Rimworld thread!

>digging through mountain
>New Area revealed!
>that feel when you discover a secret green valley in your mountain where you can safely place solar panels for your autistic underground fortress

Truly, the best feeling.

Also, Rimworld thread I guess?

Too bad it's shallow and barebones as fuck, and development is way too slow

this has to be bait

Rimworld could be better

Dwarf Fort should be better

Prove me wrong

Is it ever worth it to accept someone on the run seeking shelter? The resulting raid is rather strong until a point late in the game when the new colonist isn't as important anymore as one has become practically unbeatable.

Do you have a killbox set up? If you do then you might as well

How? Explain to me please, after playing for 10 hours I've seen 80% of what the game has to offer

I always accept them, since it's so hard to come by new colonists during early and mid game. Also, due to late game occurences like toxic fallout, heatwaves or drug addictions, people WILL die.

The raids that come with the refugees aren't that bad, at most they're a wave of free loot and dog food. As long as you have a few colonists armed with survivor rifles or 2 gun turrets, raids are easy as fuck.

Besides, most raiders will abort the attack and flee after ~30% of the attacking force have been killed. I actually tend to chase them down for free kevlar vests and helmets.

TL;DR, accept refugees for free dorfs, meat and items. It's like a loot delivery service that comes with a free colonist.

>dwarf fort should be better
How so?
It's constantly getting updates and even at its current state it could be a finished gamed and still be enjoyable.
I've put at least 2000 hours into it since 2012 and I keep coming back each update and putting another 100 or so hours into it.

have a bump OP

why is this shit £22?

I only want to play this because I can't fucking figure out how to play dorf fort with a 60% keyboard that has no arrow keys

I suggest you euthanize her. She has a lover and yet tries to fuck at least 3 other people and keeps getting rejected multiple times by them. That colony is going to fail from a spiral of degeneracy and death. Disgusting.

>colonists get mood debuffs for being horny

wat
no Grim is the one that hit on three other girls upwards of nine times between them all before Engie came along

She was a newcomer at the time he woo'd her
they boink all the time now

>New update guys!
>Its another fucking adventure mode shit

FUCKING TOAD FUCK NOBODY CARES FUCKING HELL I WANT MORE FORT MODE SHIT RRREEEEEEE

I always end up really liking sandbox-y games like this, but I HATE the process of fucking learning how to play.

Was the same for Victoria 2.

It's the opposite for me.
Gets boring once I know how to do everything.

I don't mean learn everything. Just learning the basics of everything. The fun for me comes from minmax so until I know the basics I have to force myself to play, often doing other things and alt-tabbing.

Sucks having ADD.

>where you can safely place solar panels for your autistic underground fortress

Safe until raiders "use sappers to circumvent your defenses" and mine through a mile of bedrock in six seconds.

Also, anyone else feel like the huge -25 mood modifier for getting rejected is a little excessive?

>dude proposes to some random bitch
>she rejects him
>he keeps proposing, she keeps rejecting
>he goes into an unrecoverable mood spiral because the debuff lasts A FUCKING YEAR AND A HALF
>conditions are really good so I manage to keep him from losing his shit
>bitch finally agrees to marry him
>wedding day rolls around
>motherfucker flips his shit and starts beating the attendees to death because he doesn't have his own tv or some shit

I ended up having to shoot him in the face, it was ridiculous.

>Safe until raiders "use sappers to circumvent your defenses" and mine through a mile of bedrock in six seconds.

wat

Doesn't sapping raiders just mean they spawn with a bunch of frag grenades and blow holes into constructed(!) outer walls?

This game pales in comparison to df, but its a great introduction to the genre. Mods add good value too. Df could use more updates. I have been wanting to see dwarf wizards or alchemists for awhile.

If there's rock around your base, they'll dig through it. If there's rock AND walls, they'll dig through the rock and then use grenades.

>Still no multiplayer mode on a small map with 3 groups pit against each other