Civ 6

So the Civ 6 embargo is down and there's people streaming pre-release gameplay on Twitch, most notably FilthyRobot and Marbozir. What do you think of the gameplay shown so far?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HXVc050Nank
youtube.com/watch?v=KkKDs02AyUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Wp0eIZ3tUwY),
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Religious victory makes more sense than diplomatic.

In Civ V, culture, science, and war all intersected quite well. If you were trying for a culture victory, it made sense to use war to take out the culturally high opponents. If you were high in science or culture, it made war easier. And science victory is the out for standstills in war.

Diplomatic was always just kinda there. Never liked it. Make tons of gold>buy city-states>win. Boring. It also doesn't intersect at all with tourism aside from like two world congress policies (one was religious based also). Spending money on CS's meant less money for units. And there was very little benefit to the world congress anyway unless you got world religion or ideology pushed through.

Religion ties into the other victories better than gold and diplomacy, and now diplomacy is just a means to uncover information to avoid wars or fight wars better. It's a smart change.

link it you whore

does that guy ever smile and look happy?

filthyrobot is a sociopathic autist who rages when people gang up on him in a free-for-all game

You could watch Marbozir (though his polish accent is a bit strong)

got any examples?

how are the nukes?

youtube.com/watch?v=HXVc050Nank

go watch any of his youtube playthroughs

Glorious. They added thermo nuclear bombs with 20+ tile radius and missile silo improvements

I have but only a few of them and I haven't seen him rage yet. Don't feel like combing through 20 hours of footage without seeing him sperg out.

Current YouTubers with pre-release Civ 6: Arumba, Quill18, Marbozir,

You forgot someone.

True, but I was thinking more along the lines of like, strategy game oriented players

why am i not allowed to play pre-release civ vi

Fair enough.
Was funny watching him lose settlers to barbarians and whining about it.

watching him play this game you can tell he's about two steps away from sperging out because his brain cant handle strategy games

this was on prince difficulty btw
he said he played a lot of civ but i doubt it was anything above chieftain

awesome

he says he's played 'alot' of nearly every popular game he reviews and he plays like 10 games a week and doesnt know shit about any of them

>baaaww, why wont people risk their jobs and reputations so i can play an unfinished game illegally one month earlier

hot damn vicky looks pretty good in motion, and her voice is nice too

fredrick's animation looks stilted as ever though

>It's been 3 years
:(

youtube.com/watch?v=KkKDs02AyUQ

she also SCREAMS at you and throws her fan at you when denouncing you

I saw in one game he got pissed off because people kept moving units into range of his cities after he had taken his turn so he couldn't attack them that turn. There is some civ jargon word for doing that which I forget now.

How shit is Filthy's computer?

I watched a lot of Marbozir. Really liking everything, especially how the districts work and how wonders are actually large projects that take time and thought to build. In previous titles you could just grab any/all wonders you could as you had infinite space and with enough production they didn't take much time.

Also the civics/government mechanic is excellent.

My only worry is the AI might be retarded, but the game is locked to prince right now so we'll have to see.

I'm getting deja vu

IVE JUST BEEN IN THIS PLACE BEFORE

>Guy moves scout near his borders
>Guy forgets about it
>Sperg rages about it
>1 whole turn later, spergs out and attacks it, creating a useless war through the rest of the game
>Sperg rages the entire game about such a pointless war, and how it's making him lose because someone else is simcity-ing into later eras.
>Sperg finally kills the guy, but the damage is already done and he's out too now because everyone else is teched leages ahead.

I still enjoy watching him though, I learned a lot about civ5 multiplayer tactics... that I have never used because no friends and civ5 multiplayer is broken beyond repair. Speaking of, is Civ6 multiplayer actually fixed? or anything even said about it? or is it just a forgotten add-on like all the other games before it.

>Merchant Republic

>Make tons of gold>buy city-states>win. Boring
Clearly you never played VENICE

You mean that civ that's so shit it's banned in multiplayer

Do you have a link to the replay? I want to see and confirm it myself.

>Civ6 multiplayer
Seeing as they haven't shown any footage, haven't discussed it at all and it's missing from all the prerelease builds, I'm going with forgotten add-on.

Mods might make it worth playing though, Civ V's multiplayer is pretty playable with NQMOD and the hellblazer map packs.

Mechanically, from what I've seen, it seems really good.

In terms of production values/polish and that kind of stuff, it seems like a mixed bag. From what I've seen, transitions from era to era for example look underwhelming (compare them to Civ V screens: youtube.com/watch?v=Wp0eIZ3tUwY), I don't really like the quotes and there's a bunch of small details like that. And of course, the visual style. I think the terrain looks nice, leaders range from poor to great (some of them appear better now that I've seen them in proper motion) and the UI is okay, but the icons (the advisor for example looks awful) and units are often quite off-putting. It's difficult to tell with streamers speaking over it or even having turned it off, but my first impressions of music also puts it below Civ IV/V.

>Can't develop anti missile technology

but they probably have bomb shelters again

Victory movies don't seem to be in, though (FiltyRobot just won cultural victory) so perhaps that kind of polish and little details are also missing. Hopefully there's stuff I'm missing, because that's the kind of stuff that I'd expect "AAA" strategy/tactics game to have. Of course, it's not something that really matters after you've seen them a hundred times, but they bring character to the game.

No link.

It's difficult to go back and look for specific instances, each game is 8+ hrs long and I dont feel like scrolling through all that. Just watch some of his stuff, every other game has some of this.

It isn't like an autist's sperg rage, he just looks physically frustrated and often complains about things.

>Victory movies don't seem to be in, though
Did you not see the "PLAY THE FULL GAME TO SEE THE ENDING [NO SPOILERS}" on the screen?

Build your own nukes and assure MAD scenario.

And if it's one nuke per silo it will likely be a severe limiting factor.

Can always build tons of destroyers if you fear nuke subs.

Uranium is pretty rare I believe, people will fight hard for it.

kill me lad

Yes, I saw it, what I meant is that that kind of details might be missing from this build in general.

Probably, though the IGN video said there's no defense against nukes.

Oh yeah, battleships protect every surrounding tile from nukes, so maybe there are other defensive things.

neat

Ign shit, some descriptions say provide cover for nuke or air attack, probably if delivered by bomber. Don't know the range of missile silos or subs.

Anyone showed Russia or Gorgo?

twitch /xx2shy

i'm not certain if you're capable of reading, but this is a civ thread, not a "shill your shitty channel like a subhuman" thread

They are not in the press copy.

Not even all the civs they've already shown are in.