Cyberpunk 2077 news

Where were you when cdpr ruined cyberpunk 2077

shacknews.com/article/96991/cyberpunk-2077-may-feature-a-massive-city-with-seamless-multiplayer

So its basically going to be always online like that tom Clancy city game ,shit I already forgot its name.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kbXvl7-XlaY
youtube.com/watch?v=aN2jxG5_ydY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

"may"

I don't care about this game until it is out.

If you actually read the purpose of the grant as stated, its more indicative of in-game features acting as a lobby/menu screen.

E.g. Walk into an arcade, walk up to a game, interact to bring up multiplayer/stats/whatever.

>Game has seamless MP

>"GUESS IT'S ALWAYS GONNA BE ONLINE GOD DAMN FUCK SHIT"

Not every game that has seamless MP is always online, you autistic piece of shit.

Why would they make it after The Division when it was such a public fucking failure.

Quit being a goddamn retard user.

Cyberpunk is one of the worlds premier old school P&P RPGs. They're meant to be played WITH people.

CD Projekt leaking at the possibility of some sort of seamless Multiplayer could be several things.

Least of all them literally making another failure like The Division.

FFS.

>A second grant labeled Seamless Multiplayer is described within the grant as "a complex technology for making unique multiplayer gameplay mechanics, including the ability to search for opponents, manage game session, replicate objects, and support for different game modes along with a unique set of dedicated tools."
>Giving players the option of jumping in and out of play sessions at will makes sense in a futuristic setting like Cyberpunk 2077's, where an in-game technology could be used to explain away the option.
They even say manage game session. It will likely end up something similar to Dark Souls.

>The Division when it was such a public fucking failure.

>The game received positive reviews, and was a commercial success, with Ubisoft stating that the game broke the company's record for highest number of first-day sales

you're a retard

Regardless of what Ubisoft panders about, or pays most reviewers with INCENTIVES to review.

The Division fucking sucked. Hard.

Everyone who's purchased it across Reddit & Cred Forums has lambasted it.

Great Premise. And then Ubisoft progressively cocked it up with retarded patches and slow responses overall to rising problems.

>Cyberpunk is one of the worlds premier old school P&P RPGs
Literally what the hell are you talking about?

>hey bro, I came up with this video game but I don't know what to call it
>well, what is the genre
>cyberpunk
>well, what is the year
>2077
>call it cyberpunk 2077
>dude you're a genius

Seriously?

Like?
Cyberpunk 2077 will most likely be online only
Suck it mofos

>not knowing its based off the FAMOUS FUCKING BOARD GAME
GOD DAMN user DONT BE A RETARD

Nigger really?
Do you not know where the actual IP known as Cyberpunk originates from?

CD Projekt didn't just give it a random fucking name.

THANK YOU.

No one plays the Division anymore which is more important than the initial sales, since if the game couldn't keep people interested for more than a couple of months, theyre not gonna give a shit about the sequel

Cred Forums is just the biggest cesspool of pessimistic manchildren.

Hey being pessimistic is better than being optimistic these days and I'm not a manchild I'm an actual child

U mad it can't be pirated?

division is far far away from seamless

if it's dark souls like it might be fun, or even watch dogs but not as intrusive

No I'm mad because
>intrusive always online DRM
>can't play when servers down
>can't play when servers taken offline
>can't play when no internet
Not everyone is a poorfag user

This was the only game I way looking forward to in the foreseeable future

RIP

I feel you user

It hurts me that seems like only you bother to read the article. Seems like we will get randomized city too

Give it up user, the others only here to shitpost. I'd say it'll be quite interesting if it's actually true since the article also mentioned a randomized city

das kinda retarded
MP balance does not mesh well with the single player "feel" in a RPG.

But all of that sounds fucking terrible

>"a complex technology for creating a huge living city, playable in real time, which [the technology] is based on rules, AI, and automation, and supports innovative processes and tools for making top-notch open-world games."

I'd agree with the randomized city, since the clusterfuck that is No Man's Scam makes me more cautious towards game who says they'll use randomized things but they just applied for some kind of permission of some sort to do that through their union of game dev it seems? Idk but I'll just wait for more info before buying it anyway.

I don't have any problems with the multiplayer stuff if it's true since from what the article said it's more like creating a lobby of some sort that allow players to join another players city seamlessly if I;m not mistaken

Alright after reading my post many times, I think the randomized thing is more of how the AI will be randomized, now I'm more scared guys

The wording on all of that is pretty vague so nothing is set in stone but Multiplayer elements in Singleplayer games are usually fucking bad and games that try to merge Singleplayer and multiplayer are always fucking terrible

Randomized things are rarely good in games

Got alpha ? Beta ? Just a talk ? No, thank you. I'll just wait then

Yo guys
I'm rich as fuck so if I buy enough shares of cdpr(its a publicly traded company right) they'll be forced to show me what they are working on right after all I'm the owner of the company right?

Go back to twitter Notch

Jesus christ I've never been hyped for a game for so long only to immediately lose all interest upon reading a single descriptive word about the game

MMO.

Fucking dropped. And to think I defended this game against all the shitposters claiming it was dead and silently cancelled. Looks like the city in this could be procedurally generated too, I apologise Cred Forums, I wish this game was dead now.

If you do, make them cancel this fucking garbage and tell them to make another single player hub based RPG again instead of open world gimmick shit with tacked on online and randomly generated levels.

Calm down. It's as good as a rumor at this point. All we know is the game is in production, nothing more. Not saying it's going to be good but wait until there's actually confirmed info.

I think the idea is to make the single player have a different feel or approach or whatever each playthrough since the AI is randomized.

But that's the problem though, it will be randomized, it have no way to make sure the AI doesn't go retarded and makes thing goes bad gameplay wise.

I agree with your statement, at this point we can only hope it actually turns out good since seems like CDPR is doing research on this subject, I just hope it doesn't went bad

>ruined

We all know it's never coming out

Why do you keep posting this shit thread?
It's not even big news, or real news for that matter

>i-it's not real!!

Fuck off CDPR shill

It wil be on GoG so no DRM

This isn't EA or Blizzard. I'm sure they're aware they can't make an always online singleplayer game without it fucking up.

Witcher 3 was so fucking shit I hope they go bankrupt and poland gets nuked

>being this retarded
guess that's Cred Forums for you

What games let me get noided?

As long as i get to ride on a motorcycle through night city i'm all good.

You know where you can do this?

Life. I just ride my bike through downtown Vancouver at like 2am and it feels cyberpunk as fuck.

>So its basically going to be always online like that tom Clancy city game ,shit I already forgot its name.

Good thing CDPR is a competent dev, unlike all the worthless shitters slinging spaghetti code for Ubisoft.
Good thing CDPR is focusing their resources on only building one game with their core team and having their secondary team deal with the card game. Meanwhile, Ubi has a dozen nearly identical games in dev at any time, doesnt pay attention to where the money is going and constantly shuffles devs around so they're frazzled and distracted.

I don't have a bike right now, but i plan on getting one in the future.

Only problem for me is that i live on the swedish countryside, not really cyberpunk-ish

Randomized city wouldn't be a bad thing as long as there are interesting mechanics that support it.

you two should fuck

Why are people so blindly hyped for this game? I mean, the name and setting is the only thing that we've known about this game for years. I don't understand how people are excited for something they know nothing about. Same shit with Death Stranding.

literally nothing saying that. just saying theyll have multiplayer that works well. probably will be like watch dogs where its just in and out of an online game and no lobbies. you faggot

Souls series. The games which popularised seamless mp.
Open world games with mini games and leaderboards like far cry or saint's row.

>Good thing CDPR is a competent dev, unlike all the worthless shitters slinging spaghetti code for Ubisoft.

They're not though. Ubisoft open world games have more complex mechanics yet they still feel more polished and less buggy

>classifying roleplaying as a board game
even in death i get no peace, back to tg for me

fuck really man all i want is a good cyber punk rpg no multiplayer shit, why does every developer feel like they need to poop the bed. At least mount & blade will be good

>anti-witcher shills already start working even though we know nothing about the game yet besides rumors and scrap info

Now every new trailer/announcement will have hate threads, just like pre-release TW3 and it's dlcs, where vocal minority post bullshit and reposts some irrelevant glitches, even though most people here (and everywhere really) aree game was great.

Can't wait.

>they still feel more polished and less buggy

>At least mount & blade will be good
CONSOLES
O
N
S
O
L
E
S

Nice meming faggot

Witcher 3 is so rough and unpolished the horse will get stuck in fences and Geralt can't even run in closed spaces without getting stuck in everything

Oh boy, so begins the period of baseless speculation in search of clicks.

what god dammit fuck at least ill always have fapping

And Ubisoft games are know to be the buggiest releases right next to Bethesda you mongoloid

I know it's cool to shit on the Witcher since it became popular but at least you could think of a better example than Ubisoft games you fucking retard

Jesus its like this board somehow got even more retards overnight if that was even possible. This thread is full of you dipshits

Same reason why people gets hyped for a new scorsese movie .People have faith in cdpr

I'm the OP and I loved TW3
I just hope they don't fuck this up

Nice grammar mistakes you got there.
Kinda ironic you calling others retartds

Ubisoft make games where the simple act of running around or going on horseback isn't a cumbersome clunky experience. It's very smooth in fact and you can also climb anything as a bonus

Also no Ubisoft game has ever been released that was as clunky as Witcher 3 was on release. No Ubisoft game has also had the insane load times of Witcher 3

>Reputation

You mean the reputation of showing completely fake trailers than lying about how the game will look "even better"

youtube.com/watch?v=kbXvl7-XlaY

>Also no Ubisoft game has ever been released that was as clunky as Witcher 3 was on release

>tfw you realize you're talking to an actual retarded person

>thebull cuck

The Witcher 3 with minor shading changes looks almost identical to the gameplay trailers
youtube.com/watch?v=aN2jxG5_ydY

>what is ac unity
>what is the division
>what is watch dogs
I could go on bit really user,REALLY?
UBOSOFT FUCKING, UBISOFT.
FUCK YOU MOTHERFUCKONG SHILL FUCK YOU AND YOUR (YOU ) BAIT REPLIES.

Jesus christ I thought shitposters were supposed to be asleep right now.

>some modder made a reshade, that makes it ok for le based pole devs to show fake footage, present it as authentic then lie that the game will look even better

t.pole

*ubisoft,fucking ubisoft

See

I want Cred Forums posters out of my board.

That doesn't change the fact it's a shit name.

>le fake footage
Game literally looks the same
They made the lighting brighter and changed the Ambient Occlusion and that's pretty much it

how delusional can cdpr drones get

Do you have played Borderlands?

Then you know multiplayer can be great.

Want to play online? Then make your game public or search after public matches. Want to be a solo badass? Then use the offline mode.

Only pirates get cucked. Are you a pirate scum? Then enjoy your butt hurt, because 90 % of the game is off limit.

Cdpr was originally going to use a certain lighting system shown off in the 1st trailers but then they wanted to expand the scope of the game so it forced them to use a less intensive lighting system

t. anthony burch

Borderlands was aloof based game it worked with coop
I can't understand how a deep RPG can have seemless multiplayer
Maybe they'll pull off a divinity os but that was an isometric RPG.

Don't see how camera angles really matter.
Drop-in drop-out coop, invasions alla WatchDogs, lounges for players to meet, that sort of stuff is entirely possible and does not mean in the slightest the game is going to turn into a coop shooter.
CDPR have been absolutely fanscinated with the way Dark Souls handled it's multiplayer, they had admited that long ago, back early into development of The Witcher 3, even experimented with it's implementation and hired several people to help them prototype, but eventually decided that their tech is not there yet and it would just delay the already taxing and tense development. Seems that they are just picking up where they left it during TW3's production. Also, the game is still in prototyping stage, the fact that they are hiring people who do this kind of stuff does not mean it will actually make it into the final game. It's WAAAY to early to take any actual news of the development too seriously.

Not just camera angles
Isometric RPG means less voice acting which means a monumental amount of dialogue which meant easier integration of multiplayer elements ,also developmentally less taxing as people have less expectation in the graphics department and so on

It would be more successful in my books if it doesn't feature bullet-sponge enemies like whatsitcalledagain

Which is a problem that can be entirely dodged by NOT VOICING THE MAIN PROTAGONIST. Actually, scratch that: isometric perspective has NOTHING to do with the actual amount of dialogue in an RPG. The fact that isometric RPG's feature less voiced dialogues is purely coincidental, because those games are played by a more niche hardcore audience that does not have as high demand on voicing dialogues, but there is no causal connection, just a historical coincidence. Gothic and Mass Effect were third person and had all their lines voice, Morrowind was first person but had nearly no voiced dialogues - these things are not working the way you think they are working.

Same goes for development taxation: that is a matter of simple investment, nothing else. Sure, isometric RPG's are cheaper to make than first or third person one. Your point here being... what? How does that play into multiplayer?

>oesn't feature bullet-sponge enemies like whatsitcalledagain
Well, it is WAAAAY too soon to make any actual grounded speculations, but the original CP77 system features something called, if I'm not mistaken, "saturday night combat" model, which is extremely highly lethal, and the devs let themselves be heard they wish to maintain that model, partially to encourage players to view combat as only one of many options, rather than the default one this time around.
But again, that was three fucking years ago and I can't even find the post, so feel free to not take it too seriously.

Since we kinda always knew it'd have multiplayer I wonder what are these "eww mp is icky, wont buy" posters come from. Clearly they're not fans of cdpr since they're so clueless about the game.

Wow thanks for demonstrating exactly what I said retard

The shine on his armor is more exaggerated and his hair looks 10 times worse than the finished game and the camera is more zoomed in and the DOF is out of control
Even with the youtube artifacting the game looks about the same

>may feature
>basically is going to be

You see the leap there, don't you?

Borderlands having multiplayer meant that the single player sucked though because it was build as a multiplayer experience.

Seamless multiplayer like div is means more combinations of choices,play styles,dialogues ,plot progression which all amounts to more money needed for development.Money they don't have, so they make a half assed effort which affects both the single player and multiplayer aspect

Do you really think a AAA title in this day and age will be accepted without a voiced protag

*div os

isn't this vaporware by now?

Try not to be that retarded irl, it'd hurt other peoples perception of you.

>seamless multiplayer
moar liek shameless amirite

Can we please ip ban all of poland

shoehorned multiplayer sounds more like an excuse to push galaxy. i wouldn't be surprised at all if this requires galaxy when it comes out, the gog forums keep begging cdpr to turn into another shitty steam clone despite it starting out as a simple way to download games and keep them updated.

If CDPR do it, they'll try their darndest to do it right

PERSONAL
RESPONSIBILITY

We need to IP ban Australia, so shitposters like you can't sperg out.

How about we shadow ban these people? They can still post, see their posts etc but no one else can. This way they can shitpost all day long and feel good about themselves but are not polluting the board any further. I always wondered why a solution like this isn't used more often.

Eternal Darkness, Deus Ex.

u
u
u
u
uh

What is this retard posting? They said they would make the multiplayer seamless in experience, much inspired by the way GTA 5 did it. Which i think is the optimal way to go about multiplayer....

Because thats psychopathic behaviour, you fucking loon.

cyber punk division lame

I'm pretty sure CDPR owns the majority of the shares themselves and doesn't want to sell.