twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>last sign of life from Aug 18

What did he mean by this?

He's probably gonna commit suicide

Sean "Long Gone" Murray

Feels good that he's fucked

What's gonna happen?

He's probably kill

they're gonna replace the trailers and screenshots on the store page.

literally nothing else.

A lawsuit at most

>"...it's safe to say that..."
Its safe to say what?
ITS SAFE TO SAY WHAT??

>below 1,000 players

That's fairly pathetic.

They would have to either pull advertising in the UK, or re-do their advertising to be accurate. All in all, not much as a direct effect.

As an indirect effect it would be a strong piece of evidence for a plaintiff in a lawsuit.

He ded

...the...

>tfw it wasn't safe to say...

Does anybody have a link to murray deflecting when he found people couldn't see each other in the game? He said something like, "Wow, so many of you are playing"or something like that.
I can't find it anywhere.

It's safe to say the

Fucking Candlejack fucking up this threa

Maybe this.

If he/they do get sued, its karmic revenge against the drug dealers and not the distributors type thing.
It'd be unfair for career liars like Peter Mollycock to get away with it.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is a good deal Sony's fault and Murray is just contractually bound to not saying a single negative word about Sony.

I think it's more to do with the fact that he heavily implied there was multiplayer functionality in various pre release interviews, rather than things said in commercials and published advertisements.

>"...the..."

Mollycock actually delivered on functional and fun games
>at least before fable 3

...Wed...

Ran off with the $$$

But seriously he probably knows if he tweets anything he's going to get lynched.

>It's a single player game so of course there's not going to be that many people playing this long after release!

The fuck is Candlejack, some meme from 2004? Fuck off grandad, you're not welc

>Wow! How are there so few players? My mind is blown!

I heard the reason you can't see other players in the game is because Candlejack came and took them away. It's safe to say that the

Why would Candlejack fill in the captc

Is this the start of an epic new meme?

the game takes 4000000 trillion billion years to explore, less than 1000 players aren't enough!

[scream]

This is especially delicious considering the ammount of back pedalling and excuses following the game's release.

From the beginning, people were complaining about fraudulous publicity and the fucking idiots and shills sang in unison about how
false advertizing is, somehow, a matter of interpretation and that it's the fans who had unrealistic expectations.

Well it's about damn time some people get punished for fraudulous activities in videogame making. Fuck that guy and I've been calling it since the game's release. anyone who took his defense can go fuck themselves.

Not to worry, you can cut that time down dramatically by having a single person explore ten planets.

i dont know in murrica but in my country there is strict rules on advertising. so if you say your product does something it should also do it.

crazy if they get away with monies and not sued to dry.

in fact it is, can you do us a favor and upload it to knowyourmeme? thanks man we all appreciate all the work you do for us

I was hoping they were going to focus on improving the game, but shit like this will just postpone anything else and probably end it. I didnt mind the game, should've been $30. I had hope it would be improved in the coming months, but doubt it will be now. Oh well, ill sell it to some kid for $50.

Literally all they can do is take down advertisements that are misleading, and I'm pretty sure that won't happen. Maybe at the least this news will get muh morals fags to stop beating this dead horse of a shitty game.

They're totally focused on customer support right. Then they'll move onto improving and adding features to the game.

What specifically did they false advertise?

>inb4 a good game

Can you just fucking kill yourself? Not even joking, if you seriously need this to be repeated to you when it's been listed so many times and even compiled by the ASA now at this point you shouldn't be breathing because you're wasting air.

Sony also probably told him to shut his damn mouth too. he says anything, and I mean anything, at this point he's just digging himself in deeper.

different structures, giant sand worm, flying in formation with player, large faction space battles over territory, flowing water and the major ones

Your mom, they said she wasn't a slut

and here we have a concern troll

>You could meet another player!

Don't forget "taking sides" and "factions" as a whole.

Fuck. I almost choked up laughing at this.

That one is the most fucking absurd of all the bullshit spun by Shaun.
>"Yes, you could meet someone, but the chances of that are so infinitesimally small that it probably wont ever happen."
>everyone starts in the same galaxy which is, at most, 1/256th the theoretical projected size of the 'universe' and at worst potentially one ten millionth of the estimated size of the universe
>game encourages the player to visit anomalies and special stations that have fixed spawn points with a low frequency, effectively funneling players along certain paths of stars
>making it a good likelihood that players will stumble across each other
>so much so that two players find each other on the day the game launched

What a giant fuck up. Something about all that makes me wonder if Shaun actually had any fucking clue of how the game was being structured in terms of code and game logic, because it only takes a few minutes to figure out that the procedural generation logic functions nothing like Shaun described in interviews.

if the show Freakazoid was a person he would be old enough to post here

youtube.com/watch?v=3Mz5YPkThOU

That's a big list of lies.

for you

Is there anything they can actually do beyond making Steam and some other websites change the advertising for the game, the screenshots on the store page and such?
I hope so, because that'd be pretty useless at this point and I've been really disappointed overall at the minimal reaction to Sean's bare-faced fucking lying. Sure people kicked up a fuss, but they never actually did anything to make Sean/HG compensate for it really, besides dragging their reputation through the mud as best they could but that doesn't mean much, Cred Forums does it to tons of companies daily for much less, and many people were still defending them for some reason anyway.

Lawyer told him to shut the fuck up and hope this blows over

You.

Yes, you. The one screaming, "There's no multiplayer!" and "Sean Murray lied to us!" and other slurs I dare not mention. Tread lightly.

You are one. We are hundreds, thousands. Millions. You aren't just IN the minority; you ARE the minority.
I don't feel awkward or anxious playing No Man's Sky around others, and your words don't affect me. Many others, however, are coming out of their shells for the first time in their lives.

This is the first time many are enjoying the beautiful world that has been procedurally generated for us - and it IS beautiful. Incredibly so. DON'T ruin this for them. We No Man's Sky fans may have our differences, but we will not hesitate to come to the aid of our fellow explorers, especially against someone who so virulently slurs that which has brought us all together.
Don't take this the wrong way. I don't hate you. I don't fear you. I pity you.

I'm sorry that you feel this way towards us. I'm sorry that No Man's Sky is such a bane to your existence. And I'm sorry that you are missing out on such a wonderful experience. Mostly, though, I'm sorry that you feel the need to go around and publicly chastise and berate others.

I'm sorry that, to ensure your own validity, you need to make others feel invalid. I'm sorry that your self-worth is so infinitesimally miniscule that you have to make others feel less-than-human, at least in your own denatured mind, just to feel whole. I am truly sorry that day-in and day-out you have to put up with your worthless, meaningless, Shakespearean tragedy of a life.

I ask you politely to cease your unnecessary cries for attention, and instead invite you to join our ranks. Uninstall Call of Duty, start up No Man's Sky, and breathe in the splendour and the amazement of your first planet, and then, maybe, just maybe, you'll see what you've been so hopelessly searching for this whole time.

Thanks for buying my game you fuckers.
I'm a millionaire now.
Eat shit.

Sauce on that pasta please

reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/4xah0t/to_the_no_mans_sky_haters/

He looks like a homeless.

This. People are thinking how much will this hurt him. Maybe he won't do more games, but he still has enough money to fap until the end of time.

That's just the average nu male look.

no. u

the ASA has no power

at most they can make them take down screenshots

he is laughing all the way to the bank

He's got your money already, he'll be know to the media as a successful business man and an innovative game designer. You will see him next E3 praised as "the director of the highly acclaimed No Man's Sky".

Thank you Cred Forums for warning me about this game. So fucking glad I didn't fall for the marketing hype.

Makes sense.
The average nu-male doesn't have the marketable skills to hold down a job after their mommy-money dries.
Practicing the homeless look is a smart move, IMO.

>JUST expression
>watery eyes
>hobo/nu-male beard
>plaid shirt that fits neither his face nor his body type
>holding what is either a plastic or a dirty glass
wew

>most-refunded game in history
>Sony doubtlessly took a huge chunk for advertising costs
>Steam also taking their own cut that they're not obligated to reimburse
>any leftover profits still have to be distributed to the rest of the team, including the token tranny's medical bills

It's so adorable how you seriously think Sean actually made enough money to never have to work again. At best it's enough to flee the country for a year until he can change his identity, but there's no way the barefooted conman actually became a millionaire.

>if you don't like [game] you must play call of duty

every fucking time

What happens if the [game] in question is Call of Duty?

>everyone else shitting on OP
awkward to read man. getting second hand embarrassment.

>most-refunded game in history
Proof?

>Sony doubtlessly took a huge chunk for advertising costs

>Steam also taking their own cut that they're not obligated to reimburse

proof?

>inb4 it is obvious use your logic etc. etc

I believe him.

Aren't gamers bandwagon brats today anyway?

Gamers used to stick by their dev teams and publishers. Allowing for a sequel that can better reflect the target audience.

>"the director of the highly acclaimed No Man's Sky"
not a fucking chance

>Going after Valve but not Sony
What the fuck

In addition to the other shit

>Absolutely no skyboxes
Sun is literally a skybox.
>Absolutely no loading screens
Warping is a loading screen
>You can visit other systems without warping
You can't. Each system is its own instance of three or so planets that you cannot leave without using the map.
>Celestial bodies have gravity and rotate around their sun/planet
They don't.

Then you're probably talking to a 12 year old

>at least before fable 2
ftfy

you could even argue before Fable if you're old enough to remember the hype

>most fucking absurd

It was also something he parroted in the last few months leading up to release. Prior to that it was

>yeah, you can totally play with your friends
>Yeah, you can grief
>Yeah you can pvp

About time the game industry is being held to some fucking standards. Hopefully this opens the floodgates and they burn the whole fucking thing down.

The point is the media gets to say whatever the fuck they want.

Is there anyone with a more punchable fucking face?

The kid who played Joffrey in Game of Thrones, but it's close.

>Millionaire
>Will most likely lose all the money he made from 100% False advertising

KEK

yeah, let's see what the media has to say about the game right now...
oh doesn't look too hot, does it?

It's surreal watching fans trying to crucify this guy. There are so many other developers that neglect to tell the truth when pitching a game but none of them are held accountable.

can someone post the active playerbase bar graph? it was like a needle and it makes me chuckle to look at it

the missing multiplayer part started it all and it snowballed hard
but in the end it's still hard to name games that come even close to the number of promised features of no man's sky that never made it into the game, it's really one of its kind

Phil Fish you fags.

The 4X genre is full of them. Sword of the Stars II was the last big one I remember.

>The box has the big fucking dinosaur thing that you'd never see in game
kek

he deserves it

i mean, this was a few days before release for gods sake

Has anyone seen those walker sentinels? totally forgot about them and never came across one

They all should be. If NMS has to be the first then so be it but it's about fucking time someone is holding the game industry accountable for this shit.

What a twat.

kek, what a shit

>Sword of the Stars II
One of my friends is still salty about that one. I really don't know what he was expecting considering it was a Paradox game.

GO ON TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN

Do these huge creatures actually exist?

>yfw this opens up AAA devs to being held accountable for doing the same thing time and time again
this is the main reason i imagine this will amount to nothing

Paradox wasn't the problem. Half of the development team ragequit because the executive producer was a twat and had unrealistic demands.

The dinosaur in the E3 trailer is in the game's files, it was made specifically for the demo. There are also only 14 basic skeletons to base animal life off of, and there's no skeleton for worms or anything of the like.

I really, genuinely hope it does amount to something and the floodgates get opened. This industry needs to be cleaned out in the worst way.

>it's another thread where people act like the UK Advertising Standards Agency is the FBI or something

kek

>It finally do something
>Devs are sued left and right
>Everyone is happy they get put down for their bullshit
>Then the case gets dragged for years
>Reach conclusion eventually, players with proof that they bought the game get 10$
>Nothing change

Phil Fish
Pete Hines

Time to end it, Sean.