I got GTA V working with a racing wheel!

I did it. I fucking did it. I got a racing wheel controller working perfectly with GTA V.
>1:1 linear steering curve
>xinput controller emulated for native support
>muh full analog controls
>drive with the wheel one hand
>light up dirty niggers with the other using a mouse

And here's the real kicker:
>No modding of game files required
>can use in GTA Online without risk of getting b&
>can use with pretty much any game that supports xinput controllers natively
>should work with any racing wheel (I'm using pic related: Thrustmaster TMX)

Who wants a [simple] tutorial?

Other urls found in this thread:

andersmalmgren.github.io/FreePIE/
github.com/dschu012/XOutputPlugin
pastebin.com/PJqJwQH9
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

jesus fucking christ, you bought mid-end thrustmaster for a fucking gta

on behalf of all sim racers who still use dfgt, i'm mad

PC was a mistake

you dont speak for me faggot

also op where is this """""""""""""""""""""""""simple""""""""""""""""""" tutorial at

Yeah but does it work on foot?

I dun gittit?

hey cool it's just like that joke that everyone's already seen

I'd be happy to make a non-autistic guide for you all

why the hell would you use it on foot? I mean you can but for what purpose? Just use the keyboard for that.

>why the hell would you use it on foot?
why not? I don't want to juggle around a keyboard and a steering wheel and a mouse at the same time

>hey guys you can play the game using a mouse steering wheel and keyboard at the same time

It's really not that difficult

You alternate left hand between keyboard or wheel. I mapped all the buttons so no problem there.

that doesn't mean it isn't tedious and annoying

Not OP but he used x360ce to get the game to see the wheel as a 360 controller.

Your welcome.

>not knowing op is dumb af

literally all you have to do is add scriphook and use manual transmission mod. takes fucking 5 seconds to copy paste both those mods over to main gtav folder.

Actually no. That requires modding game files and will get you b& in GTA Online. My solution doesn't involve any mods and is thus compatible with GTA Online.

that's a single player mod only

How the fuck do you figure that? It's using the xinput dll that's already there. I've used it in dozens of games with no problems.The game doesn't even know that's not a 360 controller.

why tf do you play gtaonline on pc? Literally everyone is a noob if they use keyboard and mouse. Rarely a full lobby and there is always at least 1 modder in the lobby teleporting around and fucking you. I use ps4 for online and pc for single player.

GTA scans your files and compares them to what the files should look like. If anything is different, it's detected as a hack. Why the fuck do you think loading screens take so long? That's what it's doing.

wheres the guide?

no...? takes so long to load because youre trying to connect p2p.

OP here: you guys want the guide in parts or in one long post?

You are a simpleton.

We want a webm of you playing

Why draw it out? If you actually have a working process, share it, you decide format, But this dangling shit is very suspicious. You are treating it like nudes of your hot sister. Either you want to help out others or you don't. Pretty simple.

fuck that requires video editing and means autistic children will be spamming dumb questions in the comments

pastebin if you care but no ones gives a fuck you retard

do it in parts, I'm pretty good at this so I'll be the judge if this works or not.

I didn't suggest a webm..wrong guy.

See him

that looks much worse than just using a controller

I've got the code in pastebin. will provide link in post.

It's actually much better. You can play one-handed and use the mouse for aiming with the other instead of an autistic joystick.

but what's the GOAT handling mod? Most seem to modify every vehicle's top speed - fucking everything up and making the map feel small. Feels like driving a fucking spaceship

If only mods were allowed on GTA Online...sigh. The handling is passable enough without modding but definitely not sim-tier, and modding is considered haram by Rockstar.

shit you need
>some sort of wheel controller
>a spare gamepad controller (for axis calibration in Windows, not needed afterwards)
>FreePIE: andersmalmgren.github.io/FreePIE/
>XOutput plugin for FreePIE: github.com/dschu012/XOutputPlugin
>the vidya
>a gaymen PC
>the script: pastebin.com/PJqJwQH9

what you gotta do
>go into the racing wheel's control panel
>set the rotation range to 180 degrees
>observe the button number each button corresponds to (ex: buttons 1-14 would be 0-13)
>set the FFB gain and return to center to a value of choice (I chose 50% and 100%, respectively)
>install XOutput plugin for FreePIE as per the instructions on the github page
>plug in gamepad controller
>paste code into FreePIE
>run code and hope for the best
>if it doesn't work, find out which axises the wheel/gas/brake and other buttons correspond to and feel free to remap buttons how you want
>wheel is almost always "x", for mine the pedals are "y" and "zRotation" ("Rotation" is how the autistic dev decided to denote the second joystick axis)
>if all went well, center the steering wheel (j = 0 in the debugger) and tap each pedal to zero them
>go to the properties of the new controller and calibrate each axis by following the instructions in the wazard
>calibrate the virtual controller's x axis 1 (should be assigned to the wheel) and y axis 1 (assigned to an axis of choice on the gamepad)
>calibrate z axis 1 (aka the shared axis for L and R trigger, assigned to each pedal)
>calibrate x axis 2 and y axis 2 (again, each assigned to an axis of choice on the gamepad)
>now you may disconnect the gamepad which is no longer needed (you will need it to launch the script in FreePIE but only for that)
>launch the vidya
>set controller sensitivities to max
>set acceleration and deadzone settings to min

Done

joystick[0].x and joystick[0].yRotation rest at value 1 and -4. If your controller is new it should be 0 ideally. If yours has wear and rests at some other value, use that as the resting value as I did.

video on the way...