Tribes is dead

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=436320913
youtube.com/watch?v=R6AjGHglaGU&list=PLA16CB0325FC7319D&index=27
youtube.com/watch?v=1EKTw50Uf8M
reddit.com/r/Paladins/comments/53qusf/a_brief_history_of_paladins_as_response_to/
youtube.com/watch?v=urfADUE22zA
youtu.be/urfADUE22zA?t=3483
youtube.com/watch?v=pjyUy5f3VIw
youtube.com/watch?v=AbSFVpi24Ig
youtube.com/watch?v=Izos11q1UZg
youtube.com/watch?v=ne9ph12wNWU
youtube.com/watch?v=GuHN5Ezez1Y
youtube.com/watch?v=7rtjfXs5g_A
youtube.com/watch?v=cUXuNGSnoKY
youtube.com/watch?v=_XxUI6SL1X0
tribesnext.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=Sv-CLmhMM4E
youtube.com/watch?v=K51MK9IvDo8
youtube.com/watch?v=RaY1ihyBtbA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It will live on in spirit
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=436320913

This.
First post best post.

What about Tribes: Descend

It was dead for many years now, this is merely the overdue burial.
shazbot

Tribes? more like Tried and Failed

This is what blatant shilling looks like.

>tfw people briefly bought into the hype when hi Rez started updating it again

Haha haha

You're next Smite

Start counting your days once Paladins is out of beta

V G S

>there are people browsing this board right now who came after GALO SENGEN

this fucking board should be dead as well.

F

It was fucking awesome before they ruined it with all the hitscan and pay to win shit

They killed it years ago with speed nerfs and hitscan

So you made this thread just to shill your buttugly kickstarter game, right?

Where did it all go so wrong?

That game was really fun at one point.

How does one shill for a dead game?

They should have let us just go fast.

they killed it with their stupid weapons updates, which where always broken as fuck and maybe nerfed a bit weeks later, just to jew people into buying them, remember the absolute shit storm when they added the plasma rifle?
youtube.com/watch?v=R6AjGHglaGU&list=PLA16CB0325FC7319D&index=27

Hi Rez killed the game because they wanted to focus on their shitty MOBA instead.

>Shilling for a free game

still can't believe it. these people are scum.

that's hi rez for you.

I spent $20 on it when it first came out, and was in that beta period, and it was great. Then they started adding shit you could buy with real money exclusively, and Is topped playing.

Still got around 230 hours out of the game though, totally worth the purchase.

>Free to Play
try harder retard
what are you talking about you fuck, the KS just ended recently

See you 10 years later at the remake launch

The dream is dead but the memes will live on.

Vvn, vgtg, vgs

I'm assuming they are retarded and think you were talking about Tribes, not that greenlight game.

>you will never block stupid butchers again with your glorious fat armor

VGS

What does the update even do?

youtube.com/watch?v=1EKTw50Uf8M

>that day when we underdogged and defeated reddit a team with players who played 48/14 with supercomputers cooled by liquid nitrogen vs us with a team scrambled together in the last 10 minutes, lead by a BR with 140 ping and a furry.

Yeah, galo sengen.

So HiRez stopped updating their arguably good shooter to pursue their moba and over watch knock off?

Why didn't they just port Starsiege Tribes and host new servers?
It was the perfect game, especially the Ultra Renegades mod.

Its free without transactions
apply yourself

It's been dead for years, I'm surprised it wasn't over yet

>over watch knock off
is this how video games die off? Is imitation and shitty cashgrab ripoffs our movie-tin games and 'ET'?

>those hitboxes
I'll be honest to this day I'm amazed that the game seemed to be so consistent with the netcode, considering it's a P2P game with projectiles and high speeds and 30hz tickrate.

Ever closer to the singularity, user.

Probably not. They are most likely making more money than ever on Not LoL and Not Overwatch.

its the other way around, they had stuff before overwatch ripped them and other games off

History is written by the winner, user. As far as anyone is concerned they ripped off Overwatch because it can do no wrong.

One fucking job hi rez

All we wanted to do was go fast

>ET
It's actually funny how close to Dirty Bomb Overwatch actually is.

when Midair is actually out it's going to be free to play without pay2win shit i think is what the devs said somewhere

not when theres factual evidence present

VGTG
VGTG
VGTG
VGY

We did go fast, for a while.
All good things need to come to an end.
Some more graceful than others.

spot the salty reddit immigrant.

I bet you believe the holocaust was real too. I'm out of this thread. Reddit is here.

No, video games have been ripping each other off for years, even as far back as the ET game. The difference now being, the internet wasn't as prevalent back then so you didn't talk about the rip offs and instead just let them die.

I love the shrike

see you in the next thread user

shit i took a lot of screenshots

I remember how Cred Forums waited for it and played closed beta. And then lost match to reddit.

Post it.

>tfw you will never enter the ZONE by going fast
It was the best feeling I felt in my dead heart those last 7 years. Fuck you Hi-rez.

Well, it's a little different than that.

HiRez is claiming that their original vision for Paladins was 1:1 with Overwatch, whereas the earlier betas for Paladins was not that close to Overwatch, it's just that they've gone back to their original vision for Paladins which happens to be 1:1 with Overwatch that the game seems like Overwatch now that it's released.

It's true that Paladins has been in development since before Overwatch was announced. It's not true that the original style of gameplay and whatnot that Paladins was going with was exactly the same as Overwatch down to the heroes and abilities themselves, but now they are.

Who do you want to believe? HiRez who promised tons of features for T:A like demos and mod support on many occasions and then released pay2win shit like the Plasma Gun and Jackal instead, only to abandon the game and use the pay2win weapon money they got from T:A in SMITE instead of on the product that generated it (yes, Tribes was profitable, they've gone on record saying this).

You want to take their word on the fact that the original vision for Paladins was in-fact nothing like what the earliest betas for Paladins were and it just happens to be a coincidence that the final product of Paladins is almost exactly like Overwatch, only free2play.

>I bet you believe the holocaust was real too
prove that it didn't happen

its the other way around buddy

reddit.com/r/Paladins/comments/53qusf/a_brief_history_of_paladins_as_response_to/

Except you're forgetting that Cred Forums won the match.

>t's true that Paladins has been in development since before Overwatch

people keep believing this shit

overwatch had a playable beta in 2014 that means they worked on it before even that

>almost five years ago

Old paladins is closer to ow than new paladins.

youtu.be/urfADUE22zA?t=3483

That fucking miracle.

We'll see Tribes again one day right? The series when done right is just a fucking blast.

>The last time you had fun in a multiplayer game was Tribes Ascend
>That was 2012

I'll never go fast again

No one plays that low skill shit anyway.

And yet Reddit is still here.

I'm happy about this, because at least it means that sooner or later Smite will die too thanks to Paladins, just like Tribes died because of Smite.

PUSH THOSE SANDRAKERS

>EA/DICE gets the rights to Tribes
>turns it into 18v18 line object maps

I was there when it happened.
Felt like ytd. I liked how everyone were saying Cred Forums team didn't represent us but as soon as the comeback started to become real, everyone was behind them.

Except Reddit got their asses handed to them like the fags they were.

Truly the pinnacle of Cred Forums

or
>EA/DICE gets the rights to Tribes
>just holds the IP hostage like they do with countless IPs already

They were about to lose it to reddit, and then they made a turnaround and won three straight matches.

It's almost as if they were literally "learning how to play" in the first two rounds.

I hate to say this, but I would love another Cred Forums vs. Reddit match.

>after GALO SENGEN
permaban everyone who showed up after habbo hotel, that was the first major incident where the general public found out about this place because of senseless retards who forgot rules 1 and 2 and were literally yelling "LOL Cred Forums.ORG" instead of blaming it on fucking ebaums

Tribes never got off the ground in pro-gaming and Smite is one of the highest grossing pro gaming scenes out there, it won't get the same treatment

>It's almost as if they were literally "learning how to play" in the first two rounds.

They were. The Team was put together 30 minutes before the game started and only practiced for about 20 minutes before the game started.
Natural Talent and Skill still beat the practice of reddit faggots.

There was some great content made for Tribes threads.

Will we ever be cool again?

>I hate to say this, but I would love another Cred Forums vs. Reddit match.

Fuck that. There was another one but when Reddit was losing they votekicked the Cred Forums team like a bunch of niggers.

youtube.com/watch?v=pjyUy5f3VIw
>I have the flag

>It's almost as if they were literally "learning how to play" in the first two rounds.

That was cause they were

>58:00

Fucking miracle.

>[VGH]
>[VSAF]
>[VGTG]
>[VGW]
>[VSAF]
>[VSAF]
>wwwwwaaasddads

youtube.com/watch?v=AbSFVpi24Ig

The biggest problem is that Cred Forums vs Reddit in Smite would go pretty badly for us, in NA we have nothing but a few pubstompers, and in EU we have a pro, a pro sub, and former grandmasters who don't play anymore. Granted there would be no / few pros to represent Reddit since most of the scene hates the website, there would still probably be enough Diamond tier players to outnumber us

That's called a victory, user

Cred Forums is Reddit now

nipples hard and eyes are teary

>free to play with microtransactions

gee its almost like they wanted to copy every aspect of tribes ascend, down to the shit that ruined it.

Holy fuck this looks fantastic, this is exactly how i want a competitive game to look

>There was another one but when Reddit was losing they votekicked the Cred Forums team like a bunch of niggers.
Holy fuck I remember that, the triggering was real.

I never got too heavily into the game and Tribes still has some of my favorite edits and OC.

heres a question, what was your favourite thing to do in tribes?
I had two things:
sitting on a hill in the middle of buttfuck, nowhere shelling the enemy point as a jugger

flying around hugging the nape of the earth as a shrike and roadkilling dudes

What ruined tribes ascend are pay2win plasma guns and jackals, not cosmetic microtransactions (the thing that makes new free2play games succeed without making the game unfair for everyone involved).

>Nostalgiafags can now finally fuck off with their rants about Hirez killing off dead game
What a time to be alive

free to play WITHOUT microtransactions

>the quickchat commands will live on as a language forever

[VGCA]
[VGCY]

going fast and trying to aim while doing it. going fast came first, learning to aim came second.

>vgtg
VGN
VGTG

But the designs of Tribes armors were fucking good. Maybe it's my nostalgia speaking but the general aesthetic was perfect desu.

While it would be nice to see, Reddit just ragequit when they're losing
See Battlefield where they votekicked the Cred Forums team or Wargame where a bunch of their team just refused to play after getting handled.
Any more Cred Forums vs Reddit shit would be pure cancer. If we could have something in a similar atmosphere to the Shazbowl, it would be great, but Redditors are so salty at this point that it's literally impossible.

It looked more realistic but it was not necessarily better competitively.

There were a lot of visibility issues regarding volcanic tilesets, blood eagle armors and red IFFs in Tribes: Ascend.

The more simplistic style of Midair is better suited for a competitive game (ala TF2 where it's easy to discern different characters or teams).

>there are people on a board that have been here less time than I have
It's awful!

OKAY
KAY
KAY

annual reminder that one of the blood eagles was a furry BR playing on a toaster with 300ms ping

Should we take them on another game?
pls not battlefiled

It was worse than GA anyway

Paladins is the new HiRez hotness anyway, and people are actually playing it this time instead of just Cred Forums.

So why will Midair succeed when Tribes fans never supported other Tribes-likes that came out in the past?

>and only practiced for about 20 minutes before the game started.
Didn't that practice consist entirely of running around spamming VGTG?

What caused Tribes' downward spiral?

did the developer just abandon it in favour of their shitty MOBA?

If you really want a dead place to shitpost in, just head three chans up the road

I think the main problem Legions had was that it was a browser game.

>ala TF2 where it's easy to discern different characters or teams

I's say being able to recognize subtle differences in enemies is a form of knowledge in itself in itself. Like airplane spotting.

Yes, HiRez pumped cash out of it with pay 2 win weapons and then dropped it to focus their 100 employees on SMITE without even leaving 1 (one) intern on T:A.

Weapon updates unbalanced the game, need further updates just keep making it worse, at some point people just stopped playing because it was not fun anymore.

The worst thing is that a rollback would have fixed EVERYTHING that went wrong.

The best thing about this is that it was at the PEAK of anti-Reddit shitposting, when the front page had at least five ironic ragecomic threads, and posting "le reddit XD FUCK YOU" was a common and acceptable response.

I wonder if there's a dark timeline where Cred Forums lost, would we even remember or care? If we won at any other time, in any other game, it would have never mattered.

No you retard. There was a furry AND a BR with 300 ping. They were two different people.

Don't talk about shit you don't know.

There's also the chance that they would try to ban ebil 4hanners by reporting them for racism or being mean, like the BF3 match.

Does this really surprise ANYONE? Hi-Rez kills off all their games. Anyone could've seen this coming.

Except nobody finds fun in trying to strain their eyes and stare at a target for 5 seconds working out what they are before working out if they should fire or not.

>tfw we'll never have sanic memes again
>tfw reddit will never get btfo by a furry tripfag and a BR with 300 ping ever again

Actual footage from Cred Forums preparing for the match, a few minutes before it started:
youtube.com/watch?v=Izos11q1UZg

i dont think anything in gaming has ever made me as salty as this. usually i'm the guy who can keep playing and enjoying a game, even after it's gotten objectively worse (WoW, TF2, etc) but not this. they totally ruined it and frankly they didnt even do very much.

i want it back so fucking bad. i refuse to play hi-rez games outright because of what they did

No you're almost as bad as Donald Trump blatantly denying reality, Reddit won.

Oh god, all these memories...

It was a better time, wasn't it?

Ah, it was VWV.

it isnt just nostalgia user. there's still good games coming out, but it really has gotten worse

We could, but we shouldn't. We gain nothing if we win, but if we lose they'll brag about it forever as if they haven't lost/quit all the other times

>INCOMINGENEMYVEHICLEINCOMINGENEMYVEHICLEINCOMINGENEMYVEHICLEINCOMINGENEMYVEHICLESHAZBOTINCOMINGENEMYVEHICLEINCOMINGENEMYVEHICLEINCOMINGENEMYVEHICLEIAMTHEGREATEST!

Bad as a shithead as he is, he'll have to start murdering people, funneling money for terrorist groups, and starting wars to destabilize foreign countries if he wants to compete with hilldog for worst human being alive

>report and ignore
>quote by man who did not ignore
You should form a suicide pact with that shitposter.

>i've seen blue plates hit carriers at over 200 s/ph
>i've seen brutes camping gen rooms off the elipse of Bella Omega
>all these moments in time, lost, like blue plates in the rain
time, to [VGTG]

>SMITE prints money for no effort
>Paladins is lining up to get a comfortable niche
>Tribes Ascend never got its foot in the door
Money is all that matters.
Stop pretending that these companies care about good games. All that matters is money.
T:A is not that good and it's okay for it to be dead now

It's to let other people know to report. When everyone reports a shitposter, they get banned pretty quickly.

youtube.com/watch?v=ne9ph12wNWU

r u fags rdy

also, Cred Forums is basically half Reddit and underage now. It's not the small team of gifted autists it once was

>it's okay for it to be dead now

No.
In a market that can sustain 5 overshit clones at the same time, it would be nice if better niche titles could keep their niche fanbase.

If we still had user hosted dedicated server tools there would be no problem.

But matchmaking is the shit

Can't wait for this to fail because tribesfags will play it but not support it.

When that happens, they will blame the devs.

Drive byes. I don't even have a reaction image that can describe that feeling of taking someone down while you shot gun them in the face at max speed.

Didn't they say they were going to release mod tools?

The reddit team got tired from playing for so long, which caused them to perform like shit. Cred Forums won through pure autistic endurance.

>drive bye

>Watch some Midair
>Weapons sound like shit
>Reloads is awful and models are shit
>Areas are empty and low poly
Stop

When you think about it, the term actually makes sense.

Yeah you drive next to them and then "bye" cause you are dead.

It's pre-alpha and isn't getting released for like over a year still.

I wouldn't believe them if they did.

I'm genuinely sad now

I want to go back goddamn it

I'm not a BR you shitcunt.

HiRezTodd made a press release saying that in 6 months mod tools and map tools will be out for T:A. He said this like 3 years ago. It never happened.

It was to save the company some face because a few days before that, TotalBiscuit took a dump on HiRez in front of his millions of subscribers for them abandoning Tribes: Ascend. He told people to be wary of HiRez as a developer and be careful about supporting their games.

6 months after announcing mod/map tools to save face, HiRez never even so much as uttered a word about it and continued to ignore T:A entirely.

Pick up a wheel gun, pick up a WHEEL GUN

Seph are you Chilean or Mexican, I can't remember.

So sad to see them closing down their only good game. I've played Paladins for like 10h and it's shit compared to Overwatch, so I really don't see why they did it. Tribes was only game of it's subgenre and they abandoned it. So sad.

InstantAction were working on that before they realized they completely fucked up and shut shop.

Such a shame. But at least we got Tribes Ascend out of all the mess.

it had a good run
it didnt sell out, it didnt fuck up, it didnt mess with shitty drm or anything
it was a good game and it had a good run.
tribes can rip in piece happy.

He was chilean.

This is retarded.
Is the conditioning that deep?

>It didn't sell out
Someone missed the Infiltrator update and the XP nerfs

i played a normal amount and could usually afford any of the new weapons in credits as they came out.
aside from that, what were the issues with it?

>it didnt sell out, it didnt fuck up, it didnt mess with shitty drm or anything
Um. What?

HiRez were constantly releasing overpowered weapon patches early after release, they also completely failed to follow up on promises they made in development (ranked matchmaking, demo recording/playback, etc.) and instead opted to sell Plasma Guns, Jackals and 27 weapons (all straight upgrades) patches and then abandoned the game as soon as they made a profit from it so they could start work on SMITE.

HiRez fucked up colossally. It's extremely ignorant to pretend that the game was perfect and they treated it perfectly.

As for DRM, T:A was an always-online game, you couldn't even play offline mode/roam map without logging in to the game servers. It also had the HiRez services running on your PC at all times even when you weren't playing the game.

not to mention its a mutliplayer indie game with literally no marketing push behind it
remember fortress forever guys

fair enough, i suppose i forgot that with the rose tinted glasses.
i recall not having issues with overpowered weapons though, usually i stuck with the defaults and if some of them were upgrades, you could usually get them with stockpiled credits. i did buy that $20 pack early on that gave you a permanent exp booster though so that might have been an exception.

>VVN
>not VGN
It's like you don't want to actually shittalk.

>It also had the HiRez services running on your PC at all times even when you weren't playing the game.

>tfw when you find that process running and haven't played their shit in years

>And then lost match to reddit.
Nice revisionism
Remember the 140

>Cred Forums found out that consumables is useful as fuck
>le reddit has no counters of consumables because "NOT IN META"
>Cred Forums reverse sweep reddit

I missed those days

I love high-skill FPS and all, but I think the potential for KB/M has been reached development-wise and gameplay is suffering because technology hasn't evolved.

Partly because I sucked at it, but I honestly hate playing games with skiing mechanics on KB/M. Or in general, since there's no other way to sensibly do it.

There was Cred Forums vs reddit in Wargames

Cred Forums won every game so hard, reddit denies that the reddit team represents them

game 1 - youtube.com/watch?v=GuHN5Ezez1Y
game 2 - youtube.com/watch?v=7rtjfXs5g_A

game 1 - youtube.com/watch?v=cUXuNGSnoKY
game 2 - youtube.com/watch?v=_XxUI6SL1X0

So why did it fail guys? I never played this game before. Always seeing you people talk about Tribes though.

That's funny, Cred Forums would probably do the same though honestly, just going ">we"

I remember when we BTFO reddit in this game >:3

Cred Forums used a cheesy as fuck strategy that was super effective but since reddit were above that, they got steamrolled to oblivion.

I have a kielbasa for her if you know what I am saying

I need to lick those thighs.

[VGTG]

[VGN]
[VGTG]

I wish I can go back to the early 2010's. They were fun times.

And I also didn't worry about being in my mid-20's like I do now.

This is what I want

Intended on throwing money to the Kickstarter, but never got around to it. Glad to see it's coming along nicely

Shut up homura

>play the game back when it was popular
>remember thinking it was really good, had a lot of fun
>had to leave the country for 6 months or so for family shit
>come back
>game is dead, everyone hates it now

Why does everything I touch die?

>reddit chat
>.........vgs?
>Cred Forums chat
>[VGTG][VGS]VGTG][VGS][VGTG][VGS]VGTG][VGS][VGTG][VGS]VGTG][VGS][VGTG][VGS]VGTG][VGS][VGTG][VGS]VGTG][VGS][VGTG][VGS]VGTG][VGS][VGTG][VGS]VGTG][VGS][VGTG][VGS]VGTG][VGS]
>furfag
>300ping br
out fucking skilled

It also helped that the captains of the reddit and the Cred Forums team were actually respectful to each other, there were no hard feelings after the game.

You'd be hard pressed to find someone here that remembers to treat the other team with some respect.

Is there no way to play Tribes 2 online anymore?

Wanna touch me?

I've only seen this game talked about and posted on Cred Forums

None of my normie friends or neet basement friends know about this game. I honestly thought tribes was a pretend game like ed edd eddy moba, Harry Potter mmo, and 100% orange juice.

tribesnext.com/

When the legal shittalk is [VGS], [VGTA], [VGTG], you can't feel TOO mad.

Will it ever stop hurting? Hold me Cred Forums.

[VVN]

If you're actually good at the game, you'd know how to counter the cheese.

RIP
I never got around to trying it.

Ya missed out user. Shit was fun.

>reddit was above that
Not being able to counter a simple cheesy strategy in any game shows that you are shit and have poor game knowledge.

Are there any other niche games like Tribes that are worth getting into right now?

It's like getting sweeped by FEARs in Pokemon and having no counters.

>It also had the HiRez services running on your PC at all times even when you weren't playing the game.

I tried out Paladins recently just to see what it was like. HiRez still has their shit running on your PC at all times even when you're not playing their games.

>You will never give the enemy technicians a light show ever again

VED VED VED VED

my collection of tribes .gifs and image macros are just painful reminders of good times.

Tribes has been dead since shortly after the Shazbowl

Strangled and drowned with P2W and balance changes for the casual player

The fact that Cred Forums and /m/ whoop Cred Forums's ass at video games since 2004 yet Reddit is somehow worse than Cred Forums says a whole lot about how much they suck ass

youtube.com/watch?v=Sv-CLmhMM4E

Tribes Ascend ruined multiplayer shooters for me.

>people still fall for the HiRez meme with paladins
can't wait to see some assblast

I first started posting on Cred Forums when the whole Cred Forums vs reddit thing was going on, the first time I came to this board all i heard was gogo galo sengen

i thought the music was a regular thing, when was the last we had board wide music? i think when iwata died?

Why does everything I love turn on me?

How do you stop it? Its pretty fucking annoying, is there a way to stop it from doing that?

Like a couple of fuckin days ago dude

Well at least we got some good gifs out of it...

>Reddit has mini tournaments to find the best of the besy
>Cred Forums "Alright who has the game installed?"

>tried to get into this game back when there was a lot of hype around it on Cred Forums
>outside of the few classes available I couldn't do anything without a massive amount of grinding
I just couldn't see the point to that game back then. Hardly surprised it died.

the way he brings his hands down is so cringy

feel free to rename these, btw.
only way i can keep track of them in my .gif folder

Keep them in your Tribes folder.

You guys do know they unfucked the game, right?

Weapon balance is back in and the p2w was removed.

I thought they recently rebooted this and changed to how it was at launch?
What happened?

i really wish i had to foresight to make a tribes folder back then.

None of us went back is what happened.

what's the song at the start of game 5?

You sure? Last time I checked that has the most retarded update where they combined all classes into just 3: small, medium, heavy. Each class is a complete clusterfuck with like 5 different weapons.

youtube.com/watch?v=K51MK9IvDo8

Take me back goddamnit.

I was always a little bummed out the blaster was removed in Ascend, I enjoyed using that little peashooter that fed off your suit energy.

I wish they brought back the grappling hook too.

i think what you meant to say was gitting gud

Ai wo torimodose don't know from which.

>Implying it was that then

the reddit butthurt was legendary

i think i ran out of .gifs

Shazbot.

Nevermind
youtube.com/watch?v=RaY1ihyBtbA

Sometimes I really feel like I'm the only guy on Cred Forums who played Global Agenda and saw the jewery that was Hi-Rez long before Ascend was ever announced.

I warned you then, and nobody would listen.

All I have now is disdain for you people.

"Carried only on the merits of their peerless strategy, coordination, brother hood and friendship"

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY

thank you!

>blue scout survived

Based Red Spy.

It won't succeed because these super-speedy shooters are niche as fuck and won't earn anyone much money. Hi-Rez was smart to drop it for other games because they couldn't make it full-price out of nowhere or something to make it financially successful.

F

Had some good times

Saw the trailer before the first game even came out, looked shit then, didnt even know it the actual game got released lol, what a fucking failure the games industry has become

>Saw the trailer before the first game even came out
Sure you did buddy.

Made sense becuase Tribes never made money for HiRez.

Stop being butthurt, it's been years and they tried (never said they tried well) multiple times and it still failed to make money.

Set the process to manual and not auto start in services.

May fuck up the game though.

>recently hang out with friend I haven't seen in 6+ years
>bring up a thread I saw that I thought he'd find interesting
>"oh you still browse Cred Forums? i stopped like 6 years ago, i realized it was shit and i have better things to do with my time"

It s been 10 years. How do I get out? Sage for blogshit.

does sage even do anything anymore?

last one.
vgs

dumping my folder

>4 years ago

where does the time go?

Where?

Also, I wonder how Cred Forums would have been if they didn't make the comeback of the century. I'm sure moo(two) would have deleted this place by now if we did end up losing.

Evidence means shit when context is under control.

Twice as fast, half as long.

Cred Forums vs. Reddit Overwatch when?

Cred Forums's OW community is mostly waifufags so don't expect much.

>tfw legit forgot how the blue team was called until I saw this
Too busy pushing sandrakers off my world.

>a Cred Forums group of nothing but people D.va and Mercy while simultaneously jerking off
>a Reddit group of wanna-be pros and strictly adhere to meta
>Reddit losing to said waifufags
I could see it honestly.

Your friend probably replaced this website with another image dump site, dont fret too hard; we're all stuck here.

I am actually legit sad, this game was very fun at the start.

>had a fucking toaster
>wanted to play with friends but I could barely run the game
>put it at minimal, game looks barebones as shit but runs silky smooth
god bless

The update better role everything back and give us classes again. Im sick of every fucking light having a falcon.

That's not how the burden of proof works

[VGB]

>lost to reddit
>t. reddit
you faggots got fucking smoked
get the fuck out you revisionist cunt

>Direct hit damage increased to 750 from 725.
>Splash damage increased to 600 from 580.

Im cool with the direct hit increase although that small as shit since it used to be 880 the splash increase is a shit idea. All these faggots do in this game now is ground pound and chain when your in the air.

The bullet weapons change is cool and the honor fusor is a great idea. But id like it on light class.

>tfw this is true

>people still romaticizing the reddit vs Cred Forums match
wew

That and complete and utter scrubs. Just as the Tribes community here always was too(with a few examples).

Won't happen. The patch we got yesterday is the final one. I'd like going back though with a few adjustments and bug fixes from the stuff after OOTB.

>servers down for 2 hours

Guess ill go fap

>implying that hype in the last game with the flag bouncing around wasn't amazing
>implying the rag tag group put together in 30 minutes wasn't awe inspiring

>autistic memers that only liked T:A for le fast memes think they actually liked the game and think they know what was wrong with it

That's just wasteful.

So did the Moba give them the money they were expecting?

It got them the 9th highest prize pool ever in eSports history, so it's fair to say yes.

Emphasis on was. It was a great moment for sure but literally every Tribes thread past that is nothing but memorizing it.

It was their first game which brought in money and quite well in fact at one point. Not sure how it's doing now. Tribes was break even with millions Todd's own money to fund it and GA brought a hefty operating loss.

Wasteful, but consider the alternative: More chicken shit than anyone knows what to do with.

>tfw lots of younger adults waste their time on facebook, jewtube, twitter, reddit, etc.
>this is almost considered normal
>the Internet is basically this generation's TV/radio where EVERYONE is browsing some kind of website with memes and shit

Hitscan weapons were a symptom, not a cause. Almost every map had unchaseable routes and was super tiny, you just cannot catch up to a 400sanic capper thats at the base in 7 seconds.
Broken game is all i'm saying.

Triebs hasn't been good since 2.

They implemented the speed cap for exactly that reason

And Cred Forumseddit whined about that too.

It didn't a do a thing. It was a flag drag effect anyway and not a speed cap. You could go 600 sanics on some maps if you wanted but as soon as you touched the flag, it would start to slow you down to around 300 sanics which is still a fuckload on any map and especially if a grab is B2F.

Yeah for no reason whatsoever. It was a silly thing to patch in for two reasons. Number one being that is didn't really effect anything balance wise and number two that it's still a band-aid which wouldn't have fixed the problem even if the effect was much more powerful.

The meta being different in TA compared to older Tribes games doesn't make it a broken game or a bad one. I for one enjoyed the balance of TA very much while many veterans disliked it and denounced the game as "not Tribes".

Capper getting home fast is not a broken element. You need to adapt you game around that, it's simply how TA works. Hitscan, HOF, spotting on a route, e-grabbing etc, there are plenty of ways to do that. If you let a fast, full health capper grab with a nice return, you did something wrong. Although I will say that a single good cowboy capper could win the match on pubs. Spotting isn't something you get on pubs+no communication past VGS spam, HOFs were brainded retards who were clueless after their mines and shield were down, people couldn't hit a broad side of the barn with snipers and relying on your measly offense to e-grab was rarely what happened. The balance between offense and defense, players sticking to roles and doing something important and the lack of any kind of skill system often prevented pubs from becoming great CTF experiences.

Chasing was fun on pubs(and it worked out fine usually) but on higher level of play it simply wasn't viable. The OOTB introduced Rage pack changes to make chasing viable due to demand by the remaining players but that ended up opening another can of worms.

up

damn that just feels good to watch