What kind of fucking retarded quote is this?

What kind of fucking retarded quote is this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GTb3e8Pi1KY
youtube.com/watch?v=sd3Ce7f4EUY&t=12m28s
youtube.com/watch?v=gGuG0WUKjd0&t=24m16s
marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2015/01/in-defense-of-the-company-town.html
youtube.com/watch?v=-FPmSLzsbdM
youtube.com/watch?v=OLvz5E61UNs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partitions_of_Poland#First_Partition
realmofhistory.com/2016/07/09/10-facts-scythians-warfare/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A SJW one.

A country and western one

I don't get the artstyle shift desu. They went from slighly realistic to Pixar-lite.

>Optical computers, genetic catalogs, nanorepair modules—forget all of that. It's when you see a megaton of steel suspended over your head by a thread the thickness of a human hair that you really find God in technology.

-- Anonymous Metagenics Dockworker ,"MorganLink 3DVision Live Interview"

why are all the women so ugly?

It's meant to praise chicks who do anal.

>coal miner

A shitty pop culture reference because quoting serious history would have required any form of education.

I'm struggling to follow the logic here. Why would she deserve credit?

Because she's the one having sex with Steve while you're in the mine risking your life.

Women are the first and main victims of war.

They want to be goofy. Probably it's just me but I enjoyed the "serious-ish" tone on Civ5, hopefully they are not adding cringeworthy dialogues or quotes to Civ6.
So far, everything I've seen from the game (talking about mechanics) do not seem super exciting. Knowing myself I'll end up playing it soon or later.

I'm having a tough time understanding this quote and I can't find anywhere on the internet to explain it to me.

>Steve
you mean Tyrone

Because it's not what he said. The original quote and context is:
"I have known the fruits of strikes. The bitter and the sweet. Hunger and music... Who deserves more credit than the wife of a coal miner? Mother was one. She never complained about the hardships that were hers in abundance. Lighting the coal-oil lamp long before daylight, and cooking breakfast for her children and husband."

>khazarmagic
KHAZAR MOTHAFUCKA THE REAL JEWS IS IN MOURNIN

>she

id rek at least one of her holes

I thought all mothers did that. I mean, yeah, it's more than appreciated but coal miners risk their lives every day and forfeit their health wholesale to black lung just to provide for their families and make sure the world at large has a steady energy source. It seems like such an odd thing to do, placing the credit of coal miners onto their wives. Especially when they may not even have one. What of the poor saps who are doing it as unwed bachelors? I guess they don't matter at all.

People sometimes talk about achievements by proxy but this is just bizarre.

Ohh... Now I get why Poland has a female leader.
Fuck off west, stop pushing your fucking agenda everywhere.

Coal miner
>works his ass of deep underground in horrible conditions
>his hello and goodbye is changed to may God be with you
>can die from methane
>can die from even minor earthquakes
>can die from lung faliure
>even if he survives his work his health will be severly fucked
>doesnt even earn that much

His wife
>waits for his money
>sits in home dealing with kids
>cleans the house
>makes dinner for the family
>somehow she should be earning more credit than her husband
???

devs confirmed for cucks who let their wives burn coal.

The portraits look the same as they did in Civ IV

To be fair, I think that the tech quotes in SMAC were very much inspired by the little snippets that Frank Herbert had before each chapter.

>“You cannot avoid the interplay of politics within an orthodox religion. The power struggle permeates the training, education and disciplining of the orthodox community. Because of this pressure, the leaders of such a community inevitably much face that ultimate internal question: to succumb to complete opportunism as the price of maintaining their rule, or risk sacrificing themselves for the sake of the orthodox ethic.”

I could care less about rulers being male or female, but Catherine de Medici really bothers me as a choice. Eleanor of Aquitaine would have been my pick if we needed a female French leader. .

It's a music man, it's supposed to be emotional, not a fact...he is just saying that her mom was a uplifiting person to be with, you can't be so blind to not understand context

honestly I don't mind the historically ugly women to be depicted as ugly. They're political figures not fapbait

What I'm pissed about is an Italian woman in charge of France that never had a female ruler.

Mother of a Coal Miner would of been better desu

Not knowing if the kid that came out of your body would come back and probably outliving him due to the black lung he will have etc

Tyrone was still a slave when that quote was made.

she's hot though

Don't forget that this was in a time of relative poverty. People had no insurance and no medical care in the mining towns, made no personal profit as they had to buy all their food/supplies from stores in the miner town that the mining company owned. They obviously weren't selling cheap and that led to a circle of debt and work, a bit like slavery. Then there were strikes during which miners didn't make anything and couldn't afford any food to feed their families - they were mostly playing music and singing a lot as that didn't require any money and kept spirits high. It was a hard time for hard people.

Regardless, what the guy said is that his mother was though, too, and didn't bitch about the hardship. The problem is that the game developers misquote him intentionally and create a message of "women are better than men" - which was neither the guy's intent or actual statement.

Such a small snippet taken out of context, you understand where all the confusion comes from though. If they meant to convey anything more than that tiny quote, I'm sure they would have done so.

I liked Sid Meyers' quotes selection much better.

>The problem is that the game developers misquote him intentionally and create a message of "women are better than men" - which was neither the guy's intent or actual statement.

Look at the other quotes of Civ VI. They weren't trying to make a "statement"; they just didn't put that much thought into the quotes they picked.

I expect a Day 1 Leonard Nimoy quote mod.

>research mathematics
>"I think every group of black guys should have at least one white guy in it." - Dave Chappelle

Well that explains it, Civ IV was shit

>Day 1 Leonard Nimoy quote mod.
Yes please.
>It will cost money

>yfw mining is one of the first thing you research in any given game
>yfw you will have to listen to this stupid quote in every game of Civ 6

ebin XD

>implying you're going to play this shitheap

Wait a second that quote..

>Muh SJW
>Muh Cucks
Why do you guys ever talk about the new mechanics or gameplay, its always just nit-picking the stupidest fucking things

What new mechanics? The districts don't really bring anything new to the table.

>Cred Forums
>actual vidya discussion
Pick one.

Each tech has like three different quotes so you won't hear the same shit each playthrough.

Anti-SJWs don't play video games.

youtube.com/watch?v=GTb3e8Pi1KY

WITHOUT GOOD, NO EVIL
WITHOUT WANT, NO LACK
WITHOUT DESIRE, NO NEED

This used to fucking terrify me so I never built this wonder.

Cuck.

You guys do know that it has been literally confirmed that there are multiple quotes per tech, right?

No, actually.

I've just been watching Marbozir's playthrough so I never noticed.

>Cred Forums endlessly attacks and complains people that get upset over minor things
>large amount of users getting upset over a quote that they don't even understand

Man, just imagine if Alpha Centauri was released today. Cred Forums would be seething with rage over Morgan, Lal and Miriam and claim the game is SJW propaganda.

>a
>fucking
>italian

Stolen from plebbit:

youtube.com/watch?v=sd3Ce7f4EUY&t=12m28s
youtube.com/watch?v=gGuG0WUKjd0&t=24m16s

Should be enough proof.

There are no new mechanics. They took a few steps back and now there's missing content and features so they can sell you DLC to fix the shortcomings. Before those are out there's no reason to play this over the older games.

nigga they've been paraphrasing quotes with out of context ideas since Civ IV

Will I be able to play this on my toaster

>There are no new mechanics
Districts? Housing? Civis tree? Governments? Religious combat? Support units and ability to combine units? Eureka boosts? Improved diplomacy?
>They took a few steps back and now there's missing content and features
Go ahead and name some
>Before those are out there's no reason to play this over the older games
Waah new things baad old things good

Why the fuck does the new Civ look like a phone version of V?

Not him but world congress is missing. Shame, really.

>and claim the game is SJW propaganda
I doubt anyone would.
People would perhaps call some factions out for being naive and SJW-ish but as there are plenty of other factions with a wide array of world views and values it's a rather balanced experience.
Civ6 isn't anything like it - there's no mention of anything that isn't politically correct in the eye of a 6 year old. It's why some people recoil in disgust - societies in history weren't about being the nicest guy in the neighbourhood. At its core life is all about overcoming entropy - an intrinsic trait of life itself.

The song is more of a dig at the wife for complaining about doing normal fucking things when his mother never whinged.

thank you.
you fags literally look for a reason to get offended, worse them fucking sjws

>it's a "the game is really good to the point that shitposters have to attack pointless meaningless things to try and shitpost" episode

ah yes very good

it really doesn't

please find one mobile game with the same graphical fidelity as this game

I'll wait

So is Sean Bean the narrator? This is very important.

i don't see anything wrong with that

>if Cred Forums shitposts about a game then it's good

So every game in existence is good?

>Civ5 is the gold standard
Play Alpha Centauri and Call to Power at some point. The games still have more content and compexity than Civ5 or 6. The issue with this genre is that you get a graphical update and streamlined features that remove other features instead of making the experience deeper. Ideology (and related warfare) was part of Call to Power - that game came out in 1999. Alpha Centauri had a world-government akin to the UN. Call to Power had support units. Call to Power also managed to include oceans and space and assorted warfare but the result is a bit questionable - though one could argue that improving upon it would have yielded more interesting results than having the same "oceans are just for moving units or ship combat" the Civ series did for decades.
What you are buying into is a marketed and hyped product that has a new (phone/tablet friendly) look without bringing anything new to the table. There's not even intellectual appeal in the regurgiated clichés of statesmanship, ideologies and warfare to be found. It'll be one of those games only people who never played a predecessor find enjoyable.

B-But men lose their lives or worse, survive has a cripple.

Yes. If you're hearing any other VA, it's a dev placeholder.

>Cred Forums
>not being autistic and missing the point

I'll think i'll just go back to Civ IV

I enjoyed it more than V anyways

>Quoting country and western songs in Civ as if they're particularly deep
What in the fuck? The guy who wrote it just hated mines and the exploitation of mining families.

Excellent.

why westerners hate their women so much?

He was just the son of a coal miner that felt pity for his mother.

...why is she brown ingame with black hair?

It goes on to talk about his brother and how he had all his ribs broken in an accident too.

>European genes
not even once

Because she's italian.

>World Congress is missing
I almost welcome this. World Congress was more of a moneybags game than a popularity contest and I almost always got fucked over.
>First place as world's busiest Civ
>Max out production for World Fair
>Get Silver
Fuck this game sometimes. If Civ6 doesn't have bullshit AI then that's a strong selling point for me. Shit like unhappiness having no effect on the AI is fucked up, yet there're so stupid that having to deal with unhappiness would completely cripple them. By the same token, you're better off trading for luxuries since AI civs will rarely actually benefit from the happiness boost anyway since their unhappiness is totally shot. Shit's fucking retarded.

she doesn't look brown

Its from a country song, you triggered reverse-SJW.
Go post about how mad you are on polmblr.

But the portrait isn't like she is depicted ingame

>3.5k watching Quill "The Shill"
>Only 1k watching FilthyRobot
Disgusting

>watching a minmaxing PvP speed player when he doesn't know all mechanics yet and the game only has easy AI

I do hope that's just the normal speccy weirdness with AMD cpu.

A minmaxing PvPer explains mechanics and other shit better than the fucking Shill. Fuck off Quill.

>>Civ5 is the gold standard
Where the fuck did I say this. You cock gobbling retard?

I wish I could see that.
>WAAAAH the nigger is the rich guy WAAAAAAH SJWs why is a woman leading the militarists WAAAAAAH

Ditto for Civ 2
>Fucking SJWs inventing fictional leaders for the 1:1 female to male quota WAAAAAAAH

I think cleo is hot

Wait there is a religious victory now? How does that work?

>Don't even understand
There's nothing to understand. The guy who said it thought that his mother having to light the oil lamp really early in the morning and make breakast were "hardships".

Marcus Antonius pls

At least in civ 4, I haven't touched the series since, you got it by controlling all the holy sites and having the religious buildings.

Immigration to convert them

That is real life. The charismatic fun guy is more interesting to be around/listen to then the analytical, serious guy.

>2/3 God

Imersion ruined, literally unplayable.

unify the world by the one true faith. That's how it was in Civ 4, the only civilization game worth to play.

Of course. This is twitch after all.

Different strokes for different folks. I don't know either of those two but I personally prefer the analytical types myself. I can understand why it's less popular though.

Elizabeth and Medici were not pretty in real life, as paintings show.

Cleopatra looks pretty damn good considering she is quite inbred. Busts show her as not being that great looking, though the standard of beauty back then was different.

>game is actually more complicated than V and harder for entry level players
>people still give it shit because of art style and irrelevant bollocks

>It was luxuries like air conditioning that brought down the Roman Empire. With air conditioning their windows were shut, they couldn't hear the barbarians coming.

What the hell is this supposed to mean?

>playing modern civilization games
lol no

Napoleon was also Italian.

>game is actually more complicated than V and harder for entry level players
I been watching the stream for about 2 hours. How the fuck is it more complicated?

>people still give it shit because of art style and irrelevant bollocks
Where do you think we are.jpg

Autism must make philosophy discussions hard for you.

>Gary Edward "Garrison" Keillor is an American author, storyteller, humorist, radio actor, voice actor, and radio personality. He is known as creator of the Minnesota Public Radio show A Prairie Home Companion, which he hosted from 1974 to 2016. Wikipedia
>humorist

Gee, could it be a joke?

Tyrone is an Irish name.

>harder is better
erry tiem

>It's another Cred Forums desperately tries to recreate tortanic episode
Kill yourself OP.

You have to micro manage and specialize your cities.
Wonders take up hexes that don't fall within your city walls, as do other districts

It is when Cred Forums was constantly bitching about how this looks like mobile shit.

I read on Kotatku that it's better than Civ V with the Brave New World expansion pack.

Corsica is French you stupid fucking nigger

>He doesn't micro manage and specialize his cities in V

Let me guess? You only play on prince?
The only thing more "complicated" is placing your buildings. That is about it. Not that is matters unless you are min maxing shit anyway.

He could barely speak french, and couldn't properly write it, all his life.

It is now, yes. It wasn't when Napoleon was born.

Civ 6 looks way better than 5, which was better than 4 post expansions. Get fucked. World Congress is the only major feature missing.

>Let me guess? You only play on prince?
>Not that is matters unless you are min maxing shit anyway.
Mixed signals.

It was french when Napoleon was born. Genoa sold it to France a few years earlier.

>You have to micro manage and specialize your cities.
So...do the same thing I have been doing since Civilization 3?

>the coal miner does the dangerous dirty work
>lets praise his wife

JUST SJW MY SHIT UP

>Mixed signals
Not really. You just have shit reading comprehension.

No, you are just a settler who insults other settlers :)

Because when they were alive the standards were different. Those women were hot, 500 years ago.

>He doesn't micro manage and specialize your cities.

These is the audience that Civ 6 wants to attract.

So, which civ is going to be the best?

You literally just said
>You have to micro manage and specialize your cities.
Like that doesn't fucking exist in 5. Jesus christ. Fuck off.

Russia won't be in the game as a protest against the occupation of Ukraine.

Wouldn't that have been the aim of Civ V?

It was Italian when Napoleon was born.

Even if that weren't the case, it had been Italian for a very long time. An entire island doesn't suddenly become French because France got it.

Does this upset you? Did they hurt your feelings? Maybe you should make a peition and send it to Firaxis. Make the world a better place. When you fight for justice you fight for all of us!

They made a fake leader named after one of our memes? Oh fucking wow.

HOLY SHIT TRAJAN WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR FUCKING FACE

I really like Scythia. I was always a fan of Tomyris.

The fog of war is really really jarring. Why did they have to make it brown?

Sure, it exists, but this is a forced gameplay element in VI.

Except Cathrine de Medici was the ruler of France after her husband Henry II was assassinated

My first post is So no, I didn't say that.

It was genoese. Corsica has never been part of anything called Italy, Kingdom of Italy, or whatever.
Genoa owned it for a while, but it was rebellious and independent, so they sold it to France. France has owned it since.

He was Corsican
Big difference

Because people with toasters lamented texture pop up and load times when loading savegames on large maps

>Literally put scythians in the game to talk about how progressive they were

>this is a forced gameplay element in VI.
Holy shit. Did you leave your cities on auto on 5?

Maybe because working in a coal mine is a costant danger and marrying a coal miner is asking to be a widow at a young age wich at that time meant to either starve to death or become a prostitute ?

>coal miner gets lung cancer and dies
>but think of the wife
These people are too dumb to even be breathing.

Greece, purely because their bonus is ridiculously versatile.

ITS A POPULAR COUNTRY SONG HOLY FUCK.
I wish uncultured millennials would stop shitposting about shit they don't understand.

This is a commie myth. Read this: marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2015/01/in-defense-of-the-company-town.html

>for a while

Try several hundred years.
Italy is a geographical term. Genoa was Italian.

Scythia was a major, major force dimwit. There's a reason so many medieval powers tried to claim this as their ancestary in order to win legitimacy. Both the Brits and the Russians tried to pull the "btw our people are just migrated Scythians m80s" thing for hundreds of years.

There are light-hearted quotes, serious ones, they go by tone there's like 2 or 3 a tech.

>the stuff you read is wrong, read my stuff in stead, as it is factual

>muhllennials

It's out of place misquoted and shit

I thought jokes were supposed to be funny.

>Italy is a geographical term.
>Genoa was Italian.

So did the geography change? Fucking moron.

>There will never be a Civ game that has The Mexican Empire with glorious Porfirio Diaz as its leader.

Please. Tell me this is a shop.

t. not a coal miner

Not that guy but are you trying to argue Genoa and Corsica weren't Italian at the time? That's delusional.

Country songs cant be popular.

better then a coal burner

>In defense of the company town
Fuck off, Henry Ford.

Yes, exactly.

LMAO
do u want a peron simulator too fag

The facial animations are fucking incredible. Too bad the style is garbage.

>You build mosque now
Wait. What?

I'm pretty sure that makes nerve gas.

As a counterpoint, the thing you linked is in fact not factual and not worth reading.

>tattoos
>dyed hair an unnatural colour
>glasses

EVERY FUCKING TIME WITHOUT FUCKING FAIL

>if you disagree with me you are delusional

1. There was no Italy at the time, so nothing was italian. The people who you'd call italians didn't even speak the same language.
2. Genoa owned Crimea as well. Is that italian by virtue of being genoese?
3. It was not part of Genoa. It was sold, and was part of France.
4. It is today part of France as well.
5. Napoleon has many times in his later years expressed that he is a frenchman, and a french patriot, and even expressed dislike for corsicans.

Make an argument or fuck off.

Primary victims of war are women - Hilary Clinton

That's what you seem to think.

Napoleon was born on Corsica, which was was owned by an Italian state at the time, and they spoke Italian there. His family is of Tuscan origin, and Tuscany happens to be in Italy.

He is just as much Italian as Catherine.

You must be American.

Are you really serious ? Woooow It's a quote from a song, any normal funtional human being can see, Firaxis just put for the fun and Cred Forumsack spergs the fuck out and rant about some SJW conspiracy.

Literally no different from SJW

>hexagons
i'll stick with civ 4 then.

The italian penisula and the people in it had been called italians since fucking Augustus, you're delusional.

You talking about Juan Domingo Perón?

Sure why not.

It links to its sources: a book and a series of journal articles that present the relevant data, if you're interested in it.

Corsica isn't in the Italian peninsula, you cockmongering dicklord.

>There was no Italy at the time

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_of_Italy

You said nothing was Italian, when Italy has been a term since forever.

Yet somehow even in the 19th century they weren't interested in unification.

They were Italian in the same way that the people of the EU are Europeans: there is no cultural unity.

If you would actually read the articles you link, you'd notice that THERE WAS NO ITALY AT THE TIME.
Check the years. and neck yourself.

It was inhabited by italians, it didn't change immediately and Napoleon was born Italian of an Italian family.

I like how she looks and I like how the game looks. Stay triggered.

The family napoleon was born from was from Genoa, hence italian

The fact someone would argue this is hilarious

>THERE WAS NO ITALY AT THE TIME.

Did Italy only recently rise from the sea or something? Were the Romans sea people?

Corsican language and genetics were different from mainland Italy. Basically read a book.

>Corsican (corsu or lingua corsa) is a Romance language within the Italo-Dalmatian subfamily and is closely related to the Italian language.

>there was no USA a thousand years ago
>huuurpa durp did da usa rise from da sea or smthn?

>Napoléon Bonaparte (/nəˈpoʊliən, -ˈpoʊljən/;[2] French: [napɔleɔ̃ bɔnapaʁt], born Napoleone di Buonaparte

>Napoleon was born on 15 August 1769, to Carlo Maria di Buonaparte and Maria Letizia Ramolino,

LOL literally italian names, butthurt frogs are butthurt

Notice how its not italian, and is instead its own language, related to italian. Protip: so is french, or half the languages in Europe.

You are moving the goalposts so far you are about to agree with me.

What?

USA isn't a geographical term.

Shouldn't you be going to bed, Pierre?

Napoleon was born of an Italian family a year after Corsica was sold to France.

He was Italian.

>napoleon was born in france, studied in france, married a french woman, and made a career killing italians for france, after which being appointed the french leader of french france france french france

Related to Italian, not related to French.
You have different languages in modern Italy as well, that doesn't make them not Italian languages.

>napoleon was born in france

False.

He was born in the Republic of Genoa though, which was Italian, from an Italian family.

Corsica was sold to France one year before he was born.
He was born in France. He is French. No italian of any worth has been born for over two thousand years.

Well at least this thread isn't about Hitler.

Whichever civ that Civet is leading.

Canada, they are replacing Russia, as the russians are taken out to protest the occupation of Ukraine and annexation of Crimea.

Hungarian here, we still do it, lel

>Corsica was sold to France one year before he was born.

Why do you keep lying, it was one year after.

>No italian of any worth has been born for over two thousand years.

Now we're getting to the source of your persistence.

Are the leader backgrounds a placeholder?

I could go either way on the artstyle and look of them, but if they go from actual rendered backgrounds and environments of Civ 5, to just static background portraits, that's honestly shit.

Butthurt frogs can't cope with the idea that their most important leader in history wasn't even French lol

Yeah the 1951's were truly 100% SJW oriented.
youtube.com/watch?v=-FPmSLzsbdM

>Are the leader backgrounds a placeholder?

No. They cut out the backgrounds.

Personally I prefer the change. It's less static.

It was sold more than one year earlier in fact, and the french conquest started one year earlier.
Its just that when it was sold to France, the french didn't immediately go to kill half the male population and cuck the locals, since they were busy.

What's up with people that keep saying Russia wont be in the game. Please tell me its just some dumb meme.

It is just a shitty meme, r-right?

You have a legit reason to though.

They are cut from Battlefield, Football Manager and Civilization, because of their imperialism.

He wasn't french though, he was still born from an italian family in italian territory.

Frogs cuckolded out of their main leader makes my nipples erect

Now I ain't saying she a gold digger
But she ain't messing with no broke niggas

>in italian territory
France isn't italian territory. Corsica was in France.
You are making shit up and trying to use it to fight facts, that you can easily check and confirm.

>le cuckhole
By a pasta nigger spamming lies on a chinese comic book forum? Good luck.

Someone whose dad works at Nintendo here.

They will be in the first DLC, and their leader will be Rasputin. Pls don't tell anyone else.

>France isn't italian territory. Corsica was in France.

We've been over this, it wasn't French when he was born, he could barely speak french most of his life.

>By a pasta nigger

LOL I'm not even european

>Napoleon was French REEEEEEEE

Your just fucking with me right?

Please just be fucking with me.

They aren't cutting England out because they owned half the bloody world at one point, so why Russia?

He was born to an Italian family in a territory that had been Italian for hundreds of years.
He's not French just because France owned Corsica for a year.

It's almost likely confrontationally attacking people for not having black characters and females characters in video games made a lot of people MORE resistant to those elements instead of less so.

It's almost like some people were mad at SJWs, Sarkeesian, and the assholes that supported them because they're divisive, naive at best, intellectually dishonest, and making things worse rather than better.

>We've been over this
You mean you kept insisting that your lies are true, when they aren't.
You repeating nonsense doesn't confirm it.

Genoa sold Corsica to France in 1768.
Napoleon was born in 1769. A year later.

Who the hell care ? He was a french leader. Where he came from does not change that fact. He worked for the advancement of France.

The anglosphere is God'd chosen vessel to unite the world, while slavs are atheist imperialists. Know the difference.

>All it takes to trigger Cred Forums is an out of context quote

That's not the point.
People complain about Catherine for being Italian, when Napoleon was just as Italian.

>That art design

I have no doubt that they went for a mobile game style from the outset

this

The rest is just trolling the butthurt frog since their most important leader wasn't French, he even had to change his name to sound French.

Napoleon isn't italian. Napoleon is french. He was born in France. He was educated in France. He worked in France, for the French government, several of them in a row. He made a career out of killing italians for France. He wrote books about how Italy should be part of France. He got insulted when anyone would call him italian or imply he isn't french. He lived, loved, fought and wishes he died for France.

>France is so shit it needs Italians to rule it properly

>The Bonaparte (originally Buonaparte) family were from minor Italian nobility who held most of their property in the hill town of San Miniato near Florence, Italy. The name derives from Italian, buona, "good" and parte, "part" or "side".

Game, set, point.

Nah, it's because gamers are basically all redneck dimwits.

I don't know, user. It couldn't possible be because old painting's colors wash out over time, could it?

Not really. Napoleon was a French citizen.
Catherine was the Queen of France who gave birth to 3 kings.

She was as French as you could be, her being bor n in Italy and then married to France at 14 has no bearing on that.

>He was educated in France. He worked in France, for the French government, several of them in a row.

Actually, he wasn't, he was educated in Corsica and had a thick italian accent his whole life, at one point during the revolutionary wars he fought for the Corsicans against the French.

>He wrote books about how Italy should be part of France
>He got insulted when anyone would call him italian
Obvious to see why

>empire

Agustin de Iturbide and Maximiliano de Habsurgo were the only emperors we had.

Carlo di Buona-Parte was italian. Napoleon Bonaparte was french.
I see nothing in your post that disproves mine, so your game-set-point must be a white flag of surrender. I accept it.

>He got insulted when anyone would call him italian or imply he isn't french

Did he also use the French toilet instead of the Italian one?

Lad washing out colours doesn't fucking change them, she has red hair and blue eyes in that one.

Either that or the painters were shit at their job.

Because it was the mode back then to be as white as possible

White = Not being in the sun = Not working = Rich.

Peasants were brown.

Same reason why in the 1600's Queens wanted to be fat. Because fat = rich.

Painters simply made them whiter than they were on request.

Dont fuck with adopted citizenship.
youtube.com/watch?v=OLvz5E61UNs

His education was in a french monastery, then a french military academy, then a french officers academy, and then a french strategist department.
And even if you insist that running around with other children in daycare in Corsica when he was 6 is also education, Corsica was french at the time.

>He got insulted when anyone would call him italian or imply he isn't french.

Yes because it would undermine his legitimacy, how does that change that he was born Italian as Napoleone di Buonaparte of an Italian noble family?

Yes, which is why I say Catherine is just as Italian as Napoleon.

He was still born Italian and nothing you can say will change that, I'm sorry frog, your country never had great leaders that weren't foreign.

His "italian family" were the first french loyalists on the island, and they suffered for it when italian loyalists tormented them and raided their house.
Oh, and he was born in Corsica, which was part of France, as stated nearly 50 times.

He was Italian though, he had an Italian Name, he had an Italian Family.

I truly feel sorry for you.

Basically people from central Europe and Asiatic steppes has legitimate claim. Brits on the other are a mix of Dumb Germans and smelly Celts. Mostly smelly Celts.

How is it misquoted if it's quoted properly?

His family was from Tuscany.

>im rite ur rong lalalla i cant hear you im reite ur rong haha

Nice continuous lack of arguments.

>you can magically become a nationality by being born on its territory
I didn't know 18th century France was modern America. Was every Slovak or Croatian speaker born in this period also Austrian?

Porfirio pretty much ruled like an emperor though.

Plus, can't beat that mustache

His family was from Italy. He was from France.
Your imbecile logic would have every person alive be African, because of grand-grand-grand... parents.

Underrated post

Hes of Italian descent and of French nationality. You fuckers are as bad as Alexander was greek/macedonian fags.

There was a kingdom of Italy in the time of the HRE. Italian was a real classification and the people there were Italian. You can continue to claim that Corsica wasn't Italian but it wouldn't make them any more French. At best it would make them Corsican which would fall under the Italian tree.

Except that his heart was in France. Where you choose to be is more important than where you were born.

The only people who say Alexander was Macedonian are Macedonians.

Isn't it the opposite? I have no interest in claiming Napoleon was Italian, it's the frog that is adamant that a guy with an obvious Italian name from an italian family from a country that had just been italian a year before and could barely speak french his entire life, was french LOL

HE WAS BORN IN FRANCE
WHY WONT NOBODY FUCKING LOOK UP THE FACTS

Pfft.

No gamers are card-carrying members of the MRA, and the MRA, of course, is this wide-spread political movement that controls all known branches of government, but it also has time to post dissenting opinions in Cracked articles all day. The "manpower" of the gamer/MRA alliance is truly leviathan.

How is that relevant?
People born in Poland during the German occupation are Polish, not German.

Like I said it does not matter where he was born or not.

But yes he was born on France territory.
"Ajaccio, Corsica, France"

Alexander was in fact macedonian. The problem is that there is a modern state called Macedonia which isn't macedonian.
The old macedonians were probably as much thracian as they were greek, or even moreso. They wore different clothes, had different celebrations and architecture, spoke differently, had different values and culture. They werent "greek", and every greek would confirm that on the spot. Only the royal macedonian family (a royal family, how ungreek!) thought they are, or pretended to, so they can have good reason for conquest.

>people think that quote is SJW
Pretty sure Merle Travis is talking about the kind of wife who lived before modern conveniences, who did all of the housekeeping alone, raised 5-15 children alone, and then supported her husband when he came home

I guess in a way it is social justice to point how incredible those women were. But it's a different social justice to the kind used by pointless women who are lazy slobs.

Hes fucking dead

>your country of birth doesn't matter when discussing your nationality
>your personal choice doesn't matter when discussing your nationality
>your actions and legacy doesn't matter when discussing your nationality

Why am I wasting precious time talking to children.

Corsica was a sold territory and the Corsican patricians were waged a war of independence as soon as they were taken over by the french Napoleons father included. When his first child was born Napoleon's father abandoned the revolutionary cause, an action which caused Napoleon to be salty to his father. Also it was not that he cannot speak french, he was sent to Paris at the age of 12 to study. He was simply had a thick accent speaking it as french was not his mother tongue.

Corsica wasn't even Italian geo-politically it was the possession of the independent state of Genoa. And Corsicans themselves were distinct from the people of mainland Europe.

By Macedonian I meant modern Macedonians.

All Greeks had their own culture and language. Athens was very different to Sparta which was very different to Crete.

Not really. They are German from Polish origins. Napoleon is French from Italian origins.

Are you saying that Americans are not Americans unless they have Native relatives? Natives, are not really natives, then? They are just Chineses?

With this logic, you can say that we are all Africans because of Lucy.

He was born in France, had French education with French values and helped France to become a world leader. He's french.

Generally I don't know why some pictures of her have blonde hair and blue eyes considering the majority of her portraits have darker hair and eyes. Probably artistic license. Could be one of the earliest cases of a woman wanting to have blonde hair so she got her painter to paint her that way.

No idea, but that picture probably isn't accurate.

Regional variations are not enough to make them un-Greek. Large differences between Aeolic/Ionian, doesn't mean one is Greek and the other is not.

It's certainly true though that the Macedonian nobles were far more Greek than the Macedonian subjects.

The League of Corinth was considered a Greek league, as evidenced by the message Alexander sent with the shields to Athens after Granicus: "Alexander, son of Philip, and the Hellenes, except the Lacedaemonians". Not "the Macedonians and the Hellenes", just "the Hellenes".

>modern Macedonians.
Slavs striving for validity. kek.
They're better off merging with Serbia.

Your country of birth does not matter, no. You do not choose to be born somewhere. You choose where you want to live. Napoleon was born in France, and even if he had Italian origins, chose to stay in France and become a military leader and dictator.

>thinking that matters

Nimoy voiced Civ IV and numerous audiobooks. It would be easy to lift quotes from there and add it to Civ VI if it supports that kind of modding.

Thats because "greek" is pretty much a modern construct used to unite these people who couldn't stand each other and fought more often than not.
The old "greeks" are the same people as much as modern "slavs" are the same people.

honestly i don't mind the character designs. reminds me a lot of asterix and obelisk

If this constitutes proof to you, you should read diplomatic messages from Roman Emperor Suleiman.

Except we're not discussing his nationality, we're discussing his ancestry and race as was the case with the original post about Catherine De Medici.

No...but if their actual parents were African, yes.

>all the triggered women ITT

>chose to stay in France and become a military leader and dictator
To bad eurocucks didn't want things to stay that way.

Still it took 7 coalitions to kick his ass. And only lost waterloo cause he had french commanders.

True but you also have to remember that the Greeks didn't even consider the Macedonians Greeks. They were held in the same regard as the rest of the barbarians.

>Poland
>no Sobieski

dropped

Their parents would inherit africanhood from their parents, who inherited it from their parents, and up the chain you go, so we are all africans. Or you are stupid, one of the two.

There has been a Greek identity since the Greco-Persian wars, when they were forced to unite to fight outsiders.

No. Because by your logic, your nationality is what your parents are, right?

Then your parent parents, are what their parent were, and ect. Up until you arrive to the birth of the Homo sapiens.
If you take in count the value of the nationality of the parents, then everybody is africans due to the fact that the parents nationality is always passed down.

Nationality is where you are raised, and where you choose to make your home. Not where your parents are from.

In the context of praising your own mother, it's a kind and doting sentiment. In the context of discovering the technology of mining it's super weird.

Like, "Yeah, inventing the wheel is nice and all, but men will never fully understand the duty of childbirth".

And it's just like, I didn't know this was a gender competition. We invented the wheel.

The macedonians weren't part of that war, or identity. Their kings pretended to be greeks so they can have cause for war.

Not really, or else we'd all be neanderthals.

nah the child would be african but if he stayed in america or wherever they moved to and then had a child, those children would be americans

No, the greeks considered themselves to be part of 4 tribes at best, ionians, dorians, aetolians and achaeans.

You have no idea how stupid that statement is. Neanderthal is the european breed of human, while modern man emerged from Africa later.

Did men invent the wheel? I didn't know we had records going that far back

>getting mining over pottery
>ever

My great-great-great-great...great grandparents were neanderthals, therefore I'm a neanderthal.

They might have actually intermarried with the Greeks. It was super popular at the time.

The UK also owned India, doesn't make Ghandi anymore of a Briton then Nappy was French.

We know we invented the wheel because we found wheels next to corpses of people.

The oldest wheel was found next to humans settlements.

Even if right now you have monkeys who are going through the Stone age right now, I doubt they made the wheel before us.

With some considering others to be invaders, and some considering themselves to be superior outsiders who came here to rule the locals.
Basically they didn't consider shit, and didn't care, and weren't a "people" together. They were just kingdoms at war, united politically by a foreign threat.

I have no fucking idea. I'm sure it was something people did and they just taught it to other people without any concept of copyright or trademark or anything. If you asked anyone who came up with it, I'm sure everyone in the tribe regardless of gender understood generally how the wheel worked and would say it's just a thing everybody learned from their parents or whatever.

That does make the gender stuff less weird. It makes it EVEN WEIRDER because it had nothing to do with gender.

>ever
Native Americans were taught pottery by Europeans. They mostly focused on Agriculture and navigation.

>Research completed: Weaponry
>"The primary victims of war have always been women"

Neanderthals are a different species to modern humans. You aren't descendant from them. Stop posting nonsense and educate yourself.

If marriage is enough to gain a nationality, then Napoleon was twice french.

I was more talking about the weird way you ended your sentence. It kind of came off that you were saying that men invented the wheel and not humanity.

>Ohh... Now I get why Poland has a female leader.
Because she created the commonwealth which made you a great power in Europe?

At least its mining related. The quotes in 4 and 5 barely have anything to do with the tech.

Homo sapiens have neanderthal in them, so yes, if you go far back enough we are descended from them.

Not great enough to avoid being an uncivilized shithole so backwards they won't even honor their rulers based on gender issues and insecurity.

What kind of retardation are you spouting? Pottery was with the Natives for at least 6000 years.

No, if you go back enough in time we have a common ancestors. That doesn't make us descendant from them.
Protip: you have a common ancestor with avocado. You share genes with avocado. Educate yourself on genetics before you post nonsense.

I'm not the user you were responding to, but Men is the Human race. Or Humanity. Man is the gender.

Men usually refer to the whole humanity when used like that.

But it was also probably a man who made the wheel, as women were weaker and too busy taking care of kids. But a women could have made it, sure.

They blame that on Russians and Germans

WE HAD A COMMONWEALTH AND STUFF

>not getting a simple song lyric

Untrue, humans and neanderthals did interbreed.

Are you seriously conflating the past with the present?

Fuck you man I'm not an avocado

Well they immigrated from Russia and presumably might have some distant historical ties to Europe somewhere so in a really meaningless technical way, it's a true statement.

It triggers me how easily these SJW's triggering triggers Cred Forums

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

Yeah but being a coal miner isn't really comparable to inventing mining either.

I think it's a deliberately contrarian quote, which I like. It annoys stupid people, and gives other stupid people a false sense of confidence.

Damn, I'm tired. Got mixed up. Ceramic was traded for Metalwork, right?

They shared agriculture tips, and Europeans learn to let the crops "die" while the Natives learned to cycle through, so not to kill the earth.

But I'm sure they gave Pottery to Europeans, who did not have Pottery back then.

Holy shit you must be a total goon.

This is a fundamental misunderstanding of how evaluation works.

It's like a 6th grader saying "well if evolution is real why are monkeys still around???"

Are you seriously implying that past greatness has no influence on modern days?
This moment came from the last, and that one came from the one before it, and so on. If they were greater then, perhaps they could be greater today, because they sure as fuck aren't.

were talking about a video game you stupid fuck

>Split apart and attacked by the four great powers surrounding them
>Spend the next couple hundred years occupied and oppressed
>Germany kills Polish leaders, intellectuals and artists during WW2
>Further oppression under the USSR

I mean really, Poland hasn't had their freedom for very long. They're still doing alright considering the circumstances.

That actually is the Russians and German's fault.

Video games were made by Americans though.

Not really. It's mostly the nobles who married her off to the Lithuanian prince, very much against her will. It was also just a personal union, the actual Commonwealth was formed nearly 200 years later.
Nevertheless, I'm fine with Jadwiga. You can build a decent AI personality and UA around her character traits (charity, support of science).

>sixth grader

Try modern american politicians and academics.

First link on google.

news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/05/100506-science-neanderthals-humans-mated-interbred-dna-gene/

Yes, red hair

Wikipedia has more then a few

>is the Russians and German's fault
Not Hitler's, who was the starter of this shit, right?

Don't forget the Austrians

modern american academics are in the "but why do monkeys exists if humans evolved from them???" field? do you have a single fact to back that up

All of that pop science is explained by saying that we have a common ancestor. Like I said, we share DNA with pigs, dogs, plants. Sharing DNA with neanderthal isn't special.

It's a total meme. We've already seen Peter's face in a screenshot, we're just waiting on the actual reveal.

But it's not really contrarian. The quote is just so out of context that I imagine the song writer might be a little miffed to see it used like that. He was saying credit was due to wives for enduring the hardships of mining, not implying that women specifically deserve more credit for making mining possible. I mean, it's a team thing where the two parts of the team had different roles and responsibilities, so it doesn't make sense for one side to get more credit than the other.

I wasn't the user you were originally arguing with and I was being facetious.

ur a big silly user
*glomps u*

Not even close, man. In Europe you had Neanderthals which the Natives aren't related to.

The Natives traded for a lot of things, yes. The things you brought up as well as horses. Natives were FUCKING AMAZED by horses.

Europeans had pottery too. It's one of the first steps to becoming a civilized people and since some Native societies were huge and surprisingly sophisticated they would obviously have pottery.

Homo Sapiens lived at the same time as Neanderthals. We raped their women and killed their men. We made them extinct, so yeah most homo sapiens have Neandertal origins.
This created the Homo Sapiens Sapiens.

Are you joking? Plenty of creationists in american universities.

No, this started long before Hitler

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partitions_of_Poland#First_Partition

>We raped their women and killed their men.

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

>muh offtopic
>makes offtopic post bitching about offtopic

Why don't you ever talk about the new mechanics or gameplay, its always just nit-picking the stupidest fucking things

Are you seriously going to tell me that occupiers that maliciously fuck you up aren't going to have an effect on your country? You don't actually get over that as fast as you might think. It's been less than 30 years since the fall of the USSR.

You're not going to get over that in a single generation.

And yet somehow, they never know the pain of LOSING someone close to them. What's worse is many soldiers cheat on their wives when overseas or beat and leave their wives when their wives cheat on them when they're overseas. Under Hillary's America, I'd like to imagine that allowing the wives of soldiers to visit and be with their husbands or sons or fathers, to help alleviate their pain (AND GET FULL PAID LEAVE WHILE DOING SO). War isn't what it was in the 40's. It's a lot more civilized now. No more excuses. We can't let war separate families anymore but rather, we must use war to become closer as a family.

>YOU WILL NEVER BE A PART OF THE INTERSPECIES BREEDING GROUNDS
>YOU WILL NEVER TAKE PART IN NEANDERTHAL RAPE

im thinking coal miners were known to be a rough bunch? also they age fast. must suck watching your man give away to sulphur and alcohol.

DNA? And the fact that humans always raped womens? They were different, but they still looked human. Just bigger with bigger heads, but a women is a women.

>This whole thread

>DNA?
Already explained a few times. Common ancestor, doesn't imply interbreeding. We share common DNA with many species, especially pigs.
>coexisting and liking sex
We coexisted with plenty of monkeys, yet I don't think we killed their men and raped their women. We didn't do it with dogs either.

I know no one cares, but I know a senior project manager and dev at 2K and he's a total nu-male SJW.

None of this should be surprising to you folks.

Since the 1600s Poland had been surrounded by four of Europe's greatest nations: Sweden, Prussia, Russia and Austria. They had to fight all four of them pretty much constantly and it had major draining effects on them. Eventually Russia, Prussia and Austria decided they were going to split up the Commonwealth between themselves.

I didn't say Austrians because Austrians are Germans. Should have been more precise.

Now this is where I interject

Most languages were not unified in the 1600's and 1700's. There were 30 different kinds of French, and just as many kinds of Italian. It wasn't until the 1800's that they unified and made one official language.

English and Spanish are some of the first to officialize and standardize their languages (in Europe). They did so in the 16th century. Russian didn't get standardized until Peter the Great. German wasn't standardized until the 1870's.

But she gave Cleo and Medici more boobage, Its Ed Beech that loves his obscure female leaders.

Sorry that he doesn't talk about niggers in that joke dude lmao

There is Neanderthal DNA in Europeans and West-Asians, there is no Neanderthal DNA in Africans, East Asians and Oceanians. Some Homo-Sapiens bred with Neanderthals after Homo Sapiens reached most places on earth.

>We coexisted with plenty of monkeys, yet I don't think we killed their men and raped their women. We didn't do it with dogs either.

Neither look human or can procreate with humans.

Leak when

I actually really like the artstyle of this game. My only complaint is the forest tiles looking like mildly wooded tiles.

It kinda does. Neanderthals had some characteristic than some older Homo Sapiens didnt have, and we do.
We see the mutation still today, so yeah, we do.

Monkeys are not in the class as Homo Erectus. Monkeys and Chimps are not compatible with humans.

We lived like 200 000 years with the Neanderthals. We "talked", traded, but when it came down to it, we killed them for the territory. We killed them, took the women, who were still able to produce Homo sapiens kids, and we kept going until they were extinct.

Monkeys are 3-4 millions of years before us ancestor wise. Nothing to do with us.

>didn't do it with dogs

You can find evidence of people fucking dogs on the internet right now. There's also old engravings of bestiality.

Apparently Neanderthals had really big eyes. It's not unfeasible that Homo Sapiens had a Neanderthal fetish

Pretty sure they're found DNA that did not come from the common ancestor and must have come from Neanderthals. Can't be bothered looking it up

They took Julius Caesar from Asterix and called it a day.

>They aren't cutting England out because they owned half the bloody world at one point, so why Russia?
Because they owned half the world about 100 years ago but Russia is conquering whomever they please right now?
I mean I wouldn't support a decision to cut Russia from the game but use your god damn brain.

So we went from Napoleon being Italian to Alexander being Macedonian to humans being neanderthal.

Great thread.

Why are Firaxis so based?

>But I'm sure they gave Pottery to Europeans, who did not have Pottery back then.
how can someone be so fucking retarded

if you can even call Cornish English or Scottish English English

>surrounded by four of Europe's greatest nations: Sweden, Prussia, Russia and Austria
While it's true that Sweden was a great power at one point I wouldn't call them one of Europe's greatest. They never had the population or industry needed to rival Prussia, Russia and even Poland.

Hell tiny Denmark gave them loads of trouble

It was not that big, but yeah about a 10-20% difference in eye.

I like the theory that without the Dinosaur Apocalypse, that Raptors could have become the dominant and intelligent species on earth due to some having growing brain space.

Catherine de Medici was about as French as Nikola Tesla was American.

be careful Cred Forums, if you interpret this statement wrong then you're a fucking retard

That doesn't even make any sense, they're the opposite.

This I am willing to accept as evidence, since there isn't enough time for it to develop otherwise. Source that claim please?

East Asians are even more Neanderthal than Eurasians dude. And they've got that Denisovan shit going on too

Wait doesn't that mean that the Europeans and West Asians are the sub humans?

t. tankie

>twitch and youtube tards get the game an ENTIRE MONTH early

what did they mean by this?

Perhaps, but the English standardized it, and their bumfuck neighbors butchered it.

They're still closer to English than Parisian French was to Bayeux French, or Tours French, or Lyon French, or Monaco French.

Neanderthals were smarter than Homo Sapiens.

We only beat them because there were more of us.

I know that Europe rich people wanted Native pottery because they had some weird technique. It was worth a ton of money back in the days.

I dont say they traded the pottery itself, just some tricks that they had.

>Destroyed Sumer
>Destroyed the Assyrian Empire
>Bitch slapped the shit out of the First Persian Empire
>Invented the magical trick of making entire Macedonian armies disappear North of the Danube
>Destroyed the Bactria Kingdom
>Were the largest part of the Parthian Empire's army, fought against the Roman Republic and Empire for centuries

Do
Not
Fuck
With
Scythians

never mess with the one white guy in a group of black dudes. whitey is nuts.

The first two are true

>Nikola Tesla
*Nick Tessler, an American inventor and biker gang member

Or corsican to standard italian.

>pls promote the game guys

Not a bad strategy. Showing off so much of the game pre-release shows confidence.

But did it have to be a month early?

I could understand a week max

wasnt the original context of the quote meant to be something like "the wives of coal miners are often forgotten about and do not get much credit and should get a bit more"? if i remember this right the guy was talking about his family

>News outlet get a game for advertisement purposes before the release date so that people can see the game before the game is released

It's a giant ad. Do you complain when people get to try out new cars before they are released? It's their job to play the game and promote it.

Why did they slap such chins on all the girls

Are they Ukrainians or Romanians or Bulgarians today?

?

Communism is left-wing, liberalism is right-wing.

Neanderthals were kind of the loner autists with lots of visual intelligence but lacking the social intelligence that probably led to sophisticated language, which obviously Africans do exhibit.

No, but they were still one of Europe's best. Not as powerful as the TRULY great but they were definitely up there. They definitely had the chance to rival Prussia in the early days.

>mining first
>not rushing writing
i tried to play civ5 but too many autists who play for twelve hours without saying a word, i tried multiple times and i had a friend and we both tried instigating conversation and strife but everyone just did their own thing in silence

Yes. The Liberals are money oriented and more right wing. But less so than the Conservatives. Liberals are usually more science and knowledge oriented.

>laundry
all of you are living at hotel mama

>american politics

Oh, I thought you were serious for a moment.

its either her or the douche

They're kinda gone but I think their closest relatives would be Tartars, Cossacks and magyars.

Because they're have power/are in politics

That's nothing new.

his mom was a wife of a coal miner,it would be shit if he had no reason to say that

is this bait

Garrison Keller is known for a very dry style of humor.

You never listened to Prarie Home Companion, Cred Forums?

>liberalism is left wing

Are you being retarded on purpose?

Cleopatra, Victoria, Boudica, and Catherine are all perfectly acceptable leaders for their civs. Even Theodora was pretty important in Byzantium, though definitely less so than her husband.

Their DNA mostly survived in these countries. Proto Slavs and Slavs took their place later on.

And

Tatars are also kinda gone. After they sided with nazis in WWII, they were killed of or spread around Siberia to be breeded out of existence. There are people who claim to be tatar today, but its kind of like americans claiming to be assyrian.
Cossacks are in a similar situation, for other reasons. They got butchered after the anarchy state of Ukraine was added to the USSR bulk.
Magyars are completely extinct, modern hungarians are europeans.

>Managed to somehow become a king of Poland(not a queen)
>szlachta basically forced her to marry Jagiełło
>literally lost all power to him after marriage

>oh boy she formed the commonwealth, look at her amazing diplomatic and economic skills that allowed this to happen!

All she had to do was to be born, everything was made for her since start.

>All she had to do was to be born, everything was made for her since start.

So are half the other leaders in the game, since they inherited their states, and it was generals who expanded it, bureaucrats who ruled it, and so on.

what the fuck is the difference between ethics and morals

"There is a distinction between them in philosophy. Strictly speaking, morality is used to refer to what we would call moral standards and moral conduct while ethics is used to refer to the formal study of those standards and conduct. For this reason, the study of ethics is also often called "moral philosophy.""

Coal miners died quickly, wives would be widows that had to raise families on their own

Not a hard concept to understand, women weren't gonna bring food or money into the household so once the bread winner is dead how do they expect to make ends meet

Plus being a widow with children was not gonna get you a new husband, societal taboos associated with widows then were similar to being divorced.

Morals is what you should do. Ethics is practicing morals.

Kinda sad knowing entire peoples just disappear off the face of the earth. My great grandfather was a Cossack cavalryman in WW1 that fought with the White forces during the revolution. Left after it all fell apart. I've still got some Cossack blood in me.

Seeing as the Turks came from the same area as the Scythians could you say the Turks are their closest living relatives?

Further, this is the son praising his mother. He didn't know his father probably, because he died young, and was always at work, so he didn't know his misery. He knew his mom's misery well enough, and celebrated her endurance.

Of course Cred Forums gets triggered, but I see no reason.

so you're saying the guy who dies while enduring crippling work to sustain his family had it better

>Knowing fuck all about Napoleon: The Post
You're a special kind of retard, aren't you?

Every single time in these threads there's always someone going around saying people's achievements were shit.

Just stop.

At least he didn't have to endure being 80 and seeing what society has become

>Seeing as the Turks came from the same area as the Scythians could you say the Turks are their closest living relatives?

Yes, the Turkoman language surpassed the Scythian language and the Scythian tribes East of the Caspian sea mixed wtih the Turkoman until you cannot see a difference.

If by Turks you mean Osman's boys that started the Ottoman Empire, they were from Anatolia.
If by Turks you mean Turkic people, then thats like half the people on the planet at some point. Huns, Bulgars, Magyars, Mongols, all the horse tribes that ruled what today is owned by slavs and the various *stan countries.

Why not Mieszko I then? You know, the guy that basically formed Poland and actually did something.
or Boleslaw Chrobry if it really has to be a king, the conqueror of Kiev.
or Józef Poniatowski, the only foreign Marshal of the French Empire, the guy who wrecked Austria with literally nothing?

There are tens of other more suitable characters for a leader, but none of them are female and thats somehow a problem.

I will never stop.

Because the producer is buttugly and doesn't want to look shit compared.

America has weird dichotomies.

In Britain a conservative is someone who believes in conserving things. A liberal is someone who advocates liberty.

Obviously the terms are completely ambiguous, depending on what you are conservative or liberal about.

You wot moot, i would gladly fuck the DeMedici.

Turks aren't from Anatolia. Seljuk Turk led his tribe out of Central Asia and displaced the Greeks there.

then you vote douche
fuck shillary

Never heard of any of these russian clowns. I have heard of Jadwiga though, and I own dollars. Thats why my opinion is worth more than yours.

American politics is fucking retarded.

The original Ottoman crew fighting mongols and claiming land was minority turk. Most the people were free greeks, egyptians, kurds, and so on. It was a mercenary warband raiding for the longest time, until they incidentally bit of more than they can chew, and then chewed it.

Are you seriously saying people like Catherine II and Victoria shouldn't be in?

Fuck off with your SJW boogeyman garbage.

The Ottomans weren't the only Turks in the area, either. They were one of the smaller Turkish dynasties until they weren't.

Things Scythians liked.

Pillaging the shit out of the Assyrian and Persian Empires. Getting so much gold in the process that each nobles had a least one ceremonial scale armor made of gold in which they were wearing during their eternal rest. Finding an unopened Scythian noble tomb is finding the jack pot.

Also, smoking weed everyday.

realmofhistory.com/2016/07/09/10-facts-scythians-warfare/

You forgot horses and murder

Should have spent that money on tanks and jets instead of bling

>opinion of a pole about a polish leader is worth less than a burger's opioion on her because he has dollars

Sure whatever you say man.

How the fuck were you able to hear anything about her? Even in history classes in Poland she is usually skipped or barely mentioned with:

>oh this guy didnt have a son so he pulled out one of his daughters out of his ass and made her a king, she also married this guy and started the commonwealth and got forgotten, not really important so we'll just move along

America is based on "freedom" so conservatives want to be left alone and be able to do what they want.
Liberals are people who want democracy and the people working together to achieve something. They kinda flipped it around because for Conservatives, freedom was the stuff to conserve.

Funny enough, Conservatives are the most religious and strict about rules too, even though they want Freedom. It's individual freedom but only for themselves. They were the one with slaves for example, because they had the freedom to do so.

>Telling people what they will and wont play

>How the fuck were you able to hear anything about her?

"The empty space between Berlin and Moscow is occasionally called Poland, when it isn't Russia or Germany. These Poland people speak russian, but write it in german, and once had a woman as king."

t. high education

they certainly loved life

i dont see the issue. notable Women in history were badass. they had to be most of the time

>Quill
>charismatic

wew

Cred Forums go home, you're drunk.

>Things Scythians liked.

Money, horses, alcohol, slaves, running away from battles where they aren't favored, not having a city worth conquering and thus being basically undefeatable on the defense, simply walking away from attackers,

>There are tens of other more suitable characters for a leader
Because personality and agenda is also a big factor in this game, and all the people you described seemed to have the same agenda. War

Also shooting backwards on horses.

Why is she not the leader of France? Feel Arc man.

I swear to God this isn't even about socjus anymore, it's about pretending to be socjus to Cred Forumsacks can get triggered and make endless threads on Cred Forums.

Any publicity is good publicity and all.

this game is a joke

Cred Forums is easy to trigger. Talk about women, black people or start posting interracial and they get their panties in a bunch.

download the civ mobile game and compare, art style is heavily on the mobile esthetic

Why? It look pretty great so far. Except for the Missing country of Canada.

Yeah, not getting killed is a pretty good strategy.

>Elizabeth
nigga point me to an elizabeth in that image

I'm sure that's exactly what they were thinking when they put that quote in

See, civilized people can't afford to walk away from danger, because their assets are kinda stuck to the land - buildings, farms, castles.
Nomads are hard to beat exactly because there is no objective to take or to force them to defend.

The missing eras are worrisome.

Looks like I just got #BTFO

Well memed with the disappearing Poland man, truly original.

>heard about Jadwiga
>never heard of Mieszko and Poniatowski
lies

You cant really do a Polish leader without war agenda if you dont want Mickiewicz or Chopin as leaders, maybe Stanisław Poniatowski since he gaved up befor fighting started.

Most people that watched streams of the game agree that it's good. Even people posting here.

>Canada
>Country

Canada is still ruled by England though.

>truly original
Why mess with the classics?

>lies
Nope, I've only heard of three polish leaders - the female king, the guy who died during the crusade against the Ottomans, and the guy who refused to surrender when defeated and ensured Poland is destroyed in WWII. I am also aware that one of Catherine's lovers was in charge of some part of Poland at some point, but I don't know or care about details.

Come on man. Canada would be great in Civ.

Technically, yes. Really? No. We are an independent country that is still loyal to the Queen. But we could go to war with England.

If we were ruled by England, I would not need a passport to visit England or Australia.

glad i didn't pre order that shit

Stop listening to Cred Forums memes.

Maybe the tumblrina of a director whose image has been posted several times on Cred Forums thought about socjus, but I guarantee the higher ups with the money who okayed it thought of the free publicity. Face it, Cred Forums, your bitching is only making it grow bigger.

If you don't even have the balls to throw off the bonds of servitude on paper then you aren't a country.

We do not give money to England. It's not my fault we are still connected to the Queen. All because 200 years ago, my ancestors were too drunk in Quebec City to defend it.

I don't see what Canada would bring to the table and I am Canadian. What would even be our unique unit, the Arrow? The only other unit I could think of would be improved artillery units. What about unique building? We'd be a super late game civ if we were in it.

>You cant really do a Polish leader without war agenda
That's why you got Jadwiga

>what are constitutional monarchies

>the guy who died during the crusade against the Ottomans
Ah, the "I have no sons so I will charge straight at the enemies" guy

>I am also aware that one of Catherine's lovers was in charge of some part of Poland at some point.
So you heard about Poniatowski, just the fuccboi edition one.

So is it a good game?

>le Cred Forums boogey man
>thinking you have any idea about what goes on at the higher levels of a business
wew

Canada unique unit would be the Mounty, and it can go through city states without penalties and get a bonus from it.

We could get a bonus for each city being next to a Tundra tile too.

If you don't even have the balls to throw off the bonds of servitude on paper then you aren't a country.

>Canada isn't the bitch of England, see, they are a constitutional monarchy, ruled by the English monarchy. See, not a bitch of England.

>>le Cred Forums boogey man
thanks for capitulating the point. Feels good to get validated when you're right.

>Be a coal miner
>Go and kill your lungs daily
>Go and do grueling physical work daily
>Work in a mine that could collapse on top of you and either crush you to death or cut off any exit you have so that you're there until you starve and suffocate

>B-But his wife has to watch him doing all of that she has it hard too!

why are women so fucking dumb

What a disaster.

Why the fuck would you use an out of context quote from a singer from the 1900s for technology typically researched 4000-3000 BC? God damn.

stop coming then tumblr faggot.

Seriously go look up what it means. All European countries that aren't republics use this form of government.

Lol who am I kidding, Americans can't read.

We are not ruled by the english monarchy. Hell, England is not even ruled by the Monarchy. The only thing the queen can do is have a vote from time to time.

You're right, they should use a quote from 4000BC instead.

>Ah, the "I have no sons so I will charge straight at the enemies" guy

God wills it. He probably thought the lord will give him a son if he makes the pilgrimage or something.

You are constitutional monarch. Guess what monarchy.

You find a quote from 4000-3000 BC that's related to mining, and hasn't been used in previous civ games.

Arent you the one triggered by a game you never played? Stop being a sheep and follow "clans". Been on Cred Forums 9 years now.

Listening to Anti SJW memes is really fucking stupid.

You can go far before the 1900s to find quotes about mining.

Are they so ignorant that they just grab quotes from singers? And quotes which are taken out of context?

i preffer to listen anti SJW memes to listen faggots of tumblr like you now fuck off and never come faggot.

>"I-I couldn't possibly just be assuming that everyone I don't agree with was from Cred Forums"

Too bad. We're here to stay :^)

Nigger, at this point Cred Forums is a catch-all term for "muh sjws are killing muh games" memers.

In that sense you are Cred Forums even if you have never posted on or read Cred Forums.

Well, you can if you try. Casimir the Great or Stanisław Poniatowski like I said, maybe Władysław Łokietek.

You can guess how that worked out.
Effectively ended a personal union with Hungary and left us only with Lithuania.
The partitions might have not even happened if he wasn't an idiot.
Funny how they carried his head all across the Ottoman Empire in sign of triumph.

“Here, are the stiffening hills, here, the rich cargo
Congealed in the dark arteries,
Old veins
That hold Glamorgan's blood.
The midnight miner in the secret seams,
Limb, life, and bread.”
― Mervyn Peake, Collected Poems

“Mining is the art of exploiting mineral deposits at a profit. An unprofitable mine is fit only for the sepulcher of a dead mule.”
― T.A. Rickard

2 seconds in google.

The constitution is something pretty much meaningless that is so hard to change that we cant really do it.

Dude, have you even visited Tumblr once? They have the same thing Cred Forums have. You do know that Cred Forums has a whole board about Gay people and about Ponies right?

You are not new enough to not know that, right?

Stop acting like a tribal douche. Nobody care what website you visit. We care that you dont listen to some anonymous guy without proofs and base your opinions on him because he told you so.

Stop being a sheep.

Looking quite dark of complexion as well for being a Macedonian inbred.

You had Casimir for Civ 5, as for Stanisław do you really want the guy who is blamed for the destruction of Poland to represent Poland?

What is the problem with that quote? It's pretty misogynist quote too "It's miserable to be a miner's wife because the husband does not make a lot of money, is always angry, diseased, die early, and dirty as hell."

That explains a lot