Discuss

discuss

Fun

I keep getting lost

....and Undertale ripoff?

That's the best part.

yah

What are some good feats for a sniper build?

So okay, I try to be patient and all, but how the fuck does it take months to create a single piece of concept art?

Best cRPG since MotB

only one artist
and he's incompetent

Concept art is not done by their usual artist though. Much like with the title screen and the portraits, Styg pays an actual professional artist for it. And you know, if I commissioned an artist for the bullshit rates they like to charge, I'd expect them to deliver in a reasonable timeframe. I mean, it's not like Styg asked them to paint the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.

It's okay.

How is crafting? I didn't take any of the skills

Buying things is for chumps, you can usually make things of higher quality than you could ever buy. It's worth investing points in to get better guns at any rate.

Probably one of the better RPG's to come out this decade. It's by no means perfect and in my opinion it kind of fell apart towards the end but hopefully there will be a sequel. Also, a noticeable lack of shotguns bothered me.

Is it better than NEO Scavanger?

It's like Fallout 1 and STALKER had a baby. It's a full on RPG too, not a rogue-like.

Incredibly good, although it only truly pays off later in the game when crafted equipment will visibly outclass non-crafted end game gear. The good news is that you can stop leveling crafting skills fairly early (~150 is about the highest you need to go, and only for some skills) to get maximum benefits, so you have plenty of freedom to decide when to start allocating points to it. Personally I rarely invest in them early in the game. Some Tailoring to get some Depot A armor, but that's it.

It's not like either of those games. It's like isometric single character Wizardry 7

One of the better RPGs in the last few years,definitely worth atleast one playthrough,i had a ton of fun with it

Everyone sees it differently. I've seen people call it isometric Might and Magic, isometric Metro, isometric STALKER, etc.

To me it's isometric Deus Ex.

My favorite single player game from 2015

It felt like metro 2033 and fallout 1 with a little bit of stalker mixed in.

Great game although the last section was a bit tedious. what did you guys think of ending?

is this game cyberpunk with more punk and less cyber?

Complete garbage with a shit interface

Incredibly low standards

Which would you suggest taking? I was thinking Mechanics as I use both guns and traps

-_-

Sort of. Technically it's post-cyberpunk, since the great cyberpunk Megacorp went the way of the dodo only a few decades ago.

Actually it's only post-apocalyptic in the loosest of sense as well, since a very long time has passed since whatever caused humanity to abandon the surface and it's not really something people in general think about anymore. The setting is actually post-war, hence the poverty, gangs, and hobos everywhere.

I loved it. Reminds me of STALKER and some Fallout. It can be frustrating sometimes (like Depot A and the whole Deep Caverns), but I can deal with that. It had a whole lot of memorable maps for which I'm a sucker.

I played a stealth sniper character and it was challenging but ultimately fun. Also stealth is a must for the later parts of the game (Deep Caverns) and try not to piss off the Faceless.

Fun game, I'm 71 hours in with my first playthrough, most of that time is spent in being lost in some caves and caverns that keep splitting and splitting further and further you go.
Quests are interesting, combat is varied enough to be interesting and I unironically like the artstyle. Being able to craft majority of the things in game is a very nice thing.

Currently rocking with 7,62 Falchion pistol with extended mag and rapid reloader with shrapnel ammo and Steyr Auch as my big gun with tons of different grenades on my side.

>stealth is a must for the later parts of the game (Deep Caverns)

Jesus Christ, no. Don't give them the only advice that can genuinely turn DC into hell on earth.

I had no difficulty with the stealth approach and navigating through a room filled with Plasma Sentries without being spotted was satisfying as fuck.
And if someone actually spotted me I could dispose that easily with Snipe and my AWP.

>increases your ability to discover secrets
>not great
oh

Dropped it at the abyss or whatever the fuck the place was called, after the elevator ride.
Fucking ridiculously huge difficulty spike and constantly respawning enemies made it unplayable. Really disappointed.

There are some parts when stealth can help, but it is by no means necessary. For example Arke doesn't have nearly enough enemies to force a no-stealth combat build to change approaches. But have you ever tried entering a vent in Arke?

Stealth is recommended in two instances, in the Labyrinth, but that can be done with some mid-tier stealth gear like Rathound King regalia, and strongly recommended if you fucked up with the Faceless.

Otherwise DC punishes stealth more often than it rewards it.

That's a good thing.

>and constantly respawning enemies
Stop. Fucking. Stealthing. Deep. Caverns.

>head into a cave
>get lost
>wander around
>suddenly find myself at a far away city in relatively short time

if only I could remember how all those shortcuts worked

Aimed Shot, Snipe, Sharpshooter and Critical Power are all a must for a sniper.

Sprint, Interloper, Escape Artist, Quick Tinkering are good picks as well. Anything that improves your mobility is useful.

Amush is great if you get your stealth skill high enough to have a 100% crit chance. It sometimes doesn't work though.

Everything else will mostly depend on what kind of sidearm you want to use (pistol, SMG or AR). I tend to go with pistols because since the last update the Gunslinger feat gives a sweet +7 initiative bonus when wielding a pistol. Pair that with +5 initiative from paranoia and you get a build that acts first no matter what happens.

>not drawing a map as you explore

Freelancers, probably.

Recent post from Styg on RPGCodex:

>We'll announce it sometime during the following month.

It's great. Crafted gear is always better than anything you can find, with some very rare exceptions.

what are your favorite games, mr elitist prick?

do note that if you go for a stealth sniper build, 5mm pistols and smg's are the only weapons that can be silenced

I wouldn't recommend an AR as side weapon: the (custom build only) Spearhead sniper line is pretty decent even in close combat situations and with a rapid reloader it gets an AP cost of 24 which allows for 2 shots under all circumstances

thanks familiams

>although it only truly pays off later in the game
Not true.

Early on, crafting allows you to get certain weapons faster if you are lucky with components (like getting a sniper rifle before GMS for example).

It also allows you to use specific enhancements (and their combinations) or frames that you can't find in shoops or as loot (anatomically aware scopes, scopes and bipods, chimera ARs etc.)

Love it.

shotguns have been confirmed as an xpac feature

>inb4 shit range and shit spread

given there's currently not a single weapon ingame that's actually useless I doubt it

I'm going to assume they'll be the gun equivalent of a sledgehammer build with lots of damage and armor penetration

Anyone have any advice for the scientist build? Every time I try to do it I struggle with the first depot encounters. My crafted energy weapons just aren't that good even with practical physicist. Maybe I should drop stealth entirely for that build.

if only you had a brain

Okay, I will try to explain this as simply as possible.

You step into Deep Caverns. See that debuff? The one that constantly decreases your abilities?

That is the final boss tracing you. It doesn't know where you are.

Once it turns into the Eye of Sauron, it means it finally pinpointed your location. And it will begin sending enemies after you in unlimited numbers.

So what can you do? You do not let it find you. You keep moving quickly, and make sure to stop in areas where it can't see you every so often until the debuff runs out.

This way you will never encounter those enemies and will be running around on mostly empty maps.

That's it. Whew, that sure was hard.

needs a more indepth story

no

What level will I get to on oddity?

It's more in-depth than most RPGs out there sans the truly storyfag ones.

The level cap is 25. You are most likely to enter the final zone at level 21~23, and hit the cap down there.

>do note that if you go for a stealth sniper build, 5mm pistols and smg's are the only weapons that can be silenced
You need some feats to make the viable though, on their own they deal so little damage it's virtualyl impossible to kill anyone with them. Expertise, rapid fire, point shot, opportunist, execute, special ammo, that kind of thing.

>I wouldn't recommend an AR as side weapon
Me neither, but it's actually pretty strong. ARs are going to deal a lot more damage up close with burst.

>Spearhead sniper line is pretty decent even in close combat situations and with a rapid reloader it gets an AP cost of 24 which allows for 2 shots under all circumstances
Yeah, and with barrel retractor they have only -12% close combat penalty, on par with crosbows.

But before you can craft a spearhead, shooting a sniper rifle from up close or without focus is a bad idea.

>My crafted energy weapons just aren't that good even with practical physicist
Try to make an amplfied plasma pistol, they have ridiculously high +crit damage. You should be able to one shot most enemies with aimed shot.

Take point shot feat, too.

>shotguns
>armor penetration

would be nice if you could pick between slugs/birdshot/buckshot/junk loads

Not him, but from what I remember it was more like a tease than an actual confirmation. Something like "we didn't have shotguns because the spritework would have been too demanding, but recently another artist joined us, so..."

Is there a point where I should stop levelling skills like pickpocket, stealth, evasion dodge and guns

>pickpocket
I know this one is almost always good to because it scale linearly

Mfw doing Kenshiro build, and beating enemies to death with my barefists or pneumatic gloves.

which one
str based
dex based
or punch-psy

>pickpocket
Yes, but I don't remember the highest check.
>stealth
Depends. At around 300 almost nothing will detect you anymore. This can partially come from equipment.
>evasion
Nah, keep pumping it if it's your primary defense.
>evasion
Kind of, although in my experience unlocking the uncanny dodge feat is pretty much all you need.
>guns
No. Keep pumping it.

>pickpocket
100 is enough for most NPCs, 120-150 should be enough to pickpocket anyone.

>stealth
Depends.

You can do fine with like 100 if you keep your distance from enemies, but if you want to pull some harder stuff off (like pickpocketing enemies or stealing something right in front of their faces) you will need to max it and wear some gear with +stealth.

If you want to use Snipe or Ambush feats, it's best ot max it or get at least 200.

>evasion dodge
Max it. Those skills are "go big or go home" kind of deal. If you can't get 200+ effective dodge/evasion then they are hardly worth the effort and skill points.

>guns
No, you should always have your main weapon skill as high as possible. 80-100 in throwing is enough though.

>got quick tinkering
>traps are absurdly overpowered now
Jesus why are traps so based?

Qucik Tinkering is probably the most OP feat in the whole game. It should have a long cooldown.

stealth matters a lot because a few feats depend on your stealth skill for damage boosts

>It should have a long cooldown.
Exactly what I thought. Like I got it and didn't really read the cool down. I used it in a fight and was like "ok this is a cool OH SHIT button I can use to slow down a group or bottle them through a door". Then I realized I could use it every two turns and that's when I started carrying 20 poison bear traps.

Overrated garbage.

Why not just play fallout instead of a shittier version of fallout?

>Ninja looter
>Snooping
I feel like I probably shouldn't have taken these

crawler poison is so damn fantastic

discovering the miracle that is crawler poison caltrops made the game so much easier

Eh, you probably shouldn't have, but they are alright. Unless you care about minmaxing your build will survive a few not so good picks.

I though only Snipe and Ambush have benefits that scale directly with your stealth skill?

Ambush gives a 20% + stealth*0,3% crit chance bonus when shooting an illuminated target from darkness. If we assume the basecrit chance is 0%, you will need exactly 267 stealth to have 100% crit chance.

Snipe deals 225% base damage plus 1% for each stealth point. Realistically pretty much everything will be dead in one shot at around 400%, so 175 stealth is enough, but you can get it higher if you want to be safe.

Styg. Styg, I want this. I need this. Why would you deny me my drug. Styg. Please.

I love it

snipe boosts are useful if you're using a low power double shot sniper like a spearhead model since it can sometimes fail to kill heavily armored targets

and course, oneshotting a certain giant eyeball requires a lot of investment

Ninja looter is fantastic, you just need to have really high stealth to use it right.

>see a group of enemies
>one of them has a crossbow
>steal all his bolts
>equips a knife instead and can't do shit with it
You can also steal bullets fron enemies with guns, they will be limited to one magazine only and won't be able to do shit after.

>snipe boosts are useful if you're using a low power double shot sniper like a spearhead model since it can sometimes fail to kill heavily armored targets
In my experience spearheads have just enough damage to one shot pretty much everything (except for 3 certain creatures) even with only 100 stealth.

I guess max stelath would be useful when using a Dragunov though, its base damage is quite low.

>and course, oneshotting a certain giant eyeball requires a lot of investment
Don't need snipe for that. Smart Reaper with smart goggles is enough.

Because it's not actually like Fallout and has much better gameplay and exploration. Even Tim Cain loves underrail.

We don't know that for sure. Who knows, maybe he just lurks the Underrail forum for shits and giggles.

>best drug
>implying
Who needs 10 CON for Thick Skull feat when 80 biology is superior.

yeh but lets face it: nobody uses the dragunov because custom snipers are so much better

great game.
absolutely amazing build diversity.
i dont mind one bit that it does not have a map.
every dialog clearly tells you where to go and there are signs everywhere.
the only thing i miss is mod support.
i really hope we get an underrail 2.

I can see 2 scenarios where Dragunov is actually useful:

1. You just got to Rail Crossing and didn't found spearhead frame and a rapid realader yet

2. Challenge no crafting run

>wasting 80 points into biology for a drug that doesn't even remove stun

>wasting 25% HP for a feat with 15 turns of cooldown

I'd rather take drugs than an AIDS-inducing pill.

why would you ever want those things on a sniper rifle, just carry an AR as secondary and thats all the close range you will ever need

you are much better focusing on crit damage and ability damage on snipers (also on the AR, a reaper frame with crit and ability damage + burst from the shadows on an illuminated group of targets feels like cheating)

Eh, psi-AIDS is not that bad. You'll be fine. Just look at Ezra.

>why would you ever want those things on a sniper rifle
Because a rapid spearhead takes only 24 AP to shoot, meaning you can shoot twice every round. Even Dragunov with its low base damage is able to one shot most enemies when you find it, so it's preferable over being able to kill only one enemy with regualr sniper rifles.

>just carry an AR as secondary and thats all the close range you will ever need
I'd rather stick to pistols for Kneecap Shot and +7 Initiative.

>you are much better focusing on crit damage
Spearheads get up to 300%, that's only 61% less than a Reaper with twice the rate of fire and only minor close combat/move penalites.

>ability damage
Special ability damage is pointless on sniper rifles unless you want to one shot Tchort. 4x damage from crits or snipe is enough to kill pretty much everything, ability damage on top of that is overkill.

Smart modules are kinda useful in the beginning when your crit damage and stealth are not that high yey, but they quickly become redundant.

>also on the AR, a reaper frame with crit and ability damage + burst from the shadows on an illuminated group of targets feels like cheating
If you can make use of Ambush feat, Rapid Spearhead will be able to kill two enemies without using any abilites and save Aimed Shot for later when Ambush is no longer possible.

Also, how exactly do you manage a shot from Reaper and a burst in one turn? Possible with adrenaline, but if we are talking adrenaline, a rapid spearhead can:

1. Kill 2 enemies that do not qualify for ambush with Aimed Shot and Snipe for 48 AP

2. Throw a flashbang at enemies who do qualify for ambush for 15 AP

3. Be able to get up to 4 guaranteed one-shot crits in the next 2 turns

Why do we assume that Six is a Godman when he flat out tells you he is not?

He only says that Godmen is not a proper term

Mechanics and Electronics is what you need for guns and energy shields. I never bothered with the other stuff.
Also, rate my SMG murderer build.

No, he tells you that he doesn't know what that is. On the other hand he knows what High One is, and he tells you he is not one.

Mechanics for pretty much all conventional weapons and armors (yes, even leather armors, later on you will be able to make leathers infused with metal)

Electronics for energy weapons, energy shields, and a variety of extremaly useful gadgets that anyone can benefit from (night vision goggles, tasers, cloaking devices etc.)

Biology for a variety of extremaly powerful drugs that give bonuses like increased crit chance, damage reduction with no drawbacks, immunity to stuns, increased psi crit damage, increased psi regen, health regen, bonus to movement speed etc.

Also fro psi headbands and, vests that regenarate health a poisons.

Chemistry for powerful explosives, be it grenades or mines, or for chemical pistols/traps that can freeze targets, set them on fire or entagle them with acid.

Tailoring for pretty much all armors if you want to have benfits like inceased health or additional damage resistances and required for leather armors.

Dodge is kinda low, you are not getting much benefit from it.

Unless you only care about Uncanny Dodge feat, then it's too high.

Throwing is low, I would get it to at least 80 effective skill so you can throw at short ranges without worrying about hitting yourself.

But it's pretty good overall.

sorry, i meant chimera not reaper, a burst from a chimera will obliterate any pack of enemies you come across with ambush + critical power

you use that for packs and a sniper for single damage, why would i want two shots of the sniper rifle and risk not killing the target with the first shot (the more damage it does the more time you can spend without crafting a new rifle thus making it last longer)

if there are more than two enemies i would always prefer using a burst from a chimera rather than two shots from a sniper

and pistols suck by the way i dont see any reason to take them instead of an AR when the only thing you need for them is a miserable point in STR (you need 7 for AR and you already have 6 for snipers)

So is it just you have to take the 25% hp hit if you ever want to use psi?

The explanation it gives is vague.

Yes. In-universe it is not the only way, but from a gameplay point of view you have to take the pill.

It was something Styg added late in the alpha, because psi was just too good with no downsides whatsoever.

>a burst from a chimera will obliterate any pack of enemies you come across with ambush + critical power
Unlikely a single burst will reliably kill 3 or even 2 enemies and if it does those enemies were pushovers. It might have problems with even one enemy at longer range if that enemy wears heavy armor.

Rapid Spearhead will reliably kill 2 enemies and is virtually assured to kill at least one, all regardless of range.

>you use that for packs and a sniper for single damage
You are not going to kill "packs" with an single AR burst unless it's a pack of rathounds.

>why would i want two shots of the sniper rifle
To reliably kill 2 targets in the first turn regardless of their armor of HP?

>and risk not killing the target
You are risking way more by bursting with an AR.

With 2 sniper shots, it's virtually impossible to not kill at least one target (assuming the hit chance is 95%, you have 99,9975% chance to hit at least once, and hittng once is enough to kill pretty much everything)

>(the more damage it does the more time you can spend without crafting a new rifle thus making it last longer)
How is that an issue in any way? Again, spearhead with 300% crit damage and snipe is more than enough to one shot everything short of 3 creatures in the whole game. You don't need that damage, it's useless overkill.

>there are more than two enemies i would always prefer using a burst from a chimera rather than two shots from a sniper
Maybe if it's 3 rathounds. Good luck reliably killing even 2 strong enemies with a single burst, especially if they are tanky.

>and pistols suck by the way
Confirmed for never palying a pistol build.

>i dont see any reason to take them instead of an AR
Kneecap Shot is an excellent ability, especially against melee enemies.

cont.

+7 initiative is a great bonus for those moments when you fuck up your stealth approach. Not nearly as useful if you savescum, but I don't.

Pistols have no close combat/move penalties whatsoever. Couple that with +5% hit chance Neo Luger has and 10% from laser sight and you got 20% more than ARs when moving. This was crucial when fighting Carnifex on my no-death run.

>when the only thing you need for them is a miserable point in STR (you need 7 for AR and you already have 6 for snipers)
More like you need 6 for most ARs and 5 for snipers.

Makes me feel stupid for spamming Cred Forums about wanting an old school RPG all these years.
I got a few in a row, and I didn't like any of them.

I guess it was nostalgia after all.

25% hp reduction is lazy imo. The amount of skill and stat investments does enough to hinder your character.

The problem is that without the malus there was absolutely no reason not to take psi and make a hybrid. Some spells are just too good even if you never seriously put any points into psi skills. So it wasn't really done to nerf the psi build, but to encourage specialization.

>weeb
>retarded
fitting

Great game
>balanced specialized builds
>punishes you for making a jack of all trades type character
>good difficulty and progression
>good length, some (casualshits) might say too long
>lots of content
>interesting lore

All in all it's a gem

>tfw I liked the last spoiler even before it was tweaked
I don't get what's the problem. It's basically like any other dungeon in the game, only on a much bigger scle and much harder.

inb4 respawning enemies
As long as you avoid taking 20 stacks of the debuff you don't need to fight a single tchortling, hell you won't even SEE a single tchortling.

In Mushroom Forest the only respawning enemies are turrets wihch are stationary. It's easy to kill them a move forward to break the line of sight before they respawn.

In Arke, sentry bots respawn pretty slowly and are easy to avoid with stealth.

Burrowers don't respawn anymore.

Faceless Gaunts are pretty much crawlers 2.0, but it was your decision to be hostile towards them.

MY GAME FUCKING CRASHED IN THE GAUNLET. I AM STUCK IN THIS SHITHOLE

DROPPED

That rating is representative of my very first playthrough. When I played it those Burrowers still respawned, and although I realized after the first few times how the debuff worked, at that point you had to sit around for minutes for it to expire. And let me tell you, that was incredibly annoying. Since that timer got patched, I am perfectly fine with Deep Caverns. Actually, it makes me genuinely sad that Styg will never do something like it again thanks to all the bitching. That timer made it genuinely unbearable, but that was the only serious issue the place had. As a dungeon it is wonderfully designed and it is clear there was a lot of love put into it.

You only had one save with autosave disabled? If so I am speechless.

Loved the atmosphere of that place. It made me feel things I haven't felt in years.

YES. I SPENT FUCKING HOURS TRYING TO BE THE INVTUS OF THE AREA FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK, I THOUGHT GAUNLET WOULD BE EASY

DROPPED FUCKING DROPPED FUCK

>CRASHED
As in actually crashed, or you simply took your sweet time in a fucking death run?

ACTUAL CRASH

I AM SO FUCKING MAD

Shitty tumblr meme game

Alright, calm down. It was incredibly stupid of you, but what's done is done. Use the Cheat Engine, edit your stats, beat the Gauntlet, then change your stats back.

And then start saving in a less degenerate way.

>full psi build with 9 constitution and a few points in throwing for different grenades
Find a funnier build to play with.

Isn't this that game where every companion is a huge faggot, literally?

>It made me feel things I haven't felt in years.
As in?
Those black and white floor tiles gave me nostalgia. It's such a small thing, but I loved it.

No, that's Bastard Bonds. This game is solo, no companions.

The abandoned facilities, the sounds, piecing together the story of the downfall.

You could try posting your save file on the offical forums in the Bugs section, maybe one of the devs will fix it.

why can't all indie devs be like him

It isn't really a bug though. It's not like he is stuck in the Gauntlet because the game crashed. He is stuck there because he entered the Gauntlet and has no other save file. Even if the game didn't crash he would be still stuck in the Gauntlet.

He said the game actually crashed, not that he ran out of time. Maybe he gets a transition failure somewhere.

>polski
Good of you to support a fellow slav. How was the game received there? Did it get any attention by the community?

true enough, I don't really get why you'd enter that place without saving beforehand, the ingame dialog makes it abundantly clear there's a good chance of you dying inthere

first time I ran it I got fucked over hard by another contestant having all the keys and me being stuck for a few turns on the burrowers

I don't think so. That is, it is possible that he got a transition failure, but since he didn't have autosave on transition turned on, it couldn't have fucked with his save. He had to save manually inside the Gauntlet for this to happen.

>How was the game received there?
Most of the reviews/opinions I've seen are positive.

>Did it get any attention by the community?
Not that much, but it might be because most people who know about it discuss it on the official forum. It's not like the game has any translations after all.

also even if you don't auto-save on transition doesn't the game automatically make backup saves at certain moments including all the arena fights?
couldn't he reload those?

I don't think there is an auto save before Gautlet.

Shotguns were hard to balance apparently so they scrapped it

no but the backup saves before an arena fight could allow him to not lose ALL progress

Yeah, that's also true. The game makes a save before Arena fights, Gauntlet runs, raiding the Black Crawlers, entering the elevator, and at the start of the final boss fight. But all of these saves happen after you enter that area, so a Gauntlet save like that would still put him back at the beginning of the Gauntlet, no way out.

No, it's not the reason at all.

Styg just didn't think of them at the beginning of the devrlopment and it would be too mch work to implement them later (add the to shop lists, add them as loot, redesign encounters to include enemies with them, sprites, AI, etc.)

gauntlet does randomize every time you reload so you could in theory savescum until you hit easy challenges (aka not that fucking burrower room)

No idea, maybe he deleted them. He's crazy enough to not have multiple saves in indie old school cRPG.

Burrower room is easy enough if you have stealth.

The rooling doors labyrinth is a time-wasting bitch no matter what though.

>It's not like the game has any translations after all.

Fair enough. It always surprises me how much this seems to affect general interest in a game. I had more or less the same experience in my country, with the exception that here the game received no attention whatsoever by the community. I'm not even sure they are aware of its existence.

you clearly havent tried an AR burst with a chimera frame on a sniper build

with ambush (you can even force ambush with a flare) you will kill even faceless with a single burst (in my last playthrough each bullet from the burst was doing between 300 - 400 dmg on crit which was pretty much every shot) and if you shoot a burst against several targets no matter the aim you have you are likely to hit several if not all of them leaving you with enough movement to hide afterwards

>play heavy metal armor assault rifle tank
>hits barely damage me
>assault rifle melts everything
too easy

not really, you can't arm the tnt while stealthed and if any of the little runts bumps into you they destealth you
its a royal pita all the time

with the right sniper build you can shoot 3 times in a turn
that's more than enough to take out the enemies with ranged weapons far enough away the melee ones wont reach you

Fire was my friend there.

what do i need for a riot police build?

I realized that if I wanted to see the game in my language I'd have to do the translation myself. The community is very supportive and I got a lot of help.

enjoy the lunatics hideout

>you clearly havent tried an AR burst with a chimera frame on a sniper build
I did, I even made a dedicated designed marksman build where all I used was a chimera AR with Amush and stacking crit damage.

>with ambush (you can even force ambush with a flare)
Making enemies qualify for Ambush is unreliable. I tested it several times and often it's not enough if they stand right next to it, sometimes they need to stand *on* it, so you need to lure them on it, which is incredibly hard to pull off.

I mean yeah if you savescum like crazy it iwll work every time, but so will anything.

Not to mention, rapid spearhead will benefit from ambush as well, arguably even more.

>you will kill even faceless with a single burst
Wow, you are telling me you can kill a single faceless with 36 AP in perfect conditions? That's truly amazing.

Almost as amazing as killing 2 of them in a sinlgle turn no matter what.

>(in my last playthrough each bullet from the burst was doing between 300 - 400 dmg on crit
Yeah, that's about how much I was doing as well.

Which is more than enough to kill one enemy, but not enough to kill others hit by one or two stray bullets.

Tell me, how many Burrower Warriors were you able to kill in one turn? I'm pretty sure than number is lower than 2.

> which was pretty much every shot
I'm calling bullshit on that. Ambush is situational and there is no way to stack crit chance beyond around 50% without sacrificing special attack bonus.

>and if you shoot a burst against several targets no matter the aim you have you are likely to hit several if not all of them leaving you with enough movement to hide afterwards
Yeah, and all of them will be still alive because they were hit by one or two stray bullets.

Isn't the game a bitch to translate though? By which I mean I think only HEX translation is possible, and that's the one thing you seriously don't want to do as a translator.

But out of curiosity, what language?

Can't wait for more content.

Same here. And I really hope it isn't North Underrail.

This looks crazy similar to that zombie survival game that got stuck in development hell awhile back.
Same engine?

Nope, not possible. Styg wrote his own engine from a scratch.

Just saying they look similar.

>It always surprises me how much this seems to affect general interest in a game
Well, most people from non-english countries don't speak english. Go figure.

I mean, it definitely pays off a lot to know English, but for some reason most people don't really bother.

300 - 400 damage per hit as in per bullet on the burst on a AR with components between 60 - 80 quality
this will kill almost all faceless in a group leaving you with enough AP to even throw a granade or do some other action aswell (without using adrenaline or sprint)

and i dont see how can you have a hard time forcing ambush you either throw a flare that does not draw aggro if you do it right or you throw a molotov that is most likely to fear the enemies aswell as adding the ambush bonus

the only times when you cant get the ambush bonus is when you are in an area that has no shadow (there are very few of them)

i still prefer to have my dedicated Sniper that can one shot carnifex rather than having a spearhead that can fire twice

Russian. It is a bitch to translate. Lots of hardcoded stuff and the writing itself isn't exactly stellar. Thankfully I'm not alone in this.

all i want is a non archaic as fuck crpg in a cyberpunk world

archaic is a literal buzzword
none of these recent cyberpunk games have been archaic in any sense

>this will kill almost all faceless in a group
Yeah, I can see all those centuars dying from a stray 300 damage bullet.

> leaving you with enough AP to even throw a granade or do some other action aswell (without using adrenaline or sprint)
Same as with Spearhead.

>
and i dont see how can you have a hard time forcing ambush you either throw a flare that does not draw aggro if you do it right
Flares don't work 100% of the time, I already said that. Maybe if you savescum.

> or you throw a molotov that is most likely to fear the enemies aswell as adding the ambush bonus
Yeah, molotovs work pretty much always.

>the only times when you cant get the ambush bonus is when you are in an area that has no shadow (there are very few of them)
Quite a few, and throwing a molotov just to get the ambush bonus could be used to throw something more useful, like a flashbang.

>i still prefer to have my dedicated Sniper that can one shot carnifex rather than having a spearhead that can fire twice
Spearhead can one shot Carnifex twice.

spearheads can onehit carnifex easily
and you carry multiple snipers for various purposes obviously

Good luck, mate. The Hungarian fantranslator community labeled it untranslatable (which includes the "too much trouble to be worth it" category, which this game falls into) and that was the end of it. It's not easy to gather a team for a niche project that has its text all over the place, half of it in the goddamn .exe.

im not referring to these games as archaic, these games are pretty well modern for crpg standards

im referring to something like the original Syndicate

>i still prefer to have my dedicated Sniper that can one shot carnifex

>fight starts
>you lose initiative because low AGI/DEX since ARs don't need it and no +7 bonus from Gunslinger
>die

>fight starts
>you win the initative roll after savescumming for 5 minutes
>60% hit chance because Carnifex has insane evasion
>miss
>die

>savescum for another few minutes
>s-so strong

what kind of sniper doesn't have 10 agi for movement and getting those 20 extra action points

The one that would rather start with 10 PER and hit things.

And if you start with both 10 AGI and 10 PER, your DEX will be at most likely at 3.

3+10+5=18 Initiative. Carnifex has 29. Look, you have a whooping 2.(6)% chance to act first!

>on my way back SGS to put my stuff I will never use in storage
>run into this guy

Blitz is overrated.

Can't be used out of stealth since you don't have any MPs, and snipers should always open up out of stealth with Snipe.

Losing 60 movement points in the middle of combat is cripples your mobility.

10 AGI is a lot of investment.

Overall it's very situational.

Jackrabbit, Impala, Jaguar or Steel Cat?

I put all my stuff in a barrel next to him. It's a very big barrel.

Jaguar.

>implying i don't have gunslinger
>implying i don't have 9 dex and 10 agility
>implying i'm not always walking with my pistol out in case i get jumped

Dex based with enough strength for the perks.

>no paranoia for another +5 bonus
Anyone saying pistol builds suck clearly never felt the pleasure of starting first in literally every fight no matter the circumstances and without having to start out of stealth with 0 MPs.

>clearing Fort Apongee
>just going out of the map whenever I'm low on health
>tfw that -10 initiative penalty for running aways can suck my dick, I have 40+ anyways
>tfw no face

there's a feat that allows you to gain a sufficient amount of movement points during stealth to reach 20 AP if you pop sprint once you come out of stealth

Maximum number of bullets fired in Underrail in a single turn
Weapon: 5mm Muzzled Rapid Jaguar SMG(8ap per shot baseline, 7 bullets per burst, 30 bullet magazine)
Further Equipment: Bullet Strap Belt (4ap reloading cost)
Consumable: Adrenaline (20 additional AP)
High Dexterity reduces ap per shot to 4
Feats
Blitz (20 additional AP)
Full Auto (2 extra burst round for 9 total)
Spec Ops (SMG burst lowered to 200% for 8ap per burst)
Commando (free burst upon killing)
optional: Expertise (25 extra damage + 5-10 from shock bullets
given the number of bullets we're firing, it matters)

we have 90ap in total, 8 ap per burst, 3 bursts before reloading
3 bursts for 27 bullets = 24 ap
reload = 28 ap
this can be done 3 times for 81 bullets fired
substitute one of the reloads by switching to an equivalent weapon to save 4 ap
at this point we have 10ap left and a full magazine
1 additional burst for 90 bullets and cash in our free burst for 99 bullets in a single turn

and at this point we have 2ap left which is just enough to fire a single shot using point shot

For exactly 100 bullets fired in a single turn

assuming 10 damage per shot minimum
that's 4000 damage in a single turn minimum
maximum would be around 5500 to 6000

That's a lot of lead

You mean interloper? It allows you to retain 15 MPs.

With sprint that's 45, so you will get only 15 AP.

Which is not bad either but I think it's overrated- 45 MPs is a lot of travel.

Don't get me wrong it's pretty useful and strong, but it's not that strong. In most cases I would rather gain more distance, especially as a sniper.

hit and run my dude

has anyone got a video of tchort_________________ getting turned into swiss cheese? because i really want to see that now

Hit and run resets to 25, with sprint it's 55. That's still only 18.

Also, hit and run is not that useful for a sniper because of move penalties. Ideally you want to shoot all your shots first, then move and end your turn.

So you end up investing lots of points to get 10 AGI and two feats. That's a big investment.

Protip for mobile builds who want good protection against strong attacks (like sniper Aimed Shot) but want to keep their armor penalty low.

Use nanocomposite tac vest. This shit is crazy good. I did a few test and the damage reduction from plate is added multiplicatively to the armor damage resistance, so pic realted has fucking 61% resistance at only 25% armor penalty, just 10% with Nimble.

It's made from 120+ parts though, but you still should be able to squeeze at least 50% mid game.

Couple that with sturdy vest for bonus health and high freq energy shield with 100-200 threshold against very high speed projectiles and even and even 3 CON glass cannons can survive getting hit by snipers snipers.

>SGS auto trade uses coins over credits
FOR
WHAT
PURPOSE

No longer the case, it was a bug.

They know their shitty currency is a scam and they want your sweet charons.

Underrail is the best thing to happen to CRPGs in a long time. And that says a lot about current state of the genre.

avatarfagging is a bannable offense, judesposter

no it isn't ;)

bump