ITT: armorfus

We have weaponfu threads pretty often, but the armor usually gets overlooked. Post your armorfus here. Pic related - literally perfection.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XaUsvc9wReU
youtube.com/watch?v=qzTwBQniLSc
youtu.be/sSbX7OThqJI?t=58s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Any type of leather armor

Lorain's armor is cool

Lorian's set is beautiful but its so fucking heavy. I'm not too sold on the crown either - on Lorian it looks good but on players it's kinda dinky.

Can't go wrong with the classic

I wear Creighton's mask with it. Don't tell anyone

Love this set for the cloth physics and the fur shoulders. Looks cozy and boss as fuck at the same time.

looks great if you slap the temple knight helmet on the chestpiece

Damn that is an improvement.

Does it have to be strictly medieval and older armor, or is Sci-Fi allowed this thread?

souls has some alright armor, but I wish more of it wasn't just DUDE RAGS LMAO

simple and clean looks good too

Hated how it looked in DaS2 but I like how it looks in DaS3.
Can someone explain to me what they did? Did they change the textures or what?

They vastly improved the texture and bump mapping on it. In DaS2 it looked like plastic but in 3 it looks like actual armor.

Both Yuria and her armour.

>plastic
That is it. Exactly what I hated.
It looked like cheap cosplay.

Could it be anymore obvious that they had shit leftover from BB with designs like these?

How can sony like that? They essentially paid for the BB development and now they use shit for other games published by Bamco

I'm glad someone else recognizes the magnificence of the Alva set.

Because FROM owns all the models, resources, etc. Paying for the game only gives Sony the publishing rights to the Bloodborne IP.
Plus, Dark Souls 3 was a huge seller and even a system seller for the PS4 so I think Sony has graduated past being an autistic jealous manchildren.

I don't like how they removed the shine that the armor had. In Ds3 it looks so flat and doesn't really look like metallic armor.

Isn't DaS3 widely regarded as the worst souls game?

Dragonscale chest is A E S T H E T I C

I personally think it is, but the general consensus is vanilla Dark Souls 2.

Black iron helmet + Artorias chest + Silver knight legs and gauntlets in 1

Black iron if we're talking full sets

So fucking cool

Plume

Perhaps by people with shit taste.

Only PVPfags, but they usually hide away in their general.

I want to protect its leathery smile

Painting Guardian set was my armorfu in DS1, Alva in DS2, then back to PG in DS3.
I absolutely love cloth-over-metal armor, so any chance to use the leggings was taken. The custom set I had in DS3 was beautiful.

gosh I hope we get more londor lore in the dlcs

it has the worst PvE too. even thinking about starting a new character makes me sick, and I have 3k hours in DaS and about 900 in 2

>it has the worst PvE too
You're thinking of DS2, user. Both vanilla and SotFS had terrible PvE outside of the DLC.

Their sword is great too. Shame From probably won't bring it back for DLC

>900 in 2
So, shit taste?

because the series is inherently shit PvE

actually most games are I suppose since poorly programmed AI is easy to deal with in any capacity

rig suits from dead space

2 at least has fun weapons and armor, something 3 entirely lacks

>the series is inherently shit PvE
1 and 3's are fine tho. Even DeS and BB. 2 was just very slight variations of the same enemies taking progressively longer to kill as you go through the game, with some areas just spamming them all over the place or even blatantly ignoring the base mechanics of the game just to fuck over the player.

Bonemold. Has a great backstory too.

kill yourself das2 fag

literally the same complaints can be applied to 3. "Hey remember those shitty hollows you were fighting when you were a little bitch? Well here they are again but now they kill you in 3 hits instead lol"

most trash enemies are more difficult to deal with than any boss in 3

The only time you find the same hollows in late-game as you found early game, is because it's the same fucking castle. And even then, they don't slow down the gameplay nearly as much as shit like those knights at the end of Vendrick's tomb did. Or the run back to the ancient dragon.

There's nothing more sexy in vidya then a well modeled, but still somewhat realistic suit of plate armor.

This thread has mostly been pre-gunpowder armor so far, but...

ODST armor is pure sex

this is totally not lore friendly, but I don't give a crap. a full plate of plate properly distributed would be less of a physical strain on an individual then most of the armors that Geralt wears in TW2 anyways

>add blindfold
>become pillow

the one and only

Last one

It really can't be beat.

>Geralt
>in plate

I vomited a little.

Why does geralt have tiny trump hands?

Bayonet is kind of useless hanging in that position not to say that a knife would be very useful for far future combat anyways.

The thing I've always liked about the ODST armor is that it actually seems like a logical future set of military spess muhreen armor that we would implement for interplanetary warfare. Even the basic UNSC armor looks too fantasy like to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=XaUsvc9wReU

Yeah, and Starship Troopers (movie) was making a statement about how useless and ridiculous all the training they received was when they actually got into combat.

>all this shit taste

HATRED IS WHAT DRIVES ME!
RETRIBUTIONS BLADE!
YOU WILL BE JUDGED!
I'LL CLEAVE YOU!
DESTRUCTION!
KNOW THIS PAIN!

Alva was a cool guy.
Fighting him as the Seeker of the Spurned actually made me sad

firelink is my favorite set in the series

Das3 is MUCH better than 2

personally, 3 is my favorite

i want him on my shelf fighting this
but hes like 130 bucks
guts is like 200

God damn the hype just before release was so fucking real. Halo is actually fun as fuck.

I know it defeats the theme of a vague backstory and the feeling of a long forgotten past, but I just want to know more about Alva and his travels.

>tfw friend won't translate what Zullie is saying because she said it's too lewd

Wait a moment the Gabranth in you pic is $130? Since when? I swear he was $50 max when I bought him years ago.

I hope we get to know if Karla is Zullie or the child of Alva and Zullie

that's traitor's armor

no, that's just zela cycle memeing

i hope it stops soon. i know most people who say 2 is better than 3 are trolling, idiots are impressionable and das3 might be unfairly remembered as the worst

Did someone say sexy armor?

The best

what the fuck is wrong with you

2 is better for the fact that it isn't a literal straight line.

I like SotFS more than Dark Souls 3, but I hate how people assume being the "worst" means it is bad. Dark Souls 3 is still a great game

Best armor in any souls game

>years ago
theres your answer. the spitfire godzilla 2014 was 40 bucks one day and 80 the next. now hes back down to like 60 but thats still too high for me

Did someone say goblins?

are you me?

I like closure in my non tragic stories

>linearity is bad
branching paths is a bonus, not a requirement

besides, the whole of das3 is better than the whole of das2

>chainmail to stop a dagger
got that backwards gramps. a dagger would poke right through. chainmail is to protect against slashes. piercing would go right through the rings and pop them

you're playing the wrong series then.

Ornstein is the coolest motherfucker in all of Lordran.

Why he hangs out with a dweeb like Smough is beyond me.

I know. And it hurts

Considering that none of Zullie's dialogue hints her knowing about Alva, safe to say there's no real connection outside of Alva checking rumors about a loner witch.

I'm kinda surprised any DaS2 related lore discussions weren't directly addressing Paladin Leeroy and the Royal Soldier sets being the same.

I didn't know play arts even experienced such steep price inflation aren't those some of the most mass produced figures in the industry? I saw Gabranth's in online stores for years hanging at release price in europe.

>branching paths is a bonus, not a requirement
>please shit in my mouth more miyazaki!

it says that they lived together though

are you talking about karla?

The heide knight set is GOAT and I'm upset that it wasn't in 3.

Which armor is that?

go fuck yourself das2 baby

alva was searching for zullie and came looking for the imprisoned witch he heard about

you killed him

it wasn't even the right witch

zullie is dead

I'm pretty sure you mean Karla instead of Zullie, because armor descriptions literally say that they fall in love with each other

I think its because it goes without saying that the majority of the ds2 armors were poorly designed, if you look at the og paladin armor even the shoulder pads had engravings.

well hes really fucking old now. it was released what, 6 years ago? old, not very popular, means not many were produced, meaning whats left is pricey as fuck. however there only amazon listing of his says he'll be released in 2017. so maybe theyre gonna make some more, which will lower the price.

actually, looking at amiami it says that another one will be released in october of this year. a darker looking one than the older one

Whoops, my bad. Yeah, meant Karla. The relation between Karla and Alva is completely one-sided with Alva looking for Karla but Karla not saying jackshit about any sort of knight.

A nice set of dark chainmail would actually suit him well enough.

Plate is way too much of a pain in the ass to mess with in day to day activity.

nice fashion

I could never get into the game fully but the Overlords armor was always baller to me.

This seems to be a souls thread, but for a non soils set, this must be my fav. Pretty much the only armor I used in MH3, until I got the Ceadeus and Alatreon set. Loved being a big tank man. Before it the only armor I used until the volcano was the rhenoplos, then the brass set for a bit.

The main reason he wouldn't use plate is cost of upkeep and ease of use. The whole "plate slows him down and turns him into a turtle" shit are ridiculous excuses people throw around because DnD all the way back in the day needed to balance how OP it was in RL.

youtube.com/watch?v=qzTwBQniLSc

I think the only connection is speculation coming from her clothes and the description of the Dark Blade spell

I fought long and hard to grind this out, worth it. Favorite female armor in MH, but Barioth X is a close second.

skillset: CE+1, Razor Sharp, Honed Blade, Fleet Feet

Is that ds3? God they went back to the horrible standing still stance again? You shouldn't even pay for the game, just a graphic overhall dlc. It's like the same fucking game over again.

I always loved the NOD soldier armor from when I played Tiberian Sun as a kid

haven't played 3.
did they add a way to make armor look like new?
also a way to close visors?

>believing the lieberal media.

Nope, a lot of the armor is just as ragged and worn as ever with no option to close visors. Makes me wish there was some limited ways to customize armor such as changing tabard colors, making armor plating change slightly to match the most predominate set/texture, and such. But at that point, might as well make a new game.

Don't get me wrong I love MH but that armor would make anyone look like a fucking tea kettle

poop.
you'd think with all the extra space they would be able to make the more broken looking stuff look nicer once you get it to max or something.

yeah, there's absolutely no difference between this and das1. like the new bosses or weapon arts

faggot

He's only 107 years old. The Elf clearly knows better.

I would have enjoyed at least having two versions of certain sets, they already had a large number of pairs of sets that mirrored each other heavily.

Black and Silver Knights
Elite and Nameless Knights
Hollewed and normal Royal Soldier armor
Mastodon and Rusted Mastodon

Oh well, one can only day dream.

Made it through basically the whole game with just that set
I eventually switched for Garl Vinland's set partly because the stats were good and I thought it looked cool, but also out of respect for him

it's gonna sound really weird, but for some reason that outfits gets me all hot and bothered

how?

I really honestly couldn't tell you. It might be because of how form fitting it is

My nigga, nothing to be ashamed of

BEST SCHOOL/ARMOR SET COMING THROUGH FAGGOTS, FEAR THE BEAR.

Fucking loved wearing this, just hated you had to hunt down the schematics to upgrade it and shit.

Beautiful

Make the skirt shorter and it would be 10/10. Love the fur on the shoulders though.

Ebony armor was nice, but I still like Deadric armor more.

Guess I'm just into the edgy look, I also felt more badass walking around in Deadric armor and it has more details put into it as well.

shit taste bros

It's uncanny how much this looks like Raime's set

In most other halo suits the knife is located by the collarbone/chest area

>not to say that a knife would be very useful for far future combat anyways.

Why wouldn't it? You'll always need some sort of weapon of last resort. Even if everybody has armor, a knife would still be useful to get between the gaps.

Yeah for sure, though I think many of the standard marine BDU's look fine too, but it does depend on the game.

I was rather fond of the Steel Armor, but I guess I'm a sucker for anything Nordic inspired.

Except for the helm. The helm looks stupid.

YOU CAN MOVE YOUR BODY FREERY

Really? That looks fucking shitty, aesthetic wise it has nothing going for it compared to Ebony armor. Ebony armor is glossy/shiny and has engravings and what not, that armor looks like you found it lying on the ground in the alleyway.

You want to walk around Skyrim wearing commoner armor? I'd rather walk around in expensive/aesthetically pleasing looking armor to let people know I'm a God and not to be trifled with. Stay pleb.

>not posting Manticore.
You are no witcher.

>Manticore

Kek, nice pleb school m8. Ursine was the best one in terms of aesthetics, also I think you look more like a Witcher in Ursine armor compared to anything else. If you wear Feline armor you look like a fucking spellblade class, like you're trying to be some pseudo mage.

Manticore was dull looking to me, wasn't really impressive compared to Ursine which has a lot of aesthetically pleasing things going for it, like the fur on the shoulders and the long skirt and what not. Really just depends on the person I suppose.

>youtu.be/sSbX7OThqJI?t=58s

ODST armor > Spartan armor.

The most underrated Souls armor set. Shit looks great and unique but no one ever mentions it. It for sure was a mainstay on my first run through Dark souls.

Excellent taste.

Just about any armor that has bits of clothing to them. Tabards, long coats, scarves, whatever

The school is irrelevant, it was his traditional Witcher 1 armourand the most fitting lore wise. The Ursine set is like an astronauts suit he can't even lower his arms and he has a skirt. Hardly going to be dancing along a bridge's railing in that.

>Design an extremely badass looking armor
>Give it shit skills
Every single fucking time.

Best AC armor coming through

In every Monster Hunter game I gotta make the hunters armor. I think it's one of the best looking gear out there.