Best girl

is agnes uhh.... acceptable?

Magnolia was looking to be a cool character but then the game came out and she just becomes the MC's waifu
How did this happen

Was Bravely Second any good?

Better/worse than the first?

IDK but i'm just happy they made Edea way more rounded and complex in second. it's like she sucked up all the character devellopement in that game

Unacceptable > Mgrmgr

game play wise second is more balanced and more enjoyable

story wise, is on it's toes as BD. however, it lacks some spice on the ending chapters

Pretty much more of the same. BD's strong points are even stronger, but the weak points aren't really improved at all.

I don't have any proof, but I strongly suspect that the sequel hook movie in Default was made before they had even started writing Second's plot

removing the "repetition" wasn't a good improvement?

I was ready to hate on Yew for being the main character instead of Magnolia but he grew on me. The hawkeye class having big dumb cowboy hats instead of feathers pisses me off still though

thank god he stoped being a steriotipical hero-bitchy guy at the mid-game

>second is more balanced and more enjoyable

More balanced in what way?

>but the weak points aren't really improved at all.

OK cool. For the record, what would you consider the "weak points"?

>OK cool. For the record, what would you consider the "weak points"?

That the exploration and dungeon crawling isn't really fun or engaging at all.

they made some major buffs and nerfs on some jobs (also removing that fairy ward job )

that user is a liar, game is so easy to fuck over, you can spam limit breaks over and over in the same fight and the new 'ghost' status affect makes a character invincible but only able to cast magic which is too good a deal for magic classes

Second allows you to Brave multiple times in the menu, which makes it easy to do the same action multiple times. It also adds the Spellcraft function from the new Wizard class, which makes magic really, really useful. Summoner turns from one of Default's weakest classes into one of Second's strongest classes.

I dunno. Defaults "puzzles" were mostly just flicking switches until the door opens. Not to say that Second isn't also guilty of that, but it also has puzzles based on opening some pathways while closing off others, like in the Harena Sea Caves.

Yes

Neither game is difficult at all.
One really annoying thing about Second though is that endgame/postgame items cost a ridiculous amount of money that I could never grind for even with me making the maximum amount of money possible in a fight over and over again, the prices have way too many digits on them!

I haven't finished BD because exams and the reset crippling my ability and desire to play the game, but yeah, Spiritmaster is busted, especially with the free MP passive from Red Mage. You can even take a powerful second job like Performer or Summoner instead of White Mage because of various equipment providing all the relevant healing spells. Just Brave 4 times every turn and Convert BP once or twice and you can wreck for the other moves.

yeah.. i only finished BD only for the story. But since it was on vacation maybe i wasn't stressed as you did

i am requesting Agnes only in bravo bikini.

They are much better than any of the other FF games recently

that was the point of BD in the first place. also Edea Lee has so much more character devellopement than any modern FF character

this is more than acceptable

The story wasn't as good. But, it made up for it with some of the smaller episodes and any time the focus shifted away from Yew and onto Edea. Still, as cliche and unadventurous as it might have been, it's pleasant and far less draining than the first game.

Gameplay wise, it's too easy to just level up past any difficulty, and there's no real incentive not to. Also, the right class abilities can easily combine into unbeatable strategies. But, it's fun, and there's a couple challenges that might slow down player who might not have the right mix of classes.

Overall, while the first was spectacular, Second was simply good, but helped bring a nice end to the series by providing some closure.

Except, there's a third one coming, so yeah.

>the first was spectacular

The first half of the first one was spectacular. Then it turned into annoying dogshit.

That's what you get for not trimming your sniz

Got any magnolia ?

thanks man

No problem.

My favorite.

Why God. I forgot about her and now she's back. Fuck I hated the writing in Bravely Default and she was the worst.

Fav BD and BS jobs

BD: Dark knightespecially comboed with Spell fencer and Spirit master

BS: Exorcist and guardian

>our coup de gravy!
>coup de gravy!
>gravy gravy gravy gravy gravy
Damn near endless. Over and over again unironically like it was supposed to motivate you

Shame she was an evil bitch. Would've given her the eternal D.

I'm playing BD for the first time. Any tips? I've never been too good with job systems and I'm curious if I'll have to go and grind my ass off to level these up or if I can just swap around as I please and get a good chunk of them leveled up
I remember hearing something about Norende/villagers playing a role in the actual story. Am I fucked if I have no one around here to streetpass with?
Was the AR movie at the start supposed to paint everything blood-red? Shit was kinda spooky

Getting to lvl 5 for each job should be pretty easy, but maxing out jobs is a real grind. Luckily, there are a lot of spots you can use to grind them out easily. iirc, you can also turn off xp gain if you don't want to always be outleveling the areas while grinding jobs.

Norende doesn't have a real impact on the story, but it does help with getting some high-tier gear early. You can get some from just updating your in-game data every day.

shit's fucked yo

iirc BD is stupid and has your attack power depend on your current job's level so you will always feel that you are under-performing when you switch classes

The game rewards you for leveling up multiple jobs per character. For instance, once a job reaches level 8, the JP needed for the next level becomes significantly higher. You could level another job up to 8 in the time it takes you to get the first job up to 9. You start getting way more JP after Chapter 4, so don't worry about the giant JP gap.

There's no real need to grind levels. As long as you fight just about every encounter, you should stay within the level curve.

As for Norende, you can talk to the Adventurer and update your Streetpass data there. You'll get at most 10 villagers a day, so there's no worry if you don't have anybody to Streetpass with.

Also, when getting Streetpass Nemeses, be on the lookout for a Japanese Mammon. It'll be about level 25. If you find one and the steal item is an Elixir, DO NOT KILL IT. Those Elixirs are worth something like 25000 pg, and you can farm them by leaving the fight and returning to it later.

only some mammons have buggy elixirs, I would think the chances of finding one after all this time is unlikely, I mean wouldn't someone have to send away one of their mammons to another village. I don't think they appear naturally.

You can send Nemeses without them leaving your village. The only way to get rid of one is to either kill it or have it be overwritten by another Nemesis, and the protection feature overrides that last one.

I always turn voice acting off so this shouldn't be a problem for me.