What rhythm vidya does Cred Forums play?

What rhythm vidya does Cred Forums play?

Other urls found in this thread:

gamo2.com/en/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=244
youtube.com/watch?v=fEZ984Zs5t4
fizzd.itch.io/rhythm-doctor
youtube.com/watch?v=Eb7FKqjR-6M
youtube.com/watch?v=kmlD5PzUnZI
beatmania.co.nz/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

DDR
DJ Hero
IIDX
Osu

Bought hatsune miku project diva x only a few days ago. That sort of story is complete nonsense but most songs are really catchy and it's fun to play.

Stepmania
modifiers only

>finally start PDX the other day
>it's fine
Yeah, well, fuck you too, Cred Forums.

I play low-stress guitar.

Project DIVA mostly nowadays.

Never did try DJ Hero. How challenging can it get?

Play Future Tone.

DJ Max Trilogy
DJ Max Technica Q when I can tolerate that long ass boot up.
Cytus

Waiting on the new DJ Max for PS4

Tried that Miku game but did not like. Kept the little pouch that came with it though.

>Play Future Tone.
Eventually. I don't have the money for a Miku Machine at the moment.

Rhythm heaven
Gitaroo man
Ouendan/EBA

Why play stepmania on PC? Surely you're better off with a IIXD emulator. DDR on pc is just IIDX with only 4 keys

Rhythm Heaven + Fever
Osu (specifically Taiko with Taiko no tatsujin skin and mascot)

I'll probably try it out then, thanks for the suggestion. However I still like hatsune miku but they should get rid of the story tho.

Only thing I play seriously is Taiko, it's the only rhythm game I know of that manages to be both fun and challenging at the same time.

At its hardest it's a 9 on the IIDX scale, but only a handful of songs get there. The free styling is really satisfying though, more than Rock Band for sure.

You can't play pop songs in an IIDX sim, the community really looks down upon anything not properly key sounded.

Taiko DS games, Elite Beat Agents and Rockin' Pretty.

I've played a few more, but they're the only ones I care for.

Jubeat.

Does this count?

Just started getting into Reflec Beat on IOS. Having a blast

Osu
T-Aiko

Purchased PSP when first Diva game was released.
Same with Vita and PS4 (Future Tone). So, mostly Project Diva.

I also got Japanese Wii U just to play Taiko games.

>Play seriously
Do you have an arcade machine? I stopped playing the PSP versions once I realized how much I was missing out on by not banging on a drum.

Any improvements between the two DJ Heros I should be aware of? Or does it just depend on my music tastes for which one I get?

Sell me on this.

What do you recommend then?

>Waiting on the new DJ Max for PS4
Back the fuck up, is it an actual DJMAX game or a spiritual successor? I need my fix, man, Superbeat Xonic was alright but the upper ceiling of difficulty wasn't very high

Mostly Migu though I've given others a fair shot.

DJ Hero 2 has the improved free styling, but more recent (for the time) songs
The first game has a better (imo) soundtrack with a good mix of old stuff and 00s stuff

2 has long notes and slightly more complex scratching mechanics, plus the expanded free styling system.

mah nigga
>mfw still no song harder than Dopamine

eh, I'd say its more roguelite than rhythm game.

Actually, good point.

Is there a decent english community for IIDX on PC? I know there's the nearly pure Japanese/Korean Lunatic Rave and a small amount in Osu.

Elite Beat Agents / Ouendan
Project Mirai
Taiko DS games
Drakengard

I'm shit at them though. I'd like to try Project Diva but I don't think I could deal with not being able to use a stylus.

>Sell me on this.
Rockin' Pretty? It's not the greatest out there, but it's fun.
>Simple, but enjoyable story.
>Characters are likeable.
>Get to dress them up and get different instrument designs.
>Music is solid, though I can't find any good quality versions online..
>You can choose a different character each song.
>Choosing a different character lets you play that song with 4 different instruments(Actually changes the gameplay).
>Because It's a DS game it's really easy to download and emulate to try before you buy.

There's the extremely cancerous secret club, or you could pray you live near an arcade with IIDX.

all the elitists hang out at /jp/ too

Just got my SVSE5 in the other day. Been playing a lot of K-Shoot.

Other than that I play a lot of stepmania too, both 4k and 6k.

There's a lot of reasons why. The community for Stepmania is probably the biggest English rhythm game community out there. Maybe second, but only to Osu. And while it does have less buttons, it still reaches insane difficulty with crazy dense charts and features a ton of different modifiers to increase the difficulty of the game if you want. It's also pretty damn customizable.
Also the big IIDX sim, Lunatic Rave, is Japanese with a ton of really obnoxious setup required.

Completely forgot about IA.
It is great, on level of Diva games and probably even better in some aspects.
>by not banging on a drum
Not that guy, but I own two console Taiko controllers, and they really suck compared to real arcade drum. You need to mod them (add resin pads to rim sensors, fill it with paper so it doesn't sound like empty plastic bucket, get different drumming sticks, glue it to surface so it doesn't slide around). But it is still worse.
There is also "elite" Taiko drum, I believe it is made by Hori. Unfortunately I have no experience with it.

>no new songs (so far)
>launches with all the songs from Portable 1/2

While that IS a lot of song content, I feel like they're gonna shorten them from the originals, like they did Whiteblue for the Technika games
That slow part was what made the song, man

>like they did Whiteblue for the Technika games
Wasn't that shortened version originally from Portable 3?
That game had negative amounts of songs because UMDs have such a small amount of space and that game had pretty high quality videos for the songs. Probably why they shortened Whiteblue.

Hey at least you get to play the actual game

Gonna pull the trigger on the second one, thanks for the info.

But how does it play? Even the likes of Gitaroo Man and Rhythm Thief had enjoyable gameplay to go along with the story.

That's actually what made me get depressed and stop. I played on the arcade machine and it was amazing. Buttons don't do the game justice.

I forget which came first but yeah
Portable 3 could have been great but that exp glitch really hampered unlock progress, which is the bulk of the game. I really liked the remixes

all of 3rd Coast's songs sound the same but I'll be fucked if I don't love them.

Only the best

Portable 3 was a pretty big clusterfuck in general. Grindy as fuck even post patch, exp glitch killing unlocks until the patch that came out too late, only 40 songs, not enough variety in almost anything (noteskins, gears, songs, everything. all of it is so samey.) Shit was way too easy until the 6.2WS charts that take about 8 years to unlock.
I liked the remix modes in theory, but the controls were so bad. I have no idea why they thought using the PSP's awful analog for ANYTHING was a good idea. They should have just used L/R to switch lanes. Would've been a decent alternative to the missing 8B.

Thankfully it seems like they learned from most of their mistakes with Superbeat Xonic. Though that game is still too far on the easy side with a really low difficulty ceiling.

3rd Coast is my favorite group that does music for the DJ Max games. I was really disappointed that Superbeat only had one song and it wasn't even that good.

Please recommend me controller for IIDX.

osu!

Is it a futile effort to try and make some osu beatmaps similar to EBA/ OTO'S difficulty?
I kinda want to make some fan stages like that one Phoenix Wright one from a few years back.
Like maybe 3-5
I feel like everyone who plays osu just jerk off to difficulty and doesn't appreciate what made the games so memorable.

Have any of you tried any of the Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove games?

Yeah, the community ruined that game. I remember when it was under a year old it was full of fun maps.

>how does it play?
Like any other Rhythm game? I'm not particularly knowledgeable about the genre, but you select a song and then tap/strum to the notes in the song.

It's got the timing down too, like there's no notes randomly placed and if you choose guitar it's only the Guitar parts that you play.

I'm not gonna praise it like the second coming, but it's a very solid game.

whats up kura-wont finish but you should really censor the country too

oh yeah I forgot you can just check the rank. Silly me

gamo2.com/en/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=244

Shipping on DAO controllers are expensive as fuck and you might want to opt for Sanwa buttons or at least Omron switches but it'll be a damn good controller.

That's a shame, there's a ton of modern songs I want to chart and draw comic scenarios for that would be perfect fits for EBA

Has anyone tried Klang? Is it any good?
From the few videos I found it looks nice, but I haven't bought it yet because the dev itself said it has 2-3 hours of gameplay.

You could go for it but pretty much only beginners are going to play your files.

The thing about all rhythm sims is that they're more or less made for enthusiasts. People who've spent tons of time playing these games and want to keep getting better and better. Once you get higher in skill level playing easy charts just isn't really fun anymore so they don't play them.

This applies to every rhythm game sim. Not just Osu.

What's the one game you wish you were pro at?

Definitely DrumMania for me. It's entertaining to watch people play and I feel like it's the only rhythm game that requires actual knowledge of the instrument it's emulating, aside from Rocksmith I guess.

youtube.com/watch?v=fEZ984Zs5t4

Playing on a HD Taiko arcade cabinet is one of my biggest dreams, but no, the closest thing I got is my trusty old modded tatacon. Sure, it's was a hassle to pull it apart and get everything right, but unlike that other guy I don't have much issues with mine (no dropped inputs or anything) other than the fact that it gets pretty loud. If there will be an NX Taiko I hope they come to their senses and make a more arcade-like tatacon.

Still enjoy the handheld games though, sure it's a different game but what makes Taiko so fun is the enormous variety in music (especially Namco Originals) and how no notechart feels the same as another because.

Project Diva & Mirai
Taiko

IM@S
RGG5

Any games that you can play with a normal arcade stick?

top rank is pretty impressive user
ill add you we should play a lobby im trynna learn 5* and ar 10
im a 70k scrub though and only got here cuz i thought farming was a good idea

I only have Amplitude. It's pretty good and has lots of memorable original songs. I was a big fan of Frequency/Amplitude back on the PS2 so was desperate to pick it up. Didn't disappoint.

sure thing. Just pop a message on me when Im online and I'll add you back

nothing wrong with being a 70k rank and already doing 5 star maps.

I guess if I really want to do these, I could just do the comic portions and not bother charting them out
Alternatively, make the charts but dont release them, just upload the video to Youtube or some shit with the scenario and whatnot

*because of all the gimmicks they manage to cram into charts despite the game consisting of what is essentially only two different inputs.

>Any games that you can play with a normal arcade stick?
Do you mean like a fightstick?
You can play pretty much any normal button based rhythm game with that if you really wanted but for the most part it'd be pretty inefficient. Just play on keyboard.

Stepmania is probably the easiest keyboard rhythm game to get into. Has a very large English community (though it's fairly quiet these days, but most of the old forum posts, guides and charts are all still available easily.) Plenty of song packs to ease you into the game, too. Main game mode is 4-key. There's a 6k mode and an 8k mode too. 6k has a decent amount of songs made but as far as easier stuff to ease you in there isn't a lot. It can be kinda frustrating. I'm sure 8k is even worse.

Lunatic Rave 2 is an option as well but that's an 8-button game, it's in Japanese, requires several external programs just to fucking work and is basically a huge mess. Worth it if you can get into it, but I wouldn't really recommend someone to start with that if you're just getting into traditional key-based rhythm games.

You can also play K-Shoot Mania (a sound voltex simulator) on keyboard but that's a pretty terrible experience.

Can someone recommend me a taiko drum for pc?

I would like to start playing but I dont even know how to make a good set to play...

The only one I play is "jack off to hatsune miku"

im pretty sure everyone in this thread does
myself included

all the rhythm games that uses the plastic guitars

>not rin

But I don't
I prefer Luka to Miku

I've always thought a fightstick could work well as a ghetto alternative for a IIDX controller. The buttons are staggered similarly and you can use the stick for the turntable.

>not len

>was in japan for holiday
>went into an arcade cuz why not
>see this nip playing the latest guitar freak that has 5 buttons
>he sets the speed to fastest
>but plays on piss easy 3 button difficulty just so he could look pro

there was another nip on drum mania but he was legit pro

It could work but it's pretty uncomfortable because they aren't really staggered much at all. You might as well just play on keyboard.

The real question

1P or 2P?

Anyone

1P, can play for shit with my left hand

do you mean an actual taiko drum like the taiko no tatsujin arcade machine? but for pc? if so maybe youre better off asking /diy/

Why would you want a Taiko controller specifically for PC? Osu sucks, just import a stock Wiimote tatacon, mod it to make it into a not-piece-of-shit and play the Wii and Wii U games.

Project diva f2nd/x, got the demo for future tone, will get it down the road. Also Also Miracle girls Festiva which might as well count as a miku game since it basically plays the same. Used to play the fuck out of The Rhythm of Fighters on my phone.

Rocksmith
I'm shit though

>not both

Can't you play Taikojiro?
I've never been able to set up that fucking thing, let alone find simfiles.

>DJ Hero will never have a doubles mode with two turntables and one crossfader.

Rocksmith Bass
Project Diva
Love Live
Necrodancer

When will we get a good Sound Voltex for port. I wanna try it so badly

>Bass
How does it feel playing bitch?

Miku psp/3ds/ps vita
Taiko V
k-on PSP
Miracle girls

I started playing rhythm games in mid 2015.

I was thinking about playing the wii/wii u taiko games (both my consoles are hacked)

You mean like a sim for PC? K-Shoot is actually very solid. It has some minor issues but in general plays pretty great. Complete conversion packs for the first two SDVX arcade releases have been made for it, too.

The problem with KSM is that you basically need a controller for it, which can be pricey. Playing that game on keyboard is not a fun experience at all.

Taiko a fun!
It's absolutely awful on keyboard though.

I got into rhythm games through osu, now I almost only play lr2, though I'd like to play pop'n and sdvx too

This guy is slowly making a nice rhythm game. Not a lot there and a bit easy at the moment though.

fizzd.itch.io/rhythm-doctor

Rockband
GH
DJ Hero
Rocksmith
Osu
Rhythm Heaven
Just got P4DAN, and I've been sitting on a bunch of Mika games on the 3ds

A certain type of controller or just "fuck it dude, map a ps3 controller to it"?

I'm a bass player so it feels fine.

An arcade-style controller like this. SDVX's gameplay revolves kinda heavily on this specific layout and while you can definitely emulate it to a degree on keyboard it really doesn't feel great.

none

This one, but I bet you fags dont play games at all.

Why does Round 1 only have Taiko 14 at their US locations?

soon

it's a shame you can't put audio in here

songs for beta levels are fantastic

The biggest issue are the knobs, one workaround on keyboard is to map each knob to 3 keys but it plays like shit.
I've also seen some DIY setups where they've mapped 2 mice on either side of the keyboard to function as knobs.
Wouldn't recommend without a proper controller, and even then the difficulty ceiling isn't all that high so you might want to just jump straight onto one of the harder games.

I WOULD NEVER EVER RUN AWAY
I'LL BE HERE TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY

Oueden/EBA
Rhythm Heaven
I tried OSU for a bit, but I can't stand the user made beatmaps with Mouse and keyboard.

I dont even know how can people play on keyboards

Mah waifu

my dream is to buy a Taiko machine and just have it in my house

This is why I wish arcade's would boom back in burgerland. I'd wasted my time after work in them playing rythym games

>and even then the difficulty ceiling isn't all that high so you might want to just jump straight onto one of the harder games.
youtube.com/watch?v=Eb7FKqjR-6M

Just how much do they run these days?

Also can you update them?

5-6000$++

>it's fine
And that's all it is.

Just fine.

LEL

T-Totally easy.... G-Git gud, scrub

Stills hurts that they fucked up so bad with the ps2 game

How in the flying fuck do I get into SoundVoltex or IIDX and what's the skill floor for that crazy shit

It's a stretch but I'm not getting help anywhere else, does anyone know how to point GLAssist to your lr2 install directory?
It just refuses to discover it even when it's been installed to the same folder. There's no directory query on first startup either and I've tried with several versions.
Going through my manual alphabetical song folders is a real hassle.

For starters, stop watching videos of people playing high level charts and expecting all of the charts to be the same.

All these games have low level charts for beginners. Rhythm games are all about PRACTICE. Keep playing and you'll improve.

SDVX has a simulator called K-Shoot Mania. I don't recommend playing on keyboard so unless you have an arcade-style controller don't bother.
IIDX has a simulator called Lunatic Rave 2. It's perfectly playable on keyboard but requires a lot of fucking around and a couple external programs to run properly.

Easiest way to get into it is probably through osu, though it's also the worst rhythm game.
Lunatic Rave 2 is a bms emulator, it is japanese and has obnoxious set-up you need to get through but after that it's probably one of the best ones if you want to get good.
Stepmania and O2jam deserve honourable mentions.

Everyone starts out bad, but the skill ceiling is almost endless.
youtube.com/watch?v=kmlD5PzUnZI

UP DOWN UP DOWN SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT

>tfw full combo oni

wait, is there a ps2 one?

PDƒ and Mirai.
Not too familiar with other rhythm games, how does ƒ compare to to other games in terms of difficulty?

I recently stopped playing Idolmaster Must songs

If you do not have a metal dance pad, you are a casual.

If you do not play Stepmania with all the official Konami-DDR step files, you are a casual.

If you installed Stepmania with nothing but custom songs and a fucking soft-pad or foam-pad you are a fucking normie casual.

DDR is still exercise fucking suck my dick you fat normies.

>i wish i could exercise but i don't wanna leave the house

BUY. A METAL. DANCE. PAD. FAT FUCK. DOWNLOAD THE KONAMI-DDR PACKS. STOP WASTING YOUR LIFE BEING HUGE.

but there aren't any good metal pads you retard

There are some that are okay, but you're right, that's why I got off my FAT LAZY ASS and built my own.

It's not that hard, you people are wasting your fucking lives being fat and not being able to run for more than 2 seconds, while you fucks are stuffing your faces, I am training, while you people are getting slower and your body aches more and more with each day, I am training.

Get your life in order. Get a metal dance pad.

But user...

I have two

I had that one in the back before I built my own. It's an okay pad 7/10.

>reading through the lyrics of PDX's songs
Some of these things are really lewd. There are at least two songs about Len fucking a chick, and Amazing Dolce is undeniably about MEIKO leading Len and Rin to her house to fuck them.

Hey. FUCK Beatmania. I've got this shitty controller for years but you need asian genes to get good at these games.

Good music though.

IIDX only, always, and forever.

Come visit /jp/ if you want to get Lunatic Rave 2 set up. There are pastebins to cover common questions. Answers to more specific issues might not come quickly but help is usually provided consistently.

Also, I came across this place recently - beatmania.co.nz/ -, so maybe there's a way for people to build a BMS library and discuss it without needing The Club.

I started playing SUPERBEAT XONiC last week and it's kicking my ass, but I think I'm getting better. I absolutely cannot wrap my brain around 6 trax + FX mode though. Something about adding the L and R buttons just fucks my shit up.

I'm white as wonderbread and here's where I'm at. Consistent practice is all you need.

>those are all just 11.5s and they're not AAAs so you're not good
OK.

I bought this last week on that sale too, and it's pretty fun. I like how it sorta eases you into it by starting with 4 trax, then each track having its own difficulty rating, and then you can start to git gud by going to 6 trax and then 6 trax + FX. I just kinda wish it had some more 'mainstream' tracks, but it has a really varied selection, so it's alright.

I don't even know, It's just such an investment. Like, I've got a Konami controller, I've got a Sows account but actually getting good at the game is so fucking hard.

I hear ya, I play DDR & Pump It Up, I found a Pump it Up cabinet for $900 that I've been thinking of getting but I don't know If it will even be worth it since I only want the pads, since that $900 machine would need to be completely reconditioned not to mention that is running an MK3, building a metal 500lbs pad replica would actually be cheaper and I already know how to I just don't have the time. if i come cross one for $500 I will get it without a second thought.

Those are incredible cheap and easy to make, a 15 years old could make them.
Just some MDF, galvanized steel sheets and whatever you want to use as sensors, you could even make them from hardwood, use official sensors and panels.

what if i'm 14

Enjoy your ban.

I just got my Miku Vita, so I'm playing through Diva f right now.
I recently just unlocked every song, so I'm working on beating them all on hard.
It's quite a bit harder than Mirai.

I see a lot of people here play IIDX, I used to play some shitty emulated version of DJ Troopers I think. I could never get the sync rate right so it was all fucked up on my computer.
I did enjoy it though, I may look into it again eventually

What keeps me playing IIDX and progressively ignoring everything else is that everything else feels like it has too much bullshit in it, either through bad stories, bad mechanic aspects, bad time wasting tedium to wait for things to happen, and so on.

With IIDX you can just dive right in and get as much of an ass kicking as you can ask for.

Given a wide enough song roster to play with and being willing to not grind out the same few songs, you will basically always have a new score improvement every time you play. It may be a fractional improvement, but that's more than nothing, and given how IIDX plays, you can directly attribute that improvement to the increase in your skill as opposed to luck or chance.

It is a substantial investment, yes. In terms of video games, though, I struggle to think of one which gives a more direct and satisfying yield.

>Miku
>fang
KISAMA

All of them.

I have the same one as the one in the back. Can't play because of paper thin walls and floor though.

Does this really teach you guitar?

Could I play it with an acoustic guitar with amp output? I don't like electric guitars.

Rhythm Heaven, Osu!, Audiosurf, Beat Hazard, Love Live SIF