twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/781982306093371392
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I finished it last December.

Your time is done, Estelle.
Now buy MY games, Cred Forums.

Don't you mean, HER games?

Don't you mean Emma's games?

What game?

CS a shit, too bad we didn't get Ao/Zero instead.

Somehow I got stuck after the 2nd chapter of the 2nd game...

I have them untouched on Steam since this year's summer sale, but I'm finishing Cold Steel II.

Speaking of,
>final boss phase 2 activates an "art"
>find out you can't impede it
>it's actually an S-Craft
>Alisa and Fie are down, Rean and Sara are at low health
>somehow win by having Alisa dead the entire fight and duoing it with Rean and Sara/Fie when I switched in Elliot to revive everyone
I should've brought Adamantine Shield and not rely on delay too much.

you fucking dipshit stop ironicly shitposting about my game thinking you're le clever xDDD. i bet thats the first and only JRPG you've ever played in your life so shut the fuck up and form an opinion when you've acquired patrician otaku taste.

I really don't know I pretty much got to the end of SC many months ago and just never finished it.

I'm right at the end of SC, been there for a few days, I just can't decide what I want my final party to be.

Everyone is great.

Except for Josette

You sound pretty upset.

Currently playing Cold steel 1
>high school setting
>entire party is just high school kids in boring high school uniforms
>nothing ever happens
>Although pretty likable, Rean is a frustratingly LN MC
>DARK REAN
>forced conflicts (Rean&Alisa, Laura&Fie)
While the production values and gameplay have improved, the writing has gotten pretty shaky.

I'm hoping Cold Steel 2 is a bit better, this just feels like a way too drawn out prologue. At least I know they all get cool unique outfits so it's definitely improving on the character design.

Rean is what you get when you tie Joshua up and inject liquid Light Novels into his bloodstream.

Much like Trails in the Sky, it takes a good while for shit to pick up.

And the second one just blows it away.

Rean definitely gives off that impression, but he gets better. Falcom likes to use existing character archetypes/tropes and add a twist to them. Like how Joshua looks like edgelord supreme in Trails in the Sky, but he really isn't.

I dont remember why. i just remember getting to a city on the shore and then stopping.

Nah, those are Towa's games, get it right!

I don't really like SC that much.
>Hurr let's visit all locations to battle a different boss that just runs away in the end because they were just pretending.
Really exciting.
Oh, and of course the evil society is a collection of your parties dark tragic pasts so now it's also personal.
I miss the first game were you were just doing Bracer stuff.

Literally only 2 of the bad guys have a dark past with your party

I don't play garbage chink games.

Not when it's cartoon faggotry, anyways.

Yeah, the two chapters before the finale really aren't great. Good thing the finale is fantastic though.

Also the metric fuckton of missable shit in that game, god almighty. I'm still mad I didn't get to A rank.

>guest characters don't scale
I just want a level 99 Angelica to bully Crow with.

Have you joined the best boy's harem yet?

Joshua is such a pretty girl

>yfw Estelle and Joshua show up in Cold Steel 3

I fucked up and lost a few side-quest, my last save is 8 hours behind. I'm never playing this again

Well they can't screw up their 3d models worse than evo so I'm not worried

CS3 sounds like it could be a clusterfuck just by the possible cast size.

The illusion whore arc was shit tier but the rest was good. Shame that the best Liberl city got worst arc.

Cold Steel REALLY should've kept the 2D portraits in speech bubbles.

I somehow missed one sidequest in Ruan, and I obsessively check the guild.

There's also lots of bonus BP you can get for doing certain things. AND there's quests that aren't on the guild board at all.

Despite getting most bonus BP, doing every single quest but one, and getting every hidden quest, I still only ended up at Rank B Bracer.

If there's one thing I don't like about SC is the fact that if you want everything you HAVE to use a guide. Some of the shit is so far out of the way.

Like how after you go through all the altered towers, if you go up them AGAIN in the next chapter, there are special enemies you can fight that give you really good equipment.

Fortunately, CS seems better in this regard.

I have. It took me close to a year to beat SC though because the more the game progresses, the more it becomes a slog.

>I still only ended up at Rank B Bracer
It's all good since that's Estelle's canonical rank :^)

Is it? I feel better about not getting A-rank if that the case.
I mean that would make sense given how difficult A-rank is to get.

Bitch, you ain't me.

I worked my ass off, I deserve that A rank, fuck canon.

I agree with that though

best girl

I finished FC, and in the middle of SC. The others aren't in English yet.

It would've been hard to do this for every npc though.

Every half-important school NPC already has a 2D portrait in the character glossary.

Well they did leave Liberl because Joshua wants to DESTROY OUROBOROS. Wouldn't be too farfetched for them to show up where Ouroboros are pulling their bullshit.

Agreed

Right, but it would've taken some work to make everybody's expressions feel natural and not paste jobs. The CS 3d portraits blink and breath, imo it wasn't a bad direction to take.

Can I ask how Tita has control of a satellite?

No space program of any kind is ever mentioned, and lasers seem to be beyond their current technology.

She got it from the same space program that let Millium turn Lammy into a death star.

Finished your 1st game last year.

Fiinished SC last June and then CS1 and CS2 back this month.

Liked all games the same way. Sky has its downsides, same as CS. Really excited for CS3 news hopefully this December.

>but he really isn't.
Except he literally is between regaining his memories and the moment Estelle sits him the fuck down in that beach scene.

The new outfits were the best thing in CS2. It sounds like an insignificant thing but to me it really helps bring personality to the characters when they have their individual styles instead of all having the same boring ass school uniform. I had to buy the casual clothes DLC pack in CS1 because I was so annoyed at everyone looking the same. What I love about JRPGs is the trope of a band of very different people on a journey together, and CS1 just dickslapped me in the face with 10 kids in high school outfits.

Okay, he spends a little time being an edgelord, but he gets a cool scarf, so it's fine.

Because shut up it's awesome.

He's not exactly an edgelord, he's just trying to force himself to be one. You can see him warming up to the Capuas even before Estelle tells him to stop being a retard. He's desperately trying to purge emotion and become an edgelord but he can't do it.

I didn't mind it so much.

All the girls get short skirts and that's OK by me.

I was literally one turn away from healing my party and then beating the final boss. Mother fucker confused my healer then wiped the rest. I haven't gone back since.

Joshua wants to be an edgelord but two angry tomboys will not let him

He's just pretending to be edgy. That's why Estelle could BTFO him so easily, she saw right through his facade.

>Letting yourself ever get hit
>Not casting earth wall and kevin's s craft constantly

I got through FC and SC.

I was maybe a halfway through Cold Steel 1, but the school setting was really getting on my nerves.

>mfw that pathetic stiff as fuck """cinematic""" duel between Laura and Fie
Huh, actual 3D models really ruined any chance of these cutscene battles looking convincing. The shitty lego guy animation in Sky was primitive but some of the cutscene action looked cool.

>you will never wake up to this

Because I'm busy finishing Trails of Cold Steel 2 but damn, I'm currently at the special events and Laura, Alfin and Towa all gave me hard feels. Not sure how to progress even though I know it doesn't matter and in the end I have to settle for worst girl Alisa.
After Steel 2 I will get back to you though.

You played the bad half.

Because I'm in eop and 3rd isn't translated yet.
Thinking of importing EVO as an excuse to play FC/SC again. Menus I can manage but dialogue is another hurdle completely.

W-what happened here?

>I have to settle for worst girl Alisa.
Why? There is no reason to settle for her unless you really want to go with Falcom's preference. There is a small possibility they could ditch player's choice for Rean in CS3, but at the same time it feels they have gone too far with it just to ditch it in the likely final game of the arc.

Magical Girl Alisa will happen.

>small possibility

Why is she so perfect
>top tier waifu
>made me blush when i saw her being dominant and with a new outfit during empire steam tanks attack
>great S-craft that actually benefits from the instant cast
>great crafts

Yeah as a mobile game.

Likely an old ZCF project that she was given access too.

I dunno, some of the "fight" scenes in SC looked goofy as fuck.

Like the duel between Zane and Walter. It was just them moving around and a bunch of hitsparks going off. Only the music made it cool.

But yeah, moments like that are where these games low budgets really show themselves.

The cute, short, purple hair helps too.

It gets the job done. I still remember how shocked I was when symphonia 2 ditched the canned animations from the first game for power rangers tier mocap, and how hilariously bad it looked.

What's the gold standard for cutscene animation (not CG) in a jrpg these days? Xenoblade?

She's also a cuck

I forgot to add "long hair would make her S tier instead of A+", but her short hair is kinda fine too

> you will never wake up

Because your first game was fucking boring. Try having a more interesting setting to go in-depth about next time.

>Like reading all the little text updates

This shit takes time man.

Speaking of crafts, I loved how every party member had something that made them worth using.

Like Agate can spam his S-crafts so long as you have a fast healer.

Zane can get ridiculously strong and a bug with his final craft makes him do absurd damage with large groups.

Schera can make a character move immediately, great for slow magic.

Tita can hit multiple enemies very easily, and heal.

Kevin has the best heal in the game and a very good s-craft.

Olivier is only one that's kinda weird. He makes for a great mage, but his crafts don't really benefit from that.

The coup arc in FC had some really awesome lego grunt on grunt action, and Agate vs Loewe was pretty hype in SC.

The only good S-craft Olivier has, is the impede one, but then again, almost everyone has impede. I suppose his impede is range?

She makes it work.

The Crafts got really out of hand in Cold Steel. They're all so ridiculously good, I rarely use Arts in CS.

Yeah. He's still like the best and most versatile mage in the game though.

Kloe could be better, but she's kinda held back by having to have three water quartz. So she kinda gets put into support role automatically, even though she has the best magic stat.

Carrying around Olivier and Kloe is always a good party choice.

Kevin can't quite get to his level due to his more restrictive orbment lines, and his S-craft is only useful in boss fights.

>Kloe could be better, but she's kinda held back by having to have three water quartz. So she kinda gets put into support role automatically, even though she has the best magic stat.
She still does an stupid amount of damage with Water magic.

But I've finished both twice and bought five copies altogether.

Pandora Emma is nuts. Criminal Alisa less so but still pretty good.

Yeah. Blue Impact is really good, and cheaper than Dark Matter.

Combine that with the quartz that lets you generate EP as you walk, and you can spam that shit for days.

One thing I don't like about the arts is that the high level ones are pretty much totally not worthwhile.

Dark Matter for single targets. Aerial/Aero Storm for groups, or White Gehenna if they resist wind. Death Scream has it's applications. Then for buffs/debuffs Clock Down, Clock Up EX, La Forte, La Crest, and Earth Wall. Then of course there's the healing arts.

Arts outside of those aren't really worth using, which sucks because some of them have cool visuals.

There's work to do.

Was Laura even a character in CS2? She had like, two lines of story relevance.

More a character than Gaius.

>Discount_Olivier

I'm not sure, Gaius rescues you during the north arc, Laura ???

The wind tells me you are right.

Because Vita piracy became a thing while I was in the middle of playing your second game so I wanted to check out CS. I'll go back, I promise Estelle.

Was she ever a character? She's just there to fulfill a popular waifu archetype.

Her entire plot relevance outside of Class VII ties is that Duvalie hates the Arseids.

That's about it.

They literally said why they skipped Ao/Zero and went to CS.

They can go back and do Ao/Zero at any time since PC ports of them do exist. If they want to translate CS, they have to do it NOW since they can't justify going back and doing them after the Vita completely dies out.

>skyrim jokes XDDD
i wanna murder you

You can say that about literally every girl in CS.

Half of class VII are complete nobodies in the grand scheme of things.

Word Word Words man. I would play CS if it was on PC as I don't have a PS4. If the Neo is alright and plays regular PS4 games better, I might look into it.

Where did it all go so wrong? Erebonia arc was supposed to be GOAT

Olivier being only a supportive role is a start.

Trails in the Sky was boring.

I dropped it a little bit after whip lady joined my party.

>Don't think CS1 can get more anime
>Suddenly little sister who wants to fuck Rean
>Then Rean goes DARK MODE with red eyes and silver hair

I thought you guys said CS was good.

At least we haven't returned to the old days of "*character* has no reason to turn on their family and the Noble Alliance!"

And the even older days of "Class VII has NO REASON to stop the Civil War!"

It's amazing that people were dumb enough to say those things without irony!

I'm playing CS1 and it feels like I'm playing FC again except with a school background, the structure feels so goddamn similar which I'm pretty sure is the point but still.

Also fuck that Nord chapter jesus christ riding across 50 miles of fucking nothing got real tiring, thank god I'm done with it

Because 10 hours into both Trails of Cold Steel and Trails in the Sky and they never became good

Gaius and Laura are going to be more important next game, you'll see. Considering how we still need to beat the shit out of Wallace and Aurelia, Nord needing to be burned to the ground, and resolving Arianhod's history. Plus Gaius is probably going to to be in cahoots with the church.

>Not enjoying the little sister arc

>Considering how we still need to beat the shit out of Wallace and Aurelia
>Implying we still won't job it

>Not enjoying Rean's wild ride
youtube.com/watch?v=L2OBpsUK5PU

>I thought you guys said CS was good.

>Half of class VII are complete nobodies in the grand scheme of things.
That's why Jusis the best.

Reminder that these games have a bunch of arrange albums:
youtu.be/3KouiOre3yo

Also reminder that you can find all Falcom music on that channel. It's unofficial, but Falcom is totally cool with it, so no worries about shit get taken down due to copyright shit.

Also you can find most all of it on the various music streaming services.

the falcom music channel is based

>Then Rean goes DARK MODE with red eyes and silver hair
I truly and honestly whispered a soft "no..." when that happened.

>Estelle and Joshua show up in CS3
>This begins playing youtube.com/watch?v=qmandi2nKi4

I liked Cold Steel 1/2 far more than I did Trails in the Sky FC/SC

CS2 is easily my goty. I rarely feel this sad that I finished a game. I wanted more of this

I'm not paying $20 and $30 for games that are like 5 years old. fuck off falcom and xseed. Your shitty meme translations are awful, and quit fucking shilling on Cred Forums.

Does he know of the other Mixed?

Holy shit, I just got past that chapter yesterday and it was the last straw that made me give up on hope that Cold Steel might have any kind of decent plot or characterization in store for me. I'm just playing it for the setting and OST now.

>5 years old

Try 10+

Coldsteel 1 spoiled me and made me think I could start Second Chapter on Hard. I was wrong. Kind of made me want to take a break from the series for a little bit, but I'll get back to it soon.

BY MY ART
BECOME HARD AS STEEL

I finished the first one. I'll buy the second when it's $5. $10 if I'm drunk.

Where can I buy all Falcom merch?

Because my JPN is bad and the 3rd isn't out in English yet?

Finished FC and SC a few months ago.

I would cry tears of happiness.

Depends on what falcom merch you're talking about. The one's from Falcom? You can buy it from their site and just say you're a foreigner buying it. If you m ean other things like doujins, tapestries, figures, you'll need a proxy.

Does SC have party members pop in and out each chapter like FC? I appreciated that it focused on Estelle and Joshua but not leveling other party members traditionally bugged me still.

Well I mean of falcom characters from Ys, Kiseki, anything really. I don't see a lot of figures for sale other than like the OP Nendoroid

>short hair Schera
Should be no, but is yes.

Not nearly as much. Kevin pops in and out, the others, once you get them, you more or less have them for good.

Although sometimes one might leave very briefly.

Their levels are always fine. If a character starts lagging behind, it doesn't take long at all to get them up to speed.

Also, farming shining poms is super easy in SC.

? I gave you your answer. Almost everything falcom sells on their store is Ys and Kiseki anyways. The dozens of other figures you'll have to ebay or use a proxy for them. Like the small nendos of the crossbell and coldsteel cast.
It looks pretty good, I just bought and imported it for scanning.
It's Oliver x Schera

At the start you choose either Agate or Schera, who accompanies you from the start. The rest join you one by one as you progress but you're sometimes locked to having certain character in your party during certain chapters.

I beat SC on hard, CS1 on nightmare, and now going through CS2 on nightmare, all on a fresh start w/o any NG+ bonuses. The beginning is always the hardest because you don't have a whole lot to deal with the game's bullshit on higher difficulties.

Check the Mandarake website, though you'll probably need to put in the Japanese names for the series. If you want to see what figures and other merch (outside of doujin) are out there, check out a site called myfigurecollection and search for the title of the games or characters.

>Their levels are always fine. If a character starts lagging behind, it doesn't take long at all to get them up to speed.
Levels were mostly fine in FC too, my autism just irritates me when I don't have control over their level the whole game. I didn't go to Tartarus at all in December in P3 because one of my main party members was out of commission for the month, even though I could have caught them up quickly after.

Because after finishing FC I jumped straight into SC and got my shit absolutely rocked by the prologue dungeon mobs in what I thought was supposed to be the tutorial.

I may be a shitter but it was still demoralizing

Were you playing on hard?

Yeah. Played all of FC on hard with very little problem so I thought the same would be the case for the sequel

I just finished SC last week. Easily one of my favorite JRPGs now

Well, when the game starts out, the prologue is just Estelle and another character that leaves and never comes back.

Then you get to choose to team up with Agate or Schera. This only really impacts the early game.

Kevin is the only one that just pops at random and leaves for long periods of time. The others, if they leave, it's for a VERY short time. Like hardly enough time to get levels anyways. So I don't think it'll bother you too much.

Yeah the early game of SC is absolutely brutal on the harder difficulties. The rest of the game afterwards isn't so bad.

You just have to remember to use buffs/debuffs. Clock Up EX and Clock Down are your friends.

Cold Steel 1 is basically like FC if FC ended in the middle of chapter 3

That chapter was great because of Estelle's flashback though.

Everyone said the game was lacking in the plot and characters department and felt like a typical LN, and that the only good parts where the OST and the typical Trails worldbuilding. You have nobody to blame but yourself for listening to vitagen shills who started the series with CS

I have them backlogged, the original Japanese PC versions, but when you know Japanese, you're bound to have an extreme backlog.

If you don't like anime don't play JRPGs.

Just finished FC yesterday. Just started SC. Did my save file transferred automatically? I started SC at lvl35 for some reason. Was that intentional?

Holy shit, Cold Steel 2 is way more entertaining than 1. Dumped 30 hours in it already over the past few days, and it's great

>Valimar, heed my call!
>Using Sharon and fast arts guy
>Mint ending up in Nord when she escaped to Roer
>Everything with Duvalie
>BleuBlanc's voice
>more lolis
>McBurn who is even edgier than Rean Coldsteel

No, you should have been able to select your old save at the beginning of the game and it would have boosted you to whatever level you ended at up to 40, I think.

>Wanted to like Alisa
>Just ended up hating her more and more as she kept doing stupid shit over the course of both games
Falcom sure does flip-flop between the quality of their female characters.

20 dollars for a 90 hour game is pretty cheap, but poor fags will always be poor.

What irks me is that she seemed pretty alright at the beginning of Coldsteel 1, then all of a sudden she changes into a dumb tsundere for awhile when Rean helps her in the school ruins.

It's hard to tell, since it's something only McBurn seems to know much about.
Take note that 'McBurn' says all of him is mixed, so he's technically /not/

What you can guess at:
-Leonhardt may have been mixed (can draw a demon sword similar to McBurn)
-Rean is mixed, his scar is the source of his abilities

More so grasping at straws:
-Joshua's (and maybe Campanella) tattoos could be similar, or some sort of artificial mixing

If artificial mixing is possible, it's likely all enforcers are mixed. Why wouldn't they be?
While Joshua and Campanella have clearly visible tattoos, the other Enforcers are pretty well covered up. Little Renne could have full yakuza style mixed blood tattoos as far as we know.

>Follow guide so I don't miss any sidequests
>Choose all the wrong dialogue options to get funny dialogue
>Didn't know dialogue choices affected BP

That's how you're supposed to play the first time. Seeing Estelle be dumb is great.

>-Leonhardt may have been mixed
He wasn't, their swords were given to them by the Grandmaster. They're not part of the demon powers.

I see. I finished FC on steam. My SC game is on GOG. Need to somehow make SC read the save file.

I'm pretty sure McBurn explicitly says that it's different from the Stigmatas when he's explaining it to Rean. It does make you wonder how the Ouroborous people get so jacked up, I can't see Renne being explained in any way mentioned in the series so far. Unless it has something to do with the ""Darkness"" mentioned a few times?

Renne's power is explained in Zero

dammit

cold steel needs to hurry up so xseed can get off their ass and translate it

CS2 just came out, and TitS TC is coming out next year.

Cool your jets, m8.

Also, I'm nearing the end of SC. I can't decide if I want to go right on to CS or if I want to go through FC and SC again and get everything I missed.

I figure NG+ with everything carried over on Nightmare might be fun times.

Having Estelle and Joshua show up could literally make all of CS3 for me. Conversely, them not showing up could just as well break it for me. I'm not really too eager for CS3 right now. I miss good characterization.

Weissmann's staff too, though you're correct. It's not a direct link.

Stigmatas are specific to the Church. The Grandmaster's weapons (and likely power) come from Outside Reason. Could be very much opposites.

>Unlock Laura's 2nd S-craft
>Try it out on the magic knight boss in the temple
>Takes off 80% of his health
>Mop it up with Emma S-Break

I am running unlimited power Laura though but still shes fucking insane

>vitagen shills
The Vita cult is becoming really fucking weird over time. I've seen so many people acting like Sky The Third skipping a PSP release is some sort of horrible betrayal. Falcom literally doesn't even have their PSP devkits anymore, chances were nil that we would get Third on PSP in english. And yet you have people who claim to be fans of the series saying they'll never buy the third if they can't play it on the Vita.

I've been able to break 200k with it, even in Nightmare that's a good chunk of boss HP.

If I had done it on a critical turn bonus I'm 100% sure it would have done 200k

Yeah some Vita folks are going insane, unfortunately. All the Vita games getting PC and PS4 ports are getting to them, and they're lashing out.

I own a Vita myself, and I still play it, but it's dead as shit.

I finished TitS and if the rest of the series is going to be about wet blanket Joshua and the super secret super evil organization of evil people who we really controlling everything behind the scenes the whole time getting the super ancient super powerful macguffins to do something? fuck i don't know, then no thanks.

Because Falcom games are awful.

I guess you'll just have to miss out on best boy.

It might have a good year in it, but the localization companies haven't all unveiled their plans for 2017 so its hard to say. Caligula might be the swan song for the system, but I really hope they localize Mary Skelter/DT2-2 as well.

>about wet blanket Joshua
It's not.
>the super secret super evil organization
Ouroboros is only one of the various powerful organizations in Trails, many of them are introduced in TitS.
Not all of them are evil. Ouroboros might not even be outright evil.

Eh, Ouroboros becomes kind of a backdrop.

There are still plenty of smaller, more character focused conflicts. Not all of them focus on the big magic shit, and outside of Tits FC and SC, Joshua is a pretty secondary character.

Vita is dead, m8.

Now that folks have figured out piracy, publishers ain't gonna touch the system.

Plus, damn near everything is getting ported anyways.

>Ouroboros might not even be outright evil.

Caligula's been confirmed for 2017, and Mary Skelter is from CH so there's a good chance its coming over regardless. Can still be a pretty decent year for a neglected console.

>Plus, damn near everything is getting ported anyways.
I had both ps3+vita and I still picked up CS1+2 on vita, portability is super nice imo.

She looks like a dude and has creepy expressions. Total antiboner for me.

She will GROW on you, if you catch my drift.

I think Emma knows something about it. I had her in my party when fighting McBurn at the end and she seemed like she had a pretty good idea what McBurn was all about but when she started to speak about it he intimidated her by saying "Not another word, little lady." and Emma just went "eep" and never brought it up again.

>Olivier could have tapped this

That expression is one of the creepy ones. She can't form a natural smile. It looks forced.

That would've created an international incident though.

Looks perfectly normal to me

Why is her face so flat. jesus christ.

First was just your typical boring jrpg, with a boring cliche plot, mediocre combat, map full of void and corridor dungeons with no mechanics.

In case this game doesn't hammer home the point that your dad is the biggest badass ever, he is also friends with a fucking dragon because WHY NOT

Ao/Zero aren't even that good. Played the Chinese version. Original FC/SC still way better than anything else.

Interesting, I completely missed that bit.
Emma is in a really bad spot and not strong enough to defend it. One wrong word and Vita could end it all.

>challenges a dragon just because he could

Absolute madman.

What I liked is how in the first game their solution for dealing with him is to get him way the fuck out of the country.

Not to assassinate him or have some convoluted plot to take him out.

Just make him be anywhere but there.

Lost Mobius is pretty great too. It draws all affected enemies to the enter of it's AoE, even enemies that normally can't be knocked back. This is great for setting up arts and crafts like petrosphere, clock down, thunder god kick, evil eye, etc. I like using it with petrosphere especially, because the enemies will never reach anyone if I keep spamming lost mobius.

I did, and now I have to wait about five years for the last chapter.

But TC comes out next year.

It's a side story anyways.

>It's a side story anyways.
Nayuta no Kiseki is the only 'side' story, everything else fits together and remains relevant long term.

Olivier/Schera endgame or bust.

Some choices that give you more BP are what you would NOT do in those situations as well. It was fucking stupid.

The higher difficulties just make enemies sponges. It isn't even fun.

Im 2nd class junior when i finished FC. Will i get trouble reaching A rank for SC?

What I mean is, all the plot threads in FC are wrapped up in SC. Side story was the wrong term.

FC and SC are one continuous story. TC is mostly unrelated events that happen after and also feature the same characters.

Waiting for TC before playing SC doesn't make much sense.

That clears it up.
I just find it strange that people try to judge Trails' story without enough context, and suggest games aren't linked.

They aren't related I think.

they already tried to assassinate him and failed

I mean, they're all linked, since they take place in the same continent in close proximity in time as well.

But for example, Cold Steel doesn't really need any of the context of Trails in the Sky. It only has some small references to it.

Wait Nayuta is set in the same universe?

As far as we know currently, no.

What about zero or jade?

Don't know first hand, but I've heard it's the same sort of deal.

I kinda stopped halfway through SC because I got busy fapping to Anelace. But I'm gonna continue next week I swear

>Cold Steel doesn't really need any of the context of Trails in the Sky.
It really does, more than you'd originally think.
Likewise Cold Steel 2 really expects you to have played Ao and Zero beforehand, otherwise you miss a ton of context.

They're self contained enough to understand the individual stories (ie Rean and Crow, Thors) but there is a lot more going on at the same time that you miss out on.

I dunno, I felt they did a decent job of summing things up.

Obviously, Zero and Ao haven't been localized, so Xseed took this into account.

It's called The Third, not TC. It's specifically not named in the same manner as the other two games to make it clear its a separate story. Calling it TC just makes it more confusing.

Huh. Yeah, you're right.

I've been calling it third chapter all this time, but looking at the logo again, yeah, it's just the third.

Thanks for correcting me.

Well, that's on the original script, as far as I know XSEED added nothing.

Without the previous arcs, you kind of end up having an Erebonian viewpoint.
Some people now are in the mindset that Erebonia taking Crossbell was a good thing, and others see it as extremely dangerous.

Makes discussion more interesting if anything.

>Literally female Joshua
JoshuaxKloe OTP

Well people coming from Trails in the Sky should know that Erebonia is awfully militaristic.

I mean, they basically tried to invade Liberl while they were at their weakest, and the pretty explicit point that some of the higher ups are in cahoots with Ouroboros.

Honestly, going into CS was pretty weird, as Erebonia doesn't exactly seem like a righteous nation.

>Literally female Joshua
I think you've mistaken.

i wish

Wait till you get to the mecha

Why is Joshua so pretty

Literally no trap has worked on me before.

But Joshua has stolen my heart

twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/781982306093371392
What did Xseed mean by this

>Cross dressing outfit in CS3 when?
Falcom Gakuen had me rolling.

Crossbell confirmed.

Bitch i played this for almost 30 hours straight i loved this game

It looks like music things.

Maybe ask Cred Forums

Or not, they don't know music either.

See you're supposed to be like your self insert. He doesn't know shit so you don't either. That's a perfectly reasonable storytelling gimmick. Yes you get a more complete picture if you play everything but at that point it's the story of the series and not the story of the character.