Nintendo: A general consensus

Okay, I want to get a round up about how everybody feels about Nintendo nowadays.

Be honest and speak truly.
Especially want to hear thoughts from Nintendo fans.

All they need to do to make the NX a success is

>make it hybrid
>make it region free
>make it non-gimmicky controls
>make it the only platform moving forward (only need to feed one platform with games instead of two at once)

easy

I mostly play on my PS4 and Vita

Grabbed DQ7 but dropped it, it was kinda boring.

I am getting ready for World Of Final Fantasy, XV, Gears of War 4, Titanfall 2, Last Guardian and Gravity Rush.

Nintendo can go to hell for all i care.

>that massive shit taste

Yeah, i am glad i don't care too much for Nintendo, otherwise i would be playing """Masterpieces" like Color Splash or Federation Force.

They're dumb because their fucking games would have sold well regardless if they catered to the massive casual audience
a decent game like Melee or F-Zero doesn't discourage the less-dedicated player, they're still fun for them. It's just MORE fun for somebody who gets into it and appreciates it, they'll be your loyal customer

I get that easy games are easier to make, but Nintendo Hard used to be a thing and that was good. Nobody makes hard games anymore

>how everybody feels about Nintendo nowadays
They are a company that makes good games, I look forward to playing more of their good games.

The recent Donkey Kong Country games are pretty hard, pham

Thanks to Retro Studios

Nintendo doesn't develop hard games anymore for their baby fanbase.

>F-Zero doesn't discourage the less-dedicated player
What?

>Nintendo Hard used to be a thing
No, no it didn't.

>Nobody makes hard games anymore
Incorrect, you are not a CHILD anymore.

Every once in a while, lately once or twice a year, they make a fantastic game that I play the shit out of, and then for the rest of the year, I just find myself being upset that they're wasting resources on what is essentially shovelware.

Just replayed DKC1 on the original SNES. Guess what. It's easier now.
You grew up. They didn't make the games more difficult.

You have this thread every single minute of every fucking day

I haven't cared about Nintendo since the Wii and I never will again
The NX is going to be an underpowered, gimmick-focused pos with no 3rd party support and more poorly made, poorly reviewed children's games because Nintendo don't care about quality anymore.

Zelda BotW looks like Skyrim with shittier graphics.

You are the only person who doesn't remember how unfair old games were, 'nintendo hard' is an accepted term

SNES was the beginning of the end you minority, try an NES game, back when they knew people wanted their moneys worth

Replaying DKC2 right now. Half way through and already have 100 lives.
Yes. Unfair. Unforgiving.

>unfair old games were
Right and they were rarely made by Nintendo, you're thinking of various Capcom, Konami and other games, 8-bit/16-bit Nintendo games are not any more harder than their peers from SEGA or Hudson Soft.

Weird, played the original Adventure Island, was easy too. Maybe you're actually retarded?

>Okay, I want to get a round up about how everybody feels about Nintendo nowadays

I'll tell you exactly what I think about it... *crickets*

That's right. I could not care less. I literally could not care less. I do not give a FUCK about nintendo. I do not give a fuck about any of the stupid shit you retards spam on here. I simply do not care. The only time I've heard about this is hear. I've not heard a single person I know ever talk about, not once.

It's hard to say.
On one hand, I really like their IPs, and a lot of their games top my favorites list of all time; Fire Emblem and Xenoblade get me hype, and XC, DK64, and F-Zero GX are in my personal Top 5. Overall, I just find myself going back to some of their games when I'm bored because they're all just so timeless and pure.
On the other hand, they're a shitty fucking scumbag company that uses shitty hardware that is unjustifiable to use in this day and age, makes completely awful games and treats it like it's the fans fault when nobody buys them, censor & neuter the shit out of everything they localize, and refuse to market their niche & less-known games just to quietly brush them under the rug forever. It's all these head-scratching decisions that really make me despise the company and wonder why I even bother with them in the first place.
NX better be the next best thing since sliced bread, cause they're driving me completely crazy.

EA tier company

They make fine software, but shitty hardware. That can be fixed, however, as the concept of consoles is on its way out. Sony and Microsoft are already experimenting with their platforms as a service, rather than being restricted to a hardware platform. Nintendo will benefit the most from that kind of arrangement, and will see a much wider audience on universal media devices.

>NeoGA/v/ shitposters have arrived
Damn, there goes the thread.

Generally well made games with questionable choices.

>WOAH Stop hurting my feelings ; _ ;

Casual shit, yearly installments, and HD remasters: The Developer

Somehow managed to get me from loyal fan to so pissed at them I'm making it a point to pirate everything in a span of less than six months.

That's impressive. I'd been a fan for 20 years. But it was torpedoing all the fangames that finally did it as I am big on the idea of fandom freedom.

>yearly installments, and HD remasters
That doesn't really sound like Nintendo.

Their shit and should stop making consoles just go 3rd party

Overall: They're fine. A lot of games they make just aren't interesting to me anymore. Part of it is longtime expectations that I have ended up dropping (Zelda being about exploring and maze dungeons, when that was really only a few Zelda titles) while others have been single hits which Nintendo either doesn't want to revisit, or doesn't understand why they were good (SMB3, Yoshi's Island, forgetting about Wario Land).

Mario vs Donkey Kong is about the only Nintendo franchise I even care about anymore.

The main reason I have picked up the systems now is because of the other games available on them. DS and 3DS have a great handheld library. I gave Wii U a chance - mainly because Wii had a big hidden library and because it looked to hark back to the good Gamecube titles - but overall I'm mostly disappointed. Honestly, the only reason I would pick up a NX is if the good 3DS titles get enough sequels on the system to switch.

Nintendo's emphasis on digital feels really half-assed, especially since if I wanted to play digital downloaded games, Steam is just a few clicks away.

I appreciate Nintendo wanting to do something new with their franchises but holy balls. There are people who enjoy a series because the games are, well, part of the series. Not something completely different with just the same branding. Chibi Robo Zip Line, Metroid Federation Force, Star Fox Zero, the new Pikmin platformer... at least Kirby got a standard Kirby game alongside the strange Rainbow Curse one. How is Nintendo honestly surprised when people were waiting for a good Metroid game, and ended up with something advertised as an online soccer-mech game with a shitty FPS attached?

>make it hybrid
>make it non-gimmicky control

That's an Oxymoron you are aware of that right?

If you want to shitpost fuck off somewhere else, i'm saying this as a PS4/3DS owner.

I am not shitposting dude, i really feel like this, i don't give a shit about Nintendo anymore.

Maybe if they release a decent F-Zero, i might start caring again.

I had to sold my Wii U because the thing was getting tons of dust.

They need to make a console dedicated to MUH SPECS to appease console peasants and release games that aren't mario/zelda/pokemon every year.

I love the characters and the franchises they've created. I want them to bring back F-Zero, make a Metroid game that's actually faithful to it's roots, bring back Bomberman, have online stock matches in Smash bros and keep making Donkey Kong Country Returns games.

That is all.

They need to stop relying on gimmicks so much.

They need to pay more attention to their neglected series like Metroid, Wario Land, F-Zero

They need to STOP with the homogenization of Mario, for fuck's sake.

Stop dumbing down their games for casuals.

That's about it. Basically it boils down to "Just go back to how you used to be".

Their consoles don't excite me anymore. Their main games are rehashes of previous games.

I don't know. I've already played Zelda X, Mario Kart X and Smash Bros X. I can't get super hyped about their stuff anymore.

was a Nintendo fanboy until the Wii came out, then everything they made felt disappointing. I bought a Wiiu for super mario 3d world but all the other games I bought for it (pikman 3, wonderful 101, DK tropical freeze) I've probably played for a combined total of 2 hours. I dont hate the company at all - in fact I think they're doing better than they used to - but I just dont really care anymore.

>Owning Tropical Freeze and only playing it for an hour or less

You have dogshit taste.

>anymore
Inb4 zelda2 is hard

I would die for them.

>general consensus
> want to get a round up
who the fuck are you? go choke on a hundred horse cocks you sack of shit

I feel that they are doing pretty good

With the release of the NX, it sounds like a lot of more 3rd party games are going into it which I'm really looking forward to and I have enjoyed countless games of their in modern days like some of the kirby games as well as the Mario and Luigi RPG series

I just want the NX to have decent online and third party support. And a good name.