Why is "anime" such a trigger to some people that play videogames? You'd think that, of all groups...

Why is "anime" such a trigger to some people that play videogames? You'd think that, of all groups, gamers would be the ones most okay with experiencing stuff from other countries.

Other urls found in this thread:

hawaiiweblog.com/2010/09/03/hawaii-video-game-developers
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>gamers

Sometimes going for anime tropes is just cliché, especially since many gamers are familiar with them.

Nothing wrong with going for anime-styled things at all.

tribalism

Video Games are for normalfags now.

But user, stuff like this is exclusive to japanese devs and weeb devs. People are getting tired of unroginial shonen bullshit like this made for pedos and shut ins.

What do you want me to call people who play games? Players? That's too generic, you could mix it with other stuff.

Anime writing is usually pretty shitty so I can see why people would get triggered when they see similar art styles in video games.

She hab benis?

No joke, it's a bit of a corporate conspiracy that started back in the late 90's to dethrone jap devs as the top video game makers and to help promote western gaming. same as the movie industry constantly tries to shit on vidya because after CoD4 it became a threat to them

>A game made in Japan feels Japanese

WOOOOOOOOOW

>You'd think that, of all groups, gamers would be the ones most okay with experiencing stuff from other countries.
Because we've already experienced it, and it's fucking gay. We've had enough.

97% of american and european cartoons have shit writing as well, but you don't see people saying "Warning: this has a 'cartoon' plotline. Now that you're aware of this, [...]"

>i HATE anime better play how to raise your imouto umaru chan!
>waaahh why is there anime in it

Aren't they racist or something for saying that as a bad thing?

97% of american and european cartoons are made for kids though. The same percentage of japanese cartoons have ungodly amount of fanservice and edgy storylines catering to young adults.

The thing is, anime is somehow even worse.

>>A game made in Japan feels Japanese
>WOOOOOOOOOW
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Speak for yourself tubby

yeah no

95% if western games have shit writing, what's the difference. And the few western games that DO have good writing are moatly ignored.

This pisses me off. The same libertarian game reviewers who call for equality in all fields and aspects of life are the first to laugh off some games for being "too japanese", essentially creating a hierarchy for games.

anime doesn't need to be associated with every fucking thing ever created. It's been shoved down everyones throats for years and is mainstream worldwide.

>different countries act differently

WOOOOOOOOOOOW

most conspiracies aren't to rule the world or fuck over the common man. it's almost always petty bullshit like this. believe me or not. all you gotta do is look at shit like MN9 and the insane chat logs leak from people who were involved.

same reason why people get triggered about furfag games

>

>WOW WHY IS THE JAPANESE GAME SO JAPANESE

Also
>nintendoworldreport
>shovel knight
They have garbage opinions and are completely irrelevant

I wouldn't

Because anime culture is not socially acceptable. The sooner the Japanese start taking notes from their Gook neighbors across the strait, the sooner they will be accepted. They don't give the anime otaku an inch and treat them as subhumans rather than live and let live like the Japanese does.

But they don't, so the criticism continues.

We like Anime. But because of shitposters like you and the ones who use anime girl reaction pics you've memefied and normalfagged it to this point.

I like anime. I like video games too. I fucking can't stand when a game has anime art and cut scenes. If i wanted to watch anime i'd play anime. Games have potential to be unique, to be their own thing. But they often waste that by trying to be an anime, or a movie.

kys

>shoved down

Where do you live? There are literally 20 western games for every japanese one that gets released today on our market.

Can we just take a moment to realize how much anime is completely indistinguishable from Sword Art Online

Anime/otaku culture is normalfag shit that has completely lost its novelty.

You first OP.

Casuals have neither skill nor tolerance.

>Guy doesn't like "anime is happening" plotlines whatever that means
>Give him game that has anime aesthetics
Why? Why give a guy who is clearly biased towards these types of games one of them to review.

cant argue with those results

they may not apply to me
but they apply to everyone else in the west

The funny thing is that most of the people who say these kind of things haven't watched an anime in their lives. Now, I'm not an anime expert, but people tend to say that a game is too anime when they see fucking maids or cat ears...

Because the good ones have been fired. See this washed up has been.

This little washed up journalist got hurt feelings over people not liking his weeb games. So he made a spinoff called Japangamer and it flopped hard and he got fired. Now he has depression and spends his days ranting on his little blog about how reviewers won't review his weeb games properly.

Are there any videogames that use an anime artstyle, but have little to no anime cliches and tropes?

like western anime?
or maybe french anime?

You do realize that Japanese creative development is even more stagnant than Hollywood's blockbuster system?

Maybe play something like Yakuza if you want a breath of fresh air.

>Comparing Cortana to weebshit
Come on at least Cortana has some thought put into her character pre-H4.

>They don't give the anime otaku an inch and treat them as subhumans rather than live and let live like the Japanese does.
>rather than live and let live like the Japanese does.
>live and let live like the Japanese
>like the Japanese

I'm not one of these faggots who says you need to be Japanese to talk about japan, but you really know nothing of the culture, country or current social climate of japan if you think what you just typeed is at all true.

You don't see people saying "I hate food" so why do people say "I hate anime" and think it's ok? That's literally just 'japanese cartoon'. The subject of the anime and the way it is portrayed are up to the authors. They don't come with the art style, like the actual food and its taste are up to the cooks...

You're thinking of the industry before gen7, user. Dudebros rule now.

Some people just don't like anime and MLP, user. You don't need everyone to conform to your tastes.

im sure the comparison is less on character but more on general stuff like both being AI's

Because you don't need anime to live...

I just don't like otaku culture games and avoid them.

Imo weebs destroy everything they mess with. I won't start a crusade but if my job was to review games and one of these came into my hands the 4/10 would be predetermined more or less

What I mean to say is Japan generally leaves the Otaku alone while Korea and China have made it their mission to make it as a miserable for those kinds of people. All while lapping up to American Markets for approval. And it Works. look at how many FuckJapan articles are there and how many ProKorean articles you see in media.

>Dudebros rule now.
That have been shit on just as bad as the old school weebs at this point.

I imagine it's partly the language barrier that keeps people from discovering some of the variety in anime. People don't want to read subs so all they know about are the really mainstream stuff and expect all of it to be like that.
Also
>bad food analogy

Only Cred Forums and a few niche corners shit on dudebros, and dudebros don't even read such sites to know

All of these people are correct, anime and the generic JRPGs that imitate it are insufferably bad

YA fiction plots and shitty anime trope characters make a boring experience

Every western game set in a bleak future has the exact same artstyle, cliches and writing but nobody complains about it.
Every western game set in space has the exact same artstyle, cliches and writing but nobody complains about it.
Every western game set in a medieval fantasy has the exact same artstyle, cliches and writing but nobody complains about it.
Every western game set in a post apocalyptic setting has the exact same artstyle, cliches and writing but nobody complains about it.
It's just bias.

>Idols

anime has always been for normalfags

You all only ever post thjngs thst piss you off. Surely theres writers or articles you like right? Why not post those

Have you not been in gaming in the last like 4 years at all? still hating on dudebros is the same as saying the world is shit because of those dang dirty jocks. blue haired feminist have them on the chopping block with the rest of us dude.

>libertarian
>equality

What

Because the stronger reaction comes from the thing that angers you the most. and you'll get more replies from anons here with anger inducing possts

westerners like western shit
if its not xenophobia then its because of the familiarity with the current trend
one of the reason why i think the majority liked skyrim is because its in first person
and people who play the shooters and the like are familiar with it despite being in a different setting

some people don't like certain art style and aesthetics
kinda like how there are people sick of "realistic" looking games, or "tolkien fantasy"

They should start every fantasy medieval-like RPG review, like Skyrim, with a "I feel like I say this often, but this is a really Western game. No joke, it has knights, dragons, and a heavy generic classic music soundtrack. It's not enough that it has peasants that actually speak to you -- they're basically speaking in formal old english, a la Lord of the Rings."

people on both sides of the fence treat animu way too separately from other entertainment: it's all cartoons at the end of the day, the nip ones just follow different trends

We'd be called shills if we posted things we like.

You're naive if you think the feminists are doing ANYTHING to harm the dudebros. CoD, Dattlefield and the like are all still selling by the boatload. There's no way feminism can stand in the way of the almighty dollar

This is true. On one hand we have weebs going "look at my glorious animu" and on the other we have people who react with intense disgust at the every idea of "anime".

Both are in the wrong and unstable when really we should just treat it as cartoons with different trends that appeal more to Japanese interests. Nothing inherently wrong with that.

They aren't much different from Hollywood Blockbusters, they can be convinced to make one move here and there no one will give a shit but do that with a weeb game and we will scream like banshees.

Because most things that are "anime" seem like they're going way, way out of their way to pander to specific groups of people - "otakus" - and have to consistently remind you that you're watching an anime or playing an anime game.

It's like, what if every fucking western animation was like fucking loony toons, where every time some dude saw a hot girl his eyes flew out of his skull and he starts wailing on his own head with a giant hammer, or someone's mad and a steam whistle blows as smoke plumes out of his ears. This shit just going on constantly in every scene in every animation, you can't get away from it.

After a while all of those characteristics and tropes and shit would become really, really boring and tiresome after a while and maybe even obnoxious.

>This shit just going on constantly in every scene in every animation, you can't get away from it.

here's your precious (you)

Its just boring and overdone.
I haven't been able to actually enjoy a game that I would describe as being "anime" since I was 12ish. I can tolerate them, sure, but I never actually enjoy them. Now that I'm in my mid 20s, I seem to lean more towards low-fantasy settings without all of the wacky "chosen" one bullshit.

Anime cliches just feel kind of stupid, fan-service just annoys me, and I have always thought lolis were fucking stupid. God damn I'm sick of seeing fucking lolis in games.

Otaku culture is considered an acceptable target to criticism because japanese aren't considered an oppressed class under the SJW worldview, even if "asians" are considered oppressed if they're born in primarily white countries.
Say one thing about how black culture treats women and you'll get called racist, because blacks are considered an oppressed class.

>mad about normalfag reviewing entry level weeb shit
>gamers
this was a great post, op
keep em coming

>Surely theres writers or articles you like right?

You'd think so, but no. As far as I can tell, most "journalists" all share the same opinions.

So you've watched a couple of anime and played a few Jrpgs and now you brush off every thing anime as boring, tiresome, and obnoxious? What exactly have you played/ watched that have caused you to have these feelings?

They sure as hell do not

>why do they play games they dont like?
-says the Cred Forumsirgins reading stuff they dont like

Because it's a boring and overdone art style littered with shitty writing specifically to pander to weebs. It's not because it's Japanese. There are heaps of Japanese games which aren't made up of this pandering shit.

I have yet to see a journalist call out Anita.

You say it like modern western games didn't have shitty writing and boring and overdone artstyles. They just happen to appeal to you.

Friendly reminder that he was completely right!

People would probably be more accepting, if anime styled games were patterned more after the 80s and 90s era anime, rather than the modern shit,

japshit is mostly cheesy, immature, and feels catered to prepubescent boys. I don't think it has anything to do with familiarity. This shit isn't appreciated by 99% of people, even in Japan. It makes sense that ppl would like it on Cred Forums, but it's honestly for kids and losers. Only redeeming quality is the nostalgia for some people i suppose? Other than that, GENERALLY anime is trash and akin to interest in MLP

>cheesy, immature, and feels catered to prepubescent boys
you mean like Game of Thrones?

Blame A-1 Pictures. Literally the McDonalds of anime.

>Not liking terrible Japanese fiction trope #183648 means you hate anime

8 "cute girls do cute things" shows per season is abysmally depressing for anyone not on Cred Forums-levels of autism.

For one, it's unwritten rule that people who post with anime avatars/pictures typically have shit opinions

You're still not getting the distinction between western games, japanese games, and weeb shit. Dark Souls, Mario and Sonic etc are japanese games, but they're not filled with pandering just to easily attract a shitty immature audience who constantly have sex on the mind.

where john smithuru is a 12 year old boy from a small village who has to rise up and defeat the evil monster with the help of his innocent, and sexualized loli girl denrys-chan who turns into a cute chibi ever so often for those funny scenes and shows her pantsu acciedently , but the nudity is NOT explicit it's implicit ok, so it's not perverted its ok

What's the difference between Theatrical and Cinematic?

Because anime was a mistake and anyone who unironically consumes anime as a medium of entertainment is invariably the worst kind of weab otaku cosplaying daki-toting faggot. Especially the ones that inhabit this website.

All these weab anime games are is anime episodes with some interaction.

Weabs and animeposters should be gassed, and if you don't believe me you need only navigate your browser over to Cred Forums to see the exact type of cucks I'm talking about.

>.< o.o ^.^ otaku for life, it's a mature taste

Im a journalist. Give me something to call out thats recent and newsworthy and i'll make it

Virtue signaling and insecurity.
>haha i may be a fat retarded nerd but at least I'm not the wrong kind of fat retarded nerd that likes "problematic" things that haven't been approved by billion dollar marketing campaigns and the big bang theory

That doesn't address the point.

Uhh, I think you mean "liberal" user.

Normalfags just won't stomach anything that isn't normal.

Of course it doesn't appeal to me. That's why I'm not endorsing it. And of course plenty of western games are pandering, specifically to the SJW crowd.

OP was asking why japanese games triggers people who plays video games, and my point is that it's not because they're japanese games, it's because weeb shit is overdone and immature. This is a problem with an audience which is slowly getting older and video games are becoming more mainstream.

Souls games have anime Artstyle
Just look at the pointy chinned faces of women in them

Anime is mostly terrible and the fans are obnoxious

The number of explosions.

>feminine, non-manjawed facial structure is now 'anime'

Thats enough Cred Forums for today.

So why do they tolerate grimdarkin' western RPG's with dragons, wizards, elves, and magic?

Theatric is a little over the top
>think of those annoying drama kids from highschool
>Cinematic is true acting, for a more real to life feel.

Every few years there's "that anime".
It comes out and everything tries to emulate it.
Lucky Star, Code Geass, Sword Art Online etc.

The fad always dies, eventually, but on the plus side among the dozens of shitty copycat anime a few come out that are outright better in every way.

Such as Nichibros, Log Horizon, Re: Zero Fucking fite me m8 etc.

That must pass as normal for them (at least as far as fantasy goes).

Anything beyond that is too weird.

Its not about there being a problem with anime as much as it is games striving to be SIMPLY anime. So many games artstyle are just ANIME. Not cool anime that is inspired and unique, but the most generic uninteresting typical nonsense that mediocre anime is content on being.

Why do you defend an anime artstyle simply because its anime? Thats the real question.

A lot of anime can seem pretty cringy and childish due to awful English dubbing, poor localisation, bizarre and nonsensical writing or overly twee writing and sometimes perverted subject matter. Of course not all anime has this but it does seem to occur in anime-styled fiction more than in other kinds of fiction, even in good anime stuff.
This creates a stigma in some people against things with anime stylings because of their assumption that it will contain these things, which is intensified if they're insecure about liking stupid things.

There aren't honestly that many that utterly lack in visual components beyond generic easily consumable "anime". Most of them are directly inspired by another source, or their "anime" aesthetic tends to be pretty self-contained. For example, Gunvolt's style is obviously trying really hard to capture Megaman ZX's aesthetic, which itself is a mutation of Megaman X's, which then comes from Megaman classic. The gameplay style, being inspired so much by Megaman ZX, is very clearly going for this, but the fact that people can erase all of this and just say "ANIME MURR NOW IT'S BAD!!!" is pretty unfair.

Picked the wrong image, this is closer to what Gunvolt was borrowing from.

I wasnt really speaking about Gunvolt specifically, it was a general statement on games adopting the aesthetic lazily.

I still think Gunvolt doesnt look as good as zx3 and neither of them look nearly as good as X series.

>OH GAWD SOMEONE CRITICIZE MUH CHINKTOONS I CANT ALLOW THAT!

>it tries to go more realistic
well fucking someone didn't get the memo

Because anime sucks and it's the same shit over and over again.

man that shit just makes me mad. The point isnt that your story needs to be realistic, its that your writing should be consistent with your own universe. Its not something that can be explained away because its an alternative dimension, its just an piece of paradoxical world building.

Its such a hack writer cop-out. Just say it was an oversight. Thats a lot more respectable.

Because anime is fucking gay you homo lmao.

>No joke, it's a bit of a corporate conspiracy that started back in the late 90's to dethrone jap devs as the top video game makers and to help promote western gaming.

I will now post an anime for Western audiences.Note: it is not one of the generic Toonami classics. However, it REALLY needs a dub. READY...

I don't know why, anything anime looking is like sugar to me. I just look at it and activates that part of my brain that goes "ooh that's nice".
Apparently it causes the opposite reaction in other people.

>AI speaks to you
>Bad
????????????
???????????????????????????

Isn't this the game that used "zer, xim and zip" pronouns?

You'd think it would be more popular with Western "journalists".

>80s Japan political allegory
>for western audiences

Because anime is literally garbage
Manga master race

>Not heavy on the fanservice
>Good action
>Not based in a high school
>Animated by Bones
>Feels like a Western comic book
>MC has a cool car
>Has several Murica Fuck Yeah moments

For Western Audiences

>attempt to convey how japanese something is by likening it to a character from a western FPS
???

>anime game has anime
>con
The fuck?

>plays japanese game
>guys, it's very japanese CON
Okay then

What the fuck

Undertale was LITERALLY anime, specially with its Power of Friendship ending yet somehow people loved undertale

Maybe it's because the character who had the xe pronoun was mentally insane and would physically swap bodies at will and the SJWs were jealous they couldn't swap at will.

Unlike furries, weebs don't generally have persecution complexes. Westacucks always have this sense of pathetic desperation to be liked oozing around them though.

This.

Why are they allowed to get away with this racist shit?

But if you say the same about black culture you're a terrible person!

Because bullshit anime pandering dilutes the plot until you can't take it seriously and any attempt the game makes to be taken seriously comes off as fucking lame. I guess anime is okay if you want to make an ironically self aware bad story game, but in cases like Waifu Emblem shit where every character is a badly written anime character stereotype, when the time comes for the plot to be taken seriously it just comes off as laughable and lame.

Because video game journalists are fake nerds to the Nth degree.

While its valid to say that the story is nothing but anime tropes you are a bad reviewer if you do that
Go into specifics, who cares about cliches tell me why they are bad and dont work here

>mfw something just felt off while watching this and I dropped it.
I might have terminal weebness

yo yo, Grimgar is pretty rad too

Wow, why is this anime game so anime?!

Im a weeb and Im sick of anime tropes

Undertale got a free pass since it wasn't made in Japan.

>its that your writing should be consistent with your own universe
Yeah, right. You see people saying they don't like something because it's not practical, too over the top or simply isn't realistic even when it's consistent with the work's own universe.

Anime can be good or bad, this is the bad type.

It was being ironic though.

As long as you do things "ironically," it's perfectly okay!

>It's an "outraged weeb thread" episode

Idols, magical girls, waifus, moeshit, sameface, hair in hues of blue pink and gold, protags that are either goofy or stoic with no in-between, 2fast4u action, these are the most prevalent and garbage anime tropes I can think of and it's the reason I avoid weeb games like the plague.

Don't forget one character being a giant weeaboo loser that watches anime and her yuri girlfriend who freaks out if you tell her anime isn't real.

Because with anime come weebs.

>anime invented power of friendship

You are this stupid

I always say the same thing when people trash games for having random encounters but are perfectly fine with it in Undertale

"oh it's just making fun of those things" is usually the excuse

anime is un-american

It would be technically more correct to say the Japanese IGNORE Otaku to the best of their ability, as they are annoying and shameful - but are also a huge market driver for their already sluggish economy. Elders hold the Strawberry generation in disdain, but they're the ones with all the disposable income precisely because they eschew all the traditional elements of Japanese life they are shamed for not participating in.

Politeness is above all the social ettiquite of Japan. If someone is acting outrageously, it is more polite to ignore them, as acknowledging them forces them to accept shame, and worse, forces you to fucking deal with them.

Mind you that is with their own. Japanese are FAR from 'live and let live' with anyone or anything not Japanese.

Idols are literally the worst thing mankind has ever invented.

Exceedingly anime things only appeals to NEETs. There is anime that normal people can tolerate and then there is overly anime shit.

What's retarded here is what they critiqued the game about. That's like giving a FIFA game a bad score because "too much soccer."

this

Idols are just popstars financed by the yakuza.

Everything in Japan is financed by the Yakuza, they're major business stakeholders

Not even, they are selling purity to manchildren that dont understand that a woman is nothing but a human with flaws and defects.

The game should try to be a bit more realistic or at least the localization should actually bother to localize it instead of being so lazy.

Why is there J-Pop? Why not a genre of music that people in the west are actually familiar with? Why have maids and idols? Those aren't even a thing in the west.

They could have rewritten it to be about a war torn country or something more relevant to the US

the fuck is a weeb game
the word has lost it meaning

>2fast4u action

ever heard of Miley Cyrus before she went full whore?

You could take the same game but make a decent plot
Like the megaman zero games, those are anime too but you bet no one would complain

>Why is "anime" such a trigger to some people that play videogames?

It wouldn't be nearly as bad as it is if anime quality hadn't declined 80% over the last 16 years with the complete abolishment of actual cel drawn animation and the oversaturation of the slice of life moe genre

i still don't understand how people can defend anime now compared to the 90's or even 80's. barely anything memorable has come out since. redline i think is the only thing i can think of.

everything else is poorly done OVA's of shonen nonsense or long standing franchises like jojo, which of course, originated back when the medium was at least somewhat original.

>hair in hues of blue pink and gold
>gold
you mean blonde, a totally natural hair color?

But this is way bigger and way more disgusting

>b-b-b-but the anime industry is now bigger than ever so all your criticism is void!

Hate those people

It tries to be a parody of anime so bad it turnes out as generic as your average anime series

Because weebs are obnoxious cunts

See

They should've removed that stuff for the western release.

Instead of J-Pop, put some EDM or western hip hop or something. Instead of maids, replace them with robots or something else that serves or cleans for people (I don't know the context maids were used in this game, sorry)

Yeah dunno why I thought to call it gold, but the point is that blonde in an anime or anime game is the identifier of a bland mary sue character almost guaranteed.

>Implying

2fast4u in anime implies action that's done the way it is to save frames for lazy animators. In games, it's done to be flashy and give you the false impression that the game is good, it doesn't make the game harder necessarily. It's just arbitrary nonsense.

every star's image is controlled entirely by their agencies, it just so happens that Japan almost exclusively sells them as pure and cute girls.

>Hate those people

seriously. this is why i don't even bother frequenting Cred Forums, because it's full of degenerates parading around their moe bullshit. you can't even have a discussion of (for lack of a better term) patrician anime choices because they all just want to pretend to be loli girls getting dicks in every orifice

Also for example of a good localization look at Elite Beat Agents.

If they released that game as Ouendan nobody would've played it

pretty much, it definitely worked for Steins Gate

>but this is really a japanese game
Well holy fuck, what have I been playing for the last 18 years of my life, fucking Hawaiian games?

Anime or not its safe to say that Inti creates is not as good as it used to be.

Are there any videogames from Hawaii?

>western cartoons have floating timeline out the ass
>action cartoons focus on baddie of the week and have little to no actual plot

both have good and bad

you talking shit about ouendan motherfucker?

But they are mostly comedy so they are bearable
Anime tries to have a plot, and its just laughable.

Apparently hawaiiweblog.com/2010/09/03/hawaii-video-game-developers

What if someone just wants to play the game that the actual developers made instead of what the localizers thought would be more appropriate?

are you retard

Then you import the JP version

not everyone likes super japy things weeb.
and that is ok, japs dont like all things from the US.

And if they don't speak jap?

I wouldn't have to if the localizers actually did their job.

Women get incredibly triggered by anime girls because it's a level of beauty they will never reach.

And beta/numales just blindly follow female opinions in hopes of getting laid
>y-yeah I agree femanon, anime is so gross and problematic
Eventually they believe these things themselves

Then they cannot play the game that the actual developers made.
Translations will always mess something up, tons of jap stuff simply cannot be translated to english properly
You are always making concessions, if you want the real experience learn jap

Watashi no Dikku meinu o baka

But they do, you dont see, to know what localizers actually do

I love anime, but a lot of anime is very basic writing with nobody all that interesting. A lot of mary sue characters too.

I think a lot of video game people are trying to break away from that.

anime isnt problematic

its just shitty

Videogames shouldnt even have story

>translations = replacing entire bits of the game with what YOU think is appropriate

i prefer anime stories with good gameplay and not the fucking cinematic experiences that western devs make

Legitimate racism.

The developers never intended the game to be English

Yeah you are an idiot.

good argument, sure showed me how changing moonrunes to romanrunes is the same as replacing the ost with shitty edm

I think you mean tribadism.

There is no argument to be had with an ignorant.
If you think you can translate jap customs and how much goes unsaid in jap to english due to customs and what is expected from people at every time good fucking luck

who are you to make that statement? you dont know the devs

Can't stand normies who dismiss games because they are anime, but then again I rarely give walking sims a chance.

This is why games where better when they all were 2D. Compare and contrast classic games to modern society. Normies would dismiss Street Fighter Zero 3 because "it's anime", while insisting that Xenophage is the perfect fighting game, because they are idiots.

Because Japanese culture is the one foreign culture their clique has decided its alright to be openly hostile and dismissive towards.

They're just jealous of their superior culture. That's the only explanation.

Gunvolt is non-anime as fuck. Dude's a huge smartass.

>There is no argument to be had with an ignorant.
So you can't think of one. Why can't you translate UNSPOKEN jap customs? weebs will get it and it'll fly over normies' heads so there's no reason to worry. And you still haven't addressed all that hot false equivalency of yours, tell me how social customs warrant removal of a genre of fucking music or maids?

That's like saying all video games or tv shows are shitty. Sure some anime is bad, but some is good

You are still an idiot that doesnt know what localization is
Stop posting

And you still have no arguments and are just fishing for (you)s,

Better question: Why do reviewers who clearly don't care for these sorts of games insist on playing them?

You don't have the RTS specialist who hates FPSes review the new CoD.

They'll do anything for a paycheck.

Lets be real, a lot of anime games are pretty much the same

It's like the west and shooters