shadowlands BBS so that made it for me.

>but I don't want a justification for having a stone cold character.

Thing is, Glory's actually not stone cold and warms up to you considerably if you keep talking to her. The only thing that might seem like that about her is her reserved behaviour.

She was constantly being driven by her emotions, her personality kept shining through in the group discussions and she'd pipe up whenever a moral decision had to be made.

Gaichu on the other hand, seemed pretty clear cut to me from the very beginning and I saw another "redemption/revenge" path coming from a mile away in his story arc.

make the shadowlands look like Cred Forums ?

I feel like it would, with a slight more moderation approach given the criminal nature of the site.

Hmmm...more clothing options, I suppose? I had trouble finding a look I liked in DF and HK.

Everything else was great. HK's writing wasn't quite as good as DF's, but it's still head and shoulders above most other games.

Please, no.

>Hong Kong had more conversation options for the cast and that's probably why I liked it more.

The HK textdumps were terrible. And that comes from someone who enjoyed Fallout 2 and Planescape Torment a lot.

You and me both, friend.

Also, this must be like the 5th time I've seen someone post it. Unless it's always the same guy. :P

I don't want another Shadow Run game. I want another World of Darkness game, or any other table top game.

>Jake who was ironically already in the old Sega Genesis game.

Nigger it's the other way around.

Hong kong was the better campaign, but dragonfall had more interesting companions.

This, except DragonFall and HK aren't shit.

Whops, I am retarded. I meant the SNES version of course.

Why not both

..and responded to the wrong guy.

Yeah, there's something seriously wrong with me today.

More chrome and monsters that have the ability to drain essence if you aren't careful like in the tabletop.

I want to be so far gone I'm at 0.1 essence. I want to relive my fear from years ago when I took my chrome commando into a subway tunnel with my runner team only to discover a hive of HMHVV infected metahumans and animals. Frantically fighting my way out and my companions realizing how close I am, just being near one, to being completely obliterated and all of us working together to prevent that is one of my fondest tabletop memories.

> what would you want in the next shadowrun game ?

MORE OF IT.
As much as possible, if possible, thanks in advance.
Glory best girl

That's what they did for HK.
She's a shit girl.

An actual run would be nice for a change. Hacking and gathering intel on foot, finding a way to get your face character to case the joint, sitting down with your crew to discuss weak spots, coming with plan A, plan B, plan C and what to do when plan D fails as well, and an option to do the run cleanly, with nonlethal weapons and minimal property damage. Blowing everything up is fun but when you do nothing but quietly break a couple of locks local managers will have a harder time convincing Corporate to fund a hunt for your ass, rather than just hushing everything up so they don't look bad to their superiors.

And getting fucked over by the Jonson in the end, traditionally.

Less self-insertion (felicia day also), make the game not based on mobile play

I want a game where you're an actual fucking Shadowrunner and can choose what people you take your missions from, even if it means stabbing your previous Johnson in the back.

So far all of these Returns games have been too much about an overarching plot you're thrust into with characters I couldn't give a shit about (and often can't get rid of). I couldn't care less about the oppression of some shitty slum town, or fighting a faction for no other reason than "They're racist so they're evil." Being a Shadowrunner means taking jobs for your own personal reasons, not because some ugly troll chick with daddy issues needs you to be her punching bag.

Son what you wants is call E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy and you can often buy it for half a dollar on Steam.

You talking shit about my waifu? Fite me, trog.

Can't even remember who he or the Felicia Day characters are.

>realtime with pause like classis DnD CRPGs, or atleast not grid-based
>non-linear/boring weapon upgrade system
>ammo and better health system with pickups and looting
>funky gore
>more unique and striking visuals (not moar graffix, but memorable looking architecture and scenes, maybe pre-rendered backgrounds?)
>bossfights that aren't just tougher humanoids
>more fun grunts (less hp, but more of them)
>more striking OST during high stake story moments

Cyber pussy is shit. Even ugly troll is better than her.

>Ugly
those be fighting words chummer, you watch your mouth.

It's strange, the writing/gameplay in Hong Kong is far superior to Dragonfall, but it doesn't feel like it has the same amount of choice.

Not that guy but in my game, she was actually great and ripping stuff apart with her adrenaline pump and Dietrich's haste.

You're just shit at using her, chummer.

a combat system that replicates the tabletop. with all the arsenal, gadgets, toys, chems, n shit.

and a story focused around HMHVV and organ legging.

>realtime with pause like classis DnD CRPGs
Why anyone would want this is beyond me.

>ammo and better health system with pickups and looting
These. The SNES version was shit about this, but at least the Genesis version had you having to put some thought into ammo.
Back off, fragface. We all know that best waifu is Redskin from Returns.
I easily had mountain do better than her in my games. She's shit at both being a waifu and character.

You're right, I do want to play EYE. I'm going to go play EYE.

Ignore that shitty idea I posted.

Sounds good, minus the realtime thing.

For me it would be ideally something like a gameplay and customization mix of XCom and Jagged Alliance 2 (1.13 Mod)

Pump her up and use your decker to mark her target. She's the most consistent killer your can have in your team, barring a street sam MC.

>autists can't tell when someone is talking shit about someone's character and not them from a game play perspective.

higher rez models
better writing (not saying it's bad, but I expect them to continue to improve)
add more gear to each tier so I'm not just buying slightly better versions of stuff otherwise identical to what I started the game with
add a bit more to the planning stage of runs, with stuff like obtaining the floorplan, bribing security guards to give you a backdoor pass etc
and overall just add more flair to it.

>Redskin from Returns.
But she had like 10 minutes of screentime. Plus her ingame model looks 40 years older thann her portrait. At least Eiger and Glory were consistent.

Dragonfall had 'jesus christ how is this woman still alive?' over-aug lady

actual romance
what can I say, I'm lonely

>I easily had mountain do better than her in my games. She's shit at both being a waifu and character.

dunno man, i kinda liked glory better than her. both from a gameplay and character perspective. but there's no accounting for taste so let's just agree to disagree.

bigger tusks for orc women

Models were shit in that game, so it's excusable. What isn't is how she's been shafted by other characters.

>tfw 0.001 essence, even getting some fillings or your ear pierced will tip you over the edge

Also a cool punk dad.

And a redhead fuck-up who was fun to have around in HQ and 10/10 mission.

And huge KSK sniper troll who for some reason makes half the Cred Forums want to have a violent hate-sex with her or something.

If you want big tusks then go fuck a troll.

>a perfect working open world with numerous paths to the ending allowing complete customization of playstyle to get there
>multiple distinct classes with completely different playstyles
>can metal gear solid your way through with invisibility mage unless hellhounds find you and rape your asshole
>can steal hundreds of thousands of dollars of data doing matrix runs
>can blow through the front door and fight all the security at once
>can try and sneak in as employees with forged ids etc
>can get inside have your decker run against their corp ic and take out camera,s disable security, locate targets
>can switch to any member of your team instantly and take control of them
>teammate ai can handle shit by itself while you do work
>some 20 npcs with mixed stats to make a unique team
>controls work perfectly in real time
>can do whatever you want to accomplish goals no fucking gay storyline shoved down your throat

or you could play the new games
>forced as fuck writing by some hack HARK OMAE you crusin for a bruisin omae? chum? ill dump u m8
>complete loss of mis en scene with mediorce soundtrack and just clunky as fuck visuals
>is this a video game for phones? fucking trash tablet garbage
>who the fuck cares about the class choice or item choices its all the same shit
>pretty much use 1 thing or the other
>autistic as fuck wannabe shining force chess movement where they took shining force and stuck it up their ass and shit all over it
>incredibly awful story
>gay annoying point and click adventure having to fucking click on everything
>"hey omae im sure a waste of time WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT GLOWING VENT"
>just randomly deletes teammates and forces you to use others
>entire thing feels numale scififantasy as all fuck

Give me a 4 player co-op version of the sega genesis not this indie dev chess game lazy bullshit.

more NPC's in the hub that have an overarching subplot if you help them out after each run.

A cool german punk dad.

There are two things germany does well. Engineering and punk.

that or Shadowrun Payday Edition

>quickly move the goalposts, i must not lose this video game argument on the internet!

This. Building on the Sega Genesis model would be amazing. Faction system in-game, decent decking, radiant quest system that made sense.

Add more minor storylines to discover and pursue, add more location interiors and variants

Kinda this. but it needs interiors. They're the heart and soul of a shadowrun adventure. I feel like you'd either need to eat loading zones, or break the open world up in districts (genesis style) to make it flow.

>get to the end
>someone offers you a big job
>you say yes
>you actually get to do it

They blueballed you a second time in Dragonfall and that gets to me.

my.mixtape.moe/akltxz.webm
DELETE THIS

>Give me a 4 player co-op version of the sega genesis
Pic related.
Clearly you can't comprehend what you read. See ya, chump.

I don't know if the new Shadowrun games came out before or after Xcom, but after spending like 500 hours in it and another 200 in expansion I feel like I burned out, especially when I'm presented with an inferior version of said system, like the new Shadowrun games.

Also forgot to add that I would prefer less tryhard writing...
*user stops for a moment to scratch his ballsack and continues after a loud burp that rings in your ears*
...if you know what I mean.

I don't mind descriptive notes, but if your characters have certain characteristic traits, show them on their model/portrait. That brings me to another thing
>animated portraits for voiced dialogue

>not having him as a green man with a question mark face
Artist fucked up.

I played Returns and Dragonfall, but not Hong Kong. Is it any good?

>animated portraits for voiced dialogue

So kinda like Jagged Alliance 2?

I really would like that, desu.

how painful would sex with glory be ? especially with the claws

In my opinion, DF was best in the series but if you have already played the previous two games there is no reason to skip on HK. Might as well finish the series and see all the impovements they've made, gameplay-wise.

This is a terminal case of nostalgia. You've only got a few weeks at most before you kill yourself.

artist name?

hong kong is fun but not as good as dragonfall

Her claws are retractable (she operates a pistol and is a medic after all). I'd more concerned if she has an actual vagina instead of a datajack or something.

HowlSFM on tumblr.

thanks user

>I'd more concerned if she has an actual vagina instead of a datajack or something.

what if it's both a datajack and a vagina

HK is more linear than DF, less than DMS. There's some good tweaks to combat initiation, and some nice character-specific mechanics (ARREST DEMON). If DF was a 4/5, HK is a 3/5.

>future sex is now just jacking in to each other and manipulating our sensory input in a VR world

>Demolition Man sex is the future

I thought it said DragonBall

Payday style fps with procedural maps and online co op.

well for all we know that's shadowrun japan

This over and over. If I could readily edit and expand upon that ROM the game it could produce would shame anything Wiseman is going to release.

Summoners not sucking. Change hacking to something less intrusive. I don't care if it's just a random % roll for a success/failure, I don't want to stop an intense combat to suddenly have to play frogger.

they cant drastically change hacking like that without re-writing how the cyberspace works in shadowrun.

I think she may be relatively normal down there, with just her legs being replaced by cyberware, at most.

>shadowrun japan
>the matrix is just some MMO and mages are just magical girls
>street sams are Bleach tier and riggers are just eva pilots

The only good companions in hong kong where the ghoul and the psychopath

isn't that Cthulhutech?

Like I said, I don't care. That shit was annoying as fuck on tabletop, just because that's how it's done there doesn't meant it has to be done the same way in the game. This is a video game, I don't expect 100% faithful adaptation here. Because I would rather have it fun than what we currently have.

I love my german punk stepdad

I really just want another game like the Genesis version. Shadow Returns was kind of fun, and I was giving it the benefit of doubt until I could no longer ignore the awful writing.

>riggers are just eva pilots
Fleshriggers are Eva pilots. Regular riggers ride Labours.

it was a game that was designed to be faithful from the start. the most they're going to do is improve upon it. they're not changing it as much as you want if they make another SR game.

The combat system was ripped straight from x-com. The lore is faithful but the system itself is not.

Never heard of that.
kek. I guess shamen would all be elves and technomancers will be little girl ayyys.

It felt pretty much like a VN with a mediocre attempt at battle system glued to the side
Story, characters and music (and therefore atmosphere) are pretty great, but i'd wish they'd develop everything else, it's phone-game tier garbage
I felt fucking insulted when it turned out etiquette or whatever i was putting points now and then into was a fucking null stat that gave me nothing. If your entire RPG system is there for decoration then you need to stop pretending and just make a nice VN, it'd be better then this retarded pseudo-rpg

>If I could readily edit and expand upon that ROM the game
Too bad the most we have is a weapon/starting race edit. Seems no one can fucking edit that game for shit. Shame as I'd pay for an expansion to the game.

thats why i said i remember them saying that they tried to make it similar to the tabletop but failed to make it fun with what they could manage to do.

and by faithful they meant lore. yes. mechanics are different. lore wise the cyberspace is pretty much dead on.

sorry to be a faggot, but im going to sleep.

I disagree vehemently.

I know. But like I said before, I would sacrifice that little bit of faithful adaptation for something more fun and less intrusive. I think even SR tabletop players would be glad that they don't have to pull the same thing for the video game like they did for the tabletop.

I don't want anything in particular, the devs are doing good work with the IP, I just hope they keep making games.
If I had to be picky; maybe a bit less linearity in the levels, I wish there were more approaches, secret passages, maybe the option to tactically think out a situation before going in, deciding on whether to go through the front, back, skylight, whatever.

I don't like DF. HK made HUGE gamplay improvements (lacking only decent difficulty options), characters were more grounded compared to DF (which I note, in these threads, was not something alot of DF fans enjoyed), morals were not forced on your character (unlike DF with skinheads for example), and skills had better distributions than DF when it came to skill checks (Why is Street and Gang seperate, why are some ettiquetes basically not used like Academic and Shadowrunner?). Honestly can't see why people rate DF over HK when DF was so deeply flawed as a game compared to HK.

Most of the improvements I want were already mentioned.

I kinda like this series though. For me it was one of those better wRPGs that I've played in the recent 5 years. Which is suprising, given the fact that it was made with tablets in mind and shit (which the interface reflects).

Also, top tier waifus.

Well, we've been in both main SR cities, and we've been in anarchist Berlin, so I'd like to see a more corp-heavy city. I'm thinking Neo-Tokyo, LA or Manhattan. Perhaps with more focus on how you juggle your alliances with the corps.

Just because they were "grounded" doesn't mean they were always better. I'd take Blitz (arguably the worst character in DF) over the Nigerian tumblerette bore any day in a week.

I liked Blitz and Eiger in DF, the Punk Rock mage got old and I stopped caring about the synth lady rather fast.

And using Is0bella as proof of anything is just NO, no one likes her. Worst character.

To be entirely accurate there have been Matrix books since 1st edition for massively streamlining and making Matrix go smoother.

In all of the real, original editions you could reduce decking to a quick two or three rolls to see so that when someone played a decker they didn't completely fuck up the game for everyone else.

The modern fanfic editions went with the wireless overwatch system to make deckers feel useful while sidestepping the whole "Decking requires writing a second adventure just for the decker" problem.

I believe Cyberpunk 2020 just recommended sending all the other players out for pizza while you ran it's hacking.

Lore-wise cyberspace ought to be jacking in and then spending 3 hours playing Mad Max/Shadow of Mordor/any other arkham brawler with an upgrade system while everyone else gets bored.

Seriously. Mad Max might be the best analogy for the Matrix I've ever seen. Patrols, system alerts, nodes, repairs, hot swapping loadouts.

>Blitz
>worst character in DF

He was your truest bro who wasn't a brooding cunt and just wanted to get high and drive a cyberzombie. Every other person in the crew was a judgemental cunt with a pretty basic shadowrunner morality, and they all pretty much agreed on everything. Blitz was the only one to stand apart from them.

>the Punk Rock mage got old
I agree that Glory was boring, but old man bro was based.

A job. A Next gen target. Posse's. Interior design. Open world sand box. Judge Dredd meets LoTRs? um, OK, but can we do something about The Singularity, Titan Exosuits, Ancient Etra Terrestrials, and
and
Cyberpunk 2077 is cool too right?

He was also a pretty spineless yes-man and ass-kisser.

The only time he truly showed some backbone was when you tried to make him jack in with APEX around. And even there, his balls dropped off pretty quickly afterwards.

He was such a trainwreck, that even his personal dilema revolved around "muh gf, poor me".

Alright come to think of it, maybe he wasn't the worst. But I just couldn't really find anything remotely interesting about him, apart from his pragmatic morality.

>his personal dilema revolved around "muh gf, poor me".
To be fair, he did say that it's silly in retrospect and that it's not really worth listening to multiple times before caving in and telling you about the GF deal.

DM mode.

Returns: Steals the work of a dead man without giving him any credit. Feels very classic Shadowrun (since it's a ripoff of a published Shadowrun adventure and novel). Shouldn't have had Harlequin in it.

DragonFall: First, obvious pandering to the shockingly large, active German Shadowrun community. Original story-like substance buried under "OMG! One of a kind" after "OMG! One of a kind". Multiple AI's, Multiple Great Dragons, Multiple Immortals. This was the point where I really started getting pissed off.
Wiseman was one of the clueless fucks who wanted the old Shadowrun metaplot killed off (Horrors,UB, Immortals, etc).

HK: Still haven't installed it. The first two sucked and really sapped my will to install more. I hate the combat. I'm begrudgingly accepting that Wiseman wants to revive the old metaplot in his games, but he's so shit at it without any of the old writers.

Open World Sandbox with loading zoned interiors. I'd kill for some designed set pieces and a decent procedural generation system for random building interiors.

>I stopped caring about the synth lady rather fast.

I actually found her story arc and personal mission to be pretty damn good, maybe even the highlight of the Director's Cut. Then again, I had a close person to me who went through a similiar cult experience (minus the murder and mutilation), so I may be a bit biased or projecting here.

Third game is very subdued/closer to reality compared to previous two and gameplay large improvements, but if you weren't feeling the combat before then you won't like it in HK. Especially with how easy HK is compared to DF and Returns.

Why don't you love me?

>Then again, I had a close person to me who went through a similiar cult experience
Story time?

Well here's a thing, I didn't think it was bad. Like I said, I just stopped caring. But that's an interesting perspective.

I liked all three games to varying degrees, plus the addon campaign to HK.

But, I don't really want another one of these in another city with another similar plot. I absolutely need some different places outside of just another big city with slums and offices.
I wouldn't mind if it was just contracts with no real overarching story, except for keeping your group of people together.

I also wouldn't mind a new engine.

>I wouldn't mind if it was just contracts with no real overarching story, except for keeping your group of people together
That's what the mod was supposed to be. Shadowrun unlimited I believe. Too bad the creator is a faggot who bailed and the other guy who picked it up can't do shit either.

Cousin is a cult survivor. It was an evangelical community or some shit, but it turned out to be.. not exactly that.

I said story time, not summary time.

Easier would actually be better. The only worse than the combat was needing to repeat part of it because of failure.

It was just more shitting on Nigel Findley's memories and screwing with his creations. Harlequin wasn't interested in chasing down insect spirits. He was 100% about the Horrors trying to break through early.

>"Note that the insect spirits, the invae, are not the Enemy, though these creatures come into our world in a similar manner. In fact the Enemy will gleefully consume all the bugs they can find when the time comes." Harlequin, from "Harlequin's Back"

I know Returns was shit, but this picture woud benefit greatly if someone added Shannon Half-Sky or Coyote at least. Or that redheaded elf bartender.

I've never undertood the hate for Harlequin, granted I never really read any of the books. He didn't bother me in the game, although I would have preferred not to have him in my party.
>Shannon Half-Sky
My man.

So like a freeplay sandbox?

I don't mind the overeaching story personally, but maybe HBS could somehow include both. A campaign mode for the storyfags like me and a freeplay mode for people who just want to do randomly generated contracts with a custom or recruit crew and in a dynamic enviroment.

Something like that?

I think the problem with Harlequin was how he was portrayed. Someone already mentioned that he has bigger fish to fry and also he's supposed to be crazy OP, able to go toe on toe with dragons. His game stats were rather.. pathetic.

Funny that in the Genesis version he has a human and maybe two other people take out Thon, who was a big enough threat for him to even get involved.

He was in the Genesis version as well? Fuck I can't even remember that.

Yeah, like the two most powerful, dangerous free spirits in the world are both escaped Harlequin pets.

His involvement there was also odd. Frosty was cool, and it did actually take a bunch of shamans and a Great Feathered Serpent to finish Thon. You were the locate him and distraction team.

He is barely in it as the person who ultimately was hiring your brother and then you to track down what Renraku were up to and destroy Thon.

I wanna see more of a clusterfuck finale, not jumping through hoops of "this is a thing" on the way to the final boss encounter of "this is also a thing" like we've been seeing.

What I would not want to see is shit based around hailey's comet once the vidya timeline hits 2061.

>shitting in etiquette
Somebody picked up socialite

Etiquettes are for talking out of trouble or into places. You should always have at least security and corporate. Shadowrunner also helps. Gang is slightly useful at the start but quickly falls to the side. The rest are fucking trash (Academic got a little more love in HK though. Still trash)

HK is about special snowflakes all absorbed in their own shit.

What did you do Cred Forums?

Redeem her or let her get possesed by literal Satan?

This user gets it. The new ones were just made to sell the new table tops and were pretty uninspired xcom clones. Decking sucked in all the new ones. It went from sucking and not really mattering too much in the Dead Man's Switch, to sucking and being a large part of the game in the third one. Each time I was hoping that they would make it a large interconnected city like on Genesis, and each time they would make the hub world a little larger as if they wanted to go that way but it never did.

Technically you were there too destroy him. The shaman group and the dragon were unknown to each other and even the elves don't seem to know about them all. Only the dragon might have any knowledge other the other groups. Still, you were sent to destroy Thon, while OP Harlequin did jack shit.

He never hired you. He just let you get involved once you proved yourself by fucking everyone up.
Most of the etiquettes in the SRR games are worthless though and the ones that aren't have such little use that there is really no point in using points to get them.
The devs are Nintendofags and clearly never played the Genesis version.

>
Kinda shame that if you read up on the fate of the F-state in the Shadowrun canon, it means the cool german punk dad might be either dead or topping Germany's most wanted list by 2060.

Wasn't he only an uncle? I could see him and the MC picking up floozies at bars though.

Of course I fucking redeemed her.

Although I couldn't fully convince her old flame to give up the key, and she ended up running away. Ah well.

People just tend to call him that (the cool punk dad) because he's cool and laid back. Otherwise, yeah he was uncle to that Alexander fellow.

Don't mind me, just posting the best girl before the thread goes to the archive shitter.

Too bad you didn't.

Party pooper.

She's a shitgirl, user. Post a better one and we'll be good.

She's the bestgirl, but whatever man. How about I just post all of them.

Damn, should have scrolled up a bit. Someone already posted it before me. ;_;

Oh well.

i wanna hug eiger

>you walk into a night club and this troll slaps your ass

what do ?

a good game not made for tablets

Rat is better than her.
Suck her dick of course.

Call bouncer

>Rat is better than her.

If you are into unwashed, sweaty rat fuckers with terrible eating habits then sure. But I ain't judging, chummer - there's one for everyone.
Also, are you by any chance the same guy that has been shitting on her for like 3 hours in a row now? Feels like whenever someone mentions Glory, there's always that one response. I am sensing a pattern here. :P

She'd beat the shit out him and then violently drag you off to the toilets or something. She a freak.

I'm sure I can convince her to be cleanly enough to were I won't get a disease. Especially if I'm the one washing her.

Nah. I was just trying to bump the thread with you. Gobbet is more of a waifu to me though. I personally like Monika the best out of DF girls.

Fair enough.

Although is pretty much on life support, now that we have to keep bumping it with literal waifu shit.

Where's all the actual discussion? I remember Dragonfall and Baldur's Gate threads on Cred Forums being full of those.

Always bet on the 9 1/2 foot tall real Shadowrun troll over any tiny nu-shadowrun troll.

I don't know man. I think if someone converted her stats for the legit 3rd or 5th edition, she could stand a chance.

I mean, I am pretty sure all those characters must have been based on some tabletop archetypes anyway.

eiger would probably break your pelvis

Then let's discuss something. What did you think of the new models for HK? I liked how the trolls could be more than Grundy impostors.

Good plot
More melee and or utility Augs
MOTHERFUCING DIALOGUES WHERE IT MATTERS WHAT YOU PICK. Not like in fucking Hong Kong, I literally did not matter 99% of times.

Whip out my 6ft monofilament whip

Major fucking improvement. Although I heard some people complaing about the new ork model size, I actually quite liked it.

It's just a shame that the HK editor got rid of the soundtrack and some portraits/assets from Returns and DF. With the new updated visuals, gameplay and models, it would have been perfect for the mod I am working on (one that I am forced to make in Dragonfall engine because of that)

kek. Luckily my OC can still be made with the portraits they have. Been in there since Returns. Anyway you can force them back in?

>>entire thing feels numale scififantasy as all fuck
What did he mean by this?

Since they decided to create their own unplaytested monstrosity for the video games, it's hard to say.

I was just mocking the consistent reduction of the size and abilities of trolls since 3rd edition.

>Anyway you can force them back in?

Yeah, sort of. But you have to replace some existing ones (which in hindisight is not much of a problem, seeing how half of the new ones are butt-fugly backer portraits).

I am more salty about the soundtrack though. Not to say that Hong Kong has a bad one but editor-wise, it's pretty limiting because of the oriental tune in them.

i think he's trying to fit in

Guy is just exercising his newly learned buzzwords. Just let him have his fun.

Higher difficulty.
More gameplay complexity.
This series is easy as dick right now.
Also they need to find a better balance between side missions and story missions, and a way to spread out the dialogue a bit more.

What kind of mod are you working on?

Shame. I like Chinese themes in music, but I'd like to have both for different areas. What is the mod?

Is this how that Jap ShadowRun was like?

how do i accept ?

Deposit 900 shekels into my account and I will persuade her to add you.

Basically a follow up on Dragonfall, focusing on your squadmates. Sort of a mini-campaign for every one of them.

- Glory gets to do her epic manhunt on Harrow
- Dietrich will fuck shit up in the upcoming corp/anarch war, since logically, I don't see him sitting that one out (because of his Totem).
- Eiger will make her covert trip to the Polish village that the Engineer mentioned and probably get involved in some Vory business again.
- Blitz's will stick around the Kreuzbasar and do some dumb shit after his girlfriend leaves again for Hong Kong.

Since DF doesn't support save game importing like Hong Kong, I had to do a little workaround and simulate a world state/choices import sequence. Think Mass Effect 2 if you haven't imported the first game.

I was even autistic enough to actually reach out to the SRR lead writer himself (Andrew McIntosh) and ask him for some tips or pointers regarding the characters and stuff.

How is that? I was thinking of going cybermonk in HK but was saddened when I saw I can't use killing hands with my cyber razors.
>Eiger
>Duncan
>Glory
>Not great characters.
I will agree more sidestory character building missions akin to the ME2 ones would be great.
I just need more fanart of the grills.
All the grills are gr8.

does the dog in dragonfall turn on you if you're mean to it?

>I was even autistic enough to actually reach out to the SRR lead writer himself (Andrew McIntosh) and ask him for some tips or pointers regarding the characters and stuff.
kek. That just amuses me in a special way. Too bad the best girl is long gone.

did you ever get a response ?

I tried to get into it with an emulator but it's extremely unforgiving in the beginning. I should probably also just leg it from gangs of bad dudes instead of trying to fight them.
The game is really cool though and has some great ideas. I just need to git gud. But HK is also calling for me.

"Don't contact me again, next time I'll call the police."

If you don't pet him after every mission or just generally ignore him, you will have to use a skill check to calm him down when he goes Hellhound mode.

But if you did, he will come to you without the need of doing the said skillcheck.

Different user. I had a hard time deciding on which one I'd choose to 'climb'.
I ended up choosing both.

Neat touch, luckily I petted him.

>that obvious cameo
Good thing I never got that far into the game. She doesn't even look like she belongs in the game. At least Chobot looked decent enough. Can you at least kill her?

Mountaintits was great for sniping and when she gets her custom AR but before that has such a shit time positioning between short and long range that GoryGlory always tore through niggas before she could even get them in her sites.

You are just shit it seems. It's an easy fucking game, even in the beginning. If you're unlucky, you'll die a few times, but it's nothing close to unforgiving.

Suprisingly, yeah. I did not even expect him to reply but guy was actually super chill about it.

Although most of his "advice" was more about him encouraging me to be creative with the writing, he did give me some basic stuff to work with. It wasn't much, but he's apparently super busy with Battletech after all.

>Too bad the best girl is long gone.

If you are referring to Monika, there was a UGC that focused on when you were working with her before Dragonfall. Haven't tried it myself yet, so not sure if it's any good.

Not for me. I always gave her aim and haste and she would blow through everyone before they could approach. Glory was just not worth the investment when I had petite troll rolling people.

screencap ?

Shes just a random merc, she has like 3 lines of dialogue when you meet her in the club and then never appears again.

I meant from a canon point of view. I always hate it when characters are taken out so quickly like that. I usually end up liking them.

Different user but.
>Gay relationships
>Metahuman vs Human bullshit
>pseudo-intellectual 'Killing all these people tah save dah world' shit straight from a JRPG.
>Other shit that 'makes you think'.
I just wanna shadowrun mayne.

science fiction plots have always been about exploring society. seems kind of pointless to have a grimdark future and not bother including those elements.

I'll give you the first two points, but:

>pseudo-intellectual 'Killing all these people tah save dah world' shit straight from a JRPG
You never have the goal of 'saving the world' in any of the new games, you only inadvertently save it (or doom it) in Dragonfall.
>Other shit that 'makes you think'.
What is this gibberish? Some meme I'm not aware of?

>What is this gibberish? Some meme I'm not aware of?
He's trying to avoid using "2deep4u"

>gay relationships

did i miss something because the closest thing to a gay relationship i got was when i flirted with a female bartender when i was playing as a female elf

Yeah, its a shitty Cred Forums meme

Sure, here's the first mail at least, since I sent him one more afterwards.

Blanked out some shit that was irrelevant to the main point (and bit a spoiler as well).

>Lena

Think you forgot to erase that part, omae.

That's one shitty blackout job mate

Just saying

Welp. Cat's out of the bag I guess.

Don't hurt me.

well it's good to know that there are some grills that are fans of shadowrun makes me feel slightly less lonely

tits or gtfo btw

>likes shadowrun
>is a female
pm me

post feet

>Hating on blitz

Dietrich > Blitz > Eiger >>>>>>>>>>> shit >>>>>> Glory

s-shut up she told me she can control it!

Redeemed and got her that sweet amulet.

(You)

Slap her back. I have to show spine to earn her respect

There's actually plenty of straight non-man hating females who are into Shadowrun or even the tabletop variant

Ironically, they seem to be congregating on tumblr, where they spend most of their time drawing their Shadowrun OCs and shit. I swear I not making this up.

this seems like a part of tumblr i can get behind

Gloryfags spotted. She would never feel anything for you lads

Aztechnology is really nice

You dense motherfucker. Why. Just why.

On the flip side, you will get to be the first member of her new harem, when starts a cult of her own (which is implied).

>tfw all of my friends are only into dnd and medieval fantasy shit
ill never play tabletop shadowrun. you triggered me. please leave, Cred Forums is a safe space and you're ruining it.

A R I Z O N A
R
I
Z
O
N
A

Well we killed the thing. I thought it just got bound to glory's claw. As in, prisoner inside those blades, not possessing her

>(which is implied)
exactly where?

Well, she pretty much reverts to her old toxic self and the first thing she does is wrapping you around her fingers (as the leader of the team and person in authority).

Kinda makes sense that with the Adversary-minded spirit inside here, it would be the next step. Heck, when you finish the final convo with her, you even get the same feeling of dread when you faced the corrupted spirit.

But of course, I may be just talking out of my ass and this is all just my impression/speculation and point of view.

I just wanted to stop the kidnapping and indoctrination of children pls i don't want to be forced into a harem

Okay what the fuck!
Why is it whenever I play a game any game that I go on Cred Forums and there is a thread about it?
ARE YOU FUCKERS SPYING ON ME?

The next Shadowrun game should be a 'papers please' style used drone salesman simulator.

If you kill harrow you damn glory

But if you let him go he will just keep his cult thing

it was a sacrifice that had to be done

I almost got a game, but the GM couldn't figure it out so we played D&D instead. So there's two of us.

I would play with you but I don't need to be in a game of the tabletop anyways all of my character concepts are both autistic and unviable mechanically

Of course you can't compete with Duncan "Wrestle spirits to the ground and throw them in the pound" Wu.

>But if you let him go he will just keep his cult thing

But Glory gets redeemed, gets a nice healing spirit bound to her and will hunt Harrow down. I'd say that sounds like a better decision for everyone in the long run.

Plus she explicitly promises she will come back. ..right?

Terrific idea, beautiful.

I want the xbox 360 Shadowrun game.

That game is the best game ever.

Reminder that APEX actually stays true to his/her/its word of defending the flux-state

>inb4 the flux state falls it is canon
nigga who cares about the canon. If you did you wouldn't play anything but a decker

Wait, the canon character in DF is a decker?

All of the side characters are so ridiculously god tier in hong kong
>ywn attend one of ten arm Ambrose's viewing parties with all of them
Fucking kill me.
Also
>that decker kid who rode out the typhoon with a only a gat and his ten ton balls

Fuck that, I just want a game that's pure decking and looks like Neuromancer describes it

agreed

So when playing dragonfall
Did anyone get the feeling that the redheaded decker was the only other Player Character in the world?

I don't know why, I think something about his writing and attitude, but it seemed to me like he was the only one who just noticed those weird PC things you did. Like looping through conversation options, following dialogue trees exhaustively, randomly asking him questions he'd already answered, etc.

It felt like he was standing there going "O... kaaaaaaaay..." and glancing to either side to see if anyone else was noticing this shit.

Play MIS-100

the canon character in all shadowrun games is a decker

TIS-100, my bad.

tactical shuffling

youtu.be/8GPGQoR6f6w

Killed her because she killed muh friends.

user who posted the screencap here. Actually, the huge ass blanked out part? That was him confirming that Glory swings both ways and would probably get involved with the Dragonfall runner as well, if the circumstances were right.

Unless you were referring to us in real life in which case yeah, we are fucked.

I cheat engined a bit so I could be a 1337 mage/decker with some cyber enhancements

I actually sort of get that. While the rest of the team felt like hardcore badasses from movies, he felt like a normal guy on a running team, who was uncomfortable with the weird questions offered by the player.

Different user but I do kinda regret being a Decker and not using him as often. I also heard before that his character mission fucks up his chances with his GF so I just speech'd him into not going.

Stick with it, user. Stick to the Redmond Barrens and just do really simple runs until you have the karma to upgrade. Skip the ghoul runs.
There are some neat things you can do. Eventually, I made most of my money selling data I'd stolen from corporations through the matrix. It's awesome that a game that old let's you sell sit on the black market.

that was fucking sick. shadowrun movie when?

That is an interesting perspective. For all the shit people keep giving him, he certainly feels like the most realistic character from the entire group.

There's also a hillarious scene in the final mission where the big bad ork locks you up in a room, and while everyone in the team will threaten him in the most violent way, Blitz is the only who says something (in a completely innocent tone) along the lines of "urm.. how about you take the high way and let us go."

I dont know why but I just found that stark contrast in attitude pretty hillarious.

Help how do I spend karma points?
Also is it worthwhile to cross into other specialties as a street sam?

I'll check that out, but that's more like what I'd imagine decking to look like to an outside observer say if you hooked a monitor to your OnoSendai.

I'm talking like the low poly, blue wireframe cube world type deal Gibson described the matrix as, with programs being various shapes like spheres and large mainframes being huge towers with security that increases as you ascend them.

>that late 80s early 90s hair

kek

ROMANCE
Both Hong Kong and Dragonfall had god tier waifus but you can't romance them
>Can't romance Glory
>or Eiger
>or Gobbet
Life is pain

>excellent trigger discipline

>not being satisfied with the implied romance when you let satan possess glory
>every time you talk to her you can hear butterflies in your balls or whatever

Elaborate

What are some other games that have clever writing like this?
I need to scratch text based adventure itch and this does the trick just right.
>Isometric
>Turn based
>Dialogue
>Witty Writing
It does everything just right.

Spend karma points by staying at the inns. The first room your character goes into is an inn in which you can go and rest and spend karma. They're in every town, pretty much.
And, honestly, I'm not sure about cross-classing in the Genesis one. I run as all three classes and usually end up getting my karma from doing Redmond Barrens runs and money from selling stolen data, regardless of the class. The money is just too good and the data Jack really doesn't remove too much essence.

Much thanks user.
How does the SNES version compare? What differences does it have?

fallout 1/2

I'd say any if the newer cRPGs maybe? Age of Decadence, Underrail etc.

But the closest thing would probably be Fallout 2

underrail

!
A man after my own heart!

>didn't go to the Triage Center before doing the Sewer quest
>now currently locked out of the quest's ending

There's other little things like the shoddy enemy AI and such that I'd just like fine tuned and improved. Haven't played Hong Kong yet, so I'm hoping they finally nail everything right. Dragonfall is already a huge improvement over Returns in almost every department, so just a little bit more QA and some more official content is all I really want.

Would be nice to have one based around the aztechcorp batshit crazyness in a south american setting.

Also get more of the classes in, and make it more open world instead of mission based, I am dying to do a face run in the same style as a 'pacifist' fallout 1/2 run

An orc-girl with a big fat juicy cybercock

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowrun_(1996_video_game)

I've spent far less time with the SNES version, but its much more if an adventure/story game than the Genesis' open world game. It has a story to tell, but I can't speak for its quality, as I stopped playing pretty early. It's easy enough to emulate and judge yourself, but I prefer the music, art, and gameplay of the Genesis version. Something about that weird delay when you lock on and shoot enemies does it for me. Plus the variety of mission types is nice. The shadowruns include package delivery, escort missions, matrix hacking (deleting our stealing data), monster slaying, burgling corporation offices, and maybe more.

DENVER.

Denver pls.

Merely for the Perianwyr and Kyle Morgan cameo.

PLS HAIRBRAINED.

anybody else pissed that you can't crack a fart in the cyberfuture without the US biting it?

sort of drives me nuts that a bunch of faggy indians did a dance and took half the country

what the fuck's all that about

magic, faggot

nigga that looks kawaii as fuck

Is HK better than Dragonfall?

nigga the UCAS is barely recognizable as its own government in Shadowrun. It's not this behemoth like it is today. It's like a bunch of city-states which are owned by corporations that don't give a shit. Federal/state government is basically a joke.

no

still good though

I say no, but my opinion is far from objective

storywise no, but it's a close 2nd

imo the combat is a lot better though.

The trolls seem okay. But wtf is up with that dress. Couldn't they go more with the Ghost in the Shell route instead of cutesy moe anime?

looks cute desu

is it going up on steam workshop ?

are you putting in anything lewd ?

Yeah. Steam ans and an uncooked version on Nexus for people who have the game on GoG or pirated it. Shame in you. .
I mean what would I do with a mod that I have worked on for so long? Play it just myself?

>are you putting in anything lewd ?
Maybe? I mean I got the go ahead from big M himself, so we'll see.

No mini campaign for Dante? Dropped.

no but seriously, good luck. Been waiting for like 2 years for someone to do a Glory centric UGC. This sounds pretty ambitious.

Actual gameplay instead of obsolete turn-based trash for casuals with no form of hand-eye coordination.

Not have XCom-tier false hit chance indicators.
Make cover not shit.

That's easily fixed by not being a little bitch.