144hz or 1440p?

144hz or 1440p?

Both?

Are proper 144+1440p affordable monitors a thing yet or you still need to go the shitty korean way/the 800€ way?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QqZFCdKl4go
youtube.com/watch?v=XCCnChieZTc
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAB714894154
asus.com/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG279Q/
avforums.com/threads/lg-tv’s-–-global-dimming-at-scene-changes.1415880/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Between those two, I'd go for 144hz. Why even bother at 1440p? Stupid. 4k though is a different story.

did he hit his own head against the pavement?

bwahaha nice video

that's some shitty Virtua Fighter wannabe throwing

The headlock kinda screwed him over but I don't think it was intentional.

Most games don't even sup`port 1080pUI scaling, anything old will be broken at 1440p/4k

yes, like a dumb nigger he headbutted the erf

Yep.

You know nothing about computers. Go away.

>that nigga that fell for the slam meme

get you hands up nigga both of those niggas couldn't throw a punch to save their lives

>Screen refresh rate or resolution?
Why not both?

What about you kill yourself

Again, fuck off. Come back when you learn the basics.

Better yet, go back to nintendo if you can't even figure out how resolutions work.

1440p is noticeably a lot crisper than 1080p, and unlike 4k it isn't difficult to run at 60fps with modern hardware. With a 1440p and 144+ Hz monitor you're also able to run older titles at both high resolutions and experience very high framerates, making for an overall excellent experience.

>trying to prove anything with a game sold with GPUs

Seriously, kill yourself

That was a nice counter to the throw, damn, dat nigga gon' b even dumbser now!

>1600€ gpu+monitor
>can't even top 60fps in moden games

Why

So how long before we get 4k+144hz monitors?

But it can, I was running BF1 at 100+ FPS in 1440p. 4K is another issue, hence why I said that 1440p is the optimal resolution right now when you're utilising high end hardware as you can easily score 60FPS and above, whilst maintaining visual benefits over 1080p.

At the current gpu perfomance improvements, 5 years

>that pic

never try to do wrestling without training dude.

Wow. Even a Frenchman can figure out how to play a game as old as Warcraft 3 in 4k, yet it still throws your reddit ass for a loop. Get gone and stay gone this time, poser.

youtube.com/watch?v=QqZFCdKl4go

Both.
I got myself Asus PG279Q, it also has G-Sync (Freesync version is slightly cheaper if you own Radeon card). It's probably best PC upgrade purchase I did in last 10 years.

that nigga is so dumb

this is how you suplex, RUSSIAN STYLE!

youtube.com/watch?v=XCCnChieZTc

I have a 1440p 144Hz monitor (BenQ XL2730Z) and I can't recommend the combination of the two. Also want to warn you about build quality of the panels - you have to return a lot until you get a screen without flaws. Took me 7 attempts to get a single decent one. Don't even bother with ASUS or Acer.

Achieveing 144 fps at 1440p is pretty much impossible in modern games unless you turn details down a lot, in return making them so ugly that you will regret the high resolution. There are also too many frame-locked and badly optimized titles around these days, you can rarely make use of the 144Hz.
However, I have to admit that going back to 60Hz, even for day-to-day non-gaming, feels stuttery and awful once you've had 144Hz. It's just so much nicer to have low input latency.
144Hz with frame drops are awful because you can feel the increase in latency, making it extremely awkward to turn around or look up and down in games if that changes your framerate. Therefore you either have to stay at a stable framerate by caping FPS or reduce details so significantly that you stay above 144Hz at all times - which is very, very hard when your CPU does anything besides running the game (voice comms, music, streaming, animating shit in your browser - anything) and obviously requires a beastly high-end GPU.

1440p on the other hand comes with scaling issues. Many games are extremely shitty and designed around 1080p - especially all indie games. UI scaling problems are common, even for major new releases. There's also no native web content - you either have to watch 1080p videos streteched to 1440p or have to hope to find 4K stuff (which is extremely rare), permitted your connection even has enough bandwith. Enjoy having to install browser addons to make websites readable.

That said, if I had to pick either 1440p or 144Hz@1080p I'd probably go with the former because 144Hz without FreeSync/G-Sync still causes perceptible tearing and there just aren't many games that run well enough.

Both if possible. Otherwise, fps > resolution

With broken aspect ratio and disgusting upscale?

Why are you still alive?

>can't stand TN viewing angles
>can't stand 60 Hz
>all IPS panels are 60 Hz

Why the FUCK have monitors not improved since 2007?

>all IPS panels are 60 Hz
No.

ips also have non uniform pixels, it's like the pixels bleed half their color to adjacent pixels. makes pixel art look like muddy ass

IPS panels shouldn't be for gaming. They're a meme to begin with anyway.

>psvita launches with oled
oh shit its happening
oled monitors must be next!

>vita2k backpedels to lcd
welp, maybe 2020 will be the oled decade

>can't stand TN viewing angles
Just how do you sit at your computer?

asus swift p279q.

So did blue shorts ever walk or wake up again?

I'm glad they both got hurt.

>when your desperation gambit move fails to kill the boss

He fucking DDT'd that nigger good

1440p 144hz monitor costs more than half my computer

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAB714894154

lmao what

Blue shorts should've just kept it punch for punch, red shirt was flailing around like a retard.

It will stay relevant for one or two PC upgrades though.

8k 100hz

Anyone have the Asus VG248QE? I was looking at picking one up because my shitty viewsonic monitor finally died on me yesterday.

144hz seems like a meme to me
Get 1440p

My monitor occassionally darkens itself a bit for a few seconds then gets back to normal brightness. Is this normal?
I checked if automatic brightness adjustment is active in Windows but it's disabled.

>Is this normal?
no you dumb idiot of course not

Listen carefully, YOUR MONITOR IS FUCKED, GET A NEW ONE.

asus.com/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG279Q/

Well it's just slightly annoying, I'm not gonna get a new one cause of that.

Make sure you're not just blinking. I thought I had problem with my monitor and set it in for repair 15 times.

Well when it explodes in your face and melts your face off, remember what I said.

Have you tried plugging it in?

the jump from 1080p to 1440p is noticeably bigger than 1440p to 4k

1440p
The extra screen space is a godsend for general use and i prefer 1440p/60fps over 1080p 60+ anyway (1440p also adds longevity to older games and can make stuff like oblivion or bioshock look loads better)
Not to mention shit like skyrim can't even run past 60 without breaking the physics

You'd want to run your display at 120Hz in Windows though.

what type of gsync 1440p 144hz gaming monitor 24" should I get. It Needs to be 24"

>gsync
>gaming monitor
>Needs to be 24"

>400 lines is more noticeable than 700 lines
>400 lines is more noticeable than 1100 lines

here, googling the problem it turns out it is a """"feature"""" avforums.com/threads/lg-tv’s-–-global-dimming-at-scene-changes.1415880/

Re-install windows.

Buy and install Norton antivirus.

He's talking about UI scales you ass clown, of course upscaling works for visual fidelity. Most games up until recently do not support scaling UI, however, which is why they look so god damn tiny compared to the rest of the image.

>mods will fix it

Can the Human Eye even see past 1080p?