Corrupted or lost save data

Have you ever lost all your save data?

My GameCube Memory Card corrupted all of a sudden. All my save data is lost

I had all my vidya stolen by spics and/or niggers
Before that, I had finally gotten around to playing FFVII after picking it up from a Blockbuster when selling games outright in a desperate bid to stay afloat. I played it for about 19 hours, then saved and went to bed. When I woke up my data was corrupted. So I took FFVII out of my PS2 and never touched it again.

Guitar Hero
Turned off ps2 while it was loading
Was so sad I shredded on expert

I was on the last boss of Pikmin last week and tried to restart my day and deleted my save file.

Needless to say I got mad.

This happened to me with digital devil saga.

My PS3 broke, then I got a new one, started the game over then the new PS3 broke a week later. Haven't played DDS since.

did you play a japanese game?

played kururin squash on mine, it corrupted the card

I mean, not all of it was original data from back then, but I was a bit sad to lose some of it.

Nope, it just died on me.

It was one of those 1019 cards I've had for a decade. Still had 600 blocks left on the thing. Funny enough my crappy Chinese knock-off 58 card has been working for over a decade with zero problems.

>Sent in my old WiiU for repairs
>They said it wouldn't wipe the wii U game saves
>all the game saves for my Wii got wiped instead

My DKC file got wiped. I wasn't that far but I was 5 and even getting through 4 or so worlds was a huge feat. I lost all passion to play until I was like 19. Mind was blown by the fake credits

My knock-off 4000-block memory card has also been working for over a decade. Feels good man.

Don't remind me.
>wii u fan stopped working yesterday

I want to send it in to Nintendo, but now I don't. I remember sending in my Wii because the laser couldn't read Metroid Prime Trilogy and they sent me a brand new wii. I was happy but also incredibly angry. Why does all my stuff break?

>start up Gamecube
>get a message about the memory card being corrupted, and it must be wiped
>panic, turn off console, remove and reinsert the card
>no problems

I never actually had to wipe the card, but it still scared me shitless every time.

Oh, god, now I remember two seperate occasions when my house was hit by a power surge:

>Wii won't turn on
>replace the power cable
>now it works... but only the sound. No picture.
>send it to Nintendo
>returns perfectly OK... but with no save data
>Wii Shop account is still intact, though

>a year later, same thing, but with an Xbox 360
>needs a new power cable, but the console itself is OK
>family member promises to pick one up for me
>gets a third party cable with a loudass fan in the power brick
>holy shit is it loud

My save data for DDR Max has been corrupted twice. Can't remember if the PS2 or the memory card was the problem, but I've since replaced the system and have gotten new cards so I don't know.
On the plus side, unlocking everything and getting scores for all the songs three times has made me good at the game on a PS2 controller.

Only twice.
>psychonauts, got to the meat circus, crashed during a loadingscreen so I had to watch the conclusion online
>no man's sky maybe my 4th day of playing it, had just reached 15m monies and was about to buy a ship, crashed, when I restarted it did the tutorial mission thing.

Try blowing on it dude, that fixes mine whenever this happens.

>bought a new memory card to back up my gamecube saves
>Fzero GX save data can't be copied

well, fuck

Jesus this^^^^

literally every time I would boot it on ps2 it would be corrupted

>Persona 4 Dancing All Night got corrupted
My own fault desu

>DaS2 file corrupted
Fuck this shit though.

my brother and i lost our first PSO characters
we rebuilt, but it wasn't the same

The battery in my Pokemon Blue cartridge died. I lost the save I've been playing since 1996. Over the next few years I made a few unsuccessful attempts at beating it without turning the system off. Eventually, I worked up the nerve to tear open the cart and replace the battery. Ripping off that contact is more nerve wracking than crunching a CPU into place!

One of my PS2 memory cards bugged out, all the saves I had are still there and if I try load a save from it it works, but if I try to search it for the saves it shows me nothing except that there are like 500kb left. I also can't save anything else in it.

>Why does all my stuff break?
I feel you user. Only a select few games from my entire collection work on my PS2, the rest is either scratched to hell or the console won't recognize them for some reason. Even the games that do work end up bugging severely or having gigantic load times.

>Pokemon Blue

I've never had the data in my Red/Blue games wipe except by Pokemon Stadium/transfer pak fuckery. Luckily, I had one of those Mega Memory Cards to restore my save.

the same game?
Huh.

My Pokemon Omega Ruby save data got corrupted for seemingly no reason, but thankfully I backed up the save file and got it back without issue.

I also once accidentally overwrote my DMC3:SE Dante save file that was 100% completed with my Vergil save because of the way the game would select files when opening the save screen. I had to put in a lot of work to get everything back, but I did eventually get 100% again (minus Bloody Palace because I was too lazy to do it again).

>Had a 90+-hour save file for FF7 with the black chocobo/KOTR and everything
>Friend is curious about the game, wants to see the opening
>"Sure"
>We play through the opening hour or so
>"Hey mind if I save this file? We can carry on next time I come over"
>"No problem bro, just make sure--"
>He automatically saves into the first slot without checking

And that's why I keep three save files for every game with multiple slots, to this very day.

Was finishing my 30th playthrough of RE4 and it corrupted. Blew my mind. Fuckin bullshit. It happened earlier, with Tomba 2. But i was too young to give a fuck. Just made a new save and started over

>30th playthrough

I will admit that I played through that game more times than most and thought it was a masterpiece, but 30 times seems a tad excessive.

>Was finishing my 30th playthrough

what the fuck, did you play the game 3 times per year or something?

Never forget.

Well, it depends on context. If the guy speedruns then 30 times is an incredibly low amount. I've seen a couple of my preferred streamers hit over 1500+ attempts.

Doesn't happen very often on pc, and I recently set up shadowcopy so every file that gets changed I have a backup from a day or two earlier, saved my ass in mgs5 when it crashed right after that stupid hour long hospital segment and burnt my save.

That's why I backup every save of every game I play to Dropbox.

I started doing that since this year.

It occurred to me after I posted that he could be a speedrunner. I suppose in that case it'd make sense.

The Viewtiful Joe demo disc is the worst offender of this.

Mah nigga. I just finished that game for the first time last week. Went out and bought 2 and 3 a couple days ago. And related to the thread, DKC2 wouldn't save. Luckily the game store had another copy, and I'm chugging through it right now.

Happened to me with guitar hero aerosmith on ps2. Didnt even realize I had turned it off while it was saving until it told me my file was corrupted
I think that I tried to turn my ps2 off when battlefront 1 was saving once to see what happened but it didnt corrupt anything