Another 50gb game

when will this fuckin meme END?

Have game devs ever heard about compression?

Are they so isolated from the world in their offices that they forget people dont have 100mb fibre internet?

Mnkind Divided takes 60gb hard disk space... worms takes 2 gb and it's 10 times better

Other urls found in this thread:

antidenuvo.com/
youtu.be/AGR4uKKFKJQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

#just pc gamer things

Who the fuck cares, the standard spinning disk is 2TB.

pirates win again. blackbox or corepack will cut the game size in half and remove drms' and multiplayer cancer

fuckin garbage industry

I wish I had fast internet so I could download and play games on the same day I started downloading them

But the uncompressed audio preserves the 0.0002% of quality that'd be lost if it was compressed.

That said I have like 6TB of storage in my PC and my download speed means 50GB is well under an hour, so I don't care too much. Also not an Americlap Canacuck or Ausfag, so no bandwidth caps for me.

50gb after being uncompressed, not downloaded.

>Worms
>2 gigabytes
how is this a good thing

metal gear solid 2 was 2gb and nothing ever came close

Audio is the problem. They should allow to select between compress or uncompress, 2.0, 5.1 and 7.1 channels, and a single language always.

Mafia III in compress 2.0 channels english audio would be 8Gb for sure.

Large games are an anti-piracy measure.

it is 2016, 50 gigs is nothing

I bought TLOU on psn just the other day and it was 48 gigs, all to be downloaded through wifi and from the slow as fuck psn server.

>2016
>No high speed internet
>No high cap ssd

I hope you live in a warzone or you are a poorfag since this is the standard today.

Doom 3 is 1.5gb

Its a shit game anyway

>Australia

Is it working?

Count as warzone, im sorry.

>ssd

Yeah,I'm not buying nor pirating them

yeah, my 8mbit internet is tired of this shit. Every goddamn game I buy is over 50gb. Fuck off. I'm done.

>they forget people dont have 100mb fibre internet?

Everyone have 100mb connection you poor village fag

What are you blabbering about?
Even my village-tier 40/4 VSDL has no problems with that.

I know right?
No Mans Sky was way less and it has 18 quintilian planets each with its own unique life

prison land, you are ancestor to biggest thugs living on this planet you deserve it user

compressed audio sounds fucking terrible
stop being a nigger

A 2tb hard drive is 40 fucking dollars now. You have zero excuse.

can you into decompression?

yeah i got 3tb toshiba drive last month, it was double than 40usd but still worth it

he wants to come back to times when you had to spend 3h of unpacking shit to install game

anything fater than 10mbit is literally not available in my area. It's ironic as fuck as we live in a rich gated community and just outside of it, everyone has fucking fibr. But everyone inside can't be arsed to "apply" for fibr. Apparently, our little shit village has to literally beg one of the major ISPs to provide it here.

fuck

It's because these piece of shit "story" games have like 3000 audio files of dialogue lines.

I don't get this.

It's only work if physical media is still a thing.

so does it have denuvo or what

>people dont have 100mb fibre internet?
In a rural europoor and I have 300/300mb. I can't believe that first, rich and awesome countries like US or north europe can't have this too.

Maybe the devs figure game that takes more space is seen as more valuable by the consumers.
"which game has more content, the 30gb or 50gb one? Well clearly the 50gb one, lets buy that!"

>game has a small file size
>look how small the file size is what a blunder
>game has a large file size
>another 50 gb game what the fuck insert publisher or developer

Why would you live in a place without 100Mb broadband?

I really hope you don't have a data cap.

i could get 1000/1000 from 2 providers but i heard they are super unstable so i'd rather keep my 120/10 than fucked up shit

the memes never end. i have 30 megabit.... for the past couple months speed dropped to 15. after much talk my isp told me that the service says "up to 30 megabits"

kys

Not really though.

Pirates have seedboxes or fibre. I myself pirate large files all the time.

>tfw my country just got laws against this kind of behavior from ISPs

if an average AAA game's audio was converted from uncompressed FLAC or WAV or whatever proprietary format they use to something like 320mp3, you could save something like 10 or 15 GBs of space with minimal loss of quality. So much fucking voice acting and sound bits everywhere add up

or better yet, on top of that, use less prerendered cutscenes and do more stuff in engine, 720p or 1080p video files take up huge amounts of space

>tfw my country is being run by the corporations so they can get away with monopolies and tricksy shit like speeding down

please respond

>people dont have 100mb fibre internet?
boy it must suck to live in the 3rd world.

25mbit here life is suffering

it regularly drops to 12mbit or lower because shit australian broadband

no debuvo . anyway denuvo bypasses cost $1.50

if u cant afford that i suggest you kys

srs kys

>paying for piracy
it's like i'm really on a slav sunday market

Very few people are interested in pirating it to begin with so most people simply dont care wether it has denuvo or not.

where the fuck do you get these mythical denuvo bypasses
I have human revolution sitting waiting to go but I have no idea where to go to do this shit

antidenuvo.com/

just be aware of sellers installing keyloggers/viruses via Team Viewer only accept offers with login:pass and steam guard activation

>paying for piracy

>implying I let some russian fucker mess with my system
not playing it is

Why?

I want the best. Why downgrade games for everyone? You may not care about 1080p cutscenes but I think they're gorgeous. And pissing of the people who invested a lot of money in home theatre sound setup will get game devs a lot of negative feedback.

And when 4k catches on file size will be even bigger. We can never go back, only forward.

1.50 bro. how FUCKIN POOOOOOR?

Only retards complain about the first one.

The greatest game ever made, Cave Story, is a whopping 5MB, and it has better art than most of these AAA attempts at realism.

Look at this third world person and laugh

No wait that doesn't work because even third world nations has good Internet, look at this Anglo and laugh.
oh so you're delusional, should have just said so.

that's why i said don't bother with them, other half will just give you login:pass with steam guard activation and you can play just fine, there are plenty legit indians selling those accs

look for dude on skype called "sagar (FIFA 17 Available-3$)" he sold me deus ex MD with just cause 3 and batman ak for $3 and it still works

If you can't afford $20-$60 for a game, you should also kill yourself, because you're obviously underage.

that's better.

you can still have 1080p cutscenes, just make them in engine and let the game run them, hell, using in engine cutscenes makes game future proof, you can go as high of a resolution as you want and the game will still render the cutscene properly

also there is no difference that the human ear can hear, even with a surround sound system blasting your ear drums out, that can be discerned from properly made high bitrate compressed audio compared to uncompressed

how does this shit actually work? do like compile the crack for each system anew?

>delusional
???

That's exactly how it works.

>everyone lives in US and can afford those high prices

ok, $20-35 isn't that bad but more is criminal, because most games are dogshit

PS i bought forza horizon 3 for $100 last week and having shitload of fun

you destroyed your $1k pc for forza 3...let that sink in

>win10

lol no, you just login to his account, download game and if no more than 4 people used denuvo activation in 24h then you can play instantly, if not then you have wait 24h for 2nd bunch of activations for 4 people. If game is brand new you will have to wait few days so i'd recommend buying only older games like week old at least. I had to wait 4 days to play Deus ex MD on his acc. Cuz he shared his acc for 15 people and they were just quicker.

>what is a mostly offline 2nd partition?

crysis 3 is 14 gigabytes.
console AAA games have cause artificial progression with uncompressed files because of the 1.6 ghz CPU in the ps4 and xbox one

gtx 1060, i5 2500k, ssd, 3tb hdd, 12gb ddr3 ram. Ok fag

nope thats family sharing....and then there is offline activations (no limit)

ok, so it's account sharing, k. i've read about another method a few days back.

oh wow you will go from 50 gb to 48 gig

Good for you

wow thats bad

it's not family sharing you deep shit you can't play it on your account but on his acc, and like i said there are denuvo limit for 4 activation/24h

holy shit I must have seen this 100 times but I just now noticed that the dude kneeling on the ground is unscathed by the grenade

so what you're saying is that you can only launch the game 4 times per day? that doesn't seem bad

You've never played a Final Fantasy game have you?

youtu.be/AGR4uKKFKJQ

Fucking eastern europeans and third world monkeys paying for piracy

If you have some patience you can pick up a game for 30 dollars/euro a year after launch. It'll be fully patched too.

>paying for piracy
You truly are a top kek.

no i'm saying - you have to activate game only once (unless you change rig) and you can play at any time, but there is limit that only 4 people can activate game to play it every 24h

what about the cutscene contradicts what I said?

the total space that the model, textures, and animations would take up would be far less than what the movie does. It definitely wouldn't look as pretty, but it would save tons of space and you would be able to upscale it without it looking like garbage when emulators or some proprietary sony tech comes along

b-but id o have 100mb fiber internet

yeah but 95% of new games aren't even worth paying $5, this year only overwatch, forza horizon 3 and witcher 3 dlcs were worth paying, rest was dogshit even doom was super dull i'm glad i bought acc not paid $30-60 for this shit

Not him but I didn't pirate new doom because it was so big. And mafia 3 is almost double the size so I won't bother with that either.

I'll buy both mafia 3 and doom 4 when they get 75% off sales.

>being a digital cuck

lel

what'll it be Cred Forums

prerendered cutscenes
dialog files in 6 languages you don't need

or

MEGATEXTURES

protip user: physical blurays and cdroms install the game to your hdd as well

Yes and i can play most games on my PS4 in less than 5 minutes after putting the Blu ray in.

no denuvo for this crap ?

Gears 4 is 73 GB

>tfw just bought a second 500 GB SSD
Just in time.

2k haven't jumped on the denuvo bandwagon yet.

that's ridiculous

titanfall was like 66 gb unpacked

oh boyyyyy . gears 4 was 8gb on 360 and it looked like an x1 title

It definitely wouldn't look as pretty

Exactamundo. People want games to push boundaries.

Most gamers live in first world countries and have disposable income anyway. They're not bothered by a 50Gb download.

Don't expect a good game

I think that opening cutscenes are fine as they are, they make a good first impression for people and look pretty

the real problem is cutscenes in the middle of games that could easily be rendered and look good on the in-game engine yet are pre-rendered and take up tons of unnecessary space, take a look at Valkyria Chronicles for example, a 5GB game at most bloated to 20GB because 3/4 of the cutscenes are prerendered, they're even on the in-game engine, just prerendered and put in a video, it's crazy.

it's also a matter of physical storage as well, if a game was smaller due to stuff like this, games could be produced cheaper with smaller capacity storage devices on consoles and handhelds

>braindead ai AND bullshit vision to see people through walla

this game really has it all

I thought you high end pc buyers wanted good graphics.

Now you complain about storage requirements.

pathetic.

Wow Mafia 3 looks like utter shit.

I never played the first installment of the franchise. Played Mafia 2 on PS3 back then and was blown away. So much authenticity, charme, fun fistfights (unlike GTA) and that fucking ending, my jaw was on the floor for hours. Really, it was rad for me.

Mafia 3 looks like shit. No Italians, shit AI, shit driving, shit shooting, cringy story and on top of that you're a nigger. Jesus Christ why would anyone buy this peace of shit on release?

Why are you playing Negrafia III: The Drumpfening?

According to the devs Gears 4 will have options that are so advanced that a GTX 1080 can't maintain 60 fps, so it's future proof

Doom 3 BFG is 7,2GB

and the original is 1.5GB

please no bully

cute

he is just village poorfag ignore him

Both

You can thank Max Payne 3 and Rockstar for starting this shit.

>I'll buy both mafia 3 and doom 4 when they get 75% off sales.
But you'll still have to download them. Are you mentally retarded?

You mean games on the PS3 started this. Max Payne 3 had high res textures fucking everywhere and pre-rendered cutscenes, 36gb for it all was normal. MGS4 taking up 50gb was ridiculous.

I just don't support the games then. If the install is more than 25-30gb then I just don't bother.

Even though I was interested in Titanfall I didn't get it because of that fucking size.

And nowhere in those 50gb is ragdoll physics.

DUDE HIGH RES TEXTURES AND UNCOMPRESSED AUDIO LMAO.

No but seriously, it's a load of shit. The things that are taking up space barely make the game look better.

never, it's an attempt at antipiracy, because apparently devs never heard of repacks before.

want to blame someone? blame rockstar, they started it with max payne 3.

the uncompressed audio opens up a huge amount of cpu processing power

I work for the ISP. This is my work internet. My home internet (from the same provider) is 15mb/s. It sucks.
>That feel when you have all the speed you'll ever need and can only download shit on 64gb usb 3.0 pendrive praying noone @ work will ever notice

>inb4 they notice

It's been 2 years.

>go to some games convention last week like a complete faggot
>see Mafia III booth
>it's dressed up like an old-timey cinema, complete with trash cans filled with popcorn
>oh sweet, looks like they put a lot of effort into their presentation, I wonder what the gameplay is li-
>it's literally a cinema
>spend 30 minutes of my precious time watching 2K games boast about releasing some games, and then showing off Mafia III
>game looks like absolute dogshit, the protag can smash the window of a car and get in before any of the mafiosos a couple of metres away notice
>player can't aim worth shit, just spams healing items and shotgun until he brute forces his way through the level

I sounds like a pretty okay storyline, but I'm sure as shit not wasting my time on it.

yeah how do they even justify that?
>not future technology, game is in the 60s
>you are not an elite soldier with ""awareness"", you're some street hoodlum