So, Cred Forums, did you enjoyed trucky simulator 2? Does it sits in your buyer's remorse folder?

So, Cred Forums, did you enjoyed trucky simulator 2? Does it sits in your buyer's remorse folder?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=678484098&searchtext=
blog.scssoft.com/2016/06/the-rescale.html
amazon.com/Thrustmaster-T-Flight-Hotas-Flight-Stick-Pc/dp/B001CXYMFS/
youtube.com/watch?v=8lEYaTvvq4g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pirated it, played it for an hour, got bored at the ugly graphics, unimmersive tiny empty maps, and lack of any real gameplay, and uninstalled it.

I've got 87 hours in ETS2 and 32 hours in ATS so far. Considering I got both for around $15 each I don't really have any remorse. For me they're kind of like the video game equivalent to how some people go for a drive to relax.

Although I'd recommend giving them a pirate to try them out first if you haven't already, they're not for everyone.

>get cup of hot cocoa
>Turn on radio
>truck around Europe
The game is ultimate comfy

I think all simulators are comfy

this.
For some reason i find simulators to be extremely comfy

Is a steering wheel recommended for this game or will an xbox controller suffice?

You tell me

REAL LIFE ISNT COMFY COMFYFAG SIMULATE THAT BITCH I DARE YOU EVEN THOUGH I KNOW YOU WONT

For the ultimate experience get a wheel

Between Euro2 and American, I probably have like 1000+ hours on Truck Simulators.
Too bad driving IRL isn't quite so realxing.

>tfw the comfy stops and it becomes shit yourself time

Egypt has no right to be this scary in a videogame

What is this?

>not wrapping yourself in a blanket on a cold autumn's morning
>not enjoying your coffee or whatever while playing a NEET trucker simulator

Get out

You need to relax friend

dumb frogposter

I'm doing fine with my 360 controller.
Outside of the occassional keypress on my keyboard, my current layout works fine

Elite dangerous

>can't pit stop and rape a backpacker before dumping their body in the woods enjoying a hot brew then clocking back on to continue your trucking delivery

Such wasted potential.

quite honestly its one of the very few games on my non buyers remorse folders.

in the middle of all the multiplayer shitholes filled with retards, in the middle of all the single player mediocrity, this game is exactly what it is and doesn't try to be something else.

The perfect game to sink time into after you're tired of all the bullshit and retards from the mainstream and shitty generic indie "gaming" scenes.

>hot cocoa + rum
>start game on Germany
>find a german radio through the game's radio explorer
This alone gave me about 50h ingame last winter.

>rape backpacker
>not fucking a hairy asshole in a truckstop gloryhole
If you want the trucker simulation you have to do it right

>PC exclusives

Will they ever port it to consoles?

can you land on planets yet?

Only if you buy horizons

Got like 80 hours logged. Excellent game.

What's that like, what can you do on planets?

so many switches
and no tutorials

>can't chain-smoke cigarettes

is this game even trying?

>not chain-smoking while playing
It's like you don't want the true experience

You can land on non-atmospheric planets and scoot a little buggy around to dig up upgrade materials. Hoping that they add ground wars or something, right now they force you into the buggy if you want to do anything around planets since hostile/neutral planetary bases have air sentry towers that will fuck you up and you can't detect points of interest accurately without doing the scanner minigame in the buggy.

>tfw 300+ hours
and I still have not found all places in Promods

Pff c'mon m8 it's all just nav systems anyway

C O M F Y

what game, Forza Horizon 3?

I've experienced trucking second-hand get it?in real life (ie. as a passenger; not the one driving

It's project cars, you doofus.

I still don't understand it much. I tried inputting a flight plan but I have no idea what a STAR approach is? Like, which one should I pick, ffs. It's so counter intuitive.
Apart from that, I can take off and cruise. The only problem is getting the ILS flight path for the correct landing.

What game?

ILS is all about getting the correct glide path in order to land on the runway. If your ILS is set right and you get on the glide path it should just work.

STAR is a civvy think that I'm unaware of really but from what I've read it varies from airfield to airfield.

Prepar3d with a Citation CJ2 from Carenado.
All pirated because that shit is stupid expensive.

who /Peterbilt/ here

Pottery.

I know how ILS works, the military part of it is easy because DCS, but when you're on a huge civilian jet on a "forced" path, there's all the fucking approaches that have to make sense for the autopilot or you're in a world of trouble.
But I just started playing it recently so I just need practice.

Love both of them. Something relaxing about trucking during the night, when all the lights are on in the interior view.

Bonus points for rain.

Practice makes perfect my dude
I carrier landed an F-18 first try at night though :^)

>red lights
Damn, you can change the lights now? Or it's specific to the truck?

>$200
holy shit

although it looks like it's supposed to be a learning tool for actual pilots in training, so I can see why it costs so much

BMS F-18 doesn't matter because it's all guesswork and not a sim :^)

Mods. Some modded trucks have a lot of stuff.

Nah don't be fooled it's an FSX mod. It's just that the flight sim community will pay for anything. You need to add in literally $1000 of additional paid content to have a full "experience".

DCS F-18 when?
DCS F-14 when?

For fucks sake I need naval ops

Check out the workshop on steam. plenty of mods that adds new/colored lights to current trucks.

Baby-blue here. steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=678484098&searchtext=

I just want the Viggen. Leatherneck is the best dev, but holy fuck they're dead. Zero announcements. The F-14 was supposed to be out this year, people got confused by the september announcement because it was LAST YEARS september and the thread was still active as there were no other announcements.

>Leatherneck is the best dev
I'll have to stop you there senpai, RAZBAM is better, Belsimtek is better.

LN breaks the fucking MiG 21 every patch in some way

not having cruise control

What's the best truck in ETS 2? I wanna get rid of my old piece of shit truck.

It's not LN's fault, it's the DCS devs. They have a huge backlog of shit that do not do. I've read LN's dev explaining that they had like months of patches on hold because the DCS devs were not getting on it.

They're also breaking the Ka-50 and A-10 often. RAZBAM and Belsimtek are more timely than LN but they have a reputation for churning out planes in pre-alpha state with guesswork everywhere.

LN releases finished products. The issue, and this applies for all devs, is that the DCS team fucks things up often.

Pick the comfiest one, just look at the interiors.
As the general rule though:
Volvo picks up very powerful engines early
Renault never gets any good engines

RAZBAM fixes shit we report to them. I remember a few weeks when we were telling LN the 21s radar was broken and he told us it wasn't.

Belsimtek are ultimate top tier when it comes to third party though

Driving a truck on fps mode in GTA V is way more immersive than this shit.

I agree but these euro poorfags can't afford to run GTA V with their toasters.

by the way, how's the Mirage 2000? Is it done and fixed, is it close to feeling like the real thing or still meh?

why don't you just be a real life trucker? If you really enjoy it that much.

Too bad the interior of every truck is shit.

I have 300 hours on ETS2 with lots of mods. I never played it without listening to something in the background but it's great for idle playing while listening to a podcast or something.

wat

Just fyi GTA V has much lower reqs than ETS2, that shit is stupidly heavy on requirements.

It's really good now. I obviously can't attest to the accuracy of the flight model because I'm not a French pilot but it does feel nice to fly, they've recently been adding features almost every patch, proper working INS, CCIP sight for rockets and bombs that works with radar ranging or radar altimeter.

The sight also showed radar ranging was broken so they fixed that in a hotfix
in the same hotfix the fixed the MiG being literally unplayable

Train Sim is better imo. The DLC cost scares people but its well worth

Why not stop being a fag and play flight sims instead

yo

the in-game photo editor is pretty cool

Any Nice, France mods for this game?

>play kerbal space program
>"Why don't you just be an astronaut? If you really enjoy it that much"

>So, Cred Forums, did you enjoyed trucky simulator 2
yes, for 30 minutes which was better than expected

> buyer's remorse
no since i haven't bought it

>A-10 and not superior cheeki breeki Ka50 Black Shark.

ATS has any cold, snowy northern places in it? I was kinda hyped because i thought it would be something like driving on ice in bumfuck nowhere canada but it turns out it's california. Boring
Anything cold and frozen in this game or should I wait more?

>hurr durr why don't you just be a real life soldier? If you really enjoy it that much

cruising around a track in assetto corsa is more comfy for me, i guess I just don't get the appeal of trucking

these are really shitty answers guys. I'm disappoint

nah. Played both. Train sim has way too little content and while both have old ass clunky engines, ETS is more refined, while Train sim is pretty much the same shit it was 5 years ago.

Just because I find something in a game enjoyable doesn't mean I want to do it for real

>tfw used to love fly sims when i was young
>tempted to play some now
>not autistic enough to spend hundreds of hours on learning that shit

i will never be able to enjoy fly sims again :(

Play ETS. All the dlcs + promods = you can go to Iceland.

Sadly I have no screens of Iceland, but it's cool as fuck. Literally.

the devs plan to release all american states, starting and going from west to east
but I would wait with ATS right now, as the devs are currently rescaling it : blog.scssoft.com/2016/06/the-rescale.html , which is why there hasn't been much content updates as of late

>implying I don't fly both.
Blackshark is gods helo desu

>mfw taking the southern road on Iceland in promods with a shitty fueltank

They're making ATS piece by piece so not yet, no. You could always mod ETS2 though.

I'd space truck or do asteroid mining if either of those were real jobs that existed.
Even though I don't even do trade or mining in Elite, every ship I own is built for combat.

It's super easy senpai. not even that much to remember

~200 hours of enjoyment. But I like most driving games, not just trucks. I only dislike those without licensed vehicles to be honest.

Flying is sorta easy. Sorta. Like on the A320 you can just take off with a couple minutes of reading what does what, and the copilot helps you setup the plane.
Setting it up for autopilot navigation requires a week of delving into that shit though.

On DCS the flying experience is much better, but you need to learn the aircraft and its limits. Like, the MiG-21 is probably the best thing I've ever flown in a sim, but for example nowhere in the game does it tell you the safe weight limits for landing, you have to google that shit.

...and I just realized i lost my piece of paper with all the fuel settings. But you pretty much have to land with an empty tank
Old beta screen related, need to get back into this.

Real life trucking is not that comfy, you have many things to worry about so you can't just relax like in game.

It was pretty great for my Vive.

I like to listen to podcasts and drive around

DCS or BMS?

DCS looks better and has more planes
BMS has a dynamic campaign

DCS is the best sim
BMS is a better game

DCS you gotta pay or securom sticks it up uranus
BMS you can just pirate everything

which is better for a complete noob?
do i need a joystick or is keyboard good enough?
i'm willing to try and learn that shit on this weekend

>which is better for a complete noob?
DCS. It has great tutorials and the control configuration is easy and painless.

>do i need a joystick or is keyboard good enough?
You absolutely need a joystick, you sorta need a HOTAS (split throttle and stick) and you'd want TrackIR. To start with a joystick is fine though - you will not have fun with a keyboard.

I dunno what stick to suggest. I have a Saitek X55 and it's a good stick with a couple quirks, but I think it's hard to find now for a good price.
Maybe try a Thrustmaster HOTAS X, it should be a solid stick, common and cheap:
amazon.com/Thrustmaster-T-Flight-Hotas-Flight-Stick-Pc/dp/B001CXYMFS/

the best paid DCS modules are DCS MiG-21 Bis and DCS A-10C. Wait for winter steam sales then register the key on the standalone version outside of Steam, it works better. Right now you can try /vg/ flight sim general and download BMS to get your feet wet.

Both. Just pirate Falcon 4.0 and get DCS keys on sale or off Kinguin

>It ain't me starts playing

driving on motorways during a sunny morning or a rainy afternoon with the radio playing some of your faves is pretty fucking comfy dood

>logged
i get it, us gamers huh!

what?

wtf is it with this game?
I see people who legit buy 400 dollar steering wheels to play it

t b h a steering wheel isn't worth shit unless it has force feedback so I'm not surprised.

>Friend buys it for me as a joke
>I play it as a joke
>It's extremely fun

Can a Bong tell me what the deal is with thatch roofs? I listen to the British stations because I can understand them and there is the odd commercial for a business advertising old timey thatched roofs, but that seems like a step backwards in roofing technology.

A couple of steps, even.

Hi
I bought it for racing sims though

Really, really old houses have them, and they're kind of fetishised among rich people who want to live like Tudor noblemen

>Still no SR71 simulator

I just want to dipsy doodle

If you have a clutch and an H shifter you can do 18 gear shifters, it's a lot of fun.

>not upgrading to OG 18-gear shifter
youtube.com/watch?v=8lEYaTvvq4g

how much do you think that would be in controller form?

There's a screw-on handle for the G27 shifter with an USB connection, that I guess works with any h shifter really, that adds switches to realistically add split gears and low gears.
Without that, you bind keys to split gears and go into low range, it's trickier but it works. (I think. I don't have this, but I looked how they're configured and it's just a matter of adding a key press)

wat
how do you want me to word it?
"I have 80 hours on steam"?

Several reasons:
it's an old house and replacing the thatched roof with a more modern one isn't possible (iiirc roof tiles are heavier and thus need more support) or doesn't fit with the architecture of the house.
People construct a new house and deliberately choose the thatched roof because they like the way it looks.

I'm not a britbong, but I'm western european and over here roofs either have ceramic roof tiles (majority, probably >80%), stone slate roof tiles or thatched roofs.