Let's discuss The Void

Let's discuss The Void.
If you havn't played it you absolutely ought to.
It's a russian survival fuck-fest, where you have to drip-feed females for striptease and battle abominations with color.

Tell me your
>Favorite Sister
>Most hated Brother
>Your first final death

tl;dr I just want to talk about the game that no one is talking about.

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.ice-pick.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=8915
forum.ice-pick.com/viewtopic.php?t=9122
itc.ua/blogs/intervyu_s_ice-pick_lodge_o_cargo_the_quest_for_gravity_jevrika_53718/
youtube.com/watch?v=f0oxiiUnK2Y
manytorrents.net/load/pk_igry/adventure/turgor_dilogija_2008_2009/56-1-0-25120
forum.ice-pick.com/viewtopic.php?t=9444
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB8F47C6867017A55
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i watched a let's play of this. it was very... strange. made by the Pathologic guys, right?

The Void is a purgatory, where you survive only if you have color. And the only way to escape and get a 2nd chance at living is to collect ALL the color from the world and ascend.
MC can take someone for a ride and ascend with one of the sisters.
So every single sister will do and use everything to get you to ascend with them.

There are only 2 sisters who refuse and tell you to use your color for something else
Sister Eli and Sister Death, which coincedently are 2 of my favorite sisters.

Yes, it was indeed made by them. None of my friends own/played/heard it, so I thought connoisseurs from Cred Forums surely will have something to say about it.

it was definitely an interesting experience, even if i didn't play it myself. had to look up the sisters again to remember the name of my favorite. i think it was Ole? the girl on the swing. i feel like who a person's favorite Sister is probably says a lot about them but fuck if i know what that would be.

Well, yes, it's kinda does.

All sisters are based on combination of colors. Their character is built around those colors and it's meaning.
So, for instance, Ole is violet and gold:
The gold color is manifested in her love for the player (and the "real world") and some attributes in the room (wedding dress), while violet symbolises her child-like curiousity and creativity (piano in the room).
She is usually the sister most players end up with, as she is the only one who is also a stranger to the world and thus, most relatable. It's no wonder her colors and the 2 most warming and welcoming colors out of all.

always down to talk about this game, it's about time for my yearly replay.

best sister is Ima, her tower is incredible
best chambers is Ole
worst Brother is Tyrant
best Colors are Azure and Silver
worst enemy are those fucking screeching bat-scorpions that pretend to be little Color plants and then eat your face when you pick them

Liking Ima probably means I have a white knight 'save the girl in distress and heal all her pain' complex. Can't exactly deny it either.

Really wish this game would get the recognition it deserves but then again I'm okay with it being a hidden gem.

My Original Sister that I still need to go back and ascend

Patriarch? Honestly Pangolin is fucking more annoying

???

I really wish I my HD didn't fail and lose that official torrent of all their extra materials

Isn't it still available somewhere from IPL's forums or something? There's some real good shit on there, the concept art in particular is god-tier.

Pangolin is ass but the Worm is worse, I find. Giant Eelfish is neat though.

Guess I'll spam a few images to keep the thread going.

have they made any other games besides the Void and Pathologic? because seriously, they make some amazing gems.

Ole a confirmed junkie

Cargo and Knock-Knock, though neither reaches the same levels as their more famous two.

Cargo's just plain weird, but more light-hearted sort of weird. Smack naked baby-men for FUN, build wacky vehicles, rebuild the earth.

Knock-Knock's real neato but it's more abstract-ish. Good game for unsettling spooks instead of outright horror.

>Isn't it still available somewhere from IPL's forums or something
Hate to beg, but happen to have a link?

>Cargo's just plain weird
worth playing if only to make a vehicle with so much
>FUN
that it crashes the game

forum.ice-pick.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=8915
Here ya go. I saw another thread for subtitles on the video. New to me, now I can actually watch the interview.
forum.ice-pick.com/viewtopic.php?t=9122

No she is not.
It is confirmed that her room is based on what she sees from her window (she is the only one who can). So it's possible she saw some junkie and copied it, without knowing the meaning.

Incidentally, Sister Yani (loli sister) can only HEAR the real world. So her room is a distorted version of a normal world, just barely resembling a normal room.

Isn't Ima manipulating the player? That's the feeling I got from her.
It's important to remember that sisters tailor their rooms to their liking and it usually reflects their personality.
I'm pretty sure Ima was trying to invoke a sense of pity from MC, so he takes her.
But yeah, fuck Tyrant, what a cunt.

I'm just jestin'.

That's real interesting about Yani's room though. Explains the door creaks and scary-sounding footsteps.

This game was a fucking ride for my first play through. I was stuck on those first few days because I kept trying to figure out a way to not kill Sister Death.

That fucking drill fucker was the worst though. You couldn't make him happy even if you tried. I killed him as fast as I was able to.

If I had to pick a best sister I either say Death or that Feral bitch. Sister Death only cared about you and the Feral one was very upfront about everything.

Its a great game, if anyone hasn't played it you really should.

You mean, Aya? The one without a room?
You just got pranked son, she is misleading you most of the time.
First of all, she hates you. She doesn't trust you to make the right decision, she hates when you break taboo (feeding others with color), but her hypocracy really shows, since she loves when you feed her.
2nd she is the MOST aggresive out of all red colored sisters.
3rd, take a shot every time she mentions Echo.
You'll die.

They all manipulate the player to some degree, I think. Except Death-nee-chan, she's the purest and that's why she has to die.

Is it still manipulation if you know what she's doing and you're fine with it, though? Aya was very upfront about her selfishness and sluttiness, but there's still an appeal to knowingly going along with that.

>Aya
Whoops, meant Ava. I'd post a better picture but her tits are out in all of them.

I've finished Pathologic recently and loved it, but I've heard that The Void is hard as balls, is the difficulty patch really necessary?

The only one who told the truth was Eli, let's be frank about that.
She said, upfront, don't give color to me, otherwise the world will be filled with nothing but war and I don't want to subject you or anyone else to it.
Aya was licking Echo's cunt the whole time. Literally no reason to listen to her, might as well converse with Echo who relays her points without aggressiveness.

And it never occured to you to just post a link to it on one of the literally trillion of sites that can host the image you want to show?

Nah, it's perfectly fine and I'd even advise against it, it ruins the tension in a game that was originally called Tension.

You may get stuck early on your first time and have to restart, but you'll learn what to do and how to do it yourself, and the lessons the game teaches through gameplay will actually make sense. Save every turn, quicksave before doing bossfights, hoard color like a motherfucker, and abuse the shit out of Gold and Purple whenever you need to donate.

is Aya worst girl? also, Echo was the other Sister without a room, right? she appealed to my inner weeaboo if i remember right.

Why was it taken off of Steam? Not like I was ever going to get it though.

Some copyright bullshit, you can still get the steam key from key resellers.

She is not THE worst, but there is little meaning to her existence.

Echo yes, the one with the umbrella.

>Eli
Aye, not really arguing there. She's probably the most honorable in a place where honor has long since died. Did a playthrough where I managed to get her and a couple others to full hearts, it's a shame her dialogue isn't much beyond teaching you things. Her area is really fucking cool, too.

I have a soft spot for weak or otherwise flawed characters, though. Even shit like Uta's tired of everything attitude made me like her.

That's good to know. Maybe it'll be cheaper that way. Not like I'll play it though.

Yani
warden because he spooked me
took too long to figure out what to do with the pangolin

>forum.ice-pick.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=8915
You're da bes m8

>poems and mantras and re-mastered tracks for the English edition of the game
the fucking battle poems to color are the sickest shit to fight to in vidya

>Not one player mentions Una
Did we play the same game?
The only Sister who wants the best for you.

>The only Sister who wants the best for you.
take my heart user

I thought we agreed to ignore Sister Tutorial.

>Sister Tutorial
u've done it

give me all your fuckin color

you heartless fucker

Gonna pirate this game now

This game looks highly interesting. Tell me more OP.

It's a Slavic mindfuck with elements of Harvest Moon and a FPS kinda sorta

You play a soul stuck in a purgatory of sorts who has to grow your own lifeblood that's constantly raided by monstrous guardians(Brothers) of the realm and parasitic creatures, and at the same time donate your resources to the caretakers of the realm(Sisters) to explore further and eventually give you a chance to escape the bleak hell

It's a survival-exploration type game where you are trapped in a hellish place circling the drain that is oblivion itself. You have only one resource, Color, which is your HP, MP, currency, and the only way to interact with the world via glyphs you draw in a somewhat Okami-esque fashion.

You make gardens of Color, harvest them, die miserably to things that I can use the phrase "grotesque abominations" and feel not a bit self-conscious about it being over-exaggeration, and feed mostly naked pretty women wearing only particle effects, who may or may not be manipulative golddiggers.

It's a one of a kind experience, and a real good game to boot. One of the few instances where gameplay and story genuinely complement each other.

It's also hard as balls and occasionally frustratingly obtuse.

Worth your time, however.

I tried playing it a couple weeks ago but was totally intimidated by all the resource management and time limit stuff and dropped it after an hour.

Pathologic was hard enough, but at least it limited itself to more or less real-world needs and afflictions. Having to deal with all the alien stuff in The Void seemed like a huge step up in difficulty. I'll give it another go soon, I swear.

> but was totally intimidated by all the resource management
It really isn't that bad once you learn the do the Donor sigil 100% of the time to ensure you're efficiently planting. Enchanting the traps around ?farms? is also a great idea since it makes any raiding Brothers fuck off

It would nice if this game had some "guide list" like this.

The game is about experience and figuring things out yourself. Playing with a guide would make it significantly less enjoyable.

Rus here.
I'm tired of people endlessly ducking the dick of Ice-Pick lodge. I'll acknowledge the fact that there is a handful of creative people there, but as a videogame studio they come off as nothing but pretentious, inept assholes.
Out of all their games, not a single one (sans knock-knock) was released in what was supposed to be "complete" state. Because they don't know how deadlines work, and throwing money at them will yield nothing but more cryptic posts from the director's twitter/vk/facebook and copious amount of writefag's wankfest in blogs. They keep building up the atmosphere and setting, but every time it comes down to the fact that they can't create a GAME to save their life.
They keep spouting empty promises, yet are incapable of hiring a half-decent programmer. Not even that - they actively reject the notion, preferring to stay in a closely-knit circle of people who huff farts to get inspiration.
And yet you people keep doing it. You keep supporting them, keep feeding their ego. Look at the kickstarter for Pathologic! LOOK AT IT! THE GAME WAS SUPPOSED TO BE OUT ALREADY, BUT THEY KEEP PUSHING IT MORE AND MORE INTO LATE 2017! THERE IS NOT A SINGLE GAMEPLAY VIDEO OUT YET, DESPITE ALL THIS TIME!
ARE YOU PEOPLE SO FUCKING DENSE? DO YOU SERIOUSLY ENJOY EATING SHIT?

>expecting Kickstarter game to be released on time
No Boris. You are the dense.

>not expecting at least a snippet of gameplay video after 2 years.
Fuck off, Joe. You know what they were doing with those money? MAKING A TABLETOP GAME. NOT VIDEO GAME.

Proofs of what, nigger? The fact that over the course of 2 years since the Kickstarter began they haven't posted a single gameplay video? That in a campaign for a video game they have just posted a milestone for making a tabletop version? It's all on their very page, numbnuts

There was a playable demo at PAX.
Go tell your wife to make cabbage soup.

This game needs more maymays.

Have you seen it? All I see is a still screenshot.

You slavs and your proofs.

>Favorite Sister
Nameless Sister and Ole.
Yani is the most beautiful one, though.
>Most hated Brother
Warden can go fuck himself with a rake. He is literally out there to kill you, the tasks he gives you early in the game just an excuse to kill you.
>Your first final death
Starvation during the first four cycles or so.

>have they made any other games besides the Void and Pathologic?
The made CARGO! Quest for Gravity, which was shit. It was a giant joke, a jab at their critics and a raised middle finger to people who thought games are supposed about being FUN. Sadly, the joke wasn't enough to carry the title and the game was an absolute technical mess, and while there always was a hint of irony about all of it ("making FUN does not necessary mean having fun"), being ironically bad still does not excuse being bad.

Their last game was Knock-Knock, small 2D horror game funded by a kickstarter. It was absolutely fascinating in many respects, but it was a small game and extremely confusing, which made it almost unmarketable (most people thought it was some kind of a retro-style platformers and completely ignored it). It's still well worth playing, it's a game that can quite literally get into your head and cause anxieties and nightmares. In fact, I never finished it because of that.

Multitude of magazines talked about having played the stand-alone demo. Thinking it's some kind of a ruse is really borderline paranoia.

That is some fucking crazy insecurity on display there. Yeah, they are tempremental and unreliable. Wecome to the world of artists and crazy creative people. Deadlines don't matter: produce matter. IPL does games no other studio is capable of doing, it's well worth being patient for that. Frankly, I don't know of a single kickstarter project that actually met their bloody deadline before.

>IPL does games no other studio is capable of doing

its not exactly a good thing to be the only studio able of producing garbage like the Void

Pathologic is literally their one golden goose and they're riding the hype train for all its worth, they'll never make another noteworthy game.

Except The Void was fantastic, and Knock-Knock was pretty damn great too. The only game they regularly fucked up was CARGO, which was a complete dud and nearly killed the studio.

Pathologic was their best game, no doubt about that, but not nearly the only good game they had made.

>It was a giant joke, a jab at their critics and a raised middle finger to people who thought games are supposed about being FUN

That's anglogamers' interpretation. In Germany, for example, the game almost got cancelled due to 'nazi propaganda', and in Russia, everyone saw it as some kind of political satire. Fun fact, when the director's 10 y.o. son got to play it, he said something along the lines of "Daddy, is political situation in Russia really THAT bad?"

>In Germany, for example, the game almost got cancelled due to 'nazi propaganda',
Jesus Fucking Christ I would like to see THAT reasoning. Seriously, could you expand on that for me?

>That's anglogamers' interpretation.
I'm a slav, actually, and we have a lot of experience with projecting political interpretations into works: I mean in my country, Kafka was for the longest time understood as an anti-regime literature.
That said, I think any political interpretations on the game feels a bit forced: I mean sure, there is a major theme of irresponcibility of the common man and his reluctance to address and look at serious and important topics. But it's also very general.
I'm pretty sure IPL even stated somewhere back when CARGO was announced that the most common criticism of their games went along the lines of "these games are deep and heavy, but not actually fun at all" and that they wanted to address that complaint. Further more, every single game up till Knock-Knock was obsessed with the subject matter of creation, and the studio itself acknowledged that numerous time, talking about how the process of making something (a game) to them is actually inherently fanscinating and almost magical. CARGO is actually the one game where this problem is most heavily addressed.

It's literally a game about world where things lose their weight, because humanity has been replaced by a race of man-children who only care about dumb "fun" in the form of instant gratification. Your goal is to create things that have WEIGHT, and the creativity itself is the most interesting and entertaining aspect of the game, but in order to do, you need CURRENCY, and that currency is only obtained by entertaining fools who are satisfied with really silly gratifying acts.

Sure, expanding this problem on a political level is possible, but not necessary and understanding it as a general criticism of creative industry makes more sense to me.

I would like to learn more about this. Is there an article or video you're sourcing this from?

itc.ua/blogs/intervyu_s_ice-pick_lodge_o_cargo_the_quest_for_gravity_jevrika_53718/

>Дa мы и caми нe знaeм… И тo и тo. Cкopee, пocлeднee. Haши coбcтвeнныe 6-9-лeтниe дeти
игpaют в нee c yлюлюкaньeм – a чepeз пoлчaca игpaния в «Эвpикy!» зaдaют вoпpoc: «Пaпa, a
чтo, c Poccиeй в caмoм дeлe чтo-тo нe глaдкo?» B oбщeм, мы имeннo к этoмy и cтpeмилиcь.
Игpa, пpямo cкaжeм, пoлyчилacь злoбoднeвнaя (кaк и пoлaгaeтcя плoщaднoй кoмeдии). Heмцы
дaжe пoтpaтилиcь нa пepeoзвyчaниeиcхoднoй вepcии: им пoкaзaлocь, чтo ecть в игpe пpизнaки
нaциcтcкoй пpoпaгaнды. A мы тoлькo хoхoтaли oт дyши и злopaднo пoтиpaли лaдoши – пoтoмy чтo
в «Эвpикe!» этoгo и в пoминe нe былo!

>go into the game without really knowing what it is
>looks like a walking simulator, settle down for some comfiness
>my save 8 hours in

why is Una bait?

That glyph became 'bait' in westernized version. In the first version ever published it was a medium, the most common glyph of communication. In fact, there was the whole three communicational glyphs:
'Medium' (now 'bait') = 'tell me something'
'Void' (now 'ordalia') = 'tell me about the world and its inner workings'
'Conspiration' (now 'vampire') = 'tell me about your brother's weaknesses'

Yeah, getting into The Void without knowing anything about it guarantee's you an assrape of the highest proportions...
The game is a dick. Like seriously, I've seen only a very few games that would dick over it's player in the way The Void does.

>garbage like the Void

Now that's what I call shit taste

Huh, that's interesting. I guess the whole concept was scrapped then, since they just tell you whatever they have to say when certain events happen?

Yup, 'The Void' got more streamlined and action-oriented, compared to Turgor.

>I would like to see THAT reasoning.
I didn't finish Cargo myself because that piece of shit lagged like a bitch on my toaster but iirc gods literally create 'ubermensch' in the end, and it looks like a round yellow smiley.

>but iirc gods literally create 'ubermensch' in the end, and it looks like a round yellow smiley.
Except the gods are incompetent bumbling idiots and basically the secondary antagonists of the game, so how is this "nazi propaganda" for fuck sake?
Hey, the Grand Master Jacob from TW1 wanted to kill all non humans and create a race of superpowered ubermench to survive the upcoming White Frost. I mean, he is the game's antagonist and you kill him for it, but still, Nazi propaganda!
I don't get the Germans for this...

who's gonna play this artsy-fartsy nonsence?

Anons, can I play the original russian version with eng subititles?
youtube.com/watch?v=f0oxiiUnK2Y
IMO, russian voices of brothers spook me for some reason, maybe I just don't know the language.

Also
How does one find "Turgor" apparently, it's 2 different games (almost), but was it released in english?

That official art-work/designes? Looks pretty spooky.

Yeah, those are official art-works from the Void goodies torrent set. IPL always had amazing concept art. Some surprisingly good fan-art too, though.

Alas, the only way to get the original Turgor now is to download repack torrent
manytorrents.net/load/pk_igry/adventure/turgor_dilogija_2008_2009/56-1-0-25120
there is, however, an english subtitles patch for it but they aren't synched:
forum.ice-pick.com/viewtopic.php?t=9444

Having played both games in Russian and watched English letsplay, I can say that English voice cast can get pretty off: Ava is supposed to have low, husky voice of a full-grown woman but she sounds like bamham catwoman, and Ole's original voice sparkled with life and curiosity while english speaking players make assumptions that she's been abandoned, or something.

Also, in the original game, the Nameless Sister gave you brief insight into each sister's character which was particularly hilarious in case of Ire: "My boy won't be hanging around that ho, get out this instant, mister!". But her passage about Yuna was pretty cool: "If someone nailed her soils to floor, she'd have nailed her hands to ceiling hoping that she'll tear around the ankles." The Void misses a lot of neat writing.

Do I want to play this game? Started skipping through the thread to avoid spoilers in case I do but... from the looks of it, I guess it's one of those pretentious art games that actually succeeded for once?

I'm sure it's all very trippy and full of mind fucks and all, but is it actually fun to play or what? It ain't just a walk and talk is it?

->
Take a guess.

>Alas

>but is it actually fun to play or what?
In the grand tradition of IPL games, it's about as fun to play as Tarkovski is to watch or Kafka is to read. It's not meant to be fun, it's meant to be depressing, exhausting, confusing.
That said, it's DEFINITELY not a walk and talk, I can promise that to you. The mechanics are... robust and definitely don't lack in challenge.

The game is pretty much most noteworthy by arguably some of the best, if not the best integration of the mechanics and the narrative into one joined system. The story is the gameplay and the gameplay is the story. It just so happens the story is dark, sad, and to many people, pretentious as fuck.

It's your call, really. I can promise to you that this is not another Dear Esther, but I can't tell you if you are going to enjoy it in the end. It's a very niche appealing game.

Gameplay, not story spoilers (I'm going to spoil it anyway because figuring out how the game plays is part of the mystery of the game). Read at your own discretion:

At heart (haha), The Void is a resource management game with survival elements and a combat system that can be most likened to the magic from Arx Fatalis or Black And White, where you fight, cast spells and buff yourself temporarily by drawing glyphs and symbols on the screen.

You juggle your core resources: Lympha, which acts like your health bar, and Nerva, which essentially serves as mana and currency. You gain Lympha by collecting it in the world, and later on by using your Nerva to revive gardens or create "mines" which will over time generate new Lympha for you, You gain Nerva by burning Lympha, which happens over time - you do get to decide how fast you burn through your reserves though. If you run out of Lympha, it's game over.

The main challenge in the game is ballancing shit out: making sure you'll be able to secure enough Lympha to last you through out each "Cycle" (stages of the game), while having enough Nerva to be able to unlock new areas of the game, keep yourself protected from enemies etc... It sounds simple enough, but trust me, in reality it's hard as fuck. There are some additional mechanics to it, but revealing those would be too much of a spoiler.

The game requires you to think several steps ahead and stay proactive at all time. It's highly lethal, it's very easy to make a mistake and die, and even worse yet, it's easy to make a mistake that you only realize to be a mistake several cycles later down and die because of it. There are predators prowling through the world, NPC's riding your ass, naked ladies stripping for money, animals you can hunt, and small levels to explore for secrets and shit. The progression is semi-linear, where you have generally some freedom in deciding which areas to unlock next.

Wait hang on, that bit about not realising you made a mistake until later sounds terrible. So you could potentially fuck up your entire save or lose hours of progress?

>drip-feed to strip tease
What? What kind of girl are there? How good is the actual combat?

While we're in the IPL bread, is the guy who read 'Definitely Maybe' by my recommendation here?

>that bit about not realising you made a mistake until later sounds terrible.
It's pretty integral to the game's design. Which means it's actually pretty integral to the games narrative as well. Yeah, your actions have consequences in this game, and sometimes far more severe than you might think.

>So you could potentially fuck up your entire save
Generally speaking the game makes new save slots with almost every save you make (including end-of-the-cycle autosaves) so unless you deliberately delete saves and insist on saving over old ones, you should never get a completely fucked save. However:

>lose hours of progress?
You are very much GUARANTEED to lose hours of playthrough on your first run of the game. The game has a mild case of "fail-better" attitude where fucking up and learning from your mistakes is actually just part of the process. But yeah, it's not for impatient people.

>What kind of girl are there?
Color-hungry sluts.

>How good is the actual combat?
Not very. It's definitely not viceral. The big "boss fights" are frequently more like puzzles than direct input challenges: preparation and strategy, and understanding how the enemies work and how your glyphs work and which are most effective is more important than the twitch-aspect of it to begin with. The challenge is chosing the right glyphs at the right time, and not screwing up drawing those glyphs, but there is no precision aiming or particular emphasis on movement and positionality in the process.

Basic fights with predators are really basic and best to fucking avoid if at least a little possible.

Scroll through the thread to find out ;)

The combat is done through drawing signs. The more color you put in the sign, the more dmg it does. Different signs offer different flexeblity.
I like the one, where you have create and charge 3 beacons in form of the triangle, to make it explode.

While the fights with abominations are pretty unremarkable, fight with brothers are defently a highlight and will make you pull your hair out.

If you wanna watch someone complete the game in one sitting, this LP is good: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB8F47C6867017A55

He has a good understanding of the game's mechanics and provides insightful, intelligent commentary throughout. It's not just one of those HEY WHATS UP GUYS FUTTBUCKER666 HERE types of modern LPs. It's more like a guided walkthrough of the game with commentary.

I enjoyed experiencing the game this way, though you may prefer to play it yourself if you have time for lots of trial and error.

2 different people saying almost the same thing.

Ire had some pretty cool concepts, I wonder why sleeves was the only detail that made it to the final look.

Well, we did play the same game...

There has been a surge of interest in this game lately. Wonder why that is...

I've recently bought the game from GoG due to craving I got after one of these threads. I've already finished it twice on a pirated version. I though I'm pretty comfortable with it, but apparently I'm getting anxiety strikes when playing it these days. It's driving me nuts. I want to explore it again...

These two could be so much better if Bachelor was shouting classic "Rip and tear" but in broken latin, and Haruspex yelling something like "Rip and sell your guts for drugs".

Yani's apartment, between the noises and the abandoned, cluttered mess, was one of the scariest things I've ever experienced. The sound of footsteps, of life, that you simply never see. It is haunting.

Feel free to change them, I just saved that from a thread long, long time ago about game-related memes, where it was just me and the guy who posted it who got the reference in the first place...

When it comes to Pathologic related jokes, I always found this one amusing, mostly because it captures Danies mentality pretty well. Shame for the cheap "asking for direction" joke.

I can't into Latin or snappy phrasing.
I did make this one, though.

>Shame for the cheap "asking for direction" joke.
That's not a "cheap joke", that's a quote from a Russian cult classic comedy "Operation Y".

Oddly enough, for some reason I thought everyone was just replaying this game.

that one was fun, but it was so disjointed and full of cut content, it was really depressing.

Is it? I had no idea. In my country, asking for the direction to the library is just a common textbook phrase when you learn foreign languages, and thus associated with "the thing somebody probably asking you when you don't understand their language" joke.
Interesting.

Devexá et abrumpe!
I seriously can't guarantee that's right, because it has been AGES since I did latin.

Can you translate all three bubbles?

I'm not sure if I can do that. Just looking up the imperative for those two verbs took me like fifteen minutes... I'll look into it though.

Not him, but Daniel is the kind of person who only interjects latin buzz phrases into his speech occasionally to look smarter, he would not talk in latin only.
If 's translation is right, it would make sense to have him just scream:
Bubble one: Devexá et abrumpe your guts!
Two: You are huge, that means you have huge guts!
Three: Devexá et abrumpe!

The point of 'broken Latin' was that Daniel is a huge show-off and really doesn't know Latin at all, though.

>There has been a surge of interest in this game lately. Wonder why that is...
Kept getting mentioned in Pathologic/IPL general threads, I assume. So it worked!

These are perfect, well done user. I especially like Artemy's.
This game doesn't have enough memes.

>When it comes to Pathologic related jokes, I always found this one amusing, mostly because it captures Danies mentality pretty well.
This is fucking brilliant.
>the very first (well, probably second) thing you're likely to do after stepping outside of Eve's house is stab two poor bastards to death with no reason at all
Also, this dude has the best IPL fanart.

>Favorite Sister
Uta

>Most hated Brother
Warden

>Your first final death

I starved in the void several cycles into my first playthrough.

>the very first (well, probably second) thing you're likely to do after stepping outside of Eve's house is stab two poor bastards to death with no reason at all
My favorite part is.
>"What happend to you, we though you were dead! The soldiers brought you in, shot, I had a grave dug out for you..."
>"Never mind that. Do you have anything I could borrow that could serve as a weapon? Anything?"
>"Uh... I have a kitchen knife?"
>"Thanks, that will do. Now excuse me, I'm gonna get my stuff back."
Somebody once described Daniel as "Snake-skin coat and death in his eyes."

>I tried playing it a couple weeks ago but was totally intimidated by all the resource management and time limit stuff and dropped it after an hour.

You just have to get used to the idea that you probably won't beat it in your first playthrough.

In addition to this, save before every planting session. It's VERY easy to mistakenly plant too much of a color you don't need, or too little of another color you actually need. And don't plant over and over in the same garden or you'll kill it and make it unusable in the future.

>Somebody once described Daniel as "Snake-skin coat and death in his eyes."
Perfect. I don't remember the exact dialogue, but another favourite scene of mine is where you're going to rescue Eve and you can demand a rifle and some twyrine from Andrei

That "who dies first" just makes me sad...