Name one reason to own an i7 processor

Name one reason to own an i7 processor

You cannot

They offer best effiency and performance.
Thake 6700k for example, it destroys everything in game benchmarks, even all the most expensive xx core i7s designed for media creation.
Situation will be the same with kaby lake.
/Thread

Hyper threading for webm converting to post vidya moments on Cred Forums.

7 is higher than 5

fuck off jake

Photoshop, 3D rendering and video editing.

I do a lot of multi media work

Who still perfectly fine on 2500K here?

Forza Horizon 3.

>Being poor

This

which i7?
the quads are the best gaming chips on the market
the high cores are the best creator chips on the market

Hyper threading a best.

>Thake 6700k for example, it destroys everything in game benchmarks
4790k would like a few words with you, nerd.

k

alright, which source would you prefer so we can skip a few replies.

4790k is trash for Windows 10.

I am
Altho Im starting to see the age biting me in the ass in some games

I will probably upgrade to a 6700 and get away for 5 more years
Im not sure if I should get a 6700k

Windows 10 is trash so it fits perfectly.

I had an i7 since 2008 and it died this year.

It gave me 8 years of use at maxed settings at everything I threw at it. Intel proved to me that buying their i7s was worth it so I bought an i7 6700K

>Windows 10.

I'm not poor

Because i have money and i wont have to upgrade when games use hyperthreading
I keed im an AMD fag

A-chan really hates faggots doesn't she?

8150 here bro
kill me

>plays games
>doesn't upgrade to Windows 10
?

>le windows 10 is trash meme
Fuck off holy shit
6700k + windongs 10 is literally better than any other combination when it comes to gaming

A8-5500 with stock cooler
WAKE ME UP

>posted from my iPhone

dolphin and pcsx2 emulating

8230 in my bbq box

got memed with "its a 8350 be cheaper xD"
fucking i3s out preform this shit

i can play all the games 165fp+ .

>using a shit os just so you can get an extra 2 fps plus access to trash games

i bet you're one of those idort fags

:^) hello Cred Forums

>win10
>32 ram

It's better than i5 and unlike your gaymen ass sometimes people work on pc

i'm afraid that sli doesn't mean you can take benches and multiply the number by 2 user.

I stream sometimes.

Well now we know at least we wont make a mistake this bad

>10 pro
>ddr3
cringe thread?

>has cash for two titans
>only 4 physical cores
You disgust me, plebeian.

I have stock cooler too, it was a challenge to even hard clock it at turbo frequency of 4.2AMDHz and it can't handle anything anymore, anything else than war thunder.
CAN'T WAKE UP

things NEETs dont do anyways.

nothing wrong with ddr3

>bought recently an x58 board with a 6core xeon
>only 2 dims
>can't find a 3rd one from the same manufacturer since they aren't produced for like a decade anymore
>will never experience triple channel
I can try to get a new full kit but I don't think it's worth the cash going balls to the wall on 2010 architecture, even if it's a hexacore

Yeah, the 4790k is the problem.

I was but mine just recently died. Overclocking it for like 4 years = rip

Give me one good reason to upgrade

just makes no sense with that extravagant build to not go ddr4

Steam in-home streaming

60fps

they forget some of us build pc's not for games

He has a 4790k

his board might not support it

i see no problem faggot.

not like i upgrade my machine every year, i do it every 4-5 years so why the fuck should i buy an inferior version when money isnt an issue

Yeah and it's probably 25% of the people in the market for an i7 at most. Everyone else is a fucking idiot.

>tfw i5-6500

Did I fuck up?

I can play most games on high though because I have a 980 Ti to go along with my shitty processor. I'm going to upgrade Mobo, ram, and CPU next.

i5 2500k and ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3 here and the only thing I feel like I really need to upgrade right now is my shitty old GPU.

If I were to upgrade CPU/mobo right now though, I'd probably go with the 6700k and ASUS Sabertooth Z170

unless you are running some crazy sli shit, no

My 2600k still kicks ass.

You wont be able to play Witcher 7: Return of the Jedi at 1440p 60fps

i5 760 here, i don't even have integrated video, yet i still play everything on ultra ya gigantic goyim faggots

Would I notice a difference if I went from 4770k + 980 Ti to 6700k + 1070?

The difference in your savings

>1070

You know that card will be obsolete by next year right?

Just like every single card in existence?

>tfw 4690K

you guys need to get with the times. i've seen the "i7 is overkill" thing all these years and it's clear more games have been showing it in the recommended specs. wouldn't be surprised if hyperthreading optimization becomes more common.

I got a i7 3770 and i am going to buy a 1070, this could make a bottle neck?

Ayaneru?

You don't need moar coars for gaming, brah.

Because I got three of them for free.

Ur move faget

Name 1 (one) reason to own an SSD besides MUH BOOT TIMES

Just like the 9 and 5 series right?

Point at this retard and laugh

My folder with 11500 pictures loads three times faster, so my shitposting efficiency had gone up by 200%

Everytime a new generation of cards comes out, you guys say "don't waste your money, just wait till next year's video cards come out."

and that's why I'm still gaming on a 660.

I have found that running certain programs and games from my SSD has helped performance

My 4gb 670 has never skipped a beat yet. I have a second one too, so when I can be arsed I will buy a mobo big enough to SLI them (current one doesn't have the physical space between the PCI ports) and probably outperform most modern cards. The 6 series is still doing great for me.

Because it benefits anything you load from the SSD, not just your OS.

For example, the time for going to a new continent in Planetside 2 went from over a minute to ~10 seconds after installing it on an SSD for me.

Any game where you have problems with long loading times, it would improve.

Even if you're using a x60 card, a jump to 1060 would be pretty damn noticeable. it's worth it for you. That user talked shit about the 1070 because the 1080Ti will be announced soon.

>6700k + windongs 10 is literally better than any other combination when it comes to gaming
What's supposed to make it so amazingly good? 6700k doesn't OC any better or have significantly higher IPC than previous Intel CPUs.

2600k here.
Had it almost 6 years now.

I'm thinking of buying the i5-6600 for 1080p 60 fps gaming (ideally 120 fps), should I consider an i7 processor?

I'm not interested in 4k.

If all you plan on using it for is video games, you probably dont need an i7

Games from 5 years ago won't even scratch the integrated graphics.

>poorfag excuses

Every thread where GPUs are discussed.

the only difference in vidya from i5 to i7 is better frame times

but its literally fractions of seconds

streaming

A 4690k @ 4ghz is doing me just fine since i'm gpu bottlenecked (r9 380 @ 1150mhz core) in my most demanding games anyway.

>4ghz
are you using stock cooling?

mine's near 4.6

Hyper 212 evo, got to a max of 75°c in prime95 testing and my mobo (gigabyte z97p-d3) a shit so i'm just being paranoid is all. Haven't even touched the voltage. How can i improve mobo cooling?

I have an i7 fuck YOU

I dunno it just werks

mine never goes above 77

Mobo never heats up, Speccy is retarded and simply copies the temps of a CPU.

some people have money
I personally do not

None of these people know what they're talking about at the most they've looked at 1 or 2 benchmarks and now they think they're the expert on the subject, welcome to Cred Forums

This, + also Deus Ex MD
He knows what's up

Numbers

In general, reduce cable clutter so you get more airflow. Re-position fans, and maybe get new ones if you really need.

Your mobo shouldn't be getting hot, though. Like, aside from VRMs and Southbridge, but usually the heatsinks on those are enough, unless you've somehow reduced the airflow that goes over them, such as by replacing your CPU's air cooler with a liquid cooling solution.

I'm betting that temp sensor is just a general reading of the inside of your case, and doesn't specify a specific problem area.

There are plenty of reasons to use an i7, such as photo and video editing. A better question would be: is there any use in overclocking?

The mobo isn't running hot according to speccy (26ish celsius) but people sometimes say that speccy is inaccurate when it comes to temps, and my mobo is literally one of the cheapest z97 boards i could find so what worries me is the amount of power phases and build quality and the absolute lack of any documentation of the former two online.

>Is there any use in overclocking.

If you can safely do it, why the fuck wouldn't you want to get more value for your money by increasing the performance of your components for literally no extra money?

because it reduces the life span of said components

be honest lads , how bad is a i3 2100 i played ds3 mostly fine at 30 fps on medium

im using a gtx 750 ti and 4gb ram

If you want to compile programs.

Only if you are a moron.

I bought an i7 2600k for half price about a year after it came out on a black friday sale, and I'm still using it.

What's a good upgrade from an i5 3570k? Our should I just over clock? Placing on getting a 1080 of it helps. THICC in hopes I get an answer

Because I'm rich

I had a 2500k and the performance on it steadily dropped. I had to keep downclocking it every few months because it kept freezing shit. Finally gave up on it.

i7-6700k now.

Did I make a mistake?

I don't know if you could post a more disgustingly shaped woman other than someone who is morbidly obese.

Get some taste.

>THICC

Wrong user, that's fat

I can but I won't, just want an answer

>What's supposed to make it so amazingly good?
faster RAM