Is there a real world version of metal gear?

Is there a real world version of metal gear?

does the real life version surpass metal gear?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TFNSGjHs_do
youtu.be/Bk7aBSUAozE?t=7m21s
strawpoll.de/8y5d52x
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes, my dick

closest things would be those things made by boston dynamics I guess.

youtube.com/watch?v=TFNSGjHs_do

The whole reason that planes fly and automobiles roll on wheels is because two legs are a shitty means of efficient travel. So no. Japs are dumb.

kill it with fire

something smaller and more drone like its possible, and somehow viable.

But rex, ray are too big, and the gekkos are too complex to what they do.

the only possible application in real life for them would be in rocky or uneven terrain, but even then, it would slow people down with having wait for it, maintain it, if you came under fire it would be a liability in combat, etc. I don't see stuff like this being practical enough to get mainstream attention in the foreseeable future.

>metal gear is a vehicle mainly used for transportation, like cars and planes
Holy shit, how can you even breath without assistance?

Still, if your goal is just to deliver payloads of nuclear warheads, there's different kinds of mobile artillery or bombers that would be much better suited than a stupid walking robot.

peace day never came

nuclear submarines surpass all metal gears because they are stealthy and don't get blown the fuck up by secret agents

Peace maker

Ray is the best Metal Gear

Sallythrobbinpuss

KYS

Surely you're jesting

of course, everyone knows Rex is best

Right below Ray, yeah

I agree that Rex is stronger, but Ray looks cooler.

Stronger, I dunno. Rex may have kicked Ray's shit in in MGS4 but Ray was specifically built as an anti metal gear metal gear. And, let's not forget, swimming.

can't argue with the boss

>anti metal gear

>losses to a metal gear

Was just the circumstances man, I don't fuckin know

The original ray from mgs2 looked good.
Then they fucked up the model's shoulders, but also was a downgrade from the original model used in the 1st shown trailer, when its... arms? wave to swim in the water.
youtu.be/Bk7aBSUAozE?t=7m21s

But then came 4, and the new ones with worse animations.

It was made to take it on by sheer numbers. Ray was created specifically to be cheaper to mass produce than Rex. It was not made to fight 1vs1.

humanoid robots or gundams only start making sense once you advanced to fighting aliens in space wars.

so it has to act like a nigger to win?

not superior then

They're probably too situational/expensive to ever be useful. Maybe in the distant future it'll be a hobby sport, that's what I'm looking forward to.

But the niggers always win.
Heh, fairness doesn't mean a whole lot on the battlefield kid. *Flicks ciggerete*

More like several small kids taking down a high schooler. Besides, there is no "fair" in war.

Military companies/DARPA could build one in theory but it'd be a piece of shit in real life so they don't bother.

ray is best metal gear because aquatic mechs literally always have the best designs of their series
always

*teleports behind*

You think that was the end of this?

*unsheathes katana*

This is now a Zoids thread

this is the closest we will get

Z'Gok is shit

Best game.

*rest fingers on the revolver*

Shinkawa is best

if that was true ray would look better than rex but he doesnt

S-SNAKE! WATCH OUT!

Timeout!

My tendies are here, we can continue later!

>can't stand up without grotesque plastic support

rexfags will defend this

No, because in reality metal gears would be impractical as fuck

You're that ninja...

>two legs are a shitty means of efficient travel

It works for Usain Bolt

>rexfags will defend a ray figure

what

But i was about to give the kicker to the plot...
Hurry up.

vote if you're not a faggot

strawpoll.de/8y5d52x

Not when I'm riding a bicycle user

He just has to run fast, not climb over whack ass terrain

mechs are legit retarded with zero applications in the battlespace

Climbing over terrain is what makes Metal Gear great. Wheels can't do it and treads would break.

Exactly, I'm pro bipedalism. Shagohod did treads alright, though

Did anyone ever translate the sequel?

Mechs this tall are easy prey for attack helos and tanks as well. Also bipedal mechanic joints are immensely impractical, there's way too much structural stress going on and they require constant lubrication. The taller the mech is, the more expensive maintenance become, the heavier the beast gets, eventually a real-life Ray would just sink to bottom of the Hudson river.

, 2 years ago... we had classified intelligence that a new type of metal gear was scheduled for transport. The whole thing stank. But our noses had been out in the cold for too long.