No Forza thread?

No Forza thread?

God I love the Stingray, you deserve a bump for having such impeccable taste. Also what's with the meme resolution?

I play on a 32 inch TV. I assume that's the max resolution it can support.

Just bought it today on PC. What am I in for?

>I play on a 32 inch TV. I assume that's the max resolution it can support.

A really good fucking time. Especially if you have friends that play. My gamertag/user id/handle whatever for Microsoft is pwnorcycle. Feel free to add me or join my club. It's a RetroWave sort of club called "Outrun This!". I drive a Lambo Countach and pic related in OP mostly.

why would you assume that?

Is there a torrent yet or shoud I really spend $60 on this shit? I have nothing else to buy, but I can never justify a $60 purchase for any game.
If it has an ae86 I will buy it right now.

What's the deal here?

my friend bought the ultimate edition for me $100

play a real racing game instead

Downloading now. Still a bit sad there isn't a Trabant or Lada in it.

It does in fact have the AE86, it was on my list of hilarious meme cars to check for.

Also, dat Mad Max Falcon XB GT.

There's a datsun 510. Think it's the closest to a lada you'll get.

>>>/xboxrepublic/

I can always hope for one in the DLC.

I couldn't get into it

>not the '63
Still.. look at this nigga and tell my why the corvettes looks nothing like this anymore?

What is the black pipe used for? Intake?

looks like a snorkel

Yeah, probably lots of going through water for that one

I feel like I'm making a mistake but my wallet is ready.

Saving up for this.

okay thanks, I just didn't know the word for it so I kept searching for intake pipe and got wrong results.

The car looks great but the plants could use some work.

Rally car. For fording rivers

I've never really cared for the Miura, I always thought it was one of the more boring looking Lamborghinis.

that's almost certainly because of your toaster hardware and not because of the tv

>african rally suvival kit
Sometimes they got serious dust trials because being behind someone else, and also to deal with water at high speeds, it gets everywhere, except that kind of intake, at least not as much as a regular one, now all that is more compact and its inside the engine bay.

>the first ever super car
>boring

fuck off faggot

>get the Ferrari Dino
>decide to use it in some rare classic races (stock)
>this fucker keeps out accelerating me on every straight.

Fucking hell

I already have it. I think it's the second or third barn find you get.

Why are street cars more interesting than supercars?

i bought assetto corsa a while ago and i have never touched the supercars not even once

Its hard to define it, for others it was the countash who started the supercar era.
For me the supercar era started in the targa florio after the legacy of the prewar aero and material technology.

>get trans am
>look for premade detail
>K.I.T.T
>K.I.T.T
>K.I.T.T

why bother

>avoid deadly nigger dust
phew

the '91 m3 makes me erect

>Bandit
>Bandit
>Bandit

Not just dust, all kinds of shit. the front piece is also avoid rocks hitting the radiator like bullets.
Its filtered with high flow kits, but if you add water to the mix, its another story.
also the brake ducts had to be filtered, but with metal grills, nothing exesive.

>Makes a new Forza Motorsports 6 (Apex).
>Makes it unable to change car parts which the Motorsports series is know t be best at.

Fuck, why do I have to dig up the X360 every time I want the Forza experience.

Just refunded it. Legitimately boring. Lots of cool cars but mother fucker it's just BORING and I can't really put my finger on why. I honestly had more fun with The Crew.

Your fault for binging a Fiat.

Shill

Oh fuck you're right. I should have left out the Crew part.

Really though.

has anyone put more than 30 hours intop this game without being bored?

I haven't played a racing game since Need for Speed Underground.

Would I enjoy this? It looks pretty.

>no peugeot t16
shit game

>the aa on the headlights

On everything.

;)

it was the first barn find for me.

>tfw I just want to use my stupid 2014 Toyota Corolla in one of these games

Boy do i love these games, but man do they have so much of season pass, dlc bullshit. thank god i'm not a poor fag though

No twingo, no buy

i have a 1080p dick

Its not australian enough

Which car has the widest tires? Biggest i've found are the 345's on my dart hemi superstock.

Does anyone actually use the tuning mechanics? Seems a bit over my head, but I'm not too much of an irl car guy.

I don't mess with the gear ratios too much, but I do give the chassis a tweak if I have trouble with understeer or oversteer.

Does anyone know why Im unable to join a multiplayer session on pc? i get the prompts to join but the prompt disapears after a lil while when i try to join

i cant even join my own private server

I have a 970 so I'm scared to buy this game. Is it that badly optimized?

Theres something about it that isn't even as good as part 2. the game feels by the numbers too much.

I think its because there isn't many showcase races and being the boss makes the game feel tedious. there is no goal to win the game.

If you are looking for a club [peen] Harambe is open

for 1080p you cant play it at 60fps on ultra. if that matters to you, then yeah it's unoptimized.

if you wanted to, you can easily run the game though. do you NEED 60fps? then just dont play on ultra.

do you NEED ultra? then its a really stable at 30fps.

this game is nowhere near as bad as Deus Ex or other games. and it has an excuse too because it is fucking gorgeous.

I've got a 970 and I get around 70fps but with lower settings than I might have liked.

What the fuck are you doing? You're supposed to have focus on the car and blur the surroundings, not the othet way round.

What resolution are you running at? These screenshots were taken on a reference GTX 980.

Depends how much your peecee cost

It's not that the game is poorly optimized it's more of Microsoft's stupid fucking DRM that's killing people's CPUs.

Bad enough I'm downloading the Xbone version right now because the stuttering and frame rate dips became too much to bear.

The game runs at 30fps just fine, but if I have to run the game at 30fps, I figured I might as well play it on the couch

Based Forza 4

Sorry I'll make sure to meet your standards in the future

This.
I'm playing it at 30fps on ultra but I feel kinda shitlord because of it. Might as well play it on Xbox if you got one instead.

>PCfats spent $2000 on a computer that can't even run this game at 60 fps
I truly pity these idiots.

>get the new cumulative update
>SP Races with AI crash and artifact after like a minute
Oh well

general performance is better my 390x went from not being able to run the game at all 30fps or less to around 50-60fps at ultra 4xmsaa 1080p unlocked fps

Still stutters and fps dips randomly to 30fps but its better than it was.

still not good enough as we've had to wait a week and the game still isnt playable

welp nigga u buying it

>those vinyl shapes
Shit man how did you do that?

I tried to make a Castrol Tom's Supra but i can't seem to get the vinyls right

45 hours in

still having fun

I tune everything

all the cars under-steer like fucking mad unless I do, just mess with shit and you will learn what to do and what not to do

tfw when running at 3440x1440 at 80 fps

what do you spend all this time doing? i want to get the game but fear ill get bored quick. does it take a long time to unlock allt he cars and is the multiplayer gonna keep u comin bacK?

if it were an intake it would be facing the other way

>does it take a long time to unlock allt he cars

if you mean all 350, yes it takes forever

if you are talking about how lone it takes to get 10 mil credits, not long at all

I just like driving and racing so its been consistent entertainment, online gets fucked if im playing with xbox players (laggy as shit) but otherwise its great fun with friends and if you mange to get a convoy going with randoms its amazing

has anyone made Redline decals for the other Trans Ams?

even if you lock it to 30fps you have input delay way worse than the xbone version

something is seriously fucked with the pc version

yeah i saw this on the forums

game has huge issues and the latest windows update patch didnt solve much for me

the game itself is getting a major patch seen

>i7 960
Am I fucked? I don't mind putting shit on lowest to compensate for my 280 but I would like to see 75fps

>locking at 30

just dont even bother at that point

refund and wait for a fix

yes

That's the other reason besides the video problems I switched to the Xbone version.
The input delay is atrocious for a racing game.

I have a i7 950 and it runs without dips on ultra at 30.

first game this generation to make me gutted i dont have an xbox one or pc

>p-ps4 master r-race

to put shit in perspective even after the latest patch i barely get 50-60fps and tonnes of stuttering with a i5 4690 4ghz and a 390x

ultra looks amazing

>I switched to the Xbone version
All according to plan

dont worry the pc version is borken atm anyway
when it works though it is AMAZING

even if i havent been able to get SP races to work without freezes and tonnes of crashes in general

Boner version is the one to get atm
Silly jewdogger

I wouldn't put it past them if they came out at E3 in a few years and said "We tried the Play Anywhere thing, but none of you guys liked the PC versions, so we going back to console only."

>tfw u roll an 08 viper CRT horizon edition which doubles cash from races

>tfw get the jag for double xp

>dem wheelspins

I often tune the gear ratios, tire pressure, downforce, ride height and I toy with the suspension settings to see whats causing this fucking understeer

>tfw u roll an Ford GT horizon edition at 272mph

boy just ditch the ecoboost meme, the V12 is the superior engine

>t. enzo ferrari

wut r u, casul?

It triggers me so hard that they use the ZR1 and it's shit-tier eggcrate vents and not the much cooler ZL1 with the shark gills.

Plus, the ZL1 was actually fast.

>diff average

pffft

>MFW i realized having damage and tire wear on means you can run out of gas
>final stretch of the Goliath circuit
>run out of gas

>ABS off
This is a meme.

Cars have fucking ABS unless you're racing mostly older stuff.

is this true?

yes, you can run out of gas, but you can refill anywhere but the fests

>average difficulty
>clutchless """""""""""""manual""""""""""""""""
pleb

this

abs is the only assist I keep on

Post your cars, you bus riding scum

how?

Is that in the base game or do you need to buy the deluxe edition or some shit.

It annoys me how rarely my beloved Stingray appears in games.

i wish i was joking, i was driving in third person and my car started sputtering so i go first person to check and i see the fuel gauge is on E... FUCK

Do you prefer automatic too because cars simply have it?

by setting the damage model on simulation, and for the refill enter and exit the fest

base game

If the point is to simulate a driving experience, turning off ABS is fucking pointless.

None of you are good enough to properly threshold brake in real life, why even fucking pretend you can in Forza?

It's like saying, most cars are I4, why drive anything else?

Fuck you.

M8, that's retarded. Most performance cars have ABS. Unless you have a fantasy of driving a Ford GT with a broken master cylinder, ABS should be on.

coolbeans

i turned it off because i kept crashing due to the game dorpping down to 30-40fps for no reason

>caring about steering
>not just driving in a straight line until you win the race

But you know you can turn assists off in cars, right?

It's similiar to comparing manual to automatic, you get to decide what the car does, instead of what the computer thinks is the best course of action.

Only people who don't like cars that much are into modern day supercars. At least for Lambos and Ferraris. They're just status symbols these days.

but why would you?

there is no advantage to not having it unlike automatic vs manual or no traction control/steering assists

>but why would you?
Get the fuck out

i bet you play witha fucking keyboard

Did you miss my point of having more control over what your car does?

Have you never driven a modern car?

You can't "deactivate" ABS. It's not like traction control.

You need to literally pull a fuse, which makes the car fucking WORSE.

>you get to decide what the car does, instead of what the computer thinks is the best course of action.
Do you even know what ABS does?
It's objectively better than non-ABS brakes.

ABS LITERALLY GIVE YOU BETTER CONTROL OVER THE CAR DURING BRAKING.

What if I want to lock my brakes? Even if it's a retarded thing to do, it still falls into what I want to do, hence more control. And you can do what ABS does manually as well.

but what does that control give you when it comes to brakes?

every other assist is simply better disabled, but I dont see why ABS would be better off

>Only people who don't like cars that much are into modern day supercars.
>At least for Lambos and Ferraris
What the actual fuck? The LaFerrari is one of the sexiest cars around m8.

Is there really no way to play this on Windows 7?

Use the e-brake then.

Thanks, I'll be grateful even for that

e brake

>And you can do what ABS does manually as well.

nigga what

you can throttle the brakes 20 times a second in perfect timing with when the tires start to lock up?

I thought that was a hypercar. My bad. Hypercars are different to me, they feel more performance oriented and are really too expensive for eople who don't care that much to buy. LaFerrari is pretty rad though.

I did the same, also Im very propone to smash into other cars in the horizon game, I had to turn it off

You are retarded and obviously don't drive in real life.

Locking your brakes is not something you do intentionally. It does not give you " a better connection". It does not affect pedal feel. This is not like hydraulic vs electric steering, or always on TC.

>And you can do what ABS does manually as well.
No, you fucking can't. You are confusing ABS with threshold braking, which is literally easier to do with an ABS equipped car. ABS is objectively better in every way.

I bet you'd disable braking altogether if it were labelled "speed assist" in the options

>fartza

its dead, what did the heps/seps post have?

because having abs on in a 1990+ car is REALISTIC

>fart club

Shart Whoreeyeon

Can I find the Barn Finds before the game prompts me to? I couldn't get the Falcon GT garage to open. I also wanted the three wheeled meme car.

Even in the 90s, most performance vehicles had an ABS option.

Somehow I doubt that the cars modeled in Forza are the poverty spec stripper models.

tanks have better vision than this

>tfw my father is a retired detective and his day to day hobby is literally driving around the country in classic American muscle cars hunting for barn finds, shipping them back to his shop to later restore them and sell at Barret Jackson

mfw doing a head to head bounty with a damaged engine and alignment

>2016
>still using direction control like a CASUAL

Can you unlock the DLC cars in the game the normal way or is the onl, wa, to get them to purchase the DLC. I don't mind not having the "special forza version" as long as there is the base car available.

Wait... are there DLC locked cars? what the fuck you pay for a game at release and you have to pay extra for more cars?

>There's no 2017 Camaro ZL1 in game

It's cause radical larry is driving

WELCOME TO FORZA!

>expect semi-realistic driving/racing game
>check out gameplay video because of all the hype
>ice-skating sim 2016

dropped

Forza Motorsport is the more simmy version.

>ice-skating sim 2016
I bet you watched a drift build video

I'm not sure if you were genuinely interested or shitposting, but there will be a demo later and you can change the physics for more difficulty. Aslo FM 6 is free on W10 and closer to a sim by default like mentions.

32 inch TV is not a resolution.

Bumping for this too, my dads a car nut but I don't want to shill 90-120 bucks for extra cars for him if they're pointless.

IIRC, the digital only Deluxe version has the car passes for DLC vehicles and is 80 USD. It also comes with VIP for double credits on spins to alleviate the grind. How much of a value that is is up to you all.

It's my first Forza Horizon so I'm not sure if it entitles me to all the car passes coming out. I hope someone clears that up.

you have to OC it though, mine's at 4GHz

I just bought it and am playing on my 970. I have no idea what it defaulted to graphics wise, but it looks bad ass and plays fine.

My good ol' i7 960 will cave in under the pressure of this game though, right? I have a R9 290, don't know if that alleviates some of the pressure.

Has anyone with Afterburner checked if it at least multithreads properly? These suggestions of setting core priority are worrying me. I'd like to run tests myself, but it's late here and this is a new install that I got to play the game.

If you want to play it, fuck 'em. It's awesome.

I'm probably on medium and I couldn't give a toss. It's hilariously fun to hoon around in 1997 Civic Type-R trying to get the credits for the mighty Quattro.

My nearby target's doing a buy the basic 60$ version plus the 30$ car pass get 10 bucks off so it's 80 bucks. It doesn't seem worth it if the 90$ ultimate version has the pass + vip and shit. It seems the 80 buck deluxe version just has 15 bonus cars at 30$ value and ultimate has 50$ in dlc added to 60$ price tag. Fucking jews.

True, though there's a difference between being able to play it and chugging along at 4FPS. I've some terrible port stories about this game so I'm waiting for the PC demo to test it out.

P-pls respond

Ah so it's the first couple of passes then? I knew that there would be something else besides charging ANOTHER $20 on top of Deluxe for just a 4 day advance on the release date. The real kicker is that no versions come with any of the expansions they may release.

Hummer has 345's

I've got a 4690k and a 970. It's playing like a dream on whatever it defaulted to. My DS4 had to be switched to exclusive mode to get it to stop fucking up, but then even it worked fine.

>Doesn't come with expansions
Fuck, maybe i'll just get the ultimate edition. He 100%'d 2 and is still collecting cars, it'd probly keep him busy for awhile.

>Cred Forums hates Forza
>Comes out on PC
>Non stop threads about it
What a shock, enjoy those scraps PC anons I already played the first 2 :^)

You cant pirate windows store games

I"ll have to go by the old adage of $1=1 hour of fun.
In that case it may be worth seeing as how 100% sound like an absolute chore.

It's rough, but not quite as bad as people claim. The way they talk you'd think you'd need a 6700k overclocked to hit medium.

An i7 960 will probably genuinely struggle though. You could maybe manage 30fps on low, but not consistently. There should be a PC demo in the future, I don't think they announced when yet, I'd wait for that.

I'm afraid that's now the "scraps" meme works, user. You see, we got this game on the same day console players did, if the PC port would have been released a year or so later (i.e. GTA) then your meme would have been justified.

It does, and his save got deleted somehow so he started over and is 100%ing it again. I have no idea how he does it, he probly loves cars.

you can brake way harder without ABS because ABS locks the wheels way before they lock from too much brake pressure. every serious driver who competes in races makes sure ABS is turned off in the ECU. its not recommended on your dailydriver because in traffic shit happens all the time and you don't want to lock out your wheels in panic.

>Also what's with the meme resolution?
Doesn't the game run like shit at 1080?

I meant that the game is just more of the same shit I played years ago with the first 2 horizon games, so yeah, PC scraps.

>turning off ABS is fucking pointless.
spotted the casul

>None of you are good enough to properly threshold brake in real life, why even fucking pretend you can in Forza?
>Everybody is a benchracer because i am one.

>ABS LITERALLY GIVE YOU BETTER CONTROL OVER THE CAR DURING BRAKING.
During everyday driving in traffic, yes.
When it comes to performance driving, no.

Is there any point to skill combos in free roam aside from getting skill points?

Am I the only one who gets an outright crash as soon as I enter the city's perimeter? Game runs pretty well apart from the occasional hang, but I can't get into that God damn city.

I'd be pissed if I didn't have my trust Xcock here to allow me to keep giving M$ my hard earned burger bucks.

Pretty sure it's just for skill points.

If you want to be seriously racing, you will have ABS turned on. No car used in racing has ABS installed, nor any other assists. They interfere with the driver and their precision.

However, track conditions can favor ABS, especially in the rain.

Yeah I kinda fucked up with OC, as the biggest proprietary PSU that goes into my case is 500w bronze, as I bought a second hand Shuttle case, and it's also feeding a R9 280, the MSI one no less. I'm at 3.6ghz and the total power draw from the wall is around 400w while gaming and 520w when running PSU stresser test in OCCT. I guess the cheapest option would be just to get the Bloomfield hexacores at this point off of ebay, that could give me a bit more headroom for few more years.

race cars don't have ABS, without ABS you brake harder ergo shorter braking distance, you can lock up the wheels if you brake hard enough tho

It is an intake. it's so water doesn't come in it that it face the other way so the car can ford rivers.

Every game is more of the same shit these days.

>What a shock, enjoy those scraps PC anons I already played the first 2 :^)
Horizion 2 was pretty meh

i sold it with my xboner

kept h1 and my 360 tho and its my personal favorite even after 5 years

Both the Subaru BRZ and th etoyota 86 but no scion frs which is weird

Skill combos turn into skill points, which turn into extra money/XP/whatever. If you spend them on the right perks.

I have so much invested in the cash/xp bonuses now that the whole immediate satisfaction tree seems pointless. I could make those types of gains in a single event and come out with more skill points to boot.

Got 8 mils, most of the cars, all Forza Edition cars leveling is pointless since i'm getting duplicates. I'm bored i don't have incentive to play anymore.

84* mils

>I fuck up limit braking and trail braking so none of you can do it either!

Piss off casual.

not him but i spend most of my time drifting different cars and builds around and if that gets boring ill just find a race track that looks good play that.
Also online with friends but they arent always on

best car for racing? Im using the mustang boss HE and im getting bored

the dino is fucking garbage without upgrades

depend which type of racing, with a lot of corners or straight line or offroad at desert/forrest?

What would you say for each? I use that mustang for most races or the warthog or the ariel nomad for offroad

A lot of corners?

Agile, pretty quick car to easily take any corner - Audi Sport Quatro S1 1986,
Offroad car - Baldwin Motorsports Monster Energy Trophy Truck 2015
Fastest car with cash bonus - Ford GT Horizon Edition 2017
Fastest car while still having AWD suspension - Bugatti Veyron Super Sport 2011 / Mclaren P1 and Lambos are super fast too but not as fast and not as stable
Goliath 2x xp farming car - Subaru BRZ Horizon Edition

So is there real-time weather in this game?

Cool I'll check those out thanks

yes and real-time weapon change

can i have BFG and fuck those nasty lambos by one shotting them?

Scion got merged into the toyota name like a year ago

Underated