Did anyone buy it?

did anyone buy it?

I gave the first game a chance. But it felt too much like a mobile game.

no, but i'll probably pirate it.

Out for delivery.

it already leaked

i assumed it has. i just haven't really looked into it.

>Q2 2017 in europe
What the fuck NoE?
>NX will be out
NX better be able to play 3DS games or this will get cancelled before it releases here. ;_;

I'll wait until they release the third version because I know Level 5 would probably have the audacity to release i here instead of putting those features into the 2 other versions half a year from now

The features get patched in when the third version comes out anyways

What is in the third version?

Nintendo does it again!

>mainstream reviews are good when it fits my narrative

>only 5 reviews

did you actually think anyone would fall for it?

It got fucked by DQVII and SMT4A, no one will probably get it.

Is the combat/capture mechanics still shit?

Better now. RNG got toned down and there are more ways to raise your capture odds. Still RNG tho

I liked the first one, tho it was pretty easy

got the Bony Spirits one

Got the Frog one

Which one has Komasan? He's qt as fuck

frog guy is better but Bony has that Slimamander from the first game usable

I only got about half way in the game. I liked it but got way too annoyed with capturing Yokais.I've heard they made it better and I'm hoping so.

>Like Toadal's design
>play the demo
>they gave him a generic "DUDE HANG TEN BRUH" Surfer dood voice and personality

WHY? WHY DID THEY RUIN YAOI FROG?

First game was basically a proof of concept. This one's actually a full on game

G-gerro gerro poh! G-g-gerro gerro poh!
Just fucking buy it!

I hope so. I really like the idea but man was that a bad idea on their part.
Yeah feels weird. Hell the whole surfer dude act is so 90's it hurts.

Buying the first one for my daughter for her birthday. Played the demo, was kinda okay, but no way would this ever beat Pokemon. It was hyped in Japan for some time, but in the end, seems like there just wasn't enough in it to stay at the top. And people outside Japan, who bought it, because "it's like Pokemon" probably dropped it, since the series is very different.

Better game for kids, but probably worse for someone who'd like a little bit more depth (as funny as this sounds about Pokemon), like tournament battles, training etc.

I got the first Yokai Watch but there was just too much RNG involved in befriending the Yokai and too many of them were just recolours of each other

>It was hyped in Japan for some time, but in the end, seems like there just wasn't enough in it to stay at the top

Nigga I was in Japan in March and Yokai Watch is fucking huge over there, they've already had 3 main series games and 2 spin offs plus an anime and a movie not to mention merchandise fucking everywhere. It's definitely a hit over there, it just didn't quite translate over into the west. Probably because it was so much of it relied on Japanese culture and folklore that completely goes over our heads here

Those are some awful names.

Yeah, but you don't get access to them unless you hack the game or trade with someone who has the content, which is pretty much everyone with the 3rd version.

Didn't One Piece at some point was also fucking everywhere? 'Cause I'm starting to think that's a quirk japan has with promoting stuff.

Don't really know, I was only there for 2 weeks but I don't remember seeing a noticeable amount of One Piece stuff. Did catch some early morning YuGi-Oh anime on TV though which surprised me, apparently that's still big over there

You can't just directly download the patch from eShop or something, you specifically have to trade with someone to get the patched content? wtf is that bullshit

>3ds
>buy

My 3DS backlog has SMT4, SMT4A, and AA6; I can't afford the time for anything else even if it's free

I downloaded Fleshy Souls.

Is the Jibanyan QTE in the intro doable or is it just a gag and you're supposed to get close and fail no matter what?

I believe you can, but the update is mostly to avoid compatibility issues between BS/FS and the 3rd one.

Think of it like an update for Pokemon XY that adds up the ORAS megas code wise but not in-game. It would be there so players can fight them in XY or trade them.

Oh so it might still be worth waiting for the 3rd game then. If it gets localised, that is. Considering they're just releasing these games and the series is not that popular over here I'm not gonna hold my breath

the series here seems to be surviving on merchandise rather than the actual game

Do we have numbers about this?

I sure don't know how to look that up but there has to be some success if they keep adding something new like each week.

As someone who makes a living selling video game merchandise I have to disagree, maybe I'm targeting the wrong markets but our Yokai Watch stuff sells far below franchises like Pokémon