What is the most emotional game you've ever played?

What is the most emotional game you've ever played?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CoMix_Wave_Films
youtube.com/watch?v=4PqlOkxcI-8
vocaroo.com/i/s0owLXLFnzYa
youtube.com/watch?v=zHdOXCoja-c&ab_channel=iiRbored
youtube.com/watch?v=Ufnoiz4ZCOw
youtube.com/watch?v=eov1mmCWm84
youtube.com/watch?v=PAGgO3sUGm8
youtube.com/watch?v=rmUd9y7DCZc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

God Hand

Dragon Quest V

Wtachdogs. It's so bad I cried.

nfl blitz 2000

Brothers

This honestly

>tfw no cake feet

mgs 1 2 3, and 4, maybe.

I guess the end of Shadowrun Dragonfall or Hong Kong. And I guess the ending of ME3 but I think that was just because it was over, and not because the ending was impact. because it wasn't. It was retarded. I mean if we're counting anger as "emotional" then yeah I was angry at the ending.

Crisis Core.
Runner up would be Terranigma.

>she died on the comet crash

>He doesn't end up with the cake
Why are Shinkai's movies all the same?

I've never seen any Shinkai move. Whaat do?

Shadow of the Colossus.

Go see them.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CoMix_Wave_Films

Start with the best

>Two band-aids that do nothing that the character refuses to stop wearing

How the fuck do people take this guy seriously?

How did this meme start anyway?

So is it like Kenichi.

Catherine.

Every time I play it I get so emotional because I realize I'll never have a gf

What anime is this

bioshock ending

also, manga was better since he ended up with the surfer girl at the end.

Garden of Words.

FUCK I HADN'T SEEN IT YET

God that movie fucking sucked ass.

>you wanted an ending? ahaha, too bad, here's an abrupt cutaway to a j pop song followed shortly by blue balls and then the credits

This right here.

No matter how many times I play it I still choke up.

this movie was retarded. I wanted /ss/ and didn't get anything.

5 cm per kilometer was better anyway. Best movie ever that one.

Metal Gear Solid 4

5cm per second was pretentious, badly paced, went nowhere, and had no ending.

Yakuza 3 when Rikiya gets killed.

The jap voiceactor for Kazuma fucking nails that scene.

>She literally meant soiled

The ending to that game was retarded.

2deep4u?

CS:GO

Thanks for remind me asshole

I liked it but it's the only Shinkai movie I've seen. What should I watch to experience a better movie?

*true gamekino

I think I'll wait for a better release.

You are describing your life, not the movie.

>38 replies
>No mention of Lisa

Terranigma

less emotional than the material it steals from. still a good game though

can only find DVDrips.

where the blurays at?

Aniki..

Cred Forumsutism

I know a couple scenes that made me cry. Gears of war 3; doms death. Theres MGSV the shine like diamonds scene. And cant forget the Shadow of the collosus twist scene

FEET CAKE

yume nikki
doesn't get moar emotional than this 4 me

>"We'll let the boss decide."

>Final Fantasy X
>Kingdom Hearts 1
>Life is Strange
>Fatal Frame 2 Canon ending

Only ones that really come to mind

To the Moon. Man if I played that now after what I'm going through right now, I'd be bawling for the whole night, Jesus Christ.

>she didn't give him a footjob

>he didn't watch the bluray bonus scene

When it found a way

pic related is better tho, yeah it is a fucking album but the emotions i felt :_c

My nig

Why does this movie focus so much on feet?

retard

Will she survive on her own with baby Wander?

Undertale

The MC is trying to become a renowned shoe designer.

I'm kinda pissed he didn't get sensei at the end, but at least it ended with an open ending.

I dunno but it gave me a fetish I didn't know I had.

The death of sniper wolf from mgs 1

There's his first short "she and her cat", and after that, grab Hoshi no Koe

if you can pass those, you're ready to see any shinkai movie

test

>tfw haven't cried in at least 5 years
JUST

That isn't healthy user.

Damn that was a beautiful watch.

Watch a Miyazaki movie.

Normally this is the part where I'd say take a break from Cred Forums but we both know you're here forever.

Hoshi no Koe is the only good thing Shinkai Hackoto has ever done.

want to see this movie but every time I try to see anything realted to Shinkai, I feel burned out, like I've seen the same goddamm formula

wat do

Did they blow the budget there or is the whole thing like that?

The whole movie is like that, it's a masterpiece in animation.

It's short, just go for it.

Off the top of my head? This one, honestly.

every shinkai movie is like that, although this movie is slightly prettier than the others

what material did it steal from?

I fucking hate 5 centimeters per second's protagonist just because he's a moody jerk and can't get over a girl that he hasn't seen in years although he already had a new gf at that point but took her for granted. Even the surfer girl was way better

But at least the ending song is god tier

see The whole film is that way.

she doesnt die user

>I fucking hate 5 centimeters per second's protagonist just because he's a moody jerk and can't get over a girl that he hasn't seen in years although he already had a new gf at that point but took her for granted.
Literally me.

Cool. Will watch.

This.

Mind you, I was 16 at the time

Garden of Words is the most decent Shinkai movie and it's only 40-45 mins long,

(also the rain stuff is comfy as fuck)

Why was he mad again? Taboo regarding student-teacher relationships ?

They spent the money they were going to use on a good writer in order to make it prettier.

I guess I'll give it a try

I already finished The girl who leapt through time, so I'm ready for more feels

But as of right now I still don't have a gf, user

i don't think i've shed a single tear since i was like 9

and im 25

is something wrong with me?

>he

Russian Roulette

Despite what hentai and doujinshi may tell you, that shit is so fucking haram over there it's not even funny.

There aren't enough doujins about student teacher,

its all male teacher and teen crap.

Which Shinkai film is the most tearjerking? Cause Garden of Words sure as hell ain't

the sensei was trying to give him the cold shoulder after finding out he was a student from the same school where she was teaching.

It's still Student & Teacher relationships, tho

Currently watching the grumps play this. Stupidest shit I've ever seen

Pokemon Red Rescue Team, Sky Tower theme still fucking gets me

youtube.com/watch?v=4PqlOkxcI-8

Try a mirror.

I couldn't finish this. It's just distilled down to be the most depressing movie imaginable.

that's Shinkai's least depressing movie...

it wasn't even that sad. You are a pussy ass bitch.

Garden is a comfy movie. 5cm is the cutting saddening film.

Meanwhile on Persona 5....

>he thinks this was depressing
You haven't seen SHIT

i cried pretty heavily for like 30 minutes a few months ago when i got rejected by a girl

its happened before, but this one really got to me for some reason

hadnt cried for like 6 years prior to that

This

I actually left happy because I know that after he graduates they'll get together.

I left empty with the others

>Garl Vinland and Maiden Astraea
>Ostrava
>mfw

Wolf brigade was sad

Watch that

you can date/waifu sensei?

awesome

Life

HAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHA fuck you

for me, 5cm/s because the song "One more time, more chance"

Depends
Emotional-sad: To The Moon
Emotional-I'll-never-be-as-happy-as-them-sad: Katawa Shoujo
Emotional-hits-too-close-home: Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon seriously fuck this game, I named my partner after my best irl friend because we both loved pokemon, he died 2 years ago. Anyone that has played it will understand, I wasn't prepared for that ending.

In all seriousness, MGS 4.

>That part where Meryl feels sad for Snake at first, later telling him that she's gotten over him
>Snake sees how everyone's life has passed him by while his body withers away

>Not 2002
Fuck you man

same desu, demons' souls was incredible, especially as my first souls game

but she moved to a town that is destroyed by a meteor on "Your name"

This movie was effin shite. Talk about pandering to emotional 14 y/o's

She didn't die. Stop that

It was a visual novel called "a drug that makes you dream" or some shit like that.
Either way one of the girls was some drug addict slut, another was the bullied girl in school, and the last was the slutty school president who manipulates you for sex.
I picked the school president specifically because I didn't want to see the bullied girl get bullied because she was a QT and white hair is my ultimate fetish.
>had just finished fucking the school prez
>sitting in class
>white haired girl isn't in class
>teacher tells us she was bullied to the point she tried to commit suicide, student murmurs saying the redhead slut tazed her and possibly had her boyfriend rape her
>felt so bad I almost cried, dropped the game immediately.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice

I love the song too, but that movie didn't left me with any tears

I swear people only like shinkai becuase of the pretty stills, or somehow get overly emotional over melodramatic shit. He's only an ok director and an utterly shitty writer.

It's about Peach using the powers of her emotions to save Mario.

is that the p3 protag?

I hate that you're not even wrong

red dead redemption near the end
mother 3
deadrising

I usually dont get emotional over games but japanese games have the strange quality of being overtly silly/comedic at one point but hitting you hard with depressing moments the next.

Overtime mode in DR was the biggest tone shift in a videogame because all survivors and zombies die and you're left to wander the mall alone

No, Door-kun died for our sins.

wait, is the maid the teacher? can you make her use a maid outfit?

is the dlc case filled with fills? how long is it?

She pissed me off.

same gates and super were so meh

>zero mention of Clannad with all these replies
>not crying at Fuko being forgotten and disappearing
>not shedding tears of heartwarming joy at the end of Kotomi's route
>not being absolutely eviscerated when Nagisa dies or when Ushio finally cries in her daddy's arms
>not shedding tears of relief when everything turns out okay in the end

You are all faggots.

February can't come soon enough.

I didn't play the game, I only watched the anime, after-story was pure tear fuel.

Yes it fucking was. One of my absolute favorites. The game is even more emotional since you experience all of Tomoya's thoughts and feelings. And there's no "canon" route so you get a lot more involved with whomever's arc you experience. I also forgot to mention

>not crying At the absolutely devastating conclusion of Misae-san's arc with the story behind the cat

Jesus Christ I'm gonna have to play through an arc or two tonight just thinking about it

If your answer isn't Silent Hill 2 you don't know SHIT about videogames.

iirc you can call her for some """"""service"""""" for a fee

This one.

I realise that I haven't cried in a long time so I waited for an opportunity to cry and let it out

My brother after having his second kid has been all alone from my mom and dad and the rest of the family and after suffering a spinal injury in the military permanently taking him out of any kind of tense physical movement he's been suffering on what he can do to support hos family

I'm in college and don'tont have either the time or the money, my sister takes whatever time she can to visit but he got hot opinions on her boyfriend so she doesn't like visiting as much anymore. (He's kind of alright but he's either too ambitious for his future goals or not ambitious enough for the present)

Went and had a reunion with my sister our other brother (all of our eldest) and myself, we got drunk, played Pokemon go at a park and had a great time. Brother unloaded how alone he has felt and that I need to convince mom and dad to visit (mom is in college and my dad works 2 jobs)

I promise him I will, after he went inside since he was dine his smoke I felt it was great to let it out to myself.

Crying doesn't actually make you feel magically better by the way. You just need sunlight and to laugh more often.

vocaroo.com/i/s0owLXLFnzYa

Dark Souls.

Everything is such a huge fucking bummer.

Nobody at all has a happy ending.

And even the chosen undead just wakes up in the asylum after his destiny is fulfilled.

what are some sad 3ds/gba games? I already played mother 3 and i feel like playing something sad

>tfw got so caught up with the societal notion that being stoic and emotionless is good that by the time I realized that was bunk it had already set in

send help

What a fuckin roller coaster.

jesus

Damn

A Witch's House?

I'm in a similar boat, but I can at least say that when actual shitty things happen to me, I can still cry. Luckily, it's just been a while.

Sometimes I feel like it would be better to be able to occasionally cry about some movie or game or something, but I just honestly never feel the need to in the moment.

I just wanted to post a Thom pic

It's supposed to be a metaphor. Shoes are what help us walk; we need "support" from others to carry out our lives. Both of them act like the other's shoes that help them walk.

My only critisism with the film is that it wasn't subtle at all, I'm surprised if you couldn't figure it out.

I was like this for a long long time. Then I decided to watch Morel Orel.
No game has ever come close to the feels.

Way to ruin the finale with a shitty fist fighting minigame we've never been exposed to, with an opponent that just spams his one overpowered attack over and over. So fucking anticlimactic.

Explorers of Sky

Yume Miru Kusuri got me pretty good. My heart actually raced at the end of Aeka's route, and I almost lost my cool. I've heard moe described as "fostering an urge to protect" and I've never wanted to protect anyone more.

If were talking about actual game games and not VNs I guess MGS 3. She was a true patriot...

Fuck man

>cake

what

apparently in japanese media older women are portrayed as undesirable, and are compared to christmas cake because "no one wants it after the 25th".

so now weebs refer to to any older japanese woman as "christmas cake" or just "cake"

>A delicious keki will never fall in love with you

>millennials

How about you get an actual gaming platform you drone

Why would you fucking watch anyone play it instead of playing it yourself? Why would you let the fucking game grumps of all people play it for you? Jesus

> you will never have a cup of coffee together with sensei in her apartment

> you will never cuddle with her and listen to the rainfall together

Of all the games to watch people play instead of playing for myself, I'd say Deadly Premonition is a pretty reasonable choice because you can tune out during the shitty combat sections and stay for the comfy car rides and batshit insane stuff that happens in between.

You will never lie next to her in the bed just listening to your favorite record.

I wasn't crazy impressed with the payoff in terms of the actual writing but the transition from ambient piano ditties and rain sounds the whole movie to this loud-ass rock song felt fucking great

Any game with a decent story, and some without one. I'm pretty weak and I've already listed a bunch of the games I cried about.
Probably the most emotional I've played was To the Moon, I can't even listen to Everything is Alright without crying and feeling terrible the whole day. Second would be 7th Dragon 3, Aitelle's Death, I'd been with her for 3 games and seeing that happen was crushing.

i have several other platforms you mong i just wanted to hear from these ones in particular as i have an expanse library on the other platforms

all this guy's films are good for are wallpapers. otherwise they are melodramatic as fuck, no nuance or thought put into them.

DELICIOUS
CAKE
FEET

>i cried pretty heavily for like 30 minutes a few months ago when i got rejected by a girl

Last time was about three years ago when my beagle died.

>you will never have your feet lovingly and gently measured by your hunky underageB& bestie

why live

>4th of july by Sufjan Stevens this morning

She's like 27 years old, is that considered old in Japan?

YEs

sufjan stevens always make me kind of melancholy. even the upbeat songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=zHdOXCoja-c&ab_channel=iiRbored
Persona 3 ending got to me after the credits rolled over and Memories of You played.

Shinkai has surpassed Miyazaki as a storyteller. Come at me, fucker.

ghost trick.

thats what dogies do!

i wish songs could elicit that kind of emotional reaction out of me

the only songs that i've ever actually felt melancholy at are stuff from musicals and even then it's mostly only because I've heard them in context

the rest of the times it just seems so hokey to me

>all these posts
>no Nier

youtube.com/watch?v=Ufnoiz4ZCOw

Haven't seen Your Name yet, is it as good as his best movie Children Who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below?

>Not saving Gremio

I really should start playing Suikoden 2

>tfw I'm weak and I cry a lot, especially when playing games
I don't know why, I just get really invested in it

Monster Girl Quest, my dick has never been so "emotional" while playing a game. Shinkai seems like to be a more popular Maeda but doesn't have his characters die of retardation/Keyaids. I probably wouldn't like Shinkai's movies.

There's no way anything can beat a Dragon never yields

Hotel Dusk

Cried at most of the chapter endings. Specially the old lady.

i felt a little dirty using a guide to get all of the stars because i heard some of them were missable

Mother 3.

I STILL don't know how to feel about the ending, and every chapter has something that will make you feel.

youtube.com/watch?v=eov1mmCWm84

what motherfucked me is as a kid it really felt "the end" as I never felt in a game before, not only was the adventure over but conker lost and by extension I lost and I was deprived the stanard happy fanfare of an ending

sure it's mopey and lame but now that I'm an adult I look at conker and think he really did just want to chill with berri and have a beer, lets go extra pretension and consider it a metaphor of life

It's like this movie was made for me.

>
What movie is that? Are they a couple or friends or what? What is it about? Animation looks based.

honestly wasn't getting to me for most of it... but then the ending came around and fucked me up

you need to know what the fuck is going on to feel

I did the exact same thing.

Lost Odyssey

holy fuck

Tales of the Abyss probably, its just becomes pure torture to play through. Every main character and some side quest NPCs get bad/sad endings.

Recently, the epilogue boss until the ending of CS2.

The music playing and what was happening got to me.

which is a plus, since most of them are completely unlikable

is this paper Mario?

youtube.com/watch?v=PAGgO3sUGm8

Last game never.

Son of a bitch.

The upcoming one. Color Splash

my true negros

The way you just sit there watching the whole world being destroyed, not because the bad guys got their way, but because lucas did. you expect he uses his all-powerful request to the dragon to undo porky's damage, but nope, instead you get to see everyone and everything you interacted getting purged and destroyed.

The music only makes it worse, to boot.
youtube.com/watch?v=rmUd9y7DCZc

"The end?" doesn't really change that because it feels more like some tacked on way of saying "we don't want it to be too depressing".

Everyone is okay in the end.

Try moving around and pressing the A button.

Probably not the most emotional I've ever played, but it's definitely top 3.

Soul Sacrifice on the Vita. That is basically suffering: the game.

I know you homo, I'm just saying that felt more like a tacked-on way to prevent it from being too depressing. "look! everyone's alive! happy ending!"

This

The last gameplay segment made me tear up

>Tony Hawk Underground
>Your best friend Eric Sparrow betrays you
>Tony Hawk Underground 2
>he never apologizes and tries to forget your there

JUST LIKE IN THE REAL WORLD

>musicals
fucking fag
...Those you've known...

Holy fuck I couldn't believe they ended the game that way. It just happens, the end theme plays and the credits start rolling. It has post game content related to the story but I felt like it was a disappointment and actually takes away from the ending

Goddamn
tears are hard to get off this keyboard

why'd ye have to do that
I didn't want to go to bed sad

Is it mandatory to kill him?
If it isn't then fuck that I'm never killing any shyguy in the woods

sad bump

Ks

And parts of metal gear like the end of 4 or the sickbay mission in V.

>ctrl+f drakengard
>no results
wtf

>We Majora's Mask now

Ni No Kuni
Couldn't even get through the beginning.
I forget the kid's name but his mom dies and I had nightmares about my mom passing away after that. Sold it.

Monster Hunter. The range of emotions you can feel from certain hunts or drop rates is unsurpassed

Creators probably just had a foot fetish.