WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO MONSTER HUNTER?

youtube.com/watch?v=H1IrJ7OkRnU

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Stories:_Ride_On
youtube.com/watch?v=DFXaHsNgZqo
youtube.com/watch?v=lwjmUWh-ymo
youtube.com/watch?v=7lpMMwWGhJs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Have you ever given birth to a still born baby?

>bawww monhun is dead forever bloo bloo

Cool!

Reminder that monster hunter was always goofy

I don't like Monster Hunter games but I think Stories looks fun. The fact that its different is what's appealing about it. It looks much cuter and the combat doesn't look as slow

Can't believe they've done this to such a serious franchise. It's over.

my only problem is that cat
im guessing they made it look like nightmare fuel because it can emote better with a human face

It's a 'we are going down the same kawaii route as squarenix is with world of final fantasy' episode

>the combat doesn't look as slow
It's turn-based. It's not possible to get any slower than that.

>it's a guy who knows nothing about the series tries to fit in episode

What a fantastic intro, I always forget that Capcom has a good studio for those FMVs.

Hope they don't take too long in localizating Stories. They sure took forever with late 3rd and 4th gen but quickly localized the garbage that was Gen and nobody wanted.

western release when?

It's called "not giving a fuck about Americans"

I just wish the cat partner was an actual felyne and not this piece of shit

Looks like one of those early morning kids cartoons

>it's a fat basement dweller weeaboo who wants his chinese kawaii shit everywhere episode

>WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO MONSTER HUNTER?

Ask MHGen the same thing

Damn it user, not everything is a federation force, an actual MH game came out just a few months ago, a spin off is not going to hurt.

>No Gore Magala Mount
SHIT
0/10 WOULD NOT BUY

Its not the same kind of slow. In turn based games, the speed is as fast as I make it. But in actual Monster Hunter games, the speed is only as fast as it takes to chase after an enemy and go through repeated attack animations.

I guess that's a kind of dumb distinction, but I think in turn-based games, the player has more pace over the speed of the battle.

I FEEL THE URGE TO REE!

That's because it is.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Stories:_Ride_On

Depends on the animations as well

Gen III Pokemon had fast battle animations and Gen IV had much slower ones

Is this about catching monsters and breeding them or something? I've never played monster hunter but it seems like a pretty cool idea.

looks cute for a spin off game

wonder if it will ever come west or at least get a fan translation with 3ds cfw being pretty common

Pretty much.

If they don't localize this beauty after having quickly localized the hot garbage that was Gen it will only be adding insult to injury.

Can I still dress my Chibi Hunter in cute outfits that I've painstakingly earned? Particularly battle skirts?

Why the fuck are they trying to glorify stealing a parent's offspring and making it seem like a happy and OK thing to do?

Imagine if someone broke into your house and stole you from your mother when you were a baby.

The premise of this game is all sorts of wrong. Fuck these guys and fuck this game.

yes, you can even be a girl character

Yes, and they added in helmet hiding to this before any of the mainline games.

Way to go, 12 year old!

WHERE'S THE GAMEPLAY

>that uncanny valley

>MH5
>new Rath variant
>one eyed Rathalos, exclusive fight by using its MHStories Amiibo

In the wild the monster would just be abandoned after it reaches a certain age. Its got a lifelong friend and caretaker now

>it's a guy who gets triggered at an anonymous user for stating a fact

This is sad.

This one is a JRPG spin-off using the same setting and bestiary, though one they're surprisingly putting a lot of effort into it. You can capture monsters in the main series, but it's effectively an alternative defeat state for a different table of rewards.

When you consider how rough around the edges the first generation of Monster Hunter was, especially for a Capcom series, the franchise has come quite a fair way.

Apparently it's pretty good from early review scores. But then again Other M got excellent review scores.

>Windmill blades are rath wings

fucking brutal

You said it yourself, it would be better if the riders came in and tamed those young monsters AFTER they reached that certain age during which they are abandoned.

As it is, you're denying the parent and child their time together as a family. My point still stands.

This game is not promoting proper values I'd want children to be learning and imitating.

Its a fucking spinoff game, stop crying.

Gen 5 is coming, no one is forcing you to play Stories.

>Guys.
>Ever being cute.
The only cute guy is a guy that looks like a girl, which MH never has.

Okay, but do we know how to get the cute outfits yet? Is it still killing Monsters and crafting from materials?

If 5 is contaminated by Gen's garbage you might as well play Stories instead since it looks a lot more promising.

>monster tamer will never be a thing in the main series
Ni insect glaive doesn't count.

Yes, except you do so with the aid of your own monster. Also, you get stuff depending on a battle rating, though breaks apparently are still in, but not for all monsters.

>he wants a monster with abandonment issues

What's wrong with Gen exactly?

Last MoHun I played was Freedom Unite and Tri

The same thing they did to Mega Man in 2001.

>not promoting proper values
It's a fucking video game, user.
It's not like a 10 year old is gonna play Stories then decide to steal their neighbor's cat or something.
And for that matter, shouldn't you be bitching more about mainline MH, seeing as it's so violent and promoting animal abuse? Fucking goddamn retard.

The young monster you fucking stole from its mother before it even hatched, and will never know what having a mother is like is the one that's going to have abandonment issues, you dumbfuck.

Do you think young adults have abandonment issues when they finally have to stop living with their parents and find their own place to live? Oh wait, I forgot you still live in your mom's basement.

Japan's / gaming's creative economy has gone bankrupt.

Battle Network was great and kinda unique at the time. Stories just looks too cliche, even if they had dropped the game on us a few years back, it'd still be kinda outdated.

man you just reminded me to go finish 3 blue
fuck those navi time challenges

Pretty pink pussoir

>he thinks a stolen child can't have abandonment issues

jeeeeeeeeesuuuuuuuuuuuus

This only makes me wish there was a full animated movie set with this kind of animation in the world of MH Stories.

By the way, how is the demo?

>arguing over such morals in a fucking monster raising game

>that zinogre

OH MY FUCK

That grass looked damn nice.

ANOTHER POKEMON GAME?

That cat still creeps me out.

Someone post that webm of Narga tail slamming the babby Rath.

>no prettiest girl

INTO
THE
FUCKING
TRASH

Cool cool.

Do we have any examples of clothing available at all? I'm more interested in the people side, to be honest.

I hope you never get to raise children

THOSE FLASHBACKS
MY SIDES

Did he died?!

There's some in this.

>Monster Hunter Stories
>Pokemon Sun and Moon
>Application Monsters

It's gonna be a good three months for Trainer RPGs in Japan on 3DS.

So is there a lore reason why the fuck there's chibi cute monsters and regular MH monsters in the same world wtf

Sure there is. ATB.

It's a good thing we fight wild monsters and not steroid pumping trained monsters

>Nerscylla is in the game
Well shit, they got my spiderbro. Now I'm interested.

How is this even possible? isn't Tamamitsune poplar as shit in Japan? how the fuck did they not put it in the game?

Made a another spin-off to add to the list of spin-offs they already made.

IIRC, the chibi ones the player rides are actual baby monsters.

There's something legit wrong looking with that fucking cat.

Thicc

I'm not sure how I feel about the head size, but otherwise it doesn't look so bad.

Thank you.

There's no complete monster list yet. Nerscylla, Popo, Apeceros, Agnaktor, Kecha Wacha, and Bulldrome are all shown to be in the game, but they are not on the list on the website.

I wish MH was on consoles. I played the shit out of MH3U on WiiU. My hands start to hurt after only a short while while playing a 3DS

MHGen introduces hunter arts and styles, the latter of which are moveset modifiers. Aerial style is cheese, Adept with the right weapons trivializes most monsters, and Striker is either objectively worse or better than Guild depending on the weapon.

Though hunter arts help give SOME weapons more tools to use, there's bullshit like Switch Axe never having to use axe mode ever again as well as free i-frame dodges that also sheathe or sharpen/reload.

There are many things 'wrong' with MHGen, especially the overall pacing and the endgame padding, but I think Absolute Evasion/Readiness and Aerial/Adept styles are some of the largest offenders which I think some of us don't want to see in another mainline game because they're fucking retarded.

Like, go look at a time attack using Adept DB.

I'd rather the yellow one here, or the green one

This game is going give me a fucking cat fetish.

So is this basically Pokemon-like combat with MH monsters?

WAIT A MINUTE, THAT CAT.

Oh, don't worry, user. He's got an entire posse of mutant freaks

Based Narga killing off the cancer Raths before they grow up

The chibis are juveniles.

Basically.

He's voiced by MAO though so it's a tiny bit okay.

FAT
CAT
TATS

Oh my fuck. Cat fetish is go

>Peco
>throws the bomb up in the air
>somehow, the midair explosion, which is nearly 100 feet in the air, damages the enemy, who is standing on the ground
Yea, sure. That's fine. That makes perfect sense, game.

..more

>not just having peco summon a stampede
One job

He's still alive.

Most likely Generations came out too late for it's monsters to be put under consideration

M-Maybe in the sequel

So what is the gameplay like exactly? do you pick what monster to raise? or is it linear story shit? what's even the point just advance gear like MH? or there's a plot to follow like some JRPG ?

I really do not see any problem with this title... in fact it looks like a real winne... uh...

>3DS

...ffffffFFFFF!!!

BB(c)W!!

I wonder what kind of incentive they'll put in to get you to keep the one-eyed Rathalos with you, over say, just going out and getting an Azure.

felines were a mistake

>baby khezu
>smaller version of the adult

I thought Khezu whelps were the babies?

NO STOP FUCK YOU I WANT A COMPANION TAMA

Didn't this game have an Umaru collab?

Why do people freak of about the cat so much? It's just a generic cartoon cat, it fits for this game. Besides, normal felynes are also in the game for all the MH purists out there.

"The secondary"
"the tech nerd"
"the leader"
"the dorky kid"
"the hyper thic slut"

Yeah

Story reasons. My guess is, you can have a number of monsters with you at a time, like Pokemon or something, but the one-eyed Rath is a permanent fixture in the party.

That's kinda why this cat and his gang are so weird. The game has the normal cats, yet still has the retarded anime ones.

Either story quests or a forced party member forever or maybe until a certain point

Wasn't there like a fusion chamber or something? A thing to fuse monsters together to change skills/elements around?

My guess is One-Eyed Rath is like the Pixie from Nocturne.

From what I gathered, you pick which monsters to rise by strealing their eggs from mother's nest. There are quests and gear crafting just like in the mainline MH, but the battles are turn based. There is also some monster combining system like in DQM/Monster Rancher, where if you combine the right "genes" you can get shit like fire breathing Lagombi. There will likely be some light plot centred around the half-blind Rathalos, but nothing for certain since the game didn't come out in Japan yet.

Capcom has already said they think it'll sell poorly, and its preorders suck.

Just call it: Monster Hunter: Federation. Made some kiddie crap and tried to sell it with a really-popular-in-Japan franchise's name. Consumers are smarter than that.

>gigginox will never come back

There is

Japan can't stop pandering to moe culture and the absurd childishness it has taken up over the last decade.

I see nothing wrong HERE op

And to be honest I feel like this style might be a bit more visually interesting for a handheld, I hope it comes west after the sales figures of the last MonHuns

>The only monster hunter games I've ever played are MH4U and MHGen: the post

more

Scared of losing your hardcurr gamurr cred, autist?

It's the type of thing that relies on its tie-in material to sell, like Pokemon and YKW.

Why do you insist that Generations is garbage? Why is it that bad?

>Pokemon
>relies on tie-in material to sell
Other way around m8

Tbh I've been super hyped for this game since I first heard about it. What's the case for the gameplay? Last I heard it was turn based but that was a long time ago

It's just a lazy cashgrab with like one mediocre gimmick strapped on. They didn't even bother to make the game run at 60fps on N3DS this time around.

Stories on the other hand does something new and interesting while not running on puke inducing graphics, but will likely not be localised because Capjews likes holding good games hostage (see AAI2).

Well the anime is getting a dub with Funimation, so maybe it'll happen.

Pokemon fucking pioneered the tie-in model for games. In Japan it got legs by itself, but if not for the massive push in advertising and tie-in materials it never would've made a boom in the west and possibly wouldn't have had the longevity it does in Japan.

Fuck, Marry, Kill

I'd go kill, marry fuck myself

It's still turn based, it has the 3 lives deal like normal MH, though because of that you and your monster are apparently glass cannons.

Easily best girl so far.

In late 90ties and early 00s, yes

But nowadays nobody except autists gives a fuck about the cartoon or the trading card game, while the games still remain one of the, if not the biggest system sellers for Nintendo handhelds. The cash cow shit came and went, the game managed to stick around 20 years later and it doesn't need any tie in garbage to push tens of millions of sold copies with every entry.

Yea, Barioth is a pretty great monster, ain't it?

It's nowhere near boom level, but the games in sales aren't either.

Barioth is both cute and wrongfully excluded from 4U and Gen, but I was referring to the girl easily being better than any other NPC's I've seen.

Of course, but they still manage to be some of the best selling games around

XY sold over 15 mln copies, 4 million in Japan alone. It's one of the only series Monster Hunter can't beat in it's strongest market, let alone worldwide.

>kirin
We Naruto now!

No, I got the joke.

It just wasn't funny, so I elected to ignore it.

Will you buy her Amiibo?

the combat is literally rock paper scissors though. go check out combat footage.

It's a spinoff for little kids dumbass. I love MH, but, this is made for kids. Get over it.

I'm probably reading too far into it, but it kind of makes sense for the game. In normal Monhun, you basically master monsters by learning their patterns, and predicting or reading them. In Stories, your monster, and enemy monsters all have an inclination toward using certain patterns based on what kind of monster they are, which you have to learn and make use of via the rock, paper, scissors combat.

Didn't those games sell like shit compared to the normal MH?

Well, unless it sells like hotcakes it'll always sell like shit compared to a normal MH.

But it sold enough to get a G version.

>Both female and male MC Amiibos have the one eye's rath.

VITA PORT WHEN

>Calling the rath a split second before getting bitten saves him.

I'm calling shenanigans.

So just like all turn based games? Got it.

Fuck you you guys have the good Digimon games.

Not really.

モンスターハンター
2004年3月11日
PS2 - 288,559

モンスターハンターG
2005年1月20日
PS2 - 237,393
Wii - 236,020

モンスターハンターポータブル
2005年12月1日
PSP - 1,122,604

モンスターハンター2(ドス)
2006年2月16日
PS2 - 692,228

モンスターハンターポータブル 2nd
2007年2月22日
PSP - 1,723,187

モンスターハンターポータブル 2nd G
2008年3月27日
PSP - 4,206,723

モンスターハンター3(トライ)
2009年8月1日
Wii - 1,077,273

モンスターハンターポータブル 3rd
2010年12月1日
PSP - 4,801,854
PS3 - 441,375

モンスターハンター3(トライ)G
2011年12月10日
3DS - 1,924,664
WiiU - 221,586

モンスターハンター4
3DS - 3,556,119

モンスターハンター4G
2015年7月30日
3DS - 2,594,453

モンスターハンタークロス
2015年11月28日
3DS - 2,780,090

モンハン日記 ぽかぽかアイルー村
2010年8月26日
PSP - 583,536

モンハン日記 ぽかぽかアイルー村G
2011年8月10日
PSP - 245,210

アイルーでパズルー
2012年7月19日
PSP - 10,093

モンハン日記 ぽかぽかアイルー村DX
2015年9月10日
3DS - 112,317

My only goal in life is to combine a Deviljho with a Rathalos.

Fuck Right, marry Middle, kill Left.

>Takes place in the regular MH world, but in a remote corner of it.
>People have actually maneged to tame and domesticate monsters to help on hunts.
>Monster and hunter lads become genuine friends that benefit one another.
>And not only domesticate, but breed new varieties of said monsters, diversifying the species.

Hunters in the rest of the world confirmed for being the real monsters.

have you looked at the gameplay or are you just trying to be cute

There are armies still waging war on one another in the MH world and scientists accidentally birthing Elder Dragons that hey are attempting to experiment on. The rest of the world is full of bloodcrazed savages.

Well user it appears they are trying something new

>"Why is my Monster Hunter not the same old shit REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

They've been trying something new since the first MH mobile game in 2006.

Will this get fan translated? Because I doubt they'll bring it over.

The scientists being Frankenstines I'm sure was just "could have happened" territory. Not actually true. Unless there is something that references that in the games?

Last felyne game didn't get translated. The team who made mhx and mhp3rd english patch were last working on mho english patch. Go figure.

Numerous quests in a few of the games involve people requesting you gather monster eggs for otherwise unknown experiments that are either illegal to talk about or they are so top secret that they don't discuss them at all.

In fact that one in 4U with the Crimson Fatalis is a line of quests that opens with "What are we doing with these? None of your fucking business, get the egg you faggot."

Artian armor and relic weapons.

MONSTER HUNTER 4TH GEN IN HD!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=DFXaHsNgZqo

BRING BACK SHAKALAKA

BRING BACK KAYAMBA

>In fact that one in 4U with the Crimson Fatalis is a line of quests that opens with "What are we doing with these? None of your fucking business, get the egg you faggot."

Wasn't that just the egg mafia?

youtube.com/watch?v=lwjmUWh-ymo

Why does everyone hate Gens?

I've played MH since Freedom Unite and I rather enjoy it.

Hunter arts and styles are too OP, no G rank, and deviants are worst that 140GQ, But any of that is completely optional except for the lack of G rank, naked runs and solo is still enjoyable anyways.

Long story short, they are retarded, MHGen might not be the best MonHun game but it isn't bad.

HAS SCIENCE GONE TOO FAR?

There's legit some retardation going on.

So how long until we get power armor?

would make for a fun weapon

a weapon and armor combined into one item

Those special animations

I'd be down with them having a mainline game with Stories graphical style

Or at the very least give us some more damn customization looks, Capcom, you've been using these same damn faces and hairstyles since the PS2 days!

>that rathaian tailspin
Sick as fuck.

Where the fuck have you been this whole year?

So is it the training with people that turns them into anime or is it just exaggerated?

not exaggerated or anime at all, looks a lot like Frontier shit actually

youtube.com/watch?v=7lpMMwWGhJs

look at 1:35 for death vacuum, kills in like one hit

What if in MH5 you can take young versions of monsters with you as hunting dogs during hunts?

Also, Monster Hunter needs more giant mammalian monsters.

Better than the fucking cats i always wanted little pickle

Someone please tell me you can get rid of that abortion of a cat for a normal looking one. Otherwise zero interest. I cant get over how shitty it looks

Oh, is that a new Pixar movie ?

Wait a minute, that concept...

It was ruined the time they decided to go full nintendo.

I've never played, and never want to play Monster Hunter because of how retarded all the weapons and armors look. I just... cant.

This however looks like something I'd want to play.

>Managing to just barely dodge spam out of the spin after fucking up and running with his turn instead of against it

I can only imagine what Japanese obscenities were yelled out.
Probably can only do that with duals though.