Unpopular Gaming Opinions

I'll start

>Knuckles was the most fun character to play in Sonic Adventure 1/2

>Oblivion was the most fun Elder Scrolls game

>Telltale studios has never released a good game

>The PSP was the best portable system

>first 2 fallouts were shit

Only unpopular opinion in that list is the TTG one, since they at least did alright with Back to the Future. Other than that your opinions are pretty common.

>American Wasteland was the last good Tony Hawk game
>Max Payne 1 > 3 > 2
>Guitar Hero > Rock Band

>Max Payne 1 > 3 > 2
But that's true, what's unpopular about it?

Mostly just Monafags who can't stomach the fact that their waifu is dead or that 2's story sucked.

I've got one

my opinion is right and you'res isnt

i prefer 2 over 3
not gonna defend my opinion , i only remember 3 being a piece of shit due to all the cutscenes and annoying shit

sonic is for faggots

he said unpopular

But all of these are true statements

Mass Effect 2 the best one in the trilogy.

Doom 64 is better than Doom 2.

Don't most agree with that since the trilogy ending made everyone throw ME3 in the trash?

Doom 1 is better than Doom 2. Plutonia is better than Doom 2. Literally everything is better than doom 2.

I'm completely fine with Paper Mario never being an RPG again

Oblivion was fun as a kid but when you look back at it's inherently flawed level up and scaling system you realize how shitty it is.

With mods it's pretty fun though.

Doom 3 isn't.

Undertale is actually a decent game.

This.
It's a well balanced game in terms of difficulty (even sans isn't that bad if you memorize his attacks) and is definitely worth a few playthroughs.

Cred Forums hates it because it became popular though.

Every Souls game except Darksouls is bad. Not just worse than Darksouls, just legit bad.

there were 63 dooms?

Yeah, they're all pretty solid.

Sounds cheesy, but the fanbase killed it for me. By the time I'd tried the game I'd associated the game and it's characters with being annoying at how people literally would not stop talking about it and seeing it everywhere.

I'm sure it's a fine game, but it's just not my cup of tea.

What is Knuckles doing?

Considering all the unofficial WADpacks, yes.

Nintendo is exactly like it was when you were younger. Not better, not worse.

Indie games and smallest developers are keeping this industry afloat.

Music is more important than story in a videogame.

Cred Forums has strong positive bias towards the Playstation brand and it's painfully obvious.

Smash Bros Melee is the most overrated turd I've seen in my life.

Crash Bandicoot's ps1 trilogy is superior to Mario 64, Sunshine and Galaxy 1 and easily on part with Galaxy 2, 3D Land and 3D World.

I wish Metroid would never get a new game ever again. Not because of the quality of the most recent games but because the fanbase doesn't deserve it.

Ubisoft is the best third party videogame company in the west.

Nah. Doom 2 has SSG and is therefore the best shooter ever made.

Doom and Doom 64 both have better maps but it doesn't matter when you can't SSG stuff

>Cred Forums hates it because it became popular though
Cred Forums hates it because of utterly retarded fanbase, and Cred Forums is right.

Dark Souls 3 is the best Dark Souls.

Why doesn't the fan base deserve another metroid?

Ah yes, about that. SSG is imbalanced piece of shit.

>hating a game because of its fanbase

I hate Nintendo fans with a passion, but I still enjoy the games.

Maybe you fags need to get your heads out of your asses.

Doom 64 has the super shotgun.

>Music is more important than story in a videogame
Preach, ladies and gentlemen. It's called "audiovisual experience" for a reason.

It is the greatest of weps.

Kinda dumb that the most popular CTF map literally has everyone spawn on an SSG every time because no one really wants to use anything else though. Except the one or 2 guys who just spam RL down a hallway

>Nintendo is exactly like it was when you were younger. Not better, not worse.
That's not an unpopular opinion.
That's flat out fucking wrong.

If you're doing something, you get associated with the people who do it too. I don't want to be associated with 13yo furries.

That SSG isn't the real SSG. Doesn't feel like as good.

Knuckles in SA1 is pretty fun but if you enjoy his levels in SA2 you might be fucking deranged.

Sm4sh is the best Smash bros.
Super Mario World > SMB3.

>I wish Metroid would never get a new game ever again. Not because of the quality of the most recent games but because the fanbase doesn't deserve it.

>Super Mario World > SMB3.
Preach, brother.

>everyone spawn on an SSG every time because no one really wants to use anything else though
That's what I'm talking about. SSG made every other weapon (except maybe chaingun) obsolete, and therefore it is shit.

Because they can't grasp the fact their series is not as important as they think it is. Sure, it's a series with a solid amount of good games. But it's not an important series at all. It's niche. Very niche. But the fanbase can't accept that. They keep begging for more. They keep bickering between themselves about Prime vs Super, 2D vs 3D, Zero suit vs Armor. They are annoying and loud.

Let's repeat what happen to F-Zero. Prented it doesn't exist. Eventually, the fanbase will shut up for good.
Smart people knows already what to do. Enjoy the old games without asking for new ones.

Both Final Doom and Plutonia have the SSG. Doom 2's maps are absolute shit. The only thing that game has going for it is the extra content

Nah its great the rest just lack its glory.

The only wep to be nearly as good as it is the Quad shotgun in Complex Doom and its literally just the SSG on crack

The only thing bad about them was the slightly worse radar. Other than that his segments were still fun.

>series should never get a new game because I'm triggered by the fans
>Cred Forums has a strong positive sony bias
Yeah dude, pre-release Bloodborne threads really showed that positive bias.

Oh I accept pwns then user

>every Metal Gear Solid game after 2 was a mistake

You sound like a faggot but

>Music is more important than story in a videogame.

I agree

What? The fanbase is shit because it discusses it's game?

Isn't Knuckles an anthro nigger himself?

Demon souls music is fucking awful.

Let me fix it
>Metal Gear Solid 2 was a mistake
It would be much better if MGS2 never happened.

Sure it is decent, but the countless of mouthbreathers calling it the greatest game of all time? Fuck that noise.

>the Vita has fun games

>Mother 3>Mother 1>Mother 2

>gen V was the best Pokemon series yet

>Link's Awakening is the best 2D Zelda

>Smash 4 was a disappointment because of its single player, not multiplayer/mechanics

>Shadow the Hedgehog is one of the better 3D Sonic games, mostly for its concept

Eastern developers are superior to Western ones.

Flexing his muscles

>Link's Awakening is the best 2D Zelda
I completely agree.

God damn, the embodiment of Dark Souls babby.

Total war: Attila is the best and most complex Total war ever made

CHAIKA ON THE FRONT PAGE

That's not unpopular though

go on /twg/ and that's literally the main opinion

I'll concede this but only if you agree that MGS1 should have been the only MGS game

Not chuckling.

Final Fantasy 7 is one of the worst in the series

Tbh I love Demon's Souls, and I agree. Only has two or three good tracks on there, and the rest is far too underpronouced to be memorable.

I agree. It hurts, but I agree. MGS1 was the pinnacle, and if Kojima stopped there, he would've been a Jesus' right hand in the afterlife.

It should have.

It had a complete story arc, a memorable villain, perfectly serviceable gameplay and a whole mess of good side content. All that 2 did was introduce blond Shinji Ikari and even worse backtracking.

While we're at it
>dragon quest is better than final fantasy.

>perfectly serviceable gameplay and a whole mess of good side content
which was lifted directly from MG2 without any changes

Most people correctly see Mass Effect 1 as the best in the series since it's the only one that even remotely resmbles an RPG.

>The Indie market has brought some titles like Darkest Dungeon or Salt and Sanctuary that are vastly superior to hyped games like Dark Souls or Diablo even though they were released based on those.

>Blizzard's last good game was Warcraft III

>Oblivion is the best TES game

>Spider-man 2 for the ps2 still holds the title as the best sandbox game

>Soul Calibur>Tekken>Mortal Kombat>Street fighter

>Pokemon is the same game copypasted into a better system and gets boring past the gba generation

>Ragnarok Online is the best MMO ever released and Tree of Savior is a parasite that fed on nostalgia while remaining as a unfinished piece of garbage

>There's no elitism in videogames, it's absolutelly subjective and you are not better or worse for liking "x" over "y"

Visuals novels are games

Final Fantasy VII is the Cowboy Bebop of video games, which is to say average quality but overhyped and relatively shallow

Pokemon X and Y are underrated

The Vita is the finest portable ever conceived, followed by the Sega Game Gear

N64's library kind of sucks

>Blizzard's last good game was Warcraft 3

Everyone here knows that already.

The only reason to own a Vita is to hack it and play NES and Sega games on that sweet OLED screen.

I dislike Gearbox as a company, but I'm a huge fan of the Borderlands games, including the PreSequel.

>Visuals novels are games
Not only you are entirely wrong on that, you also called Cowboy Bebop overhyped and shallow. Fuck you.

Tell that to the 3 daily Cred Forums overmeme threads + the /vg/ one

I have never known the context of this, but it always makes me laugh.

I think Kojima is a massive overrated faggot and I hope that meme game with le twd crossbow guy is shit so he stop making games.

How is playing a single player game in the privacy of your own home or discussing it anonymously online going to associate you with anyone and how does this, or the game's fanbase, have any bearing on the game's quality?

I believe that console gaming will die out as PC and tablets start to completely take over. Stand-alone TVs will also become a thing of the past, they will all carry some sort of OS and internet functions.

No you dumb faggot. There WERE. There are 65 now.

>Jumping Flash is the best FPS game
>Paper Mario is still good
>Mario Party 3 was the best, not 2 (incidentally, duel mode is the best thing to ever happen to the series and needs to return)
>Skyward Sword is the best 3D Zelda
>best 3DS game is Love Plus
>Mario Kart 8 is a colossal waste of money
>Sunshine is the best 3D Mario
>Brawl is better than Melee and Smash 4

But if the HDoom is 69th one, where are other 3 parts?

>Sunshine is the best 3D Mario
>Brawl is better than Melee and Smash 4

Sunshine is the comfiest game in existance.

Does anyone actually dislike Knuckles? I know people hate Shadow but Knuckles just seems like too much of a bro to be hated, despite pulling some dickish moves in Sonic 3.

>Cred Forums has strong positive bias towards the Playstation brand and it's painfully obvious.
Agreed.
Agreed.

You slowly turn into furry.

The Mass Effect 3 ending was fine and everyone whining about it was a huge baby.

Some people dislike him for being a tool. Mainly that bit in Sonic Adventure when he attacked Sonic again because Eggman told him to. This was long after they set aside their differences

fuck off microfag

He existed before a time when Sonic started having too many stupid side characters tacked on. Also he's in 2 of the best Sonic games ever made. He got lucky as a character.

Call of Duty is one of the best shooter series.

I have no problem with Nintendo fanboys. I just wish that they would actually accept valid criticism of their overrated childhood games. Ocarina of Time is the most obvious example.

>Cred Forums has strong positive bias towards the Playstation brand and it's painfully obvious.

Shitposting aside, to people really believe this when we have a 10 year old no games meme that's still going?

AK-47s and AKMs should have the same damage as a M16 but less accuracy

So what would be the point in using them?

Its one of my favorite, and the soundtrack is still one of the best in the series, but you aren't wrong.

Technical marvel for its time though.

>Ocarina of Time is the most obvious example.
As long as you're not Egoraptor, I'm fine with the criticisms towards that game and maybe even agree with some of them.

M16 should jam then, lol.

>crash is better than mario
>sunshine isn't best 3d mario
i've never seen someone so fucking wrong

This. The reason Sunshine and Galaxy 1 felt so cozy to me was that they had a story theme, whereas Galaxy 2 and 3D World were just beat the levels. Nothing wrong with that, but it lacked that charm.

>Super Mario World > SMB3.
This so much

It's not that good. Love dark souls ost though.

Here's comes the truth bomb nobody will be able to digest: Dark souls 3 is simply Bloodborne but without guns. And whenever I see Bloodborne fanboys shitting on DaS3, I understand the level of dumbfuckery of that fanbase.

I used to see 2 as my favorite but after playing 1 again it just seemed like the way better game in terms of story,atmosphere,music and even gameplay in a way. I love 1 and play it at least once a year.

I laugh at the idea that people don't like Knuckles because he gets tricked by Eggman in cutscenes.

The games are damn near the same thing over and over again. I don't see how you could hate Demon's Souls but love Dark Souls, or hate Bloodborne and love DS3. Doesn't make sense to me.

No lies detected.

"Silent protagonist" is the worst trend ever. It is ungodly retarded watching endless amounts of npcs stare at the screen and bark orders at mute faceless retard that never acknowledges anything ever. This is the opposite of immersion. Fuck you self-insert neck beards.

Fuck you, Doomguy's awesome.

True that.
Mute protagonists are garbage.

LOLWAT

ME1 shits all over ME2

Uncharted 4 is the GOTY

Sam and max season 1 and 2 were great
Fuck you

series is underrated af in general imo

lots of ~hardcore~ gamers treat it like it doesn't exist

What? AKs shoot a bigger cartridge than M16s you underage faggot. If anything damage/velocity/range should be increased.

>Lords of the Fallen Game of the Year 2014

>Lords of the Fallen > Soulsborne

>Lords of the Fallen has the best weapon and armour design in gaming.

>Hatred Game of the Year 2015

>Homefront: The Revolution Game of the Year 2016

>The Evil Within > Resident Evil 4

>The Evil Within > Resident Evil (series)

>Project: Snowblind > Deus Ex

>Kane & Lynch: Dead Men is fucking awesome.

>Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days is fucking incredible.

>Mortal Kombat is the best fighting game series.

>Diablo III is not a Diablo game.

>Fallout died a long time ago.

>Manhunt is one of the best games ever.

>Manhunt 2 is one of the best games ever.

>Violence and gore would make most games better.

>Nintendo sucks dick and gargles balls.

>Metal Gear Solid sucks.

>Legend of Zelda sucks.

>Metroid sucks.

>Animal Crossing sucks.

I could go on for fucking ever.

>inb4 fags get emotional about a Cred Forums post.

I call it the Gordon Freeman syndrome

>Mortal Kombat is the best fighting game series.

You misspelled Soul Calibur, you are right on the other stuff even though you are a edgy sack of shit.

I like Clear Sky more than Shadow of Chernobyl

How come is that pizza floating in air?

I agree that knux was the most fun character to control in SA2, but normal levels instead of treasure hunting would have been so much better for me.

>It's popular
>From an AAA studio
>It's a shooter for consoles
"Hardcore gamers" wouldn't play it even if it was simply popular and nothing else

Most beat 'em ups are very poorly balanced and very shallow, very few of them are actually still satisfying to play.

The Mega Man Zero games aren't very good. The cyber elf system is fucking weird, poorly explained, and poorly implemented. The fact that you have to level up weapons is reall dumb. Ranking system that doesn't really belong there. Also level design just isn't as good the others. Boss design almost saves it, but the bosses are also much too hard for a Mega Man game.

Metroid Zero Mission is better than Super Metroid. Controls are a huge improvement. Bosses are more fun. Way more opportunities for sequence breaking that isn't just exploiting some bug. Only thing Super Metroid does better is level design.

Half-Life 2 is extremely overrated. It was impressive back in the day, but the gameplay doesn't have much variety to it. Instead of trying to make a good shooter, you have segments of a decent shooter that are always cut short by LOOK AT OUR PHYSICS ENGINE LOOK AT IT LOOK ITS A SEESAW THAT IS ACTING DYNAMICALLY IT REACTS WHEN YOU PUT WEIGHT ON IT LOOK YOU HAVE A GUN THAT CAN DO PHYSICS. Might've been impressive at the time, but it sacrifices replayability. Also focusing on such a technical gimmick makes the game feel incredibly dated now. Half-Life 1 feels less dated, oddly enough.

>Nintendo is exactly like it was when you were younger. Not better, not worse.
Not everyone was born in 2006, lad.

>Crash Bandicoot's ps1 trilogy is superior to Mario 64, Sunshine and Galaxy 1 and easily on part with Galaxy 2, 3D Land and 3D World.
I knew you Crash loving retards were behind the 3D World meme. It's essentially the same shit, after all.

>>Smash 4 was a disappointment because of its single player, not multiplayer/mechanics
I agree. I loved Brawl because of its singleplayer content. In terms of this, Smash 4 is really bad. There are more bad modes than the good ones, or atleast, equal.

>>Telltale studios has never released a good game
That's not unpopular opinion for people who like games

>Might've been impressive at the time, but it sacrifices replayability

While true, the real fun of HL2 was the mod scene. At most, HL2 was a sandbox for mod developers to get a feeling for what was possible in terms of physics, rather than a legitimate shooter.

I played through 2 once back in 2005 but never bothered with it after that except for GMod and Deathmatch.

>megaman zero games are bad because they're too hard
Git gud

3S is overrated as fuck. Mechanically broken with some of the most undertuned characters I've ever seen in a fighting game.

That's not what I said, m8.

My biggest complaints are just the cyber elves and having to level up weapons. Everyone I knew would just grind up the weapons in the first level, making that system pointless. And some pseudo-RPG system like that don't belong in Mega Man.

The higher than usual difficulty would be manageable if I wasn't juggling a bunch of other shit, and worrying about my fucking rank.

This is the problem with a lot of Inafune games once he went off and started doing his own thing, there's always at least one mechanic that's poorly thought out and implemented.