Cherry MX vs Kailh switches thread, now

Cherry MX vs Kailh switches thread, now.
Also why are the blues cheaper than the other switches? I dont want noisy switches

browns are god tier
typing on a full brown that cost me ~$50 USD

I only type on springs

blues arent popular, mainly people go for the red switches or browns.

I bought a scissor switch gaming keyboard. Fuck you I love it

I fucking love blues.

>browns are god tier
haha, no. blues are trash too, just for the fact alone that they are so annoyingly loud. every blue buyers feels the regret at some point. only cherry switch worth a damn are clears. cherrys are insanely overrated as a whole though.

I hope you can hear my typing from here.

>Wanting a $100 placebo, and a noisy one at that
lel

Why would you pay that much for a mechanical keyboard when you can get them for cheaper?

>browns
>loud
m8, browns arent clicky if you dont bottom out
they're tactile

browns or blacks
i use kailh, literally just cheaper cherries.

They have so far lasted longet thqn my old cherry keyboard, but either are good.

Bought a mechanical a year ago, they only had browns but it was definitely worth it. any other keyboard I had would have a sunken key by now.

Red is god tier, senpai.

Sucks to write on them for the first day because they're ridiculously sensitive and just lightly stroking it causes the keys to be pressed, but after you got used to it they're the best

Have a Corsair K95 that's about to run out of the 2 year in-store warranty in a month or so. The K95 no longer seems to be widely available and I probably won't able to replace it with the same and I will have to choose another board to replace it. Recommendations?

Prominent "Gamer" brands like Corsair, Logitech, Steelseries or Razer only. Considering the Corsair K70 (Rapidfire or the Lux, too bad about the keycap font). I love Corsair's faceplate and raised, non-inset key design. I wouldn't necessarily want to go back to an in-set key design.

Blues are good for typing but I feel like these days mechanical keyboards are mainly sold for 1337 g4m3rs who can barely touchtype anyway. For gaming blues are not so great IMO, I prefer something with more linear switches.

Anyway I use blues with O-ring dampeners to make it less noisy and it's pretty great for typing/coding. At work I use browns though, I don't want my coworkers to hate me.

Got a ducky shine 5 with reds. love it

>touchtype
Is this what people call not looking at the keyboard or using homerow these days?

>Frank Edward McGurrin, a court stenographer from Salt Lake City, Utah who taught typing classes, reportedly invented touch typing in 1888.

Woaah, how old are you?!!

MX blue > everything else

I always just called it homerow.
Is it not called that?

Maybe, I'm not a native english speaker, I've always heard it called "touchtyping" online at least.

>Go to tech store
>Ask about mechanical keyboards since they have a bunch of different ones listed on their site
>Start talking about switches
>No one in the store has any idea what I'm talking about
>The only keyboards they have a gamer keyboards even though their site listed more than that

Touch typing is the original term, but some refer to it as homerow.

Oh.
I thought that's what everyone did.
Well everyone except the elderly and the very young.

MX Blue + O-ring is the master race.

Spotted the retard. Learn to read, faggot.

MX black master race here.