Chimp Out Simulator 2016

Is anyone here playing SMASH+GRAB? It just came out and is hurting for players, but I think it's really fun so I'm gonna try and post about it here and spread the word.

Basically, it's a third-person MOBA from the Sleeping Dogs developers. It has sort of an action brawler-style combat and is set in an edgy setting that feels kind of like The Warriors mixed with Akira. (One of the characters is literally described as a wicked nihilist.)

They're doing shit all to market it feels like, so I just wanted to make a thread to see who's playing and maybe get some people interested.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LE4BEghEKkI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I bought it then refunded cus it's dead, but I'll rebuy it later if they fix optimization and somehow get players

They just made a statement saying optimization is a high priority, but the lack of players is really worrying.

>Third person Moba

Immediately dropped. Why do multiplayer game developers do this shit? Nobody wants to play an inferior (or even superior) version of a game that everyone already plays.

there's no way they will get any players unless they make it free to play. that's the only option especially since this shit was dead on release, it will only go downhill from here

It's a MOBA in the sense that it has characters with abilities and you run down streets that act like lanes with your AI gang members.

But it plays more like a brawler where two teams race to loot as much money as possible.

I assume F2P after Early Access is inevitable.

They're fucking idiots
Hey let's release this piece of shit in beta version, and make people PAY to TEST our game.

I get it when it's a big name coming out people will be desperate, because there's a bunch of hype built on the name/franchise/characters or whatever. But some cheap moba with some random characters no one gives a fuck about, no wonder it's craving for players, who the fuck is going to waste $15 on a stillborn game no one gives a fuck about.

At the very least they need to pay some popular streamers to get a few hundred new players every week, even crap like Faerie can pay for mainstream streamers, if sleeping dogs devs are that stupid then they sealed their own fate.

So it's an uncreative "Let's combine these two things together with no sense of rational, reason, or optimization, just for the sake of "it's what's popular"" shitfest? cool

Then why call it a moba?
That word triggers more asspain than any other genre label in video games

because it's not an rpg, it's not a fighting game, it's not a shooter, it's not a simulator, it's not a visual novel, it's a fucking moba, not like it matters what they call it anyway.

is this a BLM game?

why on earth would I play this
If me and other people play it they'll have to continue developing it, which just decreases my chances of seeing sleeping dogs 2

Honestly if United Front shits out two flops in a row they probably will never get to make a Sleeping Dogs 2.

It's not hard to see that it's a MOBA. I don't like MOBAs, like I really hate them. League of Legends and Dota 2 are unplayable to me. But this separates itself from those games to be entertaining to me. It's still obviously a MOBA, but it's not about destroying towers and shit.

it also triggers more sales than any other genre label in video games.

>because it's not an rpg, it's not a fighting game, it's not a shooter, it's not a simulator, it's not a visual novel
It's not a "moba" either. Fuck off. It's a third person action game.

Genre doesn't matter, it's a really fun game.

So is this Triad Wars or w/e the Sleeping Dogs devs were making?

Kys

It's the leftovers of it probably. Triad Wars was a Sleeping Dogs MMO but got cancelled.

youtube.com/watch?v=LE4BEghEKkI
Looks fun.

That's a pretty big assumption from someone that's never even played it

are you aware that theres millions of games that are good that can be boiled down to your statement? Idiot.

The more I look at Hi-Rez the more I think their MP business model makes sense.
Have the game be F2P, allow players to buy a pack that guarantees them all gameplay altering shit for free (all the characters, etc), and have a cosmetic microtransaction shop on top of that.
You need the F2P element to get players in if you are a smaller company.

Hi-Rez has made me feel that way about every F2P game I play now, I play a lot of Dirty Bomb and I honestly wish I could just unlock every merc/bronze loadout present and future for $60. Then have just the cosmetic loadouts the worry about.