google.com/finance?cid=6988887
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I can't even remember the last time I went to a GameStop

this

can't remember the last time i left my house desu lol

kill me

>burgerclaps are just getting chip technology
>fucking canadians have had this shit for the past decade
>the same country where 40% of its people still use dial up are ahead of burgerclaps

america is a fucking joke

>ameritards are getting chip and pin just fucking now
>they can't figure it out

I live in a ravaged third world shithole and we've had chip and pin since ever, like come the fuck on.

What are you trying to be
>implying
here?

We had it forever ago and it never caught on because we don't like it

We still don't like it

It's the most obnoxious shit, this isn't zimbabwe, I'm not worried about card security.

Next we are going to have that awkward dance they do in Canada where waitresses give you the card reader and make you do all the shit.

>We had it forever ago and it never caught on because we didn't understood how it worked

FTFY

>I live in a ravaged third world shithole and we've had chip and pin since ever, like come the fuck on
'sup huebro

this whole system is stupid and takes too long compared to just swiping the card

Most big stores in the US have changed to chip already, its just that some companies haven't got it set up properly with their servers. I'm a store manager at Office Depot and we had our chip-enabled systems in place in January but didn't get the capability to take the chip until March.

You would know some of this if you stepped outside the basement or had a job in the first place.

You're an idiot.

>pf Changs
>Target
>Home Debot
Wow so good that swiping did for us.

Americans don't have paywave?

Or we don't live in a third world country that doesn't require the extra security measures.

They tried pushing it again recently and it's already failing

>this isn't zimbabwe, I'm not worried about card security.

Yeah, only poverty stricken african shitholes pull off relatively complex crimes which might actually require knowledge of electronics and maybe even programming. In america everyone just shoots each other.

this in general just confuses me.

>have old card without chip
>have newer card with chip
>the card with the chip still has a strip to swipe
>card reader at store x has a chip reader
>you HAVE to use it
>card reader at store y has a chip reader
>cashier tells you it doesn't work or that you can just swipe it if you want
>what is the point of this arbitrary nonsense that only provides the alleged security benefit of the chip depending on if the store you use the card at has a chip reader AND forces you to use it over the strip reader

This. I've got fraud protection as part of my banking package. I've had fraud protection for years because I'm not a goddamned poorfag. I literally don't fucking care about the chip.

america is a third world country

Call me when satan descends to earth so i can just have a paychip installed into my hand
Im tired of waiting for this shit

>Chip

Get with the times idiots, we're using tap now.

So you agree there is no point then

Its because while MOST places were forced to upgrade to the chip many are exempt until 2017. My gas station has all their chip slots taped up with that written on them.

You put it in as soon as you get there and type your code.
Then wait until cashier has finished scanning all your shit.
Then you click "ok".

>Or you pick this magic self-scanner thing up at the start of the store, and scan all items as you pick them up, then pay in like 1 min.

Build your own nuclear deterrent then you fucking leech.

America isn't third world by any definition of third world.

Yeah so third world they protect 2/3s of the world lol.

A third world country that doesn't require the extra security measures.

We had it but news segments like this scared everybody. We got rid of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=lLAFhTjsQHw

Mobile payments are the new thing.

>walmart cashier
>people bring out their chip cards
>oh boy
>swipe
>BEEP
>you have to use the chip
>the what
>the chip on your card
>like this?
>insert the card and take it out
>no you keep it in there
>i don't understand
>have to walk around and help them out, then walk around o clear it on my side
>i do this 20-30 times per day without fail

fuck these things

Can't wait for dat mark of the beast.
only a few people will get it

I mean, Canada has tap now. You literally don't enter anything, you just tap your card on the machine and your purchase is complete. I don't think we have a security problem

>he pays by anything but cash

if you want convenience some supermarkets nowadays let you set up a shopping list online and have it delivered to your door once a week

Yeah, pretty much. I don't know why you're repeating what the guy you quoted said.

>burgerclaps unironically believe this

The stripe in the new one should work exactly the same as the old one and is there as a failsafe in case you try to buy in a store that isn't properly set up to take chip cards yet. If you swipe you're basically getting none of the chip technology security benefits so yeah you don't want to swipe if you're given the choice.

Pretty sure most countries use chips. I've literally only ever swiped my card once in my life.

I'm pretty sure that's Detroit.

Extra card security aint gonna stop me from getting shot dumbass.

Just because half the companies preparing to accept chips don't have competent enough programmers to enable it yet doesn't make the chip itself worthless.

>Lowe's
>Debit card you have to swipe, even if you have a chip
>Unless you want to run it as credit, it will prompt you to insert the chip
>Credit you have to insert the chip no matter what
>If you do it improperly it takes 10 seconds to go back to the main screen to do it again
>Ended up making labels for each card reader right as you look at it: Debit = Slide Card, Credit = Insert Chip
>People still do the opposite
>code3code3code3code3

Using phone's NFC is literally Visa PayWave, minus the card, but some people don't like the idea of google/apple having direct access to your accounts

So what's the point of security chips, you agree they are stupid then?

Come back when you have a GDP higher than even just texas.

yes it does

>40% of its people still use dial up
What the fuck? Where?

Because companies have to manually update the firmware nation wide, which costs a lot of money to do.
Some companies have done it solely because of the law regarding fraud protection that passed recently, others are petitioning against it because it's a big cost to them the more spread out they are in the country.

t. former retail employee that went through all the talk about the chips.

Also, the whole added security thing is a retarded myth, if the chip doesn't work they'll just have you swipe anyway, and there are ways to hack the chip (though they're in their infancy right now).

SHIT

>muh money
there's more to civilization than money, ameriburger

>live in aus
>went from swipe to chip to tap
>maybe 60% of people just use paypass
>americans STILL only swipe

wut

come back when your trigger happy police officers arent slaughtering innocent people burgerclap

America literally defined the terms first, second, and third world country you retard. First world refers to Nato nations.

Meh, shopping for food has its moments, and I don't buy the same stuff every week.

>swipe, put back in wallet in the same motion
>press button for credit
>done
vs
>insert card and leave it there
>press the button for credit that I had to guess at beacuse asshats kept saying "oh just put your pin in" fuck you motherfucker debit is annoying
>unless it's some place that doesn't take the chip yet then you have to swipe as normal after wasting time on this dumb shit

Nah fuck you faggot.

Not really, I find swipe a little annoying because occasionally I'm told that I swiped too slowly or too quickly and have to swipe again. However, when I insert my chip, it works 100% of the time.

Also when you do it enough it takes the amount of time as a swipe; after that the process is the same. So in the end I like chip more than swipe because it works for me more often; tap is king though.

>tfw Brit debit card
>whenever I'm abroad it only functions in credit card machines, and works fine in anything with "credit only, no debit" on
>it says "DEBIT" on the front so cashiers always flip the fuck out and shout at me in foreign

>The same country that has the fastest internet in the world

It's almost as if its a big varied country

The same country which is also dominating the electric vehicle market, as well as jet engines, etc.

Let's hang out user I'll make pizza

FUCK CHIP
NO ONES HACKING MY CREDIT CARD AT A FUCKING CORNER STORE
JUST LET ME SWIPE AND GET OUT
DIRTY ASS YUROPOORS AND LEAFS

>b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but m-m-m-m--m-m-muh monies!!!!!!!!1111

holy fuck are people from clapistan this pathetic?

I'm guessing in 40% of Canada's landmass.

Shut the fuck up, you stupid nigger.
The reason places don't accept chip is because they don't want to fucking pay, not because of "programmers" or any such nonsense.
Credit card companies charge extra for the chip, that's the only real reason businesses aren't using it.

Holy shit, I hate the chip readers. Increases interaction time by at least 15 seconds. Shit is gay as fuck.

that is literally the most likely place to have you code stolen you fucking mong

Fuck your chips, nigga.

Europeans also thought banding together and having a single currency would be good for everyone's economies.

See how that turned out?

kek

If it's not broken, why fix it?

The dunkin' donuts near here literally plugged up the ship slot with a sign that reads "swipe please."

nothing makes sense

thanks for proving my point dumb burgerclap

Why are you just repeating what he said?

I'm seriously not seeing why it's such a big deal how you put your card on the machine. All of them take the same amount of trivial time to do. The extra security is minimal at best. Is this just some more stupid shit that everyone else has to brag about doing that the US doesn't?

Cops in my area are great desu

I'd rather US cops over European cops

With that tap shit there's generally a restriction on how much you can pay for in case it gets stolen, so you can't exactly get the weekly shop in with it.

>waitresses give you the card reader and make you do all the shit
They already do this at the Applebee's where I live. Every table has a tablet with games and you can also use it to I think call them over and when you're done you pay with it if you're using a card.

prove it.

>be american
>use chip
>get shot

>my sides are inflating

I love it, watching them crash and burn along side us has been enjoyable.

Struck a nerve I see

Your attempt at a snarky answer is stupid. Logically the places that wouldn't use dial up would be the more concentrated areas taking up less space and the rural areas would be stuck with shit internet, leading to it being a majority of the landmass.

If you're going to snark, you gotta do it right, friendo

>fastest internet in the world
Not even close where the fuck did you get that retarded idea

> if the chip doesn't work they'll just have you swipe anyway

Which is why it should eventually become mandatory to use the chip exclusively.

>there are ways to hack the chip (though they're in their infancy right now).

Chip and pin has been in use all over the world for ages, hardly in it's infancy. And most hypothetical hacks that actually try to exploit the chip itself and extremely impractical.

>swipe
>have to provide signature

>use chip
>nothing

How is it more secure? Obama's son could ventilate me, use my credit card to empty out KFC and nobody would ever know.

Contactless for life.

Fucking Americans.

america has none of that

Niggers aren't innocent or people

>The extra security is minimal at best.

Why not just admit you don't know shit and leave it at that? Who are you trying to bullshit?

This is fucking retarded because that Target shit is exactly why we switched to this chip

You faggots are embarrassing this country, how hard is it to leave the fucking card in the machine until they say you can remove it? We're talking about pre-school level of listening to instructions.

>fuck these things
Americans? I agree.

15+ seconds for the chip reader at some places. Fuck you.

>y-y-you are just mad

kek

Google fiber, Tesla, Pratt and whitney literally anything

>writing your name on a piece of flimsy paper makes it safe!

Oh right I forget you guys still unironically use cheques. Lmao.

>European cops manage to protect people without the need for rocket launchers and assault rifles

>meanwhile American sniper can't even shoot a mentally challenged man that is sitting down playing with a toy car, somehow manages to shoot black man laying down with his hands in the air, twice

Because the chips are encrypted and the magnetic strips are plaintext 0s and 1s, in short.

>implying its just niggers

>muh culture
>please ravage my cultured anus with your dark ages religion, Mohammed

are you retarded or have you never heard of an esignature

>See how that turned out?
good? the euro's always stronger than the dollar

>chips
>infancy
they've been around for fucking decades m8

Magnetic strips however are very easy to clone these days.

The security of the chip is largely voided by the existence of the strip still being in place though. As long as retailers accept swipe, it's all fucking pointless.
Since ATMs won't accept the strip that's a bonus, though.

Eventually they'll get contactless and call them Tap and Claps.

Some company's adopted the tech early before the mandatory dead line. But then to make things weird some companies went to court to have their dead line extended. Most gas station wont update for years.

There are also now different kinds of stripes Check yours. A black stripe is the old tech. If its silver with rings along it its the new stripe that is way way better. This cause confusion because some card issuers only updated the stripe and did not add a chip. Because of this the dead line for those card issuers were pushed back because of standing laws saying they dont have to issue new cards with updated tech if they did in the past X ago.

Summing it all up America is TRYING to update but its a huge clusterfuck because mostly no one wants to pay to upgrade.

>Paper

just put the golden thing head first in the machine and let it here until it's over.

it's literally just useing your card as a dick to inseminate money in this card reader whore

the delusion is real

>Twice
Like twenty times already man.

Even though you are one?
Only America makes fun of America

youtube.com/watch?v=BVnwkDbeARw

Seems to shoot just fine

Maybe if the black man stopped pointing a gun at the cop he wouldn't have been shot :^)

Who fucking cares about credit cards, Most people use debit in their day to day lives and some don't even have CCs at all.

This. I work at a publix and holy shit we just got chips and every single customer is a "wait put card back in, remove it, try again", most of them insert the card backwards and wonder what's wrong, making queues get big.

This, chips suck ass and take 10x as long to process and aren't nearly as fun to use as swiping.

The euro has +15 country economies backing it and it still has periods of falling behind the U.S. dollar.

You can brag about it being stronger than the dollar sometimes if you want, but the fact that almost the entirety of Europe can't rival the U.S. is objective proof the euro isn't in any way superior.

>not using glorious paywave or whatever the fuck it is called in other countries

Peasants.

that's clearly a black midget. Probably a thug. I bet his dad had a gun. Police are never wrong.

we've had contactless in australia for at least five years now

how the fuck is america so far behind?

Yeah.. You euros live in the bubble wrap continent. Not like you have to contend with real dangerous individuals or gangs with artillary and military grade weaponry.

Soft as soft serve.

Hey, if you have any counter arguments I'd love to hear them

I'm sure your sub 10 million people nation makes all sorts of high tech chairs

funny how even then europe manages to be less violent and more civilized than america

really makes you think

You can literaily write "I am a crook" on the signsture panel and it works. I've done it before.

Niggers AND autists? Twice the value.

The extra security is pretty fucking functional considering they're hard to clone and you need to know the PIN, which in some countries can be well over 10 digits.

Swipe cards have virtually no authentication, can be cloned easily, and tap cards from my experience come with a phone app, so you can lock it if you lose it, and unlock it when you find it.

>want to use debit exclusively and only spend money I actually have
>can't even rent a fucking apartment without building a credit score
Thanks, Obama

>this is what americans really believe.

>live on American Army base overseas
>work at the gas station
>just got chip update
>guests must also go through another swiping process before paying for fuel due to a ration program
>attempting to use the bank card first charges you but doesn't complete the transaction due to a bug
>one lady charged herself four times because she didn't read the screen or heed instructions
This is what happens when the lowest bidder programs your payment system.

>buy nothing but vidya and junk food
>add a second FFXI account to my credit card and account gets locked due to suspiscious activity
>charge a pair of women's shoes while I'm in a completely different state and no one bats an eye

what the fuck man?

>European cops manage to protect people

But you put it before the cashier asks you to.
As soon as you reach the fuckin thing you put it in and type your code.
You don't have to wait for the cashier to finish scanning.

You know what's the problem here? The fact that fucking people from Usa rely on what their country achivements are without being part of them themselves.
>But... America dominates the electric vehicle market!
Sure, the people who manage the electric vehicle marketing are good, that doesn't change the fact that 80% of their population are just ignorant fat fucks.

>can shoot a gun from a white man's hand
>but can't hit a retarded guy sitting down
>but can put two bullets in the guy laying down on the ground

America's finest

Genuinely curious, how old are you? Do you get this angry at most things you don't understand?

As hard as it is to go through extra security because some asshats blew up the towers, which is really easy.

Doesn't mean I want to waste my time.

Because the roaming rape gangs that now adorn every major EU city that go ignored by your "police" means you're civilized.

>Bank suddenly issues new card with chip
>Have to delete old card and add new for ebay, amazon, etc.
>Go to grocery store
>Chip reader takes twice as long to clear than old card
>Go to another store
>"Sorry, our chip reader is broken please swipe"
>Pass by gamestop
>Laugh at people who still waste time/money there
>Still hate the chip on my card

>dangerous individuals or gangs with artillary and military grade weaponry.

Tell your congress to stop giving them guns then, famalam.

No reason to with Amazon Prime. You even get pretty big discounts on new games.

>he thinks debit cards don't have chips too
>he thinks the big credit card companies don't also use their infrastructure for debit cards
stupid faggot

>americlaps shot dead by police in 2015
>990
>bonglanders shot dead by police in 2015
>3
US cops really are great.

Tell that to your russian neighbors asshole.

What of your country's achievements are you party to, out of curiosity?

>and it still has periods of falling behind the U.S. dollar
lol

>i-it's not fair, it's 15v1
>it doesn't count!

sure thing, ameripoor

Welcome to the entire world user

Do you think European or British commonwealth countries bragging that an American company implemented a credit card technology in their countries sooner are any better? Or do you just conveniently turn a blind eye to it?

That's the real problem here, you are just as bad as those ignorant americans.

>god why cant the cops just shoot the perp already muh justice *mumble grumble*

>I've got fraud protection as part of my banking package
>I literally don't fucking care about the chip.
The people paying for your fraud protection probably give a shit, retard. And look at that, they're the ones issuing chips and making merchants liable if they don't use them.

are we being raided by /biz/?

>over 16 years

1400 children will probably be shot, raped, or killed in one day in the United States.

>Buying Deus Ex Mankind Divided at Gamestop
>Paying for game with my card and give Gamestop customer support the usual $5 tip
>After verifying, GS rep says it didn't go through and I need to swipe
>Check bank statement this month and it charged me twice
>Now I have to drive 7 miles to go to the next closest Gamestop

>US police uncover an islamic paedophile ring
>shoot the black children and leave
>another case solved

Your continent
>proxy wars and actual conflict
Ours
>drug dealers

At least we don't destroy entire cities constantly.

>European cops are so cool and professional

>Currency level is indicative of economic power
What the fuck are they teaching in schools? You realize "strong" currency means fuck all except relative prices of imports/exports?

China keeps its currency as weak as possible because it makes its economy stronger.

>Work at a grocery store
>These fucking hicks still haven't got the chip reader installed on the registers
>Literally every time I ring someone up I get "oh does this not have the chip"
>"No sir/mam, just scan"
>"Oh ok"
>Every fucking time
>Every fucking day
>Every fucking week
WHY? HOW CAN IT BE EVERYONE'S FIRST TIME AT THIS STORE? IT DOESN'T CHANGE. WHAT THE FUCK DOES THIS SHITTY CHIP THING EVEN DO BESIDES MAKE PEOPLE WAIT LONGER FOR IT TO PROCESS? FUCK OFF ALREADY.

>Euros
Good luck with Italy.
Enjoy you're stagnation and imminent banking crash.

>ITT people who are paranoid about Muh hackers and muh government

>UK abandons chips in favour of NFC at the same time Americans get chip and pin.

Try to keep up Burgers.

>m-m-m-muh Russian boogeyman

Why do Americans have such a hard on for Russia?

I go on le Cred Forums too! xD

>europoors are seriously, unironically trying to bant with america about economy

You poor soul, you have no clue do you, you sheltered neckbeard?

google.com/finance?cid=6988887

Europe is on its way to complete collapse, check Cred Forums, it's fucking happening

MARK.
OF.
THE.
BEAST.
Yet you non worthy fucks will worship the beast and taste God's wrath.

NFC a shit

>be American
>foreigners obsess over you despite ocean's worth of distance between you
>use American social media and image boards
>foreigners follow you there
>never stop talking about you
>never leave to go back to their own social media
>they learn English just hang with you more efficiently
>and all you did was exist

>At least we don't destroy entire cities constantly.
kek

>use apple pay
>asks for a signature after my thumbprint was scanned
What the shit?

*tips fedora*

>WHAT THE FUCK DOES THIS SHITTY CHIP THING EVEN DO
Prevent merchantfags like you from stealing credit card details

>tfw Southern grandma is going senile and keeps flipping her shit about chips and how this is the beginning of the end

Just shut the fuck up and let me suck dick in peace, Grandma.

But we're right next to you, fampai

Gamestop stopped being worth a damn when they stopped carrying PS2 games.

Like you.

at least it's a problem that came from outside

you have domestic high rates of
rape
shootings
robberies

and more

enjoy your money, 3rd worlder

of there is a "mark of the best". then its probably smart phones.

What does the chip or NFC Do with security
If you have to keep changing the damn thing maybe it don't work

>Cash is faster than cards again due to this dumb ass chip.
Congratulations!

>let me suck dick in peace, Grandma.
What the fuck?

Pretty much all stores do that.

You're cool though. We've always liked you.

>not paying with cash exclusively

>posts ancient photograph

Must be a typo, or your english must suck.

At least we don't destroy cities constantly.*

if*

>Blowing dudes while your grandma is within 50 feet of you, in the same house

Have you no shame?

>have friends that work with banks and the people that make these damn chips
>every american cant understand it
>they understand its more secure
>but anything past it is beyond their understanding
i appreciate that we have the chips now but the only reason we didnt for so long was due to americans being retards thinking its simple and quick.

i still dont have my card with the chip yet and im already on top of what needs to happen to ensure no issues occur.

the chip is not a hard thing to deal with. its not as slow as you expect. it only becomes slow when the owner fucks shit up and assumes its a quick process.

SHUT THE FUCK UP AMERIFAT

>get new card
>have to use chip
>sorry ma'am our chip is broken please swipe
>sorry you have to use the chip
>switch to Apple Pay
>never have to deal with this shit again

Fuck chip

no they dont

>paying at all

None, but I'm not a presumptuous bastard that goes everywhere talking about how americans are great because of their companies.
Not really, I wasn't defending british or europeans, if they do the same then they're just stupid too.

What are chips? The guy at Subway ask me if I have a chip and I just say no, because I don't know what he's talking about.

Not that user, but the state I live in is bigger than scandiwegian nations with a comparable rate of murder, rape, etc.

In short im pretty cozy watching black people riot over another criminal being killed in the knowledge that they are over 2000 miles away

>work as a wage slave cashier at giant american warehouse store
>Have chip readers
>If your card has a chip you fucking have to use it
>our shitty readers give us errors like 60% of the time
>Actually inputting card numbers would be easier if it didnt require a manager key turn to do

>check Cred Forums
>i-it's happening
lmao

keep believing your fairytales, tyrone, keep me informed in your doomsdays theories. what's next, Trump being elected and kicking out all immigrants?

any time now

>being a poorfag

You're a one in a million on this site, my friend

when was the last time bongland destroyed a city

Some extra security measure. thats does fuck all

You can buy the chips they have by the counter. Usually sun chips, baked lays, stuff like that. I wouldn't recommend it, not worth the price.

you don't stay rich by spending the shit senpai

Yet you didn't respond to them, you responded to the American, why is that?

a chip you get implanted on your hand for quick and easy pay

Are you fucking retarded or did you mess the stocks of DB completely crashing to an all time low and still getting lower and lower.

>m-muh Cred Forums

Broken clock etc

>use apple pay
>you have to sign after you scanned your thumbprint
Why?

I only have paper money for buying fast food or convenience items. It's annoying to have though. We really should just away with it. It's not like it's even backed by anything any more.

Maximus kek

The accumulation of excess wealth is actively detrimental for the economy.

>we didn't understood
anti-amerians everybody

Because android are cucks and live in the past

Don't get rich by going to jail either tyrone.

>ma'am
Well well, looks we got ourselves a girly over here boys

I'll let you know when I accumulate some fucks

>city

they destroyed an entire country

>anti-amerian
Americans, everybody.

Why have both options though? Just remove the fucking bar from cards and go full chip.

The last time a citizen left its shores. You fuckers destroyed half the planet, fuck off. (Couldn't even maintain the fucking empire you built, even more of a "fuck off" to the rest of the world)

Why do you shop at (((gamestop)))

Yeah pretty much answered yourself dumbass

>implying that poster is not just a tranny
he thought he heard ma'am

Cash is like a fedora for your wallet.

That's dumb as shit. It should be tap and go, not tap, ask for a dollar donation to St Jude and sign. There's no benefit anymore.

WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH GAMES REPORTED

is america the country of terror, you guys seem to be scared of everything?

idk about gamestop but where i work we have a chip reader but it was never turned on for some reason.

butthurt americlap, eh?

Does this make Trump a fellow poorfag?

>anti-amerians

>innocent people

>Paying cash rather than getting credit card benefits at a profit
>Paying the extra amounts that subsidize card users without getting the benefits
Thanks buddy, it's all thanks to you

>2014 to 2015

Drop it like it's hot!

And with England jumping ship like they did with Dunkirk, it's going to drop even more.

Only thing keep it up there is German STEEEEEEEEEL.

>Oh, wait. I can just tap now
>Insert please
Why do retailers do this?

>backing your currency with gold

But hurt individual from the other side of the pond. Yeah. Your continent as a whole is terrible. Nationality irrelevant.

Hey man, someone has to be Americas hat.

And we appreciate you for it, eh.

>grandson is blowing dudes 50 feet from her
>more concerned about chips being the beginning of the end
The grandma clearly doesn't

y u gotta be so mad americlap?

Zing!

The number of fucks I give is asymptote to 1.

>He uses paper money created by fiat

>Cred Forums - National Origin Discrimination and Baby Economics

>implying I'm supposed to stop sucking dick in my own house

If she can't follow the "if the mouths a sucking don't come talking" rule that's not my problem.