Battlefield 2142 Revive

You can play Battlefield 2 and 2142 again.

Just sign up here,

battlelogINSERTAFUCKINGDOTHEREco/

get their launcher. You can download it all with all expansions for free and you can play it and there's a bunch of full servers right now. Also from what I've heard, they talked to EA and EA said it was ok with them because it was all completely dead anyway.

Also Star Wars First Strike mod has a bot-server right now.
Just get 1.6, install in your 2142 folder and you can choose to launch it instead of the Vanilla game on the Revive launcher.
moddbINSERTAFUCKINGDOTHEREcom/mods/first-strike/downloads/first-strike-16-full-installer

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cosc-RO_oMg
steamcommunity.com/groups/2and2142Thevidyarevive
youtube.com/watch?v=2MgNMJum7gM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

HOLY SHIT FIRST STRIKE IS BACK ASWELL?!

Is there any way to toggle crouch in this game? This is killing my pinkyfinger.

why do you have to be fucking obnoxious?
Why can't you just type [dot] like a normal person

would also like to know this

AYO HOL UP

They're looking to do more with it, but right now, there's one server that's running the bot-mode they made when the game was dieing down.

S-sorry.

>BF1 kind of has a Titan mode with the blimps

>The blimp armour is destroyed, jump using the catapult tanks to board it.

won't help that garbage game either.

Battlefield nowadays has fundamentally lost it's way, playing these older titles has shown me that.

I was fucking giggling when I got to launch this game up and play titan mode. Was absolutely wrecking bitches with stolen enemy assault kits. Fucking rubbertoy Krylov is as good as I remember.

I love this shit so much. My only problem is that horrendous lag spikes tended to strike sometimes and make it impossible to hit shit. And I have 100 mb connection. I still love it and would suck the dick of the guy who revived this. Bf 2142 is one of the best multiplayer shooters, up there with soldier of fortune 2 and planetside 1.

how's the online servers? where are they located?

i had a craving for 2142 the other month but was devastated that the game was shut down.

>installer fails to run

lol

EU/US/Asia/AUS as far as I know.

oh nice

I had to try two or three times. I think their servers have trouble responding sometimes.

>Bf1 is getting near
>Mostly playing 2142
Holollipop, i should join too
>Got Asia server too
Fuckkkkkkkk

same

Did 2142 have the awesome commander system?

Artillery strikes, EMP strikes, UAV, SAT Scan and supply drops.

Nice laggy ass servers, pointless.

> Used to be among the 5 best players of any server back in the day
> Try to replay my favorite BF since it got revived
> Get utterly wrecked
Fuck. Either I lost a lot of level, or the playerbase really got gud.

what country you playing from phamalam

doesn't matter when the green eu server and the red us one produce the exact same results

well it would make sense if you're playing from aus/nz

No, that would mean I only have red servers.

why is the BF shitstain called 2016 with the glorious 2 packed together?

>don't do something for years
>still expect to be good
lol

It's not like I gave up on FPS or even Battlefield.

BF2 and 2142 have an odd feeling to the guns. The spread is insane compared to modern shooters and the movement is quite different too.

>being a BR

Sucks to be you.

how the fuck do i shoot the assault rifle?

Because they're supposed to act like real guns, and not glorified airsoft toys like in CoD.

BF3 did some cool shit with the maps and vehicles, but where it failed miserably was trying to make the gunfights more like CoD.

kneel down and burst fire

In short bursts and with proper aim.

i just tried it out for fun but holy shit the game aged badly, not the graphics i mean just the gameplay

why did we used to play this shit?

Time between bursts?

>i mean just the gameplay
It rewards proper positioning and teamwork. You can actually entrench yourself and stuff. You don't just run around in a circle like a retard while the spawns keep wandering.
Play COD or modern Battlefield if you're looking for that.

>listened to Cred Forums
>unlock that heavy assault rifle
>cant hit shit even with burst or single fire
>go back to stock AR
>killing everyone

Lambert > scar/krylov > voss/baur

Always always have the under barrel shotgun.

1.8seconds Did you seriously fucking ask this?

Git gud. BAUR is fun. Though it's probably the only gun where switching to single fire makes sense on distances.

how do I get BF2??? The installer doesn't work and torrent only has bf 2142

I dunno, I'm bursting, I'm spraying, the only bullets that hit are the first couple.

Wanted to know if I should space bursts more.

try irl shooting, it's easy af and bullet actually go where you point them

>The installer doesn't work
Keep trying. It just started working for me at some point. You need the launcher to play the game anyway, so no sense in trying to work around it.

so just keep downloading it and trying?

The game keeps crashing on startup for me, what should I do?

how do i git gud at bf 2142?
im outta depth here

I think it's the movement which has ages a bit, but the gunplay, tactical style is still fine and the audio design is still fucking top notch, (audio being great but messy in bf3/4 as well).

But the movement is a tiny bit clunky on the default settings, the not being able to deviate from only forwards sprinting got me confused for a second, but I haven't played many fps in a while.

It honestly depends on range and what not, the BAUR is quite hard to use I found and te voss has no range so I always stick with the default AR. short range just spray and hope net code is going your way. medium range, 2-4 round bursts to taste, repeat fire when or milliseconds before the reticle has reset, it'll take less than half a second for this, long range single/double shots and being careful, rate of fire is less important than aiming, predicting and leading shots.

>keep downloading it
You have the exe for the launcher right? I clicked it the first time and it gave me an error report.
I clicked it a minute after and it gave me an error report.
I clicked it two minutes after and it worked and installed everything and everything just worked from then on out.
I guess it had some sort of connection issue with the server that resulted in that weird error.

But that's for me anyway, maybe it's just fucked on your system.

Yeah, that's why about 1 in 50,000 fired rounds find their mark in a typical modern day war

Naw, the cof resets pretty fast when you stop shooting.

You just need to get used to tightening up your shooting since you're used to years of modern FPS's where the recoil is tuned for console users.

Always aim down sights and kneel or prone before shooting.
That's pretty much it.

they use cover fire etc in war

Well that's because supressing fire is incredibly common because people just don't like getting shot at.

Unlike you, I've shot MANY full auto guns irl.

The recoil in 2142 is much more in-line with what the real world is like.

Even with a heavy ass PPSH-41, keeping the stream of fire 'on target' is more difficult than you'd expect.

so thats why i couldnt hit a barn

any tips for battlewalkers?

The game crashes on startup and I don't get any error messages; I'm even running it in administrator mode. What should I do?

How many people are playing 2142 right now before I install this garbage? North America wise.

NA is pretty dead right now because it's so late/early

but the EU servers are like 64(full) and 30something

I fucking hate and love BF2/2142 gunplay. Sometimes you just cant hit anyone no matter how close he is. But I really love how you can easly spray people in close quarters but if you want to kill anyone further than 15m, you have to switch to single fire.

I have fired AK, PKM, light machinegun (finnish shit gun) and M72 LAW

only thing that surprised me with it's inaccuracy was M72, the kick is also kind of a bitch, hit my nose on the sight with it

1. You're not as indestructable as you think. Keep terrain/cover in mind as you move around, it actually makes a big difference.

2. Those rockets, use them. Use them a lot.

3. Never be one of those faggots that spergs out if he gets a top gunner. Yes, there's a very slim chance you'll get someone up there that doesn't do his job right. This is a rarity though, as most guys who want to gun, are usually semi-decent at it. Give the fucker a chance, he may just surprise you.

4. There's a crouch and a sprint. Use them. They seem kind of superfluous at first, but they actually help out.

5. The EU walker is better at shredding infantry and aircraft. The PAC walker is better at fighting tanks and other walkers. Try to keep this in mind if you find yourself dying to one type of vehicle a lot.

Those rockets are considerably heavier than your average bullet.

Also the LAW's have always been pretty inconsistent. There's a reason they're being phased out in favor of SMAW's and AT4's.

Grats on getting to play with a PKM though. Seriously the best GPMG on the planet.

>download this shit
>install bf2
>join least laggiest server
>some infantry-only bullshit
>usmc has to cross a lake in boats
>keep getting blown up by random atgms from nowhere
>finally make it ashore
>spot some oblivious sniper
>line up a headshot and shoot several bursts, literally no hitmarker or anything
>guy turns around and insta kills me

nostalgia's a bitch, this game really is dogshit. fundamental like aiming and shooting don't even work properly

Does this have the same dogshit shooting of BF2?
The random bullshit spread on the guns is way worse than any game ever in existence.

>When the developer codes a recoil hack for every gun, then nobody has to know how to shoot! This is good game design guys!

Did I get meme'd on by you guys with the Baur?

you did

default AR is better, since its easier to hit people

is the heavy body armor worth it on 2142?
or does jack shit

voss for bros

It makes quite a difference.
Considering the only thing the other one only gives you a boost to sprinting, you should probably always use the heavy one unless you are running around with cloak or something.

well then back to action then

You'll get insta killed even faster if you don't have body armor. Just get the sprint upgrades early.

No. You just have to adapt yourself to the gun instead of the other way around.

Put it on semi, and use it like a standard battle rifle. It's much better than you think.

In fact, since this game was the last of the classic Battlefields, using semi on EVERYTHING is much more effective than you think.

I hated these games back then and I hate them now.

But you kids with shit taste who enjoy guns with less feeling than airsoft models have fun with this EA trash.

I just really hate the SCAR11, if I could run Krylov all day, I'd be a happy man.

How many shots to kill is the Baur anyways? 3-4?

Here, have a sympathy (you).

ANSWER ME

ur dogshit

git gud

Because in the vast majority of engagements you never actually see the people you're shooting at. It usually just revolves around someone spotting, or you getting shot at, and then your entire squad unleashing hell in the direction the cpl/sgt tells you to.

so its a yes then
the broken ass deviation is still in

2-3 if they're unarmored, like a cloaker or 'high speed, low drag' assault.

4-5 if they're up-armored and you aren't landing headshots.

Also, it really helps if you pack airburst rockets with the Baur and learn how to use them quickly. Guys will take a cpl shots and then cover up thinking they're safe. That's where the rockets shine.

Do I need to install one of the patches to get the game to work?

>My first Battlefield was BC2, and the only gun I ever used was the AEK.

FTFY, scrub.

Installer already has the final patches. You might need to try some compatibility shit, unless you're trying to make the game run on linux, in which case, you're on your own.

only ive played bf secret weapons, vietnam, and 2 for years,and i dont want to see that piece of garbage literal trash shooting system again
bc2 was the best one and the last good one.

I'm using windows 8.1, so I'll try switching compatibility mode on.

>I absolutely fucking hate ______, yet I played it for years.

Yeah, nice try kid. If you'd actually played BF: Vietnam, you'd know it was the least balanced out of all of them and also had the worst hit detection to boot.

You can go back to playing Blops III now.

>I'm using windows 8.1
why do that to yourself

ok tried both bf2 and bf2142

both are shit
basic aiming doesn't even work

That's what my pc came with and I'm too lazy to install 7.

I like your name.

It's fine, just ignore the elitist trolls. I run the game on 10, so it's most likely just a compatibility issue.

>inb4, "OMG YOU USE 10!?!?!?!?"

cause you cant get tired of anything, right?
cause you playing a thing 10 years ago means you absolutely want it again right?
fuck off

This.

Wrecking all these noobs is so fun.

Also
>Get in Rorch Rail gun thingamabob
>I have become sniper destroyer of anuses
>Proceed to snipe and get 20 kills before they finally figure out what's shooting them
>commander so buttblasted he keeps sending Orbital strikes and EMPs on my poor rail gun.
Fucking love sniping with the rail gun, especially since when you hit a soldier they can't be revived.

Have you used a pc with a proper os ever in your life?

>my pc came with
god why did you buy a premade, jesus christ how much did they rip you off for

>can play 2142 again without directly supporting EA
I have to admit, I'm a little tempted.

>that name
I'll take an honest shill over one trying to bullshit their customers any day.

The aiming works just fine.

You're simply one of those scrubs that thinks aim should be the only factor instead of aim AND control.

I'm glad game devs ignored people like you back in the day.

Do you mean from an emulated server perspective not being faithful to the original? or that the games as they were designed were shit?

I think he means that bullets dont go where the sights are pointed, and instead curve like its fuckign fortune in metal gear 2.

Have you ever been able to ignore something you've read on the internet in your entire life?

It's a laptop

I've tried all of the compatibility modes, but none of them worked.

OMG YOU USE 10!?!?!?!?

>I'm glad game devs ignored people like you back in the day.

I'm sad they started listeining to people like him with bad comapny.

This gun play, while not perfect and slightly annoying really shows who's a good player and who isn't

is the aim off for that thing?

like it shoots slightly below your crosshairs?

Do you have a firewall blocking it or anti-virus preventing it from running?

But bullets DO go where they're aimed in this game. You just can't mag dump 30 rounds into a target the size of a grapefruit at 100 yards like in modern shooters, so dumbfucks try to say the system is broken.

yes, why?

I don't use antivirus, but I disabled the firewall and it still doesn't work.

The bullet comes out of the barrel, instead of the center of you screen, so you have to adjust depending on range, since i think it's zeroed in at like a 100 or 150 meters.
It's an anti vehicle gun, so when shooting vehicles the offset doesn't matter much, but shooting infantry is just so fun.

>tfw sniping planes with the tank gun

get fucked assholes

Bullshit, game has random spread worse than counterstrike, to counteract cheating back in the day, if you fire more than several shots it goes all around your fucking ironsight in an impossible manner

At what point does it crash? Does it go to the splash screen and then crash to desktop? Any error messages pop up?

Halo happened my fellow user, followed not long after by CoD4.

After that, it was all downhill for PC shooters, barring a couple of exceptions.

Get the torrent on their site, their ddl server is shit.

>I can't handle inconsistent bullet-spread patterns

You mean like how in real life recoil patterns are inconsistent?

yeah, PKM is the coolest gun I have laid my hands on

There are no errors, and I don't even get to a splash screen.

It will be just as shitty as BF4s

Because IRL guns have identical recoil patterns every single time you shoot one, right?

Every single one of your complaints boils down to, "I refuse to learn the game on it's terms and actually play it right, therefore it's a bad game."

Git gud, scrub.

Oh, you mean how when I aim my gun at 20 meters and bullets, instead of where the gun is pointed, go 30 degrees into random directions?
Oh boy guns sure are wacky!

Are you running it from the launcher?
Have you tried going to the source directory and running the bf2142 .exe manually?

That's very exaggerated unless you're using pic related. LMGs get more accurate the longer you hose the enemy down with bullets and the main assault rifle has an M16 3-burst very easy to control recoil pattern.

>I'm Too Retarded to Know How to Burst-fire; The Post

Baur or Voss?

I spent most of today playing it and had a lot of fun. Shame the teams are so often stacked and I get a lot of rubber banding.

Pro Gun or Noob Gun?

Both because they're built to fill two very different roles.

Running the exe directly showed the windows crash window.

This is a real bf game not a cod style shooter like new bf. Controlled fire, postion, movement, teamwork are very important.

I refuse to accept a system that is so inconsistent visually.
If you want to have retarded recoil and spread, make ironsights follow the pattern, and not stay in the same place while bullets curve around everything.

Krylov

Voss = spray and pray
Baur = single shoot/short bursts

?

Jeez man, you are pretty autistic.

Just think of it as an Arma game but because it's old the sights don't move.

Holy shit, you've never even been in the same room as a gun let alone fired one.

Kill yourself, idiot.

My download will be done in ~25 minutes, I'm on 8.1 as well so I'll see what happens
also
>not posting the full error text
it's like you don't want the problem solved, user

Voss = controlled 3-5 round bursts
Baur = single shoot/2-3 round bursts, constant fire mode changes needed, but rockets are stronger

I only play EU

Im always faction loyal. In Neotokyo I always play Jinrai. In RO only axis. etc. Guess im autistic

Oh are you going to defy physics now?
Kill me yourself if you are a god.

>I only play EU

Playing the the worst faction.

Voss = High ROF, high mag cap, but low alpha damage. Good for CQC fighting like on titans or in certain maps

Baur = Low ROF, Low mag cap but high alpha dmg. Good for fighting out in the field where engagements happen at much further ranges.

You should really be able to figure these kinds of things out on your own.

>it's like you don't want the problem solved, user
It's the generic crash window that doesn't show any details.

Have you DX9 fix for win10 and 8?

Ah, I thought you meant the app crash window with all the text detail of what broke
>mfw my download is still on 25 minutes

>You should really be able to figure these kinds of things out on your own.
I dont have the guns yet...

>2142 download 90% done with shitty dl speed
>downloader crashes
>no resume
>restart and it maxes out my connection

WWWWWWWWOOW
O
O
O
O
O
W

Just gtfo of here kid. You've proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that you know absolutely nothing about how shooting works in the real world.

Good thing there's a wiki that has had this shit outlined for almost a decade.

Too bad, fuck off

If you're a shitter who's worried about your bullets not going where you aim and you don't want to learn how to fire guns, unlock the shotgun and spam nades.

Is it just me or is the PAC tank just better? It can strafe.

The EU tank has to show the weak side armor to "strafe"

>Play patchy fan recreation
>die because your a retard who doesn't remember to crouch before firing
>Eat shit
>cry on Cred Forums

just torrent it nigga

Im trying to get an discussion going

What the fuck is the console command for sensitivity?
0 is not moving at all, 0.0 is too slow and 0.1 is too fast
i need 0.05 somehow

IS THERE CROUCH TOGGLE OR NOT??!

Everything PAC is better.

There's no reason to play EU unless you wanna rp as a nigger.

All the PAC vehicles are better, except for their air transport and buggy.

A well coordinated EU team can still shit all over them though, because EU has by far the better guns, if you take the time to learn them anyways.

Halo was 2001 user

shootan didn't get shitty until 2007, that's a really far stretch

The EU tank has better armour overall, while the PAC tank has a better cannon, but the armour is not as good.

>mongoloid slav squatter or islamic sandnigger
What a game

> EU has by far better guns

>needing crouch toggle in a game that unapologetically favors prone shooting above all other forms

Modern 'fps pros' sure are fucking lazy and stupid.

>toggle anything
get out scum

>install agent crashes two times in a row trying to download and install battlefield 2142

why

> not removing subhumans with his bratishkas

faggot

This, a Tiger with a designated repair guy on his ass will whoop any other armor in the game.

Personally I need crouch toggle, because I spilled beer on my keyboard and now when I press any other button on top of CTRL, my guy uncrouches.

But they do. If you learn how to semi-auto with everything, you will absolutely shit all over PAC players at range. EU also has the much better default rocket launcher, but just as it was then, retards refuse to adapt to the weapons they're given and instead just crywhine about them.

yo whats up with the world of warcraft in the register tab?

In that case, drop both those shitter guns and get a lambert.
Not to mention the hovertank is fast as fuck. I'm not sure about the top speed but IIRC it's easy as fuck to retain speed and never slow down

>2142 is back
holy fuck, i dont even care for how long this lasts

Yeah, but what I'm saying is that you almost never need to worry about crouching in this game when 90% of the time you can prone instead and be better off in all areas regarding shooting and cover.

You're basically only referring to the assault rifles, since "learning to semi-auto" doesn't really apply to LMG, sniper rifles, and SMGs.

And as far as ARs go, Krylov doesn't have an obnoxious scope and is widely regarded as the better AR, so I dunno what you're on about.

happened to me too, use the torrent.

I played this the last time 8 years ago.

I remember a UI mod wich fixed the chat and killfeed.

It made the chat window its own and the killfeed its own and showed the weapons and coloured your own actions, etc

I think it also had a points gained feed.

Does anyone remember it?
It should be included because its impossible to use the ingame chat.

>Battlefield game
>Using anything other than ARs, Shotguns, and Semis

are you a pleb?

>not cruising around in superior russian hover tanks
dude...

It's easier and cheaper than having a captcha window there.

the accuracy decrease you get the first 2 seconds can fuck you in the ass in a fire situation.

In a duel it's much more practical to go prone since it allows you to stabilize without sacrificing accuracy.

Also, sometimes you need to crouch to look over things.

APRISHNY
APRISHNY
PICHOVREKA
PICHOVREKA

>Go prone
>Deviation goes insane
>Your big white helmet is the only thing visible, so you just get shot in the head.
Wew yeah proning is great
Krylov is like the best gun in the game.

Read what the discussion is about, retard.

Whatever the fuck you might use, you can't just run in here and exclaim about better EU guns, when you're only referring to the AR, which ironically is much shittier than the Krylov.

Dude, the Bianchi LMG fucking destroys the Stukov. The EU sniper is also ten times better than the default PAC one.

You fuckers need to stop basing your assumptions about the PAC around that stupid fucking Krylov. If the Krylov is so great, then why are the PAC offered an upgrade at all?

I wouldn't have modded anything back in the day, because Punkbuster would've probably kicked you 10 times a day no matter what you did.

This is a pre BFBC2 discussion area. Guns not codifed yet.

>PAC offered an upgrade at all?

They aren't, they are offered a sidegrade.
Like all things.

Try running it as Administrator, Win8/8.1/10 is really particular about that sometimes.

How does aiming/spread work in 2142?

>thinking the Baur, Voss, Heavy sniper and Ganz HMG aren't direct upgrades

Can you please read the original fucking comment?

Some "pro" exclaimed about learning to semi-auto with EU, so as to shit on PAC, can you tell me what CLASS THAT APPLIES TO?

Let's see:

semi-auto with LMGs? No

semi-auto with snipers? No shit, what the fuck else are you gonna do

semi-auto with SMGs? What the fuck are you doing, son

The guy was talking about ARs, and the Krylov is OBVIOUSLY better, so fuck off.

And like the guy before said, who the fuck uses snipers and LMGs, get gud

But they aren't.
They do things slightly differently, but all they have their drawbacks in other areas.

> heavy sniper is an upgrade

it's not

> voss/baur

SIDE-grades that are slightly better in different situations, but not better overall

The question still stands

are you a pleb?

You stop you crouch or maybe prone depending on the situation, and you shoot in bursts unless point blank.

Is 2142 still a botnet?

Always aim down sights, always crouch in clutch situations and always prone when it's not so clutch.
Basically never shoot standing up and unzoomed unless the enemy is literally touching your gun barrel. Same applies for full-auto. Always burst or single fire at any sort of distance.

And if you were actually any good at the game, you'd know that a guy using the SCAR11 on semi will absolutely fucking destroy a Krylov user at all ranges except spitting distance.

It just changed the text and the colours.

Don't backpedal out of your cuckshed, m'virgin. Snarky little fuck lmfao.

I'd shit on you with the pistol.

I already tried that.

LMG´s get more accurate the longer you fire.

Always use burst fire with everything not lmg or smg.

Stance affects spread.

>oh this sound fun like the old days
>scroll trough thread
>remeber all the awfull shit
>cancel download

But the Krylov will just spew the entire mag into your skull, by the time you shoot 3 bullets with the SCAR.
I mean the fire rate on the krylov is much higher and the spread is the same on both guns, while the recoil is slightly less on the SCAR, still since you die in 5 hits, to the body, he can shoot 5 shots way faster than you can, at pretty much any distance.

No he won't. At long range the guy who gets a header and double tap to chest wins the fight and getting a HS on the Krylov is much more comfortable, because as already said the scope is not OBNOXIOUS.

SCAR11 a shit

This is another area where the EU guns dominate.

If the PAC could use the P33, you'd never see them using their semi-auto.

>Heavy sniper
not better at all if you actually now how to headshot
>Ganz HMG
Way better if you're sitting all set-up in a titan corridor.
Much worse if you ever have to move at any point ever to any degree.

What is the drawback of the zeller sniper?

Spoken like two retards that have never played the game for any length of time.

smaller mag for almost the same dmg

Nothing. Guys just like to complain about it's scope.

3 fucking rounds, all snipers are still a one shot headshot and a 2 shot body shot.
The zeller can cause a tiny bit of damage to some vehicles, oh boy what an upgrade.

> Krylov WIDELY acclaimed as the best AR
> some classic Cred Forums shitter runs in and tells everyone how he's special

slowdownloadfag here, mine finished, installed launched and I'm in a game right now. Sorry user

>You haven't played the game because i say so

Nice.

>the accuracy decrease you get the first 2 seconds
what
WHAT?

Any differences between the walkers? EU one looks better. Anything else?

>why are you obnoxious
>apologises by using obnoxious weeb stutter text

Dont just dont be a retard or go back to Gaia

Scroll up in the thread some. It's already been outlined for you.

The PAC armour i think has better armour, the cannon causes a lot more damage to infantry, and it's better against ground vehicles.

READ THE FUCKING WIKI YOU CUNT

>You can download it all with all expansions for free
Is that legal? AKA, is my ISP going to shut off my internet until I call them?

>this fov
instant migraine

Is Support's turrrrent any good?

Have you only ever played at launch?
That was literally the first thing they patched in because of dolphin diving.

When you go prone, the crosshair blooms up for a while before settling.

What shithole do you live in that thats a possibility

Yup, EA ok'd the whole thing.

Considering how useless most of the other unlocks are, it's good.

>ISPs trying not to get sued
Wherever, I'd imagine. America here.

But not on crouch right?

answer the question user

are you a pleb?

this
any way to change this? i feel like a hosre with blinders on

Source?

You didn't have to do anything to get it to work?

How do I unlock shit? I can only pick stuff I already have for some reason

for

c-c

cuu

cuck

c-c-c

cuckpedalin

>READ THE FUCKING WIKI YOU CUNT
No

We are having a talk about the game. I want the opinion of veterans not some autistic wiki warriors.

"Read X" "google Y" Would be the dead of Cred Forums and social interaction on the internet. I want to talk to you guys about the issues at hand.

Nope. Crouch is fine.

So if DICE ever give us 2143, how are they going to ruin it?

I LOVE BF2142

But it also has BF2:Special Forces, is anyone playing that? My greatest regret is not buying BF2 when it was popular and getting to use grappling hooks and ziplines.

In the menu

>I can only pick stuff I already have for some reason
as in i cant unlock anything besides the starting items that i already have
its all grayed out

>enable widescreen support
>change resolution
>black screen
Wowwww

> can't get a game to work

wowwwwwwww

>So if DICE ever give us 2143, how are they going to ruin it?

They'd make titan mode payed DLC.

leveling up nigga, one point per level, you better start get cracking

one of the devs said so in a forum post a year ago (granted, that was only relating to BF2 at the time).
It's been up for a while, quite popular and hasn't been killed yet so I doubt that's gonna change soon.

Also some DICE devs supposedly play it once in a while, 2142 is afterall their favorite.

Extremely low TTK
Everyone is special
Teamwork not needed
Commander is not needed
Frontlines will not form on maps
Spray and pray
All vehicles gutless without unlock grinding
Map design: giant fleshgrinder

I HAVE A POINT
I CAN NOT SPEND IT
ANSWER WHY

You have to unlock them in order, sadly.

If you want to just hold one spot all by yourself, sitting there with turret and shield in front of you and crouching behind it with gantz is fucking amazing.

Was it the director or producer of 2142 left EA after 2142, and you can read his tweets or Facebook posts, the dude is salty as fuck about DICE ruining BF after 2142.
He's also pretty salty about 2142 being rushed by EA, the game was suppose to be way more polished.

commander was a mistake anyway

It goes from bottom to top. You have to fill the "lines".

The first tiers are already unlocked. I think the original games didnt had that. But im not sure.

Alright, it's official. Everyone now knows, it's going down in the books. I'm writing it down that user in fact, is a pleb
faggot

What do you want to unlock?
Did you play on the Dethlok servers? They give you the first 2 of each tree to get you started, you don't have those on the other servers.

They do show as unlocked while you are on those servers.

in an unlock tree from bottom to top, the one that got high lighted are the one you can unlock

You have to unlock the already unlocked stuff again. They gave it to you for free.

No idea, you can't identify them for sure.

Heavy armor or light armor (infantry) ?

light armor only on cloaked recon

>EA said it was ok with them because it was all completely dead anyway
I can't believe I'm saying this, but holy shit based EA.
>EA is now better than nintendo
sad times.

The shift in focus in post BF2142 battlefield games is really clear to see.

Interestingly BF2142 was the last one they made before EA aquiered them.

how did they resurrect this? what other dead mp games need resurrecting?

Which weapon is the one that shoots multiple rockets? I'm seeing a lot of other people use it but have not come across it myself.

>how did they resurrect this? what other dead mp games need resurrecting?
So many. Lately I've been thinking about Red Faction. Hell, even Guerrilla's online was dope and it's dead as fuck.

I'll never understand why companies would rather see their games dead than enjoyed for free.

>Only US server has 9 people playing
>all the other servers are EU scum

>it's 10am

AvP2

271 replies
57 posters

Are we only allowed to post once or something?

even aus has more people playing

wtf

Isn't that just the standard rocket launcher for EU?

it's an unlock for the assault class.

its fucking early and a weekday faggot

It's almost like people are having conversations here.

Americans have shit taste in FPS, what else is new

>Extracting files....fall_of_berling.zip

I'm getting chills Cred Forums, so hyped to be back.

Fuck you got us. We are all the devs of bf2142 revive.

>it's an unlock for the assault class.
Oh that's what he meant.

And it's literally in this very fucking thread if you'd bother to look for it.

So in registration it says "what game are you registering for" and I can't select BF2142, but I can select BF2. Do I just select 2 anyways?

is the fov for this game 50? its unplayable for me.

ok

it's just a captcha.

At the top it says the account is for both games.

Okay, this was confusing as fuck.

Also spawn killing with vehicles is back... Feels fucking awful.
Other than that, if its infantry and light vehicles, great fun.

just select bf2

Most Americans are asleep or working you NEET fuck

They are at work

IS THERE A WAY TO TURN OFF THE AIM TOGGLE? please respond I'm on the Titan right now.

no.

not him but I work nights

may as well uninstall now and forget about it

Woops, I'm dumb. Thanks goys

>faction A is 1-2% better than faction B at something, while faction B is 1-2% better at something else in comparison
>"OMFG THIS IS SO IMBALANCED, WHY WOULD ANYONE EVER USE FACTION A FOR ______ !?!?!?"

Never stop being retarded Cred Forums.

Guns don't have spread in real life moron

That's because western battle dogma has changed, not because rifles shoot wildly.

youtube.com/watch?v=cosc-RO_oMg

Sure they don't.....

Yes, they do.
This may shock you, but firearms are not created equal and are damn sure no lasers.
They arc and they spread and while recoil can be controlled to an extent, it can never be fully tamed like some videogames lead you to believe.

>tfw people complain when factions are actually different

Can't believe anybody would rather have the amorphous grey blob factions the current battlefield games.

I remember loving Battlefield Vietnam because the factions were very, very different.

>that much distance between just two shots on full-auto

Man. No wonder Charlie couldn't hit anything except by accident...

I loved 'Nam too. Khe Sahn was the best.

It's kinda both. Even snipers sometimes miss when they do everything they're supposed to, and it's entirely due to the fact that there's just those instances when the bullet has a mind of it's own.

>can't join any open squads

Haha, it's just like my old battlefields!

You need to be alive.

what tips do you have for these?

also, is bf2 still filled with grenade spam? If so, I don't even want to play it since grenade spam makes the game unplayable.

It's an old game treat it as such.

>BF 2142 shitposting

I am so fucking happy, I love you guys.

but I'm already dead inside

Is there no fucking team balance in this game?
My team is getting stomped without a fucking chance

>join dethklok server
>instantly invited to a squad
>get invited to some guys mumble
>ask me right away, verbatim: "Hey man, can you walk?"
>"Motherfucker, I can Moonwalk."
>Spawn at missile silo speaking to a six wheeled dildo in Russian
>Giant Tadpole comes walking up to me
>Literal Mongoloid dressed in cosplay armor jumps out
>"Get in Moonwalker."
>Killed a cloaker, then died to a turret
>Best laugh I've had in at least a year

I forgot how much I missed this game.

>You can change fire mode by reselecting the weapn
>squad up for free points (faster leveling) and more spawn options
>drop pods do damage
>Revive more
>only sprint from cover to cover, stamina influences weapon spread
>Walkers have a weak spot, right underneath them is a vent that makes it a one hit kill with an engineer missile, will also take damage from guns
>air transport guns absolutely WRECK infantry, have an engineer on board repairing for infinite points

the assaults rifle rockets are airburst, when you zoom in it fixes the distance (indicated under crosshair). Scroll the mouswheel to increase/decrease and hit people behind cover.

if you fire them from the hip they explode on impact

Probably the best weapon in any game, even though they get very spammy

>only sprint from cover to cover, stamina influences weapon spread

Play Bf2142 for years.
Only find out about this now.

This game maaan, all these hidden mechanics.

It's a great fuck you to all the super leet sniper cunts.

>stamina influences weapon spread

Well fuck me, that why my aim was always so absolute shit

fuck

What am I to do while I wait

How do i get back to the server after going to the menu? I pressed escape on accident and i have the option to disconnect, but not get back.

Press escape again, bucko

press escape again.

But that closes the game for me...

>is bf2 still filled with grenade spam?

Only on the infantry-only server, from what I've seen. Which was always the case back in the day.

don't press the X on the top right. Just the escape button on your keyboard.

I only grenades spam in Titan corridor, Goddamn support is so much fun, the defibrillator and the grenade unlock are essential for the "Oh shit i can't shoot for shit but i want to be top 10 : Starter pack"

Anyone else have the hover tank issue where you can't look left/right/up/down? All I can do is strafe the fucking thing....

This is cool that EA are letting them offer it for free.

But can anyone explain why I recently had the BF2 collection added to my Origin library, if you can't play it in its original form any more?

I previously had just BF2 special forces in my origin library (I had the retail version of BF2)

Jack it bro

*paid

>there will never be new episodes of this comic

Yes. Thats how that works.

bl2142[.]co/post.php?id=19773&page=2

vehicle weaknesses for the new players

The fuck PK74 assaul rocket
wiping squads in one shot from cover

bl2142.co/post.php?id=19773&page=2

why the dot?

domain probably filtered as spam

getting one shot all the fuckign time...
fun game you fucks

no team balance
backcaping the main base and spawn camping is not punished
glad this shit fucking died

>running out in the open
>not using heavy armor
>running in straight lines

>implying

>no team balance
There is autoteambalance. Lacks an autoshuffle function though when teams get stacked

>backcaping the main base and spawn camping is not punished
Why would it.
It's a legitimate tactic, or have corridor shooters corrupted you so that the notion of "flanking" is so foreign to you?

spawn somewhere and don't be a retard then, dipshit.

main base should be untouchable
thats unanimous logical conclusion
back in the day on most bf2 servers you got perma banned for attacking the main base

Mainbases are uncappable except on attack/defense maps like Gibraltar. Notice how the attacking team has an uncap but the def team doesn't

>playing on pussy carebear servers
I bet they had "no ramming" in the server rules too, didn't they?

>thats unanimous logical conclusion

Why are commander tools destructible then dipshit.

Commando actions were always part of the game, I don't care what some no-fun-allowed infantry only no friendly fire RDX bunnyhopping servers set as rules.

Learn to defend your flanks or I will fuck your shit up and steal your walker, deal with it.

spawn at a different base fgt
Or play on maps which don't have that issue
Or just defend your main base better

they should really have given you a couple unlocks free to start off with, I don't really want to grind out grenades, sprint and defib again.

>losing through full cap on cerbere landing

it hurts so much

>kill 5 lads with muh lambert
>get into the base
>destroy some commander tools
>steal a tank
>get banned
>"n-no spawnkill pls"
all it takes is one crafty prick in a jeep to cap the back base and you're never getting that shit back

can you play northern strike maps? I loved the leipzig and port bavaria maps. Top comfy

All expansions

Caution though, at the moment the NS medals are disabled so you cannot unlock everything by only reaching brigadier general.
Don't know when that will be patched in.

At the moment you will lack 10 unlocks at the end.

How do I grind xp for unlocks efficiently? I hear knife+defib servers were the way to do it back then but there's no such servers as of yet

Be squad leader and put orders where your squad are fighting. Put down a spawn beacon as well.

play in a squad and follow orders, you get bonus points for that.
Revive everything.
Toss out ammo at chokepoint wars.
Tanks.
The APC's on urban maps, 2nd seat has an absurdly powerful grenade launcher.

It's easier if you get some buddies to repair you. If you do, vehicles are the way to go.

NO FUCKING SIDEWAYS SPRINT
HOLY FUCK KILL ME

Most of the servers I've played on so far have had them, though? The first tier of unlocks for all classes and grenades. Only one server I went into had them disabled and I went back to having nothing other than the ones I manually unlocked as I ranked up.

play titan mode, join a squad and plop ammo or health boxes down in each hallway

only the dethlok ones do, so be careful when you switch.
Had to play multple rounds without a defib because I was Rank 7 or something already and didn't bother with that tree.

What the fuck, 6 c4 charges cant kill a fucking troop carrier?

How visible am i with the cloak?

where and when did you blow them?

I cannot even steer where I want the tank to go. There is clearly an issue with my mouse.

It had an engineer inside maybe ???

slightly more noticable than the cloak shimmer in the halo series. best used to move from cover to cover at long-mid range. it's suicide to use it in a titan and you'll more than likely get spotted at close range.

planted them on his ass and pressed the button
what do you mean when?

maybe it had it's energy shield turned on. Don't know if it can protect from c4 but maybe that's it. I think normally 2 c4/rdx charges will kill whatver you want (although titan consoles might require 3, not sure.

you don't mean the goliath do you?
The slow one?

Why is the only game that got the cloak right was tf2, its fucking pointless not having 100% cloak, might as well not use it.

When I click Play Now it does not play now

I feel cheated

how fast was he moving when you blew them up and what were your and their pings?

a big box that drives around
i don't know what the fuck it is, looks like an apc of sorts

in all the chaos you normally go pretty unnoticed, it's one of my favorite upgrades.

stationary

So light armour for more stamina isn't just a meme, I knew I wasn't crazy for feeling like I play like shit with heavy armour.

All of them a big boxes that drive around.

is it a box with wheels or with tracks?

Please reply

i dont actually remember

well then either he was hacking, netcode shit itself, or he spotted you and activated his shields.

Hi

it's sooo goooooooooooooood guys, i can't fucking stop playing it

or you could not sprint everywhere, but yeah light armor dudes that round corners can insta headshot if their aim is good

maybe you didn't click it hard enough

Works on my machine

Saw "pajeet" a while back. One of you virgins?

cloak is really good for sneaking into the enemy's base and blowing up their assets and stealing their shit

Is snipers pistol worth a damn? I cant kill anyone with it, also knife is buggy as fuck.
Usually i get spoted by commander, or what i think is happening anyway.

use the lambert

theres a bunch.
Also saw "Bravonolan" a few times so Cred Forums is shitting the place up aswell.

It's a sidearm, don't rely on it.
If you wanna get close, get the Lambert.

EU pistol is good, PAC pistol is garbage. if you're playing a sniper in close engagements unlock the carbine.

the what? i just started

But I have to sprint to revive everything. Always had light armour on recon and assault,

Anyway, I love the maps with capable back bases, so cool when one team is surrounded and having them all fight out, having so many hotspots on camp gibralter and the thing city map (not berlin) is always fun for flanking. Although the initial meat grinder is so intense most of the time in a good way.

its a gun unlock for recon

>PAC pistol is garbage

Somehow i wreck people with it when they are at full HP and i have 25 HP left.

I think you are just shit.

also wow... i just seen a guy with cloak, its absolutely fucking blatant where you are, its not even remotely concealing

maybe I got them mixed up, all I remember is one of them was actually useful and the other was a piece of shit.

Because it's not meant to be a super special snowflake thing?

It's meant to conceal you at longer ranges, and it works very well on big maps and when there's chaos around.

It's not TF2.

Join this steam group so we can form squads n Shit together
steamcommunity.com/groups/2and2142Thevidyarevive

don't sprint when you're cloaked and it won't be so obvious.

does it change intensity of cloak?

this style of cloak only works if you can fire from it.

Both pistols are fairly close I found, spammy pac gun, or heavy revolver. Both need the upgrade unlock though. They fit a decent niche of being actual backup unlike in newer BF/COD where they can murder things easily.

Also the engineer smg are decent with them being inferior to all other main arms putting the engineer in a balanced place on the vehicle maps.

echoing the sprinting guy, being careful with the cloak and you'll hardly ever be seen. Just make sure no one has spotted and tagged you.

Note that the Ewar upgrades on all classes combine to make incredible battlefield information networks.

yes, sprinting makes you significantly more visible while cloaked. normal walking speed also lower effectiveness, but not as badly. if you want to be the snikiest of brikis you should crouch walk or crawl.

Yes let's give a class a certain addon that makes it completely OP just so user is happy.

The camo works good players are make good use of it.
I guess that's the issue the game isn't holding your hand?

yeaa but you stand out on everything
a blob of gray shit on any surface looks really obvious in a lofi game like this

okay thats slightly better

>completely op
>cant fire while cloaked
>uncloaking and getting a gun out takes time
so broken omg

The engineer guns are amazing in close quarters and aren't too shabby mid range, also they are even better once you get the mag capacity upgrade.
The EU SMG wrecks shit especially.

So how do I git gud with the lmg for support class. Anything outside shotgun range takes too long for my accuracy to become good enough to kill them.

Most of the time it goes
>spot enemy
>start shooting
>accuracy now good enough to hit them
>they turn around and kill me before I land enough bullets on them

crouch while shooting

I was prone

Well first by getting gud.
Second by playing smart and not run and gun.
Third the Gantz is more run and gun than the other two LMGs even though i think the other two are way more fun to use.

Does the lmg have a lower effective/practical range than the assault rifle?

crouch/prone before firing. doesn't hurt to "prime" it by firing a few rounds not at your target to get more accuracy. use the shotgun for close-mid range engagements, LMGs are best suited to long-range and point defense. buddy up with a sniper amd steal all his kills.

>The EU walker is better at shredding infantry and aircraft. The PAC walker is better at fighting tanks and other walkers.

Outside of the Reisig having the RPM to catch gunships stupid enough to fly low enough, there is difference between how the walkers behave. Neither of their main guns can actually harm other walkers, tanks, or APCs.

> tfw commander knows you're about to spam the chokepoint and drops a supply crate for the boys

the pac walker actually has a small splash of like 1 damage on its main gun

is there a way to set the resolution higher than 1280x960?

enable widescreen in the launcher

The launcher has a setting for widescreen support that's disabled by default for some reason

I'm playing it in 1440 just fine

>TFW yourrw flying the transport chopper full of people and you're being targeted by enemies
>TFW you successfully fly over one of the barely defended back points and everyone knows to jump out
>TFW you all make it out alive and you come pick them back up for round 2

thanks

What are the best settings to see people easier?
I guess shadows go first, what else?

> tfw commander spots the cloak jews trying to cap your back point and you squad up to wreck these mofos

Just because it's not a guaranteed win doesn't make it weak, you can still use it very effectively to flank the enemy team and drop a beacon behind them or go on to bomb their commander or even set up a decent sniping spot. It's not useful for being near multiple attentive player,

I forgot about the upgrade, although I don't remember that increasing the total ammo cap so you still have to be careful with ammo. But it still loses out to all the automatics as the range increases, close range it'll hold it's ground as there are many other factors in play there.

Cant even use it mid range to be honest, everyone spots me easily

They are less practical, but are better at range.
Positioning is key with them and suppression is key with them.
The EU walker can walk over obstacles while the PAC one can't.

I wouldn't even say the Bogatyr has an advantage of having splash damage. It only has more damage per shot compared to the Reisig, but the Reisig easily makes up for that by having twice the RPM.

Honestly, I'd say gameplay balance is great outside of the one or two underused gadgets and the Tiger just outpacing the Nekomata too much in stability.

>TFW you fly a sneaky back team to grab all the unmanned tanks and vehicles at the back point.
>TFW you scuttle the transport chopper to commandeer a tank yourself
>TFW you use and your squad use all these vehicles to take all the points and turn the tide of the game, destroying their Titan

>Tiger just outpacing the Nekomata too much in stability.

Nekomata is death incarnate in the hands of a skilled player.
That's the thing with this game and why so many fags here are complaining it doesn't cater one bit to noobs.

why the hell do I always get stuck on the team where nobody EVER volunteers to be commander? You're sacrificing orbital strikes and UAV and shit just because none of you assholes can be bothered to go prone every couple minutes, hit caps lock and help your team out. I end up having to try and babysit and I know I'm not gonna be as good at it

So don't bother shooting the lmg solo without backup from a squad?

Is the lmg meant to be used like an RL lmg and just spew bullets in their direction whilst the rest of the squad takes them out

guys got any tips for landing the walker rockets?

How do I make this cancer not crash when I alt tab
windowed mode does not work, the window gets offset

don't take a direct path. go slow, try crouching. move from cover to cover or go around. use your motion grenades.

Yup. That strafe is fucking good when used right.

I just restart when it crashes, good thing about a 10 year old game on a SSD is the pretty much instant load time.

cause its fucking boring to play him

maps are not that big man, im not going to make a huge uturn to get around one guy, id rather play some other class or just snipe him first

Why does this shit pop up every time I launch the game?

Just keep shooting really, since it works opposite of every gun in any game ever, where there more you shoot the more accuracy you get, means you will out accuracy them pretty fast, so just sit and spew bullets.
Then move because rockets will come to you soon enough.
The best thing is to sit a bit back, don't be the first around the corner and don't go attacking things on your own if it's close quarters.

I'd give it to the Nekomata in a 1vs1 knife fight between it and the Tiger, but good luck to the Nekomata if the its more than 50 meters away from the Tiger. The Nekomata is just too orientated to attacking at close range to make up its poor stability, something I don't like when confronting walkers or when I know Engies are waiting to pop me in the ass.

This makes me wish there was a BF2145 because I do appreciate certain nuances that the newer BFs introduced but fuck, the monkey paw is just being down right brutal.

if it's just one guy then do like you said and pop his ass. as I amd others have stated several times already, recon cloak is not meant for close engagements, it's meant for changing positions undetected or going around the back unnoticed.

gibraltar is life

because this is an old game that has CD key registration instead of DRM.

Because your CD-key is invalid! You won't be able to play online! Do you want them to re-apply it?

I don't know what you mean by poor stability.

>tfw their core is 1 rdx away from being dead
>you wall yourself into the core room with claymores
>you place the last rdx and pull out the detonator
>the enemy soldiers are just looking at you through the window knowing their powerless to stop you in time
>tfw type alah ackar in all chat and detonate
>tfw EU

Is the AA launcher actually good at taking out aircraft? It sucks getting fucked up the ass by gunships and transports and not being able to do much about it, but I don't want to spend the unlock points if it doesn't pose a threat to a decent pilot.

Mah fucking nigga

>JInrai and Axis in RO
ARe you me? Except your not since you don't play PAC. May I ask why you like EU?

I didn't have a PC when this game was in it's heydey and never got to play it. Would it be worth it to download and play revived 2142 as a complete noob? Or am I just going to get fucking destroyed.

How in the name of fuck do i destroy titan top AA guns, 18 c4 charges and still going strong

I think he means because the gun is in a fixed position that it's harder to aim when at an angle, especially when moving since there's often uneven terrain.

Just had three great games on Camp Gibraltar man this game is awesome.

Like BF3 and BF4, the Engineer's AA missile upgrade is just more of a deterrent for at least gunships. They don't have the same raw speed as actual jets, but the gunships are nimble enough to get out of your range and draw distance before you can land the killing shot with the second missile. GRANTED, none of the vehicles can differentiate between a lock-on or an actual missile, so you can at least make them use their ADS early then pop them once its down.

you don't.

Worth it, easy learning curve.

youtube.com/watch?v=2MgNMJum7gM

Dude are you saying the TIger is better than the Nekomata? I shit all over Tiger players all the damn time and I'm not that good

bullshit

I've never played this game before now or any other Battlefield game for that matter and I'm doing well enough.

Do the tanks not have any splash damage?

>get a lambert
Knife more useful.

Which is the designated Cred Forums server so I can spout memes with my bros?

Did anyone else use to plonk their sonar onto the side of their tank? Having the proxy sensor as an item is that much more fun than just having it as vehicle unlocks.

Their an absolute nightmare if your in a dogfight already

Stop shilling your shitty game here and I'll tell you.

>2016
>2D game

just end yourself.

Do i need to install bf 2 in order to play 2142?

No you dumd dumb

can I use my physical copy to install and point the launcher towards that or do I need to DL their version?

two US servers were full at midnight last night, deal with it you sperg

what if i have a hard copy of BF2?

do those servers still work?

You can point the launcher to your own copy, yes.

Cred Forums group when? its going to take awhile to download but it would be fun to play with a group of people

this game fucking rocks. why did I never play it before? I also enjoy the metal covers of the original BF theme song

HOLY SHIT IT WORKS
AND IT'S GLORIOUS

see

I FINALLY FINISHED DOWNLOADING

HERE I FUCKING COME

WAIT FOR ME BROTHERS

Am I the only one who prefers BF2? Nothing like squadding up on a large map and Sneaki Breaki'ing into the enemy base.

>c4 all the commanders shit
>c4 the tanks
>fuck it, c4 until your out of c4
>steal the enemy teams transport choppers and fly away as you ignite it all.

Still getting a blackscreen everytime a launch the game, anyone got it to work? Im on windows 10

>Call of Duty: United Offensive
>German weapons had high damage, especially the rifles
>American weapons had a bit of everything
>Soviet weapons had high fire rate
>British weapons were very accurate

Still the best CoD.

Why is my plane suddenly stops working and starts droping to the ground?

this is going to be filled to the brim with hackers very soon.

because it's not a plane.

On the attack helo, hold S to hover, let go to descend.

The transport holds height automatically and drops when you press S

>playing infantry only servers
>the enemy team is just zerg rushing from point to point as a giant line of medics
>see what point there going to
>SEE-4 BOYS
> run away from point and watch as flag changes and enemy markers cluster on UAV
> ALLUH SNACKBAR

>95 posters
>480 replies

Damn, the shilling is real.

VTOL, whatever
thats not it
i lose all control for a couple of seconds and drop like a rock
also what the hell does countermeasure even do

Maybe you were hit by EMP?

The only thing I hate about the main base issue is there will always be some little niggers deploying a spawn beacon in some hidden area, and you have to find and destroy it while they find and destroy you. You also have to hope that other enemy squads won't take notice that some of their team is on the enemy HQ, and they do the same. All the while the little fags dropping out of the sky and stealing your vehicles while you hopelessly look for their spawn beacon.

sounds like EMP to me.
the AA missiles do that.

>when you destroy their spawn beacon and you've been wrecking them already

Oh, i didn't know that was in

>spend 40 minutes waiting for the download to finish on install
>the instant it's finished the installer crashes
>boot it back up
>it starts all over again
thanks for wasting even more of my time, Cred Forums.

>first round - 2nd place on the server
>second round - 1st place on the server
>pwning noobs left and right

10 years later and still got it

the launcher keeps loading for me for 2142 but bf2 says play now, did i fuck up something?

Also the counter measures gives you a shield. It will stop AA rockets (though not the EMP missiles) missiles, and even tank shells, but wont stop bullets (like the autocannons that gunships/dropships have)

Rubberbanding lagfest.

WE'VE GOT COMPANY