Want to play some Terraria

>Want to play some Terraria
>End up after reaching lowest level, since entering hardmode would require me to perform virtual sacrifice of one NPC to summon horrible monster, evil incarnate

Why devs did it that way?

Or Terraria was supposed to be occult game?

You can get NPCs back without much difficulty.

The big issue is how the game goes from normal progression to a gigantic bubble where you can do whatever you want, then a really linear path to reach the middle of hardmode, then a bubble, then another linear path to get to end of hardmode which is a bubble.

The progression is basically a joke, you don't really "progress" at all, you just fuck around in your circle, beat a boss, THEN you progress rapidly and exponentially.

t. starcraft dev

>starcraft
what?

>You can get NPCs back without much difficulty.

Still, devs want me to kill NPC to summon monster.

Throw voodoo doll into lava, making poor Guide on the surface die in extremely painful way, burning and melting alive, to summon some abomination made of flesh and teeth.

Im surprised no news station didnt picked that up yet.

>To go into hardmode you have to fuck your world up
>Goes from a comfy building sim to stressful time attack

Terraria 2 had better have portals instead of this shit. I want to be a simple fisherman, god damn it.

The death is completely offscreen. There isn't anything for a news station to bitch about.

It's supposed to be an in-joke.

To anyone who has played the game or uses the wiki, the guide is a useless NPC who takes up a room that could be occupied by actually useful NPCs. Some players would lure monsters to him and kill him on purpose, so they decided to make killing him part of the game.

neck yourself pansy

>expecting hardmode to be comfy

I see, i thought the game was a bit on the macabre side. There are so many eldritch horrors and shit

He is not useless. He helped me get into game, provided me tips and advices and gave me company.

I dont want to kill him.

There is a lot left for imagination...

he also bulged into your house, opened all doors, and led the monsters in

He didnt. Since last update, he even helped me keep zombies at bay with bow.

but he used to, and my anger is eternal

You get a new one, stop being a faggot

Still not justified to burn him alive ;_;

>occult game

he used to be completely useless other than telling you stuff like 'gee maybe you should stay inside during night' that anyone who was at least tangentially familiar with minecraft knew anyway, and would let monsters into your house; they gave him the ability to shoot stuff and tell you what items make what later

He just respawns, who cares.

>refresh catalog
>this thread hasn't fallen off the last page
Why are people seriously responding to this?

Because that was the serious question?

Because people don't know how sage while taking bait.

Because we can salvage the thread and use it to have intelligent discussion about the game.
Which boss would you fug?

Ice Queen?

The guide is the master of the world and terraria. You are burning his mortal vessel to summon his true form.

Queen Bee is the only acceptable answer.

>Hard mode
>is hard
Who would have thought right?
If you want comfy just drink calm potions and plant sunflowers.

W-what?

Learn some fucking English, jesus christ

Point out, how it should look like then. I dont see a problem with this post.

Can I fug normal enemies? Because I would totally fug that Sand Elemental. I mean it's practically a mini-boss right?

Tell me more about Terraria: Otherworld and what are your expectations.

After watching those clips I wonder why couldn't we fight corruption with magi-tech in base Terraria, or through some "Link to the Past" style alternate dimension shift hole that manages to affect the "real" world. And why couldn't our combat evolve beyond jumping/flying around like drunken butterflies dodging shitmaku bullets and spamming swordswings at thrash enemies.

i would fug the planet itself. the fleshy bits. yes. then i would wrap myself in the folds of flesh and dream about fishing.

It looks like shit. I have nothing more to tell you. They better fix that art style and animations because they suck absolute ass.

>Why devs did it that way?
Why did the devs make it that way?
>Or Terraria was supposed to be occult game?
Was Terraria supposed to be an occult game?

Sunflowers stop working in hardmode. They're just fancy lights then.

The only way to make successful video game threads these days is to bait the op

Cool, thanks.

its a game. a fictional games made of pixels and 1's and 0's. if you cant handle that then you should consider fucking off.

The PC in Terraria is the villain OP so don't play it if you can't handle that

Why nobody warned me about that?

COme to think of it, I found out around the net that one of the NPCs calls Wall of Flesh "Wall of Guide" I mean his name.