pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8ymRN6cCd0I
youtube.com/watch?v=WX_LNe8V4FY
youtube.com/watch?v=1KvGd3hXgq8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

just look in the mirror

early minecraft was pretty neat

Pretty sure any post-apocalyptic rpg has some of that.

Sorry to kill your thread OP youtube.com/watch?v=8ymRN6cCd0I

my life is a game, and i'm getting played

Quest 64 is such a rushed and empty game that inadvertently gives an air of loneliness, especially when N64 fog rolls in.

This entire game I was hoping at least just one, not asking a lot, just one NPC to survive. One the rare occasion you would encounter someone, they would die. Very lonely game.

what isis uses to drive soilders into depression

Demon's Souls
Dark Souls games lost it all.

No Mans Sky

>Really want to play Panzer Dragoon Saga
>Costs more that a higher mid range pc
I'm so glad the Saturn has finally been cracked so I can finally play all those of games that cost a fortune because of asshole scalpers on eBay.

May they all die from painful testicular elephantiasis.

The Dig, the first Dune a close second

/thread

it´s not always a bad thing tho´....

good taste op

Fuck yes. It was sad to see Panzer Dragoon games consigned to history for a while because Saturn emulation was taking it's sweet time.

the mansion of hidden souls is pretty good at this too

ANY ACTION ADVENTURE GAME FROM THE PS1/N64 ERA.

Disappointed in all of you

what game?

filename

>being retarded

Battleborne

You're going to say I'm trying to start shit, but World Of Warcraft after Wrath came out. Once they started implementing phasing, the magic went away. It went from an MMO to a pseudo-singleplayer experience where you would only rarely see other players.

And then there's starting a new character where you realize how much of the world is just a fucking ghost town. It's depressing.

playing minecraft alone makes you feel very isolated in my opinion.

underrated post

Ecco: The Tides of Time

i've seen minecraft servers with more people

>Very lonely game
It would be SO MUCH better if Kendra and whatshisface negroid wouldn't spam your intercom so fucking often.

Half-Life 2, specially the buggy parts where you see the emptyness of the world

Ma niggah
One of my favorite game ever, I'm fucking hyped for the remake.
Maybe we'll finally have a sequel if the remake sells well but I doubt it unfortunately.

Also the ost was fantastic.

>tfw no jrpgs where you play as a solo adventurer, or with just the mc and heroine as a power couple taking on the world

Can anyone recommend me one?

Any STALKER game

>inb4 "There's shitton of people"

Because there are, but they're mostly copy-pasted NPCs who say a few lines and don't really feel human. Compare Fallout for example, which usually has a handful of characters who feel unique

>it took 40 posts for someone to mention Metroid Prime or any Metroid game for that matter

really makes me laugh

You should test to see how the saturn emulation is currently.
That SSF emulator is still being worked on, and there is a very recent test version of this very month.
Sadly i can't test it because my videocard can't into DX11.

>remake coming in march 2017
Noice, I thought it died when they didn't raise enough from kikestarter.

Cradle

>my videocard can't into DX11
where the fuck did you get that computer
a thrift store or a museum?

Dear Esther

DayZ
No pun intended.
Nothing comes close.

Metroid Prime kind of feels like Quake 2 in that sense, you enter supposedly active bases occupied by enemy forces but they're quickly wiped out and what's left is a desolate, alien planet. Also industrial tubes/crates

Kotor 2, especially prologue

What would you expect with Cred Forums? A large chunk of the people on it now were probably not even old enough to remember the release of a Metroid game outside of Other M or Federation Force.

The early PS1 Tomb Raiders always had an eerily lonely feeling. It felt like you were actually stepping foot inside a temple no-one had entered for hundreds of years and if you were to die there it's likely no-one would find your body.

6 years ago.

First Tomb Raider is best Tomb Raider.

Subnautica. I really like how this game tricks you into thinking there might be other survivors. I hope developers will add human corpses in future updates for maximum despair.

Sort of a weird opinion here, but I've always found the original Ace Attorney to be a somewhat lonely game, especially compared to the later series when there are so many characters on your side it feels like you're always going to win.

The first game is just you and your spirit medium friend who can sometimes channel your mentor to give you 10 minutes of help. No one is on your side, in game lore has it that DA's are awful people who defend criminal scum so that's always a nice touch, you're a rookie with no experience beyond a year, pretty much all your cases have some sort of heavy meaning to you that you can't lose, and have heavily stacked against you. Case 1-2 and 1-4 especially.

While there's no real feeling of desolation, investigating areas that are always empty besides a possible character sprite showing up once or twice while Opening 2001 plays always gave off a lonely feeling to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=WX_LNe8V4FY

Definitely was the most eerie and atmospheric of the games. They tried to recapture it for Anniversary but they just made a solid adventure game instead. The color palette and awkward PS1 textures/lighting just made things creepy.

Tomb Raider 2 was all about the adventure. 3 had very little to do with tombs at all, and 4 was all over the place.

>Restairant

Any game where the only sound you hear is your own footsteps can be considered lonely.

I love the Metroid franchise, because they're some of the best at making you feel like you're exploring an alien world. Or in Fusion's case, an abandoned, desolate space station. Some of the best sci-fi locations in vidya.

Sad but probably true.

That's part of the reason why it's so good. You gain their respect and it they change their attitude towards you.

Your post is making me sad.

Meh, they kinda have to keep checking in a situation like they were in.

I disagree, because the rest of the world is so barren, even the 1 liner NPCs feel alive when you get back to the hub
>Playing CoP with MISERY
>Barely afford a double barrel and some radiated meat with the cash I brought into the zone
>Go out to do to loot, shoot a couple of mutants on the way
>not even worth the bullets I spent on them
>skin them and go back home
>sell all my loot which barely gets me a few rounds and a can of beans
>sit around stalkers, listening to the one playing guitar as I eat my beans and wait for the emission to end

Alien: Isolation.

Kind of not fair though because those are the emotions it's intended to produce, and it does them very well.

even my ancient bucket full of nuts and bolts can into dx11
also ~5 years old

>cover has 2 people on it
>travel majority of the game meeting NPCs that die shortly after

>forgot pic

Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne

Tfw i have an amd 6410
R5 dedicated graphics how do you do it user

I'm still sad.

Play Ace Attorney 6 my friend, the Khurain sections do a great job of recapturing the hopeless Phoenix Vs The World feeling. Won't spoil more.

Body harvest is what got me into rockstar. Loved that game. Really felt lonely, very much like a real alien invasion.

I've never thought about it before

>oh here's my navi-
>wait what
>why
>WHY

>/threading your own post

Fuck off newhole

Fuck yeah! Between the Pathologic Remake, and the Outcast remake, 2017 is going to be an amazing year!

Someday i get cash to get a machine that can handle dolphin at least.
Well, Wii, because this machine can actually handle super mario sunshine.

I can't help you OP, I avoid simulators.

kek

Now go to the other AH during prime time and take a screenshot.

Fuck off hipster.

DooM 64

>Humans want you dead, because you look vampire enough
>Everything supernatural wants you dead, because you're ruining their perfect world
>Everyone you talk to vanishes for some odd reason
>Your only companion is a spectral sword that rapes your essence once it gets riled up even a bit

Exactly. In the original game it's just you, Maya and Mia occasionally. Gumshoe is on your side by 1-4, but even then it's a mutual cause kind of deal.

Already finished it. While I will say it has a similar feeling, it's still doesn't compare since you're already a pretty established attorney at that point and know what you're doing. The DCA doesn't seem that bad, until you're Apollo, and by then you've got Phoenix to help you out.

this.

>monsters everywhere
>a big lonely world that you can literally get lost in

it's a damn shame that minecraft got so popular that everyone seems to hate it. it was and for the most part still is something pretty special.

shit's way too easy with proper controller on a white man's platform, even on hardest difficulty

Good on you for not hating it on knee-jerk just because it's popular or the fanbase is shit. I feel the same about Minecraft for the few days, and then I feel like everything I see is gonna be more of the same

Super Mario 64 is legit the most alone I've ever felt in a game. Think it was the lack of NPCs in the castle coupled with low draw distance. And also the fact that the paintings feel like alternate universes that don't impact on the castle.

Does anyone miss this kind of thing. Used to be common, even in something like Zelda you could feel like your on your own doing your own thing. Hell even Pokemon.

Now games always give you buddies who are constantly badgering you and making funnies.
There's little sense of isolation.

this game is a fucking master piece

reinstalling rn

Raziel stabbing Raziel with Raziel

How about you shove a cattle prod up your asshole you son of a bitch

This. Shame the game was so shit though.

gottem

>he's too young to remember a wow with both SW AHs full.
>he's way past too young to remember when it was SW and IF both full.
Fuck off young people!

SM64

PSABR

Dragon Ball Xenoverse

Came to post this.

Also Morrowind

The theme song was also absolutely fantastic. Teshima Aoi is a treasure.
youtube.com/watch?v=1KvGd3hXgq8

Then you never made it past the first level.
You spend 80% of the game with a companion and the other 20% trying to find him.

nah, he gets captured at the start and is only with you in couple of levels closer to the end

No Man's Sky

Mmmm outcast. The closest we will ever get to a Stargate game.

>trust nobody, not even yourself wielding yourself

Instantly thought about this when I saw the thread. I never managed to ebat it as a kid, though. I've never even gotten further than Java.
Maybe I should try playing it again one of these days.

Honestly surprised nobody's posted this yet

I want to buy a new Wii game for my collection and I was thinking about either this or Sakura Wars.

Myst and Uru.

>being retarded

Unironically

Fallout 3, once you've completed the whole game

I've already been here
I've already talked to you
I've already heard all this

It never ends

Hard mode: no games that achieve their sense of loneliness by having a fuckhuge world with N O T H I N G in it.

I agree

I hate playing it in Singleplayer for that very reason

wish they would release on PC and consoles the remakes they've made for android. I loved the OG tomb raiders, and the PC versions on steam are too busted to play

just play anniversary on pc

kek

>Instantly thought about this when I saw the thread

Same, it's because of the OP image.