What's your most pleasant memory involving Final Fantasy

What's your most pleasant memory involving Final Fantasy

FFVIII, end of disc 2

Dropping FFX about three quarters of the way through.

It's the only FF game I've played unless you count Type 0, and I dropped that one too.

Playing Final Fantasy IX along my best friend; this was a year before my parents divorced and I was forced to move two hours away. I never saw him again but I think that year before I had to move was the best year of my life

>Be me
>8 years old
>Get Final Fantasy 8
>Can't read complex stuff, only recognized 'save' because of Pokemon
>I ignore the GF tutorials
>just attack and lucky limit breaks
>Get stuck at the first SEED assault (com tower) for 5 years because I'm too stupid to run from the defense bot
>Eventually power thru at age of 13
>Get to Rinoa's train assault mission
>Get stuck on ronald reagan zombie forever
>keep on just using only attack. No items. No draws / magic. Just the fricking basic attacks.
>Get ass kicked, reach point of despair
>Go to menu to save for 25th try against boss
>I can read well now
>See GF menu
>fiddle around with it
>i equip GFs to Zell, Squall and Selphie
>my shock when I get actual options in the battle menu besides attack
>summon Quetzalcoatl for the first time
>i was so fucking hype
>still lose to zombie ronald reagan

I powered through it and started to not be a mental defect with the game
I have owned it for 15 years
I'm still stuck on disc 4

>2016
>having good memories

Probably talking with friends about finding a way to revive general leo in ff6 but honestly I have way too many to just narrow it down to one favorite

Ff 9 ending, it left such a nice feeling in me.

no idea, I don't play video games

Going over to my friend Johnson's house and playing through FFII on SNES together. His place smelled like moth balls though, and my mom would be upset when I came home smelling like that.

how
this has to be fake

All nighters at grandpa's house doing the ludicrous FFX ultimate weapon sigil quests

i was 15 and i wanted to play the entire series so I started with 1 on psp

Ehh, I guess whenever I got to the final area of VII and told me lil brother to watch me so he could see Sephiroth and JENOVA. I then immediately got stomped by one of those huge knight things while hopping down the rocks to get to the center of the crater

>Dropping FFX about three quarters of the way through.
Forced myself through for awhile then finally dropped it at the Calm Lands. Seriously, how they fuck up a great battle system with such shit everything else is beyond me

are you me?

getting to sea on FFXI prenerf airship

I could've came 10 times in a row and not top that feeling

I'd have to say just playing FFXI in general. That game's world was so easy to get engrossed in since it was so big. It's difficult to select just one memory from the time I spent playing.

As weird as this sounds, finishing Final Fantasy Tactics Advance last year. I actually bought it back in 2003, played the shit out of it, and then just stopped like 80% of the way through and let it sit for all those years. It was the first Final Fantasy I had ever played and after catching up with the rest of the series it was nice to finally finish that game.

>playing through FFT
>get Holy ASAP
>start nuking the early bosses in one hit

Also started FF14 last December and loving it so far. Not up to the latest patch yet, but Heavensward was amazing.

Being at my friend's house when we unwrapped and played Final Fantasy VII for the first time. My jaw dropped in amazement.

Pretty sad I missed out on the FF11 boat. I play FF14, and while I like it, 11 seems to be a much deeper game, and I probably would have really appreciated playing it in its prime.