Real talk, Cred Forums

Real talk, Cred Forums

Are console owners just more capable of emotional attachment than people with PC as their primary platform?
strawpoll.me/11332240

When talking about ports, for instance, it's common for a game "feeling right" on [console] to get brought up. Often in jest, no doubt, but there's clearly a grain of truth to it: recently I was arguing with a friend about why he would ever pay Nintendo 20 dollars for a snes game on virtual console (as opposed to simple emulation), and owning it on a Nintendo console was unironically one of the things that mattered to him—however little.

I've known people who got a game on PC but re-bought it on another platform just because that was where they owned the rest of the series. There's some value that these players associate with their product that goes beyond the actual act of playing it, and that's something I genuinely don't understand.

Are console owners just more invested in their platform? I've seen people on here get happy when it gets an exclusive, even if it's one they'll never play or care about playing; people get sad when their platform performs poorly compared to a rival console; people defend their platform's shortcomings and tout its strengths. Get into long and vicious debates over subjective worth. What spurs it?

They got swindled into buying a gimped PC and now feel the need to defend it to death so they don't look stupid.

Prefacing your bullshit with the phrase "Real talk" is not a valid substitute for honesty.

Idk, pc gamers seem to be the most autistic and attached to their machine. They constantly need to remind people there's is the best like a 4 year old and get mad when someone likes something they don't.

what bullshit, what lack of honesty? I posed a question?

What's dishonest about the question? Are you reacting defensively to something?

>corporate droning

You posed one question, then linked to a straw poll asking a different question.

Your first question is also dishonest in itself, as it assumes "console owners" and "people with PC as their primary platform" are mutually exclusive.

And you follow up by accusing me of being defensive for calling you out on this. That suggests you want a fight instead of honest answers to your dishonest questions.

PC gamers formed a fucking community dedicated to hating other platforms. How much more insecure can you get? Console gamers play their games, have fun and don't give a fuck about what other people are doing.

they are more capable of being brainwashed, and less capable of making intelligent decisions

>Are console owners just more capable of emotional attachment
>for instance, it's common for a game "feeling right" on [console] to get brought up
I don't see the correlation.

People who play on PC are not a single entity. Don't mix the majority with the loud and visible autists.

>it's common for a game "feeling right" on [console] to get brought up
Its a bullshit argument used by consolefags to rationalize their stupidity over the years

What bizarro world do you come from where Sonyggers arent relentlessly shitposting and starting random rivalries and alliances while Nintoddlers and Xbots jerk off over exclusives?

What the fuck are you on about? Ignoring that consolefags have their own platform wars, PCfags aren't even a unified community with GPU/CPU wars and even brands within those.

you're positioning yourself as "calling me out" but are taking the stance of an aggressor in each of your responses.

Responses to straightforward and unemotional questions, that you are interpreting as accusatory, which looks, to me, like defensiveness.

This was the point at which I leveled the accusation, by the way, because of the pattern of your responses leaping directly to adversarial and your immediate interpretation of all incoming questions as attacks or accusations: being on the defensive in the literal sense.

Just buy a rasberry pie and put Retropie on it. That way you have a nice and slick OS for your nostalgia faggotry until the PS2 era.

That sure is a lot of not responding to anything I said.

Dishonest. Trying to stir shit.

I don't think they think it's an argument without substance, and there have definitely been studies that support that context has huge effects on our interpretation of the world around us.

I didn't know about this and it sounds cool as hell

real talk you're doing the same thing right now user

Who cares? Shit in a shit thread.

if you get emotionally attached to consumer electronics you're a fucking retard

>you can only get laid by landwhales
>are betas mord capable of compassion

>PC gamers formed a fucking community dedicated to hating other platforms
You got that wrong
It's about celebrating the superiority of their platform, not about hating irrelevant plebes

honestly I get that you made that post in order to imply otherwise but I think that the answer to that question would actually be yes

>20 dollars for a snes game on virtual console
Literally paying for an emulator. Even more, paying for an emulator that's not as good as free alternatives.

Eh i fucked up
it was more supposed to be betas have to settle for what they can get while alphas have a choice

Consoles build an environment which you then associate with every game you play on that console and start to form attachment to.
Id even argue things such as the act of powering on and inserting a new game disc for the first time are things your brain will treat as positive experiences attached to that console.
A lot of this fluff is simply gone on PC in favor of a streamlined system built on top of a machine designed to do other tasks as well as gaming.

I still have vivid memories of the exact physical sensation pushing an N64 cart into the slot gives you. I very much doubt Ill ever remember what it feels like to install a steam game.

PC just does away with a lot of the persistent ritualistic behaviors and global systems (Steam is a much more minimalist system than the xbox dashboard or XMB for example) you have to deal with in order to play games, theres a lot less to actually be 'emotionally attached' to.

this is a pretty good point I hadn't considered. I haven't even inserted a disk into my PC since installing windows.

actually I think the windows disk is still in there

That must be why the majority of content is memes about how inferior console gamers are

Contrasting is a good way of elaborating the strengths of one side
Like, there'd be no point in shitting on 720p 30 fps if PCs couldn't handle 1080p 60 fps

Everything you've said can be also applied to PC community. Just look at Cred Forums or some news sites. People get really excited about when a console port is announced for PC even if they don't give a fuck about it. Recent example of that is Yakuza. Yakuza threads are one of the best threads on Cred Forums, yet when some guy posted that it's coming to PC everyone went nuts and started shitposting how they've won and stuff.

a bunch of faggots since we all cared enough to reply

Hey, what's it called when you buy an amd card only to have all the games you want to play use NVidia tech?

Falling for a meme.

Look I'm prety objective when it comes to this kind of stuff, I own all paltforms, however.

Go to any gaming community centered around a console platform from Nintendo to Microsoft to Sony and you'll generally find people talking about video games, being excited for new releases and news and that's pretty much it. From dedicated sub reddits to websites, news sites and gaming forums console games in general pretty decent people.

PC gaming on the other hand... christ almighty, if they aren't slowly seeping into other communities begging for ports, shit flinging, console bashing, all of their dedicated communities from /r/PCMASTERRACE to DarkSideOfGaming is just pure bitter, unadulterated toxic cancer. They are constantly console bashing, graphics console bashing, getting furious about games that dont come to their platform and all around circlejerking each other. The identity of PC gaming in the west was literally defined by console bashing, it's what they've been doing for the last 10 years and it won't stop. It attracts really shitty quality humans, people who have inferiority complexes and need to feel better than others are attracted to PC gaming. Not all of course but if you see some fucking clown rocking a dual 1080 set up you already know the idiot has nothing to do with real PC games at all and only has a vested interest in maxing latest AAA games

PC gamers wish to think that console gamers in their own chanells are all circlejerking and platform bashing their competitors platform but it hardly ever happens, they are just generally happy gamers who love being excited and tlaking about games. PC gamers are the total opposite and walk around with a fucking huge chip in their shoulder for some reason.

As I said I'm an idort and these are just my observations. If you want proof go to /r/ps4, /r/wiiu, /r/nintendo, /r/3ds, /r/vita, /r/xbox one and go see for youreself right now you will see ZERO console war bullshit. The go to /r/pcmasterrace and

>Being this assblasted about what other people do

Yeah, those guys are actually a reason I don't buy games on PC anymore and just pirate game on PC and then buy console version so devs get their money and I have legal version.

Fuck those guys, they are the worst thing about PC gaming and I don't want to take part in that.

>/r/eddit
Feel free to go back to at any time

>The go to /r/pcmasterrace and

A-are you alright?

>There's some value that these players associate with their product that goes beyond the actual act of playing it, and that's something I genuinely don't understand.
it's called owning an original
nothing beats owning original copies of something
since you're here though you most likely see through the bullshit and just pirate/emulate the living fuck out of everything on your meaty PC

>/r/ps4, /r/wiiu, /r/nintendo, /r/3ds, /r/vita, /r/xbox one

Firstly, on the off chance it works: go back there, and stay there.

Secondly, can't you see the difference between each of those... boards? and here?

What's the fundamental difference?

This is aside from the fact that Cred Forums is primarily for shitflinging no matter the topic.

Not getting cucked by nvidia

Those were just some examples, I browse nearly every single gaming forum out there and the only ones who reagularly start shit, port beg, console bash and start shitposting are PC users time and time and time again. PC was my first gaming platform and it holds a special place in my heart, I regularly go back and play the classics from AOE to Monkey Island and other Dos games but to see the type of community and the bunch of fucking clowns who are steering the ship of modern PC gaming today literally sickens me and angers me deeply.

>I browse nearly every single gaming forum out there
The please fuck off to IGN or wherever it is you feel is better than here

>literally sickens me and angers me deeply

when your balls finally drop you'll start to develop a tougher skin. Hang in there, champ.

Reddit is the cause of this.

A-a-and these are more reasons I do

I'm probably older and have been gaming a lot longer than you baby cheeks boy.

Another thing you forget is how these autist even hate each other, they also bash each other for having AMD/NVIDIA cards.

epic

>It's ok if the community is shit and acts like a bunch of children
>Just grow some tougher skin, bro

Types of people who defend their choice in gaming platform:

1. Children Brainwashed by Marketing.
2. People baited into discussions by group A.
3. Stupid people who just defend their purchases.

Yeah I think that about covers it.

Don't you people have anything better to do than to argue over what platform sucks the least? They all fucking suck, PS4 sucks, Xbone sucks, and thanks to microsoft's shitty practices PC tends to suck too now-a-days.

It all fucking sucks guys.

its like cheering for a sports team
normie things

You're an idiot

oh.. really?

Well, if THAT is true then:

stop being spineless little bitch and grow a pair you pathetic, weak little faggot.

If there were no consoles. People would probably be shitposting about amd/nvidia non-stop like they do now with consoles/pc.

If you're feeling an emotional attachment to a piece of consumer electronics, you should seek medical help instead of posting here

1. yep. It is just fine on account of: freedom
2. it would stop you shitting up the internet with your whiney faggotry
3. seven

It still amazes me how they worship gaben while he is one of the jewest motherfuckers in all the gaming industry, proof that developing autism is real.

God dammit this is exactly what I mean and is exactly what has been slowly killing PC as a platform for the last 15 years.

anyway I can't help myself but here,

>PC is superior as a gaming platform in every way to consoles

How is it a superior gaming platform when it severely lacks the only thing that matters, games.

Yep, that about sums it up

>when it severely lacks the only thing that matters, games
How does having more games by far than current consoles make for a lack of games, again? I'm still not sure about that logic

>m-muh feelings

Console-fags really are sheep ripe for the slaughter

>PC has no games
>has practically all the games consoles do
>warcraft

er...

Exactly. It's like arguing about android or iphone, they both make fucking calls you morons.

The only real argument to be had is which console has the better exclusives, but let me remind you that exclusives are the console manufacturer's way of holding games hostage so you, the consumer, has to buy their product.

>My console has the best exclusives!!!

THAT'S NOT SOMETHING TO BE PROUD OF.

Probably means new exclusives that aren't just indies.

Grow out some pcmatserrace sometime clown boy, you fucking killed this platform and you've been trying to destroy console platforms for some time now as well. Modern PC gamers like you are basically enforces of video game islam, you occupy, destroy, perpetuate really cancerous ideologies and then seek to occupy more platforms and destroy them too.

I honestly hope I've offended you on some level because you obviously heavily identity with the mindset of a modern pcmasterrace user and you should know you deserve it

>my console has more exclusives

translation

>my console manufacturer spent more money trying to force people to buy my console!

No wonder the market is so stagnant and fucked right now, you people have no idea how anti-consumer you're being. You defend companies that fuck you in the ass over and over again, and then ask them to fuck you in the ass better next time.

Who cares about exclusives? Just look at the top seller list for every console

Always this get posted but PC doesn't make games anymore, what it remains are just old good games like those, now its all indie trash

Probably. I only see my PC as a tool, which, handily, plays videogames quite well.

Oh no I can't play the latest Uncharted, whatever will I do with myself.

Hey guys, do you remember VIDEO GAMES? You know, the thing this board is fucking about?

Why the fuck are you morons arguing about which piece of plastic plays your video games? As long as it plays video games who the fuck cares!?

HELLO? DO YOU GUYS EVEN REMEMBER FUN? FUNNNN? VIDEO GAMES. FOR FUCKS SAKE EVERYTIMEICOMEHEREILOSEMOREBRAINCELLS

if you seriously spend time arguing about consoles and pc or what the fuck ever you're a stupid person, you are legit, LOW IQ individual, and you're a fucking casual, and a fucking normie.

kys. Just fucking end it. JUST FUCKING END IT.

Id rather buy a flashcart over emulating anyday. Anyone who wouldnt is a fag

>it severely lacks the only thing that matters, games.
When will this meme end?
It has more games exclusive to it than any console (whether you claim theyre shit or not really isnt relevant, it goes both ways) and gets every big release that isnt a funded exclusive.
Its just bizarre to me that people can openly lie about such a hard numerical superiority based fact.

>Civ 6 coming out in less than a month
>hurr no new games for PC
The only way your claim is true is if you have arbitrarily decided that the only games worth getting are the ones that just so happen to be console exclusive

>being this mad

Why dont you go play video games you fag? Some of us are fishing for (You)s.

So if PC has so many games why do you rely on console ports and constantly beg for console games? Without third party console ports and console optimized multiplats what would become of your platform?

You obviously dont give a fuck about actual PC exclusive genres that's why most PC developers have gone broke over the years or have had to resort to kickstarter, that or they're greenlit indie devs who make indie games.

A large portion of these ''thousands'' of PC games nobody even plays, they're only used as a bargining point in arguments like this, I mean half of the ''PC'' library constitutes of emulating old console games which indirectly shows that PC users have a vested interest in console ip's, just not modern ones where they have to pay for them.

Board hasnt been a good place to discuss games in a long time.
If youre still here at this point its due to your lack of self control forbidding you from leaving.
Just like the rest of us.

>Civ 6

THATS ALL?

>People would probably be shitposting about amd/nvidia

So like now?

I meant they'd be shitposting about them even more. Now it's pretty minimal since consoles and pc wars are more popular.

>Its just bizarre to me that people can openly lie about such a hard numerical superiority based fact.

So according to this argument, mobile is better than 3DS/Vita because it has more exclusives right?

What about Catherine, Armored Core, World O Final fantasy, Nioh, Demon Souls, The Last Guardian?

What kind of the thousands of PC games come close to games like this?

No, but I'm not about to list indie games because you've already dismissed them for no reason.

Meanwhile the only console exclusive to come out this year that I am actually interested in playing is on PS3. And it's not even released in english until next year anyway

kek

>The Last Guardian
Any game that is actually released can beat a game that will never actually see the light of day

>indie games because you've already dismissed them for no reason

Maybe because almost all of them are straight up trash?, the last good one was ori, and it was for every plataform.

No.

>Maybe because almost all of them are straight up trash?
You mean like AAA games then?

>literally saying quantity over quality

You mean like Neogaf?

Oh wait.

>THAT'S NOT SOMETHING TO BE PROUD OF.

certainly but what people can do is respect the fact that a company has the capital to actually get shit done in this industry by funding and creating exclusive games. You call that holding it hostage because you probably approach this from the mindset of a poverty pc port beggar but to everyone else its business as usual since the 90's. Exclusive games are actually great for the industry and it encourages competition from other platform holders like Nintendo and Microsoft.

You really think FFXV is going to be trash?

>online communities set a dangerous precedent for overall societal change

you should get more fresh air, user; join the gym. Anything to get you out more

>I honestly hope I've offended you on some level
Sadly, I'm afraid, you have not. A large part of it is that I don't get offended by words on a screen or the ramblings of oversensitive little man-children on the internet as a whole, but LEAST of all on Cred Forums.

Seriously, without a hint of irony at all: go back to /r/wherverthefuck. You just aren't going to fit in here at all.

user, just because YOU don't play them doesn't make it so across the spectrum.

I have a PC and several consoles going back to the SNES. I've never had to beg for anything in my life. Until... today. I can't believe it's come to this:

I beg of you, user: fuck off back whereever you aren't so easily phased

>counter the original argument that consoles have more games
>hurr you're just saying you prefer quantity over quality
Then what was the original consolefag saying?

>PC doesnt have games
>What are you talking about, it has a shit load of games
>BUT WHERE ARE THE GOOD GAMES?

Oh boy, I guess Ill go sift through the thousands and thousands of PC games in an attempt to find examples that you personally will find of a greater value than the specific titles you listed as if thats even possible with games being a subjectively enjoyable experience.

Fuck you and everyone who attempts to 'argue' like you just did.

Do you really think otherwise? It looks fucking terrible, and every time we see new shit it looks downgraded

Cringe

>Giving a fucking more about graphics than gameplay

T-thanks pc

Honestly both of you are retarded.

They only thing you have is personal insults while you are denying the reality of the modern PC platform today. I bet you any money you have a five thousand dollar water cooled system. Deflect harder child, I will never try to fit in anywhere, and if circlejerking PC is how one fits in here then I will happily challenge the narrative and feed back the loads of toxicity the PC community dumps everywhere else on the internet on a daily basis. Fuck you and your PC hugbox, I'm here bitch and I am glad my opinions make you angry.

>What spurs it?
Being an underage faggot.

Yes, I do happen to care that a company can release footage of a game and then later release said game and it looks drastically worse.
I know that it makes me some kind of fun hating nazi, but what can I say.

I'm sorry but I'm pretty sure the only one admittedly angry here is this fag

>user, just because YOU don't play them doesn't make it so across the spectrum.

I Still play AOM sometimes and i play CS:GO, but the thing is that most of what remains are old games(the good ones).

Why do you think people is not interesting in releasing pc exclusives?

>I will never try to fit in anywhere

First sensible observation you've made entire thread.

>if circlejerking PC is how one fits in here then I will happily challenge the narrative and feed back the loads of toxicity the PC community

So, you admit to being new around here? Is that what this means?

I suspect a few of us suspected, to be fair, but reassure us.

>I am glad my opinions make you angry
since you have absolutely no way of proving or disproving this then go with whatever makes you happy, user.

It's worth pointing out that if one is easily annoyed at (ir)rational discourse on the internet then Cred Forums probably isn't the place for them.

>PC HAS NO GAMES
>but it's been going for about as long as all console generations put together. It has thousands of games
>B-BUT IT HAS NO GAMES AS GOOD AS THESE ONES
>except for all the genre-defining titles, technology pushers, classics in every top games ever list, etc
>B-B-B-B-B-B-BUUUUUT

Even if you go on going "BUT IT DOESN'T HAVE ALL THESE WEEB TITLES", all one's gotta do is point to the doujinsoft market, and you're BTFO with a literally historical force.

You like games on console? Great, I'm glad, there are a ton of good games on consoles, and I love lots of them. But in quantity, and quantity of quality, PC is simply on top, and it can't be debated in any context.

>Why do you think people is [sic] not interesting [sic] in releasing pc exclusives?

Because why would you if the sole purpose of the exercise is to make money? Why WOULDN'T you release to as many people as possible?

What's a more pertinent question is, with all these options, why wouldn't someone want to play on the platform that looks and, arguably, plays (i.e. controls) better?

But FFXV gameplay is trash, you hypocrite fucks.

>Because why would you if the sole purpose of the exercise is to make money?

This is literally how every company(no only in videogames) work. The only difference is that others are more jewish than the rest.

>why wouldn't someone want to play on the platform that looks and, arguably, plays (i.e. controls) better

Because its more expensive in the first place? You can get a ps4 for 350USD.

>But in quantity, and quantity of quality, PC is simply on top, and it can't be debated in any context.

I think you are highly overestimating the amount of good PC games PC has. I mean you're talking every single generation of console Vs. PC here. I mean I know PC has thousands upon thousands of games but let's be real here, consoles have hundreds of classics too

Xbox aint that good like you know thats kek kekkers or some other faggot who works for microsaft

>This is literally how every company(no only in videogames) work.

The other user (or you?) asked ME the question: "This is literally how every company(no only in videogames) work.". That was my answer: it's axiomatic.

>Because its more expensive in the first place? You can get a ps4 for 350USD.

Not being able to afford the best way to play the game in question is a different debate, I think. If you're passionate about the hobby then I suspect you'd drop the money on the PC; if you're a fly-by-night guy who just plays now and again then a console is fine.

Isn't the world of choice amazing?

>consoles have hundreds of classics too

which can be played on the same PC, assuming you don't have ethical issues re: piracy.

Consoles do certainly have many classics. Very few of which can be played on the latest consoles.
I think it's completely fair to compare library to library. Even if that means PC is at an advantage. Because that's literally one of the advantages of PC. Essentially infinite backwards compatibility, with a few exceptions.

Doesn't matter, not PC, console games.

You'd count Half Life and Portal as some of PC's classic games for example and that's fine, they are PC games. But if you're comparing PC and Console classics even on a numerical basis and dont take into account ports/emulation which really shouldnt be included, then dayum, that gives PC some serious heavy competition.

So you're trying to (un)subtly push the idea that "PC owners" (who may or may not also own other video game platforms) are cold and distant and therefore worse people?

I don't understand your point. Dumb it down for me.

Advantage, sure, to some extent.

I tried emulating skies of arcadia for DC recently and after hours of compatability issues, bioas settings, dci.gdi format confurtion, controller input problems, I ended up emulating the GC version and settled for the inferior music.

However if I had a DC playing the game would be plug and play

The thread isn't about console vs. PC it's about the userbases.

All I've got from the thread is that, literally and without any sense of irony:

OP is a faggot

My point is dont include console games as PC games, let PC stand on it's own merits and achievemnts and only compre it's original ip to console ip which is what I thought you were doing

This man thinks you're a complete and utter douchecock if you root for a game to be exclusive to your platform, and he's 100% right

I'm not actually talking about emulation here. I'm talking about the library of PC games that at some point or another ran natively on PC. That entire library is still playable, for the most part, on any machine that can also run the newest games.
Meanwhile like you say, if you want to reliably play something from the Dreamcast library, you gotta go out and find a console that hasn't actually been manufactured for years.

ok, let's see the PC stand on its own merits:

Credited as first PC game: Spacewar! 1962

so PC games have been around a good....54 years. I'd say PC has had a good run, and set to carry on just fine.

Longest running console? Anyone want to chime in?

>This post

I'd be lying if I didn't feel some glee when I knew a game wasn't coming to PC and was going to be exclusive to a platform I have invested in, naturally, but in general I agree, it's a false sense of accomplishment and pretty cancerous to root and be hapy about exclusivity.

Understanding the business practices and seeing how hey encourages platform holders to compete for the gamers dollar by forcing them to invest in appealing software is probably the only part about exclusivity that I can say I am honestly happy about. It's a good thing for the industry

Personally I never understood console attachment and company loyalty and I've been mostly a consolefag all my life. This gen is looking pretty boring for consoles so I don't have any yet though.

I only have attachment to the games.

>I'd be lying if I didn't feel some glee when I knew a game wasn't coming to PC and was going to be exclusive to a platform I have invested in
>I freely admit I am a child

That's not my point though, I'm talking about if you compared the best PC games to the best console games, who would come on top in terms of numbers? PC right? I don't know about it to be honest, consoles have a lot of games over the years too.

That was my point

>It's a "that one community is bad but the other communities are fine" episode

I don't understand how people can delude themselves into thinking Sonyggers, Nintoddlers and PCucks aren't all equally terrible. Xbots appear less bad because there aren't many of them these days.

It's an irrelevant point because unless you've been collecting these consoles through the years, you can't just plug in and play the classics from any console generation before the current one.

It's the other way around, actually.

PC Gamers will love their computers like they're their children. Most dedicated pc gamers will put a lot of effort, money and time into their rigs because they'll build it with their own two hands, and as such develop a connection to it.

Meanwhile consoles are just the cheap capitalistic alternative to this labour of love. It's for people that don't really care about games, they just casually play them. There is no investment.

It's like if you're sitting down and this guy is constantly bullying you, throwing shit at you, calling you an inferior person who likes inferior things then a girl takes your hand and leads you into a room so you can take your virginity while the bully looks onward in devastation.

Thats why exclusives make me feel happy sometimes but even I acknowledge that guilty pleasure of smugness isn't a positive feeling even

You really think that Sonyfags and Nintendofags are worse that PCucks? they get so fucking mad all the time for "low quality ports"

Even if you emulate them, they are still console games though, like companies own rights to the intellectual propety and shit and they are games from a specific console system.

What the fuck happened here

Thats a pretty fucking valid complaint especially when the things that get fucked up are things that you really shouldnt be able to get wrong if youre a professional game dev studio eg. The Dark Souls resolution cap and such that was fixed by Durante before the game even released it was that trivial to fix.

Its a shame console owners dont get more vocal about the shitty standard of performance on consoles today, then you might actually see some larger studios setting better performance goals than 30fps with regular drops.
Its god damn ridiculous that marketers have gotten to the point of making people think more visual flair is preferable to a stable game.

I have been meeting less and less people who act normal when it comes to the pc mustard face.

Most of them use the Master Race thing ironically.

The fire nation attacked.

>But FFXV gameplay is trash
It hasn't even been fucking released yet.

>let PC stand on it's own merits and achievemnts
Which are the ability to play a wide range of games. That you can emulate thousands of home console games is a striking addition to the achievements in personal computer based gaming.
You're trying to arbitrarily move the goalposts while fundamentally confusing the entire fucking point of what a pc or a home console means, in respect to video games.

I've only played on consoles and only ASCII and Indie shit like DF CDDA or Binding of Isaac on my steam powered, wooden PC-toaster.

I don't have any emotional investment in any of that. I buy platforms for their games.

>what is duscae
>what is a video of the gameplay

Timesplitters 2, Virus mode death match replay.

Yeah, it hasn't been fucking released yet.

Depends on where you live or are brought up desu.
Here everybody owns a pc, some consoles and nobody really gives a fuck. People are usually more upset if their console brokes or something because with pc you just replace the part but other than that.. nobody gives a shit.

You should stop pre-ordering games

> PC gamers are the ones bashing console gamers.
> Continues to bash PC gamers.

Yeah nice try pal. You obviously have a deep seated hatred towards PC gamers. You have to ask yourse where this anger comes from.

>pc hate any other platforms
>what happened when Nier Automata was anounced for Steam
yeah, we PC"""cucks"""" sure are a bunch of haters for having actual standards and not being poor, how rude of us .......;

I'm one of those "dual wielding" bitches who own a PC and one console every generation. This generation it's WiiU.

I think, that you have to look at it this way. For a PC-Fag their PC is something sacrad, something they put a LOT of effort into and something that they care for imensly. That's why they buy new hardware, mod the case or tweak the OS until everythingruns as it should as long asit can. They d this so the machine can perform as well as possible, so they can enjoy every single bit of games they play on it, be it emulated or "AAA". The PC is therefor just a slave, a well cared for slave, but still a slave.

A console-Fag on the other hand dosn't have the option to change anything about the machine, so they take it as it is and trust in the developers, that they will get everything out of it, as long as they can. for them the console is like a "player 2" which is always there and helps you have fun, but is shure as hell going to get old and become slow after a few years. This means, that a console that has aged to much and is replaced would never be thrown out like old PC-parts but is instead put on a pedastal to always be remembered and sometimes played for the good memories it provided.

At least this is the case for me and many of my friends be they console- or PC-fags.

>You obviously have a deep seated hatred towards PC gamers.

I honestly don't, I've already said it before in this thread, PC is one of my most beloved platform, it was my very first gaming platform and I hold it in high regard with nostalgia, but to see where modern users have taken the platform is what answer me. I still use my PC to play classics nearly every day, I have nothing against the platform, it's the modern PC users who I have a bone to pick with. I mean if they were like any other console user who just chills in their own circles talking about games and hyping new releases I wouldnt be here but they don't do that. They are hardware elitists like Nazis and Islam combined together.

For the "feeling right" feeling, I have actually never thought it was a joke or a meme at all. I thought that way before visiting Cred Forums.

People who use the phrase "just feels right" and shit like that just dont want the illusion broken. theres a social and physical status quo applied to what they love and they dont want any kind of pollution of that image.

its why ps4 fags excused mods on ps4 being removed. its why "online is better on xbox" even though its peer-to-peer on every system or hosted on some shitty server owned by the publisher. nintendo fags get this more than anyone else. nintendo will always have an untarnished image in their mind. thats why the apps make them uncomfortable, its why emulators are bad, and its only recently splitting between two groups (some nintendo fags realized theyre being played and are waking up).

pc users, this MAGICAL feeling doesnt happen so much. some of them tried to make games. or mod them. etc. theyve seen the sausage factory. they can love a game but they dont think its a magical perfect gift.

>Are console owners just more capable of emotional attachment than people with PC as their primary platform?
No. People who purchase a console do not become more emotionally enlightened or less emotionally stunted than people who do not. There are people who become more emotionally attached to their console games, although a lot of times this is a combination of sunk cost fallacy and the hype machine that console makers intentionally push onto customers - Steam, GOG, and mobile gaming do not have a marketing campaign pushing people to love that "platform" and revile all others.

Well, except Apple. And that probably says quite a bit.

>When talking about ports, for instance, it's common for a game "feeling right" on [console] to get brought up.
I don't see this point brought up, ever. It sounds more like a case of a particular controller "feeling right" either because the game was designed for the controller in mind or because the controller is more designed with that genre in mind than a generic keyboard. I mean, Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask just "feel right" on a n64 controller and don't on a Gamecube controller, thanks mostly to how the c-buttons work in that game and that the games were designed with the n64 controller in mind.

Also, note that people might say something "feels right" just due to familiarity. FPS games are unequivocally better with a mouse+keyboard than a controller, but there are still people who say that a controller is a better way to control in a FPS. This pretty much flies in the face of any sort of most fair comparisons made, but they still claim the controller to be the superior control method - because to them, it is the more familiar one.

Loyalty to corporations that don't give a fuck about you is the worst kind of stupidity.

Being or pretending to be overly attached to bad purchases is a well know coping mechanism.

Console owners are more emotional, PC gamers are more rational. It's like with liberal arts and sciences, PC gamers are smarter and nerdier while console gamers are more creative.

>console gamers are more creative
pffffft

>console gamers are more creative
Then why are PC gamers the ones who produce all the mods?

You just need to look at /r/masterrace and much of the gaming community to see its the opposite.