Comfy Late Night Gears Thread

Let's talk some Gears and Gears 4.

What are you excited about? What are you looking forward to the most? What don't you like?

New gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=Rqz27n7B78s
youtube.com/watch?v=T8AV7ZRnFNg
youtube.com/watch?v=toSghwtbHzM

Feel free to join the Discord as well and talk up some Gears and play some Ultimate Edition.
discord.gg/BFnGH

looks pretty alright, I just want to play co-op with a buddy

Is it Windows 10 only on PC?

If so, fuck off.

Sadly so.

This, I got GoW ultimate edition on W10 and I was lucky enough to play a couple of hours before my W10 install went to shit. Audio just straight stopped working, downloads on the windows store not actually downloading even when it says it is and displays a download rate. CRC errors out the ass on the HDD containing the W10 system files. Not to mention GoW UE is pretty much dead because 0 advertisement. If they want my money for Gears 4 on PC, they need to make it W7/DX11 compatible.

Is there going to be an online community for versus on PC?

I'm happy I won't have to see Dom whine about his dead wife

Yea this was a problem, it has been fixed since then though. I wish they'd make it on Win 7 and DX11 compatible.

With all the cross-play and W10 downloads I have hopes it will be. I started a Cred Forums discord server just so we could all have a good time for xbox players and pc players.

>viral marketing that's THIS FUCKING OBVIOUS

Fuck off to Neogaf or some other shithole that'll eat your shit.

>trying to discuss a video game you are excited for is marketing

Somewhat excited, got to 100 in gears 2 and 400 in 3 online. There's something special about wallbouncing around the map with a gnasher. I played a shitload around launch period of 3 Marlboro_Zed just in case anyone can remember playing together

Wasn't too excited about gears 4 but ended up getting a free copy from the Amazon glitch so I'll probably play a bit at a mates house.

gettin hype for horde. thats about it.

anyone wanna get down day one?

join the discord senpai, i set up a horde lobby and text channel for everyone to get together and play

Will Gears 4 actually be any different though?

Theres Horde on UE?

oh, no it isn't. i meant i set up horde stuff for when gears 4 comes out. it's only 8 days away.

If I get it for Xbone, will I also get the W10 version for free? I'm probably going to play co-op with a friend of mine on Xbone, but I just got a 4K TV, and would like to see what it can do.

Im looking forward to it, playing gears 1 with the UE reminded me of how much the meta was garbage. Everything gets more use in gears 3 and thats what gears 4 is going for as well while not making the gnasher completely useless. I've been playing so much xbox one lately thanks to world at war being BC. 8 years later and that game still fucking kicks ass

Gotta get it digital and you will get both for the price of one

Yea, it has cross-buy so if you get it on W10 you have it for Xbox or if you buy i for Xbox you have it for W10.

Gears 4 def. has a meta where everything is useful.

I'm pretty hyped and can seeing it being super popular on the Xbone, but the PC version seems like it'll be DoA desu. It's nice that there's co-op and Horde crossplay though, just a bit of a shame there isn't any for the competitive MP. Does a m+k really have much of an advantage over a controller for a TPS cover shooter?

Its funny to see all the poor pc kids fret about as the games multiplayer will be dead on pc

I honestly didn't give a shit until I saw that Marcus is going to be more than just a cameo.

The fact they're making another one despite wrapping up ALL the plot threads in 3. Emulsions dead, Locust are dead... what else is there?

Gears on controller is perfect for wallbouncing and evading. M+K has precision aiming though so fair game.

As a long time Gears player that has played on both Xbox and Pc for years they are right to be concerned. Gears UE was a disaster on PC and actually is dead. I don't think 4 will be dead but the reason to be concerned is real.

I guarantee the Boltok will still be complete garbage which nobody wants to use except for grinding the 100 kills achievement (Assuming there is one).

My man, the Boltok was god-tier in Gears 3. and from what I've seen in Gears 4 the Boltok is still very powerful. 2 hit headshot still.

Let's get real though, the new enemies are basically the Locust just called something else for the sake of not retconning Gears 3. They even look the same.

the lambent werent affected

As long as we aren't fighting other humans.

Gears 4 will have crossplay so co-op and Horde will never die on PC

I'm going to disable the option to play with pc kids so they have no community :)

You can't

It was extremely powerful but the recoil on the thing is bordering on the ludicrous.

Honestly, these swarm fellas are fine by me. As long as they keep the robot fighting to a minimum I'm not fussed. Nobody likes fighting generic humanoid robots, they're always the shittiest enemies in vidya.

Damn these guys look more menacing than the locust, pretty scary

>not blind firing the boltok
literally lmaoing at u

I like gears as a shooter, enemies, guns and gameplay

so I'm interested in what they add, and hope they don't subtract too much

They haven't subtracted anything that takes away from gears. They've only added good stuff in terms of gameplay.