Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccck

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccck
So if I kill the tree Anna and Baron are saved and Tamara gives the Baron a little appreciation but the orphans get fed to the witches and the village people continue their tradition of sending hungry orphans to the witches
But if I free the tree Anna gets turned into a waterhog and eventually dies after you turn her back human and the Baron commits suicide. Barons Men then take to the villages and start harassing everyone but the orphans live and the village that sends orphans to the witches gets destroyed so no more orphans for the witches right?
What should I do and what did you do

don't approach situations knowing the result

the result it something you deal with later

who cares about the orphan children. they serve no purpose. easy decision.

I killed the tree because Three kids aren't worth a village. Besides, (spoilers for the near end game follow) you kill the witches anyway, so it's not like the child sacrifice tradition will continue.

if you already know the results of both choices it doesn't matter. you shouldn't read ahead on things like this, the point is to react as geralt (or you) would with the information you have, and then see what the result is.

I'm fucking retarded. You're right. I should stop that

I already have 3 playthrough but I don't learn from my mistakes and the Baron dies, EVERYTIME.
Geralt should just kill the witch from the get go.

See this
>sending kids off to a nightmare

so subhumans like you, normalfag

WHAT DID YOU JUST DO, DELETE THIS

Why not just kill the witches? Easy choice desu

>mfw watching the baron hang as im on my way to get his unique gwent card

Even if you kill the tree, the Baron rides off to a distant land with his wife and his men still act like assholes in his town, there's no preventing that part of it

They are your only lead to ciri

the crones are so fucking cool

Source?

cabin in the woods

Taking of Deborah Logan, it's so-so, honestly. The cave scene where that gif is from is pretty damn great though

forgot my pic

>Want me to suck every last drop out of you?

Fuck you, and fuck people like you.
>OP asks a genuine question
>don't even answer him
>just tells him to stop looking ahead
At this fucking point, he doesn't care. And fuck playing your specific way. Some people play the game differently. Instead of trying to get him to conform to your standards, just fucking answer him.

This, some people completely miss the point of the roleplaying part of the game

With that said my Baron got the rope
Even released the evil thing

The specific way we are talking about is the gay one

why so mad? OP's question has no real answer, because it literally doesn't make a difference at this point. you make the choice ingame to see the cutscenes and relevant parts that are affected, if you already know what is going to happen it's arbitrary which choice you make.

instead of answering his question this user chose to do OP better by giving him advice for how to best approach the rest of the game to make it a more rewarding and fulfilling experience.

OP can do what he wants with that advice, but it's not like this user did him a disservice.

i'm not trying to argue with you, i'm just trying to show you why your reaction was uncalled for, and i am trying to help you fully understand the situation.

At least you realized your mistake. I did something in TW3 that I thought was the right choice, but hated the consequence that came hours later. You just have to roll with it. That's the fun of roleplaying.

There's the third option. Free lady of the wood from her prison, everyone are happy... almost

Thank you. My baron actually hung as well, I didn't do enough research and released the tree thing very early on a hunch. That game did a great job of punishing me every time I slipped up.

really? So-so? With that performance and when all we have in the horror genre to compare it to is fucking Blair Witch remakes? I disagree, I think it was very good.

k

There's the third option. Release lady of the wood from her prison, thanks to that everyone are happy... almost

Yeah, nothing to comfort you at all, you just did what he asked and it killed almost everyone. Going back there again and again for the blacksmith thing was depressive as hell

> Instead of trying to get him to conform to your standards, just fucking answer him.
>just tells him to stop looking ahead

the point they're trying to get across, especially what the game is trying to say, is that there's no "right" choice, you can only do the best with what you know at the time. the concept of a lesser evil is ridiculous, good intentions lead to hell, moral grayness, blah blah blah.

>people unironically helped a fucking trapped Spirit

Just hang up your Witcher medallion

>free the tree
>kids "disappear" forever
>anna the devil worshiper gets turned into a water hag
>baron bro hangs himself
>sergeant takes over, baron's men rape and pillage countryside

>kill the tree
>kids are eaten instead of just "disappearing" forever
>have to deal with hags later
>sergeant takes over, baron's men rape and pillage countryside

Shitty choices, shitty outcomes, just a bunch of nihilistic fetch questing.

I think fetch quests were probably the rarest

>what should I do
>what did you do
>no real answer
I hate people like you. Just answer the question and quit trying to preach.

There's a third option.
Help the tree before taking the quest from the crones. The village will still perish but you will save the kids AND the Baron's wife.

There's no good answer if you care about the consequences, but since you're not supposed to know about them beforehand, the right thing to do would be to avoid setting a mad demon horse free.

>not saving the baron, children, and wife

Let that peice of shit Village die, they fed kids to witches. THAT'S EVIL.