Excited for this gem to finally come to the west? Me too

Excited for this gem to finally come to the west? Me too.
youtube.com/watch?v=sdVvgdVglOw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9WBzFoYwSVY
youtube.com/watch?v=DTv36mp86LY
youtube.com/watch?v=49VqnwKuBm8
pastebin.com/a5AspRJj
pcsx2.net/download.html
emuparadise.me/Sony_Playstation_2_ISOs/Yakuza_(USA)/151002
emuparadise.me/Sony_Playstation_2_ISOs/Yakuza_2_(USA)/151001
emuparadise.me/biosfiles/bios.html
youtube.com/watch?v=-Od7nj0FmiA
pastebin.com/Pav6M3Dn
buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php
youtube.com/watch?v=RaHpspRzbS0
youtube.com/watch?v=Bx-cFyf7XdY
blog.us.playstation.com/2016/09/27/playstation-experience-2016-hits-anaheim-ca-this-december/
youtube.com/watch?v=XXrVeiEXtYs
youtube.com/watch?v=yYKLW_DcGow&index=11&list=FLn7tqWOirUJm9c8vWqO30Cw
youtube.com/watch?v=iVMxyxjTlaA
youtube.com/watch?v=MvS1RoHP_aA
youtube.com/watch?v=PgKmSixrrMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=pONkmj4trhE
youtube.com/watch?v=DY8WZe7g850
youtube.com/watch?v=Z_dijS1tzmg
lparchive.org/Ryuu-ga-Gotoku-Kenzan/
lparchive.org/Ryuu-ga-Gotoku-Kenzan
gamefaqs.com/ps3/943326-ryu-ga-gotoku-kenzan/faqs/52464
twitter.com/JohnLHardin/status/781638478362574848
youtube.com/watch?v=OR3T13z17hs
forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Low-end-PCSX2-v1-0-0-v1-3-0-settings
youtube.com/watch?v=WYA-o-XdOAU
youtube.com/watch?v=1MMXh7OsUwo
youtube.com/watch?v=WR3eXtaMlIs
youtube.com/watch?v=HLjYICgR5og&list=PLHIg0uDVJMVyQ8RQVpZaulU_38QwP1qBb
youtube.com/watch?v=FRe85J3t8bA
youtube.com/watch?v=eigc6AV04XQ
youtube.com/watch?v=i69L2k9xYQw
youtube.com/watch?v=LE6YExmqdFc
youtu.be/PgKmSixrrMQ
mega.nz/#!w4sV3IaI!QEGoQqLCjGdV3FDzvC-BRWWEHhOentXKsiH8hUypKfE
mega.nz/#!NxVwQTyS!B-dQwNvzE-BrVU3Ng8-Ewczy_S-7B6C9j-Kz_6UQEWk
youtube.com/watch?v=MUTt6TrUJ3A
youtube.com/watch?v=jrkG-ew3QUg
youtube.com/watch?v=lzk0lfVw9hk
youtube.com/watch?v=FNcVZUptzLg
youtube.com/watch?v=LkIbZzNIK48
youtube.com/watch?v=sssPf5Vz0B8
youtube.com/watch?v=wKmmzB-o4sQ&index=9
twitter.com/JohnLHardin/status/781860962374590464
pastebin.com/L1ypDL83
youtube.com/watch?v=0BTpQTzj8iE
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=31895283
youtube.com/watch?v=6YZlFdTIdzM
youtube.com/watch?v=DkM64u0pid8
youtu.be/kGrX0S1CmEY?t=37s
youtube.com/watch?v=EqUOFUrUGbQ
boingboing.net/2010/08/10/yakuza-3-review.html
youtube.com/watch?v=iJyYrrDKYZE
youtube.com/watch?v=k_lgXlNVkBo
youtu.be/CMC9kkrnUY4?t=12m17s
ign.com/videos/2016/09/30/yakuza-0-17-minutes-of-meeting-goro-majima
youtu.be/rb5DILFgiJU
youtube.com/watch?v=qC-w6bJiVjE
imdb.com/title/tt0169929/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl
youtube.com/watch?v=2peKiJjJZt4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

For fuck sakes I want the ps4 static theme yet wanna pre order a physical copy.

Replaying the series before this arrive, currently on 3
The story may be weak but fuck those substories may be the most amusing of the series
I say "may" 'cause nothing can surpass the pool of money one from Akiyama in 4

Is this 0? I've never played a Yakuza game, can I jump right into this? I heard it's a prequel. Will knowing nothing about the series be okay?

Yeah, it's Zer0. And tho they'll be some character who fans will know from the precious titles, this is essentially a prequel so it serves as a great starting point for new fans to jump in. (Which will hopefully get us 6 too eventually)

It a prequel, but you really should play in release order. Going back to play Y1 is going to be hard after being spoiled by 0s gameplay, and I doubt the remake will be localized.

K I'm trusting you. I saw gameplay footage and really wanted to get it, but when I searched if it was a good series starting point I couldn't find anything. Everyone kept talking about 6.

If I regret my purchase, however, I will find you Liam Neeson style.

Spoiling gameplay is no problem for me. I can pop back into a series or go retro any time. I've been playing games long enough that I'm not any kind of graphics/gameplay/fps kind of whore.

I played P4G before Persona 3 and still loved it.

The series has been building it's gameplay since the very first game, 0 is the culmination of that long process, starting there will make it really hard to go back, especially 1 since it's janky as fuck

>Sega doing fuck all marketing again

>Will knowing nothing about the series be okay?

Why do retards always ask this for games that are story heavy?

Because it's a prequel?

I'm not talking about Yakuza 6, am I now, you autistic faggot.

>They are also spending money on physical copies
This does not bode well.

That's like going into a MGSV thread and asking if knowing nothing about the series will be okay.

POST FLY
youtube.com/watch?v=9WBzFoYwSVY

On a special edition even

I fucking love this theme man. It's great.
>This will be cut

Fuck. I didn't really mind it in the other games, but this just fits 0 so perfectly.

still mad to this fucking day that we didn't get this cover out west

>>This will be cut
Not so fast, they did say in a blog post that absolutely nothing will be cut this time around

Exactly.

Just started this series and it's great so far. just wondering if by the time I'm done with 2, they'll have 3,4 and 5 up on that ps3 streaming service for PC

I think he meant the install screen which has this music.

Pretty sure the song is still used in a boss fight though.

What will be cut is WHOA WHOA WHOA

I really hope so.

Oh shit, my bad I thought OP's song was Reign.

Ignore that post.

>you autistic faggot

This coming from someone who can't even play games properly.

>playing Yakuza
>hearing Final Fantasy

my dick can't handle this

youtube.com/watch?v=DTv36mp86LY

You stupid as hell

This. Damn it man.

Right?

SUGIUCHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

really overlooked boss theme

This always reminds me of Death Note who pulled some Final Fantasy sounding musics out of nowhere for the last 2 episodes

People give Tanimura a lot of shit but he was a really good character, and his segment was second best next to Kiryu's. Also better than Shinada's segment in 5, but I love both characters.

Hey kyodai, I think you got the wrong soor. Kareoke clubs 2 blocks down.

>not putting Reign in the OP

youtube.com/watch?v=49VqnwKuBm8

FUCK
OLD
MAN

Kiryu is too small

It pains me to think that if Tanimura came to 5 instead of Shinada, he would probably get his grab gimmick, my dick gets harder than diamonds just thinking abouting chaining his throws with other shits

pastebin.com/a5AspRJj

>Emulator
pcsx2.net/download.html
>Y 1 and 2
emuparadise.me/Sony_Playstation_2_ISOs/Yakuza_(USA)/151002
emuparadise.me/Sony_Playstation_2_ISOs/Yakuza_2_(USA)/151001
>Bios, select PS2
emuparadise.me/biosfiles/bios.html

POST YOUR KARAOKEFU!
hard mode: No Saejima Rouge of Love

youtube.com/watch?v=-Od7nj0FmiA

I just finished 2 for the first time.

Wow. That was one of the most substantial, complete, and satisfying games I've ever played. It's in my top games of all time alongside Deus Ex. It's that fantastic.

A well-written story, with some great twists.

Production values are great, especially the voice acting and cutscenes.

Soundtrack is fantastic and fits it well. The final boss theme was intense and appropriate. Very memorable theme.

Gameplay is a huge step up from 1. It feels great to fight groups of enemies. Kaoru wasn't even a hindrance when fighting with her, which was surprising. I actually liked it when we fought together.

This is a hugely underrated gem. Thanks a lot guys.

Onward to 3 after a break, but from you guys say, I shouldn't expect too much in terms of story. Still excited.

>playing Ishin
>subquest with a white guy with american stars n stripes kimono

Save this one emu user - v. 1.3

pastebin.com/Pav6M3Dn

I just added a section for kiwami and fixed some typos

Sorry for the constant changes, it should be good this time until 6 drops

>Thanks a lot guys

3 is nowhere near as epic in scale, but still a great game.

>>Emulator
>pcsx2.net/download.html
Change to buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php

I dont think so, it seems models are smaller than I remember in general,

Glad you liked it. It's one of my favorite games of all time as well.

3 holds up in boss fights and the sound track, dont expect hostesses though. I actually prefer it iver 4 because I feel kiryu's segment in that game is too small.

Glad you've tempered your expectations going forward a bit. 3 is just slow as hell and does some strange things with the story.

4 and 5 are great though, so know that it gets better. Welcome to the club brother, its a great series.

done and done

cheers lads

More like the lockers are gigantic

Do yourself a favor and seek Komaki as soon as possible when you return to Kamurocho, he only appears after you do a hobo sidequest, i went through my first playthrough without meeting him and it was hell! The enemies in 3 blocks so much to the point of annoyance so you really want that Tiger Drop and Komaki Parry on your arsenal

Thanks guys for the heads-up. Looking forward to finishing up the series just in time for 0. Definitely sticking around for these threads whenever they pop up.

christ my sides

hell yeah nigger

i think sony'll make sure kiwami and 6 get localized since they're responsible for 5 and 0 making it over here

>that filename

His name is Tom. He also appears as a super rare card in the battle dungeon.

On a similar note, why don't they allow screenshots or videos for these games? There's so much good shit that I'd want to take pictures of or record.

hahahaha, fuck. i need to import this

I dunno why, it's so weird. When I go into some building I can take screenshots.

Kiwami no, 6 maybe but only if 0 sales are good enough. Sony bought in to win people over, they aren't going to keep funding it just because, they'll need reasons. So unless 0 sells an absolute shitload it would be best to calm expectations.

Yakuza 6 eng story trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=RaHpspRzbS0

Yakuza 6 gameplay trrailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Bx-cFyf7XdY

Also, keep an eye out for the PS Event happening December 3-4. They announced 5's release date and 0's localized at last year's event.

blog.us.playstation.com/2016/09/27/playstation-experience-2016-hits-anaheim-ca-this-december/

SEGA is really hard to go all out to please us. Unlike Nintendo who censors anything for a score boost.

>4+ years before 6 is localized, if at all

suffering. i could probably learn a good amount of nip in that time

Yeah my first time playing. Using KHguide and watching Salty Yen narrating cutscenes I'm up to is helping a lot. I know what every item is, weapon, upgrades etc etc.

Say what you will, but i find Daigo really handsome

He looks mixed, but more white. It's weird.

A lot of the guys are pretty handsome.

Except Yuya, how did that fuck get so popular on Stardust?

Yeah, dat nigga is pretty ugly.

Now that you bring it up, I've always thought Kiryu in 3 and beyond looks kind of mixed too. It's kind of weird when all the other characters look so Japanese. To be fair, they've never actually shown Kiryu's parents...

how do you go from this

to this

>Poor as fuck
>Gets digital games whenever you can since the PSN mafia allows you to get some pretty cheap games
>Will get Y0 physical just for the installation

Well from what I remember Kiryu in Ishin is actually based on another guy from the Shinsengumi, I think he actually kill the guy in your picture in the intro iirc. Been a while since I've played Ishin, so I could be wrong.

Yes he's based off a real person, and so was his character in Kenzan.

Yeah. The installation screen is so hype.

youtube.com/watch?v=XXrVeiEXtYs

YEP
anyone feel like dancing?

youtube.com/watch?v=yYKLW_DcGow&index=11&list=FLn7tqWOirUJm9c8vWqO30Cw

Most hosts have pretty faces, but are also scrawny. Yuya is the opposite, he's not really that pretty, but he used to roll with a gang and is still jacked enough to kick out people who want protection money. I guess that's why he's the most popular host at Stardust

do ps4 games have those instillation screens or just ps3?

youtube.com/watch?v=iVMxyxjTlaA

I'm in love.

Majima's street fighter style makes me hrony

Why don't you become a host in Kabukicho?
youtube.com/watch?v=MvS1RoHP_aA

His dancer style/theme is my favorite in the game.

youtube.com/watch?v=PgKmSixrrMQ

man I can't wait to visit this place one day

it must be so fucking trippy to visit this place being a huge fan of the series

And dangerous

The place is empty. Nothing like the games anymore
T. Former yakuza member

>those hosts

LOL

I don't think I'll ever understand Japanese women.

Mifune is a god.

wait this place is REAL?

Its all real user

So are the other cities

Anyone read the yakuza 3 review by ACTUAL yakuza members? Google it

Who dat

show us your pinky stub

I think a lot of people in these threads have. It's a neat read.

Agreed.

I'd love for them to do another Ishin/Kenzan style game based on Yojimbo and Sanjuro. Or maybe even a 7 samurai game were the 7 Samurai are replaced by Kiryu,Majima,Saejima,Akiyama,Goda, Tanimura and Shinada.

I want to be best bros with left, and put my penis in right.

Hoping EU gets the special edition as well. I'm so hyped for this you don't even know.

Last i heard we were getting physical too, but nothing about special edition yet.

Yeah i saw it. Hilarious and impressive how on point the yakuza theme was. It's not often actual gangsters will come in and say "yeah, that sounds about right" about a videogame. Barring the few issues with the combat obviously.

Why would you want to put your penis there? You don't know where its been

I hope you can keep puts in 6 like in Ishin.

Holy shit, I loved that town in Y5. It was so comfy.

That's why you wear condoms. Super condoms.

I'm sure the ones on the right wouldn't have any problems with that.

It's almost Africa now.
Nigerians everywhere

[poses in mid-air]
youtube.com/watch?v=pONkmj4trhE

youtube.com/watch?v=DY8WZe7g850

Yoko Maki. She plays Kiyomi Kasahara in 6, a proprietress of a snack bar in Onomichi-Jingaicho, Hiroshima. She has some sort of connection to Haruka and her baby.

If you're looking to see why she's alongside Kitano and Tatsuya Fujiwara, watch Mozu (serious detective shit) or Mondai no Aru (feelsy, comfy, sad/heartwarming shit).

She's in other stuff too. She won the Japanese Academy Award for best actress in The Ravine of Goodbye, and starred in another well-received movie titled Like Father, Like Son.

NO JAPAN NOT YOU TOO

>Haruka peddling in Ishin

TOOOO CUUUUUUUUUTE FFUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Ishin Haruka is best Haruka.

Whats with all the fucking gaijins?

Objective truth.

Why can't they just shit up Europe or head to America?

youtube.com/watch?v=Z_dijS1tzmg

Nigerians love Japan so much for some reason

>china

kek

They do. Every native black person I have ever met has been from Nigeria. I think the problem is just them+how Japan is structured

if we yell enough do you think they'd consider ishin localization

I know kenzan won't be because of the shady questionable shit with haruka

sorry didn't mean to quote that post

I'm pretty sure they've said that there is pretty much no chance because of how much Japanese history is in Ishin, and how it would be too much work. Seeing as how we never got Kenzan, I really wouldn't get my hopes up about Ishin. Playing it with the khhsubs guide is probably the best experience you're going to get outside of knowing moon.

what's the best way to play kenzan? I try and have my phone play the translated movies at the same time but its so tedious. I mean if i have the time in the day I can get over it.

I'm also interested to know this

I played it using this lparchive.org/Ryuu-ga-Gotoku-Kenzan/ , but it was pretty hard to find stuff that I need here. Shame there's no guide like Ishin guide from KHH.

Man I really need to play this series. I saw a bit of 0's gameplay and it looks so fucking good.

Translation patch, of course. That will come out in a few years, judging by how slow these guys work..
Or watch cutscenes on KHH youtube channel and use this lparchive.org/Ryuu-ga-Gotoku-Kenzan for sub-stories and this gamefaqs.com/ps3/943326-ryu-ga-gotoku-kenzan/faqs/52464 for items and shit.

thanks ive just got the khh sub video.. Ive beaten 1-5 this year. I imported kenzan and Ishin and would like to try and get through them and hopefully dead souls before
0 drops. I'm also trying to finish nier before automata comes out as well.

hell fucking yeah.
I preordered the day it was available. Seeing that I get a fucking business card holder with mockups of their cards is the fucking tits.

gonna tear up the hostess card cause hostesses a shit.

Someone just made a thread with this image. What could it be?

Just gameplay, I guess. But I guess I'd need a popcorn if PC version got announced. I can already see all that shitposting, holy shit.

Anyone else getting the Kazuma figma or nah?

>Kazuma figma
I want to get it, but I don't know how much does it cost and which reseller can ship it to Russia without making me pay 10 times bigger amount of money for shipping.

Speaking of RGG figmas, Majima when?

I probably wouldn't come into these threads for a few months tbqh. I wouldn't even be mad either, I'm okay with more people getting to play these games, it's just that the amount of shitposting and platform wars faggotry would make these threads unbearable.

They've deliberately said multiple times that there's no PC version in the works at the moment. both on the PS blog (I know I know), and on their twitter. I think it's more likely we see a yak 6 localization announcement, or kiwami announcement, which is more likely.

release 0 in jan, bridge to 1 in april or may, to yak 6 in december 2017, potentially.

Same. I love the idea of getting Yakuza games on PC, but threads will be filled with so much shitposting and falseflagging it would be unbearable. And majority of shitposting retards won't have anything to do with Yakuza games.

okay anons you've convinced me to preorder a physical ps4 yakuza 0.

Anything else I should know?

He said it's not a localization and it's for Yakuza 0. twitter.com/JohnLHardin/status/781638478362574848

These games fucking suck.

Do you know a guy who ACTUALLY pre-ordered this?

Well now i'm curious. Proper trailer showing off the arcade games maybe?

Was anyone here able to get through the car shooting section in Kiwami on Ex Hard? Jesus Christ, I feel like I've hit a huge wall, I just can't git gud at this part. It's honestly one of the hardest story sections in any Yakuza game imo.

I'm so sick of having to redo that fucking restaurant fight every time I die. Anyone have any tips? Or is it just a matter of gitting gud and practicing until you get by?

Here is the section for anyone that cares to see what it's like.

youtube.com/watch?v=OR3T13z17hs

I want to cuddle with Ishin Haruka.

Yes I do actually!

Nevermind, just did it. I guess I just needed to get that out of my system. I made it with only a tiny sliver of health remaining. It should be pretty smooth sailing now until Jingu and his swat rejects, I'll probably need some lube for that part. I'm surprised with how much harder Kiwami is in comparison to the other games.

what can i do when Y2 runs at 70%, is my toaster too shit?

What resolution do you use? That pic has overkill 4x resolution.

Low the resolution until it works. In native it works for sure.

I'd rather have a western version of Yakuza 5

If 1x resolution still won't work well for you - try setting it to OpenGL HW renderer. Maybe it'll help.

>pastebin recommending skipping Y1
>shitty emu settings disabling basic ps2 effects
>emuparadise
>native
LMAO! Why are so many fags in this thread like fucking seriously?

What do you mean? A localized version of 5 is up on PSN. Or did you mean a physical copy?

I've seen only one fag in this thread -

>LMAO! Why are so many fags in this thread like fucking seriously?

What's your probem, my young overreacting friend?

Actually, there was a guy earlier in the thread talking about how he wanted to fuck male hosts in their tight boipussis.

He's still not as gay as though.

running at native
just tried this, still a slow fest

I'm really happy this thread is up right now. The other Yakuza thread that's currently up is a fucking shitfest.

That's pretty strange. Sorry man, no idea how to fix it.

Last thing I can think of - turn on frameskip. This will come with a price, though. Game will be not as smooth.

What are your specs by the way? Post Speecy screenshot.

I refuse to accept Japan's table scraps. If they want to treat me like an afterthought, I'll simply take my business elsewhere.

Sorry, you are screwed. Frameskip is the only way to play it on this toaster. Or get a hold of PS2 somewhere.

How well does Yakuza 2's gameplay hold up against 4's? I also only really played a bit of 5 before stopping for whatever reason, probably because of the PS+ thing.

It's ok, the only one with a really flawed gameplay is Y1.

dont listen to

the funny thing is I posted mine as a joke, but yours isn't that much better.

forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Low-end-PCSX2-v1-0-0-v1-3-0-settings Try this, I guess.

yea it's shit
thanks user will try this later

Quick, post your favorite side missions. Mine is pic related.

Probably Tanimura's Russian roulette substory. It was one of the few substory were it felt kind of tense for me, since I didn't know if it was possible to die or not.

youtube.com/watch?v=WYA-o-XdOAU

>South Korea
>China
Fucking kek.

Also how the fuck did Brazil get such a high approval rating? Sugar exports?

Any time they ask Kiryu to stand in for a movie
Match girl when you decide to help her sell the matches
The mission where Shinada has to give an endorsement speech for the guy running for office
The fortuneteller one in 0

Swood.

The best.
youtube.com/watch?v=1MMXh7OsUwo

Honourable mentions
youtube.com/watch?v=WR3eXtaMlIs

youtube.com/watch?v=HLjYICgR5og&list=PLHIg0uDVJMVyQ8RQVpZaulU_38QwP1qBb

youtube.com/watch?v=FRe85J3t8bA

>match girl
Fuck, that hit me something fierce.

>it was like being with her father again

>Also how the fuck did Brazil get such a high approval rating?

Apparently Brazil has one of the largest populations of Japanese people outside of Japan.

>it was like being with her father again
I came here to have a good time.

Why are Yakuza games so wholesome bros?

Aside from that what stuck out to me was the junkie who insisted they were drug dealers and was convinced he needed to buy a sample when they told him they were just regular matches

>Yakuza 3 orphanage part.
>Aniki
>Haruka's Yakuza 5 section.
> Yakuza 5 ending.
>Yakuza 6 story trailer.
Right in the feels, kyoudai.
youtube.com/watch?v=eigc6AV04XQ

youtube.com/watch?v=i69L2k9xYQw

DAME DA NE

>This thread is discussing Yakuza games properly
>Other Yakuza thread just full of shitposting about Y0 coming to PC
I hope Yakuza never comes to PC. I've had it enough with the shitty Yakuza threads this week.

The karaoke in Ishin is amazing isn't it?

youtube.com/watch?v=LE6YExmqdFc

>Story about a guy who can control electricity with his hands

Dropped.

No, fuck you, stop being obsessed about fucking Cred Forums.

When is this special announcement?

Fuck off PCcuck.

probably around 10 PST.

Morning pacific time. It's 4:26 AM now. So in ~6 hours maybe.

Today?

Yes

>complains about shitposting and dumb provocations.
>shitposts a dumb provocation.

Yeah, the problem are "PCcucks", not shitposters like you.

I just wanna see more of Goro's breakdance fighting style. This shit looks so fucking smooth.

Lord Yuefo substory in Kenzan.

>New IP
>Thinks it's the same guy
ok

Holy shit, even the installation screen is hyping me.

Plus dat godly theme

youtu.be/PgKmSixrrMQ
>YAAAHOOOOOOOOO

Go back to begging for ports.

Dumping soundtrack:
Yakuza 0 OST:
mega.nz/#!w4sV3IaI!QEGoQqLCjGdV3FDzvC-BRWWEHhOentXKsiH8hUypKfE

Bubble is not in it but here's the album:
mega.nz/#!NxVwQTyS!B-dQwNvzE-BrVU3Ng8-Ewczy_S-7B6C9j-Kz_6UQEWk

Thank you based user

That's perfectly normal.

youtube.com/watch?v=MUTt6TrUJ3A

youtube.com/watch?v=jrkG-ew3QUg

youtube.com/watch?v=lzk0lfVw9hk

Install screens never ever again

youtube.com/watch?v=FNcVZUptzLg
Skip to 21:08

Thanks, lad.

www.strawpoll.me/11332732

I'll come back after a few months and hope that things have quieted down by then. If all else fails, I'll start making threads on either /vg/ or /jp/

There was a general on /vg/ once. It died one the 1st day.

>/vg/ or /jp/
We really fucking need a board like /vr/, but for modern games with slow discussions and HEAVY moderation.

There's no way a /vg/ thread would last, these threads are made by the same 20~people

I wasn't even aware of it lol. I wonder how many other people in this thread knew about it?

/jp/ would be perfect because of its slow speed and its strict janitor. Unfortunately, it would probably be difficult to convince them that it's "otaku culture". Then again, they allowed JAV threads and there was a GameCenter CX thread up not too long ago, so you never know.

>I wonder how many other people in this thread knew about it?
I doubt there's someone from that thread. It was created last year IIRC and only like 5-10 people posted for a bit until it died that same day it was created.

>I doubt there's someone from that thread.
I was there. /vg/ is too fast and Yakuza doesn't have enough waifuposters to keep it afloat.

The best thing would be, like the previous user said, a new board that is heavily moderated. Something like /vj/ - Japanese vidya like many others have been pushing for. Too bad it'll never happen as many are opposed to it, especially shitposters and Hiro is doing fuck all.

Oh, nice.

>hiro comes to Cred Forums to ask if gamergate should be allowed to discuss
>peoplw keep asking him to fix this board or create a new one with actual moderation
>not even an hour later hiro says messages appear too fast for him
>leaves and never comes back
Thanks Hiro.

Yeah, I've given up on that /vj/ thing ever happening. There would be too many arguments about whether games like Dark Souls or MGS belong on it and it would be full of shitposters from the Western board fagging things up. We all know Hiro has pretty much given up on ever improving this place. I think we'll just have to stick to Cred Forums for the time being, or maybe get someone to write a convincing argument to the /jp/ janitor of why Yakuza threads belong on there.

Yakuza threads are one of the last threads why I keep coming here. If these threads get invaded by shitposters (if it releases on PC) then I dunno if I'll ever visit this place again. Cred Forums was my main board for years (one of the biggest mistakes I've made) but I've seriously had enough of console wars, shitposting, how everyone hates or is tired of vidya and other shit like that. I've been visiting other boards for the past year or so and compared to Cred Forums they seem so much better even if they keep saying those boards are shit too.

I really wish Hiro would create /vj/ or do something about this board but I guess it's impossible since it's the 2nd biggest board on this site. Deleting it would also mean that every shitposter would just migrate, invade and shit on other boards.

I hear you man, a lot of that first paragraph basically sums up how I feel about the current state of Cred Forums. It's really hard to keep coming here when you realize that people on other boards still actually discuss things sometimes and that not every single thread is constant shitposting. Cred Forums can still be a pretty fun place, with some interesting discussions sometimes, but 99% of them aren't taking place on Cred Forums.

Anyway, I think that's enough about this board for now. Let's get back to Yakuza.

For those that have played 0, how fun are Majima's styles? Are they everything that most Majima fans have been waiting for all these years for? Is he more fun to play as than Kiryu?

This video gets me hyped as fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=LkIbZzNIK48

>Other Yakuza thread is just shitposting and nothing else
>Constantly on page 1
>This thread is shitpost-free but dying
It's not fair.

To be fair, no one in that thread is actually there to discuss the Yakuza games. It's really no different than any other shitposting thread on Cred Forums constantly staying at page 1. It really tells you a lot about this board though.

>Germany
seems they hate everything related to ww2 huh

Not really a huge Yakuza fan, but I feel sorry for you guys after skimming the other shitty thread, so I'll give you a bump.

0-5 buy physical for loading screen
6-9 buy digital for theme
dubs buy 2 copies
trips buy three copies and gift one

I heard only the PS3 version has the loading screen.

What did Kiryu mean by this?

He doesn't want Haruka to grow up to be a slut.

I really enjoyed Sugiuchi's fight, tan and him we're on pretty damn even grounds and it made for a pretty gud fight.

I may as well try this too since I'm still undecided about Yakuza 6.

0-5 import a copy from Japan in December
6-9 wait for localized version
dubs import 6 first and then buy the localized version several years later
trips move to Japan, become the first white yakuza, fuck Anri Okita and play Yakuza 6 with her in my comfy Japanese apartment

Ma nigga ty I been trying to get it to run decently

Import it is then!

I'll probably buy it again later on anyway

Ganbatte, user-kun!

Thanks!

Maybe I'll go for trips after all. I'll try to get my hypothetical oyabun to "have a talk" with Nagoshi and the head of SEGA about getting the games out in the West at a faster pace. Wish me luck in Japan!

Good luck, user!

>no uncensored vids
Though knowing how asian vaginas usually look, maybe it's for the best.

>mfw finally understanding how battle dungeons and soldier cards work
>tfw having cold beers and wrecking shit in dungeons then going back to Haruka to cook

>get my hypothetical oyabun to "have a talk" with Nagoshi
You and I both know Nagoshi would break your oyabun in two.

Are you planning on grinding through it enough until you can get this bad boy?

youtube.com/watch?v=sssPf5Vz0B8

It's incredibly grindy, but it was totally worth it.

nah this is my first playthrough not gonna do completionist autism until the second one

sucks that the best sword and best greatsword both look so gay

You're probably right. I'll have to train my body hard until I can go into purple heat. Then I'll challenge him to a manly shirtless fist fight on a tower somewhere. I'm expecting to lose though desu.

Yakuza 6 needs something like that worked into it.

Those running through buildings or certain areas beating the shit out of people are the most fun parts of the older games.

>page 9

I guess next time OP needs to say something cancerous like PC VERSION WHEN if he wants the thread to survive.

Final bump.

yeah the other one with the twitter shot is still going strong

this board is weird

Well of course. Don't you know how Cred Forums works? You have to talk massive shit to get any attention. Giving anything praise is usuallly ignored.

youtube.com/watch?v=wKmmzB-o4sQ&index=9

If you want your thread to survive you either post some drama, console wars or porn.

>fighting the 3 guys from the first game who run into you and feign injury

good times

Well we occasionally get some really good threads going. I guess it's just not happening today, everyone would rather shitpost and call each other cucks in the other thread. Nothing out of the ordinary of course. It's a miracle we even managed to have all those other good threads now that I think about it.

I'm convinced like 50 people in that thread haven't actually played the series, even still there are a few dummys that probably do

Hopefully they'll all go away after that announcement like in the past.

It would have been nice to keep this thread going until the announcement, but that doesn't look like it's happening. Oh well, I guess someone will have to make another one if it's something worth talking about.

>It's a miracle we even managed to have all those other good threads now that I think about it.
Well, we're running out of stuff to talk about now. Some stuff gets repeated almost every thread.

It could still survive if people keep bumping it every now and then.

That will change when 0 comes out, then we'll have threads that hit bump limit for 3 weeks-a month, then it's back to the good ol slow paced threads

That's true, let's hope the announcement gives us some more material.

Well the other thread is around 100 posts away from auto sage. Maybe after it dies people will come into the only other Yakuza thread to discuss things.

either that or they'll just come here to continue their faggotry

>Maybe after it dies people will come into the only other Yakuza thread to discuss things.

Well believe it or not, there's actually a few people over there actually trying to talk about the games and posting music and such. I wish they'd take the hint about what kind of thread they're in.

Not letting this die.

LET IT LIVE

Whatever happens Majima is best boy

>that cute as fuck two handed wave Haruka gives you when you come home

Did you guys like Binary Domain? I thought it was a little generic at times, but I still really enjoyed it anyway. I'd definitely buy a sequel.

Binary Domain is probably one of my favorite third person shooters of all time.

>go to catalog
>ctrl+f Yakuza
>only one thread appears
Geez, I wonder why.

Hmm, just noticed that.

YOU BLEW IT OP

Also OP's filename..

>yaki2.jpg

The announcement is not a PC port.

twitter.com/JohnLHardin/status/781860962374590464

The sales for this game were fucking depressing. it really seemed like no one in Japan or in the West was interested in it. I remember having a pretty good time in that coop survival mode the few times I was able to find a game.

Glad that faggotry is over with now.

They'll make the same thread a few days from now

OP here and I'm happy to see you guys keeping this thread alive.

Also Akiyama, best guy!.

>to the same person

christ why are mustards so insufferable

how did the eyepatch guy lose his eye?

Lost it in a heated game of baseball.

He beat everyone up and somehow still got chained up.

tragic karaoke accident

Soundtrack user from earlier.
I found my old pastebin of the other OSTs from the series if anyone is interested:
pastebin.com/L1ypDL83

Should all still be working fine.

>you will never lay down in Haruka's lap as she cleans your ears

She'll also never sell your vegetables after a hard day of farming.

holy fuck thank you based user

It's actually still there. He just wears it to be like a pirate

He wanted to cosplay Big Boss, but unfortunately they only had Solidus costume.

Excited for 0 eternally.

thanks dood and holy fuck that art is fucking awesome, might use it for my phone, got a source?

>mfw Sega decides to release Zero the same day When Resi 7 & KH 2.8 drop

Do they want this series to get successful here or?

youtube.com/watch?v=0BTpQTzj8iE

>listening to this while farming/fishing and killing dudes

this is really like my animes

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=31895283

It could be due to how the game is allowed to use people's likenesses, from what I'm googling you can only take screenshots when outside story mode stuff, right? Maybe there's some stipulation that story stuff is different from the normal running around stuff.

well jesus looks like i got a phone AND a desktop wallpaper, cheers user!

>Do they want this series to get successful

No, they do not.

Also, fuck early 2017, my wallet is going to absolutely hate me. Why the fuck would they wait till the first two months of the year to release like 7 fucking games at the same time?

It should've come out in December like Yakuza 5. Playing it was so comfy.

youtube.com/watch?v=6YZlFdTIdzM

i agree, it's going to be overwhelming desu. I'll just play it safe and buy Persona 5 and Yakuza Zero, maybe FFXV since i'll be able to buy it for 17 euros due to a deal, what games are you looking forward to?
absolutely, it felt so nice coming home from school and seeing the download for 5 had finished and i just had the time of my life, hope they announce the 6 localization at PSExperience

>it felt so nice coming home from school
hmmm

Ok Cred Forums I have a ps1, a ps2 with no controllers (could buy 1 if needed), ps3 and ps4, wii, wiiu and 3ds.
Want to get into Yakuza where do I get started and what do I play? Are there any collections (HD maybe)?

>what games are you looking forward to?

Some games that I think I may potentially enjoy

Yakuza 0 (obviously)
RE7
Nioh
Persona 5
Berserk
Nier Automata

I'm getting 0 for sure, and probably Nioh. The rest of the games will really depend on whether I have the time and money to get through them all.

uh oh

I guess they don't want to fight to western sjw shits.
They don't give a shit about western sales but it may affect its reputation and sales in Japan ans Asia

Emulate 1&2 on pc.
Alternative start is 4 on ps3 and then play 5 after that.
Yakuza 0 early next year on ps4.

There are collections and/or even remakes/remasters but none of them are localized.

Makes me feel old when people say things like that

youtube.com/watch?v=DkM64u0pid8

Does anyone know what the pocket circuit song is in Kiwami?

The rich dude in 0 plays the song as well.
And it plays at certain times in stores.

youtu.be/kGrX0S1CmEY?t=37s

For someone who has played 1 & 2 HD, what guides have you used for 100% as an English speaker? Most of the stuff I'm seeing is basically just to use the PS2 guides and hope for the best. Is there nothing on the level of KHHsubs or is it basically just GameFAQs guides while watching cutscenes on Youtube alongside it?

1 and 2 are on the PS2, it's recommended to just emulate them since they're a pain in the ass to get at a reasonable price. Keep in mind that 1 has no undub, though 2 onward are all Japanese. There was an HD remake for both the PS3 and Wii U but they're Japanese only so you'd basically be stuck using some sort of guide to actually play them.
3 through 5 are on the PS3, 5 is digital only and I believe 3 was physical only.
0 is coming out soon on the PS4.

The rest are side games and a remake of 1, though only Dead Souls was localized out of this entire lot. You can play Isshin, Kenzan, and Kiwami with guides though so it's not the biggest deal.

How long until the announcement?

I'm not going to get my hopes up, it's not going to be 1+2 HD collection, it won't happen, it will just be a wallpaper or dlc, don't over hype this.

Sometime today I think.
Soon™

Ok, now I' interested about the story and such, but what about the actual gameplay? Is it more like GTA or Shenmue? Or maybe something else?

>GTA or Shenmue
Neither.

Best way I could describe it is a 3D river city ransom, but I've seen some people compare it to Streets Of Rage.

Here's a bit of gameplay from 0, though I don't know if it'll impress you since it's a game that's more fun to play than watch.

youtube.com/watch?v=EqUOFUrUGbQ

>Check the new Yakuza thread
>It's even shittier than the last one
How is it even possible?

The fighting is basically a 3D beat 'em up . I guess you can kind of compare it to Shenmue's fighting, but it's really not as clunky as that. It's kinda clunky in 1 but gets better as it goes along. Fights basically happen randomly as you're wandering due to thugs or during certain missions and it sticks you into an arena to fight the guys. Sadly most of the webms I have are basically of just the special attacks.

Outside of that you get to wander around huge areas, do a bunch of side quests, do just random small things here and there, it's really fun.

Goddamn, Majima looks fun as fuck. It's going to suck whenever I have to switch to Kiryu, especially since I've already played Kiwami and have already used his styles from that game.

Is there a channel on youtube that has comprehensive videos containing the shit in yakuza? Like playthroughs with no fucking faggy commentary?

I played 3, and got up to the dude in the zoo, but I couldn't beat him so I gave up, but i'd like to know the story before 0 drops.

They must have gotten more of their friends from that one cancerous board which wont be mentioned to join in on the "fun".

It has the word PC in it.

Brings up PC in the OP, so it's bound to bring in children who think pretending to act retarded is funny.

KUZEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

We won't get bubbles

WHOA WHOA WHOA

feels bad man

>tfw no Loser
>tfw no Butterfly City
>tfw no Bloody Moon
But Bubble will hurt the most.

Bump. I don't want this thread to die and for the shitty one to stay up.

I BELIEVE IN YOUUUUUUUU

YOU'RE NOT ALONE

You guys will be pleasantly surprised by the different sides Majima and Kiryu show in 0.

Majima maybe, but Kiryu is the same goody two shoes as always. Only gangster thing he does is beat up that Jingu lookalike at the start.

Was Majima already known as the Mad Dog of the Shimano Family back then?

More like the caged dog. You'll see why he's the mad dog soon enough

Much the opposite, he was out of business because of the Saejima stuff on 4

I know Majima ends up looking after some blind chick or something like that. Is it handled well? Or does it feel forced? I've heard people say that 0 has a better story than the last few games, are there no retarded plots twists like rubber bullets and evil twin brother in 0?

But will someone die because Kiryu doesn't take the gun away from the people he beats though?

>mfw never played 2, no ps2 and toaster's too old to emulate it
should i get the hd collection and play it in moonrunes?

The story is pretty well done. You'll feel pretty hard, let's just leave it at that.

>toaster's too old to emulate it
Is that an assumption or did you try?

I tried T_T.

Well
Poop

DON DON DON DON

DON DON DON DON

DON QUIJOOOOOOOTEEEEEEEEE

where can i read real yakuza reviewing these games

Fair enough. I hope this also means that the writers are finally getting their shit together for 6.

boingboing.net/2010/08/10/yakuza-3-review.html

Google " yakuza 3 reviewed by yakuza"

youtube.com/watch?v=iJyYrrDKYZE

I could have this damn song on repeat forever, it's so good.

thanks

Bumping for announcement.

It will probably be here soon guys!

Get ready to be underwhelmed.

Are you ready for this?

Godfucking damnit SEGA, just hurry and announce it so I can bitch about it on here.

Wait, what is this about an announcement?

Check hardin twitters

No one knows. It has something to do with Y0, not a new localization announcement and it's not gonna be a PC port. Gonna be posted on IGN. That's all we know.

Too bad all licensed songs will be cut again.

They're not stupid enough to make a PS4 bundle with 0...right?

RIGHT?!?!

It won't, and i'll prove it by beating you in janken

scissor

Probably something like a demo date or something. It'll probably be nothing. Maybe Y1 and 2 coming to PSN?

Fuck I promised myself I would buy a PS4 when this finally came over. Hopefully there's a Christmas discount of some kind.

It's probably a demo.

They could. People are guessing it's either a PS4 bundle, a demo, a new gameplay video, a dub.

>Maybe Y1 and 2 coming to PSN?
Can't. It's something related to Y0.

It would probably be a dumb business decision for them, but I'd honestly be tempted to shell out for another PS4 if it ended up looking like some of the customized consoles that Japan gets.

I doubt anyone but Yakuza fans would want to buy that bundle seeing as how any casual fan seeing this game immediatly jumps to 'ps2 game' or 'sleeping dogs knockoff' no one but yakuza fans would want to buy that

>a dub.

Please no. I can't handle hearing STUPID OLD FUCK again.

*high pitched voice* WHAT THE FUCK

BRING THAT SHIT KAZUMA

It'll be even worse with honorifics this time around
>Majima-chan, Kiryu-chan :3

>and so was his character in Kenzan.

Yes, you're playing as Musashi Miyamoto

10 YEARS IN THE JOINT MADE YOU A FUCKING PUSSY

'10 YEARS IN THE JOINT MADE YOU A FUCKING PUSSY' ALWAYS cracks me up

>I will kill somebody if it's a fucking T-shirts collection

>tfw the 2 Musashi books are the only piece of literature i've finished
I need to play that shit

Didn't Mark Hamill already refer to Kiryu as Kazuma-chan in the Y1 dub?

I liked his side mission stuff with that cute lady cop.

Problem with Tanimura's chapter is that halfway around it is where the game's plot starts to fall apart. Also he doesn't have as many cool setpieces as the other characters (Suguichi's the only proper boss fight he has even)

I'M GONNA MAKE YOU SQUEAL LIKE A BITCH, MOTHERFUCKER

t. Jingweon mafia member

Then fucking filter them. Or better yet, dont enter these threads.

tl;dr Fuck off

Then hide the thread you fucking cunt. If we have to put up with shitty eceleb and Overwatch threads every fucking hour, then I think you can handle a thread or two for a game that you don't like.

>2 Musashi books

Wait, 2 books? I'm assuming the first one is Musashi by Eiji Yoshikawa (fucking GOAT book), what's the other one?

just fucking ignore and report him

Where is the news, John?

If you're going to disappoint me, then do it quickly, please.

My bad, by 2 i meant the 2 volumes

OISHIIII

Aww : (

Well I guess I could always read that one book that Musashi supposedly wrote.

Physicsl man. Who cares about a theme? Make your own.

SHIBUSAWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

youtube.com/watch?v=k_lgXlNVkBo

AWWW CMAAAAN

youtu.be/CMC9kkrnUY4?t=12m17s

I'd love to but 60 bucks for that?

>spoiling the last boss

FAHKIN STOOPID DOOD

HARDIIIIIIIIIIIN

been delayed since like fucking June to December, might just cancel my pre order

1 button input is fucking crazy, BUT TWO?

WHAT THE FUCK HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT THIS IS BULLSHIT

How much do these usually go for? I could use one of these to spice up my neckbeard cave.

>those arms

ign.com/videos/2016/09/30/yakuza-0-17-minutes-of-meeting-goro-majima

fuckin neat.

> not posting best opening theme

Nigga.

youtu.be/rb5DILFgiJU

Was this the announcement?

nah fly is superior

yes.

Apparently Yakuza hate hosts.

That's it?

>no dub

So fucking relieved.

the big announcement are spoilers i want to avoid, NOICE!

John Hardon strikes again with overhyping a fucking gameplay video

Holy shit is that Anri Okita?

She makes my dick Unbreakable Diamond.

I really like how they get actual pornstars and yakuzas to star in those games. The director is a nutjob and I love it.

He even looks like one of those generic street thugs you beat up.

>Believing John Hardin to deliver
>Ever
When will people learn?

oh i didn't believe in him, i fucking hate the guy

There's a major character in 0 who looks a fair bit like him too (less orange-like though)

>Expecting anything from the guys who hyped up Arcade Classics for 3DS

this

I'm not watching that shit.

that was amazing

Playing through the series for the first time, currently early on in 1 (about 5 hours I think). Playing it alongside Persona 3 in preparation for 5.

It's a pretty fun game so far. Purgatory was a really cool change of pace aesthetically. Suddenly this weird extravagant underground. Haven't really been dicking around with side content though, even though I think there isn't much available yet. I know the games are kind of known for having a shit load of things to do in them, but I don't know how much of that kind of content is actually available in 1. Still haven't noticed any gambling/card game like component. Seems like a fighting arena may have just opened up.

Yuto needs to shave that disgusting pedo stache

not much of a spoiler, it's in the first couple hours of play, it's the introduction cutscene and tutorial for goro.

You didn't watch Japanese trailers, I see.

Looks like that instead of modeling his face they took a photo and used it as a texture. Like Siren 1 and 2

it might not have happened today

but it will happen consolekeks it will fucking happen

>big announcement guys
>it's just a video on shit we're going to see in game
JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHN

EVERY
FUCKING
TIME

This may be a really disgusting advice for the fans of the first game, but i'd suggest you rush the story in the first game so you can get to the second one soon, not only is it a lot more satisfying game to play, it also has a lot more side content

Disappointing announcement or not, that was a great cutscene. I really love the feel that they're going for with 0, it's looking like it might one of the more stylish Yakuza games. I'm starting to get some hope that the current writers might actually deliver a good story this time.

Listen to this man Besides, by the time you're done with the games you'll probably be burned out by it. I spent 100 hours on Yakuza 5 alone. And that was only 1 playthrough. Spent another 30-40 hours on my 2nd playthrough. Similar times with Yakuza 3 and 4. Can't remember about 1 or 2.

>shitposting thread almost goes completely dead after the announcement goes up

Really made me think.

Thank you for disappointing me

About life and stuff?

I only got really into the side content in 5, I like how it displays on the map where there are side quests to do.

you now know what your mother feels

>these fucking comedy auditions with Haruka

All I want in life is to marry her.

Majima is so fucking godlike. It might have been nothing but goddamn he is one suave motherfucker in 0

Thanks for the advice, I think that is probably what I will do. I was already kind of getting pulled in that direction because I figured I've got a couple of games to go and zero will be out soon. Might as well get through the earlier games at a good pace and then enjoy what I assume is the beefier content of the newer ones.

Yeah, it was a neat addition even though some didn't like it that it was just plainly pointed out to them where to go. To me it was much better since I didn't have to look at the guide every chapter where the new sidequests popped up.

Good. The shitposters moved on and maybe they'll leave us alone for a while.

Shut up, Josh
even your mom hates you

I'm conflicted by it, while it's good for completition sake it kinda kills the surprise of simply walking around and triggering asub story out of nowhere, not to mention a lot of the sub stories in 5 were rather tame, there wasn't one with proper cutscenes like in the other games

>dat suit
>dat calm demeanor

SO GOOD

m-masaka..

He's T-Set's manager in 5.

Somebody post that t-set pasta.

Nevermind. I found it myself, even forgot I had it.

REMOVE T-SET remove T-SET
you are worst idol. you are the idol idiot you are the idol smell. return to osaka talent. to our osaka talent cousins you may come our company. you may live in the zoo….ahahahaha ,mai we will never forgeve you. cetnik rascal FUck but fuck asshole idol stink mai sqhipere shqipare..t-set genocide best day of my life. take a bath of dead idol..ahahahahahMAI WE WILL GET YOU!! do not forget princessleague .azusa we kill the idol , azusa return to your precious osaka talent….hahahahaha idiot mai and azusa smell so bad..wow i can smell it. REMOVE T-SET FROM THE PREMISES. you will get caught. kiryu+saejima+akiyama+shinada=kill t-set…you will princessleague/ haruka alive in dyna chair, haruka making album of dyna chair . fast dance haruka dyna chair. we are rich and have gold now hahahaha ha because of haruka… you are ppoor stink idol… you live in a hovel hahahaha, you live in a brothel

haruka alive numbr one #1 in nippon ….fuck the t-set ,..FUCKk ashol idols no good i spit in the mouth eye of ur group and company. haruka aliv and real strong top idol kill all the t-set farm aminal with idol magic now we the haruka rule .ape of the zoo producer manda san fukc the great satan and lay egg this egg hatch and t-set wa;s born. stupid baby form the eggn give bak our clay we will crush u lik a skull of pig. dyna chair greattst company

This really triggered my autism.

He's not exactly wrong. It's better to start with 0 since it's a prequel and all than to start with 4 or 5 like others did.

The game's not filled to the brim with references to the other games. Obviously characters still show up but it's not filled with 4th wall breaking shit like MGSV, so it's a valid place to start. Especially if they announce kiwami at psexperience.

Hadn't seen this in a while, was getting worried that it had been lost forever.

I don't really see anything wrong with that. People might be more inclined to play 1,2 and 3 if they got invested in the characters they met in 0, and they might get clued into more of the backstory of Kiryu.
It's better than people staring on 4.

That's actually a good thing to say.

Gets people to buy the game, and I'm 100% certain they'll localize Kiwami soon.

>Gomenasai, Cred Forums. My name is Ken-sama

>I'm 100% certain they'll localize Kiwami soon.

Does anyone else kind of wish they'd skip Kiwami? I mean if they decide to do Kiwami after 0, we probably wont get 6 until like 2020. I mean ideally of course they should just release both games a few months apart, but we all know SEGA doesn't work that way.

"No"

>Does anyone else kind of wish they'd skip Kiwami?
Yes. Same reason too. I just want 6 to be localized faster.

lol look at his headband

>he wanted to write 侍 samurai
>it's actually 待 waiting

"Yes"

3's story is better than 2's. whoever says otherwise is a entitled to their opinion.

The fuck is this cancer?!

> "OHHH NOOOOOO"

>He wasn't here during Y5 release.

That pasta was posted in every single thread for weeks.

For the greater good. I'd love 6, but if this re-introduction works well then we won't have to stress as much in the future.

youtube.com/watch?v=qC-w6bJiVjE

They should relocalize the games as Goodfuckers.

>KILL THIS ARROGANT MO-THER-FU-CKER
every time

UN FUCKING BELIEVABLE

Balla as fuck. Can't wait to tear shit up with Majima.

Western or Nippon release? I was around for both but avoided nip for spoilers.

moth
er
fuck
err

>that random Haruka slap quickly thrown in

Western. Dunno how you've missed it then because it really was spammed to hell and back. Some people even got annoyed by it.

Everyone always points out ARROGANT MO THER FU CKER but the white gang guy going KILL THIS..........................DUMB MOTHERFUCKER is much worse

>What the fuck you're waiting for you dumb shit

is it worth burning DVDs with 1&2 for FMCB? Do they even work with FMCB? I know some games have issues.

I just don't want to get my burner out, and go buy DVDs and set up my PS2 if it won't work. Emulating isn't an option, my PC is total shit.

Apparantly Japanese fans were a little upset that Ishin!Haruka & Kiryu's relationship in that somewhat resembled a husband & wife's?

>You've made a dream come true

holy shit that's fucking beautiful

Japan is just gay, and wanted Date to be the wife.

As my stepfather used t say.. If it's not blood related, penetrate it.

>This is the same guy who has an unhealthy obsession with Kiryu, drove a truck into a soapland, drove another truck to save Kiryu, and defused bombs out of pure luck

Niiiiiiiice

Did he have a no cousin policy?

>Japanese men hating the idea of having a cute loving housewife

Yeah, that seems about right.

>That random stereotyped black voice on the maroon jacket dude with Saya

>the guy playing is dog shit

I really am on IGN..

Japan has shit taste. The writers canned Kaoru after 2. What the fuck was the point of rendering her in 3 if she was gonna be there for 5 minutes and then fuck off to America?

it's from the gamestop expo booth. Everyone got to play a ~30 minute demo of that cutscene and then some fucking around with kiryu. Probably recorded from one of the fans, but yeah also possible it's IGN.

I would scream so hard if they just shoehorned her in 6 as an older, MILFy chief inspector that's come back to Japan since the Jingweon Mafia is back. But that won't happen.

so majima isn't just nuts he's autistic as fuck

>The current situation we have now, where Yakuza is a niche game series outside Japan, but is localized much truer to the original script and has original audio
Vs
>Yakuza 1's English release was a smashing success, but with mostly terrible voice acting and a much more profane script for each subsequent release

CHOOSE

>the writers
The writer for 1 and 2 was an actual crime novelist who is apparently pretty popular. They changed writers going into 3 when the novelist went back to writing novels, and got retarded horseshit like Kaoru fucking off, BURACKU FURIDAY, RUBBER BULLETS, and DREAMS.

>The fuck is this cancer?!

>Being polite and courteous is considered autistic

Bruh

>Kazuma sitting in his bar in Kamurocho like usual
>Bell rings and the door opens
>Kaoru shows up
>Kiryu stands up and wants to greet her
>Suddenly a fat American dude walks in
>"Ohayo, Kiryu-chan. Watashi wa Ken-sama desu."
>It's Kaoru's husband
Didn't she get fat in Yakuza 3? I remember you could read what was happening in US with her and she met some dude who she fall in love with.

Yeah, you could read what happened with her in the US

>Kiryu receives a phonecall from her at the beginning of 6
>"Jingweon Mafia? I need to go back, please pick me up at the airport".
>gets on plane looking really determined
>pic related

FUCK MAN I JUST WANT TO SEE HER AGAIN

IT DOESNT HELP THAT HER VA (Yu Daiki) HASNT EVEN BEEN IN ANY RECENT WORKS EITHER

What the fuck is this game? I don't remember any of these scenes from 3, 4 or 5

Kiwami, a remake of 1

yeah, I love his his novel called Sleepless Town.
It has good movie.
imdb.com/title/tt0169929/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl

Honestly i find the writing in 3, 4 and 5 less retarded than the one in 1, the whole deal with Nishiki and Jingu was just baaad

You underestimate the triad

Jesus Hardin is either really bad at doing PR or just trolling the shit out of everyone.

>guys get hyped for a big Yakuza announcement tomorrow
>lol i forgot there were more games in the series, sorry this is just for 0
>its just some cutscenes

Also what kind of retard actual responds to PC port beggars on neogaf?

Is there any chance of him appearing on 6?

I mean the bad guys in that game are the triad

Lau got shot in the fucking head in 3.

Then again, Rikiya showed up in 6 as a completely different character

Zero story reminds me this movie a bit.
there is no Kiryu though

That's really fucking tough. I love the Japanese voice acting and I couldn't imagine the characters without their original voices, but at the same time, I wish this series was more successful.

I guess I'd pick 2 and import every game a few months before each western release (which I would also buy). Then again, if all the games had been dubbed, I probably wouldn't even know what the characters sounded like in Japanese, so maybe I wouldn't even care.

I want there to be a big lead up to a fight with long and then Granny white comes in and beats the shit out of him and drags him out by the ear.

>Also what kind of retard actual responds to PC port beggars on neogaf?
John Hardin does!
Jesus, is it too much to expect PR people to work with some kind of dignity?

The same kind of retard who swore up and down that Persona 5 was still going to come out in 2015 a few days before the delay announcement.

I'm still really salty about what they did to him in 3, way to fucking kill off a cool villain in such a stupid anticlimactic way.

I miss kung-fu granny from 2

She and Komaki should've hook up

To be fair, the big bald Chinese dude in green seems pretty cool too

thanks, now i have something to watch tonight

> Rikiya showed up in 6 as a completely different character

what
WHAT

come on man don't take this away from me

youtube.com/watch?v=2peKiJjJZt4

I was thinking exactly that, I want to see them fight.
Better yet, I want to train with both of them and fight both of them at the same time.
I think Sosuke is their kid

His triads and the Jingweon Mafia both seem to have reps in 6, yeah.

>hating the dub
GET THIS ARROGANT
MO
THER
FUCK
ER

This is incredible

Better luck next time!

faggot

Until next time friends.

NEW THREAD

Hopefully it won't die in the 1st hour.