Yahoo!

Yahoo!

An A press is an A press, you can't say it's only a half.

haha, epic meme! upvoted!

Sure, "henry"

POST YFW YOUR QPU IS MISALIGNED

BOY, I SURE DO WISH THAT STUPID VIDEO DIDN'T EXIST

BUT FIRST
LET ME EXPLAIN
PARALLEL UNIVERSES

Seriously, you either press the A button or you don't.

Is a half-full glass of water an not a glass of water?

A glass of water actually has three parts to it. When water is filled with the glass, when the water is held, and when the water is drained. Together this forms one complete glass of water.

Is there any character strong enough to defeat Hyper-Speed QPU Synchronised Mario (A Button Fully Enabled)?

>Turns out pannenkoek hates the A press meme
>He hasn't updated his main page since because of it

Hu

Probably something from one of those shitty visual novels that keep going on about infinity and shit, like Demonbane.

i wonder what yoshi's eggs smell like
haha

Y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y *d-dun *d-dun YAHOOOO

that's the worst thing imo, I absolutely love his videos about how the game works and all the crazy things you can do with that knowledge.

What's the d-dun d-dun?

>onPress (1 frame)
>hold (Many frames)
>onRelease (1 frame)

If you enter a level in the middle of the hold state, you are approximately halfway through the event sequence of one whole A-press

kek

Has anyone from a PAL region played this game on original hardware? If you have did it have voices?

>and all the crazy things you can do with that knowledge
Nothing?

I have the original PAL gear, but it's at my parents place in a different state and I couldn't reliably answer, but i want to say no though.
Why? Why wouldn't an emulator include the voices?

No, some may come close though.

Got a Virtual Console inject for this game that isn't voiced. Don't know if it's the inject, the ROM they injected, or just PAL region not having voices. Either way it's really jarring being used to hearing Mario and the gang and then coming back to silence.

the voices are so annoying. I'd rather play it without any voice at all. worst addition to newer games by far.

Do the NTSC versions have voices?
Have you tried a normal PAL rom via PC emulator?

Take my pasta and shut your face hole

It's just terminology used to indicate what state the A button needs to be in to beat the level.

Let's say you have a level where you only need to HOLD the A button to beat it - you don't need to jump, but you might need the little kicks or whatever else you can do with A held. If you sat Pannenkoek down in front of a running N64 and handed him the controller and said "beat this level" he would need to press A to get the button to the "held down" state to work his magic. But if you let him play from the beginning of the game, as long as he can get INTO the level while holding A, he doesn't need to actually push the button once inside - only hold it down.

So which is it, one press or none? Depends on the context - in a full run, he never actually releases and presses the A button inside the level, but in the context of the level itself, he does need the A button, and he would need to press it if playing that level in isolation. The "Half Press" terminology says just that - I need the A button, but if I can get in here while holding it down, I never need to actually press it.

In a full run, 100 half-press levels back-to-back equals 1 press (you never let go between levels). If you do the same levels all on a different day or different session, you'll need 100 presses.

I can confirm that NTSC has voices, and I have tried a PAL rom on PC and it does have voices which just furthers the mystery.

I only like it for pure nostalgia

Your pasta takes way too long to explain something that is ultimately 'you entered the level halfway through the hold state, which is halfway through an a-press'

This is a really nice way to put it.

Shitty inject then

THIS IS AS FAR AS YOU GO!

Yah!

A CRYSTAL!

Guess that solves that mystery. Thanks!

Birdo is pretty sexy

Cloning shit, getting to places without pressing the A button or even any buttons at all, making the chain chomp freak the fuck out. That sort of thing.