twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>walk up to door
>"Who the fuck is gaxkang?"

what do you do

>walk up to door
>get a fireball up my face

>be the strongest mage in the world
>don't have a spell to open locks
This triggers the fantasyfag in me. Even little kids in Harry Potter can unlock stuff.

>get inferno
>beat the game with no micro or effort

did you burn your friends alive as well?

Kill him on the first try, since he's piss-easy.

Every party should have one rogue with Devices maxed out no matter what. I WILL NOT add Zevran to the party until I've outleveled him enough to give him enough talent points to get at least a few levels of the ability. It's not just about locks, either. Those traps in the ruins in Brecilian can ruin your day.

>he doesn't drop it

what do you do

Reload and kill him in the correct phase. It's not a random drop.

Its a shame the sequels to this were so terrible, it had an interesting world and lore. Much better than generic shit like the Glitcher 3

shit, really?
good to know

It's because you were a faggot and never learned the finesse required for it.

but then Leliana would be even more useless user

or you could get the mod that breaks down doors and chests.

Leliana was actually really good for waifu.

and be a complete fucking faggot good going user.

>become arcane warrior/bloodmage with relevant equipment
>massacre everything with little to no effort on any difficulty

>she doesn't drop it
>after 100 tries
What do you do

Yes everybody knows that they're a lethal combo.
>being a blood mage faggot tho

>Became Arcane warrior
>Oh shit an arcane warrior only sword cool it must be dank
>It's fucking useless because you have to go through the slow ass animation of putting away the sword to cast any spells. Unsheathing it again is just as slow.

Fuck you, Bioware. I wanted my medieval fantasy lightsaber.

Nig there a good number of spells you can cast with your weapon out. If you could cast Cone of Cold, Fireball, and Horror without a delay Arcane Warrior would be even more broken. Only spell I remember wishing you could cast without stashing your sword is Drain Life.

>dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Arcane_Warrior_spellcasting

If you don't feel like reading it and planning your character, just get:

1)Arcane Shield
2)All Arcane Warrior spells
3)All Blood Mage spells
4)Rock Armor
5)Heal
6)All Glyph spells
7)Mana Clash
8)Virulent Walking Bomb
9)Force Field (used on teammates only)/Telekinetic Weapons/Crushing Prison (for shattering frozen enemies)
10)Miasma

Only use these spells. This is the best Arcane Warrior build. My autism has spent a lot of time on this. You are welcome.

>It's fucking useless
>Arcane Warrior
>Useless
You have triggered me.
How dare you.

>friends

I fucking love Storm of the Century

>Unlock Arcane Warrior
>Game cuts to credits

Cut Content. Or was it the shield bash one.. I dunno, pretty sure every class was supposed to have a means of unlocking things. Shit got cut because constraints.

I can never find a chance to use it. The thing is like the size of all of Lothering. It always fucks up my teammates.

>rogues are useless outside of being a walking key
Why do games do this?

>What do you do
Install Mod that allows you to add items via console command.
Along with mod that allows you to teabag corpses.

WHAT?Where did you hear that?

Pretty much. Its so completely useless unless you care fuck all about tactics or are a solo party but its just such a cool animation.

>playing Xcom
>move to full cover
>move to full cover again near a door
>open door
>1 turn

Just put that stasis thing on Alistair and go to town.

forgot to say

>opening the door exposes entire room

Forums, I think. As well as Nexus. Wiki, not so much. Someone did a number on the Cut Content page. A lot of the cut shit is no longer there on the page. Like the one with Nathaniel, the Disciples, the Architect's shit etc.

>wizards should be able to do everything
Go jump off a bridge.

cause only roodypoo candy asses choose rogues

>mfw got this game and ALL of the dlc
>on ps3
>havent touched it
>just got a decent gaming pc
>will never play it
Idk how i feel anymore

>play dragon age origons
>walk up to door and spam shit
>expect anything but memes

>play dragon age origins
>reaver feels like more of a berserker than berserker does

You and me both, desu

You just have to know when to use it, but for a party that can stay at range or in certain set situations it's fantastic. Casting it at Caladrius, for example; and it's capable of winning the Battle for the Alienage single-handedly, especially if you Mana Clash the darkspawn general.

DAO doesn't. Rogues aren't much worse combatants than warriors, can wear all armor and use all weapons, will have better defense, are almost as good at aggro control, and have a lot more utility. The only reason you'd make a warrior in DAO is because it's still best if your main tank had a shield or a two-hander and templar+champion specs. The rest, it just doesn't matter.

Good point

DOA has awesome rogues, at the end of the game I was mainly playing as Zevran because setting up the whole insta crit backstab to the enemy mage (who is dangerous as fuck if not dealt with) was so much more fun than playing my own main character. Maybe it's also because of how the critical hits are displayed in this game.. together with the brutal stab animation when attacking from behind they manage to let you feel the power behind those assasination attempts. God rogue/assassin is my favourite class nowadays in DOA

i recently finished the game again as a backstabbing dwarf noble with two daggers.

it was fun as hell. it got so crazy, it could pull out crits like a madman without stabing people in the back. what i didint like was the game lack any good daggers in the late game. i ended up getting the star sword in awakening at the end.

>was the game lack any good daggers in the late game
the rose thorn is great user
>it could pull out crits like a madman without stabing people in the back
duelist + skills like flurry were great because of that you could get an insane amount of crits in a tiny period of time

Anybody here play this game on Nightmare?
Anybody else know the horror that is Jarvia and her crew on that mode?

I swear, it must have took me like 3 hours and many retries to kill that stupid dwarf slut.

>the rose thorn is great user

it was. used that and ducans dagger but i wish thier were better ones out there. especially in awakening.

>AoE spells cast by my character deal damage to other party members

I always turn that off. I love the fireball + oil combo so much to restrain myself to use it.

god, i love doing that shit

lol i have a bow

I'm doing a no-mage run right now. I haven't had much trouble with anything on my previous playthrough. Build your characters for their roles, scout and pull, gank the mages first, if things are going badly run away and regroup. Nothing in the game should take three hours to kill.

I don't get the butcher meme. I splattered him with my warrior the moment I run into him. I splattered every single boss in the game. Compared to the fucking ranged blobs they are nothing.

Crits and backstabs don't stack, just so you know.

I had the best gear available in the game and was near enough maxed out.
Jarvia's fight is closed off in a room with everything in there already aggro'd on you.

Shit was insanely difficult due to her being able to 1 shot almost any character besides my tank., which she could 2 shot.

youtube.com/watch?v=HWajqBJ-82M

>game turns out to be surprisingly good
>took me 100 hours to beat it and do all the quests
>despite reading descriptions, must have built my entire team wrong
>my rogue would always aggro everyone despite having equipment and skills for that
>he also would miss most attacks
>tank would get aggro then immediately die

I basically managed to win because Cone of Cold and the final boss bugged out or something and we all just shot arrows at it.

I really want to play it again.

The random encounters were probably the hardest

>travelling from one zone to the next
>suddenly ambushed on a big open field
>enemy mages spam the swarm spell
>can't heal
>take periodic damage
>die before I get into melee range

That spell is so broken it's not even funny.

Did you install a difficulty mod or something?

I finally started Inquisition.

It's better than 2, but it's a okay-ish action game. Still a massive downgrade from Origins.

>ambushed in denerim
>enemy has like 8 archer spamming the stun ability and a bunch of soldier to protect them

Not that I know of. Then again, it was many many years ago that I did that playthrough.

It was definitely the hardest fight in the game for me though, I don't even recall having any difficulty with anything else. Even the optional dragons were real easy.

>I splattered him with my warrior the moment I run into him.
How?

I don't know, then. Being shanked by a red boss hurts but it shouldn't deal 200+ damage.

>offtank has 130 defense, 36 armor and indomitable
>solo the fight
The game is a case study on retarded mechanics.

I don't know. I guess I was overgeared or overleveled or something. I went in there expecting a Duriel moment and got the Summoner instead.

Does the Steam version of Origins include all the DLCs?

Buying EA games on Steam nowadays is such a dice-roll since they love to force people into using Origin and their own store.

>Does the Steam version of Origins include all the DLCs?
Nope, the gog version does

Only if you get the ultimate edition.

Same no matter the storefront.