ITT games that defeated piracy

ITT games that defeated piracy

MMOs and always online shit like diablo doesn't count

>tfw knowing that piratescum didnt get to play

made it that much sweeter

kudos to square enix

How did it defeat piracy if it sold noticeably worse than the previous game in its series?

Why can't you pirate it?

It managed to be so bad that people wouldn't even want to pirate it.

Denuvo anti-tamper. The scourage of pirates...currently. Some older Denuvo protected games are getting cracked on a semi-regular basis (RotTR, Inside, MGS V, Mad Max). But new titles seem unbeatable at the moment.

I paid for the game and it still defeated me.

Shit freezes on the intro movie.

If you were a developer, would you put Denuvo on your game?

Check your system.

I had no problems with Mankind Divided.
>Win 10
>GTX 980 SLI
>i7 @4.2ghz
>32 GB DDR3 1800
>SSD

Depends on the game. Hyped AAA title that will sell hundreds of thousands of copies---yes. The cost of Denuvo will be negated by the purchases of impatient pirates and we likely have the budget from the publisher to spend.

A port of a Japanese titty VN coded by six dudes in a San Francisco basement published by a no-name importer? Nope. The cost will never be justified as it's a low volume seller.

>human revolution cover art
>mankind divided

No. It's inconclusive if the technology even helps sales and I'd rather give the players the ability to play the game long after my servers and company are gone

The Witcher series.
Tell me I'm wrong.

no, majority of people who pirate are on the fence about the game to begin with. if that seems so implausible to you then you should look at the resounding effect that comes by promoting your product through piracy. there are many devs, authors, and musicians that do this with resounding success. hotline miami devs for instance, only asked that people that uploaded the game to make sure that the uploaded version was up to date so people pirating weren't playing outdated and buggy versions.
now go neck yourself for creating another shitty thread.
P.S.I enjoyed M.D. and DX still reigns supreme.

Wait, you can't pirate this? well shit I was looking forward to playing it after finishing up MGSV. That sucks

>all denuvo games have sold less than comparable pirateable options.

I wonder why.

Usually games that use denuvo is because the game is so bad that publishers don't want you to pirate before you buy.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

no piracy = dead games

No shit you had no problems. My oh my you are such a clever boy aren't you.

>MMOs and always online shit like diablo doesn't count
>tfw MMOs and always online shit didn't defeat piracy

Kek 10/10

>ITT: delusional pirates rationalise theft as necessary for a game to be successful

yet another game to add on to the "every denuvo games is trash" pile
"trash" is probably a bit too strong to describe this one but it's certainly inferior to HR