REMAKE WHEN FAGGOTS

REMAKE WHEN

REEEEEEEEEE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ixzo5rGLhBU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

HOW ABOUT THAT KS "SPIRITUAL SUCCESSOR"
YEAH THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT

You mean this? NightCry came out earlier this year, dude. It's pretty good.

youtube.com/watch?v=ixzo5rGLhBU

B-but Haunting Ground

after the Clock Tower 3 remake

Just play the one on the snes. That one is good

which one is that?

The PS1 game is actually a sequel to a game by the same name for the SNES. There's also a PC version. Both versions have English translations I believe.

>tfw I bought a ps2 and modded it just to play Haunting Ground
>It was well worth it
Best 30$ i've spent in my life

That literally looks worse than most PS2 games.

LET'S PLAY....HELEN

Mmm alyssa's pantsu in hd

Holy shit this looks awful.

>cuck tower
Is it any good?

giant scissors is such a stupid weapon for a horror monster

just mechanically, you wouldn't have enough leverage to cut very well. It would be more effective to just have a similarly sized machete. Putting it as scissors makes it LESS effective

the problem with scissors that large is that most of the time, the distance from the fulcrum to the point of contact with the scissor blades will be longer than the distance from the fulcrum to your hands by probably a foot or more, and that's going to heavily damage your leverage. Not to mention, you're going to be spreading the cut over double the surface area, which effectively halves the strength. And finally, you can't swing to build strength with momentum

overall 1/10 weapon, still gets 1 point because you can at least cut somebody still

(USER TRIED TOO HARD IN THIS POST)

Wait a sec. I never noticed before, but are those speed lines to the left of scissor man? Or is that the ocean?

It's the ocean, the house is on a cliff

nani?!
h-he's fast!

>Capcom unlikely to revive Clock Tower
>Konami unlikely to revive Silent Hill
>From Software unlikely to revive Echo Night
>Tecmo unlikely to bring Fatal Frame to multiplats

Why live?

i think its more for looks !

it's been so long now that even if they DID revive the series, it wouldn't have any of the same people producing it. It would just be a name cash-in.

Why is it that people understand the concept of the director mattering in film, but they can't seem to understand that just making "Game 2" without any of the same production staff, it's not going to be as good?

I don't know about you plebs, but I don't feel threatened by somebody using a mechanically inefficient weapon. He might as well be wielding a hotdog

You should feel threatened by somebody effectively using a creepy mechanically inefficient weapon.
Anyway, stop being such a fag.

No, NightCry isn't good.

It's very short, very easy and the "branching" storyline tree is a trick, there's only one path in the game and the different branches just mean the game is set to arbitrarily stop suddenly at different points. And I really mean just arbitrarily stop suddenly.

The game did a very poor job of showing the link between action, or inaction, and consequence. As an example, in the first chapter you are required to try to use one particular vending machine despite the fact the character says they have no interest in the vending machines if you look at any of the others. Using the vending machines gives you a severed hand, for some reason, which has a wedding ring on it. You hold onto this until the half way point when you give it to a different character for no real particular reason. They then hold onto it until the end of the game to give to the wife, not that she knows it's the wife, of the owner of the wedding ring, in return she gives you a billiard ball, which she picked up for no reason and thinks is important for no reason. The ball is actually part of an answer to a ludicrously contrived puzzle, you don't physically need the ball, you just need to know the number on it. If you fail any one of these steps you don't fail to solve the puzzle and get stuck, instead the game is fixed for you to die at a certain point. If you do all the steps then that unavoidable scripted death just isn't in the game.

Shit story, shit puzzles, shit controls, shit design, shit game.

Ocean. Scissor man is pretty slow

I never knew that Clock Tower takes place in Norway just 2 hours from where i live.

speed lines

I would not want to risk getting cuts from that midget fella.

Sounds bad

Shit like that is why I think most people, including myself, outright ignore the point&click genre wholesale. I don't want to risk getting stuck or getting some unknown fail state. Whether it's not knowing the solution of a required puzzle that you unknowingly rendered impossible to complete, trying for hours to answer its riddle, or getting an arbitrary death that you have to solve by doing some other arbitrary thing.

The SNES one was better anyway.

CROCK TOWEL

Get the translated rom of Clock Tower on SNES and fire it up in an emulator. One of the best games ever.

The SNES version is one of the best games ever. No exaggeration.

The PS1 version is cool, too.

That's not very scary.

Is IB a somewhat similar game?

CLOCK TOWER

There actually was a fan remake of the SNES one being worked on years ago, let me try to find it

It was going to be called Remothered but then it changed to not a remake and then it turned into vaporware. The developer worked on NightCry which I guess is about the best we could have expected in the first place.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Clock Tower is actually scary, and would be pants-shittingly terrifying if done in the PT haunted house style.

Why did they molest the loli?

Underrated post.

Without the same writers and devs a sequel/reboot after 10+ years just wouldn't work.

She's clearly evil. Molesting her is a way to cleanse her evil away.

you can emulate it for free

>game is maybe an hour long if even that
>revolves completely around trial and error gameplay

Clocktower would be universally hated if it came out today

must be pretty spooky then

The SNES version is fucking god-tier

I recommend every user here play it as least once with an emulator or something.

but Th4ef was goo okay I can't even do this

Don't worry, I just finished it. Got the car escape ending without even dying once!

And it's not even worth doing that.

In much the same way nobody gave a shit about the FF franchise until Nintendo censored some fanservice nobody gave a shit about Haunting Ground until the "It's full of rape" meme happened.

It's not even full of rape and the gameplay is just a rehash of Clocktower 3 minus the boss battles but with the addition of a largely useless AI companion. It's shit.

This is all only true if the only people you ever talk to about video games is Cred Forums

What looks so bad about it?

I mean, it's no Uncharted 4 or something, but I think it looks alright.

It certainly doesn't look like a PS2 game by any measure.
Real talk, I see that shit all time; is it a meme?

Alright I decided to do just that since I respect Aeon Genesis' work on Cave Story, but I got a couple questions after getting killed by the munchkin with the shears.

1) Why the hell am I playing as Jennifer Connelly?
2) Do I not have full control over her? She seems to run off on her own, sort of, especially when the gremlin pops out.
3) Is the whole game this slow paced? I usually don't have the patience for games that bog themselves down like that, even if it has a cause.

Fuk yea.

Connelly posting has a legit refrence in clock tower threads.

It's called hyperbole, user.

But as for the "real talk", it's also on mobile so there were graphical compromises to maintain that compatibility. Yes, the PC version looks better because it has better textures, better lighting, etc. than the mobile version but it's still obviously being held back, especially in the polycount department.

Also, despite not looking too great, the game doesn't actually run that well and has framerate issues, graphical glitches and crashes often. On top of that there's a severe lack of QA, e.g. there are moments where subtitles are missing and then there are moments where entire lines of dialogue are missing, you are just watching someone's lips move but no sound comes out.

For a game that is supposedly made by industry veterans it actually comes across as extremely amateur, I've seen actual amateurs do much, much better.

Is emulation the only way i can play the very orginal 2D clock tower?

I want to play it for "reasons"

there's a PC version
I can upload it to mega if you're too dumb to use torrents

Is this Maria Watches Over Us?