Halo: Reach was the last good game and you guys can fuck off if you disagree

ODST is also overrated

Reach

5 has a shite campaign and it's rng multiplayer meta game sucks balls

Reach was the last good one, although 1-3 were better than it

Halo 5, the MP and forge are fantastic

The SP is trash though

>nd it's rng multiplayer meta game sucks balls
You mean the stuff that only matters in a single shits and giggle's game mode?

You might as well call any halo game with an action sack playlist shit then

Halo is still good though

this.

first post
best post

youtube.com/watch?v=a70h0cX8AMM

>Halo 5
>MP is anything but casual trash
GET OUT

Halo is extremely overrated imo, reach did a lot of things better then it and its the last good halo game

ODST*

not on my watch
Reach is the worst Halogame ever made
even worse then Halo 4
never played 5

>bloom
>worse firefight
>armor abilities
>maps half-designed for abilites, half-not
>washed out grimey palette

Nah, Reach is, and always was shit

OK NOW YOU'RE BEING RIDICULOUS
reach was one the best halo games ever made I can understand not agreeing with my opinion, but calling it the worst halo game? Now you're just being retarded

Most of those things are subjective, its just your opinion you don't actually have a good argument

>Even starts, no loadouts whatsoever
>All precision guns are 100% accurate with no spread
>Even autos are accurate
>More skilljumps then any prior halo game, and they are more complicated too
>Focus on 4v4 modes
>the most vertical map design since halo 2

>Casual

I'm 99% willing to bet you are ignorant as fuck and think all the MP in 5 is like warzone

I agree that reach's maps are shit, but bloom in reach is less terrible then the spread in 3

At least with bloom you can control it by pacing your shots, in 3 there's always this garbage spread on the BR and carbine.

In any case, I like reach just because of the sheer amount of content it has, and how modular it is. 99% of the issues reach has can just be fixed by tweaking settings and using forge.

Wombat Unsolved

oh where do i start?
First off, I don't feel that competitive feel of the game anymore. The new 18m radar feels more like 2m radar anyways. I have people walk right in front of me and not show up on my radar until I shoot at them. This is terrible for knowing when people are behind me, especially in firefights where the noise is loud anyways and I can't hear footsteps behind me. I can never seem to find any weapon other than automatic rifles (which are now extremely overpowered unless its the UNSC AR.). All the added stuff such as ground pound (which isn't a problem because people hardly use it), spartan charge, and clamber just take away from the previously required skill. Spartan charge, I remember I used to chase after enemies in the previous halos to back smack them, but you could never quite catch them so it allowed people to actually escape and have a chance. Now, you can just charge them when chasing after them and kill them from incredible distance, that's not competitive. Clamber, all the crouch jumps we used to have to make that took skill now are just taken over by clamber. Clamber caters to the noobs and those noobs are the same people saying clamber is wonderful and a necessary element that should've been added in the first halo. I get it's more realistic but it's taking away from the skill required in previous games. The no shield recharge while running is ridiculous. It just allows people to clean up kills easily rather than giving the person who's getting shot at a chance to get away and recharge shields. It takes a long time to recharge and you don't recharge when running so people could easily clean you up anyways. Spawns, spawns in this game are terrible. That's all there's really to say about it. When the terrible spawns are mixed with the lack of cover on any of the maps it just creates hell for players. Grenades being the meta for all small maps really sucks as well.

ODST even though 3 was better

Reach's campaign is nearly unplayable dogshit where a Grunt on Legendary can take 3 plasma grenades being stuck to it and the multiplayer has those stupid armor powers.

4's campaign is more playable than Reach's but the multiplayer is worse than ever, can't even be an elite.

5 is so fucking bad it may have killed the franchise.

>t-those dont count

Reach had good music, good customization, and good menu UI, the rest was worse than the OT or ODST in every way.

Bloom is bad because its retarded to think a Spartan, even a Spartan III would be affected by kickback, and it turns gunfights into a rhythm minigame.

Firefight in ODST is far more clutch and challenging, in Reach it has more options, but they arent as challenging. It feels like you're scouring the map to kill off random mobs instead of holding out in your last position, back to back with your pals

You would be hard pressed to find anyone who doesnt admit armor abilities ruined Halo. Sure, you can turn them off, but they ruined a lot of the balance and took Halo's identity away. It started to play catchup instead of blazing its own trail

And that brings us to the maps. With armor abilties means maps need to be balanced and designed around these new tools, and because of that, you have some of the shittiest maps in the series, barring Countdown. And if you turn off the abilities, that doesnt magically rebalance the maps to function better if they were made with the AA in mind.

Halo had always been vibrant and full of color. The brown and bloom or grey and bloom meme never applied to the series UNTIL Reach.

SPV3

that my oppinion on the game
if you have another, I donĀ“t care, but respect it
ODST still is best IMO

user, just reading the first sentance of your post i'm inclined to belive you actually have some valid points, but...

Dude, use paragraphs/ If you reformat your post I'll read it and respond but as is I can't even get past the first few lines without losing where I left off

>5 is so fucking bad it may have killed the franchise.
The single player, sure, but the MP and forge are amazing

Reach is still plenty colorful though. The pallete is less vibrant and more pastel, yeah, but it still has tons of greens, blues, and purples.

>MP
nigga you can't even be Elites and there wasn't even a fucking gravity hammer on launch

Halo 5 is absolute dogshit. More people are playing the games on the Master Chief Collection for multiplayer.

>nigga you can't even be Elites
Yeah, so?

>and there wasn't even a fucking gravity hammer on launch
I agree Halo 5's lack of content at launch was pitiful but it's not launch anymore.

Objectively good? 3

Agreed, reach is great and last good Halo game Campaign wise.

Reach's campaign is fucking horrible.

Reach, last and greatest

end your life, nu-gaymer

Not him, but I think it's the second or third best.

It's worse then 2's and maybe ODST's, but it's better then 3's, and much better then CE's, 4's, and 5's/

>CE
>bad

>horrible level design
>retarded characters
>shit vehicle segments
>Elites that can take a full bombardment of all your stickies and all your frags and STILL have their shields
>Plasma Pistol basically completely required on Legendary

Reach levels were fine, not top tier like 3, but a good chunk of em were better than 1. You are correct about the mandatory plasma pistol bullshit, though. Fuck that.

Halo 5

CE's campaign isn't bad but it's definitely the most flawed halo campaign.

>The entire second half is the first in reverse
>copy pasted hallways out the ass
>wide open empty outdoor areas with fucking nothing in them
>barely any weapon or enemy variety
>Extremely tedious level design
>barely any story to help push you through the tedium

The plasma pistol is more or less mandatory for every campaign on legendary though? The only one's it's not is CE and 3 and even then it helps a fucking ton if you always have one

Reach. Anything including/before Reach is pure gold for their own reasons.

For Campaign: ODST
For Multiplayer: Halo 5

Halo 2 is definitely not mandatory plasma pistol. Generally unless you're fighting Flood there's like a billion vehicles everywhere to kill Elites with. And if there are no vehicles you're usually fighting just Grunts or Jackals which are easy.

probably why I like the campaigns of all 3 of the first games over Reach.

I played Reach for about 12 minutes before taking it back.
>sticky Elite
>shield is still up
>shoot at it while throwing another sticky
>shield is still up
>toss both frags
>shield is still up
>run in and melee it twice
>shield never breaks and I get one-shotted

Anybody who would ever defend this campaign is a retard.

>second half
you mean last three levels, one of which is actually in reverse, the other two use the same level but spice it up just enough with new areas
>copy pasted halways
sure, but that didnt stop Assault on the Control Room from being the best level in the franchise
>wide open empty outdoor areas with nothing in them
This was nice though, it was fun exploring the rings
>barely any weapon or enemy variety
2 onwards put too many weapons, in CE every weapon has a purpose and a ultility as do enemies, but a lot of weapons in the other games can feel entirely outcalssed by another and drones and brutes felt lacking.
>extremely tedious level design
only library on AotCR/TB
>barely any story
The game and insert pamphlet give you enough info to press on, and it not being fully explained keeps the mystery.

>sure, but that didnt stop Assault on the Control Room from being the best level in the franchise
But that's wrong

Halo: Combat Evolved to be completely honest family. I don't like multiplayer for anything and none of the campaigns were worth shit

>/hg/ chart of less than 100 people

lol ok kid you sure convinced me with those hot opinions

The only good thing to come out of Halo 5 multiplayer is clambering, and even that is a maybe. The ADS, the ASSFAGGOT style spartan abilities, and everything else can fuck off

Best Halos coming through, outta the way

Good, i'm glad we're on the same page now.

I also enjoy Enemy Front and this game had shit tier reviews

Halo 3

>ADS

You mean the same zoom the series has always had, except just on more guns which helps the weapon balance?

reach for its campaign
5 for its online

Halo Reach

Kids who dropped Halo for MW2 will say otherwise.

If only reach werent locked 30fps.

>Trusting metacritic
Hello fag.

I tried to like Halo: Reach's campaign but I just couldn't, it's too shitty.

This. Metacritic only applies when it helps your argument.

None of them were particularly any good. Maybe if you were a console faggot who didn't play PC games during the 90's and Halo was your first game.

>but I don't feel it

No one cares what you feel

So how come 343 doesn't do RvB cameos like Bungie did with 3?

>Reach is the worst Halogame ever made
I couldn't agree more.

>that didnt stop Assault on the Control Room from being the best level in the franchise

what the fuck am I reading

H3 for MP and ODST for SP.

Reach is where Halo started to copy Call of Duty.

>lol only underage like halo
>back in my day we played quake 3 and UT2
>Halo and Quake III and UT2k4 and Castle Wolfenstein and Battlefield all existed in the same timeframe

EVERY
FUCKING
TIME

No, I mean the same zoom the series always had except with half the screen taken up by the gun and glaring neon lights in order to appeal to COD kiddies.

I bet this "It isnt ADS" meme was fed straight to you aplogists by 343, the same studio that brought you "We came up with sprint and pointstreaks ourselves. We don't look at COD."

Agreed

Because RvB still uses Halo 4 for their machinima, and its mostly CGI, because Halo 5 has no co-op or system link

Reach

Reach was the last good "franchise Halo" and it was also the last true Halo game.

In order:
CE
Reach
ODST

And don't take this order like a faggot and believe that ODST was bad because it was fucking premium.

halo 4 was fucking asscancer that ruined the story they had going for them, introduced new glowing enemies with FUCKING SKULLS BENEATH THEIR MASKS because they literally couldn't think of anything better.

halo 5 was just a mediocre pile of trash that went straight COD MW3, it even has SJW propaganda in it.

You'd think Microsoft would help them out with that considering their partnership.

they did, but it was just in that horrible spartan ops mode nobody ever played

they do, but its mostly consists of the RT network, like free game codes for The Know and Funhaus, etc instead of just Halo cameos. This isnt 2007 anymore, RT is known for more than funny voices.

wut? I beat reach on legendary using basically only the DMR. Git gud nufag

>waaah i suck at video game cant kill enemy

I remember my first FPS

This, everything about Reach was shit.

Except in terms of gameplay, you know, the shit that actually matters, it's identical to zoom, and it's completely unlike ADS in CoD

As far as the "the gun takes up too much of the screen/it's too visually busy" arguement, I actually think it's less obtrusive then the old style of zoom on most guns.

The only guns where I agree the visual desnity is an issue is on the magnum.

>>horrible level design
CE says hi
>>retarded characters
4 and 5 say hi
>>shit vehicle segments
2 says hi
>>Elites that can take a full bombardment of all your stickies and all your frags and STILL have their shields
2 says hi
>>Plasma Pistol basically completely required on Legendary
literally every halo game besides 3 say hi

>bloom
Didn't really mind it
>Worse firefight
I haven't played much of it, but I can agree
>Armor Abilities
Some were pretty good, some were comeplte garbage/broken
>Maps half-designed for abilities, half-not
Most maps I played didn't really rely on them. The only map I found that neded an armor ability was that Sword base map where you needed jetpack to fly everywhere
>Washed out grimey palette
It was supposed to reflect the darker and more mature themes of losing an entire planet to insurmountable odds, and the horrors and tragedies that lead up to it. Compared to the other Halo's "bright and over-saturated cartoon" palette that reflects that you're an invincible super-warrior that gets saved by Deus Ex Machina, while every enemy you face cowers in fear at the mere sight of you. MC didn't really have such a huge burden to carry on his shoulders, as he didn't have to defend an entire planet with half of the covenant navy shitting raw chaos with little to no back-up from the rest of the UNSC, ending up dying in vain as Reach gets glassed to hell and back eventually

And those games were superior to Halo. Underaged people did play Halo because they couldn't afford a PC. They only played kid games like Gaylo.

>It's a Reachfags get buttblasted that Reach was a bad game and classic fags wont let Reach be considered part of the golden age of Halo
kek, every time. At least 343 fags can admit their Halo is different from the classics, Reachfags will always be in denial.

>you couldnt play both
>not being an idort the only gen where being one mattered

LOL

halo 1
the only good one

You forgot
>horrible story
>breaks canon in the games and EU to exist

>It's a "user insists reach broke canon even though all of the inconsistences have been explained" episode

Reachfags have always been cancer, 343 should have removed default Reach from Reach's playlist back then. If they would have done that, there wouldn't be any Reachfags because 343 would've got rid of them early on. That's one of the things I'm still mad at 343 for. Reachfags were never Halo fans.

Reach and anybody who says otherwise is a fag. It had its problems, but it was still good.

Halo 5 MP is pretty fun

>It's the Reachfag that tries to prove that Reach is canon by throwing Halo 4 & 5 into the mix eventhough they really don't and has issues trying to prove Reach is canon with that stupid Journal.

>grouping together two totally different levels together in the case of Outskirts/Metropolis and Delta Halo/Regret

George_Costanza_with_a_disparaging_expression.jpg

I played all the main halo games except 2. Finally played mcc and chose Halo 2.
Those cut scenes blew my mind on how good they were graphicly. I thought it was a good story.
Now I understand how the arbiter and MC are allies.

This is my own opinion so I know there will be people who will disagree with me.

>reach the center of this infinite procedurally generated universe!
>infinite
>center

i posted in the wrong thread

Halo 2 has objectively the best plot in the series.

In halo 3 the first shot was always in the middle. You could snipe with the assault rifle if you kept tapping the trigger.

CE

Even the first shot had some deviation. Good luck doing anything with a single BR bullet.

That's a good opinion user, no disagreements here.

You dingus, any game that is the 'last of the series' or has someone quitting a character (Arkham City when Mark Hamill stopped voicing the Joker) is going to have great reviews

Reach was the jack of all trades, master of none, but it was still a solid package unless you're a lorefag, but Halo's lore never made sense since 3 started throwing in too much Forerunner shit

>but muh armor abilities
Fuck off, they made custom games so much fun

I can't believe Data Hive isn't on there, the atmosphere was fantastic. Especially when that police officer with the shotgun turns on you

But Arkham Knight and Arkham Origins came after City, and both were reviewed worse than Asylum and City

I'm certain that the only people that hate reach are lorefags and campaign-only fags.

True shit right here.

Then I guess everybody hated Reach since it was hated for its campaign, firefight, and multiplayer.

I actually liked Reach but I can't think of any good custom games that heavily used armor abilities.
I can think of a few that used the jet pack I guess and that's about it.

I'm a lorefag and I think reach is fine. It's true it has a bunch of incossitencies it didn't need to have with the books, but all of them have been aqudately explained since then IMO

>but Halo's lore never made sense since 3 started throwing in too much Forerunner shit

That's not true, the EU/lore is still great. 343 has made shit stories with 4 and 5 but book-wise they never made a drop in qualiy.

this

There are still people to this day who say that halo 2's story sucks because it dared to flesh out the covenant and actually do stuff narratively instead of it being braindead and that it was shit that they couldn't play as cheif the whole time

>Bloom
Opinion
>Worse firefight
Compared to what? ODST? Having the ability to chose guns at start AND play as the opposing team as a elite is much more fun
>Armor abilities
Good way to change gameplay without introducing permanent features, Classic slayer and other gamemodes had no abilities if you didn't like that
>maps
You couldn't name one? Also map balance retard
>Grimy palette
If you wanted bright colors go play halo 1 by yourself you faggot

Reach had good multiplayer, but last good single-player was ODST. One hell of a campaign though.

What his name, again? Dan "Get in the Van" Schneider?

>Reach
>Good multiplayer

Did you even listen to that song?

Halo 1 is the only one worth playing, the rest of the games are team shooting garbage

Regardless of armor abilities being on or not, the movement was slowed down, players were heavier, and there were no powerups on maps. Bungie broke the core of Halo so they could fit in their new gimmick abilities.

This

I preferred reach's physics's over 3's.

The movement speed is iffier, but in pratice reach's maps had less deadspace and horizontal distance to them then 3's, so even if movement was slower, you got around maps faster.

Movement wasn't slowed down, acceleration was
Jumping 1 foot lower isn't breaking the "Core of halo" and neither was removing powerups from multiplayer maps
Abilities were'nt gimicky and served to balance the game
For example: No more ghosts constantly ramming you with no punishment, boosting into a armor locked player could kill them, making them use their guns or get fukt

Didn't feel fast to me, Reach felt like was trapped in tar with anvils strapped on my legs it made fighting Covenant in the campaign a fucking pain and I moved so slow.