Dragon Quest X - Localization Spam

>TFW DQ devs are actually keeping in contact with the leader of the Woodus forums in regard to doing the English localization alongside the Chinese one with enough interest, and this could actually happen.

Please help out by following the instructions below, It only takes a minute or two.
-------------------------------------------------------
Greetings DQ fans!
I've been doing some research with Square Enix Support in an effort to get Dragon Quest X localized. I've had some pretty good success so far. Square Enix communicated to me that if they see enough support tickets requesting Dragon Quest X, they will consider the localization.

They have been very helpful and even offered to put me in contact with their developers, so this campaign has some realistic weight to it.

What I will need you to do is go to the Square Enix support page for any Dragon Quest game (for example, here's the one for Dragon Quest IX https:**t.co*7wtaGp04gN ) ( replace * with / ) and create a support ticket.

Here are the steps: 1. For Contact category choose Products & Services and for Contact Sub-Category choose Product Specifications.

2. Enter a subject line under contact details, and keep it to under 40 characters. For example: "DQX".

3. Hit Next. On the next page, hit Next again. Now choose Proceed to Email Support.

4. Enter in your contact information. Enter your email address twice. If you plan on creating multiple support tickets, please use a different email address per support ticket.

5. In 4000 characters or less, write a polite message to support asking for Dragon Quest X's localization. Once you submit your ticket draft you can preview it or edit it. Once you are satisfied, click Submit.

Please keep the message focused on Dragon Quest X for this campaign. If this experiment works then we can try focusing on other DQ games in the future. We can really do this! Thank you for your support.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JuITSVGBl5U&list=PLFB08913A60F22C40&index=15
woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=35101
youtube.com/watch?v=IfUBxhpJGXc
youtube.com/watch?v=ETRpiz734Sw
support.na.square-enix.com.
tapuntapblog.wordpress.com/2015/10/11/installing-dragon-quest-x-for-the-pc/
gamefaqs.com/boards/688276-dragon-quest-vii-fragments-of-the-forgotten-past/73896111
youtube.com/watch?v=tl6u2NASUzU
youtube.com/watch?v=SLCuL-K39eQ
youtube.com/watch?v=pZwsfdutzQ8
youtube.com/watch?v=pQHDNercq18
youtube.com/watch?v=McYBobLtZCs
youtube.com/watch?v=oPsryztdpck
youtube.com/watch?v=ERaBeQnY290
youtube.com/watch?v=DiZARj7bymk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

only if there's no sub fee since we're getting the game 5 years late

>Pfft port over a wii game? That system is dead.
It has a PC, WiiU and Wii Release. With Ps4 and NX versions confirmed on the horizon.
>Is it similar to FFXI
Party play is crucial, Giant world to explore, Difficult enemies and areas you remember. Also created by almost the exact same team that made FFXI
>Is it comfy?
youtube.com/watch?v=JuITSVGBl5U&list=PLFB08913A60F22C40&index=15
>I fucking hate DQ, this game is for fucking faggots.
(you)

Keep up the good work OP

so I'm guessing there are ten levels to a job in VII?

DQX is the only game I would pay a sub fee to play. I played the free trial for Japan til cap and it was heavenly. Also lewd ogre girls

that's a relief

I'd literally fap myself to death if DQX got a western release.

>In 4000 characters or less, write a polite message to support asking for Dragon Quest X's localization. Once you submit your ticket draft you can preview it or edit it. Once you are satisfied, click Submit.
Does anyone have an easy copypasta to paste into the form? I'm not confident enough in my english skills, let alone my POLITE english skills.

>youtube.com/watch?v=JuITSVGBl5U&list=PLFB08913A60F22C40&index=15
Oh yes.

Can someone post the FAQ a couple of weeks back in these threads about the best way to play the games?

I'm in the mood for a pretty long adventure game.

I feel doing a copypasta would be bad as it'd make it look like 1 guy is behind all this hype SE wants to see.

You are not wrong. Oh well, I'll try to convey the message in the most simple way.

Here I'll write you one.

I am a big fan of the Dragon Quest series and I would be in absolute support of a localization of Dragon Quest X. I vow to buy the game and all it's expansions as soon as they come out.

bamp

Neato, I'll use that one, thank you.

Shouldn't we try and spread this through social media, and get gaming news websites to report on this?

Done, thanks again. I hope it will work.

Yes, obviously. It's not like we can do it alone.

I first heard of it through tumblr's DQ fandom

Is it still true that DQX bombed in the east like fuck or did it make up its costs after all?

fuck you poorfag I will pay. Always poorfags trying to ruin DQ

Yeah, but how? The whole OP text can't be posted on twitter, only on facebook and I doubt anyone of us has got accounts on facebook.

If it bombed, I doubt it would get a NX port. It should be a hint that the game is kinda healthy.

Ill shill here, But I dont really have social media connections or anything.

Feel free to spread the word. I sent the kotaku folks ( i know i know ) an email about it, Hopefully they will report on it.

>Send one of those in
>Get a reply with a subject line like 'Dragon Quest X Localization Request' (when my subject line was just a short generic DQX or something) and a message that they appreciate the support and will be forwarding the message to the appropriate departments

Feels good to see that at the very least there's a PR monkey skimming these and preparing a canned message in regards to it specifically

I hope this works and we actually get the game, I'd fucking love to play it

we need to get frenchfags cuz japs love france muh french fags asked for DQ 7.

DQIII: SNES version with translation patch if you want better graphics, GBC if you want a couple minor extra features like Monster Medals
DQIV: Mobile, this is the only version of the remake with party chat intact
V and VI: DS
VII: 3DS
VIII: PS2 has better graphics and orchestral music but 3DS will have some extra content so up to you

I'm not really sure about I and II but I think they have translation patches on SNES too, they also have mobile ports but they look like trash imo

when do I get the other party members in VII? and are any good in magic? I want to replace Maribel as soon as possible

Agreed, Can anybody translate the below message into french so I can send it to a bunch of french sites?

-------------------------------------------------------

Hey Insert website here!

As you may know, Dragon Quest X never got a localization into english being an mmo. Many have considered this dream dead, but recently a producer got in contact with somebody at a large dragon quest forum called woodus.

They said they will do it alongside the upcoming chinese version if it gets enough support. Thousands of fans on the subreddit , Cred Forums and social media have been blasting square enix with requests.

The game has a version on many consoles including a wiiu and PC version. Square enix has also confirmed an NX version.

Read all about the specifics here ---> woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=35101

Would make a good article and help spread the cause.

Thanks!

Mervyn is ok in magic, he typically joins ~30 hours in

Maribel is pretty much the best at it though and also best girl and my favorite party member, she grew on me a lot

Not bad. Here this out, isn't Paris Games Week near? If there is some French user here, you could start something. Like, going to that convention, search the SE's section and Convice people to create a support ticket.
Like, you print out the steps and give them to interested people.

Does PC DQX still have the free two hours/day?

I want DQ XI not this MMO crap.

or we can pretend to be french and send it to them at same time as us lol.

I want both

When I sent my ticket about DQX I made sure to mention DQXI, DQM, DQM2, DQMJ3, Rocket Slime 3, Heroes 2, and Theatrhythm while I was at it

Why not both, you enormous cunt? If we get DQ "musou" and DQ "minecraft", we can also have DQ "FF XI".

so if I feed him the huge stash of magic related seeds I 've been getting he should suffice then right? and does the monster masher use wisdom at all? because I've had the MC and Ruff master thief and I'm trying to decide which becomes the pirate and which one becomes the monster masher

I'm 90% sure Monster Masher's breath skills are all fixed damage

MMOs are garbage, that's why they are dying genre.

Yes, But it is a nice comfy game that appeals to a niche audience. Its like the old rpgs you played as a kid with multiplayer gently put into it.

Very relaxing and fun, If its not your thing thats understandable. Maybe just request XI then? Or not at all. Your choice.

>353366950
Enough (you) for today, kiddo. Exceeding your dose could increase your faggotry.

It's because most try to just do the same things WoW did OR are pump and dump Korean games. Dragon Quest X is one of the few modern MMORPGs that is neither one of these.

Why would anyone on earth play DQVIII on a handheld when they could play it on TV and spend the best time of their life i don't get it
The PS2 graphics still looks awesome thanks to cel-shading

Is the gameplay even fun? Normally I can't stand ARPGs, but I love DQ. Will it even be worth playing if we get it?

Ive played it quite a bit, It is very fun. A Cred Forums guild ( i know i know ) would be pretty cosey, the DQ fanbase is fun.

Well personally I like DQ for the gameplay and I like playing most games on handhelds anyway and more content is more appealing to me than better graphics

because they can have extra fun with the 3DS's additions

TWO more party members, enemies on the map as opposed to random encounters, and miscellaneous other additions make it a good alternative to the PS2 version despite the worse graphics and minor censorship.

Well, you are free to play the better looking version with less content, if you want.
I prefer to get the extra content. Besides, once the 3Ds emulator will work better, DQ VIII on 3Ds will look way better.

>Maribel kept saying "Did you get it?" again and again in her party chat
>She lambasted you for not paying attention on what to do next if you answer no

It's like she's outright talking to those folks who just skim the dialogues and afterwards got confused on where to go next.

youtube.com/watch?v=IfUBxhpJGXc

Battle theme is pretty good.

From what I've seen, calling it an ARPG isn't really accurate. It's more like an ATB version of Dragon Quest, where player positioning matters, and you can press against enemies to push them back. Whether you can push an enemy or not is determined by a new stat, and you can effectively ignore it if you want by playing a caster.

Who are these 2 characters and what is this additionnal content ? Haven't looked into it since i don't own a 3ds

Red (Yangus's waifu) and Morrie (the guy who runs the Monster Arena)

>Red
NICE

Hey ... !

Comme vous le savez sûrement, Dragon Quest X na jamais eu de localisation en anglais étant un Mmo.
Beaucoup considère ce rêve mort, mais récemment un producteur est entré en contact avec quelqu'un d'un grand forum Dragon Quest appeler woodus.

Ils ont dit qu'ils le feront à côté de la prochaine version chinoise si sa reçois assez de support.
Des millions de fans sur subreddit, Cred Forums et des médias sociaux ont envahit Square Enix avec des requêtes.

Le jeux a une version sur plusieurs consoles incluant la Wii u et le pc. Square Enix a aussi confirmé une version NX.

Vous pouvez lire tout les détailles ici ---> woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=35101

Aidé à propagé la cause !

------------
Is this fine ?

V has the best normal battle theme
youtube.com/watch?v=ETRpiz734Sw

I will sent them a support ticket that I don't want this game.

I honestly feel like DQX could replace Ragnarok for many people, which makes me wonder why they haven't released the game internationally years ago.

French is not my first language but I studied it a little. It sounds good.

Well I am French but i mostly use English now.
So my french is quite rusty.

Because squenix are racist dicks, specially that sugiyama dude.

Its sad that when he dies, im sure he will put a clause disallowing the use of his music in future games or old remakes.

For some reason this is the only DQ battle theme I can actually remember

I can barely remember VII's and I just played it a few hours ago

This bullshit will never stop, will it?

I sent one and im lazy as fuck.

If i did it you guys can too only takes a few moments..

V's just has more impact than the others with just how intense it is for normal battle music

how does mine look

i dont know about you but you have to question someone who denies or says that war crimes are justified

Is that not true, then why did squenix put that no-stream-cuz-music clause in DQHeroes?

His ideas are questionable but that doesn't mean his work is influenced by those ideas. There is no fucking source except paranoia that he is forcing the west to have non-orchestrated music. Besides, having a stupid pride about your own nation doesn't automatically make you xenophobic.

If that's true then why the PS2 version of DQ VIII never had botchered music in the west?

>Walk into DQVII village filled with stone people
>Cant interact with innkeeper to sleep
>"Oh well, Ill just bum around"
>Go into centre building
>Boss fight Starts
>No MP for healing
>4500 Gold in inventory

Just end me senpai..............

Never could enjoy 7 because it's slow as fuck.

The low fps are driving me insane.
Everything just feels too sluggish.

Then why we wont have orchestrated music in a game it had before?

inb4 nintendo / the treehouse

Wow, Cirrus' ancestral home sure reminds me of King Kai's planet.

A comparison between the two is fair, IVe certainly played RO and would play this.

Couldn't find a DQ 7 thread and Im desperate to know. I missed the first set of downloadable travelers tablets any guesses if they'll ever be back up? Also this would be amazing if it happened.

It's been like 4 years, what's even the point now? It's an mmo right? There is no point of arriving 4 years late in a fucking mmo.

Nobody knows for sure. Maybe they could put them back later but who knows.
Granted, if you are VERY lucky, you could still receive those tablets you missed via streetpass.

Besides, it's still a mistery to me when they update the tablets. They put new ones each week? Or each month?

I am not an mmo expert but I guess anyone can start playing a mmo whenever they want, that's why most mmo get new users each year.
As long as the company puts new content in the mmo, who cares if you arrived late.

eh, if it gets translated they'll probably not have mixed servers, so NA/EU folks get a fresh start of their own. if the servers are mixed (like they were in ffxi) you can expect to get shat on by the jps for a while unless you're nice

Yup, Its also a game much more about the adventure and co-op, Not so much worrying about perfect team composition for hard bosses, its pretty relaxed.

I've done my part, let's see what happens.

DQ I & II: Snes
DQ III: Snes
DQ IV: DS
DQ V: DS or PS2
DQ VI: DS
DQ VII: 3DS
DQ VIII: PS2
DQ IX: DS

I'd rather they translated Theatrhythm Dragon Quest instead of a shitty Pay2Win Pay2Play WoW-Clone MMO.

>Rythm music "games" meme

Kek.

Hey now, Both games are good. I would love DQ theatrhythm as well. Dosent mean we cant get a bit of a different mmo to come over here.

Id like to see dragons dogma online here as well, showing interest in japanese mmos could help in the longrun.

Then make a request for that too, nobody stops you.

Original versions every time. Real men don't play remakes.

Gonna be honest. I play ff14 already and that had a worldwide rerelease, i wouldnt want to pay a sub fee for a game 5 years old.

This is a nice reply

They actually responded to my email of yesterday saying that atm they wont do anything regarding DQX but they are considering it, I smilled, I hope they are working on it.

>its pretty relaxed.
So it's casual then. How disappointing.

It's nice to get answers but we must drown them in requests.

ah yes, the nail-biting difficulty of the previous games will be a bitter loss

If this true, you should go to GameXplain or Happy Gamer Console, both channels really love DQ

*Happy Console Gamer

Yeah guys let's spam for a game that will likely bomb hard in the west and cause Square Enix to never release a DQ game outside of Japan ever again!

If there's people insterested enough to mail a company to get a game, those same people are most likely interested in buying the game as well. So it won't bomb.

Obviously not.

But at least they are trying to calm the audiences properly and respectfully...

Also, i just got mine.

Heh. BTFO.

I just got mine too. He said he will refer about my request to his superiors. Very polite, I know it's just PR talk though.

I just got the exact same mail.

If it bombed it would be dead, instead of still alive and working on its 4th major expansion and still being ported to everything under the sun

It's gotten like three expansions dude.

Granted I don't know much about the MMO market in Japan but that sure doesn't sound like a bomb

>Pay2win
>WoWclone
It is pay to play but goddamn is it not either of these things.

>DQ IV: DS
The mobile port has party chat, which is a pretty big deal in a game with 8 party members

>mobile port

I'd love you to notice how a good chunk of shitposts are made by people that don't know anything about DQX or DQ in general.
They just parrot what they read here.

It's an mmo, stop trying to compare it to previous games.

>Mobile

My Luma is up to date, but I can't use the download bar in Dragon Quest 7. It says I need to update in order to conect to the internet, but I can use the web browser just fine. Anyone know how to fix it? I bought the game physically

>I bought the game physically

>comfy MMO with cheap subscription, nice enemies and godlike music
>will bomb
nah senpai

I'm not him, but the mobile port is actually pretty great. DQIV is a turn based RPG, it isn't like playing it with a touch screen makes the gameplay any worse.

Dragon quest 9 sold great didn't it? They should try doing that again.

What's wrong with mobile ports? I'm playing DQ4 on my phone, and it's quite nice, except the fact that I wasted 5 fucking hours when I first launched it.

From what I've heard the mobile DQ ports actually found a decent, comfortable control scheme that doesn't feel finicky as shit like a touchscreen mobile emulator does, which is the biggest problem with mobile games

I'd play them myself if I didn't already beat all the DS DQ games

It might be a little bit of a pain to set it up initially, but I was able to get my controller to work for it using the Bluestacks Android emulator.

1.5 million outside of Japan is bad? If we will forget that it did 5 mil. in nippon

It's just a gripe of mine but if I had to chose, I'd never play a game like a proper jrpg on a mobile phone. I use phones for short session of timewasters, simple games for short sessions. A game like a platformer with lots of stages or a jrpg fits more a console. But that's just my own opinion. My phone is basically an internet browser machine at this point.

Holy shit, people are banding together to try and get this localized?
I'll send one hell of an email kissing ass for a western release. Keep on keeping on guys.

I would play the shit out of this, sub fee or not

Finger crossed. Hopefully, someone is spamming woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=35101 around the web.

DQ is a bit different kind of jRPG: there is no overly-complicated story or 2 hour cutscenes, so you can just turn it on, get a level-up or two, move the main story, turn it off. It works for the older, more short games, like DQIII and IV.

DQVII question. Where do I find the monster at the Coral Cave to get the post game tablet fragment from him?

You need to update the 3ds.

I only played DQ8 when it was released but it was really awesome.
I would play the fuck out of DQX.

Sent. This might be the first MMO with a sub fee for me. If it gets a release here, of course.

And for the god's sake, sqeenix better keep their European branch off this game. They turn everything they touch into garbage with microtransactions.

He's on the floor with a bunch of branching hallways, somewhere on the east side. You talk to him, then talk to King Scoober, and then talk to him again.

Based Sugiyama can do and say whatever he want, because he is one of the best composers this planet ever seen.

I sent the campaign idea to around 15 news sites, Hopefully somebody reports on it.

Could use some foreign anons to send emails to some of their languages gaming sites.

Playing DQ9, 60 hours in. Is it going to end?

I fear that this can backfire terribly, with hundreds of people sending something like "lol niggers".

Should have already.

Final boss is fucking brutal.

Nice, user. I'll see what I can do with news sites of my country.

Thats the same one i got fuck square

if you've doing the now non-existant postgame content? Never.If you are use the table for your own sake.

Well it's being advertised on Cred Forums right now so that's more than likely already happened anyway

Nigger, what do you expect? You really think they would put a handful guys making different answers to eachother for hundreds and hundreds of e-mails about the same subject?
The important thing is making them hear our voice. More voices they hear, more possibilities to get the game we have.

You expected them to write each letter individually? When are they going to make games then?

Come on user. I bet you haven't even leveled all of the Legacy Bosses up to 99 yet.

Is he in the past or present

>Do the postgame Kiefer tablet
>Thought it was going to let me get Kiefer back in my party
>Instead it was just a half hour long fetch quest with Zoom disabled and didn't actually even add any new story information, just confirmed what was already obvious anyway

Ok

>finish DQVII
>Monsters are still everywhere

What the fuck is there a secret boss post game?

He's in the present.
In the past there's two ghosts in the hallway with all the arches in Coral Cave, talk to them after killing the Demon King in the past and they'll also give you a tablet piece

DQ takes you back to before you beat the final boss in case you want to fight them again

You know those Mysterious Fragments you've been picking up? Keep getting em. And check the basement of the Mystery Shrine.

I think I hit the area level cap because my hero is level 33.

Is there anywhere I can train classes with no caps? Because it seems like I hit the level cap for everywhere up until Coastal.

Make any tablet yourself.

Yes even a tablet of slimes will have no cap.

All tablets you make yourself and all migrant ones starting with the Vile Vial one have no level cap

If you've cleared Nottagen just make a tablet with some shitty monsters and grind there

Make a tablet yourself or progress the story
The last few areas don't seem to have any cap that I've hit, I'm still getting job levels even going back trying to capture monsters.

What's stopping them now? It's on pc so there's no need to publish on dead consoles anymore.

Anyone have any tips on recruiting a Metal King Slime? I want to make a better experience grinding tablet

I just finished playing VII. I fucking love it. Maribel is such a cutie.

Can someone recommend other good jrpgs on the 3ds?

I've played all SMT IV and IVa.

DQVIII soon

They fear that it'll bomb, because DQ isn't popular outside of Japan.

Persona Q but only if you played P3 and P4
Or at least saw the P3 movies and P4 anime.

Bravely Default and Bravely Second
Legend of Legacy

Upcoming Dragon Ball Fusions

Devil Survivor Overclocked and Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker

Upcoming Dragon Quest 8

That's pretty muh everything from worthwhile RPGs on 3DS.

3 monster mashers and a champion

Metorite bracers to give you a speed boost.

Take a couple of rounds using animal magnitism, finish it off with a blade of ultimate power.

Go play other DQs on DS, lol.

Oh yeah and Soul Hackers, how could've forgotten about that.

And there's also Pokemon which people seem to like, but I don't.

...fuck, I've never thought to try using Blade of Ultimate Power on a metal enemy, I always just assumed it wouldn't work and kept spamming Hatchet Man

The Etrian Odyssey games and SMT4/A are also good. Soul Hackers is a little mediocre but that AESTHETIC.

It is, unless you mean the non cfw part. Won't that brick my system?

Read his fucking point you illiterate fuck, he played SMT4 and Apocalypse already.

And Etrian Odyssey is pretty bad unless you're a masochist that likes plot-less artificial difficulty "RPG"s.

>DQ VII
>Reach The Almighty
>Underpants Dance
>Sends forth lightning which deals ~250 to each party member
Fuck, I got my teeth kicked in. Am I really supposed to grind for levels until His attacks hurt less?

yup. A tip on the tablet you are trying to create

Even if you have a tablet of 3 metal kings, the 4th and 5th monsters spots are determined by the leader of the tablet and most times they end up populating the majority of the dungeon instead. You can game this somewhat by setting a monster from the special monster list. I would recommend metal mannequins since they give good xp too. Then you're dungeon will indeed have a lot of king metals.

Frick off, rude dude.

Basically. You need to beat it in under a certain amount of rounds, 3 times, to get to the next dungeon anyway.

Damn right I'm rude, and you're illiterate

29 hours into 7 and just unlocked classes. When do get my next party member. I heard you need the magic carpet for mervyn. Which island is that one?

>finished DQVII and SMTIVA when they were just out for two weeks
dafuq?

At your rate you'll probably get him another 30 hours in. I unlocked classes 15 hours in and got Mervyn around the 30 hour mark.

There's an island of frenchies which appears later on, but you won't get the magic carpet until you clear one of the blue pillars. I think it's the second to last one.

if DQX gets a translated my dick will literally explode and my life will be over because i will become a shut in to play it

A long ass time

FUCK NO

last thing i want is BRs destroying DQ

>MMORPG shit

I'd support it if I could pirate it. Good luck fags, call me when they decide to localize the games that actually matter

Are you using a9lh or emunand? If it's a9lh it's okay to update your sysnand as long as your Luma is updated. If it's emunand just update the emunand without touching your sysnand.

10 hours in and I'm about to fix E.L.L.I.E

Doesn't feel like a 90 hour game

Buy to play is the best model. Pay to play is old and busted.

Besides that it already has 1 hour for free per day going for it so the BR boogeyman will come anyhow.

THe original certainly is. But with the right planning this one is more like a 65-80, depending on how you play.

For the record you are laughably early.

>¿donde son limos metálicos?

You're extremely early in the game
Overall the 3DS version is probably like 70-80 hours. I finished at 80 with a lot of fucking about in the casino but no grinding.

I think it's a9lh. Is that what the luma guide uses?

but only for 1 hour tho

Well shit. Also my pace isn't really this slow its just that I spent way too much time in the casino. Also what's the best class for ruff. Thinking of grinding for vocations in the slimetree tablet.

The plailect one? Yes, it uses a9lh. Just check in your system setting whether your version has 'Sys' in the beginning. If it is, you can update safely through system setting update.

How can this be successful in the west when western markets are already saturated with MMOs and DQ isn't popular? I hope they localize it but are reasonable with its pricing model.

Red and Morrie are the new party members. Red is a mandatory join after you beat Captain Crow, Morrie is optional for beating Rank S of the arena. As for the changes

>Can redistribute your skill points so you aren't accidentally locked into a shitty spec forever.
>Encounters can be seen on the field
>High speed combat mode added
>HP/MP restored upon level up
>Twin dragon lash significantly nerfed
>Helm splitter drops defense by 25% instead of 50%
>More skill points given at early game, particularly for Angelo
>Oomph doubles attack instead of 1.8 times
>Dungeon maps automatically acquired. Previous chests containing maps replaced with gold.
>Some items are changed (notably 1 more slime crown and gold ingot can be obtained easily)
>More mini medals added. More mini medals rewards added.
>More alchemy receipes added.
>More items added (in particular new weapons for the 2 new characters)
>Alchemy is now instant. You can also synthesise up to 99 items in 1 session if you have enough ingredients.
>You can set the MC under auto (AI) in combat now. You cannot remove MC from main party after you have more than 4 members.
>Blue chests, which will respawn with items over time, are added
>Photography quests added
>New rank (rank SS) for Monster Battle Road added
>New monsters are available for scouting
>2 new optional dungeons added
>More costumes added. There are new costumes for everyone

So yes, if you've already played the PS2 version, I'd still say it's worth picking this up for all the new additions.

Can you explain how the fuck square managed to make 10 games with the same gameplay and still sell them like hot cupcakes?

>and DQ isn't popular
nice meme

>already saturated with MMOs
Name me some good MMOs.

I didn't mess around in the casino or grind much until near the end and I beat the final boss at the 55 hour mark. Though I had to go back and find a bunch of mini medals to access the postgame dungeon, and I spend plenty of hours in the casino since then as well as vocation grinding. I'm at the 75 hour mark now and I'm still not ready to take on the secret boss.

Don't grind your vocations, just keep playing through the game and your vocations will rank up just fine. Make Ruff into whatever you want. Shepherd gets a 0 MP sleep skill which targets everyone, so that's pretty helpful.

Same goes for many multi-million sellers.

Well for one, it wasn't Square before VIII, it was Enix.

But the main reason is that even if the gameplay is very samey across the games, it's extremely solid gameplay, and that's why it holds up.

It's not popular here. All the sales are from Japan.

I hear ya. I mean I kind of just wanted to shoot fir the champion vocation early so I could sweep all the bosses but if you say so.

Fuck me I just finished Hubble in DQ7 and I'm pretty sure I must have missed a stone somewhere because I have nowhere to go right now.

X>Info>Next Fragment

HOLY FUCK SEND HELP
IVE BEEN STUCK ON PIGNIGGER AND FURFAG IN ALLTRADES FOR THREE HOURS
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG

Kill the tiger first
Spend every single one of Maribel's turns healing
Have anyone who's Dazzled heal too

I hope you mean the second fight with them because first one is uniwwinable I think.

Thank you friend I'm glad I spent a couple hours running around blindly because I though the purple guys guidance and fortune tellers where the only hints you get.

1) buy and have medicinal herbs in your inventory
2) if you can afford it buy the sleep stick from cliff town
3) defend, seriously why leave maribel open despite doing shit for damage?
4) take out the one who seems to do more damage first.

>Porkbun used Sneezedust
>Hero is dazzled!
>Maribel is dazzled!
>Woof is dazzled!
>800 turns later
>Your party is no longer frazzled!
>PORKBUN USED SNEEZEDUST
>D A Z Z L E D

Use the Salvation Stone

>crack costs 2MP, does 10 damage
>crackle costs 3MP, does 50 damage
I can forget about crack now?

Forget both and get staff of divine wrath.

Wait, I can put one to sleep?

>It's a "boss has Disruptive Wave" episode

Yeah I think the cat is really prone to it if I remember right.

Maybe I was just overleveled, but the fight was relatively easy for me.

>Get response

Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX support,

We appreciate your support for Dragon Quest X. We are glad to hear your feedback for the game and we will be forwarding it to the appropriate department. We look forward to hearing from you in regards to our other titles. Please take care!

Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.

For additional assistance with this issue, you can reply to this email directly. For assistance with a new issue, please visit the SQUARE ENIX Support Center at support.na.square-enix.com.

>DQ8
>the "wave of ice" bullshit for bosses

If they didn't have that, Psych Up would've been absurdly broken
They should've made that a skill in everyone's fifth skill tree or something.

>Party play is crucial
Well we're boned, unless it forces it on you like it was in XI west can't into drone mentality

Where is the mermaid moon.

It still is. Two timbrels of tension is gg on anything.

i love this thread and everyone in it

Link to the site is the only important part

>hey tanaka, it's another stupid gaijin who wants us to release dqx in the west
>ah, silly gaijin. give him stock response or whatever, fuck him

Did it have to kill all your other buffs too?

We love you too, user!

I'm only 13.

Oh, I was 17 in that fight.

Your age doesn't matter, you just need to grind a little more.

Enjoy ur ban

I meant my level, you donut

And what is this.

So Armamentalist seems like garbage compared to other intermediate classes is there anything good about this class?

Voice acting, while I appreciate the effort they out in to add voice to the western release, you can tell it wasn't really made for it and makes the game run really slow, and while the voices aren't terrible I'd still prefer Japanese voice in a DQ game, and I've been waiting 10 years at this point for it, and hopefully they sync it better since a lot of the game is being done from ground up.

I MEANT IM LEVEL 13 FUG

bad press and is still press, dumb frog poster

Yeah but they gave it to every boss specifically cause you can kill basically everything in just a few rounds of 50/100 tension Twin Dragon Lash/Falcon Slash/etc spam. Normally only a handful of bosses have Disruptive Wave since regular buffs, while very useful, are nowhere near as busted as everyone having Psych Up available at all times was.

if I lived on an awesome island I'd keep barbarians out too

How long is ix again?

I played it around 25 hours back when I had an r4 card.

The funny thing is, I don't remember anything about the game except it the world tree, yggdrasil.

They will live on an awesome island of their servers.

I love DQ but I've never wanted DQX.

What's so great about it?

>dat cross
I miss the times when priests were actually Christian.

MOOOOOOOOOOOODS

>[Deleted]
KEK

aww shucks, thanks user :3

If you have friends who are offline, you can hire them to follow you ala DQVII.

You can also hire randoms, but exp boost if you play with real people.

It's not going to happen, and honestly it shouldn't so late in the game's life. Don't waste your time.

>b-but we got VII and VIII!

We were going to get those anyway.

How many tablets can you download a day?

No limit to the DLC ones, but you can only share your tablets with other players every 24 hours

It's a good support class. Though overshadowed by sage.

>Dead

RIP

ill write my own personalize message but what are key points i should bring up. cant really think of anything besides i want it.
also how the monetization on this game? its pretty old now right? how strong is it going now? im a fan of the whole buy once and play but this doesnt seem to be the case.

Contributed, thanks for the info

It's a cool MMO in the DQ universe. Try to play Japanese demo version.

>Japanese demo version.
Tell me more

>but what are key points i should bring up

>I want to play it
>I'll pay for it
>I'll tell my friends

I think I read it has more subs in japan than ffxiv has worldwide

How do I make one then?

Follow the steps.
tapuntapblog.wordpress.com/2015/10/11/installing-dragon-quest-x-for-the-pc/

>demo version

Pls help user pls.

not you, tho

Have a little smooch as thanks

--read this--

Thanks nigger. Going to try this out.

DQX seems to be doing fine but XIV is probably larger, if only for the worldwide release. DQX reported 300k a few years ago when it was at its largest. XIV's misleading 250k meme is most likely larger than the current DQX numbers, and the actual number is probably double that.

How big is the trial version?

>a few years ago
In 2014, two years ago.

up to lvl 20 and u can do the sinle player mode up in till u make ur onlien toon.

Well, FFXIV does already have a Chinese release, so we'll just have to see how much bigger the sub numbers get for DQX when its Chinese release happens.

>DQX reported 300k a few years ago
That was daily logins, not subs. FFXIV was reporting 500k daily logins at the same time. They refused to comment on FFXI daily logins

You can level up your character to lv 20, and your class to lv 9. A lot of quests and items are missing.

Does anyone have a link to that gamefags thread with info on every DQVII skill and what monsters teach them? I can't seem to find it

DQ Heroes II in the west when

How does monster heart evolution work. I want a platking.

I've heard if you have one character master 16 different monster vocations you'll be able to switch them to Plat King, not sure if there's any more to it or not

I signed it. Only 300,000 more people need to do the same.

Well, that'll teach me for not specifying what 13 meant.

Good work mods

>dq 9
>characters receive less exp when fighting with full party
>low level characters receive less exp than high-level
Was that really fucking necessary?

If you go by daily logins and not subs, its even worse for FFXIV. Because at any given time, the majority of the people playing are on the free trial or their first free month. In other words, they're not subbed. And most of them quit the game before ever subbing once.

On the flip side, the two times the DQ producers have spoken up about DQX numbers, they specifically said subs. Not log ins.

It also becomes embarrassing when you realize DQX, a game released only in Japan, is going toe to toe with FFXIV, a game released worldwide. Even with a small turn out of only 100-200k people in the west, it could match or surpass FFXIV worldwide. And China, where DQX is being localized next, is probably going to surpass everyone.

That was a really shitty part of DQ IX.

DQ9 was made with multiplayer/MMO mechanics in mind, as an experiment for DQX. So, yeah, it makes sense.

>MMO

But why?

Because go and try trial, you lazy cookie.

>multiplayer/MMO mechanics in mind
You receive less exp while in party in MMOs? What?

Yuji Horii wanted to make an MMO as far back as 1999, after seeing Ultima Online. But he waited, since the PS1 and PS2 weren't viable for MMOs. Heck, the Wii wasn't even viable for MMOs. But I guess he couldn't wait any more.

The nice thing about it is, since he used UO, FFXI and DQIX as a model instead of WoW, DQX is one of the few good MMOs out today. It really is DQIX with all the flaws fixed.

>Yuji Horii
I am scared to even think that someone from The Big Three will eventually die. They are so very old now.

In most MMO, to prevent/reduce the effect of people leveling up quickly by powerleveling, exp restriction/penalty is added, the guy who's being powerlevel'd won't get the same exp to powerleveler until they reach certain level range.

Its actually pretty fun. Its like a really long DQ game, just with your friends.

Its very faithfull and packed full of content.

Anyone played DQ Builders on the vita? How does it play?

How much did I break the game if I have the champion class before even moving on from the abbey?

Champion trivializes everything right up to a bit before the final boss so quite a bit, if you don't mind that though, more power to you and have fun

This one?
gamefaqs.com/boards/688276-dragon-quest-vii-fragments-of-the-forgotten-past/73896111

That's the one, thanks friend, gonna bookmark it this time

Dragon Quest is so fucking cool, why westerners don't really like it? Is it because of cartoon-ish design? Or is it because of the stale gameplay?

Because it's cartoonshit aimed for kids and has shitty graphics. Real gamers play dark, gritty games in 4k with 144fps.

Spotty history of releases and poor advertising when we actually did get the games.

I finished all trades abbey 17 hours in, and recruited Mervyn 33 or so hours in, so you're about halfway.

Enix and later SquareEnix only advertised 4 games in 25 years. And many games didn't get released at all, as can be seen by this thread where fans have to literally beg for the games.

This. And even when the games sell decently outside of Japan they act like it's never enough.
Joker 3 never

More like they seem to expect DQ to sell proportionally as well as it does in Japan, when Japan's been getting DQ nonstop since like DQ3 while everywhere else has often gone years without seeing a single spinoff release.

Fuck's sake until the remakes, no one outside of Japan got V or VI, and Europe is only getting VII for the first time with the 3DS version.

if I buy the ps4 version would I be able to play or do they even fuck you over if you try to play the console versions

From what I've heard the game's servers don't allow non-Japanese IPs to connect because fuck you

Non-Jap IPs are blocked, like most Jap MMOs

I fucking wish western releases of MMOs would have the balls to block South America and China at the very least.

Why do the Chinese ruin North American servers even in games with dedicated Chinese servers

I think its even worse. If you look at the history of what SquareEnix supports, its only really series that sold MORE than they did in Japan. SE seems to think that since America has 3x the population of Japan, all games should sell 3x as much. And the only series to do this are Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. Hence why they were the only series supported for almost a decade.

SquareEnix has suddenly flipped that around and now they're localizing everything possible. But doesn't change how between 2008 and 2014, they skipped over everything that wasn't a FF game or its spin off. Which sadly includes over a dozen DQ games and the MMO.

Because of the retards that buy in game currency for real dollars from chink websites that totally aren't going to steal your account or your credit card info no sir.

For fuck's sake they even infest private servers with their shit unless they're specifically blocked out, it's nuts.

24fps*

Hello ,i'm a lifelong fan of the Dragon Quest series, i have almost every game released on the west, i recently purchased DQVII 3DS, Dragon Quest Heroes PS4 and have Dragon Quest Builders PS4 already pre-ordered.

I would absolutely buy Dragon Quest X and stay subscribed for years if it got a western release, my favorite MMORPG was Final Fantasy XI and i played it for several years.

Please bring Dragon Quest X to the west, on any platform you want, i buy any platform that has a Dragon Quest game.

Thank you so much and fingers crossed!!

PS:

I would also love if you could bring the 3DS remakes Dragon Quest Monsters 1 & 2.

Rocket Slime remains one of my favorite games of all time, it's just so charming and fun! please bring Rocket Slime 3 too!

A special New 3DS with slimes all over it wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Sent

ogre girls are so cute

There's a dozen games on the SNES that Squaresoft never released overseas, and seventeen that Enix never released, we generally take it for granted now because most of them have been fan translated or remade in some cases.

Thanks user, send another on a different email if you have one ;)

>Please bring Dragon Quest X to the west, on any platform you want
Suddenly I realized that they may not release it on PC in the West...

CUTE!

They'd be stupid not to. The PC market in Japan is fucking miniscule compared to the west and they still have a PC version over there anyways.

Pics of the collection. Pic is shitty but you get the point

Square was also dumb back then, making entire games aimed at the western market instead of just releasing the games they already made. They've never really understood the western market and just got lucky with one big game. And by luck, I mean they put the largest marketing budget in gaming history behind it, second only to Pokemon.

>They'd be stupid not to.

Think of who you're talking about, user.

That's Square Enix we're talking about. They're not really good in making smart decisions.

They were stupid not to release it two years ago when they made a PC port, for the very reason you just named. Probably like 2,000 people total bought it for PC in Japan. Its obvious that they made a PC port because they were planning to release it in China/the west. But then sat on it for years. Probably because they thought FFXIV was doing good enough. And boy did that fall apart quickly after Heavensward.

Has there ever been a console-only MMO? Serious question. Closest I can think of is the old Phantasy Star Online.

>ATB system

D R O P P E D

R

O

P

P

E

D

>dropped
You can't drop something you never had a chance to play. Nice try though.

You wanted a turn-based system in a MMO?

Triggered by a frog what's it like to be autistic

I asked for DQMJ3 instead.

I got the same, kek
>tfw is futile

>We are sorry to inform that for the time being, we have no news or information on any plans to release Dragon Quest X in the EU. Please do check the Square Enix page
for more updates and news. If you have any other queries, please contact us again. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. Kind regards,The Square Enix Support Centre team

Well what were you expecting? It's a good sign that they replied at all and actually prepared a PR message in regards to this specifically, and there was no chance of them sending a personalized response to each and every one of the thousands of people doing this, I don't know why the fuck people are acting like getting a canned message is a slap in the face here

You didn't ask polite enough.

Does Europe get a different message than North America?

>You will never explore the world as a cute Puku

why live.

Yes.

Holy shit source of image please.

What exactly is X though is it a spin-off or mainline title?

Everquest Adventures

It's numbered so it's mainline

Its the 10th mainline game and was made at the same time as Dragon Quest IX.

Soon.

Packed full of content WE'LL NEVER SEE BECAUSE REASONS

For dq7, is there a list of locked doors/chests to return to with keys? This isnt normally a problem but the game is so much fucking longer than other DQs and I can't recall where any of the ones I've seen are, aside from the locked door in estard.

S O O N

Here's all the shit I had to go back to. Anything not listed is AFTER you can get the key so I didn't bother writing it down.

THIEF'S KEY
>Greenthumb
>Pilgrim's Rest

MAGIC KEY
>You can get this before you run into any chests that require it. As soon as you get the Magic Carpet just go loot Bulgio's mansion.

ULTIMATE KEY
>Estard (tunnel door)
>Estard Castle (Basement)
>Wind Shrine (Present)
>Cathedral of Light

OTHER SHIT
>Undersea Ruins (Present, talk to Gracos V after the Demon King reveals himself)
>No, you can never open that chest in the item store in Pilchard Bay

Honestly though anyone who doesn't share their own tablets in DQVII is a massive cunt

Thanks m8. Awo I just got to the bandit key and ran around trying every door with it after seeing it opened the "jail" type door in the bandits hideout. So much wasted time. It's the ultimate key that usually works on those doors.

They should have made the make your own tablets thing accessible WAY earlier on.

Yeah the bandit key is only for the bandit hideout. Threw me off for a minute at first too.

Do the chests in the estard item shop ever open?

I have all the keys and can't open them

But then again I haven't beaten the bonus dungeons yet and I still half expect Maribels boyfriend to open up a weapon shop upstairs

Nope, forgot to mention those in the "Other" section

without decent maps why would you try? and I got a fair share, just not Jap levels of metal king spam

But I want...

>hitting Moostapha for 721 damage from a single Knuckle Sandwich
holy SHIT
does a stronger skill even exist?

>post yfw they never localize a DQ game ever again

Cannot be portrayed.

>Not hitting for 1.4k with Knuckle Sandwich
Yes, there's Blade of Ultimate Power

When can I actually use my magic carpet? All I get is "but it won't get off the ground!" Everywhere I try. Do I need some other story progress to make into work?

Go back and talk to the guy who gave it to you
Also once you do get it, you can't use it in the past

Dude sold you a defective carpet. Go demand a refund.

To be honest, when you hit a certain strength blade of ultimate power is actually worse than knuckle sandwhich/multifists when oomph'd. But it does hit metals so you'll still want it.

take it back to Honore
his maid will tell you some shit, pay attention to what she asks for

if you pay attention you'll know when you need to go back to see her

>if you pay attention
no thanks

>Finish game
>only 78 medals found

Welp fuck this shit. I'm not gonna play the post game dungeons.

You only need 7 more, dude
Did you get the bundle of 5 in Vovograd?

Yeah I did. I guess I'm gonna grind all my parties to be heroes first then I'll visit all the dungeons again.

Reminder that if you haven't made at least 5 different emails to send gibsmedat to square enix you don't deserve to get any fucking game, fuck off casual.

where da shadows at tho

rari-ho

Mature quest is the best Dragon quest game.

Just look up a guide, your pretty damn close

I just hope they make at least the english localization for europe. I honestly think just porting over the english version here won't be expensive at all and so it will be profitable. I don't mind if they just localize for the USA, but I want good servers.

>goo to the monster meadows
>no monsters
what the fuck? where are they?

They're kinda there but they need enclosures to actually live in

>that final dungeon and boss

Wow, what a wet fart. They even reused the same boss song from earlier.

Maybe this was a fake final boss?

Question, can you share the tablets from the download bar over streetpass?

No, it was the real deal this time, at the end of the tainted shrine.

It's too late. There's only one more expansion planned for the game, and then it's going to be dead.

I don't get it, the game is on 3DS, Wii, Wii U, Android AND PC.

Are they all different versions? Do they all share the same online space?

The difference is graphical. I'm fairly certain they do indeed share the same online space.

3ds ver is streaming the game and u got pay stream fees too.

Even if game finished in japan does not mean we cant get it at all can translate slowly do expac 1 etc.

Alriiight, finally got to Alltrades, I can finally pick my jobs.

What should I make my party? Hero will be Warrior, but I'm not sure about Isabel and Bark.

We're not even going to play on the Japanese servers, who cares if it's dead in Japan?

>sabel and Bark

>>sabel
FUCK
*isabel

thread ost
youtube.com/watch?v=tl6u2NASUzU

Yes but is X actually any good?

I want this game so I can be a slutty dancer.

according to the Japs, X has the best story to date

atleast we know it can't be as bad as II or as bland as VI

Not really. People are just freaking out because they don't have it.

Watch the videos. Play the demo. See for yourself. I played the fuck out of the trial version and I want more.

Do you have to jump through hoops and use VPN to play the demo too?

No need for VPN. You have to go through some moon shit, though.

Well I can read Moon, so that's no big deal. Cool, I've been wanting to try the demo out but I keep forgetting to look into it.

Report back to us when you're done.

Anyone? Also, what progression should I do for expert classes?

Do whatever the fuck you want to do.

Isn't the demo just the short offline campaign that at this point has a completely different interface from the main online game?

So anyone down for a dark and edgy reboot with evil red slimes?

there are already red slimes.

..you okay, user? You seem grumpy.

I think Dragon Quest could get away with doing a classical dark&edgy thing.

Something like youtube.com/watch?v=SLCuL-K39eQ

Dragon Quest already has dark story themes. One of its greatest strengths is having really messed up story arcs in an otherwise bright and animated style.

Making both the story themes and art design dark just makes it too one-dimensional. Like Final Fantasy or Game of Thrones.

They are orange.

In the first DQ game, they are red. Orange slimes are She Slimes which are actually different.

Out of curiosity, how much is the monthly fee for playing X?

$10

About $10 I think
IIRC there's also a few free hours a day intended for kids to play without a subscription but it's not like there's any age limit on that.

Got any good videos tonight, Chen?

>IIRC there's also a few free hours a day intended for kids to play without a subscription
1 hour a day. So you have a whole year of a free to play game.

>Multifists
this seems like it would be really good, why doesn't anyone talk about it? is there a monster that you can learn it from?

Thank you. Speaking as a poorfag, it seems reasonable I guess

not really

youtube.com/watch?v=pZwsfdutzQ8

Is there pufffupuffu in X? This is very important.

Cause Multifists and Sword Dance are effectively the same thing
And Oomph sadly only applies to the first hit instead of every hit, so it's not much stronger than Knuckle Sandwich even in a best case scenario. Less chance to miss I suppose.

And Blade of Ultimate Power is still your best bet besides Knuckle Sandwich with a crazy strength stat

Oooh...it's like MMO version of Dragon Quest!

I thought Nintendo got out of that country.

>tfw it rose to about 160 minutes after the screenshot
Fuck my shit up

what monster gives you inferno?

if you're trying to play the short offline portion, I think they disabled that a while ago.

I understand that it's stupid to criticize the "lore", but seriously, what are monsters in the DQ universe? Are they "demons" and don't belong to the human world, or just wildlife, which just happens to serve the villain?

should I just put Air Sickles on all magic users? they're all kind of shit in random encounters otherwise.

It's certainly not a bad idea

why?

Give them happy hats and enjoy being able to freely use magic for once in random encounters

Or just hand one of em a Sunderbolt Blade, free Zap

Prism peacocks learn both Inferno and Scorch

dragon quests are mostly games for children. This doesn't mean that adults can't have fun with them, but its target is so low that it generally doesn't really have much detailed plot or characters or anything other jrpg may have.

It's usually just a simple story of a somewhat teenager guy that goes on an epic adventure against some big evil guy, usually because of a legend. There isn't really anything else and this is its strong point.

Good monsters can talk. Evil monsters cannot.

That's literally it.

They're the same. Always had the same name in the Japanese version , but had a name change in English which changed back due to the color revealing it to be orange.

There's actually a Red Slime called Cherry Slime in the DQM2 remake. Also Shogum if you want to count him.

I think they made it so you have to set up an account first even for the offline stuff, but I might be wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=pQHDNercq18

>story of DQ9

You can set up an account without any payments. Stop confusing people and let them play.

why is chen such a bitch?

Just close your eyes and imagine something nice
youtube.com/watch?v=McYBobLtZCs

Do we know how well the game runs on console/PC?

I own the wiiu version. It runs at 60fps, but the quality is a tiny bit less

Cant tell from couch distance though. Gamepad play is heaven

It's an MMO originally made for the Wii
I would imagine it doesn't exactly require much to run

when does Maribel leave the party? I remember reading something saying you should remove all of her equipment immediately after beating a specific boss, which one is it?

Wait, what are those monster cards? Is that a class thing?

She keeps her gear on her until she comes back, don't worry about it. Everyone else has better armor and weapon options than what she can use.

It was originally made for Wii U and backported during development to release on both consoles at the same time.

How do you use skills without 1-9?

fortune teller job

youtube.com/watch?v=oPsryztdpck

>She keeps her gear on her until she comes back
that's why I wanted to take her gear, she has my Staff of Salvation, since she's the best with it

Probably like FFXIV's controller interface, I would imagine

I wouldn't use a controller for an MMO but from what I've seen it works pretty well once you get used to it. Unless you play NIN or MNK I guess.

If she doesn't have it equipped you automatically get it back. You aren't using that thing to attack with, are you? You can use items with magical effects without having em equipped, even if the character can't normally equip it.

Watch videos. Combat is basically exactly like Dragon Quest normally. You navigate menus.

After you complete Hubble and head through the time portal, she'll immediately leave. Unequip her before heading back to the present

I'm really confused why this doesn't have an English release yet, for reasons I can't explain.

Like, I expected one to be announced more than a year ago for pretty strong reasons.

>Evil monsters cannot.

What are those bosses then?

Square doesn't think Dragon Quest is marketable in the West.
It was only by chance that we even got a localized version of 7's remake at all.

>You aren't using that thing to attack with, are you?
I just use Wind Sickles instead of having her attack, so I just equipped it to save space

Figure ill ask here, dows DQ7 3ds still have a ??? Tablet during the fake ending bit like on ps1? I remember that being missable or something

Evil monsters who can talk. Deal with it.

Dqx isn't a tab target spamfest. Its dq gameplay with movement

I know that, but for reasons I can't explain I thought they had gotten past that and were planning a release. It's really confusing.

>What are those bosses then?
Once good monsters who are being controlled by the big baddie.

What are all of the different races and classes you can choose from?

Can I be a cute shota?

Maybe you are a fortune teller? Like, you can predict things but you don't know when will they happen?

>spoiler
Yes.

Races? What do you think this is, World of Warcraft? You're human. Everyone's human.
Classes are of the typical Dragon Quest fare.
And like Dragon Quest III, VI, VII, and IX, you're not locked into the jobs and can change whenever.

That may be true, but it's not related to why I thought this was getting a western release in the past. I have actual reasons why I thought it was getting a release, but I can't go into details.

human, ogre, elf, dorf, weddie (fish people), puklipo (pic related)

We need more DWM games. God I miss that shit. DWM 1 and 2 are among my top 5 games ever.

>You're human. Everyone's human
Yeah butbyou can still be an ogre or wedde slut if you want too

Should be noted that the elves are basically fairies, not like the elf guy in DQ8

Puklipo and dwarves look like they would be played by shitposters if we ever get the game.

You can choose different race at some point in DQX, but you start off as a hooman.

>DQMJ2Pro will never be translated
>DQMJ3 will never be translated

Why live?

To be precise, you have a human form and a nonhuman form.

This. Ogres, Elves, and Dwarves are that in name only and look nothing like how you'd think they do.

They're making a DQMJ3 Pro now
So add that to the list

Let us hope for the best.

Wasn't it because they didn't want it to compete with FF or something as well?

Player here, lemme clear this up. You are a human for the offlien tutorial. Evil guy destroys your village and you get sent to heaven. Angel stops you and says you arent ready to die yet, sends you back as any race you want. There are 5

Yes, you can be shota

To be more precise, you're a human spirit inhabiting the corpse of a non-human body.

dorfs are the least played race, especially male dorfs

Drunk user here, ive been having a blast in these threads for the past few days, Thanks doods. At least one community on Cred Forums is a little less contained in its garbage.

Also, Maribel a cute

There's also a lot of Undead type monsters that speak who are just goons and a Monster Well either in VII or IV that speaks before attacking you.

that's creepy yo

I was thinking of playing dorf, but I might have to go elf if I can look like pic related.

You eventually talk to the spirit of the dude who originally owned the body.
They're cool with it.

I hope you don't mind being Magus with gay ass fairy wings then

make sure both ruff and the hero have boomerangs. give the stone of salvation to maribel and set her to heal others.

So you can't be human. That's new.

I'd be okay with that.

You don't.
Like said, they don't look anything like how you might think they do.

you can change back to a human later

Funny because ever since the PC performance test cutscene, I want to play a dwarf. Originally I wanted to try a Martial Artist Weddie. But if we get the game, I'll do both! Hell, I'll probably play every race to see the story.

that doesn't really make it less creepy

you're still basically playing dressup using their corpse

You eventually do get an ability that lets you swap back and forth between your original human form and your non-human form.

You're welcome, my man. But if the Dragon Quest Builders will sell well, we may have some typical Cred Forumstards here.

You start as a human. During the story, you change to a monster race. Later on, you get an item that lets you change between human and monster at will.

>But if the Dragon Quest Builders will sell well, we may have some typical Cred Forumstards here.
We had them before DQVII even released. And back when DQIX was popular. Trolls will always troll anything with a shred of popularity.

Last I heard they were making it 2 hours a day. Did they change it or was it not true?

But DQB is basically Minecraft. Do you know who plays Minecraft?

How's Dragon Quest: Dai's Great Adventure?

Manga, anime or none? I remember some female enemy that stole a priest outfit and used it to trick Dai at some point, it gave me the biggest boner

FUCK. This is driving me crazy but what do I do with the blood ruby that was given to me by the queen in the past. The present royals asked about a keepsake but nothing happens when I use it. Also do I get those 6 chests guarded by the women later? Or now.

Wow, I hope this campaign works.

What are your payment options for a DQX sub, can you use something like WebMoney?

Here are the races in DQX, for reference

You could have named them.
Left to right
Ogres, Elves, Puklipos, Dwarves, Weddies.

>You know... that's twice I've been saved by a monster now. First Rocky, and now Wiggles.
What the fuck did Rocky do? Who the hell is Rocky?

>Puklipos
These are my dudes. There is something smug about them and I dig it.

Magical creatures, basically. Some come from the Underworld, while others, more neutral ones, just appear in the world.

Demons refer to monster from the underworld who willingly serve the Demon Lord. Reminder that the Demon Lord can control neutral monsters as well.

The Bomboulder, you insensitive prick

He's already the final boss of the original game though.

youtube.com/watch?v=ERaBeQnY290

have an extra video

youtube.com/watch?v=DiZARj7bymk

Dedidated Wam?

f-fuck, my bad
but still, what did he even do, aside from scream?

I love the fact that none of the player characters are The Hero, but you can find her in-game and help her.

>Dragon Quest Builders
Yeah, about it...
>Dragonlord won

So can you choose to be a child version of the races? From what I've seen it looks like you can be a kid/young human.

Stop hurting me.

what does the Tempest Shield do?

Casts Swoosh
It's pretty shit, stick with whatever shield you have that reduces magic damage or fire/ice damage

He blew himself up to defend the home's owner before the owner found himself another monster friend with Wiggles