Devil May Cry Thread

Why didn't Dante fight Nero for Yamato as a final test at the end?

Having the final boss be a 3rd Dante fight would have rounded out DMC4 much better.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/b_Pz8WiEW4U
youtube.com/watch?v=m4XxSDXfEKo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>forcing your nephew to fight for his birthday present

I should do that next time

Having Dante be the last boss would have drawn some nice parallels too DMC3 too.

Not that the Dante fights is anywhere near as good as the Vergil ones.

>In-game cutscenes that works with alternative costumes.

Really just shows how mindblowingly impressive DMC4 was for a 2008 game.

It would. Another missed oportunity in DMC4. Throw that one along with all the other missed oportunities.

SPARDA MAY CRY WHEN?????

Even DMC1 did this.

>Sparda game.

Seems like one of those things better reserved for the stuff of legends imo. Some things are better left mysterious.

I was more talking about how great looking the cutscenes are for a 2008 60fps PS360 game. So most pro

So most probably assume it's pre-rendered*

>Kamiya legit wants to make a DMC/Bayo crossover
Now if we could only get Konami to not be stupid.

Kamiya wants to do a lot of things

Konami?

Dante fight was shit, you just grabbed him over and over

Fucking auto correct. You all know what I meant.

This.

Kamiya has said he basically treats Twitter as a joke, as if that wasn't obvious enough already. Never take anything he says on Twitter seriously.

You sure know how to have fun

The cutscenes aren't pre-rendered though. All of it is in-game, which is why the costume choices can be reflected in the cutscenes too. DmC went retarded with a lot of things including using pre-rendered cutscenes that were as ugly as the ingame graphics anyway, just more pixelated which dumb as fuck.

I also still can't understand why the fuck developers still rely on pre-rendered cutscenes to this day, especially if the game has unlockable outfits or just customisable outfits and all. And even more especially if the ingame graphics are really good looking. Any devs or whoever that can provide a reason for this? Is it more convenient or something?

>The cutscenes aren't pre-rendered though. All of it is in-game, which is why the costume choices can be reflected in the cutscenes too.
Yeah that's what I said.

But considering how good they look, you wouldn't be dumb to think that shit is pre-rendered, but it's not. Also DmC cutscenes were "mostly" in-game, with a few pre-rendered exceptions.

youtu.be/b_Pz8WiEW4U

3rd fight with Vergil happened because for one blue oni had to leave to complete the reference, and two Vergil had to end up at mercy of Mundus to close the circle with DMC1.
There was no reason for Dante to fight Nero at the end, they were buddies now and Nero proved more than worthy.
Second fight was actually the final test you have in mind, even though Nero lost he still proved himself cause his motivation is on side of good.

Rider May Cry when?

>There was no reason for Dante to fight Nero at the end, they were buddies now and Nero proved more than worthy.

Yes there was.

More satisfying way to end the game instead of shitty Sanctus and false savior.

never
Itsuno wanted to make a Lady spin-off but nothing came out of it

imho all the DMC girls are boring as shit. Lady fares the best due to her fighting style but personality wise she's a total snorefest like the rest.

>Marvel VS Capcom 3 barely had any story at all.

Such a missed opportunity for fun crossover shenanigans.

>all the DMC girls are boring as shit.

Trish is best girl

>Wanting long range button mashing
Go play God of War.

Trish is the second worst. In the first game she just kinda loafs around farting out a little exposition, followed by the DARK SOUL WITH LIIIIIIIIGHT style redemption 1 was famous for.

In every game since she's literally just there hovering in the background and not really being relevant. Even in 4 she wasnt relevant.

>Even in 4 she wasnt relevant.

She's pretty relevant in 4 though, even though the game does a poor job of showing it.

She infiltrates the Order as Gloria and gives Sanctus Sparda's sword to gain their trust, allowing Dante and her to gain knowledge about them. Meanwhile Lady is literally just "Hey man I got a job for you" and never actually goes to Fortuna in DMC4.

Or the actual Ghost Rider game.

Yeah but the ending where they teamed up was fun.

youtube.com/watch?v=m4XxSDXfEKo

Because once their story is over, they just don't know what to do with those female characters, besides pushing them into background in favor of the guys. Deadly Fortune novel had Trish and Lady actually take part in the story, game had them more or less as decoration.

>Meanwhile Lady is literally just "Hey man I got a job for you" and never actually goes to Fortuna in DMC4.
That's cause of trimmed story, in novel she at least bails them off the island with a boat.

>Even in 4 she wasnt relevant.
She was arguably more relevant in 4 than in 1

Does the Deadly Fortune novel have an actual translation or is it a fan translation? I'd love to read it.

>Dante struggles to make money and is struggling with debt, if you see DMC shop in 4 it is mostly empty because he presumably pawned most of his stuff
>Lady became rich enough to own/boss Dante around
how

He at the very least isn't in debt to Lady anymore considering she actually paid him and Trish at the end of 4

A friend of mine once tried to research it, but most you can get is a short synopsis from devils-lair. True shame, first two novels are quite popular, only for this one to get no interest from licenser.

>How

Read the meme50 doujin.

boring as fuck and repetitive hack and slash games, they all are way too fucking long as well. Just as autistic as fucking musou games, just not to that level

>Read the meme50 doujin
never come near me

>Just as autistic as fucking musou games

Except for the fact that Musou games require absolutely no skill whatsoever and are shallow as a puddle.

I'm still playing the same game almost a decade later.

>boring as fuck and repetitive hack and slash games
If you're bad maybe

that would've been good. even better if they did it in a jokey, good-natured way. just a couple of bros in a healthy competition.

casual detected

>I'm still playing the same game almost a decade later.
>that means I'm not autistic

it's a repetitive single player game, it is casual but also boring. There is no skill involved besides knowing boss fights

Yeah, because all those people who spent over 15 years playing Counter Strike 1.6 are totally autistic too right?

wew lad

Probably, yeah.

It always bugged me that DMC4 didn't have you fight Dante three times. I never thought of that but now I really wish the game really did end up that way.

That game's rival fight progression always irked me. You fight Dante at the beginning of the game, Angelo Credo once, who's supposed to be your other rival kind of, then you fight Dante one more time, and that's it.

1 and 3 had you fight your rivals three times ffs.

Dante tends to be a bit overzealous when it comes to fighting demons. Most of the money he makes from his various jobs goes towards repairs for the places he destroyed during the job

How should a Sparda game play like, DMCbros? Like any other DMC game or more over-the-top like Bayonetta?

What should Devil May Cry x Bayonetta/Bayonetta x Devil May Cry play like?

If Capcom ever got to make a cuhrayzee action game based on a Marvel property, I'd rather get Deadpool.

>Lady spinoff that plays like RE6 but with more developed combat
Fucking please. They just need to do something to save that combat system.

One thing I dislike about this shitty genre is that the main char is a god beating up weaklings. Even if you change the difficulty it doesn't make it harder just more of an annoyance because it just takes a few seconds longer

Imagine if early in the game (like before Dante even appears), you fought Credo in his human form, where he has a stripped down and tamer version of his current moveset. It could be a training exercise between him and Nero, or they just get into a fight about Kyrie or something. Then about halfway through you fought Credo as he is now, and then you fight him one last time with an expanded moveset just before the final boss (maybe the demon pope is using his soul as a puppet and you beat him to set him free, or something).

Personally I'd much rather have that than the lazy recycled bosses that are in the game now.

Try saying that after playing DMC1 and DMC3 on Dante Must Die.

It's a nice idea but, probably more work than it's worth.

Having a third Dante fight at the end would not be hard to do at all, giving Credo a human form would kind of require an entirely new fight. It was fucking weird that Credo was one of the only bosses you only fought once though. He's one of the best. Why wasn't the final battle during mission 19 Credo again instead of Agnus? really weird.

I like Trish, but I do find her kind of boring. Her design is kinda boring. Don't get me wrong, I think when she's just a fun-loving badass who has a lot of flash with her lightning powers, she can be pretty cool and there's some potential there, but compared to anyone else, she's basically the most boring DMC character by far and away, aside from maybe Lucia, and at least she has the excuse of being in a bad game. And when it comes to Gloria, I always thought it'd be more interesting if Gloria were a separate character entirely who just ended up being the DMC girl of that game, if you don't count Kyrie.

That said, Lucia being brought back when?

That sounds legitimately better than what we actually got. I never did like how Credo had this important place in Nero's backstory or how his skills with a sword were supposedly actually quite good, yet you never got to really see any of that. He's basically in the game all of three times iirc. He barely even matters, aside from the one boss fight.

This mostly applies to 4 because most of the enemies in it are just punching bag.

There's a couple of tougher enemies but most of them are pretty helpless.

The dante fights were garbage, just like the entire game

Its just a bot reading inputs rather than actually having a more natural behavior pattern of its own like all other bosses

>Put the 3rd hardest boss fight in the game, a giant ice boss, whose weakspot is up in the air, well before the player receives the flame weapon with a built in aerial attack

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

>WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?
git gud

Also frankly, I found Beowulf and Geryion to be harder, all things considered.

>unable to attack his hand and then his face
he's not even hard
acquire proficiency

Why do none of you fags complain about Vergil 3 input reading? If you fuck up Dante punishes you, oh no! He doesn't read you inputs as they come out he reacts to your attacks, if you whiff shit far away or slighty far off from him he doesn't react to it. Whereas if you hit him enough in royal guard he'll royal release on you.

DMC4SE > DMC3SE > DmC:DMC > DMC > DMC2

Objective fact, nostalgia cucks grow up.

The only objective fact is that youre under 16 and have probably never played a hack and slash outside of DMC and MGRR

I never played any Metal Gear game, I don't like interactive movies, I am a real gamer, not a retarded poser like you son of a whore. Also I am 25. Nostalgia retards are manchildren that can't grow up. My rankings are objective.

don't give him the (you)s

You have the shotgun

Use it.

>I never played any Metal Gear game, I don't like interactive movies, I am a real gamer, not a retarded poser like you son of a whore.

Youre sounding more and more retarded with every new post, MGRR has nothing to do with metal gear outside of the universe its set in

>My rankings are objective.

Objectively retarded, that is. Its obvious you're a childish clown who thinks that "the number of mechanics/ moves is bigger= the game is automatically better"

>My rankings are objective.
First off, while I can accept 4 or 3 being the top 3 automatically makes it in the top 3, there's no contest. Secondly, the idea that DmC even breaches the top 3 is so laughable it's clear you're out for (you)s

I said he was the 3rd hardest boss. Also, the horse boss isn't hard. Beowulf and Arkham are the two bosses that are harder.

He is hard for being the boss of the third level. He hits luck a truck, he's not guaranteed to go down even after hitting his legs tons of times, and you can only jump up to slash his heads with swordmaster at that point in the game, which means you aren't using the superior Trickster or Royalguard styles.

I don't understand. Shotgun's never saved me from his big, frozen red rocket. Use it how?

>I said he was the 3rd hardest boss
Frankly, I thought, in addition to the two that I named, Arkham and Vergil (3) were much harder. And Doppelganger on higher difficulties can be a nightmare too.

>Also, the horse boss isn't hard.
He's definitely harder than Cerberus. I used to hate fighting him until I started enjoying the challenge.

>Beowulf and Arkham are the two bosses that are harder.
Thank fuck I'm at least not the only one who found Beowulf to be difficult.

Also, Vergil?

>"the number of mechanics/ moves is bigger= the game is automatically better"
>"game has better gameplay, it doesn't mean it is a better game!!!!!"

rofl, ok retard. go "play" your interactive movies.

DmC is better than DMC1 and DMC2, if you disagree you are a nostalgia cuck or some homosexual who can't get over the younger dante look.

If youre genuinely stupid enough to think that "gameplay" being "better" is only dictated by the movelist being bigger, you should genuinely kill yourself or for the very least fuck off to stop embarrassing yourself

Vergil is the best, most intuitive boss in the game. I beat him probably 4/5 times I fight him. Rebellion's Stinger attack chains nicely into a combi when he leaves himself open.

I've also hardly ever lose to Geriyon. You use Spiral/Ebony&Ivory cancel and jump over the wheel when he gets close to beat first phase, then just never stop moving during phase two.

jeez user, all the (you)s you're baiting for won't bring daddy back

Phone autocorrect makes me sound Eastern European, but you get the idea.

>DmC is better than DMC1 and DMC2
>better than DMC1
wew

>Vergil is the best, most intuitive boss in the game. I beat him probably 4/5 times I fight him. Rebellion's Stinger attack chains nicely into a combi when he leaves himself open.
I agree that Vergil is easily the best boss in the game, but come on. Vergil 3 is definitely one of the most difficult bosses in the whole game. Not gonna lie, I died a bunch to him my first time playing, on any difficulty. Vergil 1 and 2 as well, especially the latter.

>I've also hardly ever lose to Geriyon. You use Spiral/Ebony&Ivory cancel and jump over the wheel when he gets close to beat first phase, then just never stop moving during phase two.
Never tried this method. Usually I just try to get him stunned whenever he stops moving during phase 2, and move in close to wail on him. I used to get so fucking mad at that boss.

When he stopped moving, you jumped on top of the carriage, right? He's also super weak to Cerberus nunchucks.

It's weird. I hear all the time that Vergil 3 is hard, but I rarely fail to kick his ass. I'm not bragging, I almost always push his shit in. The important thing is to only use devil trigger when he does, I guess.

Of course it is, better gameplay, better and smoother engine+experience, better graphics, better story. All of that in order of importance.

DMC is overrated, it should deserve respect for the fact that it kickstarted the genre, but later entries did a lot better job than DMC, stop being nostalgia cucks, it is pathetic.

>When he stopped moving, you jumped on top of the carriage, right? He's also super weak to Cerberus nunchucks.
I don't know if I've ever tried this more than a few times. I know it's what you can do but Idk if the strategy ever occurred to me the first few times I played the game.

I didn't know he was weak to Cerberus though.

>The important thing is to only use devil trigger when he does, I guess.

>he actually used DT against Vergil instead of not using it for bragging rights

Nah, I'm joking but I did use DT my first few times through the game and he still kicked my ass. I mean, it's fucking Vergil.

musou

If you use DT when vergil does, you can knock him out if his DT early by inflicting enough damage. Except during his freakout he has at 50%. Then you just evade his flurry of combos and helmbreakers until he gets tired.

And I'm pretty sure jumping on Geriyon's carriage and riding him around while inflicting damage is what the devs intended. He's really easy when you do that. I hope that doesn't sound elitist.

>If you use DT when vergil does, you can knock him out if his DT early by inflicting enough damage.
You can do this without DT as well iirc.

>And I'm pretty sure jumping on Geriyon's carriage and riding him around while inflicting damage is what the devs intended. He's really easy when you do that. I hope that doesn't sound elitist.
Fuck you anyway.

bumpu

>666 dollars
>each

Hahaha.

Fuck you.

Lady > Lucia > Trish/Gloria > Kyrie