Psp battery is swollen

sup. just opened my drawer and psp battery cover had fallen out on its own. wont fit on psp anymore and seems swollen. wat do?

pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vRKK6pliejs5
analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/application-notes/hdr202li_hd220rli_battery_msds.pdf
nicoblog.org/psp/install-pro-cfw-on-your/
nicoblog.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Throw it away until it explodes!

>swollen
It's going to burst. Look up lithium ion battery hazards.

Microwave it.

get a new battery

Stab it with a knife!

what the fuck nigga its core had a meltdown
your city will be chernobyl 2.0 now
u ded

rip OP

Nothing you can do but replace it.

>swollen
Stop lifting with your psp.

What's with the buttcrack

Just put an ice pack on it, same as when your ankle is swollen, and try not to work it too hard for a few days.

thicc

pee on it

human pee has medical properties

Don't mess around with this, it's a time bomb waiting to happen.

You need to release the pressure. Stab it with a knife.

Put it in the microwave. Trust me I work for sony,

same thing happened to me, I was inspecting it really close to my face afterwards, pushing in the sides to feel if it was malleable. I tried putting it back in the PSP but it was clear it wasn't going to fit so I just threw that fat battery into a drawer.

can i play just using the charger?

also wtf, this psp is only 3 years old, bought it brand fucking new. fuck you sony

Unlike all of the memers here i'll actually help you.

What you want to do is soak in water until it's not swollen and let it dry for 3-5 days.

How did you balance your PSP on your ass, get your hand in that position, and take a picture all at once?

Tell it to only do cardio for a few weeks

>i'm going to try and subject another human being to serious injury because i'm le epic troll xD i bet this will get so many upvotes on /r/Cred Forums!!!

you're an idiot.

Do NOT do this
It is a lithium battery
Do not fucking do that
Throw it away and buy a new one

I work in a call center for a smartphone service, this happens all the time in damp cities that get a lot of rain. Put it in dry rice it will absorb all the moisture and shrink it back to the normal size.

Use the charger but, you will be pretty pissed when you jank it out by mistake and you reset your shit without saving.
Get some chinese replacements for $1 or something, it's what I did. Got a couple just in case.

dont keep you house a billion degree you dumb idiot. Stupid people who have heating issues or dumb shit like this happen is because there is excessive heat around the object or in the house. Our house was kept at 74 during the day and 70 at night. have Original PSP and 2 original batteries from launch day. Both of them hold few hours charge still.

i dont know if the charger can be used as an ac adapter but they sell them if it cant

You're a retard if you even CONSIDER the possibility of working

Not my fault if he retarded enough to fall for it and to ask for advice on Cred Forums of all places.

Did you try work safe requests before coming here? As you can see everyones spouting bs.

these are my knees. pic related.

kill yourself

thanks bruv

i live in recife, brazil right in front of the fucking beach. theres not even fucking winter here, summer all year long and as rich as i am, ac is fucking expensive

Bestbuy has lithium battery recycling bins drop it off there

It actually could explode at any moment

Oh i see, it's a stealth attention whore thread.

Just buy a new battery shithead. Throw that swollen bastard in the trash before it esplodees.

no, that will be tomorrow when my everdrive 64 and sd2snes arrive

now fuck off

well you cant complain for your own fuck. Keep your batteries in the fridge or a cool place when not being used. heat is the issue.

>doesn't remember daily crystal threads

You're a newfag

>thinking youre the only one with an everdrive 64

whats your mb rev on the n64?

Ayy nigger what kinda tv stand is that. I need a fucking wide/long one like that that isnt so high up.

something's wrong here

>he fell for the everdrive scam

I have a timeshare you might be interested in, too

DON'T DO THIS, IT MAKES HORSE RADISH.

how is everdrive a scam? single dude over in germany or whatever makes the shit himself. definitely worth the $120 with the constant support it has

What about it is a scam?

>one guy in germany is selling 20-year old technology you can run on your phone for over $100

right, how foolish of me, that doesn't sound like a scam at all

its not a stand its a bose sound stereo

my crooked finger?

whats wrong with everdrive by krikzz? a lot cheaper than buying original carts
pic related psp is working with chord only but slightest touch on the chord shuts it down lol

>People calling Everdrive a scam

Emulation isn't perfect and, even if it was, some of us like the original hardware experience. Certain N64 games are way more expensive than an Everdrive, and it provides identical experiences to original carts.

t. Someone who owns an Everdrive and SCART cabling.

microwave it for 10 minutes

did you steal my legs and shorts

wtf... are you dumb as shit? every one knows n64 emulation is sketchy as hell. In any current n64 emulation play session you will crash at least once and result in losing progress. Or a glitch will happen and you will end up saving during that glitch and fuck your game up. plus using a phone isnt near the same as using original hardware. You try asking bitches if they want to play mario kart 64 on your phone and chill, youll get a no. Tell them you have a n64 and want to mario kart and chill and they take their clothes off 5 minutes in.

Post bulge or butt.

Why is it bad to ask for advice on Cred Forums?

Because autists like you can't control their impulses to get people hurt? You're not funny, you're not trolling, you're just a dipshit.

Don't do this

Same thing happened to mine. You need to buy a new one.

However DO NOT buy the cheap Chinese knockoffs you find on Ebay/Amazon. They don't fucking work. Find a legit Sony battery or don't bother at all.

nice pupper

> Find a legit Sony battery or don't bother at all.

Good luck with that.

Do note though that legit Sony batteries that still work might cost a lot more than you're expecting. I've just decided to keep using it via the charger, bringing a portable battery if I absolutely must play it on the go

This haha

You can find a few on ebay but they're expensive. I got one a few months ago for 30 bucks.

Kek.

Do you live in a hotel room

It's about to explode if you try to charge it, replace it and do not use the console with this battery.

I bought this third party battery 2 years ago and it works fine. Holds about 5 hours on it. I play on my psp a few times a month

Telecine? Are you Brazilian?

Honestly what happens if you do this?

How is Brazil? Do you like it? Why are electronics so expensive in Brazil? Why not move to another country?

youtube.com/watch?v=vRKK6pliejs5

>A hue /vr/fag
CANCER

I wonder what happens if you breathe into that shit.

Did you read the post you responded to?

Lung Cancer

Check Section 5
analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/application-notes/hdr202li_hd220rli_battery_msds.pdf

This is not sony's wrong doing. Lithium ion batteries are NEVER meant to drop below 10% charge. Its the reason li-ion powered devices dont die slowly, they just shut off. This happens because of a circuit that monitors the level of charge and automatically shuts it off around 10%-15% (even if the display says 0%). If these batteries get below ~10%, weird shit can happen. Sometimes they will burst into flames (theres other reasons this may happen to li-ion batteries), sometimes they will swell and then burst into flames, sometimes they just lose capacity, and sometimes nothing happens. Swelling can be a precursor to fire, but since its been three years and there hasnt been fire yet, it probably wont happen. I wouldnt charge it though, throw it away and accept the fact that you fucked up by allowing the battery to remain uncharged for 3 years, give or take a year. It says right in the manual of any li-ion powered device to not leave it uncharged for long periods of time.

no thats the tv living room

yes

no. because politicians are assholes. working on getting citinzenship in germany currently.

Lithium Ion storage 101:

DO NOT STORE LI-ION BATTERIES EMPTY
DO NOT STORE LI-ION BATTERIES FULL
Store them half-charged, and re-charge them to half again every 3 months.

Li-Ion batteries permanently lose charge capacity over months when stored, and you need to keep it at about 40% charge for the least damage.

>i live in brazil
>rich

>ac is expensive
>rich

>that room
>rich

Fucking kek. The rich man in Brazil cant afford what unemployed niggers in the US use all day erryday. Face it man, your entire country is a shit hole. The only nice thing you hear about Brazil is "muh beach" because thats the only part of brazil that doesnt suck, the part that was there before brazilians infested the place.

you can play the psp with only the charger and no battery, that's what I did when my battery died.

throw that shit away.
if you don't plan on using your psp outside, get some chink shit battery and play using the charger.

Joke's on you, the beaches are fucking nasty.

>Brazil's beaches don't suck
It's literally worse than a beach filled with niggers on the hottest day of summer.

Get a fucking vita or something already. Christs sake.

Oh my mistake. I guess anyone who lives in Brazil is just poor and retarded then.

It's common for most batteries, not just psp. Your battery is nearing death, you better dispose of it asap and get yourself a new one, basically. Google for more details if you're interested.
Batteries are consumables.

He is right. I live in Recife too and it's fucking hot now. Good to know somebody from Recife here! Aew meu vei blz?

Listen to this user And to add to that, official sony batties have been discontinued for years now and any new ones you find from them will most likely have been drained from non use for so long. I'm being a little tin foild so I'm going to say that you may or may not experience this from official batties still but I will say it's still a common problem when still owning a PSP. Either buy a bunch of cheap knock off batties and hope for the best, get a Vita and hack it(it's really getting there or already there) or stick to emulation.

Replace it, swollen batteries are fucked and can actually cause fires.

Shit happens to my phone batteries all the time. I wonder if putting them in the freezer would help.

Look up hot bucket. Make one and throw the battery in there. Then look up place near you who can get that shit out of your house. Lithium battery fires are dangerous as fuck because it's a chemical fire so a regular extinguisher or water can't put it out until the fire runs out of fuel.

my da has spent more than 3 years uncharged. is it lithium too?

>tfw 'murican wants to tell me brazil is a shit place to live in

you think i dont know you huge faggot?

pic related is pic from my balcony. looks great but you cant walk down the street without fearing for your safety. i hate this fucking shithole. had a gun pointed to my face more than once.

fuck this place and fuck you americans for taking your country for granted and protesting about your shallow shit on the streets and being outraged over stupid shit all the time

I got crystal therapy'd and now I'm DRR...DRR...DRR

>to not leave it uncharged for long periods of time.
RIP my gameboy advance and anything else i had

throw it away user. or bring to comp store and they will take it. it will explode or cause very hazard gas to come out. nothing to fuck with

Put ice on it

Put it down, run out of the room, close the door, and put a towel tightly around the base of he door! Your battery is full of spiders!

Get rid of it and cease using it buy a new one dont play with lithium batteries they have hazards

Your DS (i assume thats what you meant) is probably litium but i dont know for sure. Either way the battery could still be swollen but you would have no way of knowing since it isnt removeable. It has less to do with the battery and more to do with how the battery was treated over its lifespan, since both batteries are nearly identical (in basic operation) and may have even came from the same manufacturer (sony and nintendo dont make every part from scratch). Maybe you dropped the psp one more time than the ds, or maybe you stored the ds with a full charge 3 years ago. My point is its not sonys fault, its yours. Its pretty dumb to blatently mistreat something and then complain when it breaks.

>2013
>"I bought this PSP brand fucking new"

I'm surprised bait this obvious even got replies

blatantly mistreat? how the fuck was i supposed to know i cant leave it without charge for that long? ive got my DS Lite for 10 years without issue. PSP wouldnt last even 3

You could try reading the instructions of the object you just purchased you moron

>brazil

this thread is 3 and a half hours old

you know a lot about batteries, my main man.

I wannt it its soooo cute

fuck you autistic weeb

Holy shit fuckoff moralfag. Noone is dumb enough to believe this. You stupid fuck

looks like vice city

Right, So i just dug out my shitty psp go, Anyway i can pirate it so i can play psp games on it?

yes
>psgo
why?

Because I bought that out of interest. Now i need to find a way to play games on it.

Funnily enough I was packing some stuff up for moving earlier today and found my old PSP and the battery was in the same condition as OP's.

nicoblog.org/psp/install-pro-cfw-on-your/

Bless you user. Where can i find the iso's for games also?

Same website.

nicoblog.org/

You'll find quite literally any PSP game you want on this, including translated and non-translated VNs and tons of jap only games. It also has a good selection of PS2 ISOs, SNES, GB, and NDS ROMs, along with many PSP guides.

I can't thank you enough. Now i can rebuild all my lost psp game i've lost over the years both digital and physical.

I'm sorry, but what the fuck, was Sony still making PSPs in twenty fucking thirteen?

Glad to have helped you.

Found out that i can't play all my previously blocked off games on my psp go, But it's alright. I can just reinstall them via iso's.

Why were they blocked?

Where's the swollen part?

The battery packs inside PSP-1000 series models are shaped like that to fit the contours of the hardware

Have none of you ITT actually looked at a PSP battery before?

I was thinking this at first but thats a 3000 model
I thought he had a 1000 model battery at first but when I compared mine to a 2000 theres actually a big difference

pic related

Why the fuck are we talking about psp when pic related exists

name a better handheld for emulation that can be found as cheap as a second hand psp that can run pretty much everything up to ps1

>only 3 years

FYI: if you used this roughly daily this is actually impressive, not disappointing

Squeeze the battery

Deixa de ser viado, filho da puta.

It's not swollen, it's pregnant.

I hope you'll take responsibility, OP!

CUTE

late to the party but don't fuck around with lithium batteries dude

there's a reason they're banned from being shipped on passenger flights

>all this lion battery talk

One kid in elementary would take the battery out of his GBA SP and lick the contacts of the battery, last I heard from him he was transitioning to become a transsexual

lion batteries, not even once