This is a suit of powered armor from Fallout...

This is a suit of powered armor from Fallout. It runs off of an integrated microfusion reactor with enough fuel to last for a thousand years.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zLptDJdI0L8
dew-drop.com/purificationofradioactivewater.html
wikihow.com/Purify-Water
youtube.com/watch?v=eC9l4lCmlko
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Isn't it great that Bethesda retconned that?

hey guys

This is a deathclaw from Fallout 4™. It runs off of a road in the first mission of the game, and is never seen again.

the fuck you talking about? They didn't retcon shit you autist

Yeah, I totally remember having stealing all those fusion cores from Navarro back in FO2.

he's talking about how you have to pop new cores into the suits in Fallout 4 every few minutes.
You know, the same suits that didn't require you to do that in previous games.

This was a positive change in FO4 I think. I like power armor better when it's something you get into rather than something you haul around in your backpack.

Even when breaking the lore it's a good mechanic to make power armors less of a permanent end-game suit you use EVERYWHERE because there is no downside to it. At least before you stack up 500 fusion cores.

Gameplay > lore

>until you stack up 500 fusion cores
good concept maybe, but fucking terrible execution , but thats to be expected with bethesda nowadays

kinda a moot point if you can just stockpile the cores anyways so you can run it non-stop regardless.

then again, the game was a mess anyways, by the time i finished the campaign i had so much money i was drowning in it, and that's without doing those silly money making tactics everyone was so fond of

the best part of all the other fallouts was getting power armour and feeling like a total badass, it was something to work toward. I hardly bothered with the power armour in fallout 4 cause it was boring as fuck

>Enemies in FO4 can block my power armored melee weapon swings with their bare fucking hands
>Hits bounce off their arms like I hit a wall

what the FUCK bethesda

At least they didn't make it pathetic looking like FO3/NV where they fuse plates to your character's skin because MUH STANDARD SKELETON.

>Boring
Explain. It did basically the same thing as in FO1-2 except it was clunky. Also jetpacks.

are you still trying to justify your purchase of Fallout 4? It's okay man. We're all here for you. Everyone makes mistakes.

Melee is garbage in Fallout 4. Somehow they made it even more boring than Skyrim, what the fuck is the point of a power attack if it doesn't even go through a block.

You get power armor fifteen minutes into the game. It's not an endgame thing at all.

>but you have to repair it

Man, it was really difficult finding scrap metal.

More tedious than boring I guess. The clunkiness of getting in and out all the time and the fusion cores veered me away from it.

don't forget the "raider" power armor set. because a bunch of druggies can weld some metal scrap together and make their own sets easy enough.

>Enclave Advanced Power Armor was developed post-war by the Enclave, on the west coast
>Nuka World has Enclave Advanced Power Power with Nuka Cola Quantum advertisement and paint job on it in a sealed pre-war display

What did Emil mean by this

Sierra is secretly an Enclave spy, that's her power armor.

Means they legitimately don't give a shit. Bethesda will reuse franchise ideas retardedly because they can't come up with anything good themselves.

Bethesda doesn't give a flying fuck about lore, they have shown countless times, or even hiring a decent writing staff to make the lore they do overwrite not be fucking awful. Yet they will still claim to love the Fallout "universe" in press conferences and interviews. I guess their actions speak much louder than their words.

>get power armor, a minigun and kill a deathclaw 10 minutes into the game
>just so they could show it off at E3
Honestly it wouldn't even be a problem if it permanently broke down, or at least took more than a desk fan and some maintenance perk to repair.

>Vertibirds were made post-war on the west coast by the Enclave based on pre-war schematics, you can obtain and give these plans to the BoS
>Vertibirds are rare as fuck and resource intensive, even the NCR only has a handful of them in use
>Boston has an unlimited armada of Vertibirds that were mass produced pre-war, the fucking things are everywhere
>Even random nobodies like the Gunners can pilot and supply an infinite number of them with no problems

Finding it isn't the hard part.

Its letting go.

So now that APA, Vertibirds, and Jet are all confirmed prewar what's next for Bethesda?

I want to punch that fuck right in the face

In fallout:nv the power armor was just pretty meh unless you had a real use for it.

>this is what Bethesda employees actually believe
I guess I should be happy we got New Vegas out of Bethesda acquiring the Fallout license, but damn if it doesn't sting.

Considering that it had the least amount of upgrades out of all the power armor and that all actual armor is essentially bolted onto a modular suit? Yeah, why not? That armor should have gotten more upgrades and cosmetic shit for it and other armors should have been significantly more rare.

Don't forget that Vault Tec built a vault for testing FEV on the east coast five years before FEV even existed.

Time is convoluted on the east coast.

In terms of whats next, I'm thinking more miniaturization of nuclear weapons.

Something like a slingshot that fires tiny nuclear bombs, because that is the perfect combination of wacky and violent. Little Billy using a nuke slingshot is totally 50s; you probably have to interact with some bastard immortal child character who is part of the main quest to obtain it.

Perhaps another callback to Little Goddamn Lamplight at the same time, it would be the explanation on how they survived for 200 fucking years while living in the same cave system as the largest super mutant factory on the east coast.

And its not that far removed from the adult version: the goddamn nuclear shoulder fired catapult.

>Yet they will still claim to love the Fallout "universe" in press conferences and interviews.

It's true in the sense that they probably love what they think the Fallout universe is about.

Unfortunately, they fail to realize that it's about post-post-apocalypse, and not the post-apocalyptic 1950s where life is about scavenging for food cans in ruined supermarkets and scrap metal aesthetics.

>things are useless unless you have a use for them

Wow, you're really onto something there, chief.

Why does Bethesda have so much trouble making the "military" gear in Fallout 4 look half-way decent? This armor and the assault rifle are fucking atrocious examples of art design.

Kek.

other than the helmet, the one on the right looks passable. just need some good protective weave underneath where the vault suit is showing.

Synth/Institute armor is goddamn atrocious. Hurts my fucking eyes just looking at it.

They finally go back to modular armor parts instead of helmet/body only and give us that horrible shit.

What a good idea, shoulder cannons are the next logical step for power armor. Bethesda should add another prewar model with shoulder nuks and chainsaw hands.
All for the low price of $59.99 plus tax
Pre order your season pass for only $79.99 to unlock the pipboy paintjob for your armor and remember to buy a fusion core pack if you're ever running low!

Because Todd thought it would be a good idea to hire his friends?

Jesus christ that thing is fucking gigantic.
Shouldn't it be jabbing the wearer in the back? I know those things go in horizontally.

The combat armor sprite from Fallout 1 and 2 looks way better than that shit

couldn't you just shoot the fusion cores? they are literally sticking out of your back. it's not like they're bulletproof either.

This. Todd Howard is the Adam Sandler of Video Games

Bethesda are a bunch of incompetent morons masquerading as a developer

I don't get it, the combat armor looked pretty decent in Fallout 3.

All I can stand wearing in Fallout 4 is the basic chest piece with some fatigues.

>Chinese were canonically losing the war in their homeland due to power armored US troops, thus one of the possible reasons for the nuclear apocalypse
>Chinese have ludicrously advanced stealth technology
>They never figured to just sneak about and shoot the core in the back of the armor to disable them

Really makes you think

>I don't know guys, I kind of just made random shapes in maya and imported them, you think it's okay for the final cut of the game

your faucet is leaking?
has any pipe problem?
don't worry call the
PVC-MAN

M-maybe it looks better on robots. That's a possible explanation right? right?

TWO HUNDRED AND TEN YEARS OF SUPER SCIENCE AND CUTTING EDGE TECHNOLOGY

The full faced helmet was cool, that center looks like it's Waifu mod slut wear bait though.

Is the heavy armor look a drop only kind of thing?

>you want armor that doesn't look fucking awful without modding?
>well lucky for you Far Harbor is only 30$!

No, it's meant for the latest gen of synths that look just like humies

The season bass is more expensive than a full priced retail game from JB Hi Fi.

Trash game

>>get power armor, a minigun and kill a deathclaw 10 minutes into the game
>>just so they could show it off at E3

Unless you were a super explorer who found a core at the Red Rocket, you barely had enough power in the first power armor to do anything eventful

And the minigun, 5mm ammo did not start appearing ingame pre-dlc until level 25 or so, you would run out of ammo after a few raider settlements

>at least took more than a desk fan and some maintenance perk to repair.
Kinda got me there, but then again you ran into a power core issue.

>mfw you can actually shoot the fusion cores in fo4
>takes like 3 bullets to explode

gg

All right who let Rob Liefeld out of his cage long enough to design FO4 armor.

>he didn't buy the season pass when it was like $20

Why is enclave armor so fragile? It supposed to be superior in every way.

But fallout 1 and 2 were most post apocalyptic than 4, which was definitely more progressed as a world.

That armor still looks a bit ridiculous desu
It only looks good on a skinnier character and they fucked up with the boot thing

subtle social commentary about the enclave, such artistic mastery is to be expected from Bethesda

>he bought the season pass

Post the concept art pages where they have quotes like "we have to make this gun look like another gun so that we can just reuse that gun's animation for this gun"

what the fuck is with those pauldrons?

coffee holders

>Power armor isn't supposed to be end game equipment that's better than everything else
>It should be early game equipment that's better than everything else
Fuck off, Todd.

Also
>devastating against organics and very effective against non-organics
Brilliant weapon design philosophy

youtube.com/watch?v=zLptDJdI0L8

JUST

fusion cores are a garbage mechanic, i had tons of them and wasnt even deep into mission, could easily run powersuit 24/7

Bravo Bethesda

>Fallout 4, fantastic game
Stopped watching there

>create battery that lasts 1000 years based on fusion
>still manage to bomb each other in a resource war for the last drops of oil
Kinda retarded. The lore only existed due to engine limitations, 3 and NV made it endgame gear with high weight while some mods even exist which use ammunition as battery.

>Fallout 4 is literally Skyrim with guns
no shit

China didn't have power armors/fusion reactors
and they attacked first
fucking chink communist

This guy sounds like a fucking idiot.

>kinda a

yes most retarted thing in whole fallout lore

Even in FO1 settlements had already been established. In FO2 they were already establishing states. Clearly the the worst post-apocalyptic chaos and scavenging had passed even by the start of FO1.

>kinda
>a contraction of "kind of"
>kind of a

I just realized something.

Does FO4 feature any sort of "sexual themes"?

The only thing I can think of is that robobrain in Far Harbor but that is pretty much a joke equivalent to Fisto from NV.

I guess the player-sexual companions sorta count.

You had sex with your wife/husband in the park to make you Instishit kid, and you can sleep with Magnolia in Goodneighbor.

Can't fuck no hookers though cause that would be a bad thing to do in this post apocalyptic wasteland.

Yeah Bethesda thought that prostitution doesn't belong in a Fallout game due to how sexist it is, even though it has been in literally every Fallout game and would be extremely prevalent in a post-apocalypse.

But it doesn't make sense that they'd reestablish everything so fast.
>radiation everywhere
>water and food are scarce
>almost no lifeforms anymore which aren't horribly mutated
>no seasons anymore
>no electricity
>no sewage systems
>can't establish trade routes due to aggressive wildlife
>can't open a factory, basically have to reinvent forgeries and basic manufactoring knowledge
>no way to store food or water for longer periods of time
>no or only very basic education available
>nearly no law enforcement or law enforcement based on local warlords
>raiders and scavengers on the loose
Fallout 1 and 2 basically skipped 2500 years
Even if it would take only a fraction due to existing hidden knowledge I would say it is simply not possible to create settlements as soon as 10 years after the bombs fell (like the BoS claims)

kinda is an informal contraction

you don't use it like that

Fallout 1 and 2 didn't skip anything. They were already rebuilding, there were plenty of relatively well adapted lifeforms, people could read and write. It'd been 200 years since the bombs fell.

Fallout 3 would've made more sense if it took place 10 years after the bombs fell but bethesda are retarded so they took the worst parts of two and ran like retards with a ne meme.

vault books and GECK

Good thing we have these english majors to correct minor grammatical mistakes, otherwise we might be making posts relevant to the thread.

Actually, the joke was that with not even a year's more time, they'd have found the missing link in their technological progression through the "discovery" of capacitors. Retroactively, all of their insanely good tech would become modular and miniaturized like ours today, except infinitely superior in every way.

The things that killed the Old World were

A) The war was won, there was nothing left to fear, but people were so used to conflict by this point that they turned inward on each other. Exactly what's going on in our world right now, actually.

B) China being unapologetically, unironically evil and rather than starve to death slowly, chose to destroy the world.

Things were socially getting so horrible in the Old World that the bombs were a mercy. Let's just hope it doesn't come to that in today's society.

The new Power Armor mechanics were he best part of the game. Getting in, using it, ect, all felt like you were in a giant walking tank. It was great.

Then they wasted it all with shitty "player empowerment" quests right at the start and level scaling armor spawn points. Should have been much more rare and in fixed places. No fucking Enclave armor sitting in a fucking pre-war truck.

If they REALLY needed to keep that shit in, all the actually pieces should have permanently broke, leaving you with just a frame. Maybe one of the raiders in the town was working on trying to build his parts for it, but only had a few and no frame because he wanted the one of the roof. Now raider pieces are actually useful for a bit.

Fuck it, I'm already putting way more thought into it than they did. Why does everything good die? Why can't there be another good Fallout?

Remember the GECK.

>Power armor is suppose to be the best armor type in the game
>Degrades like if it's cardboard
>Regular armor doesn't degrade despite being made of material you regularly scrap

Why?

Also, why even have fusion cores be a mechanic if the degradation was used to limit power armor usage? Why didn't they just pick one? Just have fusion cores be more rare or have more rare materials repair the armor instead of three cans you find in the floor.

>Never have to repair anything but power armor
>Small arms fire and slaps from ghouls can damage and tear apart power armor
>Can easily repair and upkeep power armor with scrap metal

Yeah its pretty bizarre

>build a house
>walls are already destroyed like they'd been sitting there for 200 years
>but I just built them

cool

>still no electicity
>no clean water
>everything is radiated
>only docile animals being dogs and two headed cows
>no schools, no government, no law enforcement
>half of the people from vaults turned raiders (one vault even producing 3 raider gangs
>radiation everywhere
>no fast means of transport
>no means of communication
>manuals from a prewar faux evacuation program

Imagine the Fallout universe being Africa, but without any electricity and even less law enforcement and more dangerous animals.

>with enough fuel to last for a thousand years
Wasn't it 200 years of fuel? I got power armor in FO1, I have yet to finish it but the guy Knight guy didn't say 1000 years for sure about the fuel

>>half of the people from vaults turned raiders (one vault even producing 3 raider gangs
that's retarded though. unless most of the raiders are making food themselves there would be no way that most of them wouldn't starve to death or kill each other due to no food.

What's the deal with all this armour that doesn't actually cover anything?

"You've got a gun? Welll I've got shinpads, asshole so you can't kill me!"

not everyone is a fucking retard who can't do anything and must rely on the player for everything. They have their own daily routines to tend to.

Everyone tells you to fuck off unless they have a job for you to do.

I liked it too in 3 and NV but I always hated how it didn't have arm protection. It looks retarded as fuck to me

you get into it by recieving it when it's redundant and has a natural penality for use but when I am ready I can slip it on like a glove and never take it off when I am just running around doing completionist shit. It spends more time sitting in the inventory when you get it in the beginning of the game and sporadically use it. it's NOT good gameplay design if you give what was traditionally endgame equipment at the beginning of the game for novelty value. It may be good for balance but it the fact that they are just taking something that was rare and symbolic and flaunting it means they had absolutely no original ideas for this release

This the most autistic thread on Cred Forums

fuck off todd we know you will do these things
we just dont care anymore

>proven wrong
>b-but i'm not wrong because I like it anyway
Jesus Christ, why haven't you killed yourself yet?

Most are that's why you have to find the water chip in the first one and I dunno what you actually do in the second I only remeber the shitty trials and a nigger shaman bumbling something about exploring the world

t. bethesda

Fucking toilet armor! Bethesda knew the Institute was shit!

Half this shit is resolved by FO2. Did you even play the games?

are you being serious?

What statement was proven wrong?

It is fitting for a tutorial as it has different mechanics than in previous games.
It would've been more retarded discovering it 30 hours in and then you get a popup literally anywhere in the world like "shit we actually forgot there's this stuff too"

>no clean water
Water isn't hard to purify. The only reason it's an issue in the first game is because the vault is meant to be totally enclosed and self sufficient. Too bad Bethesda didn't understand that and decided it should be super rare and incredibly important for their shit fanfiction.

>designed to protect Gen 1 synth cannon fodder by protecting the most vulnerable parts, not meant to be worn by actual humans
>"lol it looks so dumb you're wearing stuff that weren't meant for humans"

>It runs off of an integrated microfusion reactor with enough fuel to last for a thousand years.

Anything as useful as that would have been stripped out at the earliest opportunity for use somewhere else.

>It would've been more retarded discovering it 30 hours in and then you get a popup literally anywhere in the world like "shit we actually forgot there's this stuff too"
Not him but I don't get what you're saying
It's good that you get PA and a minigun 30 minutes in for free because the mechanics of it are better explained early on? Why not just have them explained later on? Did the player become too retarded while playing the game?
If making it part of the tutorial is so important why not just have the power armor break after the fight? Getting PA so early and absolutely fucking free was idiotic.

Yeah through magic and asspulls

holy shit, is that real?

>water isn't hard to purify
Okay please name a few 3rd world countries where you can drink tap water.
Are you retarded? Purifying water will be one of THE issues in the next 20 years, are you living on the moon?

Fallout tech IS magic. Have you seen what radiation does?

I'll just leave this here.
As if you needed anymore proof that Bethesda is the laziest developer around.

PA is nearly impossible to maintain in the first 15 hours it's meant to be powerful with restrictions. It's not like you could streamroll the game with a minigun and PA

You shouldn't take about things you know nothing of.

Good point. So why is a bunch of plastic only made for robots one of the best sets in the game, beating heavy combat armor and only worse than DLC sets and power armor?

So you premium memers are complaining that Bethesda cut back on the asspulls while at the same time complaining about Bethesda's asspulls.

We're complaining that the asspulls they're making don't fit in with the universe they're working with, while removing established asspulls.

I think the user was trying to say that purifying water on a small scale is easier than it looks, mass purification of water is another thing. Although I'm thinking in real life. Taking radiation from water is a technology I don't even know if it exists.

>We had all these creative ideas and then decided to do none of them because they were hard. We'll still get GOTY 10/10 anyway

It ain't better when it comes to ballistic damage but better than the overall defense from both energy and ballistic damage is higher.
Also it's some super hard engineered plastic, do you fucking think it's made out of leaves and bamboo?

Not an argument.

>Taking radiation from water is a technology I don't even know if it exists.
dew-drop.com/purificationofradioactivewater.html

It exists but if you have a settlement which needs constant purification because all sources are contaminated it takes a shitload of power nobody has.

How about $0 by downloading mods?

>play survival with combat realism mod
>it stocks you the Fuck up with armor and weapons in the beginning
>still get my shit pushed in because bullets are actual bullets now
I like this.

>Have the character confined to a room, maybe with a little balcony.
>No
>Give her on a modified Handyman, eliminating the stair problem
>Too hard
>Alright then, then she's a normal NPC and we just tell her to sit down more often than others.
>Perfect! You're getting a promotion!
Fucking Bethesda.

I think they were sorta going for the stormtrooper look.

It's still a retarded fucking design that leaves your crotch unprotected and looks awkward as fuck to move in.
The light version is even dumber. How is a helmet, weirdass collar shit and bracer/leg guards offering comparable protection to pic related? NONE of the human weakpoints are protected.

>it's really powerful!
>especialy against living things!
but is it made of Stan-less Steel?

>Stormtrooper armor, cheap cosplay edition

Good thing there are vaults with fusion reactors lying around all over the place, isn't it? Ones which are designed to be portable so they can be moved to create new settlements, even.

Synth armor wasn't designed for humans.
Is that concept so hard to grasp?
Combat armor is dumb though.

Just more reasons why it's pointless to give it to the player so early. The fact power armor needs to be repaired while shitty normal guns and armor don't is even more ridiculous.

Well it makes sense. The entire setting is in america and americans are retarded.

Again. It's fine for it not to be designed for humans. What's dumb as shit is that it offers some of the best protection in the game outside of DLC/power armor.

>what's next for Bethesda?
Ayy lmao started the war.

What are you talking about?
I thought the outer thigh was the weakest part of the body, one time I bumped my thigh into a table and I was in a coma for decades.

Radiation magic.

>How do you do, fellow humans?

Idiot.

When a phone company advertises their phone to last 24 hours do you think that means 24 hours of active use? Of course not you retard. It means 24 hours at minimum usage battery saver mode. Same logic applies here

>bethesda making unique NPCs
>wheels, stairs
>they actually did what they say (mr handy)

Even the artwork book is full of lies.

>tfw your nuclear phone lasts 1000 years in airplane mode but only 15 minutes with data on
fucking Samsung

>This nuclear powered device only lasts 15 mins if you use it otherwise it lasts 1000 years
really wew'd my lads

Wouldn't be surprised.
It's sad that this is actually possible. It's sadder that I won't even care anymore.

Yeah
I remember when some user said to me once "Fallout going 3d was the only way to keep it relevant"
What's the point in keeping it ""relevant"" if Bethesda butchered Fallout to hell and back? The only good thing to come out of this was New Vegas but even that suffers from bethesda's garbage enginge and limitations.

it's transistors not capacitors

It's made for gen 1 and 2, gen 3 aren't used as soldiers yet, except for the coursers, and they have their own gear.

that thing looks like it was originally designed to be power armour
just look at the arms/legs they look more power armoury than standard armoury

Transistors were already invented by 2077, though.

didn't they already did that with the ayylmao DLC for FO3?

I don't think going 3D was a mistake. It's having Bethesda at the helm that's the mistake.

Pretty sure user was referencing the fact that they literally already did that with Mothership Zeta.

If I remember it was just the old "aliens taking people from different eras for research", not straight up they start the war or the war started because the countries involved wanted their technology.

You have to be at least 18+ to post here

Not in Falloutverse.

>He didn't get FO4 + Season pass for free when it was leaked on the nexus

>China being unapologetically, unironically evil and rather than starve to death slowly, chose to destroy the world.

The Enclave would have done the same. Hell, I would have done the same.

They were invented in 2067 in the Fallout universe.

Alien captive log 17 wherein a US soldier is mindraped by the ayy lmaos in an effort to steal the launch codes.

"Our defenses consist of 3 battalions of light infantry, 34 pieces of field artillery, 108 armored vehicles and 42 aerial vehicles.
(Alien Babble)
We have 38 ICBM's always on alert and ready to fire when the word is passed down from the White House.
(Alien Babble)
The codes to activate the launch sequences are... are... uhhngh.... no... I can't let you... uggh... get out of my mind!
(Alien Babble)
Agggh! The c-codes... are... ugh.... no... I can't betray... AGH! My head! I can't... won't... AGGGGH! Agggh...
(Alien Babble)"

>mfw all the death animations are random now

Oh and yes, some random dude has the codes necessary to launch the nukes, not the president, just some random guy presumably in charge of an outpost knows the codes to launch 38 nukes on a whim.

bethesda, engine, shitty designers.
How they made power armors look good is an enigma though... only the look, not surprising they fucked up with fusion core, rarity and shitty lore retcons.

Maybe outsourced designer?

Fuck me then, here I was thinking that ayy lmaos starting the war was right up Bethesda fuckery for the future, they apparently had already fucked me and I just didn't notice it.
Fucking Bethesda.

Kek.

I drink from the tap, then again our supply comes from a mountain springs. You can also drink from the tap depending on where you live.

>bought

Someone from the mod community must've sent the model. It's the only explanation.

wikihow.com/Purify-Water

You know I never once thought of that as 'aliens caused the war'
we don't know if they got the codes.
We don't know what they wanted them for
we don't know what their motivations would have even been for trying to destroy their favourite guinea pigs

What in the fuck happened to that dude.

Yeah don't mind I'm boiling radiation out of water for a whole settlement.
Knowing the memetic magic of radiation in the fallout universe you could just pour some FEV into it and the radiation will just evaporate.

If it were literally any other studio then I would agree that it was open to interpretation.
But Bethesda.

The "Lieutenant" is a super mutant that has been further enhanced with cybernetics or something.

"All the methods indicated above are designed to remove biological threats only, such as bacteria. They generally do not remove chemical (for example, industrial waste such as aluminum sludge) or radioactive contamination. If it is suspected that the water contains such contaminants, rely on distillation, or weigh consumption against the risk of being dehydrated."

That said Fallout radiation has always been basically magic and the purifiers of 3, New Vegas and 4 appear to function through a variety of the methods in that page.

It's probably over-engineered or something.

Nuka World had ties with the pre-war military, Vault-Tec, RobCo. and General Atomics.

Who's to say the Enclave didn't use it to offload some of their gear in the centuries that followed? The Galactic Zone would be a perfect hiding place- it's well-fortified, but at first glance relatively inconspicuous...my guess is they painted a suit of APA and stuck it behind diamond glass to disguise it as part of a display.

Or Bethesda did it because they thought it was SO WACKY AND AWESOME

Let's not forget how in FO4 there's a scientist faction that has managed to live underground and created sentient mechanical people and fucking teleportation (which are all things that weren't possible before the war) while not having access to fucking resources because of a fucking nuclear apocalypse having happened above. Not to mention how they somehow managed to create a safer and better functioning isolated society than any of the Vault experiments.

>Not to mention how they somehow managed to create a safer and better functioning isolated society than any of the Vault experiments.
Well that's not too hard, all of them except for the control group were designed to fuck up at one point.

You´re here to discuss NV huh?

I didn't bother with Power Armor in FO3/NV.
Yes - it's pretty cool and looks good, but it takes too much inventory space and removes Agility points.

Same, I think it only used it once during the battle of the dam, because I was rolling an enclave remnant

>removes agility points

Vats pleb detected.
How does it feel having absolutely no skill?

:^)

>too much inventory space
Where to you stash your PA in all games?
Do you pull it out of your ass?

None of them were designed to fail, that would be retarded and it would defeat the entire purpose.

>wearing an incredibly advanced mechanical suit requires no training
>repairing and modifying it requires no training
>every gas station and workshop has a power armor station

You clearly haven't played any of the games. Please take a look at the vault list, many were just trying out whacky parameters and seeing what happens others were there to see HOW things would fail.
Some where even designed to automatically open, one had a door which couldn't be sealed some had social experimentations some biological.

>no training
It was designed with dumb foot soldiers in mind, you need the correct perks to modify it and it is explained that some enthusiasts or vets bought suits for personal use after Operation Anchorage

>because there is no downside to it.
It gimped your agi and had a strength requirement.

>after Operation Anchorage
so it's not canon? okay

Sure boss, i'll carry your 20 kilo of junk across the whole mojave
An old man like me could really use some exercise

>suit designed to always have protection from gunfire and radiation
>have to get out of it to change power cell

then why did Bethesda make you train before you could use power armor in 3

>What is power armour training
Power Armor should be a late game thing. It's supposed to turn you into a walking tank that isn't made out of carboard for "stealth reasons" that can tank most small arms and even a few missiles or .50s with embedded microfusion cells and reactors to power it for over a millenium.

Who's the ultimate liar?

>Fallout 4 world has free enegry sources everywhere
>people live in empty houses with little or no electricity
amazing

I meant the Battle of Anchorage you dingus.
On another note, every single Fallout game or DLC from Bethesda is canon
and there is n o t h i n g you can do about it

Little known fact, the fallout 3 style combat armor is an homage to Doom guy.

Why didn't the first two if you love the PA training so much?

>Actually playing for a long period of time with Power Armor

>Because Todd thought it would be a good idea to hire his friends?
Ding Ding Ding
If you take and google the name of every lead and main 3d art team member you will not only not find a single piece of any proof they ever posted their work anywhere online, you will find out any info on them starts with them working at Bethesda.
Same with modern Bioware.

On other hand if you google Raphael Grassetti or Kolby Jukes you will find huge portfolios of people proud of their work producing amazing models for other games.

And you clearly don't know what you're fucking talking about because you're a fucking retard.
The vaults were a series of experiments to test conditions for long term spaceflight and colonization, as such they were constructed to test the populace under a variety of circumstances.

Intentionally deciding that you want your experiment to fail is fucking retarded and offers no useful information whatsoever.

The LAER was a far superior rifle to this.

>it's NOT good gameplay design if you give what was traditionally endgame equipment at the beginning of the game for novelty value. It may be good for balance but it the fact that they are just taking something that was rare and symbolic and flaunting it means they had absolutely no original ideas for this release

fucking this, this made me immediately drop the game after only 3 hours

I don't but it shows Bethesda is retarded
>Isometric games show no training required for PA
>Fallout 3 comes out and now states that Power Armor training is needed
>okay.
>Since Fallout 3 has now established this, New Vegas also requires PA training
>Fallout 4 comes out and gets rid of the need for training
They can't even keep continuity with things THEY established.

this piece of shit

The sierra madre vending machines were ultimately the answer. They essentially ended scarcity. But the chinks nuked the world before anyone could realise the answers and all the Big MT experimentation going on there fucked up big time.

were there any pre-war energy weapons in fallout 4? Also institute weapons look different from other post war energy weapons in F4

what lore means in gaming?

anything that isn't Institute is pre-war. The guns that look like complete trash were commonly used in the military.

Nope no p95 plasma rifles, no Wattz lasers, no G86 Plasma Pistol. No M72 Gauss rifle, No YK42B pulse weapons, no Laser-Assisted Electrical Rifles, nothing. Really the weapons variety was sorely lacking in fallout 4

>power armor
>strength requirement
why

>thinking a nuclear war would put us right back to square one
>thinking humanity is this stupid
I mean you are obviously but humanity as a whole?
Nah.

you dumb smelly idiot
did you really think it was a good idea to post this load of horseshit and pretend that it's a valid argument

Raiders in Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas are basically just like vikings with a greater dependency on raiding, they have their own cultures, food and water sources etc and they trade with outside groups but they also raid some of said outside groups for stuff to trade.
It's just Fallout 3 and 4 where they're crazy cannibals that just kill everything they see because Bethesda can't into nuance.

Raiders in fucking Tactics were more nuanced and organized than whatever was that shitty, edgy Mad Max ripoff in F3 and 4.

And that game was considered as the worst in the series by some.

Actually, it's shown in concept art as being worn by Gen-3ish human synths.

I can disagree.
Look at me disagreeing with you right now, whoa.

>best part of a RPG is getting to the point where you don't have to role play anymore

>Synth armor wasn't designed for humans.
>Synths are designed to be human
You stupid Ugandan.

it's an excuse to give the player power armor at the start of the game, along with a minigun so anyone can easily beat the main quest

it's bullshit, even Fo3 made the player kill someone for power armor (or loot one from fort constantine)

The plasma guns were made by the Enclave in Fallout 3 and the Gatling Laser is made from sawed off laser rifles strapped to a motor.
Also the laser musket isn't pre war.

I think they were going for the public bathroom look.

My home base at Nevada Highway Patrol Station.,

Honestly I'm even fine with nig-rigged power armors for high level raiders. And even non-powered pieces used for general elites. But needing fusion cores literally every 15-30 minutes is a fucking disaster.

>tactics
>considered the worst
You know that FOBOS earned that title.

>playing fallout 4
>enter combat zone
>get excited, bethesda finally got a group of raiders right
>go to the cagefight
>WAIT A MINUTE YOU SHOULDN'T BE HERE
>everyone attacks
fuck bethesda

the way it's executed is fucking terrible too
>hold breath to aim
>complete fusion core drained in 30 seconds
who the fuck approved this shitty game design

Reloaded so many times thinking I was messing something up.

>kinda is informal
>you don't use it like that according to formal rules

Wearing power armor is a pain anyway. I never bother with it unless it's necessary.

You're not meant to have the plot armor on in your whole playthrough you retard.

this
>probably shouldn't have killed those prisoners, reload
>probably shouldn't have hacked that terminal, reload
>probably shouldn't go in wearing a vault suit, reload
but nooope, only raiders allowed. and they inexplicably recognize that you're not some raider, even if you're covered in dirt, have face tattoos and wear raider armor etc.

>Gameplay > lore
Not in and RPG. There the gameplay must be derived from the lore and story, or else it is no RPG.

you're not meant to have endgame power armor and a minigun 10 minutes into the fucking game you retard.
>muh cowadoody audience

getting some super item in an RPG is no reason not to roleplay anymore, and by the way, collecting 500 fusion cells is not roleplaying either, so your argument does not even work for F4.

No, but at the end it is very appreciated, and making wearing it a hassle is idiotic.
The armor is supposed to be a treat, not a chore.

I disagree with your statement regarding the fusion cores, they were too numerous as to make the time limit on their use a non-issue, I think I could've dealt with having a 15-30 minute window of use for fusion cores had power armor not have been made from cardboard, but I would have hated the cardboard armor anyways even if fusion cores were to not be necessary at all.

>muh cowadoody audience
That is insulting towards the CoD audience, how intellectually stunted they may be.
Bethesda´s fanbase is its own kind of "special", and fallout 4 attests to just this.

one of them was designed to not close
one of them pumped drugs that made everyone crazy
most of them had fucking retarded stupid shit like "20 men, 10 women, 1 panther", "1000 men, 1 woman", "1000 women, 1 man", and "All entertainment tapes were removed except those of one particularly bad comic actor."

the code was 000000000000

well, if bethesda says so, then yes.
And something about FO nukes being rather small and even more numerous than IRL, sure why not.

Not that that makes it less stupid, just, it´s their IP, so what they say goes, however painful it is to witness.

>Maybe outsourced designer?
Pretty sure they hired one or two competent people by accident.

i think it's a really good analogy in this case
giving you power armor so early and having them just stand around everywhere in the world was a marketing stunt.
they just had to show off that epic power armor and handheld minigun 5 minutes in so normies would be excited about the game.

I think I read somewhere that the art book explains the assault rifle is meant to be used with power armor, so that's why Im it looks like a bulky piece of shit with handles on it.

They honestly should of kept service rifles from new vegas

At least FO4 had best girl.

>make them less permanent
>cores are in such abundance that you will never have to worry about running out
So basically the fusion core has solved nothing, just an arbitrary meter that you have to fill up when it gets low
Bethesda is so lucky that they have modding, their games are so fucking shitty without mods it is unbelievable

problem is there's a bit of dissonance
all other games have power armor be a big fucking deal that's hard to get functional outside of brotherhood/enclave control
even NV has the NCR, an industrializing nation, be unable to get it working properly

Is he wearing a toilet?

this armour is found in a deathclaw intensive area; when found, it's already in poor condition, so go find some spare t-50 armour to make it good.

yes. it's very effective at stopping lasers.

They did it because x-01 needed a special paintjob

and indians

This. Step away from that ledge my friend. I bought the guide and season pass post price hike.

This

> not piper

That's OK, you can keep a drugged up whore. I'll take smart, cute, loving piper

rip fallout

>not recognizing it when game mechanics get handwaved in the backstory
fuck you autist, F4 is shit but POWER armor requiring POWER is a good idea, it had no downsides before

>piper
But she's retarded/

>Game can't have end game armor
Ok sure. Lets just ignore literally every other game that had an end game suit of armor that was powerful without a timer on it.
Fallout 4 made it OP(Not really) without reason and just felt like adding that in to add a false feeling of being special because they immediately hand it over to stroke the cock of the lazy.

>armor that makes wearer fucking invincible forces wearer to take off armor and change batteries every 10 minutes
yeah

>another fallout 4 complain thread
Have any of you people ever made a game? Do you know the amount of effort and work goes into making one on this scale? No? Then shut the fuck up.

Hey, retardo. I don't need to be a master chef to complain about bad food.

Go away, Toddler Howard. No one likes you and your lies.

The weapons customization alone makes it more advanced than the vast majority of big games. You have no idea what you people are talking about.

retarded girls need love too

I like the power armor system in FO 4.
But the batteries thing is retarded. They should have stay with the training. That was honestly the only good retcon from bethesda.
And only 2 frames available for the player.
Also fuck the T-60.

>I like the power armor system in FO 4.
>But the batteries thing is retarded.

uhuh

>tfw no cute retarded pure gf to take care of
fuckin end my life

So, how does it feel to never have any critical thougt?
How does Todd Howard's cock taste?

making shitty design choices isn't "make game is hard". It's a choice. They chose to make the game shitty in that way.

yhea but gouls m8, i mean most of them are pre war people, im pretty sure that how education, faqrming science and shit didn't got lost in to oblivion

I mean how it's portrayed.

And yet it was used to fight a war over oil.

how long was the Great War again, like an hour? can't be arsed to google

that's not the point, the point i that if you literally have nuclear fusion reactors then oil is completely obsolete as a power source. Nobody would even want it anymore.

i didn't mean to reply to your post
sorry
also i just googled it
approximately 2 hours it seems

no worries shit happens

And that somehow excuses the rest of the shitty and half-baked gameplay mechanics and lazy writing?

Bethesda will never improve when dumb enablers and shills like you exist.

I'd like to put my fusion core inside your waifu if you know what I'm sayin.

>Talking about Fallout 4 in September 2016
>Playing Fallout 4 ever

Holy fuck literally end yourselves.

>permanent end-game suit you use EVERYWHERE
Only in the first 2 games. And you were done with most of the game by the time you get it.
In New Vegas I never used the Power Armor because I was already OP as shit and had no need for that ugly ass shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=eC9l4lCmlko

REMOVE ALIEN

I thought that was far cry.

is there a tachikoma mod?

Oil was still the most used commodity pre-war and the world was overpopulated. Everything was scarce food, water, basic amenities even the rare metals required for nuclear shit were being fought over.

I believe it was explained that the wars started before nuclear powered cars and shit was common, but whether were the war had been going on for far too long to just stop.

Why the fuck is there no kevlar armor
At the very least there should have been a vest

That
Wew
That is legitimately the stupidest fucking thing I've heard all year

Todd it's time to let go and move on
Confess your wrong doing