Breakaway Thread

Amazon Game Studios' new game, called 'Breakaway'.
playbreakaway.com/

Looks to be a moba/hero-type brawler with an emphasis on esports and Twitch streamers. (Amazon owns Twitch)

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EcAf4kXaMYA
youtube.com/watch?v=nZJeisfRrdY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'd rather not.

I'd be genuinely interested to talk about Amazon's new line of games but the way you created this post makes it so obvious you're shilling for them. Please delete this thread.

>moba/hero-type brawler with an emphasis on esports and Twitch streamers
literally every word in this sentence is vomit-inducing
are they trying to create the ultimate shit game?

what is there to discuss ? theres no gameplay anywhere
are we suppose to talk about how the character design we saw so far looked uninspired and boring as fuck ?

Looks like a clusterfuck of shit.
Saw some of it from the stream, from a spectator's view its a mess. Its low as fuck and its impossible to tell what is going on.
They showed spectator cam gameplay
Not even sure if this is 1st, 3rd or isometric perspective yet.

This game is going to crash and burn, no one will switch to this when Overwatch will be cemented, they have Rocket League, or it just falls into the other games like Smash+Grab and Battlerite and just overflows the hero brawler game pool.

Also most of the Twitch community already hates bits, they know its just a money grab by Amazon/Twitch when donations via paypal directly worked fine for ages. Now Stream+ shit is just another layer of dumb crap that no one will use.

>whoa we can spend REAL MONEY to bet on these people we don't know and we don't get anything in return!

OP here. Game looks like complete shit but I thought I was trying to be impartial when I posted the thread.

>moba/hero-type brawler with an emphasis on esports and Twitch streamers
Is there a worse combination? I mean holy fuck

This

The fact games like this are popular on Cred Forums is proof this site is beyond saving.

>Looks to be a moba/hero-type brawler with an emphasis on esports and Twitch streamers. (Amazon owns Twitch)
Aaaaaand my interest has vanished. Thanks for being up front at least

>Sign up for Alpha!

What's next?

>They showed spectator cam gameplay
>Not even sure if this is 1st, 3rd or isometric perspective yet.
they switched to player pov a couple of times, it's definitely 3rd person

Cred Forums will say they like it just to spite Overwatch just as they do with Paladins

>just as they do with Paladins
Paladins genuinely has cooler heroes and map designs though

at least to me

Battleborn has an anthro bird- no other game does. Sad!

"Breakaway is made by streamers, for streamers. Taunt every interception, celebrate every kill, and highlight your dominance with instant replays."

It becomes hard to find the gaming part in all those modern cash grabs.

I don't get it.

Yaaay, another overwatch rip off to cash in on the fucking craze, alert the presses

>moba
Okay mobas are pretty shitty but it could be good
>emphasis on esports and twitch
It's shit. One of the worst combinations you could do.

>Those heroes

So we have Evil Reinhardt
Le Blanc
Pantheon
Muradin Bronzebeard
Miss Fortune
Black McCree
Aztec Karma Skin.

overwatch clone

like paladins

paladins actually made me end up buying overwatch

Have Budgetwatches become the new WoW clones?

>both are made by Blizzard

paladins has some very similar heroes. bomb king was pretty cool though

kek

SIMPSONS DID IT FIRST!

>black mccree
That's Django McCree, hillbilly.

Well duh

Blizzard Really know how to sells his fish

Looks like repetitive, brainless garbage. Basically soccer but with shit flying around.

How many more hero based games is the market going to get? Like god damn...Quake wasn't even free from this shit.

Also, fuck e-sports and Twitch.

>black sheriff

HES A NIGGER

>mfw alpha stage development has been memed to become beta stages instead

>BlackCree
no thanks

>Looks to be a moba/hero-type brawler with an emphasis on esports and Twitch streamers. (Amazon owns Twitch)

So it looks like utter shit with no value at all.

So it begins.
The great Overwatch Clone Deluge of our time.

Its like mccree but black!

I thought I was ready for the sea of Overwatch clones. Turns out I wasn't

I'd be cool with dat

Why dies black mcree slide around as movement

>Breakaway is made by streamers, for streamers.

Is there anything more to be said?
A game that is not made to be a good game but to be watched being played by others?

Theres not enough bullets for the corporate suits who okayed this retarded shit and the entire userbase that made them believe this'll make sense.

Breakaway is small time

Here's some gameplay:

twitch.tv playbreakaway/v/ 92134477? t=38m24s

>tfw thread is not about some 2016 wall-breaking game with physics and shit

Just being smart, people shill the fuck out of games because "itt...sss justt betttaaa guys it will be better, tthey'll fix it" Imagine the leeway they will get with an alpha

>emphasis on esports

into the trash i cant believe i miss tf2 now

made by /trash/ for /trash/

gee golly sure need another moba with a minigame gimmick amazon release the mmo so that can fail miserably too

youtu.be/EcAf4kXaMYA it actually looks like shit. i dont get where stream interraction comes in to play

That literally is already happening with Patreon/Kickstarter, etc.

We are all fucked.

The maps are so dull.

This shit looks fucking retarded

>a character is LITERALLY Django
>Like L I T E R A L L Y DJANGO

The fuck is this? Is this autoaim shit?

>made by /trash/ for /trash/
Can't be, otherwise there'd be a lot more anthros
Furry MOBAFPS when?

Reminds me of Anarchy Reigns' football mode.

Fuck, when is someone going to do a sequel?

MMO might bomb, but the co op shooter could work real well.

Lets play "spot the unique character design"

What does More To Come play like?

>Anarchy Reigns
God damn why has no one jumped on the opportunity to make a PC version of the games basic premise?

Or just port it over god damn it

>all those generic as fuck characters

I hope this game fails harder than battleborne

Because people would think it's yet another hero brawler game or something.

>barrel bigger than cylinders

Correct me if I'm wrong, /k/, but that's not normal is it?

Well they look generic as fuck. They just took "Civilizations" and put them literally in the game. and Black Django (Original Django is white and he'll always be Franco Nero, even he's Black Django because his surname means Black fuck you all).

>spartacus wearing pseudo greek armor

AYYOOO HIGH NOON HOURS WHO UP

>he doesn't already main More To Come

lmao I bet you play budget Reinhardt

Too late for that now.

Why didn't they do anything original? It just looks like a mashup of existing games without bringing anything new to the table. It doesn't even have technical features that make it stand out.

Amazon is a unique position to create a solid cloud hosted multiplayer solution and were they to create a VR capable engine they'd basically become the go-to provider for VR multiplayer experiences. But instead of doing anything that makes sense for their business group they decided to create mediocre games without any ambition instead. Such as disappointment.

>Amazon making games

Eww no thank you

>everyone will just mistake this comment as Cred Forums talk and not get the reference

These games are just trying to leverage their Twtich acquisition. This one will flop bad, but Crucible might be a big hit because it's premise does sound fun.

These characters look like the 3d models they used to always put on the boxes of GPUs for some reason

Lol

Its another chapter in: "someone makes a succesful game (overwatch this time) and everyone makes gorillion bootleg versions of it for easy dosh"
We saw this happen with minecraf/zombiesandboxsurvivalgames, we knew this would happen.

>The fact games like this are popular on Cred Forums

Literally everyone in this thread is calling it shit, can you even read?

From a business perspective that does not make any sense. Twitch already is a market leader in its segment precisely because anyone can stream anything they want on it - there's no shortage of (streamed) video games and so they don't have to make their own.
It's as if Amazon were to create own household appliances instead of selling those of other companies through their marketplace - there's no shortage of those and as such little money to be made, particularly when they'd have to branch into other business sectors and hire people for that to make it happen.

Being original and creative is too risky nowadays, better go with copypasted for the maximum goybucks

>It's as if Amazon were to create own household appliances

It's only a matter of time my friend, they already sell their own branded cheapo electronic stuff

>Crucible
Tell me more, please

The buildings and carry-over across rounds are pretty unique tbqh famalam. Reminds me of tremulous, but more arcadey.

The games aren't branded though, they're funded, too.
In case of branded products Amazon doesn't build/own the factories. They buy cheap shit from Chinese vendors who have trouble selling it and get an Amazon branding on it to suggest it's more than a no-name brand to push out other no-name manufacturers. Amazon will stop doing that the second a product is no longer oversupplied and cheaply available - they'd stop buying and let the manufacturer go bankrupt.
It wouldn't be profitable (or smart) to run own factories as that way they'd have to invest into R&D and much more to stay ahead of the competition.

Before you mention the Kindle - that's a different story as (decent) eBook readers were in short supply and pushing digital books was a profitable market, in particuarly cornering it before anyone else established a foothold.

This whole "we fund and create games" thing is more than silly because these days and developer can self-publish with ease and Amazon branding won't help push a mediocre product. It's why originality is very important.

Crucible:
- This is a third person shooter where 12 players enter an alien planet, and the last one surviving wins. However, the twist is that the world is very hostile and the players have to work together in order to survive, so there's a large social trust aspect of when to ally with other players and when to ultimately betray them to try and win.
- There's also a 13th player who can serve as game master while streaming the game and create events and other various challenges for the players to deal with. The streamer's audience can also interact with the game world as well through unspecified means.

The premise sounds solid and more original than Breakaway.

>They buy cheap shit from Chinese vendors who have trouble selling it and get an Amazon branding on it

Not disputing this per se but do you have a source to prove this or is it just conjecture?

>literally just Overwatch
>has a character that is McCree but black

Who the fuck comes up with these ideas? Why is the gaming industry like this now? A game is successful so everyone tries to copy it and end up failing miserably.

somebody beat me to it

Definitely agree. I especially like the idea of the GM, because if done well, it can break OPness and even out the game (and if done wrong, it can fuck over everyone else).

I think all 3 games have an interesting enough premise, though.

>There's also a 13th player who can serve as game master while streaming the game

Why is this bullshit in here? Companies are trying to force streaming because it's free exposure for their games, completely ignoring the fact that streamers and viewers happen organically when a game is actually good on its own merits and worth watching

lol

>google cowboy

Into the trash

>why are devs experimenting with new types of interaction brought on by new technologies?
I bet back in the 90s you would have said the same thing about Ultima Online

Streaming is not new technology my negro, it has been about for a long time now

Bullet won't get any speed thanks to all the gasses escaping from around the bullet and it will also be inaccurate as fuck

>moba fps hybrid :^)

Another shit game that wants the money of another watered down shit game

Pretty sure the games are all about the twitch integration gimmick and showing devs what you can do with it in hopes of getting more devs to add twitch in their games

retard

Breaking news: Amazon to release streaming pile of shit

>Breakaway is made by streamers, for streamers.

Well, that's all you need to know about the purpose of this game

Rocket League of Legends.

>it has been about for a long time now
I guess when you're 18 half your life must seem like a long time

MOBAs and Twitch is popular on here

Reading comprehension

Does anyone have that reaction pic with the black cowboy wearing sunglasses?

Because that's pretty much exactly the same as Rawlins here.

Literally none of these designs are original

>what is there to discuss ? theres no gameplay anywhere

He means let's talk shit about it

What the fuck I though this was supposed to be Overwatch 0,5?

You mean Django?

You've seriously never seen Django?

Come on

i dont watch movies with nigger protagonists

Was that supposed to make you sound cool? You just sound like you're fourteen

Ah, you're an insecure degenerate. That explains it.

cringe

Has any game that tried to sell itself on its "streamability," especially in the context of e-sports, ever done well? Evolve and Nosgoth are pretty big examples.

Jesus christ please come on this shit is a bit excessive

Ignore all of these cucked faggots.

"omg if you don't like black cocks you're just insecure"

These bleeding heart liberals will be the downfall of western society.

Fags like these are why I want more non-white protags.

The tears are just too good.

>"black cocks"

you should turn off your projector it's overheating.

I want libtards to leave

>Looks to be a moba/hero-type brawler with an emphasis on esports and Twitch streamers
I'm genuinely starting to miss zombies and survival

I'm more interested on that Spaniard game.
What games let me play as a Spanish16th century soldier?

What about this resembles overwatch and paladins?

There were at least two games like that on steam, but they were F2P garbage and I don't even remember their names

It's weird, I think MOBA/other genre games are running into the same problem that fighting games are in the west, but in reverse.

Fighting games don't have enough players for all the games that are coming out, and MOBAs have tons of players, but none play anything else other than the big ones (and Overwatch)

Doesn't Amazon have Double Helix on their payroll? Should've had a fighting game seen as that genre is still missing it's "Dota 2/LoL" in terms of size and support (I know of SFV, but it's clearly floundering whatever good will and push it's been getting).

Here's a tip, if the general population knew what this shit was in the 2000s we would've been talking about it more here too. Don't turn this into the "good ole times" shitfest.

>Aw boo I got bullied for my shit tastes.

DJANGO !!!

>Reinhart
>Thorbjörn
>Pirate Tracer
>McDjango
>Symmetra

are they even trying

>>Pirate Tracer
full retard

if anything pirate widowmaker

she clearly resembles Tracer more than Widowmaker tho

It looked like shit

Looks only slightly better than those chinese knock-offs.

what the fuck amazon

she's closer to widowmaker's pirate skin

>emphasis on esports and Twitch streamers
That's all i need to hear to filter it out

> 2016.

> not playing Legend of Titans instead

youtube.com/watch?v=nZJeisfRrdY

>with an emphasis on esports and Twitch streamers.

At least Amazon's game studio is killing themselves early

Amazing

>overwatch
>battleborn
>paragon
>paladins
>breakaway

Literally thought this was overwatch scrolling by the thumbnail

>competing directly with Blizz

When will they lern

The actual gameplay is different enough

>When will they lern
When they go bankrupt

>amazon is making an mmo, third-person shooter and moba/rocket league thing
I don't even know what's going on anymore.

Artificial esports

>Cred Forums gets triggered for having shit tastes again: The Post

I mean, there's a difference between niggers and black people. Said black isn't a gangbanging thug. What's to hate? Simply because he's black?

This is such a market-research-focus-tested product, it's practically a self-parody.

The only good thing Amazon has made is Amazons

LIVING IN ARMOUR ZONE

>Another moba

Lost all interest.

There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it I have now surpassed. My pain is constant and sharp, and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape. But even after admitting this, there is no catharsis; my punishment continues to elude me, and I gain no deeper knowledge of myself. No new knowledge can be extracted from my telling. This confession has meant nothing.

so its like s4 league but shittier and with heros

delet this
t. amazon employee

>YO IS 12 O CLOCK MY NIGGA

VIORENT PUNISH

Its like they ran a computer analysis that said that people like Twitch, Youtube, Shooters and, mashed into some horrible abomination of a game.

holy shit is that Boss Nigger?

>Miss Fortune

nice

TF2 is fun
Overwatch has waifus

What is this bringing

lurk moar amazon shill

He meant other and better Miss Fortune

>implying slut pirate is anywhere is good as tanned catgirl

That bitch from MGS2?

Only a LoLbabbie could have such shit opinions.