What's your favorite vidya weapon Cred Forums?

What's your favorite vidya weapon Cred Forums?

Also any games anyone can recommend with satisfying Hammers or maces?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4rzQwzg5_mo
youtube.com/watch?v=20DOzJRbgUY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Scythe because I am an edgelord.

Chivalry

Ridiculously big swords because pic related

Monster Hunter and Kirby

Spears, because it's the most versalite and useful melee weapon.
Also, try Hammerfight, it's a small indie game about flying vehicles whacking each other with hammers, swords and morgenstherns.

Hand and a half sword.
Used to train kendo for quite a bit and it addicted me to that style too much to enjoy anything else.
They're just overall reliable and versatile.

Scythes aren't weapons though, they're farming tools. It's like saying wheelbarrow is your favorite weapon.
youtube.com/watch?v=4rzQwzg5_mo

>Spears, because it's the most versalite and useful melee weapon.
You mean Halberds.

Dragon's Dogma has some good looking blunt weapons

You're wrong. Anything can be a weapon.

my scythe sure fucked niggas up at +10 with fire. I think its a pretty competent weapon.

Were they actually used in any fights though?

Yes

In fact there are some famous cases of armed knights losing to farmers who used farm tools like scythes and pitchforks as weapons.

Some peasants got their scythes reforged, so the blade would be vertical, and used them as a melee weapon, if they were drafted.

Ninja's did.

>skallagrim

Probably at least once

What's wrong with him?

Most weapons started as farm tools. The evolution of warfare is pretty much all surprises encountered during peasant revolts.

Everything

kusarigama nigger, look it up

Oh... ok??

Yeah, people were afraid of those small one handed scythes because they could stab or hook around to cut from behind. The bigger two handed scythes they just took the blade off and reattached it to a pole pointing upward so it was just a shittier spear.

Look at this faglord who doesn't abuse wheelbarrow mechanics. Why did you think it's called a barrow anyways? It's literally a mobilized grave

>abusing mechanics

You have no Honor cur, Have at thee!

>his favorite weapon isn't the noble Spear
explain yourself

My favorite weapon is literally the one in his right hand, except maybe with a longer spear spike for thrusting.

What are some games where I can pretend to be a crusader?

I'm going straight for your ankles you fishmonger's daughter

Moonlight Greatsword, no incarnation in particular.
They are all so good, besides the strange plastic one in dark souls 2. I didn't like the curved one in AC:V but it grew on me.

I preferred the longer blade in Dark Souls 2 over Dark Souls 1 shorter blade, but I agree that it is a fantastic weapon

WHY IS AN HONOR? BUT A FILTHY PILE OF HYDRO STORM!

BUT ENOUGH TALK!

Any Quarterstaff

The dark souls 1+3 versions are so perf tho

Gun axe - a gun that is an axe

holy moonlight sword > MLGS (all versions)

This one.
I'm not wehraboo.

that metal looks like shit

Does that engraving style have a name? I like the hunting motives.
Also, what's up with the clumsy screws?

Nothing, he is just clearly being contrarian and hipster.

I'm no HEMA fag or anything, I just like history in general and find his videos entertaining and informative.

Seems like a pretty cool guy too.

I know what you mean. It fires slower than most SMG's of that era so it has the constant satisfying TAKTAKTAK

It go so over used in games though.

My general impression of him is that he's a self-proclaimed professional and that his personality is borderline autistic.

Spine Slasher all day, every day.

>self-proclaimed professional

He has never considered himself or his opinions and thought to be that of a professional,nigger.

He's just some guy that knows about historical weapons and martial arts and happens to make youtube videos about said things. Comments often bother him about MUH REALISM on their vidya weapons so why the fuck not make videos about it if fags want that?

Haven't played three in a while, but isn't it like Bloodborne's MLGS?

they're weps in videogames

irl i dont use any wep because im a pussy

>Axes aren't weapons though, they're farming tools
>Hammers aren't weapons though, they're carpentry tools
>Knives aren't weapons though, they're kitchen utensils

It's not a specific weapon, but I really like it when shit like tools are repurposed into weapons. Not necessarily full on Dead Rising Macguyver bullshit, just using shit you have available and finding it exceptionally effective.

Whether using a pickaxe or wrench to shit like Dead Space where pretty much every weapon is mining/engineering equipment.

what if it's a really big wheelbarrow?
I don't think it's far fetched, but you want it curved into more useful angle

flail is a vastly superior farming equipment/weapon

I like the idea behind this

Exanima has awesome melee combat. Its top down though if that is a deal breaker for you.

>Exanima

Oh thats it's name?

It looks fun but I only ever saw it in webm threads.

You are not supposed to like things on this board.

He literally states in almost all his videos that he is not a professional sword user or historian. He simply gives his own impressions on how well weapons perform and feel with use seeing as how he's handled them for years and has quite the collection.

I love flamethrowers.

My concept of cool is exactly one degree off from what I'd dismiss as retarded.

Hardly ANY weapons started as farming tools. I can't actually think of a single one that started as a farm tool.

You can't even say axe because it's older than agriculture and not used for farming.

Weebs are so stupid they didn't even realize scythe is deadly with only little tweaking.

SoM had some cool weapons and orc armor. I'm still playing through it at 10 hours, it's much better than I thought it'd be.

He's not really that knowledgeable beyond knowing how to fuck up swords by cutting into dead trees. Enthusiastic and tries hard but he's at the lower end of knowledge. Better sources are Academy of Historical Fencing, Schola Gladiatora and Lindybeige.

I think that's the point of him, you come to see the weapons and see them used along with a basic summary of their use.

I find his videos where he's practicing officially like the fencing videos to be his best stuff imo

Chivalry has the most satifying blunt weapons. There's nothing better than vapourising someone's head with the maul.

Every kind of sword under the sun. Katana, bastard sword, longswords, I love them all.

I dunno, I mostly just use him to see if he's got any videos on a sword I want to buy. Other than that most of his stuff you can just ignore.

youtube.com/watch?v=20DOzJRbgUY

If you want fencing watch Academy of Historical Fencing

He's a furfag.

The only unfair fight is the one you lose.

Well the kitchen utensils are called kitchen knives.
And if you had an axe and a hammer and a knife and a scythe you wouldn't take the scyhte to fight a robber with would you

No, but those are the household versions. The choice between a poleaxe, a war hammer, a bowie knife and a war scythe however is a more difficult choice.

I always liked spellsword combos witb longswords and stuff, but for just the weapon itself, I'd say the glaive is a really cool.

>Skall
That dude is whipped so hard by his gf I'm surprised she lets him wear pants.

Chainsaws.