New watchdogs parkour looks great, huh guys?

New watchdogs parkour looks great, huh guys?
R-right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=138ajKRMzIY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Holy fuck is this real

Swear to fucking god.

Oh wow

Ubisoft isn't even trying anymore are they?

Phoneposter, link youtube pls.

hip and trendy like the cool kids say

Looks alrigh.

all the effort was put into for honor

youtube.com/watch?v=138ajKRMzIY

I enjoyed this, friend. Is there a name for this type of editing style?

>H-HE GOT OVER THE BENCH

what went wrong?

I find Ubisoft to be amazing, it wonders me how a company can fuck up more and more with each new release of a game.

>tfw there will never be a good hacking game
What is so dam hard to understand

What's wrong with Far Cry 4? i played it and really liked it, haven't finished it because fuck playing fps on consoles but it wasn't that bad.

Ubisoft games = Amazing potential, horrid execution.

I wanna die

looks fine to me

>that wonky as fuck picnic table ass slide
>that handstand over the bench
>that 100% unnecessary backflip
jesus christ, how did they not learn a damn thing? mafia 3 and lookpups2 are just gonna be the watchdogs release all over again

why. the parkour in wd1 was good

This is like Majora's Mask Link jumping at certain points in the game. Nothing here's all that gamebreaking, I'd focus more on the characters, plot, and minute to minute gameplay.

Agreed. I like 3 a bit, but I really liked 4. Primal was some dirty reused asset bullshit, but 4 was great.

Looks like you lose all your momentum to play a predefined animation, which ruins the purpose of parkour to begin with. A classic jump button would be better gameplay wise. I guess this looks good in their scripted "gameplay" trailers.

>Like jumping over picnic tables and diving over a stool when landing on your feet is actually faster.

Parkour for babies

Am I supposed to be mad over this?

Siege*

So on the subject of games about nefarious characters who use hacking to dispense subjective justice. What are some fun games with hacking as their main theme?

lol why

Hip!

Siege belongs in the shit with the rest

This is literally the lamest fucking thing I've ever seen. You just know the animation guys or the mocap department were jerking each other off about this for weeks. And look at it. It's lame.

>Farcry Primal
I forgot that game exists

That stupid fucking backflip off the ledge. I've stunt inline skated for 15 years and even I think it's stupid. Who is the target audience for this unrefined bullshittery?

Uplink wasn't too bad

Wow this is something kids did on the playground when playing tag

>Ubisoft will inevitably take the fact that Far Cry Primal failed as a sign that novel and rarely seen settings don't work, instead of a sign that lazy fucking game design doesn't work

I think someone must've told them that Parkour was "in" at the moment, not knowing they missed that boat by like 4 years and it's not really much of a fad anymore.

t. CSGO baby

Remember the kid that could run up the slide? That's the MC. Never forget the old days

Novel and rarely seen settings are often novel or rarely seen for a reason.

I had zero interest in this game before I knew it would be a full priced release or that it was just a massive recycling project because the idea wasn't interesting.

What was it going to do that I wasn't already able to do by wandering FC4 with the shitty wooden bow? Did it even add chuckable spears?

You think Siege is less of a baby game than CSGO? How much does this opinion cost Ubisoft?

>plays team of duty cowafortress 2, and even defends it
>calls other people babies

hackmud my dude

>he couldn't run up the slide

how do you even play tag with a weakness like that?

Quadrilateral Cowboy you dumb butt

both of them are good

>that heat burn from the skin on metal.

Never forget.

I'm going to go ahead and check this

This is some delicious retardation. Thanks for validating my point and proved you've never even touched the game at the same time.

Quads?

>team of duty cowafortress 2
I too can spew buzzwords at a breakneck pace, I just choose not to so I don't look like a dribbling retard

no
prince of persia had good parkour

>What was it going to do that I wasn't already able to do by wandering FC4 with the shitty wooden bow? Did it even add chuckable spears?
Yeah, that's the thing, it would've been really cool if they'd added a more in depth melee combat system, but they didn't, it's the same awkward, floaty shit as it was in FC3 and 4

Another problem was it took itself seriously somehow, blood dragon worked because it was over the top fun, if you got to like ride pterodactyls around and have crazy dino bone armor like something out of the flintstones it probably would have gone over better

nice quads

Right, I get that, but I wrote the whole thing off as a dead loss before it came out. They could have innovated their asses off, unless it became a big deal how great it was, I was never going to look at it.

SAY IT WITH ME
>BIGGEST

WE

WUZ

witnessed

>Parkour is slower than just running around the object

What's the fucking point then

overused bad meme shitters

But you still look like a dribbling retard, if you wanted that to stop you should really just stop posting.

>complaining about memes
>uses the word shitter
you have to go back

Is it 2004 again?

WITNESSED

>I know you are but what am I
oh, oh you got me, better sudoku

>got rekt and he got Quads

why even live

ur mum is overused

Honestly, I enjoyed the system in the first Watchdogs. The animations felt cool, ESPECIALLY if you were just near an explosion and jump over something, Aiden does one of three(?) different kinds of stumble which feels great. Vaulting into people leads to a knockout and the only animations which was sometimes funky was the one where you boost off a wall with one foot, and even then that was only sometimes.

The new "ayyy mang" Watchdogs is filling it with pointless flips and shit, wild moves that only serve to slow you down. I liked the practicality of the first one's movement. Now it's "wuh huh hoa dude, watch me do this sick flip" while you are in the middle of a fucking gunfight.

>heroes
>weapon skins
>"charms"
>kill cam
>pacing taken literally from call of duty
>no tactical gameplay what so ever, just corner peaking
it's shit.

>calling classes heroes
>cosmetics mean HURR TEE EF 2
>slow corner peaking is "cod pacing"
>environment destruction, flanking, and gadgets don't exist
Oh man, and I though you might have not been a retard, one last (you) don't spend it all in one place

I'm working on one but whenever I try and make a hacking games thread it dies after ~10 posts

Which is a shame because its an entire genre, with as many new titles coming out soon as there have been released so far, its expanding.

>heroes
Not an argument
>weapon skins
Not an argument
>"charms"
Not an argument
>kill cam
Killcam is in casual because casual. Ranked has it only because of the hacker situation early on. Hackers are gone, so they're probably going to get rid of it
>pacing taken literally from call of duty
Not an argument
>no tactical gameplay what so ever, just corner peaking
"I didn't play the game at all"

RADICAL

This looks like those shitty arma jumping animations

>Calling heroes classes
>Defending this bullshit in a tactical game in the first place
What a garbage fire of a human being you are.

>Cosmetics mean tf2
No, they mean Call of Duty you mong. The "heroes" bullshit means TF2.

>slow corner peaking
>slow
o i am laffin

>Implying shitty proc wall destruction saves the game from being casual bullshit made to appeal to the lowest common denominator.
also
>Flanking
Literally every single fucking FPS has this are you a fucking moron. For christ sakes it was a staple mechanic of Wolf3D. How can one person be so fucking retarded god damn my sides.

don't feed the animals please, just let it starve itself

Literally: What's up with the youth? The Game

ok how about
>no real freedom with a loadout, have to abide by whatever the devs choose for you with very small amounts of wiggle room
>time spent on garbage cosmetic shit instead of actually making a decent tactical shooter
>Having a fucking casual mode in the first place
>Implying they are ever going to get rid of it
>Implying it's not an argument
read the thread
>It's slightly less viable to run and gun, it's a tactical shooter gaiz!

It's an arcade shooter that only appeals to casuals who think they aren't casual. It's about as "hardcore" as Battlefield.

A shallow FPS made without a shred of passion that sells its soul for dumb-ass F2P motifs and the only argument that can be constructed in it's favor is "WELL THE COSMETICS HURT NO ONE" as if that's even the argument being made in the first place.

so what's gonna flop harder, leet hacking tubular parkour nerds or mafia ft. not the mafia?

This is, honestly, the single dumbest fucking thing I've ever seen in a video game. Holy shit.

So what really goes on in ubisoft's mind?

As horrible as the animations are, and how dumb it looks ingame, those are all real moves aren't they? I'm pretty sure they are.

Parkour is about two things: getting to a place fast, and doing it "in style".

So like.. they got something right, for once, right?

Gotta get those hip young O.G. children bux, if you know what I mean dude... cuz yo that's tight pal

Why are you so mean to this game?

Are you actively going to protest people buying this and mock them in the streets?

>Let's maximize profits but not spending a whole lot on development. It worked the first time.

jesus fucking christ i want this to fail harder than battleborn

why don't you play hackthissite or picoctf or something sheesh
it doesn't get more realistic than that

>Quadrilateral Cowboy
>great game having so much fun
>get to what feels like halfway point in game
>THANKS FOR PLAYING

i would've been PISSED if i bought it
playermade levels when?

I had to rewatch the picnic table slide a few times to understand what the fuck was going on, but I don't see anything offensively bad about these animations. It's not like they're trying to make a hyper realistic GTA clone, having a bit of charm isn't bad.

ubisoft should focus on Siege

Ghost recon is on the edge

>effort
>3 game modes over 15 years

its the second good game they made in the last few years, id say that they either hired a competent dev or are playing the russian roulette game

What is this shit? I was expecting another quality product from Ubisoft.

>That kid who wavedashed up the slide to get onto the tarp covering the jungle gym.
HOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Reminder

One of Sieges devs literally has one arm

I had plastic slides

HEY KIDS, DO YOU LIKE PARKOUR?

DO YOU LIKE THOSE STREET FLIPS?

DO YOU WANT TO "HACK THE PLANET"?

BUY WATCH DOGS 2, YO. SPECIFICALLY CATERED FOR "THE NEXT GENERATION" JUST LIKE YOU, AND ME, TOO!

Half-right.

Parkour is all about econony of movement and traversing your environment efficiently. There aren't any stupid fucking bullshit standing backflips off walls in parkour because there's no goddamn point, but that picnic table slide would be legit if it was faster than running around it, which it isn't.

This bullshit is freerunning, which focuses more on style and "moves" than pure efficiency, the park bench and backflip are completely goddamn unnecessary and done solely to "look cool".

>It's a 'let's design a game by market analysis!' episode.

>
Not parkour. That's "freerunning," which is a dumbed down version of parkour (back when it was hip) focused on ugly, flamboyant time-wasting instead of forward momentum and efficient travel. Ubisoft has been slowly leaking this "flashy" crap into their AC games since AC3. They've finally gone off the deep end with it.

What is even the point if it's slower than just going around the obstacle?

If this was true you'd be able to fuck the qtboi in the expressive mask since that's apparently all anyone gives a shit about

It's funny.

The game is aimed at hip American teen generation. It will have racemixing, LGBT characters, the plot is about a battle against corporations controlled by the suit and tie wearing older generation. This is a game for America!

Fuckups.

nothing wrong with racemixing, a qt is a qt regardless of color, and will pass those qt genes down

eXtreme bench flips!

>that crazy flip over the park bench
Its so stupid, and yet so amazing.
I can't believe that someone somewhere actually thought that looked cool.

What the fuck is that gay ass shit

>interpretive furniture vaulting: hipster edition

Bravissimo, Ubisoft.

po...post pics?

>there will never be a hacking game with the aesthetic of Blood Dragon

It's such a natural combination, why haven't they done it?

And no one will have natural hair, expect a rainbow snowcone of scalps with problem glasses in the 1337 hax0r team.